Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
What an amazing outfit Maryam, you look incredible. I love your Siggie line too, so true. Hope DH is better soon.

Mimosa you are loving that induction food, and who can balme you, yummy!

I am having a DD today, just potatoes, I love these calm, simple potato DDs.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blotto76
Stats: 175.25/163/140
WOE: Atkins first time round, Dukan now
Start Date: 5 May 2008/restart 17 June 2013 (Dukan)
Mint, bet the cruise was fabulous.

Mimosa, sounds like the eating is going well. Your menus sound delicious!

Kissa, haha, sounds so strange to hear you say you love potatoes!

Blondie, you look fabulous! Hope the wedding was enjoyed by all, and hope DH is on the mend.

Shy, hope your mum's move is going okay as can be expected. Come join me on the low carb bandwagon soon!

Jan, hope you're not missing DS too much - hugs.

All good here - day 6 of paleo and I'm 2.5kg down. But I think that's probably the 2.5kg I gained over Xmas/NY, haha! But still, it's motivation not to give up.

x
blotto76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #33

That is a great drop, very motivating.

I am fed up with the end of this cold, sometimes they just drag on. It wasn't a bad cold and is more irritating now.

Saw Argo yesterday and will see Life of Pi this afternoon. Enjoyed Argo, then cooked a Haggis for supper and watched the last 2 episodes of The Killing, brilliant. We borrowed the box set and watched its over 4 days, I love that.

Jan I hope you are okay, tough knowing he is doing military training I am sure.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Blondie: Sounds like you had fun....yeah its probably not a lot different in the UK..men at the bar women together lol.

Still got the dreaded cold lurking around...and not feeling great still but just trying to chug along. Not really got to start work again till Wednesday so hopefully time to get back to 100% match fit.

Not really on JUDDD at moment...most days been more of Medium days...so will start with ernest tomorrow DD. Only put on 2lbs over Xmas so should be able to shift that in a week.

Blotto: Wow great loss very motivational.

Hope that you are all keeping on the straight and narrow with any excesses that you have gained.

Hopefully back to spinning tomorrow as well.

xx
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Hope the lurgy is clearing for both Kissa and Lola - get well soon.

x
Old 01-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/192.1/160
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Morning all!

How is everyone today?
Hopefully those who were under the weather feel a bit better!

Weekend was nice, I stuck with my no drinking, no smoking and losing weight regime just fine. Had a nasty few days with induction flu, but I stuck it out. Feeling a bit better today thankfully.

So far my weightloss is pretty good, but I think it's all water weight anyway. I lost 6.6lbs in 5 days, but no visible results. I am going to count my weightloss as serious once the fat starts leaving, so I'm giving it another 2 weeks before I start cheering.
I still really like JUDDD, Paleo, high fat low carb and Intermittent fasting, so I am going to see how I can incorporate fasting principles in a high fat eating pattern.
First though, I am sticking with strict induction for the full two weeks, so I can start feeling better.

I am suspecting I have candida overgrowth, as I am displaying quite a few symptoms. Hopefully the die off won't make my induction flu symptoms worse.
At least I have lots of energy, so that's something!

On the exercise front, I am taking it easy for a bit, so nothing spectacular. I go for a brisk 45 minute walk with the dog every evening, and on weekends this is double. I am thinking of adding rebounding and T-Tapp into the mix when the mood strikes and when I need the reshaping. No pressure.

I do know that when I put too many expectations on myself, I will sabotage my good intentions, so I am taking it one day at a time and trying to be positive and good to myself. So far so good!

Enough rambling, here's my menu for today:

B: Coffee, cream, coconut oil all whizzed in my aerocino
L: depending on my hunger, tuna in olive oil with some homemade mayo and some green leaves
D: Roemertopf casserole, with green beans, tomatoes and smoked sausage. Maybe I'll add some homemade mayo to make my fat ratios better.

Have a good day everyone!
xx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #37

Glad things are going well Mimosa, you have taken on quite enough without worrying about more exercise just yet.

My DD became a medium day yesterday, I am wondering if I dare try moving toward 5:2, as I am steadily at or below goal, unless I have mad day. And even then I can get the excesses off with a good DD or two.

Hope everyone is enjoying their New Year eating plans and seeing success, it is lovely to finally get back to 'normal'. Well, once this cold has gone.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone.

Mimosa: What a great start you are making and like your approach of not worrying about it all too much and taking very serious stats for a few weeks.
Walking is a great start and that will definiately help.

Kissa: I am sure that you are heading very close to 5:2. I must admit I find that one difficult to understand that people would actually lose weight on it. I would think it more maintenance?

Well my DD is going well today...only black coffee so far and eating some fish and salad later.

Wish I could say same about the cold...but I take 2 steps forward with it and 4 back. Was booked to do spin tonight...but just don't feel like expending the energy...when I.m ready I guess.

Hi to everyone else ready
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #39

Yes, Lola I agree, although I lost well on regular JUDDD when I did it strictly I only maintain these days unless I work harder than I like to at keeping my UDs low. 5:2 is attractive and worth a try as a maintenance tool but I am pretty sure I would never lose that way.

I also agree about the cold. I am fed up with it. I am going to visit DD1 in Southend tomorrow, hope I don't give it to her.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I too am struggling with the cold/lurgy - mine has resurfaced again today - happy birthday to me, hahah!

Mim, keep up the good work with the induction plan, sounds like you are going great. One day at a time is the best way.

Kissa, I'm sure 5:2 would work perfectly for you as a maintenance tool. You can always throw in an extra DD any time you feel you need to.

Lola, hope you get some energy back soon.

One week complete on paleo and I'm 3kg down - so far so good.

x
Old 01-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello my lovelies!

How's everyone today?

Kissa, are you feeling better today? Have you tried grapefruit seed extract? Tastes horrible, but really works when trying to get rid of a lingering cold...

Blotto: Same for you, try it, you will hate it but love it at the same time! LOL! Well done on the weightloss! That is great! and....

Lola: for you the same prescription, LOL!!!! Hope you are feeling better.

Maryam: how are you? Is hubby better?

Shy: how is the move going? Sending good thoughts!

Jan: How are you? Is your son settled in?

Juno: how are you hun?

Jazmai: How is it going? Do check in and tell us about your progress!

Mint: Long time! All is well?

Ailuros: Check in please, would love to know how you are!!!

Anyone else I was rude enough to forget: Sorry! Do check in and let us know how you are doing!

As for me: all is well today, feeling good and think I've had the worst of this induction flu. Am really motivated and have got BF on board in so far that he has a list of what I can and cannot eat and that when he cooks something he checks first before making something... He does not need to lose weight, so he still has his starches and bread alongside our LC food! I am not tempted in the least, which is good... Haven't had a beer in over a week now That is hard, sometimes it is nice to come home after a long day and drink an ice cold beer. But even just one is fatal in terms of carbs, so no more at all... Anyway, staying away from all alcohol at the moment, as I want to give my induction a really serious go this time, and not sabotage it with my own deviations!

My menu today is:

B: Bulletproof Coffee
L: smoked mackerel, half an avocado, homemade mayo and some rocket
D: grilled steak with herb butter, YUM!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

to blotto. Have a lovely day. Sorry the sore throat has turned into this dreaded lurgie. Plenty of alcohol helps. Especially for your birthday xxxxx

Mimosa. Yep cut out beer and alcohol as you say wastes calories. Blotto allowed today only. Your menus are inspiring. Grapefruit seed is that from health shop ?

Last edited by lola5k; 01-08-2013 at 12:30 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
have a great birthday blotto. lots of booze, will help with the cold as well!!!

got mum out of her old house yesterday tho we dont move the furniture til thurs. not got a moving in date yet!!!!! so shes staying with us

mimosa u are going great but whats bulletproof coffee?

am back to lowcarb. yesterday was 3 lowcab sausages and a plate of stew. hmm not very organised but no surprise there.

hugs to everyone else, sorry not loads of personals can barely concentrate on typing, bloody menopause

x
shykins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shykins View Post
mimosa u are going great but whats bulletproof coffee?
Do a search for it here, you will get a lot of hits! It is basically coffee with added fats like coconut oil, cream and butter. I put it in my aerocino and have something approximating a creamy latte in taste. Great flavour, almost carb free and gets the fats in and keeps you going until the afternoon. When I drink one, I don't get hungry till 1 or 2 pm. And I drink them at 6.30 in the morning!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:35 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: junkfoodmonkey
Stats: 213/193/140
WOE: Atkins - Induction
Start Date: Original Nov 2003 Current 17 Sep 2012
Hello! Happy New Year.

I'm back. Back on the low carb wagon. Back from about ten days away from home over Christmas and New Year. I did gain a bit over the hols, but I've had a horrible cold since Christmas Eve, so had little appetite, which definitely helped keep me from over indulging. At least it kept me from sitting around munching biscuits and chocolate all day anyway.

I'm very committed to losing weight this year. It will help my back for one thing and maybe the sciatica too. At the very least it will get me in better shape, should I decide to go for surgery for my back. (MRI confirms I've got a slightly bulging disk impinging on the nerve. But not giving me enough trouble yet to go for something as drastic as surgery on my back!) I know I can do it. I've done it before. Just a matter of focus and discipline.

My cold is still lingering. Feel all bunged up still, so am on the Sudafed. Keep waking up coughing at night due to dry throat, so am dog tired right now. Back later, I'm at work, so just making a flying visit.

Notes to self
  • You are not a special little snowflake.
  • When you mess up - forgive yourself, learn from it and move on.
junkfoodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi JFM!!!! Nice to see you! Sorry to hear you are struggling with health issues.
Hopefully being back on LC will get you some benefits!
Sending good thoughts and have a good day at work,
xxx C.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Hello - nice to see so many people on here!

First, a big Happy Birthday to Blotto Hope it's a great birthday, despite you being under the weather.

Sorry to everyone fighting colds and health issues.....there's a real flu epidemic around here. Wondering if I should get a flu shot at this late stage?

Well done Blotto and Mimosa on the 6lb plus weight losses:jump joy: I have tried and failed to get back into JUDDD, so am going to try Atkins for a couple of weeks to hopefully shift these extra few pounds......

Have joined a new gym and am enjoying Zumba, NIA and cardio classes (anything that doesn't strain my abs!). Feels good to be active again.

DS seems happy from the very brief call we got on Sunday. He actually said that Bootcamp was fun!! I miss him a lot, but it was time for him to try something new...

Have got my BBC IPlayer to work here - I watched Miranda Hart last night - she's hilarious in her comedy series. Then I watched her in Call the Midwife. Also excellent. Being able to watch British TV is wonderful!!

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Jan x
janj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #48

I am so impressed with Mimosa and Junos' personals that I have to lie down in a darkened room, lol. Ditto to it all.

Jan, there is too much good stuff on TV at present and my ability to record it all is being put to the test! We are going to have to break our unwritten rule and watch during daylight hours to keep up. Did I say we immersed ourselves in all 10 hours of The Killing 3 last week.

2 great nights at the theatre coming up this week. Will Young in Cabaret (pre theatre dinner at the Savoy :0 UD joy) tomorrow, then Maureen Lipman in Old Money on Thursday.

Saw Life of Pi on Sunday, good, but the book, as is almost always the case, was much better. Argo, was good too.

My potato day went well, does one square of 90% dark chocolate count as a potato?

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, I had a lovely day despite being at work and feeling under the weather. Cocktails with the girls seemed to perk me up, haha!

Sorry no personals from me either, but big love to you all and keep up the good work on the eating front!

x
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all!

Doing a quick fly-by; have tons to do at work, but will be lurking of course!

Lost some more weight, am very happy and it is motivating! BF is very supportive, which helps. He was surprised though when I explained to him that it is nut just some short term diet that I'm doing, it's a change in my eating habits and that this is the way it will be for me from now on. As he's never had to lose weight, he finds this hard to grasp, LOL! Nevermind, I'm hoping I can drag him on board at some point too, if only it's to give him health benefits!

My menu:
B: BPC
L: probably tuna in olive oil, avocado, homemade mayo and some rocket
D: ground beef, like a taco salad, just easy on the salad and heavy on the fat

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Belated happy birthday, Blotto!

I've already lost some of the Christmas weight, so that's good. Probably mostly water from eating carbs, so being back on Induction for January should shift that quick enough. Then it's on to the hard work of losing fat.

Menu for today
2 strips of streaky bacon and 2 eggs.
Tuna and cheese and some cherry tomatoes
Stir fried chicken and veggies.

And a Strepsil every couple of hours. LOL (of the sugar free type of course!)

Last edited by junkfoodmonkey; 01-09-2013 at 02:58 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheeeesecake
Stats: 218/174.25/154
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Re-start 18 November 2013
Hi everyone!!
cheeeesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey you! you found us here!
Welcome!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to the board cheescake. Looks like you're getting towards you goal....great stuff.

I'm loving it that this board is so busy...good to see you all back.

Blotto Hope that you had a good birthday and not too much of a hangover

Shy Hope that the move goes OK and that the exchange goes smoothly quickly! Hope that you are being good with your LC possibly difficult with your Mum staying.

JFM great news that you have lost some of the Xmas excess

Jan good to see you back posting and great with your exercise regime. I.ve never tried Zumba but keep threatening...problem is I am not that dancey so not too sure how I would get on with that lol.

Juno Great no gains for you. Haven't ventured out yet to get Grapefruit seed extract hoping I won't have to resort to that one...doesn't sound very nice. Maybe I can just eat grapefruits lol

Kissa Hope that you cold is going. Mine still lingering but today I feel almost human so that's a start. Theatre dates sound fun so you will have to feedback for us. Such an exciting life you lead dashing here there and everywhere...its a wonder that you find time to eat.

Mimosa I am finding it very supportive and insipirational with your menu posting...you seem to be doing so well.

Well as I said I am still plagued with some cold but really really hoping tomorrow to feel OK enough to go to a body pump class...I am beginning to worry that I am using this as an excuse not to go to the gym. However, as Juno said and yep you are right...our bodies tell us. On a DD today...yesterdays UD...seemed a bit over the top but anyway keeping to DD quite well so far.

Hi to anyone else that I have missed.

Last edited by lola5k; 01-09-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Cheeeesecake!

It's nice seeing everyone's menus - very inspiring - keep them coming.

Lola, I too am really struggling with this cold - i seem to take one step forward and two back. I feel horrible today and I'm supposed to be hosting a birthday dinner in Dubai tomorrow night :-(

x
Old 01-10-2013, 01:40 AM   #56

Lola, I really meant to go to the gym today but a combination of cold, late night and finally a problem with the builders redoing our guest bathroom means I haven't made it again...

Hi Cheesecake welcome!

Last night was lovely, I felt truly spoilt, and show was excellent.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
I love this place! Kissa, there can't be that many low-carb boards where someone can sheepishly ask whether dark chocolate counts as potato... and everyone else just giggles!

Welcome to the madhouse, Cheeeesecake!!

So today I thought I was going to be able to avoid the dress rehearsal and slither off instead to a friend's to play with her cats... Nope. Call this morning from the theatre; the woman I am covering has a cold. She will deign to sing (wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that national radio is recording it...) but needs me to stand in for the corrections afterwards... And it's grey and cold and rainy. Hmmph.
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Cheesecake! Welcome to the thread.

I think my cold is finally just about gone. Or rather the cold was gone a few days ago, but the feeling bunged up and dry throat tickly cough is finally going. Last night was the first time for days I slept right through without waking up coughing.

Just concentrating on trying to get back into a routine here, with work and writing and food! Should be back to normal by this weekend. I can't believe it's only a week ago I was on my way home after the hols. Seems like a month.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Juno: How funny with the chocolate and potato I missed that one DUH!! Boo to the woman with the cold! Its quite cold here today but that's good keeps all the colds away hopefully.

JFM: Once you start back on the routine you will be fine. I made it to gym this morning hooray....and did a very light body pump class and now feel my routine has been restored. Just hope forecast of snow doesn't grind the whole country to a standstill as it usually does lol.

Kissa: Hope you make it back to gym soon but like me it.ll be when your body tells you that it is ready.

Blotto: Horrible cold in all that heat poor you and I hope that you can shake it off before tomorrow's party...otherwise you will have to give it away by kissing all the men in sight he he.

I am on an UD today but am trying to keep it sensible as I think I probably over indulge on the wrong things on the UD cos I think that I can. Still got the Xmas kilo to shift.

Hi to everyone else hope you having a good day.

Last edited by lola5k; 01-10-2013 at 06:51 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all!

Sorry for being MIA yesterday. Lots going on at work that I cannot talk about. No time to post!

Anyway, still going strong, am still at the same weight, and I expect to see lesser losses than the last week, LOL! I think that's almost the most I lost in a starting week on LC ever!!!!!!

Anyway, not much to report, nice cold, clear start to the day, so I am hoping to be able to go out for a wander at lunchtime in some crisp sunshine! I need daylight! It feels like we've been living in some sort of twilight for weeks now. Booo to gloomy rainy weather!

Well, that's all for now, not sure if I will post this weekend, it depends on my life outside of LCF! So just in case have a lovely weekend everyone and see you here on Monday!

Here's my menu for today:

B: BPC
L: chicken from stock I made, mixed with crumbled bacon, mayo and avocado on some green leaves; cup of homemade chicken stock with some butter.
D: not sure. Had a lovely spinach and feta omelette yesterday and I may repeat the experience! (secretly hoping BF will bring home grilled chicken from this local place that make the best ever. Would possibly have that with lots of mayo, LOL)

This weekend I am making more chicken stock so I have some that I can freeze in portions so I have the stuff ready to use when the need strikes...