Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Thanks for the welcome!! This looks like a great group to be part of; it's a journey, and the more folks on the train to support and encourage each other, the better! Take this morning for example - today is payday pastries at my job, and I usually run down to the kitchen first thing to get my quota of pastries for breakfast and lunch!! But this morning, I stayed right at my desk and enjoyed deviled eggs for breakfast, and they were delicious! We've got weigh-in Tuesday coming up, and I want to see a loss!!

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
Happy Thursday everyone. I'm having a Super Bowl party on Sunday and need some appetizer ideas. So far I have: Meatballs, wings, jalapeno poppers, and lowcarb pizza bites. Any other ideas?
Maybe some assorted cheese squares with a toothpick in each one!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Happy Thursday everyone. I'm having a Super Bowl party on Sunday and need some appetizer ideas. So far I have: Meatballs, wings, jalapeno poppers, and lowcarb pizza bites. Any other ideas?
Definitely a cheese tray with some cured meats like turkey pepperoni. Also a veggie tray with ranch dressing. Assorted olives. Yum. Have fun! Who are your cheering for? (Please don't say the Ravens)
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #274
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
Thanks for the welcome!! This looks like a great group to be part of; it's a journey, and the more folks on the train to support and encourage each other, the better! Take this morning for example - today is payday pastries at my job, and I usually run down to the kitchen first thing to get my quota of pastries for breakfast and lunch!! But this morning, I stayed right at my desk and enjoyed deviled eggs for breakfast, and they were delicious! We've got weigh-in Tuesday coming up, and I want to see a loss!!
good going!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Hey... I am still around.
Hope everyone is well... Haven't had a chance to look over the past posts.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

Afternoon ladies!

Sorry, I"ve been so quiet this past week. I've been working out some things in my head. One of the last times I was on here I posted that I was gonna power through another 3 weeks on hcg, but I couldn't stop my bingeing. I was good for a day then I'd get ravenous and binge and feel horrible about myself. So I just said forget it, stopped taking the hcg, and went immediately back to low carb.

I can't even remember what day that was...maybe Monday. Anyhow, I feel better than I've felt in months. I was just depriving myself too much which led to me cheating, which led to me hating myself and the cycle just continued for too long.

The difference this time is that I'm not eating beef and cheese and high calorie foods. I've basically been sticking to chicken and salads and I've been making low carb cheesecakes to help with my sweet tooth. I haven't weighed at all this week. I'll either weigh in on Tuesday or give myself another week of eating like this before I weigh in. The constant thought of food is gone though and that's priceless to me right now.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Afternoon ladies!

Sorry, I"ve been so quiet this past week. I've been working out some things in my head. One of the last times I was on here I posted that I was gonna power through another 3 weeks on hcg, but I couldn't stop my bingeing. I was good for a day then I'd get ravenous and binge and feel horrible about myself. So I just said forget it, stopped taking the hcg, and went immediately back to low carb.

I can't even remember what day that was...maybe Monday. Anyhow, I feel better than I've felt in months. I was just depriving myself too much which led to me cheating, which led to me hating myself and the cycle just continued for too long.

The difference this time is that I'm not eating beef and cheese and high calorie foods. I've basically been sticking to chicken and salads and I've been making low carb cheesecakes to help with my sweet tooth. I haven't weighed at all this week. I'll either weigh in on Tuesday or give myself another week of eating like this before I weigh in. The constant thought of food is gone though and that's priceless to me right now.
yep
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Hey all! I was at my grandmother's house last week to help her after she had shoulder surgery. She does not have internet access and it's too hard to check in on the board from my phone. Then we went out of town Friday for my son's soccer tournament and got back late last night. I'm back and on plan ! I only gained .2 since last week which is great since I've been off plan a little with being out of town. I'm happy about that ! I'll go through and read posts later...
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #279

Quote:
Afternoon ladies!

It is

Belle, hoping your grandma is recovering. Sweet of you to stay with her
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey... I am still around.
Hope everyone is well... Haven't had a chance to look over the past posts.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all!

Still having fun with all my low carb foods over here. I'm not really losing or gaining, just staying the same...so I know I'm going to have to start cutting back on the low carb cheesecakes. I love them but I also want to see the scale move down so I'll limit them to once every few weeks as a treat.

I'm just happy to not be hungry all the time. lol
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
FF - I'm glad you're feeling better. I've been there too and it sucks. I've been maintaining too and it feels better than gaining, that's for sure. I'm just glad I have this thread to come to. Even though I know I don't post much I read everyone's posts and know that I go through the same things so it makes me feel better to know I'm not in this alone....

kitty - thanks! She's doing better everyday !
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Happy Tuesday everyone - I've been MIA since Friday - but have still been on plan. Down to 240 today which is only 1 pound since Friday, but I did drink a lot of beer this past weekend with Super Bowl and all - but ate totally on plan!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
FF - I'm glad you're feeling better. I've been there too and it sucks. I've been maintaining too and it feels better than gaining, that's for sure. I'm just glad I have this thread to come to. Even though I know I don't post much I read everyone's posts and know that I go through the same things so it makes me feel better to know I'm not in this alone....

Belle, I'm happy to hear your grandma is feeling better!

Quote:
Happy Tuesday everyone - I've been MIA since Friday - but have still been on plan. Down to 240 today which is only 1 pound since Friday, but I did drink a lot of beer this past weekend with Super Bowl and all - but ate totally on plan!
A pound is a pound! Great job!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

Just went for a 2 mile walk at the beach and can I just say 2 miles on the beach goes by so much faster than 2 miles on the sidewalk or treadmill. lol

I got a new app on my iphone called Map My Walk which turns your phone into a pedometer. Brilliant! I'm planning to get up early and go for another walk tomorrow. Not at the beach, just through the neighborhood.

I also had a craving for sweets this afternoon so I made the 1 minute cake. Riot sent me the recipe last night and OMG it was so good! I topped it off with some whipped cream and it totally hit the spot! Yum!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post

Glad she's improving
Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

Soooo quiet in here.

I'm still chugging along. I'm actually cutting out all cheese products starting today so that I can see some movement on the scale. It will be just meat and eggs for me for a few weeks. Hopefully this will get the scale moving down again.

Fingers crossed!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone! I'm doing good, had a few "bad" days that I can't explain but I'm now back on plan!!

I was drinking good water, but what's the use if I was eating bad?? So after chastising myself strongly, I am now back on plan - had an Atkins shake and 2 strips of bacon for breakfast, egg salad on lettuce for lunch, a LC pudding for snack, and either baked tilapia w/brocolli or some stir-fried shrimp w/mushrooms and a side of greens for dinner. I think I'll stop on the way home and get a big head of cabbage and make a bowl of LC cole slaw - that's good eating and I could chomp on that all day!

Last edited by InTheLight; 02-07-2013 at 08:04 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #289

It is quiet....
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

yep
Old 02-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday everyone! I've been MIA because I have been super busy! Still going strong though!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been MIA for many reasons...Life, work, and of course...food

I am still juicing (but not juice fasting)...just juicing for health...I am also off meat and do not miss it at all I do not miss coffee either ...so I am basically eating a vegetarian diet at this point and find it is yummy. I know I will have to figure this out, but I am actually very satisfied to have fruits and vegetables in my life. I have not gained...I have not lost I was hoping to lose but realize I have a lot of tweaking to do...like stop cheating on chips and sugary stuff ...oh, and grains seem to be okay, but I think if I lose more of those I will see a loss. AND...I am exercising so hope this will also help

so that's my update

Goal: Maintenance
Old 02-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #293
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
I've been MIA for many reasons...Life, work, and of course...food

I am still juicing (but not juice fasting)...just juicing for health...I am also off meat and do not miss it at all I do not miss coffee either ...so I am basically eating a vegetarian diet at this point and find it is yummy. I know I will have to figure this out, but I am actually very satisfied to have fruits and vegetables in my life. I have not gained...I have not lost I was hoping to lose but realize I have a lot of tweaking to do...like stop cheating on chips and sugary stuff ...oh, and grains seem to be okay, but I think if I lose more of those I will see a loss. AND...I am exercising so hope this will also help

so that's my update
Beach, it sounds like you've found a way of eating that is really working for you! Who cares if you're not losing at the moment? You're eating what you're craving and totally satisfied, and you're not gaining. That's the real accomplishment because when you hit your goal weight you'll know you can maintain it by doing what you're doing now. Yay!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #294
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Happy Friday everyone! I've been MIA because I have been super busy! Still going strong though!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
I'm glad to hear you'r still doing great 2f2f! I had no doubt! You've been rocking this challenge.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning ladies!

The weekend is almost over and I'm still holding strong with my M&E plan. I'm still not hungry or craving junk the way I was last week, so that's a HUGE weight off my shoulders. I'm eating A LOT of eggs, like 6 or 7 a day. Plus either 6 oz of chicken or steak. I know I should probably reduce the amount of eggs I'm eating at some point, but right now I'm completely satisfied so I don't want to mess with the winning combination. lol
Old 02-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #296
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Beach, it sounds like you've found a way of eating that is really working for you! Who cares if you're not losing at the moment? You're eating what you're craving and totally satisfied, and you're not gaining. That's the real accomplishment because when you hit your goal weight you'll know you can maintain it by doing what you're doing now. Yay!
While I appreciate...I am far from goal...but I'm ok...I will keep doing what I do and hope I lose a few
Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Hey all... I haven't been on any kind of eating plan for awhile now... I have told myself that I am starting back on JUDDD tomorrow.
Not telling anyone else... But my family will likely figure it out in a few weeks ( they are slow at noticing anything about me...)

Hope you all are well.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
While I appreciate...I am far from goal...but I'm ok...I will keep doing what I do and hope I lose a few
Yes, but when you DO get to goal, which you will cause you're practically the only person in our group that has ever reached goal you'll know exactly how to maintain it this time and you'll be able to maintain eating on a plan that is satisfying to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey all... I haven't been on any kind of eating plan for awhile now... I have told myself that I am starting back on JUDDD tomorrow.
Not telling anyone else... But my family will likely figure it out in a few weeks ( they are slow at noticing anything about me...)

Hope you all are well.
Good luck on JUDDD today! You can do it!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

I have 4 days of M&E completed with a loss of 5.4 pounds so far.
Feeling great, no cravings for crap food. If I ever spiral out of control again with the food cravings/binges...somebody PLEASE remind me how quickly the M&E diet brings me back under control. I wish I would have done this at the beginning of January.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Not off to a good start in February. I have allowed myself some cheats and up 3.5 pounds as a result! Back and determined not to cheat for the rest of February and on into March.