Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good Afternoon All!

Having a slow start. I am really tired today. I did a lot yesterday still getting over this bug. I made it to three grocery stores yesterday. And I . have to run out today to get the 3 things I missed. Today I am making spaghetti squash, spinach and ricotta casserole. The gig was great last night! The place was sold out. I couldn't get to the back of the place to check the sound. The crowd had a great time. They booked the band there again for next week and again in March. We were home by 11:30. And of course we can't get right to sleep. It takes a while to calm down. I'm not doing much today. Gonna rest--I want to get better. I'm in the 11th day of this thing and while I feel better, my stamina is next to nothing.

Charlene--how was the 5k? What town did you take the girls to? They grow up fast--before you know it they be in college.

Diane--how's it going?

Rachel--How was the trip to visit DD?

Tom?

Have a good one!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! I did well in my 5K, although when I finished, it was not a true 5K - it was only 2.5 miles! Apparently - and only a handful of people got it right - but there was a point where we were supposed to do a figure 8 through some buildings (two times), but almost everyone just did one figure 8. Every single person I talked to only did one.. Anyway, I was on track to run my fastest time yet! So I was pleased with that. I'm sore today.

I took the kids to Southlake, Texas to a place called Urban Air - just a huge room of trampolines and padding. They were sweating profusely 30 minutes into it. Then we ate pizza and showed their friends about geocaching. My girls found all the ones hidden and the newbies were a little disappointed they didn't find one. I will have to have a geocaching only trip sometime. Got home about midnight. Lots of fog last night made the trip home a little scary.

Beth - glad the gig was a success! And so happy you are getting out and about. I love love love spaghetti squash! One of my favorite dishes. I hope this next week you can get back to your routine.

Rachel - how was the dinner? I bet you were on cloud nine.

Diane - how are you doing today? Having a good weekend?

Laundry, cleaning, church and cooking for the youth tonight, plus I have to help dd12 work on a science project. Still reading my book in between.

Have a GREAT day!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good Morning Slimmers!

I am so sorry that I haven't posted lately. I am struggling so much! I just can't seem to pick myself up. This semester might be even harder. DD18 is so active on campus that she won't be coming home even once a month. It is also looking like she will be heading to Washington for spring break for a mission trip with Disciples on Campus. Plus with DS15's show choir schedule it will be nearly impossible for me to get up there to see her.

Weight is at 137 this morning. I am so mad at myself for not staying on plan. I WILL get back on the treadmill today. DD18 and I are going to do the Color Run in St Louis on April 27th. I will be in shape for that. I've got 3 months to get myself back in shape.

Charlene & Beth: Dinner last night was fabulous!!! Eating as a family 5 is worth a million bucks to me! Between DH's crazy work schedule and DD18 being away at college we hardly ever get to eat all together. We had alot of great conversation! After supper we went back to DD18's dorm room so DH could fix her printer.

DS has show choir practice today. I think DD14 and I will go hang out at my parents.

diane: How are classes going?
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all, err good afternoon,

I'm at that place where I'm really getting anxious. I've not worked out for almost two weeks so I've not been able to discharge any anxiety that way. Still don't feel quite up to snuff, but I'm guessing that since the anxiety is coming back, it may be time to. I'll do a cardio workout tomorrow (my gym is closed this afternoon). It could also be that with my birthday coming up this week, I have some grief issues surfacing too-first birthday without my mom. That’s a big deal. I’m starting a grief support group this week. I attended one 14 years ago when my dad died and I found it to be very helpful. And I’m getting anxious about finding a job. There are a lot of people like me in my profession who have lost their job. I’m almost ready to go back to work. I haven’t had this much time off without a job since I was in college. And truth be told, I’m really grateful that I had the time off. It gave me time to be with my mom in her last two months and has given me the time and space to grieve her loss and settle her estate (which is essentially done). I’m actually considering starting my own practice. Just don’t know if that’s what I want to do or not. Anyway, I will be fully back on plan on Thursday and hopefully this virus is on its very last legs now. The Diva in the band came to the gig on Friday with a 102 fever. I applaud him for showing up. His voice wasn’t quite the same but that bluesy raspy thing worked for him.

Charlene—WTG on finishing the race. Even if it was a little short it was awesome that you did it! Give yourself some time to rest today.

Rachel—so glad you were able to have a family dinner. Those things are precious to the heart. You’re now having to create a new normal since DD is off to college. There will be lots of these adjustments ahead (we all have them). Just keep on trying to do what you can for yourself. It may not be perfect , but this about progress, not perfection.

Diane—how goes it? Are you well? How’s the painting? I’m going to go see if the art class at the community college still has openings. I need to do something to get out of the house.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Insomnia sucks. Here I sit at 1:42 a.m. Scale was back down to 196.4 so since the last time I weighed, it's down 1.4 (which means it probably went way up and then back down because I was not so good there for a while). But I sure feel lighter. Only 4 pounds away from my lowest and I have another race to train for so that should keep me motivated.

Rachel - how awesome about the dinner. I imagine that is a rare and precious occasion to get your whole family together. I really miss my ds now that he's married, but we do talk a lot. But, after so many weeks, my heart just needs to see him. Last night I talked to my girls about planning a geocaching trip out his way so I could sneak in a visit there as well.

Beth - take it easy on your first day back at the gym. Release those pent up toxins and anxiety and maybe you will feel tons better. Hopefully soon you and Diane both will get some job news.

Diane - how was your weekend?

I'm going to read and see if it will make me sleepy.

Have a GREAT day!
sports_mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #126

Good Morning Slimmers!

Scale is way back up to 139 this morning. It is back on plan and exercise starting today. My goal is to be super ready for the 5K on April 27.

charlene: I hate insomnia too. I had it the night before last. Geocaching is lots of fun! We started doing it last year with DH's sister and her family.

beth: Yes, a new different! I have to keep telling myself DD18 is only 2 hours away. Some moms aren't so lucky.

diane: Hi girl!!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Boy oh boy.. I do good, I do horrible.. I actually did pretty good yesterday, and today is going well, but maybe partly because I am not feeling that great. Silly me, I made chili Saturday, and of course I had to have some. I didn't eat as much as I normally would though, but the scale still jumped up to 197!!!! Holy sheep shinola!!! Back down to 195 today thank goodness. I MUST GET OUT OF THE 90s!!!! I drank a lot more water yesterday and hope to keep that up.. its so hard in the winter to drink enough water!

Well, yesterday I shut down. I literally stayed in bed all day. Didn't even go to the gym... ya know its getting bad when I start skipping the gym! I watched tv... I took a nap... I watched more tv. I took a shower finally about 4:30.. watched more tv... my DS22 asked me to drive him to the store real quick about 8pm.. so I DID get up to do that, and stopped by to see DD18 at her work for a few mins. Sometimes I guess I just need a day like that. I guess Ive been feeling pretty down lately.. the whole scariness of having to find a good enough paying job, the prospect of having to move in about 4 months (and where are the boys going to live?), and of the old usual thing.. YES, he is still on my mind. No, we never had coffee, and yes, he still texts me now and then. I wish I could take a pill and forget him.. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I hate to admit it, but it hurts just as much as it did a year ago. Wow.

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit better today. I DID NOT get any work done on my painting.. its due on Wednesday. Ugh. Hopefully I work on it tonight. I sent my resume to a job at a tree service company that isn't too far and is full time. The job just posted today I think, so hopefully I hear from them. I also bit the bullet and emailed someone about a part time nanny job... its part time, but they pay $25 an hour! Depending on the location and how many hours it ends up being.. its a maybe. Heck, Ive got enough experience and excellent refs.

Rachel: Come on we can do this!!! Its so hard, I know, when we are going through hard times. I've still hardly seen my DD since she turned 18. So much stress, and I try to ignore it, but like this weekend, it knocked me on my booty.

Charlene: Sorry you had insomnia.. I haven't had that problem in a while.. the only time I have trouble getting to sleep these days is if I get a migraine and take Excedrine at night.. I guess the caffeine keeps me awake. Heck, back when I drank reg. Coke's all the time, it wasn't an issue. I could drink a Coke AT bedtime and it wouldnt bother me! Have you ever tried camomile tea?

Beth: The support group is a good idea.. I hope it helps! The art class will be good therapy as well. I don't think about anything when I'm painting, but my problem these days is having the desire to paint. I just stare at the canvas from my bed and just have no interest! It may be because its a still life lol.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Scale slowly but surely going down....194.8 today. Loving this. Have that "feeling" again like I can do it. Whew. Didn't think I was going to get over that hump of the holidays, but alas, I have! I was really afraid in my struggles, I could not turn this thing around. Got in a treadmill and arm workout this morning already.

Basketball game tonight. My dd14 got called into the coach's office yesterday to be told she would be moved up and be on the traveling team with the varsity while they go to the playoffs. She's one excited girl. One proud mama!

Rachel - There is a color run here too on April 6 so I may check into it. A lot of women and their girls from the town over are going. So far, I have nothing on my calendar, so I may check it out.

Diane - it is so hard to turn this train wreck of the increasing scale numbers around when that thing is headed in the wrong direction, isn't it? You've done it before and I have no doubt you'll do it again. Hope you get that art done in time not to stress! I hadn't seen you mention "him" in a while and I wondered how you were feeling about that lately. And, ya know, sometimes we just need those stay in the bed days.

Beth - Did you make it to the gym? If so, hope you were able to relieve some pent up anxiety and get your body moving again. And since you didn't check in yesterday, it could be you went to the gym and it did you in! Hope not though!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #129

Morning slimmers!

Scale is at 139 this morning. i am very upset seeing that number. I got on the treadmill last night and did a 30 minute workout.

Be back later for personals. Gotta head out the door.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Scaling is inching back down some.. yesterday 195, today 193.6. I was pretty good yesterday, but ate a bit more than planned. I am craving junk less, but darn it if I didn't have a homemade peanut butter cookie at work yesterday! She makes em big too!

Speaking of cookies, I had a "cookie dream" last night The old guy from Babe had a huge house, and I was going there to find evidence that he killed his wife (I guess she was a friend of mine). I remember he had a HUGE painting of a dog that looked like a rock star - it was actually pretty neat LOL.. anyway, he left the house for a while and I was looking around.. then I saw a plate of cookies.. they were MY cookies that I made at Christmas, and they were still fresh! I was thinking, wow, those are like a month old! How did he keep them fresh that long? I think I ate 2 or 3 in the dream. Yikes, I'm such a cookie monster I dream about them now!

I haven't been to the gym since Saturday (took Sunday and Monday off, partly to rest my knees, and partly because I didnt feel that great), and today is my no gym day anyway. Looking forward to step class tomorrow though.

Still haven't touched that painting! There is just no way I can get it done in time. I have NEVER missed an art class, but I'm thinking I just might not go tomorrow night. I don't think I can bring myself to go with a pretty much blank canvas! Down side is, I wont hear about the next project. Ugh.. maybe I should just go anyway.

What ever happened to adult children NOT swearing in front of their mom out of respect? Holy cow! When DS22 is playing certain games it sounds like a room full of sailors!

Charlene: Yeah, I purposely try not to mention him to ANY of my friends or family anymore. There really isn't anything that hasn't been said. (plus I sense them rolling their eyes on the inside) I dont understand why last month he video chats me and says he wants to get coffee, and then it never happens. At this point I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I really think he is a guy that just doesn't know what he wants. He can't really let me go, but he won't see me either. I'm not stupid.. I know if he wanted to be with me he would... but I don't know how to make the hurt go away or to stop thinking about him. That's why I mentioned Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.. did you ever see that movie? It was about erasing all memory of a relationship (Jim Carrey and Zoey Dechanel). I guess I wouldn't really want the memories gone, just this awful feeling! I do know that I have to deal with it in my own time, but jeez!

Rachel: Evil scale! I don't know why he is being so mean to us lately! It STILL baffles me how EASY and FAST these pounds pack on, and how gawd-awful slow and ridiculously difficult it is to get em back off. NOT FAIR!!! I know exactly how you feel about seeing that number.. it's how I felt when I got back in the 80s.. and when I hit the 90s? OMG.. but it's my own doing, and only I can UN-do it. Good for you getting on the treadmill though.. it's progress!

Beth: How are you feeling today? Did you get to the gym?

Last edited by Annie64; 01-29-2013 at 06:57 AM..
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Yes I did make it to the gym yesterday and rowed for 30 minutes. At least with rowing I was getting more of a full body workout (upper body, abs, legs). That was about all I could handle. And I went to the first grief support group last night. Between the two I was exhausted last night and slept like a stone. Still really tired today. I may go back to the gym to ride the bike for 30 minutes. I know that I'm not ready to lift yet. Definitely on the downside of this cold now.

Charlene--I hate insomnia too. And I've been having a lot of it in the last year. It used to never be an issue for me. WTG on that scale moving in the right direction and for feeling more in charge. I hate it when those things happen. Congrats to your DD for being moved up. Awesome for her.

Diane--yes there are days when I just want to stay in bed. We need the down time. Sorry to hear that you are still struggling with thoughts about him and that its sapping your energy. I wish I had a magic pill to make it go away for your. Dreaming about cookies, huh? I had a strange dream last night too--that I had moved to Australia and dh and the dog were back here and it felt weird to have a 1/2 day time difference. And I was missing dh and the dog a lot. Don't know why I've had that dream. I've had several dreams where I moved back to Chicago and I hated it. I'm guessing for me, I'm dreaming about separation.

Rachel--that scale is EVIL I say. Good for you for getting on the treadmill! Every effort will be worth even if the scale is fickle.

OK--must decide what I am going to do today. Have a good one.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #132

Evening slimmers!

I am feeling better mentally today. I figured out why the scale is up so much. My visitor decided to show up early. Hoping to see a loss next week.

Being back on the treadmill felt great last night. I will get another 30 minutes in tonight. Dd18 also is hitting the treadmill at college to prepare for our 5k. I think it helps me feel like we are training together.

Beth: good job on getting to the gym yesterday!

Diane: not sure about the adult children. I sure dont ever talk that way. DD18 said something sucked while home for the holidays and I told her we do not talk that way in my house. I am a very picky parent when it comes to language.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Beth: Hmmm.. maybe I'm dreaming about separation from cookies! Lordy, it's Girl Scout cookie season too. Good for you getting back to the gym.. I know how hard it is when you've been sick, especially when you still aren't feeling 100%. So what did you think about the grief support group?

Rachel: Yes, I raised my kids the same way. My younger two never say anything in front of me, if they do talk like that I never hear it! My oldest isn't toooo bad, and sometimes he tries to filter. And my DS22 never talks that way in front of me UNLESS he is playing a game! (and as I've said before he is usually wearing headphones and doesn't realize how loud he can be!)

Charlene: How was the basketball game? Great news for your DD!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #134

Did 40 minutes on the treadmill. I feel great!

Diane: boy+gaming+headphones= enough said. Lol DS15 is currently talking to himself.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:24 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Scale keeps moving down. 192.4 this morning after 4 attempts. LOL It first read 191.8, then 192.2, then twice I got 192.4 so that's what I'm going with. So, I'm basically where I was before the holidays! Now to keep the momentum going!

I got up early to do my workout, but when I went to the sunroom, I was overcome with massive fear when I thought I saw the shadow of a person under my carport looking in at me. I literally became paralyzed with fear. Backed up into the living room and locked the door. I could not move. I stood at my bedroom door for a good 2 minutes. Then, I remembered I could see from my bedroom window to the carport. I finally made out the dang bbq pit! In my fear and death grip I had on my phone still in my hand, I looked down and saw that dreaded green bar across the top that said I had dialed someone.....at 4:00 a.m.!!!! It was the last person who had called me yesterday - one of my coworkers. I quickly hung up but what a fool I felt. I came <this close> to screaming for my husband to wake up and bring the gun. Here I sit at 5:15 a.m. and have not done a workout - stomach still in knots. (and just now a noise in my living room - ack!) I'm a basket case!

Rachel - yay for you for getting a good workout in and feeling great!!

Diane - it is so true that the weight comes off soooooo slowly but I can pack on major pounds in one day. NOT FAIR! Have fun in step class. So, you're skipping class tonight?

Beth - glad you got back to the gym and hope you're on the way to a full recovery.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #136

Good Morning Slimmers!

Scale is down to 138. Hopefully next week I will be back where I was before I lost control 2 weeks ago. Today will be day 3 back on track. I hope to get 30 minutes on the treadmill at some point this evening.

charlene: How terrifying about this morning! I probably would of woke up DH anyway. I have did that when I thought someone rang the doorbell in the middle of the night. LOL

beth: I hope you have a wonderful day!!

diane: Hi!

tom: Where'd ya go?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

to me! Actually, I'm not in the mood to celebrate at all. Don't feel all that great, my lymph glands are swollen again (although not as much as they were). And I'm still tired. Just struggling to get over this. I'm getting my hair done and then dh is taking me out to lunch. I'm missing my mom today. Its my first birthday without her. I still have burned into my memory the first birthday I spent with her when we moved to California. DH was still back in Chicago and I was staying with my mom. I came home from work and walked in the door and she was standing there with a cheesecake and candles with an impish grin on her face. It was probably the first birthday I had spent with her in about 20 years. It was so very precious.

bbl for personals
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

I lost my post this morning and I dont have time to re-type it all now, but I wanted to pop in and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Beth!!! I know it's hard today, but sounds like you have some wonderful memories with your mom. (((hugs)))

I decided to go ahead and go to class tonight. I was going to work on my painting and TRY to get it done even though I knew there was no way, but I ended up using my extra time looking at job postings.

I may check back in later tonight, if not, see ya in the morning.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. The day has been pleasant. DH brought home the first blooming daffodil on our hill. I love daffodils and that one single flower meant more than a dozen roses. We went to lunch at a new place that we haven't been too and I had a fabulous grilled cheese and tomato soup. They even gave me a slice of carrot cake to take home. Then we went over to get new gym shoes. I tried on several pairs but ended up with a pair of black and pink Asics. When we checked out, the checker forgot to charge me for the shoes. Once we got outside and realized what happened, I went back inside and told her. I got an additional 15% off. Since the shoes were already on sale I got $110 shoes for $50. I'm good with that.

Charlene--so glad that evil scale is back where it should be and your back on track! I don't watch scary movies because I would do the same thing that you did. My imagination is very creative.

Rachel--glad the scale is going in the right direction. I'll probably be working against a scale uptick starting tomorrow.

Diane--hope things are going ok with your painting. I'm sure it will be great even if you don't get it done on time. It happens. Oh dear, Girl Scout cookie time. I'm a sucker for a thin mint (or 20).

Have a good one all. I'm glad to be almost through this day.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:14 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! About to workout since I was petrified and couldn't yesterday. LOL Got a brand new air/heat unit - inside and out. Poor landlord, but she said this other one was 17 years old and a heat pump that she didn't like anyway. Nice and warm and just in time as a little cold front blew through yesterday. Dh and I went to the track to help dd14 start working on hurdles for track season. For the first day, she did really well. Trying to stay on top of things while she gets to continue to play bb. The bad thing is, I reserved tickets for the Revolve Tour for moms and teens the same weekend as the regional bb tournament. I'll have to sell my tickets because I have a feeling our girls will make it to regional since they are ranked so high up in the state rankings. How cool my dd14 gets to be a part of that!

Beth - I am so happy you had a nice birthday! And I love new gym shoes and what a steal! Good for you! Maybe next month I'll get some. I've worn mine pretty good this past year.

Diane - my sister is still doing the job hunt and yesterday she just out of the blue decided to drive to a place she thinks she'd like and apply. When she took her application back, they asked her to come in next Tuesday for an interview! Sometimes putting a face with a resume does help. It's about 30 minutes from her current house so that would mean not living here, but so far she's done well steering clear of the ex.

Rachel - well it is moving in the right direction! That's encouraging!

Have a great day!!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 AM   #141

Morning slimmers!

Scale is moving in the right direction despite having a visitor. It was 137. I am hoping to be back to 135 by next week. I didnt get on the treadmill last night. Had a horrible headache. Back on the treadmill tonight.

Another show choir competition this weekend. I need to take some food so I can stay on plan.

Be back later for personals. I got to get out the door. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I survived my birthday! And I think I'll just have to go to the gym today to try out my new shoes and new colorful socks. I'm still limiting it to cardio this week. Getting better but not at 100% yet. I just got a call from a recruiter who has someone who is interested is seeing my resume. I don't know what firm it is, but I'm just happy to see something happen on the job front. I'm having lunch on Saturday with a former colleague. It could take quite a while for things to work their way through the system. Every opportunity puts us that much closer to the right one.

Charlene--my gyms shoes were over a year and half old and were getting sloppy, I didn't have quite the suppport I needed in them. And they are just so darn cute. All black with hot pink tongue and silver and black stripes on the side and pink, black and white soles. They look less like gym shoes and more like cool shoes. Ah, the simple things in life. Glad you got your workout in. Hope your dd's team makes it to regional--so cool for her. We had to replace our furnace earlier this year. It was 23 years old and was shot. I've noticed that a lot of people in this development are replacing their furnances now. I imagine yours get lots of use with cooling considering how hot it gets there. We are in a fairly mild climate, so 23 years is great!

Rachel--glad the scale is figuring out who is boss! No doubt you will be back down to where you want to be soon.

Diane--how was class last night?

Think I'll get the day started. Have a good one all!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

I made it to the gym to show off my new shoes. I did 32 minutes of rowing and I can tell that my abs got a workout. And I stretched. Its taking all I have to get there, but at least I'm going! The I took the dog for a bath. She does pretty good with that at the dog wash. I tried to cut her nails when we got home and she was not cooperative. She prefers to chew on her own nails.

Anyway. Am starting to feel better. Bet I sleep well tonight!

Hope you are all having a good day.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad I made myself go to painting class. I figured I would probably sit pretty quietly and keep a low profile (which isn't so easy to do in a class of 6! (and only 4 of us were there last night) Proff seems surprised that *I* for the first time ever did not have a painting done, but she said sometimes that happens. I will TRY to get it done, but only after I do this weeks assignment.. I'm much more excited about it. It's a renaissance portrait.

Anyway, the day was almost comical. I hit my head HARD on a wall shelf, got a big bump and felt VERY slightly queasy and light-headed, but no pain after the initial pain wore off.. just pressure. I put ice on it off and on.. even took a bag to class with me. By morning the bump was much smaller, but it's still sore. I went to the gym today, but was still feeling kind of meh, so I decided pilates would NOT be good for my head.. it would cause more pressure, so I did some light eliptical and recumbant bike. Haven't done the machines in months.. kind of liked it!

Ok.. I have a question.. for about the past month or so, off and on, I have been having a really WEIRD pain. It's on the outside of my ear, in the mid-cartilage area. There is nothing visible there. It is always the left ear, but a few times it was the right instead. The pain is very annoying, and it seems to help if I pull on it or massage the cartilage. It's not a burning pain, but sometimes it throbs! I have wondered if I have been sleeping with my ear crunched up or something! It's VERY weird! I looked it up and only found other people wondering what the heck it is as well.. they all said it was mostly their left ears too! I swear I'm not crazy! Have any of you ever experienced this or heard of it?

In other news.. my parents 60th anniversary party is March 2nd. I wasn't even dreaming of going with my job situation and pending financial "less-ness" (from no child support or rent, etc..) Anyway, looks like I may be going to San Diego in four weeks!!! My sister is paying for a ticket for me! I have a nephew that pitched in for a second ticket.. my DD is going (she was going to pay for her own ticket) but now if she splits the ticket price with DS and they both pay half, then he can go too! (if that makes any sense) I talked to my dad who just turned 84, and he asked when I can come visit... I said, "Ohh I dont know.. with my job situation it really depends on what happens and how things are financially in the near future".. I felt kinda bad, but the party is a surprise and my parents will have NO idea we are coming!!!! I have thought about trying to take Meadow, but the more I think about it the more I think its not a great idea. She is only 3 and it would be SO hard. I get so nervous about trips though.. just worrying about getting everything done and hoping nothing goes wrong (like missing a flight or getting sick).

... regardless, if THAT isn't a reason to get my booty on track and lose weight , and fast, I dont know what is! Tom came to visit today, and the scale was up a little again. Tomorrow is day one of "Project San Diego"

Beth: Your Thin Mint comment made me laugh out loud! That's exactly the problem! I could easily eat 20 Thin Mints! Glad you had a nice bday. Yay for Asics! Bet they look sharp with the black and hot pink!

Rachel: Yay for the scale going down! Now it's MY turn! Come on Whoosh Fairy!!!

Charlene: I have either sent a resume or an email to at least 2 jobs every day this week. It seems I only hear from the bogus ones! I've already written a book on here tonight, so I wont go into detail now, but I will say, do these people think people are THAT naive and gullible? Jeez! Good thing I am careful about sending my info to people unless I KNOW they are legit. Craigslist seems to have some good postings, but WAY too many bogus ones! If they just say Cincinnati and dont say what part, that is the first clue. Ugh.. so frustrating! Good for your sister!

Last edited by Annie64; 01-31-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

See the new thread for February.

Slimmer by Spring February Edition