Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/229.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Hey Tom!

You slipped in when I was posting. Glad to see you. You've done very well. Ribs are OK, and without sauce makes it a perfect lc meat. I know its really hard to stay on plan while traveling. I was traveling 4-5 days a week for a while and it was tough, but I did manage to drop 50 pounds during that time. This is truly a way of life, not just a diet. I think its harder to maintain than it is to lose. And I lost that weight without exercising. But once I did (and I'm not done yet) I got a gym membership, hired a trainer and now work out regularly. I read a great book recently called Younger Next Year and it is written for those of us in our 40s/50s and beyond. My working out, while related to weight loss, is really about health, flexibility, balance and strength and regaining what I've lost.

Take care.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: iamno1
Stats: 340/326/240
WOE: hybrid Atkins Bauer
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Hi Beth,

Thanks for the reading recommendation and congrats on losing 50 pounds!!! I'm jealous and incentified. Do you feel different now and do you notice any difference in your mental state (both emotional and mind focus or intelligence). My concern as I got older and fatter is my brain appears to have lost some focus. Not sure this is all age or partly do to the amount of fat in my body. I'm looking forward to my first weigh in about 3 weeks to see some progress. I do not want to weigh everyday. Text to you soon. Tom
iamno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon all!

I did make it to the gym today to do a weight workout, and I left it all there. I also finally got my mom's writings to get scanned today. I'll get them back next week. And I got all of my errands run.

Tom--I don't know that I really noticed a difference in my mental state specifically from losing weight. I did notice a difference because I am allergic to wheat and it is eliminated from my diet. Also, once I lost the weight it was easier to move around and I felt more energtic. I really noticed a difference in my mental state once I started to work out. More circulation=more oxygen=better mental state. Also, exercise increases seratonin in the brain (one of the neurotransmitters related to mood). And then there's all that heart health stuff. It took me a long while to be ready to hit the gym. My husband takes the dog for walks around the valley (and has for years) and joined the gym with me. He goes there for weight workout 2-3x a month. We hired a trainer who has worked with us to address body weakeness (my knees, dh's hip) increasing flexibility and balance. Its not necessary to become a gym rat, just getting moving, even for a walk helps us all. OK, I can't believe that these words are even coming out of my mouth. I have been such a couch potato for so long. But being able to move easily feels SO GOOD (makes me feel younger). My trainer is a CHEK practioner, which makes him less like pumping iron trainer and more like a physical therapist. You can do a search to see if there is one near you.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning. Well, I actually ended up signing up for TWO 5Ks. YIKES! SO I have to get running again. My problem in the new town is there's not a lighted place to run like I used to at the big school. I need to do my workouts early in the a.m. because of all the activities my dds are involved in. I'm hitting the treadmill today and going to try and run for as long as I can. My sister has a date on Monday!!! This is HUGE! She has been stuck in that abusive relationship for so long, I didn't think this would ever happen. This guy is her old boss' cousin and had actually tried to set them up for over two years! He's driving here to pick her up and take her to a restaurant here - even though he lives 3 hours away.

Tom - glad you're back! And the picture is nice! Glad we get to put that face with the name. Sounds like you're making wonderful progress! I had a bad slip up last night - this having my sister here full time is messing me up! She lost probably 70 pounds years ago and now can indulge in things without problem. My problem is I think I can indulge in them as well and now this morning I feel like crap. The holidays really screwed me this year too and I am having a hard time getting 100% compliant again. To reiterate what Beth said, this truly is a lifelong process - not just as diet.

Beth - you have come such a long way - even in the past year! I've seen such positive changes in your workouts - and even with the hard year you had.

Diane - I'm so glad your art class is going to be fun! Yay! How funny about the older lady giving the new young guy the "rules". hehehe

Rachel - YAY on the scale drop! That's awesome!!!

Off to the treadmill! Have a GREAT DAY!!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:26 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Well, I actually ended up signing up for TWO 5Ks. YIKES! SO I have to get running again. My problem in the new town is there's not a lighted place to run like I used to at the big school. I need to do my workouts early in the a.m. because of all the activities my dds are involved in. I'm hitting the treadmill today and going to try and run for as long as I can. My sister has a date on Monday!!! This is HUGE! She has been stuck in that abusive relationship for so long, I didn't think this would ever happen. This guy is her old boss' cousin and had actually tried to set them up for over two years! He's driving here to pick her up and take her to a restaurant here - even though he lives 3 hours away.

Tom - glad you're back! And the picture is nice! Glad we get to put that face with the name. Sounds like you're making wonderful progress! I had a bad slip up last night - this having my sister here full time is messing me up! She lost probably 70 pounds years ago and now can indulge in things without problem. My problem is I think I can indulge in them as well and now this morning I feel like crap. The holidays really screwed me this year too and I am having a hard time getting 100% compliant again. To reiterate what Beth said, this truly is a lifelong process - not just as diet.

Beth - you have come such a long way - even in the past year! I've seen such positive changes in your workouts - and even with the hard year you had.

Diane - I'm so glad your art class is going to be fun! Yay! How funny about the older lady giving the new young guy the "rules". hehehe

Rachel - YAY on the scale drop! That's awesome!!!

Off to the treadmill! Have a GREAT DAY!!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
TGIF Slimmers!

Scale was up 1 lb this morning. Not sure why. I am doing super good with my eating. I am feeling slimmer and my jeans are fitting better.

I am going to try to post every day to help keep me motivated. I know thats what i need to do.

Charlene: when are the 5ks? I am hoping to run another one in March and possibly April.

Beth: how cold is it there? We are having crazy weather here. It suppose to be 62* today and 29* sunday.

Diane: hang in there with your comp class!

Tom: glad to see you are still with us!
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Geez its cold again. We had a freeze warning again last night. I think its 40 now and may get up to 50. Its overcast so we don't have the sun to help us warm up! And I slept really well. The owners of the place downstairs were here painting last night and I didn't hear them leave, which was after we were in bed. Their old tenants would slam their car doors and be so loud they would wake us up all the time. Goes to show that it is possible to not be so intrusive. The scale is down 1 pound so I'm into the 30s. Not happy to be retreading old ground, but then again am very happy that I have been back on plan for 9 days and I've lost 4 pounds in a week. I'll take it! DH is sick and we have a big gig tonight in Sonoma. I'm hoping I don't get it either. Today I want to hit the gym for some cardio and run up to Trader Joe's to get some more of the protein bars that I tried yesterday Power Crunch. It was so good. 9 g carbs, which is kinda high, but only 4 of sugar, no sugar alcohols. They are like a crispy waver bar, and I do miss things that are crunchy. I really need something when I do my weight workout because I'm not as strong as I was with more carbs in my diet. I could really tell it yesterday. I leave the gym shaking. There is no way I could do cardio after that workout. Thus the reason I've changed things up.

Charlene--2 5ks? That'll get you motivated. I'm not a runner. I was for a little bit back in my late 20s. But with respiratory problems and now knee problems, that just can't be part of my exercise routine. Maybe after I get my weight down more I cn think about walking but I'm not seeing it. So biking and rowing are now my things. Although I did learn about runner's high during that short time I was running. I love that feeling that you think you can go forever. I get it now on the bike or rower. The first 15 minutes are so tedious and want to stop and then I break through and feel like I can keep going. Very cool that your sister is going on a date. I hope she enjoys it. 3 hours is a long way to drive for a date.

Rachel--pack up that food for the choir competition. My former roommate lives in Crete and I used to live very close to it. Scales can be fickle sometimes. I bet the pound will be gone tomorrow. As long as you're feeling good and your clothes are fitting better, then alls well.

Diane--how are your ds(s), feeling better? I bet you are excited to get back to school/painting (not so much the other stuff). What are you up to today?

Tom--how ya doing?

Have a great day. Going to finish my tea and get moving.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #68

Hi all!

Just got back from the grocery store. My food for tomorrow is ham with pepperjack cheese, celery sticks, almonds, flax muffin, atkins granola bar and bottled water. I hope to supplement with a side salad and bunless burger at the competition. We are leaving Saturday at 7:00 AM and hope to be back home Sunday at 3:30 AM.

beth: Hope your DH feels better soon! Hope you don't get it either.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #69

Just a quick Good Morning Slimmers!! We are hitting the road. I hope everyone has a great day! I will try to check back in sometime tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

The scale was down 1.5 pounds today and I gotta say I didn't see that coming. I was actually expecting to be up a bit since I really didn't drink that much water yesterday considering how long the day was. I made it to the gym and did my cardio workout. We had a gig last night and it was awesome! Sound was great, the place was great, I was in a good mood. It was a beautiful sunny, albeit cold, January day for a drive up to wine country. We were home by 11:15. We had a guest sax player for the first set and I loved it. But after a workout and playing the gig my left leg/sciatica was KILLING me and I couldn't get to sleep. I finally had to take something strong for it so I could sleep. I'm going to see how I feel later before deciding whether or not to go to the gym today. I'll go see the chiropractor on Monday. I feel a nap coming on.

Rachel--you sure were out early today. Hope you have a great show and the choir rocks it. Stay strong with your food plan (you're so good at that) and I look forward to hearing about it tomorrow.

Charlene--How's it going today? What's up for the weekend?

Diane--What's up with you?

Tom--And you?

Time for a relaxing day.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Scale was up .4 this morning. I'm sure it had to do with some weekend fun we had - staying up too late, eating legal but too much again. I've got to get this back under control. And I'm feeling hungry so much again. I hate that feeling.

Friday night we had ballgames and then to the friend's house until almost 1:00 a.m. Last night movies until almost midnight and then took a little "boyfriend" home of dd14. Not sure if they are friends or like each other. I remember those days. They didn't speak at a ball game the other day and then she asks if he can come over and play video games. hehehe Yesterday was one of those very lazy days....love those.

Rachel - I have a 5K on Jan. 26 and Feb 9. I've been running off and on for a year, but I need to make sure I can maintain the pace for 3 miles. I'm not afraid to walk and I have in several of my runs. We'll see. I bet you are one tired lady with that schedule! I have been eating lots of celery stick too lately. Love them with PB2 and pimento cheese.

Beth - Temps dropped fast here last night too! Brrrr. I mean we were wearing shorts and short sleeves all day yesterday and then around 8:00 p.m. the cold front blew in. Yay on the unexpected scale drop!!! That's awesome!! Glad the gig was fun - were you helping with the sound? Is that all the time now?

Diane - What's new with you this weekend?

Tom - I'm not a daily weigh-er either. I like to weigh once a week, but here after the holidays, just to get me moving and hold me accountable, I have been weighing to make sure I stay under that 2 number. I do feel way more focused emotionally and in such great spirits when I am compliant. My energy level is through the roof - can't wait to get that feeling again- it's one of the main things that keeps me sticking to plan - I tell myself - "remember how this feels!"

Treadmill for 30 then church and chores later. Sister went back to her house this morning to check her pipes with a freeze coming and to pick up some more things. I know she will come back because all her stuff is here.

Have a GREAT day!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Well the scale took back that 1.5 pound loss. No worries. I know I didn't drink nearly enough water the last few days and I've not done anything to cause that to be permanent so I'm sure a day or two of enough water and all will be well. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday. The drug I took for the pain on Friday night left me really groggy and my body was pretty sore. I am going this morning though. I slept great last night and feel great today. I have to do taxes today, must pay dh's estimated tax. And I need to get ready for this tax season. I also received an inquiry from a recruiter. We'll see how that goes.

Charlene--I've been doing sound for the band for the last six months. I almost quit on NYE, but I like doing it and when it goes great I love it. Its a little extra cash (and I mean little) but its time I get to spend with dh and I'm learning something new. That scale can sure be fickle, but there are such things as daily fluctuations so I don't get too upset if it goes up a little bit. Good for you, holding your sister's stuff hostage so she comes back.

Rachel--great job by the choir! I know you're taking your dd back to college. We're all here for you.

Diane--haven't heard from you in a few days. Everything OK?

Tom--how goes it.

DH is waiting for me to get to the gym. BBL.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

Made it to the gym today with dh and did my leg intensive weight workout. Hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow. I've noticed that I'm not quite so weak after the workout. Not as strong as I was, but not nearly as weak. Think I'm going to make some chicken soup today. We have leftover rotisserie chicken I'll throw in. Its really cold here today, it was 29 degree this morning! I'm still in ketosis. And I noticed that my muffin top isn't quite so muffiny. Gonna keep on keepin on.

Have a great afternoon!

BTW--NINERS RULE!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Did a bicep/tricep/ab workout this morning. I actually went out on to the roads yesterday evening and got in 3 miles. I froze my patootie off. My ears and neck were frigid. I will definitely be covering those next time.

It's 30 and sleeting here right now. Brrrrr.....

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #75

Good morning slimmers!

Wow what a weekend! Saturday our show choir was amazing. They placed 3rd runner up out of 11 show choirs. The good part is they have improved so much and it was only their 1st competition. Only 10 points seperated 1 st runner up and 3rd runner up while 2 points seperated 2nd runner up and us. So we were within 10 points of 1st runner up.

Got DD18 dropped off yesterday. As she would say I am a train wreck right now. Its like August all over again. I am sure my 3 hours of sleep sunday morning and my 21 hour day on Saturday arent helping me right now.

Scale is up to 137.5 this morning. i am still on plan but i have the no care attitude of low carbing right now.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

The scale was down 1/2 pound from yesterday but still a pound up from my siggie. I don't think I drank as much water yesterday as I had hoped. And I probably ate more. DH is still sick and he was up and down all night, which meant I was up and down all night, so I'm pretty tired today. I hope to make it to the gym today but it will be later.

Charlene--cold here too! I don't do cold anymore. I spent 4 decades in Chicago and I'm so over cold. Good for you for getting outside and walking.

Rachel--I'm sure being overly tired is affecting how you are feeling. Once you get some sleep you'll feel better, you might still be a train wreck, but you will feel better. Just keep checking in. Awesome job by the choir!

Diane--where are you? I'm getting concerned.

Hi Tom!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:39 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I slept in and did no exercise. I am sore! My sister has an interview today at a Walmart Distribution Center. She is pumped! She was starting to get frustrated with the job hunt because she spends HOURS daily on my computer. It's Friday - Sunday a little over 12 hour days and off the rest of the week!

Rachel - Before you know it, especially with your busy schedule, your dd will be home for the summer and you will be Pinteresting and having a wonderful time! I can't even imagine a 21 hour day! Whew!

Beth - Did you get to the gym yesterday? How are those workouts coming? It actually sleeted yesterday and Texas drivers are not too smart when it comes to that. There were accidents along every overpass on I45 yesterday according to our news stories.

Diane - Where are you? I hope you are just so busy that you haven't had time to post and that you didn't get sick or anything.

Tom - How about you? Are you off on another business trip?

Have a great day everyone!! Lots of basketball for me this week.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #78

Good Morning Slimmers!

I am feeling a little better today; not quite a train wreck anymore. DS15 is doing a pretty good job stepping up and keeping me company in the evenings.

I forgot to weigh before I got dresses this morning.

charlene: Thanks! 21 hour days are the norm in the show choir world. It's exhausting but so worth it to see DS15 up on that stage. Congrats to your sister on her interview!

beth: How's your DH feeling? It's cold here too. Yesterday's high was in the lower 20s.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Its really cold again. They said we would get to seasonable temperatures by Thursday. At least its not raining. The scale is up 1/2 pound today. Looks like I'm going to play with that same 1.5 pounds this week. Not really surprising, it tends to go like that. Lose 4 one week, lose nothing the next. I'm starting to feel like I'm coming down with something, but I have been sleeping really well which is good. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday. My hamstrings were so sore! That always happens after and intensive leg workout for me. I'll just have to plan to take a day off after those workouts. I am going today to do cardio. Low level cardio, keeping my heartrate down is actually good for the immune system, high intensity not so much.

Charlene--I know what you mean, most drivers get a little freaked out by sleet and don't know how to drive in it. I remember when I lived in Chicago the first snow fall of the season there would be a lot of accidents because folks forgot how to drive in snow. Its not the same as dry pavement. That happens here when we have the first rain of the season, we forget how to drive on wet pavement.

Rachel--The choir competition circuit seem pretty brutal. Do the kids compete every weekend? What do they judge the choirs on? Glad to hear you're feeling better. Its quite the adjustment to have a kid leave for college. My nephew came back last week for spring semester and won't see his family (other than us) until May.

Diane? Tom? Where are you?

must finish breakfast for dh

bbl
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I'm alive! I didn't have my laptop for several days (DD was using it for school) and didn't like the idea of posting on my phone. I was the BIGGEST slug over the weekend. I have felt like I've been trying to come down with something for the past week or so, but I never really got sick. However.. I slept like a log most of the weekend! I slept off and on Sat. until about 2pm! Sunday was even later! I did feel kind of icky when I did get up, but not enough to keep me from going to the store, and certainly not enough to keep me from eating! I didn't go to the gym F-Sun, but I did do step class on Monday and felt fine.

My weight has still been hanging in the low 90s.. my eating has been better, but still too MUCH. Today I seem to be doing a LOT better. It's like that switch clicked on in my head, and I know I'm really ready to do it. It's scary to me that I gained SO much SO fast, and that it is STICKING. Really freaking me out and getting me down. I really like the Atkins meals, but didn't realize how much FAT and SODIUM are in them! I don't usually do so much fat with my South Beach style eating, so I will have to eat those just occasionally.

Feeling very overwhelmed with my classes right now.. I know, it's the first few weeks, but having to write essays about my major just makes me want to run.. far.. away! Fast! I asked if I can write about what I plan to change my major to.. (art ed) but I haven't heard back yet. That would be SO much easier! She will probably say no, but it was worth a shot! I have to write a 6 page essay EVALUATING an article writing by someone else about my major. Is this professor insane? Why oh why can't we write about interesting things? Fun things? Ohhh gawd help me.

Well, I need to get some stuff done.. I will try to check back later and read all the posts Ive missed the past few days!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Oh thank goodness! The professor said yes! I can write about the other major! Now I feel like I at least stand a fighting chance.. but I still have to write 6 pages by Thursday night!
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! About to hit the treadmill. I'm getting excited about my Dallas 5K run. It's an annual Hot Chocolate race and we get good swag for signing up - a techie hoodie that looks insulated! Plus, I thought I was going alone and was kind of dreading that, but now I'm in a group of 12 fun women with a place to stay!

My sister's interview went well but she was the 1st of 30 to be interviewed and she was kind of frustrated about that - and told the guy, I hope since I'm first you remember me! LOL She said she tooted her own horn as mush as possible to put in his mind about her good work ethic. She went back to her house to check on water pipes and such since it's been so cold and is staying there a couple days to make sure the gas heater is working correctly. It went out on her one night while she was there so she wants to see if it was a fluke or if it was clogged or something before she leaves it on low again and comes back. If she gets the job, she wants to spend the working days here and her off days there fixing up her house to sell. I told her NOT to call him. Hope she listens.

Diane - so glad to see you back! So happy you get to write about art ed instead of the other. I can't imagine writing 6 pages critiquing something someone else wrote. lol Hope you get to feeling better physically and do better on your eating. I actually had a breakfast and lunch Atkins meal yesterday.

Rachel - glad your ds is keeping you grounded. Hope it just gets better everyday.

Beth - hope you aren't getting sick. As weird as it is, I like getting sore - I feel like I've accomplished something if I can feel the sore muscles.

Tom - get yourself back in here and give us an update!

Have a great day! It rained a lot yesterday and froze last night - wondering if the roads are bad.....
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

The Prodigal Low Carb Friend

Okay, Okay, I'm back again. Just been busy and caught a horrible cough that required a visit to my doctor and some serious drugs (so if this switches into something incoherent you will know why).

After two week of zero carbs, unless i breathed some in, I fed myself some carbs on Sunday night. OMG! I didn't know that carbs could taste so good. The Fuji apple was heavenly; I think my sweet receptors had been magnified since they had been used for a few weeks. The cottage cheese (low fat) with a little pineapple incredible. And . . . .this is where I may have jump ship a little, I rewarded myself with a small piece of Edwards Key Lime pie and a Lagunita's beer . I hope I'm not kicked out now.

Anyway my low carb plan is to start out very austere (which I did), and then go into a low carb mode with a once a week reasonable reward (like every Saturday night). I think this will work for me, I'll just have to watch the scale.

Speaking of scales, when I went to the doctor I had my first weigh in after two weeks of no/low carbs. This is the same scale that I weighed in on so I feel good about it. In two weeks I dropped 14 pounds. Now I know that much of this will be water weight (although I drink lots of water) and future week's loses should be closer to 2 to 3 pounds but I did what I wanted to do, a quick start. So thanks for everyone's support and encouraging words. 14 pounds down and 86 more pounds to go.

I'll try and post again by Friday but I can tell you that I'm going through a rough period right now with being sick and being constantly hungry. It's weird. And this too shall pass. Text to you all soon. T

Last edited by iamno1; 01-16-2013 at 09:44 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

TOM! Awesome on the weight loss!!! 14 pounds in 2 weeks - incredible!! Hey, whatever works for you is what you stick to! I never did induction this time around - never counted carbs - just chose to eat low carb. Sometimes it's no carbs. I was pretty strict until this past holiday, but my weakness, when I delve into the "real" sweets arena, I lose control and spiral downhill fast. I have to remind myself that's what got me here to begin with. I love my Quest bars for the sweetness and PB2 on celery helps as well. I also make some pumpkin protein bars. Even then, I find myself staving off the cravings for sweets so I have to be very careful. But that is the difference in this time and the previous times. I can get back on track. So proud for you! Love the profile pic by the way!!! What's its name? We are pooch lovers around here.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

GDI! I got dh's nasty virus and am sick. I have finally been starting to feel great and now I don't. He was up all night coughing and hacking which meant I got no sleep, which is what you really need when you're trying to fight something. I am so mad . No working out for a while for me. I really have to get over this because it is so easy for me to get really really sick like I did last year. And the band has 2 new gigs, one on this Saturday night and one on Feb 8th (along with ones already booked on Jan 27 and Feb 14). OH did I mention the scale was down a pound (so now I am 1/2 pound above my most recent lowest weight)

Tom--AWESOME loss. Weigh to go! (pun intended). I know all about feeling sick. ARG. We would never kick you out. Once your in, you're in for life. If you try to get out, we'll pull you back in. After not eating sugar for a few weeks, the sweetness in fruit really stands out, our taste buds reset themselves.

Charlene--I hope that your sister gets the job. Just remember that she set the bar that everyone else has to measure up to. The honor spots are first and last. When is your Dallas 5k?

Diane--so good to see you. Have fun at art class tonight. Great that you get to write about something close to your heart.

Gotta to pick up mom's scans and then go meet with the grief counselor. Then home and back to bed. I feel yucky.

Hi Rachel
Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #86
Junior LCF Member

My New Avatar's Name

Two postings in one day! I'm a changed man . . . . . not. This will surely be short and sweet.

Charlene: My current avatar which as you've seen I like to change a lot, is Chopper, our English bulldog.

Beth: Sorry to hear you are sick . . . . welcome to the club.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #87

Just a quick HELLO before I am back out the door. I have a show choir booster meeting tonight. I will try to check in tomorrow morning.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Weight training day. I did run 20 minutes yesterday so with the 3 mile walk/run I did Sunday, I feel pretty confident I can make the first course on the 26th and then the Dallas 5K is February 9th. Thank goodness we will see sunshine for the next several days. It's been sooooo cold and dreary here. Not my favorite weather.

Beth - so sorry you have the virus and hope you feel better soon. Nothing like getting into a good routine and then sickness taking you down a notch.

Rachel - your fleeting posts crack me up. If I didn't get up so dang early, I'd be doing the same thing. It's a busy life hauling kids around. Tonight is actually my ONLY night off this week. Then I have a busy weekend of basketball, cooking for the hospitality room for the tournament, and having girls over for the weekend who live far out in the country so they will be close to the gym and their parents don't have to be here so early. I'm 1.7 miles from the school.

Diane - how was class? Did you get your still life done? What did you choose to do?

Tom - 2 posts in one day! Holy cow! Chopper is a fine looking animal. I lost a dear boxer, Bruiser, this past summer when he got spooked by fireworks at the lake and bolted - never to be found. We spent weeks looking, advertising, and mourning him and with absolutely no leads, we just prayed someone took him and is giving him a good home. He was my buddy and I miss him. We have 3 cats too.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #89

Morning Slimmers!

Scale is at 137 this morning. Was really hoping I would see a loss this week but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Spent 5 hours last night at the school for show choir. I have already spent a couple hours today working on show choir stuff. It sure does keep me busy and I guess I need that with DD18 away.

beth: Hope you feel better soon!

charlene: We only live a couple miles from the school too in a subdivision on the outside of town. I can't imagine living very far away from the school.

diane: Hang in there with your classes!

tom: Hi! Congrats on your weight loss!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all,

I'm really sick. I had a fever yesterday/last night. Still feel yucky today. I'm not doing much of anything today, not planning on leaving the house today. I'm hoping a good day of rest will help me kick this thing. I don't do sick well.

Charlene--how was your sister's interview. Enjoy your evening off, sounds like you have a busy weekend. The band booked yet another gig yesterday, this one at a winery in February.

Rachel--I forgot to weigh this morning, and when I'm sick, staying on plan isn't even in my thought process. I want comfort food!

Diane--How was class last night?

Tom--Chopper is a great looking animal. Hope you are feeling better also.

I'm doing paper work today since I don'e feel like going out or vegging in front of the TV all day.