Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Morning All!

I went to the movies last night and I soooooo wanted to buy popcorn. All the way from the parking lot to the theater I kept trying to talk myself out of getting any (how sad is that? lol) and luckily I listened to my inner angel and just got a diet coke and skipped the snacks.

I was rewarded with a 2 pound drop on the scale this morning!!! Yippee!!!!

Today I'm going to have some stir fried beef for breakfast. (Don't judge me. I need something substantial to keep me full. lol)
And then I'll have beef broth soup with shirataki noodles for lunch and dinner.

100 0z of water and 2 miles of walking.

Be back later to check on everyone.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

hmmmm....why isn't my signature showing up.....
Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, there it is. It just doesn't go back and do it on old posts. Got it.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
I watched it too...and bought a juicer just before Christmas
Which one did you buy?

I've heard vitamix is the best but it's like ridiculously expensive. I'm thinking the Breville one he uses in the movie looks pretty easy. I'm just wondering about the clean up process. I'm so lazy. And to think about cleaning that thing 3 times a day...ugh.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Morning All!

I went to the movies last night and I soooooo wanted to buy popcorn. All the way from the parking lot to the theater I kept trying to talk myself out of getting any (how sad is that? lol) and luckily I listened to my inner angel and just got a diet coke and skipped the snacks.

Today I'm going to have some stir fried beef for breakfast. (Don't judge me. I need something substantial to keep me full. lol)

Yum! Why would we judget that? I have had ribs for bfast before
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star73 View Post
Thank goodness I'm not alone! I like eggs as much as the next person, but nothing keeps me satisfied all day like meat does. lol
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Morning,

FF- I have had meatloaf for breakfast, even a pork chop. Its quite good especially with an egg or two.

I heard Vitamixes were the best too. I know for sure I would fail on a juice diet. LOL! Maybe if it was 3 days at the absolute most.

I went to the Y again did 30 mins on the stair climber thing, and 20 on the elliptical.

Food So far today
B-2 eggs, 2 center cut bacon slices, coffee, and 8oz Low Sodium V8.
S-celery w/PB

I'll be back later to update the rest.
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Which one did you buy?

I've heard vitamix is the best but it's like ridiculously expensive. I'm thinking the Breville one he uses in the movie looks pretty easy. I'm just wondering about the clean up process. I'm so lazy. And to think about cleaning that thing 3 times a day...ugh.
Got it from JCPennys...Bella (the cheap one only because it was rated well even though it was cheap...and I don't trust myself to stick with anything so $100 plus was off the board for me. I have not used it once...and the kicker, someone posted one (a nice one) on Craigslist for free after I bought mine!!!...they got it for a gift and haven't used it

What I ended up doing was an interruption during Christmas (it is how I treated it anyway) and went back with every intention of buying the real deal...which I am still thinking about) but had about a week or so left of the hhcg. I ran out on 1/1 so yesterday was vlc day w/o drops...ooooops....it turned into a freaking party pizza, sf cheesecake, chips...ughhhhhhh I just went crazy...I was hungry and just went crazy and then I completely lost it and told myself...I might as well since I already went this far
On top of everything, my dad dialed my number and handed my mom the phone. I haven't talked to my Ps in months so I'm not sure what this is all about, but I am ready for the other shoe to drop.

Goal: Maintenance

Last edited by beachagain; 01-03-2013 at 09:17 AM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

whoa. Nothing like family drama to stir up the comfort food cravings! I hope everything works out well. You deserve at least a few months of no drama relaxation after the last few months you've had to endure.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
Morning,

FF- I have had meatloaf for breakfast, even a pork chop. Its quite good especially with an egg or two.

I heard Vitamixes were the best too. I know for sure I would fail on a juice diet. LOL! Maybe if it was 3 days at the absolute most.

I went to the Y again did 30 mins on the stair climber thing, and 20 on the elliptical.

Food So far today
S-celery w/PB

Good job on getting your exercise done already. I've already started slacking on my exercise goals for this year. lol
Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: RiotGirl08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Wow! Already in trace ketosis after just one day! Kept carbs down to 26 yesterday and had at least 60 grams protein; aiming for more protein today! Debbie
Great job! I'm always so happy to get back into ketosis becasue I don't get hungry! Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquirsw View Post
Deb you are doing well, I am back in ketosis as well even though only back on track since yesterday morning. I always feel that getting back into ketosis so quickly is a sign that this is the woe that our bodies prefer so adapt quickly to the change.
I agree. I know my body thrives on LC. My heartburn/ reflux becomes almost nonexistent, once I get back into ketosis my headaches go away, and I never get nauseated like I do when I eat crap. I have a very sensitive stomach and when I eat garbage I get sick EVERY night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazmom View Post
YES!!! I'm actually feeling a bit stressed today and I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't gone to buy my supplies yet. It's like I'm a freakin addict and I NEED my fix! lol
Seriously. I'm glad I'm not alone. Lol. Love me some post it notes! hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
We were going to sign up for the Y today and cancel our other gym membership, but DH got sick so it's on schedule for the weekend. So far today I've made egg cups but been too busy with the kids and cleaning to eat them.
I really love the Y we have here. Well actually we have 2 close by but then one closest to my house is great. I hope you get to go sign up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAndHealthy View Post
Hi everyone! May I join? Ugh, just weighed in for the first time in a few weeks ... EEEeeek! Starting weight is 252 lbs. My goal is to lose 20 lbs., which seems like alot to me but I always lose fast in the beginning so I'm determined to make it happen!
My husband is leaving for 8 weeks this Sunday. He is going to a corrections officer academy for his new job, and instead of getting down and bingeing as I would have in the past, I am going to use this time to concentrate on myself - working out, eating and cooking LC, pampering myself a little when I meet a weekly goal, etc. This challenge just came at the perfect time
I agree with FF. As usual, she took the words right outta my mouth. Your DH is gonna be in for a pleasant surprise when he gets back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Had a good day....did alittle shopping for my craft projects...Didnt eat B...so took a sm. pkg of pork jerky and ice tea with me...Have broke the habit of driving thru the drive thru for stuff....proud of myself on that one
WTG on skipping the drive thru!!

Quote:
not sure what the heck I'm doing should be trying to move to P3 and instead, I went crazy with my kids today...ughhh. I feel like crap but also feel I needed to get it out of my system ...I will for sure be WAY up tomorrow, but I think I will fast tomorrow and see if it helps my cravings
Dust your self off... it's a new day!

Quote:
with your husband away this will be a great opportunity for you to stick to plan and wow him when he gets back!
Exactly
RiotGirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Morning All!

WHOO HOO! Popcorn would SO not have been worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star73 View Post
Uh, really. I've had TUNA SALAD for breakfast before on LC. Talk about weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post

Food So far today
S-celery w/PB

YAY on getting to the gym early again! WTG!

Quote:
What I ended up doing was an interruption during Christmas (it is how I treated it anyway) and went back with every intention of buying the real deal...which I am still thinking about) but had about a week or so left of the hhcg. I ran out on 1/1 so yesterday was vlc day w/o drops...ooooops....it turned into a freaking party pizza, sf cheesecake, chips...ughhhhhhh I just went crazy...I was hungry and just went crazy and then I completely lost it and told myself...I might as well since I already went this far
On top of everything, my dad dialed my number and handed my mom the phone. I haven't talked to my Ps in months so I'm not sure what this is all about, but I am ready for the other shoe to drop.
SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! <------- That's my tough love. Just dust your booty off and get back OP, whatever that plan may be
Y'all know the history of me and my family. I finally let go and celebrated both Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas Day with my parents. Le sigh. Still not sure how I feel about it.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

So, I got a stomach bug yesterday. I'll save you the gory details (though poor FF was NOT saved from the down and dirty play-by-play ) and while I think it is mostly passed, I'm just not eating yet until I'm SURE. Today is my first day back to work so I'm super busy anyway. I'm going to eat some steak when I get home for dinner. I'm holding back on the water today so I don't get the squirts but I do plan to walk for 30 minutes tonight.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Well...finally getting the ornaments off the tree...let DH put it away for me later....
Just have to put the Christmas Village away so I can put family photos out again....Have to see which family member I want still out LOL...Love them all but sometimes ....

Ate the last of my ribeye steak in an omelet this morning....I love to use alittle Garden Vegtable creamcheese mixed in..... So off to a good start...,.

FF ....I understand about the popcorn at the movies....We buy the T shirts at the beginning of the year that way we get our popcorn free...mmmmmm lol.. now what can I do...Well I take a sm. bag of peanuts with me and let the DH hubby enjoy the popcorn...I do get my Diet coke for a dollar stilllllll

Well off to finish undoing Christmas again....

Hello to everyone...I will learn who is who as we travel along here ...lol..give me time

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 01-03-2013 at 10:22 AM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
Sorry, I couldnt find you all!!!!! I am in for this challenge. 149.0
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
FF.........197.2
KatG.....177.0
Riot.......220.6
SJN.......226.5
Jacqui....????
belle......205.0
Beach....146.9
Baz.......175.5
Debbie...186.0
Solit.......170.0
Lady.......226.0
Star.......219.0
Amity.....223.4
Freeman..191
Low ... DNW...
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Hey... Been down and depressed lately. Trying to get back on the wagon ( some type of wagon) today.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGirl08 View Post

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! <------- That's my tough love. Just dust your booty off and get back OP, whatever that plan may be
Y'all know the history of me and my family. I finally let go and celebrated both Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas Day with my parents. Le sigh. Still not sure how I feel about it.
awwwww I just love you and having you back is...indescribable
I am proud of you for going back (huge step)...I actually tried and God or someone was smiling on me and they were not home! so my big sis and I (and my kids) left the presents and left. Maybe (a week later) it's my dads way of saying thanks...even though he put my mom on who barely knows her name at this point or maybe it was a way to stir some $#!tzzz up...who knows...but I just kept it light and joked with my mom and told her how much I miss her...kind of like I moved to Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Well...finally getting the ornaments off the tree...let DH put it away for me later....
Just have to put the Christmas Village away so I can put family photos out again....Have to see which family member I want still out LOL...Love them all but sometimes ....

Ate the last of my ribeye steak in an omelet this morning....I love to use alittle Garden Vegtable creamcheese mixed in..... So off to a good start...,.

FF ....I understand about the popcorn at the movies....We buy the T shirts at the beginning of the year that way we get our popcorn free...mmmmmm lol.. now what can I do...Well I take a sm. bag of peanuts with me and let the DH hubby enjoy the popcorn...I do get my Diet coke for a dollar stilllllll

Well off to finish undoing Christmas again....

Hello to everyone...I will learn who is who as we travel along here ...lol..give me time
I sooooo need to undo Christmas...ugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Sorry, I couldnt find you all!!!!! I am in for this challenge. 149.0
That's cause FF moved us ...but I like it over here...and we just need to follow the link...I thought about popping back over and posting another link to catch our last minute stragglers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey... Been down and depressed lately. Trying to get back on the wagon ( some type of wagon) today.
kind of there with you...but kind of not I kind of have peace...kind of not....but I'm getting there. Let me know if you need anything...I can drive the wagon back over you, or drive it and haul you back inside..whatever you need sweetie

Last edited by beachagain; 01-03-2013 at 11:55 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

So...today I have decided to fast but if I get hungry by the end...I will do a steak and apple...treat it like a correction hopefully yesterday didn't mess me up horribly ...but I definitely went up a pound but I want to fix it now before there is a problem

This dieting really is for the birds

So, my plan...Complete P3 using Stop-eat-Stop to try to maintain...once I get to a semblance of P4, I plan to start some juicing so I can start getting more vegies in my system.
I have been trying to figure out what to get my DH for his birthday and he has been "planning" on getting gym or rec center membership, so I think I will get one for all of us...my DD, him, and I so we can start hitting the gym regularly...I have to get some motivation for exercise...with a group, we will be less likely to blow it off

Last edited by beachagain; 01-03-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
whoa. Nothing like family drama to stir up the comfort food cravings! I hope everything works out well. You deserve at least a few months of no drama relaxation after the last few months you've had to endure.
yep...but it was okay...I just always feel like I'm waiting for it.....wait for it....ax!! I am in such a way better place now then I have ever been, it sucks, but it isn't anything I have control over so...eh I just know when crazy dad and crazy sis don't get their fix...watch out, they will surly stir stuff up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGirl08 View Post
So, I got a stomach bug yesterday. I'll save you the gory details (though poor FF was NOT saved from the down and dirty play-by-play ) and while I think it is mostly passed, I'm just not eating yet until I'm SURE. Today is my first day back to work so I'm super busy anyway. I'm going to eat some steak when I get home for dinner. I'm holding back on the water today so I don't get the squirts but I do plan to walk for 30 minutes tonight.
This is why we love you
Hoping you are all better today!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
I would like to join this challege. I weighed on Tuesday 256.5.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquirsw
Stats: 236/209.0/160
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Aug 31st
I am sure that yesterday won't have messed it up too much. I am not sure that I would manage fasting and have lots of respect for people that can.

I am enjoying being back on track. I wish I could bottle this motivation and will power so I could use it when it gets more difficult later on. I went out for lunch with a friend today and was determined that it would not be an excuse to cheat so I had a home made burger (totally gorgeous) topped with cheddar and bacon, with a green salad and mayonnaise. was totally stuffed (even though I didn't finish the salad) and happy at the end of it, but more there was a contentment at knowing it was good for me. My friend is the complete opposite of me and a carbaholic so on her plate at the end was the meat she had eaten the chips and bun - whereas I had asked them to leave them off completely. She is a UK size 8 and doesn't really watch her eating at all - can definitely get depressed at how unfair it is.

Aug - Dec 13 > 18lb
Jan - Mar 14 > 9lb
total loss since Sep > 27lb
jacquirsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
FF.........197.2
KatG.....177.0
Riot.......220.6
SJN.......226.5
Jacqui....????
belle......205.0
Beach....146.9
Baz.......175.5
Debbie...186.0
Solit.......170.0
Lady.......226.0
Star........219.0
Amity......223.4
Freeman..191
Low ... DNW...
Old.........149.0
2f2f........256.5
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bazmom
Quote:
Hang in there! You are not alone - I've been suffering from anxiety and depression about school starting again so soon. It's making it so hard to get anything done, including any meal planning or eating anything anywhere near low carb.
Bazmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Losing weight is not just physical but mental too I think...I have to remember why I get stressed out and know that I am only hurting me,myself and I only...So now I keep on track by my desire to do this for me....Age creeps up on you fast so extra weight gets added, Ups and downs when you have children, no matter what their age, who are in need....and guess who they need to solve the problem....So now I am on track for myself....I do not fast, I only eat real food and I will weigh on our set date here... I keep projects going now to keep my mind not on food...no snacks while reading or crafting....If I think I need something I make sure it is LC waiting in the wings ready... Everyone of us could tell our life story here why we are not thin or healthy enough.....me too but I want to start to go forward...today....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 01-03-2013 at 05:25 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #86
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
FF.........197.2
KatG.....177.0
Riot.......220.6
SJN.......226.5
Jacqui....????
belle......205.0
Beach....146.9
Baz.......175.5
Debbie...186.0
Solit.......170.0
Lady.......226.0
Star........219.0
Amity......223.4
Freeman..191
Low ... DNW...
Old.........149.0
2f2f........256.5
Kitty........171

I'm here!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Jacqui - Your burger sounds good! I'm gonna make one just like it....I had been pondering meatballs or meatloaf all day, but burger sounds yummy. I have had the bronchitis crud that has been going around and this is the first in six days that I've had any energy at all, missed work all week. Will make a burger to take to work tomorrow too. Wish me luck in ER for 12 hour shift tomorrow and Saturday. I know I'm no longer contagious but we'll see if I make it a whole 12 hours! Will weigh in tomorrow AM just so I can be motivated...trying to keep myself from daily weighing cuz in the past I would make excuses for eating if I lost...I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done that! So, I'll try biweekly weighing, maybe!

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-03-2013 at 06:53 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: solitaire
I figured out how to make salads that taste like the BMT ones from Subway. I am a very happy camper right now and I've eaten a bag of lettuce already today.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, day 1 back on the wagon... Went very well... Now for day two.

I think I got depressed and stressed out because I added sugar/carbs back into my diet. I hope my emotions will even out soon.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Quote:
Hey, day 1 back on the wagon... Went very well... Now for day two.

I think I got depressed and stressed out because I added sugar/carbs back into my diet. I hope my emotions will even out soon.
I noticed my moods are all over the place when I have a diet full of carbs and sugar. Just another reason to stay on plan. carbs are an addiction for some of us and just mess with our minds
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote