Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Oh boy oh boy was I BAD BAD BAD yesterday! .... But! I've been very very good today! Like.. perfect! And I have some chicken in the crock pot too. My boss called me today and told me I should go home because she was on her way to the boys school to pick up Peter because apparently he has the flu. DD has it as well. Yikes. All these sick people around me.. I better not get it! I've had a very minor cold thing going on for a while, but nothing that keeps me down. I was thinking of getting the flu shot this weekend.. a little late, but hopefully not too late!

Painting class was fun as usual.. love the group we have in there! I have the next two weeks to finish this painting.. in this level we paint bigger and more detailed, and she gives us more time, so I won't be posting things as often on facebook... however, if.. no, WHEN I do some oil pastels on my own, I will post those.

Beth: Hope you feel better soon! Seems like everyone I know is getting sick! If I do end up getting sick, I look at it this way.. it will keep me from being bad! I'll lose some weight.. but the down side is I won't be able to work out! I do hope I don't get sick though!!! Are you feeling any better?

Charlene: My still life is a really pretty wind chime I found at Hobby Lobby (its different colors of glass and metal), a crooked blue vase (I love things that are different than the norm), and a black pillar thingie for a candle. With this project we can use any gradation, or blending, but have to show all the different shades. Should be interesting! ... I am thinking of doing some of the weight machines occasionally. I think I am getting too used to step and pilates (I've been lazy about yoga, lol). Need to mix it up more!

Rachel: I agree, it's good to stay busy with things to keep your mind off of DD being gone. My DD still technically lives with me, but I hardly see her since her bday! She has been staying at her BFs house. I know it's not the same, but I'm still sad. ... ya know, if I was talented and not horribly shy in high school I would have LOVED to do show choir! Seems like so much fun!

Tom: Congrats on the 14 lbs!! Woo hoo! I hope you are feeling better! I think rewarding yourself occasionally WORKS.. at least it does for me. Once I knew I could trust myself to have the occasional treat and not make it a ticket to eat bad the rest of the day or week or month, then it was ok and it worked for me.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/140/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Diane: glad you jumped right back on the wagon. I still love your starbucks painting! Theres no way I could do show choir I am way backwards. Although with DS15 he becomes a different person once on stage. In real life hes not outgoing, doesnt talk much, etc.
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/210/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning. Our monthly enemy had me up 3 times last night. It was so ridiculous, dh griped about it! And, at 4:30 when I came back to bed for the last time, he said, "Gosh, aren't you usually up and out of here by now!?" LOL I was so tired from being up I couldn't get up to work out.

Our friends we go to the lake with all the time are buying a camper today that sleeps 8. They want us to come to the lake here in our town and test it out this weekend! My friend and I have a couple of geocaches at the state park we haven't been able to find and we are on a mission to get them. My family is off on Monday, but I am choosing to work some to get the hours in so I won't have to stay so long into the summer.

Diane - sure hope you steer clear of the flu. All my coworkers had it over Christmas and two still have hacking coughs that are lingering. Can't wait to see your new art work.

Beth - how are you feeling today? Any improvement?

Tom - same for you. Any improvement?

Rachel - Do you have a competition this weekend? When you go, do you drive yourself or ride a bus with the kids?

No games tonight for me - dd14's game got cancelled. I will start my crock pot pulled pork cooking for the hospitality room for Saturday and catch up on my taped shows. I welcome nothing to do tonight.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/242/229.5 by 6/30/13
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 10/21/10
Good morning everyone!

I am not liking this virus at all. The fever is gone, but now its all in my head. I won't be going to the gym until at least Monday. So much for my goals for this month. I've lost 1.5 pounds this week, compared to 4 pounds last week. I guess that is the week 2 stall. I was way off plan yesterday, I wanted comfort food. Now that I've had it, I'm ready to be back on plan today. Not planning to do much today, maybe I'll go the grocery store and the bank. But that's it. I know that rest will help me fight this and get over it, so that's what I am going to do. Yesterday dh brought me some diet 7up. With ice and a lemon it was so wonderful. What is it about 7up when you're sick? I'm really bummed about being sick. Now I'll have to work back up to where I was with my workouts. Its disappointing. On Tuesday I was feeling great and did an hour of cardio, 30 on the rower and 30 on the bike. After being so sick last year it took me quite a while to get back to ground zero.

Diane--yes, get a flu shot. Better late than never. And some immunity is better than no immunity. I'm not sure if I have a mild flu or a cold. I don't usually have a fever with a cold. And I did have a flu shot. And hit the weights again. Its good to mix it up and the weight training is an anaerobic activity, which is good for you too.

Charlene--what tapes are you watching tonight? I hate it when I'm up and down all night. I seem to have more trouble sleeping than I used to, so working out helps a lot. I've been taking naps the last two days, probably because I'm sick, and it hasn't really bothered me when it comes to sleeping. I try not to do that, but when you're sick, you're sick. What is the weather supposed to be like down there this weekend for camping?

Rachel--keeping busy is a good distraction. How are doing otherwise?

Tom--what's new with you? Are you feeling any better?

OK--time to eat something and think about the day. I have a phone call with a recruiter in an hour. I think its just a networking call. He is looking to place someone in Florida or the Midwest, which I am not interested in.

Have a good one.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #95

Afternoon Slimmers!!!

DD18 left 6 days ago and it's feeling like its been weeks!!! This sucks!!!! I swear it's not ever going to get easier!!!!

LC is still going pretty good! There hasn't been exercise this week. I seriously just can't get it in.

Another show choir competition tomorrow. Should be an 18 hour day so that's better. DD14 is going with me tomorrow. She doesn't like to travel to the far ones since it's such a long day. Tomorrow's competition is only 35 minutes away.

beth: Feel better soon!

charlene: I drive to the competitions although this year I will be riding the bus to a competition or two.

diane: How's it going today?

tom: Where are you?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

I remained good all day yesterday,and I've been pretty good today as well! I went to step class, but halfway through I felt heavy and tired and a little light headed, so peoples theory that my frapps were the cause were wrong.. I knew they were because it happened off and on before I ever drank them. I did finish the class though. I feel achey, but I think its from pilates yesterday, not that I'm getting sick (knock on wood).

I started an oil pastel today!!! I am doing one for my son who wants to give it to a friend of his.. its her dog.. a black lab. So far so good! I will post it when its done. It feels great to be using the oil pastels again! Heck, it has been well over a month! (maybe almost two!)

Charlene: Dang! That monthly enemy has it in for you! Yikes! Camping at the lake sounds so fun.. and nice.. and relaxing!

Beth: Oh I know, when you are really sick you either can't eat anything, or if you can you want comfort food! And hey, a loss is still a loss and better then a gain! Speaking of comfort food, I ALMOST went to Chipotle tonight, but since the line was to the door, I kept driving! Probably a good thing, I don't need all those calories and sodium and fat today when I've been so good!

Rachel: Thanks! I actually have the Starbucks painting hanging in my room.. I put it there because Lucy was in the art show and I just haven't put her back up yet! ==== You are kind of making me miss my "dance mom" days! We only did a few competitions a year, but it was so much work! (and so much fun!) If a competition was in Dayton (an hour away) we would sometimes get a hotel and make it girl time. It cut down on the stress of worrying about being stage ready at 8am!

Tom: Hope you are doing well and feeling better!
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

So much for doing nothing tonight. Both girls wanted to go to the home basketball games and so we all went - and sat through 3 games. We came home to our heater fan being out, so only the fireplace for us until we can get someone to fix it. Thank goodness it's warmed up a bit. The girls are making s'mores at the fireplace and I am about to hit the sack. I want to run in the morning and then get all my food to the hospitality room by 8:30 a.m.
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

The scale was the same this morning. Given that I haven't worked out and am sick, I'm just fine with that. I was up at 4 in the morning because I couldn't breath and the dog wanted to go out and then eat. Since I forgot to feed her the second installment of dinner last night I figured it was easier to take her out and feed her and then she would let us all sleep in, which is what she did. Still not feeling great, its mostly in my head and I've had headaches. We have a gig tonight. Yesterday I managed to get some things off of my to do list. I'm almost done dealing with my mom's estate. Next on my list is taxes and cleaning out the garage and storage closet. I'll be glad when I get over this virus.

Rachel--how was the show choir competition? And how are you doing?

Charlene--kids! they can certainly change your plans at a moments notice, huh? How are you doing?

Diane--what's going on with you today?

Tom--?

Think I'll be cleaning out files today and then take a nap before the gig. At least we should be home by 11:30 tonight.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Uggghhhh! This is one of those days where I almost feel like giving up! But I won't.. I know it's a fight that is lifelong, even after all the weight is finally lost, it will always be a battle. I was good the last two days and this morning the scale went back UP, not by a lot, but still! VERY frustrating!

Did step class this morning without risers, and I actually felt like I got a BETTER workout! My knees have been a little sore still, so I want to take it easy.. I definitely liked it with no risers.. think I'll stick with that for a while.

Well, today I'm doing a little shopping.. I need a decent easel, so I thought while I have some extra money I will go buy a decent one. The one I have is NOT good for working on.. it's cheap and way too flimsy, but it's fine for display. I'll use a 40% off coupon and get a much nicer one. Then I'm going to Marshall's to see if they have the right size yoga top.. I tried one on at TJ Maxx and it was a little tight.. I want it because it's long and doesn't "fall up" if you know what I mean.... I do NOT need my belly flopping out while in the down-dog position! I realize I spend way too much time adjusting my shirt and it takes away from the exercise. I DO want to get back into yoga, so maybe that will motivate me!

I am SOOOO dang tired today! I got a good nights sleep too. I could totally take a nap right now. My DS20 has a gig tonight also, and I was tempted to go, but I'm just too zonked.

Charlene: Wow! 3 games!? I don't know if I could do that! That sucks about the heater fan.

Beth: Don't over do it tonight! Take care of yourself!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Hello! A loooong day so far but it's time to relax! I got up at 6:00 and made homemade cinnamon rolls, buffalo chicken dip and finished up the pulled pork for the coaches hospitality room. The hospitality room was amazing. Us junior high parents know how to feed those workers. I was worried I made too much food, but most of mine was gone when I went to pick up my dishes. I'd say that was a hit. Sat through 3 more basketball games today. Our girls did well.

I ran 20 minutes while my dough was rising. I had ordered me some new running tights and jacket and was anxious to see how they worked. I was not cold at all. Also, I bought a pair of Skechers Go Walk shoes. Holy cow - these things are so light and comfortable. I feel like I'm wearing house shoes. They come in all colors too. I got our school colors but I definitely want some more. Great for work! Worth the $!

I haven't weighed because I'm letting our friend get on her merry way and lose some of the boating that comes with it. I ate lunch at an Italian place today and got a Greek salad with chicken and it was delish! My new favorite salad!

Beth - hope you're on the mend. I hope you make it through the gig tonight without incident.

Diane - hang in there. It IS a battle - everyday. I have learned that too. It's gonna take hard work everyday and we have to get back on track when we mess up.

Hope everyone has a great evening! I'm gonna stoke the fire and make sure we have a warm house - or at least living room - this evening.

Last edited by sports_mom; 01-19-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

LOL So much for relaxing last night either. Kids can throw a wrench in your get along pretty quickly! After the tournament, dd12 wanted to go to movies with a friend. Then dd14 had a friend over and they wanted to go as well. I said I'd take them and we picked up two more on the way. We watched "Mama" and it was freaky! I let a bad word slip out of my mouth during one scene. I'm not much a spooky movie person. The place was PACKED. Then the kids came here to hang out until midnight making s'mores at the fireplace and playing Wii. We are supposed to go to State park today and hang out with friends who bought a new camper.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

The scale is the same today. We had a good gig last night and were home by 11. When we got home, our unit smelled of toxic paint fumes. The owner of the lower unit was painting, getting ready to show it again. I went down and asked them to open their windows, which they did, and then we moved the bird upstairs, closed the bedroom door and put a small fan in the window to pull bad air out. I slept fine, but when I woke up I could barely breath but that was from my cold. Not much going on today, laundry, taxes, rest. I spent the morning writing a thesis to our neighbors on issues they should address in their lease agreement. Mainly smoking, pets, bbq and following the CCRs. We've lived here for almost 16 years and until the nasty neighbors moved in we never had an issue. I was dumbfounded by some of the stupid things these people did, talk about working a system. Anyway, the Owners have a new management company that really seems to know their stuff, have a thorough screening process and the rent should be high enough to keep out the riff raff. There are great renters out there and I hope they find them.

Charlene--have fun checking out the new camper today. DH's bff just got a new one and I wouldn't call that camping. I would call that pulling your house with you. Its mighty fine! Good for you for running. I don't know when I'll get back to the gym. If my cold follows what my husbands is doing, I'll be on antibiotics next week. He is feeling much better, took the dog for a long walk today. Still has some leftover stuff. Maybe tomorrow or tuesday I'll go do an easy cardio workout.

Diane--hope you're doing well. Did you find a good yoga shirt? I think that they do make them a little tighter fitting so that don't fall up. The scale if fickle I say. Let it know who's boss.

Rachel--how was the competition. I saw your posts on FB and missing your DD. The exchange was funny

Tom--where are you??????

Anyway, gonna fold some laundry. Have a good day.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Gotta quit sabotaging myself on the weekends by hanging out with friends. UGH! I feel awful and bloated. I'm chugging water right now. Having my coffee and then hitting the workout. I'm going into work for a few hours but I imagine no one will be there so I will be able to come home early and finish up my laundry and cleaning myself.

Beth - here's hoping the company does find those good renters. They truly are out there. I know after 5 tries, we got some in our house. Hope you make it back to the gym this week.

Rachel - hope the competition was a success and that you are doing well.

Diane - did you find an easel? I know all about that feeling of fighting the scale and the patterns that we have so ingrained in our system.

Tom - how are you doing out there?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I have no voice and am still sick. No workout for me for a few more days at least. I slept well last night. The scale was down a pound today. The medicine I take is very drying so I've been sucking down liquids like a mad person. Taking it easy today trying to kick this cold. I've heard from others that it keeps comng back.

Charlene--just keep on keeping on. Do you take food with you when you're over with friends. I know it can be really difficult to always make the best food choices. At some point we will get to the point where we're not losing and trying to maintain, which takes a different mind set. Hope you have a quiet day.

Rachel--How ya doing today?

Diane--How are you feeling? Did you dodge the bug?

Tom--How bout you?

Have a good one all.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. I worked until 3 yesterday because everyone else decided to work too. But, I had a nice long lunch and got some laundry done, and after work dh and I went and put out 3 new geocaches. They published last night. Love seeing people go get my caches.

Ready for the work week and to be good all week prior to one of my 5Ks this weekend. It's a cancer benefit for one of our ex students. About to hit the workout as soon as I hit send.

I have Pokeno tonight so I will miss a basketball game. I hope dd14 doesn't mind too much. Her dad will be there. I joined the group to help them out and have only made one game night. Once I'm established, I'll let them know which nights are not good for me.

All I had for supper last night was SF apple cider. Was not hungry.

Beth - sure hope you kick this thing. Take care.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #106

Morning slimmers!

I am struggling to stay on plan. Only been on plan 75% of the time the last several days. Time to get back in the swing of things.

Things are crazy busy here. No time for anything for myself. Still missing DD18 a bunch. Going Saturday evening to take her out for supper. So worth spending 4+hours on the road to eat supper with her. She isnt coming home for another 3 1/2 weeks.

I will be back later for personals. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all,

Still sick here, no voice and can't breathe. The scale went back up the pound it was down yesterday. I've not been good about staying on plan. Something about being sick makes it harder. Although the meds kill my appetite. I think I am going to make some tomato soup today. No gym until I can breath better.

Rachel--being on plan 75% of the time is better than not at all. My nephew is back at school and won't be going home until May-Texas is a long way from California. You're lucky she is close to home so you can see her regularly.

Charlene--have fun at game night tonight. Do you know when someone finds your geocache? Have a good day at school.

Diane--where are you?

Tom?

OK--must eat something and drink something.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

I have really been struggling. I had a PERFECT day Sunday (I stayed busy) and then yesterday I was just AWFUL. It dawned on me yesterday that it seems a part of me had given up, but I have to fight even harder now and get rid of that part! I was SO bad last night in fact, that after eating bad all day, I had a sweet tooth and nothing in the house.. I was tired and it was cold so I decided I didn't want to go out just to get something sweet... I almost ordered something from a pizza place to get a sweet fix since I knew they had deserts, but I would have had to order a pizza in order to spend enough for delivery!! I would have eaten the pizza as well! Thank goodness I decided against it. I am feeling stronger today, and trying to only eat when I am actually legitimately hungry!

I still have just a bit of a cold, but I seem to have dodged the flu. I skipped working out Sunday because I still felt "iffy".. kind of achey and blech, but I ended up cleaning and rearranging my bedroom (I turned the bed around and in the corner and it really opened up the room (I wasn't sure it would work). My reason for doing this was to make my room better to double as an art room. I also put together my new easel (which I called the b-word a few times).. the instructions were awful! I love it though! I hung up some of my paintings and my colorful glass/metal wind chime by the window. It looks pretty cool if I do say so!

I did do step class yesterday, but I woke up and ALMOST didn't go. I forced myself, and ended up getting a great workout! I felt fine the whole time, and it was latin day, so I had a lot of fun as well. It doesn't feel like a workout when she does the latin stuff. I told the instructor that she ought to make it officially "Latin Mondays" Anyway, I have been doing step with NO risers the past few times because my knees are still kind of sore, but it turns out, because its lower I am putting more effort into it and actually getting a BETTER workout! I think I will stick with no risers for a while.

Rachel: Me too! It's been a MAJOR struggle.. I have a good day, then a bad day, or a good morning, then a bad night. I really need to figure out what is going on with me and get on track. I think it's stress, and like I said, a part of me has given up and stopped caring. I know it's temporary, but it's scary!

Charlene: I may get more into geocaching when it warms up some. I did it when my sister was here visiting, and it was fun! It was like, 5 degrees here this morning, so I guess winter has really found us now.. it has been pretty decent until now.

Beth: Sorry you are still sick! I can't believe how much is going around this winter, and how many people I know that have been getting sick. I am wondering if the vitamin C "blast" I did helped me not get the flu. It's Airborne.. I took 4 chewable tabs the day I found out the youngest boy I take care of had the flu.. so far so good! === No, I never found a yoga shirt, but I will keep checking. Marshalls didn't have any, but TJ Maxx just didn't have the right size.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Another struggler here. I seem to do fine until the late afternoons and then I seem so hungry that nothing satisfies my appetite. I can't believe I was so gung ho for so long and I am having such a hard time now.

Hope everyone's game plan gets in gear and all of you start feeling better. DD12 seems to be getting sick and my dh had to come home early yesterday. I think his was sinus. Not sure about dd12 - but her throat hurts and she's coughing - no fever so she still chooses to go to school and take her benchmark tests. I told her if she didn't feel better today, to take those tests and I'll bring her home early (because she doesn't want to miss those.)

Beth - yes - I get emails telling me when my geocaches have been found. A guy found my 3 new ones last night.

Diane - yay for you for rearranging your room and making it more art accessible. Enjoy!

Rachel - I agree with Beth - 75% is better than none at all. Hang in there.

Have a GREAT day!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Got in a killer leg and back workout this morning. Almost an hour of pushing myself. My legs feel like jello. Chugging water and already feel better. Still not light outside, so I have a long way to go to make it through this day, but am really focusing on my eating today.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

I'm starting to get my voice back. But I bet if I use it too much I'll lose it again. Still having trouble breathing. Not going to the gym, perhaps at all this week. The scale is up a 1/2 pound. Its really difficult for me to stay on plan when I'm sick. And I'll probably not adhere to strictly until after my birthday next week. <sigh> I hate this. It has been a pattern that I have had for years--starting the new year strong and then getting sick a few weeks in and crashing. Then with my b'day at the end of the month, all bets are off. And now I'll have to rebuild my exercise routine. It makes me angry. I emailed my doctor and she wasn't much help. I'll already doing everything I know how to, including resting lots. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I'm sick. The last six months have been so stress filled, even with all of the self care, and I've finally relaxed.

Charlene--seems we are all struggling a bit right now. As long as we keep trying, we'll succeed. Its when we give up that we're in trouble. Sounds like a great workout this morning. My funk (and dh's) both started with a sore throat. No coughing really. He is feeling better, went to the gym this week and took the dog on her long walks. He still has a little bit hanging on, but he's going to work. Hope your dh and dd are feeling better.

Diane--I hear ya about the struggle and giving up. It is temporary. Its a tough time of year and you've dealt with a lot lately. How's the job search going? Its interesting that you're working harder without the risers than with them. I wonder why that is? Hope your cold is getting better. I've used airborne, which probably helped me keep this at bay. I also use an herbal mix called Cold Snap, and my previous doctor would have me take Quercitin (which I had forgotten). I'll have to get more of that tomorrow. Rearranging a room is so, hmm, what's the word, freeing. As in unlocking bad juju and allowing new great energy to come in. It reminds me of springtime.

Rachel--how are ya girl? Thinking of you?

Tom--did we lose you?

Have a good day all. I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. Yesterday I worked on our taxes and once we get in all the final 1099s and W2s we can file. Looks like we'll have a nice refund, which is really good since I'm not working. Its going to rain today so I'll stay tucked in here, nice and dry.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Painting class was cancelled due to illness, so I am home. Got all the way there before I found out though. I should work on my still life painting, but I really don't feel like it! It is SO cold here this week! All I want to do is snuggle up and watch tv!

Well, I had another bad food day. I hate this. It's that old all too familiar ZOMBIE EATING thing that I do. It's like I don't even realize what I'm doing! I feel like a Hefty garbage bag (the kind that stretches) that is SO full of garbage and stretched out to the max. Or a big ol' water balloon that is just begging to be popped. Yep.. that's what I feel like! I did do step class today, but it isn't doing me much good given all I've eaten. TOMORROW is the day.. I am getting really strict. I hate to say it, but I hit 195 this morning. I have to be really super strict and drop about 5 or 6 quick lbs and Ill be fine.

Charlene: I know.. exactly! I was doing SO well.. I felt SO strong and was feeling pretty darn good. It's so not fair that food seems to be such an issue for all of us. Food is yummy.. I just wish I could enjoy whatever I wanted Ok girls.. lets DO this. Back on track.. let's go!!!

Beth: OR, you could be good UNTIL your birthday, and then have a bday splurge I know what you're saying though... It seems we all have patterns that come back to haunt us again and again. === Job search is not going well. I still held out hope about the insurance company, but I checked again and the jobs are no longer posted. Pshhh.. and they said they would let me know either way. Just seems that most jobs out there are part time, or want more experience, or a bachelors degree, or yada yada yada... no one calls! I keep checking and it's the same old places that always post jobs (which is a red flag).. and the new decent ones, well, like I said, they just don't call! I'm actually not going to give up on that job I want.. Im going to keep checking and Ill resend my resume when they post jobs again.

Hi Rachel, Hi Tom!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:06 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Got in a 30 minute walk. After that leg workout yesterday, I had to get rid of some of this soreness. Eating and water were pretty good yesterday. I'm going to download that book Brain Over Binge and read it. I'm tired of this carb creep thing getting to me. I've gotta heal this mindset. I have to quit sabotaging myself and reasoning with myself that certain foods are okay, when so obviously they are not because they are what makes me fat.

Diane - time to reel it back in while we still have it within reach....I know me and if it gets too far gone, I'll give up. I will weigh again on Monday and see how I've done.

Beth - hope today's the day you get to feeling better.

Rachel - competition this weekend?

Tom - check in and let us know how your plan is going.

Have a GREAT day!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Still got this nasty cold. I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep (when I wake up I can't breath and by the time I get to the point that I can, then I can't sleep) Of course it didn't help falling over the dog either. Didn't weigh this morning, totally forgot once I took the dog out. I think I will go out to grocery shop today though. I want to get out of the house! Waiting until my bff calls me back and then I'll go. I've set Monday as my goal to get to the gym. If I feel significantly better before than I'll go, but this thing keeps hanging on and I just want to be rid of it!

Charlene--good for you on getting your walk in. Sure seems like we are struggling these days. Let us know how the book is. How is your dd feeling?

Diane--there is so much illness going around. Its making its way through the band. The diva is sick now (he he) and not because of me because he thinks he too good to deal with me. I just want to stay in when its cold too, not that we ever get that cold here. But I spent plenty of years freezing in Chicago. I gotta say I hate the way large corporation deal with recruitment. Its like spitting into the wind. I'd much rather deal with a real person. I'm starting to work my network now. I've made it a goal to do one thing on my job search every single day, which can be as little as sending an email to a professional colleague or applying on line. Just to do something. I'll feel better and it will help.

Rachel? Tom? Where are you?

Have a good day all!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Well so far so good today. I am really trying to focus on only eating when I am hungry. I had Starbucks steel cut oats this morning .. yum! They kept me full until lunch. I need to substitute the brown sugar next time. I think they have Splenda there, so I will use that, or bring my Truvia from home.

I kind of feel like I "hit rock-bottom" so to speak on my eating yesterday. When I am in a binge mode, its BAD. For example.. I had a Wendys Spicey Chicken sandwhich AND fries (that werent even that good but I ate them anyway) .. I didnt have a drink. Later I stopped at the gas station (knowing it was supposed to be my last hurrah food-wise) and got ONE can of Coke, and a little piece of chocolate cake. Even after that though, I still had what was left of the honey bbq chicken tenders from the freezer. I swear I felt like a beached whale! AMAZINGLY I did not weigh any more today than yesterday! I thought I would be up 3 lbs or so.

Anyway, I woke up feeling strong. I continue to feel strong, and don't have any desire to cheat. Right now I am just trying to keep the calorie count under control, and eat healthy. I am anxious to just get back into the 80s right now... I still can't believe I gained this much that fast. Oh 70s.. I do miss you so!

Charlene: Brain over Binge? That sounds like something I definitely need to read! Glad you did well yesterday. I missed pilates class this morning because I couldn't find my keys! ugh! They had fallen in my art bag. I think I need a day to just focus on my diet anyway.

Beth: Sorry you are still struggling with that cold! Mine has been SO minor it hasn't slowed me down any at all.. but the carbs have. Ugh. I almost didnt weigh this morning because I didnt want to see all the damage, but it was the same thankfully. I am really going to try hard tomorrow and over the weekend to get out of the 90s. Good luck with the networking! Wish I had contacts.. seems like its becoming the "you have to know someone to get hired" kind of thing.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. It was a rest day today since I'm running a 5K tomorrow morning. I am going to do some light stretching. Started the book "Brain Over Binge" last night. It's author is a recovered bulimic but I've read and she also said that over eaters and those who binge eat can benefit from this book. It's already hit home just reading the large quantities of food she ate at one sitting.

Beth - hope today is the day you start feeling better.

Diane - glad you are feeling strong and ready to go. What a battle this is. I think I'm back in my previous mindset too - feeling strong and wanting to continue on my weight loss goal. Some of what you wrote in your food intake sounds much like the gal in the book and how she felt after eating. She would reason with herself and talk herself into eating things bad for her and then feeling overwhelmingly ashamed and just down right awful and sick.

Rachel - Hope tomorrow you enjoy your dinner with dd! Be safe.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

I was talking to my younger brother (the one who qualified for the Boston Marathon) and he said he has trouble putting ON weight! Ohhh to have THAT problem!

I did pretty well yesterday, but I got a snacky-attacky around 4:30... being here at work with a snack attack is NOT good. I didn't go crazy, and was good the rest of the night. Weight was down slightly, but nothing to write home about! I went to step class.. it was the easier instructor, but that was probably good because I was feeling sluggish this morning. My friend and I are going to try to pull a double tomorrow.. we are going to try a different class (Supertone) and then yoga. I haven't done yoga in so long, and I HATE doing it when my weight is up like this.. I'll get through it.. I hope Bob is teaching at least.

Charlene: I will have to read that book.. in the past I had "bulimic tendancies" so to speak.. just something that cropped up rarely over the years, but was at its worst in my 20s. Haven't had any issues with it in a very very long time.. wouldn't even think about doing that.. BUT, obviously I still do the binging part of the cycle. It's so weird. Why can't I have a "normal" relationship with food?

Beth: Hope you are feeling better!

Ill check back in again later.....
Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Well Charlene--today is the day that I am starting to feel better. I never made it out of the house yesterday and was really getting bored. You know that feeling that you don't feel so great to get back to your regular routine, but you're not so sick that you just want to veg out. So today I will make it to the grocery stores (spent the morning searching for interesting receipes for the week) and we have a gig tonight. I'm going to skip my scheduled massage for tomorrow because I'm not quite ready for that. And I have my voice back, about 90% anyway. Last night I talked to my bff and she was asking me how I was able to communicate with dh without my voice. I told her that I would text him (while he was sitting next to me) and he would talk to me. She thought that was so funny! Her mom, who is 89, fell twice in the last week and is in the hospital in ICU. She's really dehydrated and now they are going to move her to some type of assisted care/nursing facility. She can no longer live on her own. And while they could get someone to come in to help, there is a shortage of caregivers in that area of IL. So it begins. The statistics say that an elderly person lives for about 18 months after moving to an assisted environment. My mom, for a change followed the norm, lived for about 20 months after moving. I really feel for her, having just gone through this. I saw a picture of her mom from Christmas and could tell she has really aged and is getting frail.

Charlene--are you excited about your 5k tomorrow? Rest well, eat well (and approriately) and knock it out of the park. Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you will do great. The book seems interesting!

Diane--hope you are keeping it strong again today. You can do it! I wish this cold hadn't slowed me down, but it most certainly did. And it will take me a few weeks to get my workouts back to what they were before I got sick. I'll start with some light cardio on Monday. Given how I feel today, I think Monday will be the day to get back to the gym. Still taking some meds (mainly musinex) to get through this. Next week will be fairly light in the workouts to see how I do.

Rachel--how are you? Looking forward to seeing DD tomorrow I bet?

Tom?

OK, must get moving and get to the grocery store before it all gets too busy.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Diane--you sneaked in while I was writing. Glad to hear you did better with your eating yesterday. And that you made it to class. A double doozy tomorrow, huh? You are pretty inspirational on your exercise!

My bff is naturally thin and always had trouble keeping her weight up (not so much of a problem anymore). She would forget to eat. I would tease her that it takes a special kind of stupid to forget to eat. That's not a problem I EVER had.

Have a good one!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:31 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I'm up, eating a OMM with protein and having my coffee. I'll leave about 6:00 a.m. - it takes about an hour and half to get there. I'll get to see several of my friends I use to work with from 2002-2005 and I'm excited about that. The little gal this benefit is for is in Dallas having chemo so she won't be able to be there.

Then, I let my kids talk me into driving them to Dallas later (which is back in the same dang direction I will have come from- ugh!) and take them to a jumping park for the day. I keep asking myself why I do this but there's my 25-y-o son grown and married and it was a snap of the fingers. I'm going to enjoy their company while they still enjoy mine.

Diane - glad your eating was better and not too bad. Good luck doing a double today! Have you worked on that painting yet? I know exactly what you mean about your relationship with food. Mine is not a positive one either. Hopefully I will get some insight into this. I had to white knuckle it last night to keep from eating snacks my girls had.

Beth - so glad to hear you're feeling better! That's sad about your bff's mother. If anyone can offer support and know how she's feeling, it's you. It's great you'll be able to walk with her through this. Hope the gig was good and drama free.

Ok, off to stretch and finish getting ready. Hope everyone has a GREAT Saturday!!