Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Slimmer by Spring - January Edition

Happy New Year!

Time to start a new thread! Lets kick this off right!
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/124/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Happy New Year Slimmers!

It is back on plan for me starting today! I will eat clean 100% and walk/jog on the treadmill 3 times this week. The scale is at 141 this morning.

We had a great NYE party last night with DH's family. All the mexican food turned out great.

Beth: so glad your nasty neighbors are gone!

Charlene: how was your party?

Diane: your granddaughter is adorable!
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! Happy New Year!! I am back on track 100% as well! I even woke up early enough to get in a workout before all the guests woke up. I did an interval workout on the treadmill and did step ups, chest press and situps in between. Got a good sweat on. We are cooking a big meal today but will stick to plan and have only the ham, green beans and cabbage. I had some full fat greek yogurt for breakfast.

Our party was fun - games and snoozing before midnight. We are such party animals. LOL I actually didn't think I'd make it to the New Year. I was so tired! Lots of good food and most was legal but way too much. I made this buffalo chicken dip off pinterest that was awesome. My friend made some bacon wrapped chicken and grilled it. And this jalapeno cheese ball. Yum! But time to quit focusing on food except to focus on good stuff going into my body.

Let's do this thing!!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Yep! Back on track today.. I figure, I have no dinner thing planned or any "survivor" parties to go to, so why wait another day? I haven't weighed yet this morning.. I"m still hanging out in bed! Hold on... Ill go weigh now and see the bad news. I know it will be in the (gulp) 90"s still.......... well, not as bad as I thought it would be after last night, but still really bad! I am starting off the year at 193 I have hung out around 192.4 this week, so New Years Eve didn't make me gain much and I'm surprised. Still 193 is nothing to be proud of! If it were 183 I would be ok with that, its close enough to the 70"s. Well, I've got my work cut out for me! I'm sure a lot of it will come off pretty fast as long as I stay focused. I am armed with food I can eat, Powerade Zero's, and ice for drinking plenty of water! I need to buy more vitamins because I need to start taking those again as well.

Last night was pretty fun! I NEVER go out on New Years.. too scary! I mean, I will go out to dinner and a movie or something, but I'm always home well before midnight and the drunk drivers. Anyway, I went to a friends house from my painting class, and it was just four of us. We played a couple games (Pass the Popcorn and Fact or Crap). I knew it was my last hurrah, so I didn't worry about how much or what I ate.. I concentrated on not drinking too much so I could drive home! I had a glass of wine when I got there about 7:30, a little later I tried some vodka (mixed with Sprite) that tastes like Lemonheads! It was pretty good! I could feel that stuff starting to hit me, so I didn't finish it. Then at midnight I had some champagne. I ate pizza, a few wings, pumpkin roll, and some crackers with cheese dip, but I didn't feel like it was toooo much! We ended up telling ghost stories near the end and I decided to brave the roads around 1:30am. Was glad to see my boys were home safe and sound when I got back.

My gym is open today, but no classes, so I might go do an eliptical machine and maybe some weight machines, then sit in the sauna for a while. I haven't decided yet. Tomorrow is pilates, no cardio, so I SHOULD go do SOMEthing today! (or maybe I should just recover and get things done around the house since it's my last day off)

Beth: So happy they are GONE! I thought it was so funny that you posted a picture of the parking lot! I'm with Charlene, what a great way to start the new year!

Rachel: Thanks! She is pretty adorable! Usually she cries when she has to go back to her mom, but that night she woke up at midnight crying to go home to mommy's house. I was SO tired I think I babbled some sort of Three Little Pigs and Three Bears stories until she went back to sleep Ok, our scales are up and being really mean.. let's show em who's boss!!!

Charlene: Good for you getting up today and working out! I was up way too late (I never stay up til 2 unless I just can't sleep) so I knew I had to sleep in. ..... What games did you play? I love games, but not many people seem to play them anymore, so I'm glad my friend likes them, it was fun!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

For some reason I thought today was Wednesday, so I am happy tomorrow IS a step class.. good! I can get some cardio!

11:30 and I have yet to get up and get moving. I think I'm going to go to the store and get stuff to make Tuna Cheddar Veggie pot pies.. I love those things! So easy and convenient. I don't know if any of you have ever made them, but you make them in the little tins like the little pot pies you get in the freezer section. I keep em in the freezer and when I want one I just pop it in the microwave. Maybe I'll double it! I just want to be sure I have some good options I can grab and go. Oh! I forgot I have a rotisserie turkey breast in the fridge! Yum!
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year everyone!

I start tomorrow back on plan. I'm really tired today, not getting home until 1:30 after packing up after the gig. It was so wonderful to wake up today to the beautiful peaceful surroundings. I live in a valley that seems more like a park, backing up to open space. Tribes of Miwok indians lived in the valley (there is even a burial mound when you come into the valley). I've always believed it to be a sacred space with powerful spirit and the nasty neighbors didn't respect it and desacrated it. We did our own cleansing after they left and I things feel back in balance. Last evening dh and I just sat on the bed and stared out the window at the hill and parking area, drinking in how beautiful it was. When we came home from the gig last night it was quiet peaceful and still smelled wonderful from the essential oils that we used to cleanse it.

Diane--my gym is closed today so I won't be going until tomorrow. I feel like I'm coming down with something (all of the singers have something), so I'm going to rest, take good herbs and recover from the holidays before starting the New Year.

Charlene--if it wasn't for the fact that dh has been playing a gig for the last 3 years we would be at home and asleep at 10. The gig is only 2 exits away from our house so its not far and a quick trip home. Good for you for already working out today.

Rachel--Let's do it!

Have a great day everyone!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #7

Evening slimmers!

I have survived day 1 back on plan. i eve managed to get in 64 oz of water so far. I am going to walk for 15-20 minutes tonight. I know thats not much cardio but clean eating AND starting my period plus huge cardio workout will equal disaster for me today.

I continue to fight a cold. Not sure if its same thing my kids had or not because i have yet to run a fever. I am hoping tomorrow is better!

Beth: i know we can do this!!

Diane: sounds like you and ready to be on plan! wtg! I need to get to the store and stock up!

Charlene: did your company leave yet?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Rachel for getting through the first day. Don't overdo it with the exercise if you're fighting something. A little bit, keeping your heartrate down will help your immune system fight, but overdoing will stress it and cause you to get sick.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quickie post.. can't be late for step class.. I'm SURE there will be a lot of newbies at the gym and I want to be sure to get my spot! I was really good yesterday, but the scale was the SAME! UGH! Then I realized that yesterday i weighed REALLY late morning, and today it was at 7:30. I do FEEL smaller, so I guess Ill see what it says tomorrow. Ill check back later....
Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #10

Good morning slimmers!

I am doing the happy dance this morning! I am down 2 lbs! That is just what i needed to see on the scale this morning. I am very surprised to see that because TOM decided to show up.

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary!

I woke up with a full blown cold this morning. i am glad i have nothing to do until this evening. Hopefully some rest will help me feel better.

Diane: enjoy step class!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Well, my day started off good and by the end I ate too much again. Lots of legal food, but too much of it! ugh! Because I'm a glutton for punishment, we invited some more guests over after the other ones left and hung out until midnight with them playing games as well. Balderdash was the favorite and then we played a new game called ImagineIff. All was going well until....a combination of things I guess....my friend was drinking margaritas and had a little too much and my dd12 was being sarcastic with them (we do a lot of sarcasm - she just doesn't have filter for when to stop)...anyway, my friends just up and left "before they said something".....Dh and I took dd12 into her room and had a good talk with her about how she came across as a spoiled teen with a smart mouth and she has to learn people's body language and make eye contact to know when enough is enough. She cried and was devastated they left because of her. I told her to message my friend and say whatever she felt she needed to say based on the events that happened....here's what she wrote:

Sorry for the way i acted. It was very immature. Sometimes i take jokes a little too far. I dont know why i was in such a bad mood today but my attitude was unacceptable. I probably need an attitude check.
Ive embarrassed myself as well as my parents.
Once again, Sorry.
(Now I just need her to work on her punctuation skills. LOL)
My friend wrote her back and thanked her and told her whether she liked it or not, she was like a second daughter to them.

Beth - I am so happy for you and your new peaceful domain! I bet the owners are happy they are gone too. Any idea how bad the inside was? I can only imagine as a home owner myself who rents out, that I would dread going in after them. LOVED the parking lots pictures and the "cleaning" you gave it.

Diane - Ok, here we go! We are going down down down ....well, the scale numbers that is. I'm debating whether to join the gym close by. I have been doing well in my little makeshift gym and it's not costing me anything, but there's so much more to have access to in a gym. The pot pies sound good and I have carbquik on hand! I may make me some potpies. Where do you buy the little tins?

Rachel - YAY!!!! Already down two pounds and got that good water in! Doesn't it feel great!? HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too!!! Hope your cold passes quickly and your household can get back to some normalcy!
Have a good day! Just finished my coffee and headed to fill my water bottle.

Last edited by sports_mom; 01-02-2013 at 07:55 AM..
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #12

I am finally up and moving. Kids are all still being lazy. I told the kids they could be lazy all morning and afternoon today since its back to the grind tomorrow. Tonight DS has show choir dress rehersal. I am helping with that too.

My goals for today:
*drink 96 oz of water
*walk on treadmill 30 minutes

Charlene: it does feel so great to be back on plan! I have had my coffee too and am starting on my water. Water is ahuge key for me to be successful.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Slimmers!

Getting a slow start today. Its back on plan today. I took all of the leftover cookies and put them in the freezer. Working on my first big glass of water, already had my tea. Need to eat something and then get going. Will be going to the gym later today. I feel like I'm coming down with something so I may only do light cardio today. I'll see how I feel later. It is really cold here, but sunny and we are supposed to stay sunny for another week.

Rachel--well done on being down already! And for the workout. Just be sure to take care of yourself so you get better soon. And Happy Anniversary!

Charlene--that was some mighty fine parenting you did there. Have you decided whether you are going to join a gym or not. I love our gym but to be honest I only a small portion of it because of the type of routines that my trainer has me do. I don't use the elipitcals or treadmills because my knees can't take it. I don't do classes because I just don't think I am ready for it. And I don't use any of the weight machines except for the universal cable total gym machine. But I do use the bike, rower, free weights and stability ball, medicine ball. I like going there, putting on my ipod and just being out of the house doing the work. I've never been good at working out at home even when I had the stuff to do it with. And its good to be around other people that are also working out. Are you back at work yet or do you have the rest of the week off.

Diane--how you doing today? I too expect that the gym will be more crowded for the next three months. I'll try to go in the early afternoons so it doesn't impact me too much.

On to the day. I'm getting used to being lazy in the morning, what am I going to do when I have to go back to work?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Posting from an iPad at work. I want one of these! I'm doing really good today so far and I have NO desire to eat anything bad. I did end up making a double recipe of those tuna pies.. Yum! I want to try them with chicken some day.

Step class was good today except I had to take a short break again because I got a bit lightheaded and queasy again... Embarrassing! Lol! I walked away from the class and was sitting a ways away and the instructor in the middle of class with the mic said are you alright out there? I explained that it just happens sometimes and I've been to the doc and check out ok, but it may be either due to overheating a little or possibly my terrible reflux. I hope it's not a pre-menopause thing but that's would make sense too! I do feel kind of blah today.

Getting my hair cut and colored Saturday and I can't wait! I figure I can't look like a ragamuffin when I start going to interviews again... want to feel like I look decent! I think I'm going to go a little shorter than usual, but not that much.

Charlene: I get the tins at the regular grocery store. They are usually in the area where you would get the big disposable aluminum roasting pans and cake pans. They used to come in sets of 8, but the ones they have now are slightly bigger, have lids, and there are only 6. .... I'm not good about working out at home either, so I'm really impressed that you do so well with it! ..... You handled the situation with your dd very well and she wrote a very nice apology!

Beth: the gym really wasn't bad! There was the usual amt of parking and the class was the usual people. I'm thinking the newbies were upstairs on the machines! Maybe they haven't swarmed the place yet.

Rachel: I still need to work on the water. I do well at about 80oz. I'm doing really good with the food but I have to admit I am not totally giving up my mocha light frappuccinos!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

I made chicken pot pie and I had these little tins from a long time ago when I made pumpkin bread, so they worked out perfectly!

I'm going to freeze them and have some individual pies to take to work or have at home whenever. I also bought several Atkins frozen meals today for lunches and emergencies.

Beth - I'm just not sure about joining. I loved my gym when we lived in Anna. Went all the time. I've just gotten so used to not spending that money, but I sure may do it soon. I loved most of everything they have to offer.

Rachel - glad you are back on track. Sounds like you've got a great plan.

Diane - Can't wait to try these pot pies. Hope you get to making through your workouts without getting sick.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Good Evening all!

I seem to have made it through most of the day on plan. I am a little hungry so will see what I can find in the kitchen that is legal to eat--maybe a salad. I went to the gym with dh but I only did my weight workout. My muscles were starved for gluclose and I was really shaky. I'm already into a ketosis a trace. I guess the weight workout, in which I felt weak, used up a lot of what was stored in my muscles. Hopefully I will move into the fat burning, not hungry phase quickly. I haven't weighed yet. I just don't want to know but I know it isn't good at all!

Diane--I love my ipad, but I'm not a big fan of typing too much on it-I have to go too slow. The gym was empty when dh and I went this afternoon. I'll be glad to get past this shaky, about to fall over feeling. I couldn't do cardio today if my life depended upon it I was so out of it. I'm working on water too. I have a big 20 oz plastic cup with straw (like they have at SBX). I try to suck one of those things down first thing in the morning. I also try to do that at lunch, dinner and in the evening. I'm finding it helpful to also get one down before a workout too.

Charlene--those pot pies look good! I'm going to have to do some cooking/prepping to help me stay on plan. Some good soups, or maybe some chili sounds good. And some flaxseed muffins for breakfast are really good too.

Rachel--loved your wedding pictures. Your dd looks a lot like you. 20 years is quite an acomplishment. What are you doing to celebrate?

See ya manana.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm devastated. I guess when I was only up 2 pounds at the doctor a couple weeks ago, I thought I could sneak a few things here and there and still do well. I was 203 this morning. That's the most gain I've had since October 2011! I've only ever been up a pound or two until recently - when I was up 5. But now it's 8 and I'm scared I won't reel this thing back in. I never thought I'd see the 200's again. I can tell I am retaining water too - because my wrists are swollen, but come on! I don't care what it is - it's the awful feeling of seeing that number again. I just want to cry. I actually did pretty well yesterday until late night and then the girls wanted s'mores and I ate some of the marshmallows.

Drinking my coffee, have my water bottle filled and am hitting the treadmill. I am going to attend the funeral of one of my high school friends - she died of cancer this week. She was my sister's really good friend. I hate that disease.

Have a great day. I'm going to ....starting NOW.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #18

Good morning slimmers!

Just a super quick post for i head out the door to take the kids to school. I am so excited to announce I am down 5 lbs this morning! I had to get on the scale 3 times just to make sure it was right. i am so excited! Hoping that # doesnt bounce up though. I know its water weight but i will take it.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #19

I am back!

Charlene: Hang in there! Jump right back on the wagon. You can do this! Cancer does suck! So sorry to hear about your hs friend.

Beth: i celebrated my anniversary last night by spending 5 hours at the school helping with DS's show choir dress reheaseral. All 5 of us are going out for supper tomorrow night.

Diane: i am needing a haircut but i want something different. Not sure what yet though.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I got in a good sweat-ful (I know it's not a word, but it sounds good) workout. I did a circuit weight workout and then jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I had coffee this morning and just finished my shake and am finishing up my first 24 oz. of water. I'm going to fill this baby up every time it's empty. I'm going to carry one of my Atkin's meals out of town and have it at my sister's before the funeral. Wow, it sure makes you think - it took over a year to get where I'm at and in a matter of weeks, I can screw it up. That shows right there, I have to make this a lifestyle because I so easily got back to old habits. I've got to make myself strict again - where I wouldn't "have just one".....

Rachel - yay for you! That's awesome!! 5 pounds already! Shows your body was craving the good stuff again.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #21

Charlene: WTG on your workout! Good job planning ahead for lunch too. In order for me to stay on plan I have to do that. I am already getting nervous about show choir competitions and my eating. I will have to pack my food/snacks or i will never stay on plan.

I am off to watch my nephews. I will check in this evening.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Its really cold here, with a lot of black ice. DH called after he left and told me to be careful. Once it warms up a little it will be fine. I'm planning to go to the gym to do cardio today. I'm working on my first jug of water and my tea and will then have a nice frittata for breakfast. I gotta tell you, this new year just feels like a lot of clearing and cleansing and shifting is going on. When I look out my window you know what I see? NOTHING!

Charlene--I know how disappointed you feel. I can't even get on the scale because I know I gained a lot. But because I've been working out it doesn't show so much. But keep doing what you're doing and get back at it. It will be OK, its a bump in the road, a reminder. You've done great, you'll continue to do great, and we'll be here to support you. Sorry to hear that you have a funeral to go to. There has been too many spirits leaving lately and I hate that disease too. It took my father, step mother, an aunt, a cousin and one close friend. I have a cousin battling it now.

Rachel--wtg on losing 5 pounds so quickly. Always happy to get rid of weight, be it water or fat. Where are you going for dinner tonight? When does your dd head back to school. My bff's niece went to Eureka and she is a preschool teacher in Bloomington.

Diane--how's it going today? How are you feeling since you got new workout shoes? I was just reading that if you exercise 4 or more times a week you should replace your shoes every 4 months or so. I've had mine for close to a year and a half (although i don't do weight bearing exercise, just bike and weights) and need to replace them, they are getting sloppy and I'm moving around in them too much I'll be getting a new pair for my birthday the end of the month.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I did pretty good as far as eating yesterday EXCEPT that I guess I ate too much. I only lost about a half a lb. Boo! I did NOT get in enough water though. I plan to eat better, less, and drink MORE water today, and hope for a whoosh tomorrow. I'm drinking a 32oz bottle of Powerade Zero, then refilling it with ice water at least twice! I realized that TOM is due to visit within the next few days, so that could be slowing me down too. Man oh man he seems to visit practically as soon as he leaves! (that is a very fast 3 weeks). Today for lunch I ate a BIG bowl of broccoli that was leftover from the tuna pies, and I melted some Laughing Cow cheese in it. Yum!

Beth: I am LOVING my shoes. I haven't worn the pink Asics to class yet, but I wore my blue New Balance shoes yesterday and they were great.. so light too! My black/gray/purple Asics have more cushion in them (lovin the gel!) and I wore them to work today. I do not notice my knees hurting so much during class, but if I'm going up stairs or something they are sore. Hopefully getting out of those old dead shoes (that I probably had for 2 or 3 years!) will help soon. ==== I hate black ice! The only accident I was ever in was due to black ice.

Rachel: Woo hoo! Water or not, I know that feels great! Really great start!!! Keep it up! === I sometimes think I want a new hairstyle, but I think Ill just do more layers, and cut 2 or 3 inches of dry ends off. TWO MORE DAYS!

Charlene: Those pies look gooood! I freeze the tuna pies as well.. leave them in the tins and they fit right into a sandwhich bag. I like to add a little Franks hot sauce for a little extra zip. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! I never thought I would EVER see the 80s again, let alone the 90S!!! At my highest of 193, all I could think of was that it was ONLY 7 lbs away from 200. Very very scary! Not to mention that 193 is where the obese category starts for my height! Hey, what all is in those pies you made? Mine have tuna, broccoli, red bell pepper, cheese, heavy cream and eggs basically.

Last edited by Annie64; 01-03-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: iamno1
Stats: 340/326/240
WOE: hybrid Atkins Bauer
Start Date: 01/02/2013
New and Blue

God . . . . where did all the pounds come from? Could it have been the complete lack of discipline around eating? The years of sedentary life style and poor nutritional choices? Maybe it was insane passion on sampling every beer brewed in the world? Or maybe it was all of the above. My name is Tom and I currently have weighed in at 340 pounds about 130 pounds over my ideal weight. I started low carb eating yesterday and have more of a passion for losing weight than continuing my insane lifestyle. Saw this message board and thought I would start venting thoughts now and again hoping for support when I need it and ideas on how to achieve my goals. My first goal is to get out of the 300 pound club, it sucks (excuse my language). I'm planning a trip to Jamaica in June and want to fit in some of my not too old clothes as I start on this difficult and much needed journey to unfatness. Cheers!
iamno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm doing GREAT so far today! SO much better than yesterday! The way thing are going I'm betting I see a whoosh tomorrow.. I hope!

Tom: to the group! We are small but consistant! This group has been here for over 10 years! Just keep posting even if you slip up.. we all do sometimes.. and just make this healthier eating a way of life and you will succeed! Good luck, and I hope you keep posting!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon All!

I made it to the gym for a cardio workout--30 mintes on the bike and 24 minutes on the rower! Much better today than yesterday and I am into ketosis already! YEAH!

Diane--keep it up, I hope you see a whoosh tomorrow too!

Tom-- We are happy to have you, please stick around, we are a great group. You sound very similar to my dh, whose name also happens to be Tom. I look forward to learning more about you.

Have a good one all!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #27

Afternoon Slimmers!

I started feeling like i have been ran over by a mac truck this afternoon. Eeeeks I feel awful. Not sure if its just a cold virus or combination of that plus induction flu. Only plus side is that I have zero appitite.

Tom:

Beth: good job at the gym!

Diane: good job today!

Charlene: hi!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Wasn't a big whoosh like I hoped (Im blaming TOMs any minute visit, lol), but I was down almost 2 lbs this morning. It's something! Feels great to be back on track! Getting ready for step class - I'll check in again later.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

GOOD MORNING!!!! 199.8!!!! I WILL TAKE IT! Dang holidays! I was prefect yesterday! Worked out, ate legal. I even had food (pizza and brownies) on lips for "just a taste" when I was shocked into "Girl, that's what got you here - put that junk down!" and I put them down. Holy cow how easy it is to forget...even after having made as much progress as I have and having spent over a year. Took my Atkin's frozen meal to my sister's and had before the funeral and had a bag of almonds for the road trip. Plus I drank a lot of water. Got home and the girls and I decided to make our Christmas tree a "Holiday tree" so we started decorating in Valentine's. We will see how long this lasts. It's kind of cute. Today is my anniversary.... 27 years!

TOM!! Hope you stick around. You will like venting, talking, getting ideas....except we women may need to change the name of our monthly friend... I'm a beer drinker myself and one of the ways I deal with that is the ultras (Michelob is my fave and if I'm in for the long run, Select 55.) I don't do that often - mainly in the summer at the lake. But I do have a feeling what put me back over the t...t...t...two hundred mark (ack, that's hard to say)....was some new year's cocktails.

Rachel - sorry you got the full blown whatever it is and hope it goes away quickly!

Diane - good for you for sticking to plan. My pies had cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and celery. I made the gravy and topping with Carbquik. Glad you like your shoes. I love my Saucony and may have to get a new pair soon as well. Franks hot sauce!!! Have you tried Frank's Hot Wing sauce?? Oh my! I made this heavenly Buffalo Chicken dip with it and people liked it so much, I made a second batch - I could make a meal out of it!
2 cans 12.5 Ounces Each, White Chunk Premium Chicken
8 ounces, weight Cubed Cream Cheese
½ cups Franks Hot WING Sauce (I found mine at Family Dollar)(I actually found a 5 oz. bottle and just used the whole thing - it's small and the taste was not that overpowering for one more oz. I actually measured it and it didn't go far over the 4 oz. mark.)
½ cups Mozzarella (shredded)
¼ cups Plain Greek Yogurt
¼ cups Ranch Dressing
Heat on stove until all the cheese is melted and gooey. Transfer to a mini crockpot for serving.

Beth - I go back to work on Monday. It's been a very nice break. Be careful out there in the weather. Supposedly parts of our state got more snow and ice. It's just rainy here. Good for you for your workout.

I'm hitting the little gym - maybe some more circuit work and treadmill. Then we have bb practice and a bb game tonight.

Last edited by sports_mom; 01-04-2013 at 06:57 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #30

Good morning slimmers!

Scale was still at 136 this morning. I kind of expected another loss since i hardly ate yesterday. O well. Today is day 4 back on plan.

Dd18 and i are going shopping today. She goes back to college next weekend.

Beth: so cool that you BFFs neice went to Eureka too. Did she major is elementary ed?

Diane: congrats on being down 2 lbs!

Charlene: congrats on your loss too!