Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
well done everyone for sticking to their plan (sorry thats as close as i get to personals my arms do not allow for long posts sorry)

mums house completed yesterday so we moved everything out, still not completed on flat so my house has her furniture strewn around it. added to which DS Is not well so am taking him to drs later. never rains etc etc

funny enough have stuck to plan too!!!

oh and thanks mimosa for bulletproof explanation. seems i have been doing that for years without realising lol

x
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: junkfoodmonkey
Stats: 213/193/140
WOE: Atkins - Induction
Start Date: Original Nov 2003 Current 17 Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola5k View Post
I am on an UD today but am trying to keep it sensible as I think I probably over indulge on the wrong things on the UD cos I think that I can. Still got the Xmas kilo to shift.
This is what I'm sure would get me if I tried this IF malarkey. Also I'd spend the whole DD thinking about what I could eat on the UD!

Hooray, the weekend approacheth! I'm planning on getting my food shopping in tonight and then battening down the hatches for the weekend. No reason to go out, so will just snuggle in, catch up on sleep, do some reading and watching DVDs and lots of writing work of course. Oh and some laundry and ironing and hoovering and boring stuff like that unfortunately.
junkfoodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Shy: Poor you with all this chaos...hopefully it will be over soon at least the weather has been Ok for the move so far.

JFM: UD/DD isn't for everyone and you are quite happy with the LC route so maybe its best route for you. I don't really think about what I can eat on the UD...but keep myself going on the DD by knowing that I can eat the next day. This week for me has worked so far and I.ve lost .5 kg of the 1kg that I gained over Xmas so happy. Also going out for Italian Meal tomorrow and can eat reasonably well as today is a DD. I am not going to deny DD's can be hard but the more you get into them the easier they become..BUT as I said LC is working for you so stick with it. Hope you get all your stuff done over the weekend and batton down the hatches as you say if the snow comes as forecast.

Hi to everyone else reading. Hope you all OK.

God DH home in bed today with the dreaded lurgie....what awful patients men are lol !!!
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Chugging along, not enjoying builders everywhere. Dust is inches deep.

Also, I don't like the cold snap. And my nasal passages still feel 'you've had a cold' like. Generally feeling disgruntled.

Seeing old friends tonight though so things will improve after a laugh and a glass of wine.

Good to see everyone doing well.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Hope everyone's heading for a great weekend!

I'm about to go into the city for my husband's annual works party. It's 4pm and I just ironed a new lacy top. Big mistake! I had the setting on the iron too high and it disintegrated!! Amazingly I just laughed.....and spent 10 minutes going through my wardrobe for an alternative......finally choosing something nearly 10 years old!!!! I think I am finally a grown up - not so long ago I would have been in a blind panic and dashed to the mall.

So, exercise is still going well. I have found a 'creative dance' class. It's brilliant - a bit like being back in primary school and 'pretending' to be things. Love it!

Couple of pounds left the building this week:jump joy: Sure I'll undo all that on the delicious food and cocktails at tonight's party (at least the alternative outfit is somewhat baggy)

Feel better all you poor lurgy sufferers.

Jan x
janj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blotto76
Stats: 175.25/163/140
WOE: Atkins first time round, Dukan now
Start Date: 5 May 2008/restart 17 June 2013 (Dukan)
Sounds like everyone is doing really well, great stuff.

I'm finally feeling better and had a fantastic birthday party on Friday - lots of eating, drinking and dancing.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend those of you not in the Middle East.

x
blotto76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Hi All

Sorry I'm being MIA!!

Eating too much - working too much! So have decided, if I can't control my appetite (or perceived appetite) I'll eat low carb for a while. At least till I have my nibbling under control.

We're a step closer to heading back over the ME - DH's papers have now been finalised in the South - and sent to the Capital - all who live/have lived in the ME - know this doesn't mean anything will happen any time soon!!

I have 5 days training this month - busy!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #68

I am finally over my cold too, such a relief.

Glad you had a great birthday Blotto. Many happy returns and ll that!

Enjoy LC Vicky, we know it works. I hope 5 days training will make you very rich, I know it pays better than 28 days a month used to, which I never understand but I like.

I have cleaned the Devon house within an inch of its life today, thank heavens for DD energy. I have disobeyed the JUDDD rules and had 2 DDs in a row, but having had 3 UDs and with 3 more ahead of me, it seemed the wise thing to do.

Friend arrives tomorrow and leaves Thus midday. Looking forward to it now that the house is clean and I have food here to cook. This morning it wasn't looking good.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Fingers crossed for the move Mint. Good luck with LC.

Kissa, have a great time with your friend.

Jan, how was hubbie's work party?

x
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
Oh, I'm so glad you're all getting over your colds!! SO many friends have been laid low now, I feel so sorry for everyone!

Kissa, have fun with your friend! You can relax knowing that the house is clean :-) Planning to cook anything exciting? Do you have snow?

Mint, wonderful that plans are coming together, and knock 'em dead with the training. Low-carb works better for me than anything else, so I'm with you there!

Jan - YES! Definitely better to laugh at such setbacks rather than panic. Life is a lot easier when we learn that one! So, how was the party?

Blotto, I AM glad you finally felt well enough for a proper celebration. Cheers!

Lola, hooray on the loss, keep up the good work. Hope your husband got better before you were forced to strangle him, LOL!

JFM I do hope you enjoyed your weekend in, and that the hoovering etc didn't take up too much of your writing time...

Shy, BIG hugs. Must be a stressful time. Hope your son is better. I hope it all works out soon.

Mimosa, your menus always sound so delicious! I am sure the weight loss will continue, and your man will get used to this way of eating... Did you have a good weekend?

Hello everyone who isn't posting at the mo for whatever reason!

Well I negotiated the premiere with dignity. As a cover you can't expect much so my goal had been to do such decent work that I could give the director my card before the premiere and say, if you hear of anything, do call. (He's a Big Cheese in German theatre.) In the event, HE came to ME to thank me for my contribution and said he knew it wasn't easy. Win!

AND I remembered to wear low enough heels that despite the usual mad dancing I could walk yesterday.

AND I didn't get drunk. AND I didn't fall over on the dancefloor (probably because there were no dancers there to challenge to competitions, LOL).

Then yesterday I went for a bike ride in the sunshine and FROZE my poor toes (I was well wrapped up but totally failed to realise that the wind chill was vicious, even through winter boots). They still haven't quite forgiven me.

Then I went to a friend's birthday party and ate a lot of cheese and drank a lot of wine and acted as a child-magnet (was wearing a skirt with a lot of sequins on. They were fascinated!!).

Doesn't feel like Monday today. Onwards and upwards.

Juno x
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Juno: In reply we have snow where I live...not loads but it is coming down now and I have left my office to work at home so no slog through it for me tonight lol. I.m a right glitter queen so love the child magnet skirt with lots of sequins which would be right up my street lol. Hope that your toes have recovered -must be cold in Germany? Cheese....and wine....hmmm love it.

Blotto: So glad that you had a great birthday and enjoyed the party. Hope Paleo is still working for you?

Kissa: I am reading with such interest on the front of all magazines and the Sunday Times yesterday about this revolutionary fasting diet lol!!. They've all discovered JUDDD like they are the only ones ha ha. All pushing the 5:2 but I am sure if you only have a little to lose then you won't lose much on that. But its good its getting a lot of press at the moment.

Shy: Hope you aren't going totally dool alley with your Mum and the move etc. Expect you have snow the same as us here we are on the same kinda side of the country.

Juno: Good to see you posting again...dance classes sound like fun.

So I am now home thank goodness for the pm working at home...so no slogging home in the snow for me. Have booked to go to Spin tonight but will give it a miss if the snow doesn't stop. Didn't go out to Italian in the end on Saturday as DH still no better. So re booked for next week so have to play around with me DD's and bring in a MD as I need next Saturday to be another UD.

Hi, JFM, Mimosa, Mint and anyone else reading....what happened Cheesecake haven't seen you back here again hope that you are alright?

Enjoy x

Last edited by lola5k; 01-14-2013 at 06:11 AM..
Old 01-15-2013, 03:38 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Hi all!

Doing a quick fly by again!
Weekend was nice, cold and wintery. Got lots done in the house and spent time reading Valley of the Dolls, which had been on my reading list since I can read, LOL!
Still busy and crazy at work, so not much time to post!

No more weightloss to report, and stupidly I haven't measured myself yet. (beginners mistake, how could I???) So will measure this weekend and keep track of it for inchloss and more motivation! Been a good girl so far, even stayed away from anything else bad like cigarettes and alcohol! So all in all I am doing fabulous if I may say!

Well, here's the menu for today:

B: BPC; I tend to do this every day...
L: chicken salad. (which I made from my soup chicken from which I made a delicious broth first) I made the chicken salad with lots of nice mayo, crispy bacon, feta and avocado, all mixed till mushy and yummy. I plonked two nice spoonfulls on a bed of rocket and baby spinach.
D: dunno, probably leftover pork roast in leftover creamy wine sauce. Most likely again with rocket and spinach. I could also magic the ingredients as filling for an omelette... Will decide when the time comes!

That's it for now, will try and be a bit more sociable tomorrow; in the meantime have a good day everyone!
xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well done all. where did the newbes go? did we frighten them off already?? hope not

mum has finally exchanged on the flat and completes friday so will have my d/room back sometime in the next week or so as shes not going straight in

been pretty good with food considering the above and the lurgy that i have had. roll on return to normality!!

hugs to all
x
Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Shy, good news about your mother, and congratulations on eating well with all that whirling around you!!

Mimosa, I realise I have been reading your menus too quickly; what's a BPC? (Been thinking - big piece of cheese? bit of peanut butter on a carrot? bread pudding crumbs?)

Well I now realise that I am so set in the low carb way, it's hard to go off track! I am jumping in tomorrow for the role I have been covering (hooray!! get paid AND it makes it all official), so am doing all I can to get a good night's sleep tonight. I thought I'd carb-load for dinner, however wandered around THREE different supermarkets without finding anything I actually fancied!! Turns out my current idea of carb-loading is salmon fish fingers, homemade garlic mayo and peas! Definitely didn't want to eat wheat-based things as they make my stomach bloat, and I was VERY proud of the skirts of the costume doing up around my waist - startled the costume dept too, as the original singer is about a foot shorter than me and not noticeably overweight...

Hope everyone is safe and warm!

Juno x
Old 01-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheeeesecake
Stats: 218/174.25/154
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Re-start 18 November 2013
Hey everyone! Not been around for a few days...no scaring me off!! Went to see Ed Sheeran on Sunday night, ate far too much food, cakes and too many cocktails and cider whoops!! Back on track now and spent the day making fondant penguins for my daughters birthday cake! Hope you all had a great weekend!
cheeeesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: junkfoodmonkey
Stats: 213/193/140
WOE: Atkins - Induction
Start Date: Original Nov 2003 Current 17 Sep 2012
Hi all, how's it going?

Juno, you sound like you're having a load of adventures!

Lola, I'm jealous of you getting to stay home. It's been snowing here and a really bad frost is expected tonight, so it's going to be horrible getting to work tomorrow. The paths will be lethal!

Hi, Cheesecake! And everyone else!

I hope this snow has eased a bit by Friday, when I'm off to a lunch with some writer pals in the wilds of Northumberland. Could be very tricky on the roads up there.
junkfoodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #77

Juno I am thrilled you are going on! and that the costume dept are impressed.

Yes, Lola, it is funny how much attention intermittent fasting is getting these days.

Gail, I think making fondant penguins is deserving of sainthood!

Having a great time, 3 UDs in a row!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Hi hi, hope all you UK folk are keeping warm in the snow - brrrr.

Juno, fantastic that you automatically want low carb food, good luck with the show.

Lola, hope DH is getting better?

Shy, yay to your mum's moving date! and well done on the good eating.

Cheesecake, hello!

Junk, hello!

Mimosa, keep up the good work!

Kissa, enjoy those UDs!

Mint, how is LC going?

All good here - busy busy with work, study and training, and there also seems to be a fun new man in my life! Nothing serious, but it's fun for now

x
Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 3 of LC and all going well! Wasn't hungry for my lunch! So appetite suppression has hit - which is a good thing!

Currently making a OMM - so I can enjoy some butter on it!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #80

Good job Vicky, your sister is doing well too.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay!!!

My leadership training went well - makes all the effort worthwhile! Exec Assts tomorrow!! Time Management and then Coaching & Mentoring next week - no peace!!

Losing weight - hallelujah - hunger all going, pretty much.

Had OMM soldiers and dippy egg for brekkie!!! Yum!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all!

Well, it looks like a winter wonderland here! We have about 10 inches of snow with more falling as I write this. Thank God for winter tyres! Seems like life just goes on here, not much panic, LOL!

It's busy at work, so that's why I'm not posting every day. Got to find some spare minutes here and there to catch up with you all!

Food wise I'm still good! And I was getting a bit of a round belly around my stomach area before I started, and that is now gone! Still got tons of flab everywhere else, but I can already see a difference in my stomach area... Two weeks in and I feel great! Staying in Induction for now. I think I want to lose half the weight I need to lose before I move up the ladder. I am happy eating very few carbs!

So here's my menu:

B: BPC (Juno, that's a BulletProofCoffee... Coffee with butter, coconut oil etc... There's a thread regarding this somewhere on these boards, I'll try and find it for you)
L: Tuna in olive oil, 4 sundried tomato halves, feta
D: no idea. I think I'll buy some fatty cut of meat and have that with garlic butter... Maybe some sauteed spinach with garlic...

Have a good day everyone!

xx C.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Oh DUH!! BulletProofCoffee! Sorry. Did read about that but I like my coffee black and unadulterated thanks very much so it passed me by... haha. Glad to hear your tummy is reshaping itself! Mine has still a way to go before I achieve flatness, but it's heading in the right direction. And I am jealous of the fatty cuts of meat - here it's very rare to find them, all the fat is cut off right at the start of the process...

Mint, glad to hear you're pleasantly busy!

Blotto, wooohoo on the possible new man - have fun ;-)

JFM, did you survive the slippery paths? I have ordered my mother to put on her personal snow chains (bought them for her when she first visited me here and there was an ice storm... useful little beasts!).

Cheeesecake, so glad we didn't scare you off! And I agree with Kissa - making fondant penguins does indeed qualify you for sainthood!!

So last night went pretty well, remembered all my words and pleased the stage manager by managing not to fall down any holes. Then sat and demolished a load of red wine with a friend. Just about to hop on my bike and head into town. We shall ignore the fact that it appears to be snowing with dignity...
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junoesque View Post
Oh DUH!! BulletProofCoffee! Sorry. Did read about that but I like my coffee black and unadulterated thanks very much so it passed me by... haha. Glad to hear your tummy is reshaping itself! Mine has still a way to go before I achieve flatness, but it's heading in the right direction. And I am jealous of the fatty cuts of meat - here it's very rare to find them, all the fat is cut off right at the start of the process...
Juno: LOL on your entire post, and congratulations on your night, glad it went well! For fatty cuts of meat, we have an excellent butcher in our local EDEKA supermarket, who will even provide me with bespoke cut meat, LOL! Maybe it's because the Germans see me as a nice novelty, being Dutch and all, LOL! I use what I can, LOL!

Blotto: do tell us more!

Cindy: how are the UD's? Having fun with friends and food I hope!

Vicky: glad the training went well, and WOOHOO on the weightloss!

Junk: how was the lunch? Did you manage to get there ok? Still tons of snow?

Shy: hope normality has somewhat returned for you...

Lola: hope all is well, and DH is better...

Cheesecake: Glad we did'nt scare you off! How did all the baking go?

Everyone else who has been quiet for this week: hope you are all well!!!

Here all is good, weekend is coming up after an intense work week, so looking forward to it!
Snow is coming down hard and fast again, hopefully the sun will come out a bit tomorrow, it looks so pretty with all the snow and a blue sky, don't you all think?
Picking up my new glasses tomorrow. My eye sight has changed slightly, so needed new prescription. I already picked up sunglasses with the new prescription, and it feels weird! I do see better, but they still feel not right... Oh well, I guess I just wore the wrong strength for a while, and will need to get used to seeing more clearly!

Food wise I am not sure what I am planning for the weekend... Something lovely, that's for sure!

Yesterday evening I ended up eating roast chicken legs/wings with mayo... Very delicious!

My menu today is:
B: BPC
L: probably bonito in olive oil with avocado and a bit of feta
D: ground beef with mayo and spinach

I may just have one or two glasses of wine spritzer... not sure yet... Will see... I've been so good since the 2nd of Jan, I may keep up this non alcohol streak for a while longer! Will get back to you all on that!

Well, I probably won't post on the weekend, so I am wishing you all a lovely two days and see you back here on Monday!

xxx
Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi everyone . sorry i dont do personals but as some of u know my arms wont allow me to type for long

mums flat completes today but due to likelihood of snow i fear she wont get moved til net week. oh well tis a start

menus been weird but lowcarb so thats all that matters

keep warm and safe if u have snow

x
Old 01-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Shy: Great news re flat...I know no move because of the snow but at least you know that she can move now once the snow has cleared. Sorry hands and arms still bad...don't suppose this cold weather helps.

Blotto: glad you are having fun with new "fun partner"

Mimosa: Great news re: tummy roundness...and the rest will follow I am sure.

Cheesecake/Mint: Good to see you back

Juno: Glad that you still getting out and about despite the snow. Loved the "load of red wine" and that everything went as well as could be.

Kissa: Great with 3 UD's and am sure 2DD's are a good compromise.

Jan: Hope all good for you and that you are not too cold where you are.

Junk: Don't expect that you made it to Northumberland for your lunch date?

I am sticking to plan JUDDD but got the bouncing scales at the moment and don't seem to be making much progress getting rid of any more. Just keep plodding on. Been sent home from work cos of snow YAY....so that's good. Cos they sent me home I will get paid and won't have to pay the hours back. If I.d stayed home then I wouldn't have got paid or would have had to work overtime to make the hours up...so result. Its pretty bad here at the moment but think it might turn to rain laters.

Last edited by lola5k; 01-18-2013 at 05:01 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #87

Lola, just want to report one good DD and one failed DD..... but I am still buying size 10 skinny jeans from Next.

I don't do personals much either shy, it is just so lovely to see you here again. xxx

Amazingly untouched by the snow, although it is all around us.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Kissa: 2DD's in a row is very tough...so guess your result is normal.

Went out last night to "dummy run" of an Italian Restaurant for DH's birthday next weekend Should have gone last week but he was ill. It was rated as very good and had a lovely Italian rustic feel about it. However, menu was quite limited (maybe sign of good restaurant). And there was really only pasta, risotto or pizza to eat....So I went for a spaghetti carbonnera. Wasn't a huge portion by any means but I don't know if its carb overload cos I don't normally eat many or just got a dirty glass etc...but had to rush to loo (sorry if TMI) as soon as I got in and have been up most of the night with stomach cramps.!! Still feel delicate so a very down day for me I think.

Hope that you are all OK and those of you without snow enjoy and those with enjoy lol.

BTW...we walked to the restaurant and back 4 miles in each direction....so shouldn't have packed on too many calories lol.

Last edited by lola5k; 01-20-2013 at 02:51 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #89

Back safely in London after a very snowy drive back. Tomorrow I have to drive to Southend and back, not looking forward to it...

Sorry you had a a runny tummy Lola, the walk will have dealt with any calories the runs didn't!

I am not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

not much snow here yesterday so got mums furniture into flat, even tho she is still here. made up it for today with 4inches or so!!! kissa think carefully before coming this way if theres more snow tonight or tomorrow. message me if u want me to check

hope everyone is keeping safe and warm in the snow

x