Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Charlene: Oh! I didn't even put Tom and TOM together! I see what you mean! Maybe we can call it PIB (for pain in the butt) or PIA === I have made a similar buffalo dip with chicken, its the same except it has cheddar cheese and doesn't call for yogurt. Yours sounds pretty yummy too! My DD really loves it. === Hey I saw a commercial for the Atkins frozen entrees, are they very expensive? I haven't seen them in the store here yet. I should check Walmart, they usually have the things that Kroger doesn't. How do they compare in price to Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice?

Rachel: I know, even after a big whoosh, you still hope for more the next day! I hoped for at least 3 lbs down, but 2-ish is fine. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be back in the 80s. Ugh.. I wish I was saying "back in the 70s"

Beth: Yay for being in ketosis! Sounds like you had a great workout at the gym!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Diane - they were 3.48 each and the breakfast ones were a little cheaper. Too much, in my opinion, but I bought a few for those days I need something quick. I hope after the new wears off, they will reduce the prices. However, they were flying off the shelf in my Walmart. Hardly any left when I grabbed mine.
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/232.5/234 by 7/21/14
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning everyone!

Well, I went and did it. I got on the scale. I didn't want to know but I also know that seeing the scale go down helps to motivate me so I did it. It wasn't as bad as I feared, but it wasn't good either. I'm heading to the gym today to do a weight workout, the grocery store and stuff around the house. We aren't taking our tree down until next Tuesday, which is the day after Serbian Orthodox Christmas. I've updated my go for this challenge. I gotta believe that if I eat cleaner and since I'm working out regularly I should be able to hit my goal. I've got my first big glass of water down and I'm going to make my shopping list, hit the grocery store and then the gym.

Charlene-Happy Anniversary! How interesting that both you and Rachel have anniversaries days apart. 27 years--awesome! WTG on staying on plan yesterday and for getting out the 2's. I know you're relieved.

Rachel--feeling any better? You may be surprised with a whoosh tomorrow! I think that bff's niece majored in elementary ed, considering where she teaches. Her mom was a kindergarten teacher for years. She just retired this year.

Diane--I don't know where that whoosh fairy is, but I think she has several people waiting on her! How was step class today?

OK--on with the day. I got sidetracked yesterday and I don't want to do the same today.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: iamno1
Stats: 340/326/240
WOE: hybrid Atkins Bauer
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks group . . . . I am humbled . . . . It may take a little while to get to know all your names (even though all I have to do is scroll up a few lines). I think its the extra pounds right now that is making me lazier than the average bear. My plan is to stick around this group (if you'll have me) and hopefully not bore you all with my trials, tribulations, and triumphs too. I'll share a little about me very soon and will also post a picture once I figure how to do it. I'm 56 years old, have my undergrad in Computer Science and my Masters in International Business, retired from Anheuser Busch after 33 years and then after 4 weeks of retirement went back to work in Atlanta for RockTenn Corp because . . . . . . I wanted more money to really retire. I'm married and have 3 great children (adults now). I live and work in Atlanta while my family lives in Farmington, MO at least for now. And that's all I've got to say about that. (Can you name the movie?) I'm doing good carbing down and hope you all have a great weekend and meet/exceed your goals. PS I think it's going to be sirloin steak tonight.
iamno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all!

I went to the gym and did a weight workout. I am finding them harder than I usually do, probably because I'm in that transition to fat burning. But I certainly worked up, as Charlene would say, a sweat-ful. I'm going to make some chili this weekend. It makes a great quick lunch with the leftovers.

Tom-we're glad to have you. Group support is really helpful and I personally love the group and the people in it. The movie is "Forrest Gump"

Well I"m gonna try to get a few things done.

Have a good one!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Hmm, I had a pretty darn good day! I don't know if any of you saw my post on fb about taking the fish oil, but WOW! I had no idea what the benefits were except for heart health or whatever, but about 4 hours after taking it my mood was unbelievable! It was weird, let me tell you! That was me lol.. anyway, after the crazy singing/dancing euphoria wore down, I just felt GOOD all day. Balanced. Healthy. I never knew fish oil is good for mood and SO many other things. I have a few friends who take it but they both said they never had that happen, but I probably noticed it more because the past year has been pretty crappy, and my mood has been funky.

I may be going out to dinner with my workout buddy tomorrow night. She has a gift card to Montgomery Inn, and her DH doesn't like places like that, so she asked if I would go and she would split the card with me! I have to check ahead of time and see what they have that I can eat.. I do NOT plan on cheating already!

Charlene: I did find the Atkins meals at Walmart (yep, they were exactly 3.48), then later checked Kroger and of course they didn't have them yet. I bought one of each except for the one that had mushrooms in it. I had the italian sausage one for dinner tonight. Pretty tasty! Which have you tried and what do you like so far? For a treat I got the Atkins brownie bars (I just HAD to try - yum!)

Beth: Oh my.. chili.. I LOVE chili, which means I cant make ANY kind of chili when I'm trying to be very good - because I can't stop eating it!

Rachel: Did you have fun shopping? Get anything good? I did a little shopping today too.. made a Marshall's run for a few gym shirts.

Tom: Lucky! Sirloin steak! One of my favs, but I haven't had it in forever. Don't ever worry about boring us.. I'm more worried about boring YOU! I tend to ramble sometimes
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Another pound gone. I know this first drop is a lot of water. I was pretty swollen at the first of the week. Swung by Applebee's on the way home from the bb game last night and had steak and shrimp with double veggies instead of potatoes for my anniversary dinner. Very yummy. Besides my coffee in the mornings, I've been sticking to water.

Beth - I'm glad you got confirmation on the scale. I had not weighed during the holidays except when I got weighed at the dr and was only 2 pounds above my lowest siggy weight. After all the bad stuff I ate, I just kept thinking it was okay to keep eating it and it almost got out of control. When I stepped on the scale at the first of this week, I was repeating, "Please don't be 200" over and over - I knew it was. And then when it was 203, my heart sunk. But what a good swift kick in the butt it was! Where I usually only weigh once a week, I have been stepping on the scale everyday this week because that loss, no matter how small, is what is fueling my fire.

Diane - that's awesome about the fish oil effects on you. I have not tried it. I may have to. I bet you can find something good to eat at the restaurant. That's cool she asked you to go...and maybe since she works out, she won't be trying to sabotage your food choices. The only meal I have eaten is the Crustless Chicken Pot Pie. It was very tasty!

Tom - my name is Charlene - it's not in my signature. So tell us, are you following a certain plan? I was always pretty old school Atkins, except this time around, I knew the plan, but chose to do things my way. I don't count carbs, but I choose low carb foods, and if my family is eating something carby I love, I find a low carb version of it on the internet and make it. CarbQuik has been one of my saving graces. I have also worked out more this time around and it makes me feel awesome. I have stuck to the plan over a year now with a bump in the road during the holidays, but before I had never stuck to it faithfully over a few months at a time. I believe my mindset has changed now and I am in this for life. I am the mother of 3 children - one married boy and two girls still at home. I'm a special education counselor serving several school districts in Texas.

Rachel - hope you're on the mend!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by sports_mom; 01-05-2013 at 06:00 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

The scale was down a pound this morning. I didn't sleep all that great last night so I'm a little groggy this morning. Dh has already headed to the gym but I will go later after I wake up. Today is cardio for me. Not a lot planned for the weekend, which is fine by me. I think I've fighting a bit of a cold too.

Charlene- sounds like a yummy anniversary dinner! Probably a lot of your gain was also water, so if you're losing water weight it's a legitimate loss. I really retain water with too much wheat or sugar so I am glad to have those gone. I also find that my joints don't hurt as much when I'm off of wheat and sugar.

Diane-clearly you've been missing some essential fatty acid (efa) in your diet if you had such a boost. Awesome. Several years ago I suffered from a serious case of pms. A friend of mine worked with a doc that used all kinds of supplementation. I went to see him and one of things he put me on was primrose oil which is an efa. What a huge difference. He was really ahead of his time.

Rachel- how are you feeling? Getting better?

Tom-how was that steak last night?

Must get going. Have a great day!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

FINALLY, back in the 80's, but barely! I was 189.8 this morning. My eating was good, although there were a couple things at dinner that weren't the best for me to eat.. I had the pulled smoked chicken (with the bun) and a baked sweet potato (which is allowed) BUT it came with this yummmmy cinnamon butter that was sweet (honey maybe?).. good good stuff! I didn't eat ANYthing else at the restaurant, and I drank water. I didn't feel over-stuffed afterwards either. Scale was down this morning, that's all that matters!

Feels SO good to have my hair cut again. I don't get it cut that often because since it's long and layered I can let it go until my ends are looking raggedy. I finally bought what my stylist calls "crack for hair".. Moroccan Oil! Anyway, I feel more prepared to hit the job interviews with good hair

Beth: Yes, I guess I was missing something! It was so weird, but felt great. I woke up yesterday in a gloomy funky mood again, but about 4 hours after taking it again although I didn't get that same "fish oil high" I DID notice around that same time, I just felt GOOD, and balanced, which lasted all day.

Charlene: I bought the crustless pie, but haven't tried it yet. I ate one of the breakfast meals on the way (yes in the car) to getting my hair done, and it was good! I can't see eating them every day because of the price, but they ARE comparable in price and amount to the other brands. I hope they don't disappear like the South Beach meals did! (they had a southwestern wrap thing that was SO good I ate em every day for a while!

Rachel: How was your weekend?

Tom: How's it going? You got me thinking about steak now, but I don't have a grill!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Hello all: I think I'm starting to get some of the names down now. . . . dah!

Charlene: A pleasure to make your internet acquaitance (that goes for all you all - I'm in the South now). Right now my plan is a little Helter Skelter with just a dietary suicidal plan on losing some weight quickly through a no/low carb plan to at least get a start on feeling better. Remember I said I'm starting at 340 pounds and it has started handicapping me in my daily activity. I think this is my 5th day and I've been religious in staying away from carbs and already notice a difference. I will modify and get reasonable with the plan once I lose 20 to 30 pounds.

Beth: The steak was fantastic. Very hunger satisfying too.

Diane: Pan searing is good! A little olive oil and the stove set on high makes a great way to get that steak at my preferred medium rare level. It also does a great job of testing the smoke detectors in the house to ensure they are still operational. Why do I want to call you Annie?

Question to group: I would like to post my picture so you can all see the man behind the text . . . .what's the trick? Cheers! Talk to you all soon.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

I'm down a 1/2 pound this morning. I like the direction that things are going right now-anything downwards is good. I never made it to the gym yesterday. My legs were KILLING me from the workout the day before, which was legs intensive. Note to self: plan to have a day off from the gym after the leg intensive workout. I need to plan better. There were a lot of squats and lunges (like 156 of them) which is fine for someone younger, but with my bad knees (which didn't hurt by the way) that is something to workup to. When I started working out 18 months ago I couldn't do any of them, so while its taken a long time to get here, I've come a long way in terms of fitness for an old lady. I will be going to the gym for cardio today. I'm changing my routine so that instead of going to the gym 3x a week and doing weights and cardio on the same day, I'm going to go 6x times a week and do cardio 4x and weights 2x (maybe I'll squeeze in a day to do both wts and cardio). It means I'm only there for an hour (rather than two) so hopefully the motivation to get there will not take so much effort. When I go back to work I may need to change that schedule I never got out of my pjs yesterday. I had a headache, my legs were screaming at me, and it was raining. So I did laundry and starting sorting through my mom's writing to get it ready to get scanned. It was a nice cozy day. But I'm feeling better today and ready to get at it! Gonna make some chili today.

Diane-you're hair looks great. I have some Moroccan Oil for my hair too, but the one I use makes mine more curly since my hair has a lot of curl in it. WTG in getting back into the 80s. I'm ready to get back into the 30s (arggghh).

Charlene--how are you doing? What's on the agenda for today?

Rachel--how are things with you this weekend?

Hi Tom!

Its breakfast time. I had my water and working on my tea and now its time to eat.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my! I just had the Atkins Crustless Pot Pie for lunch! I didn't expect it to be so good! It not only tasted great, but was just great on a freezing cold day like this.. comfort food! I'm going back to Walmart today to get some more!!! I hope they stick around and that they have more variety soon. I occasionally will eat some of the whole grain type entrees from Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine, but heck, I'll totally switch to these! Mmm a beef pot pie would be good.. hope they make one soon. I checked the Atkins site and apparently only Walmart carries them.. wonder if Kroger will ever get them? (Walmart just isn't as convenient to get to).

So if you girls saw my new pics I posted, you probably saw the ummm... frappuccino in my hand! Yeeeahh, I have not given those up! It is my ONE vice, and my only cheat, but its also a "cheat" that I have been able to get away with and still lose since it's so low cal and has sf mocha. So if I say I have had a "no cheat" day or that my eating has been perfect, it doesn't mean I didn't have my frapp!

Biggest Loser starts tonight, and Jillian is back! Yay! Can't wait!

Beth: Oh yeah, lunges and squats! We do a LOT of those in my classes. There are times my knees say "Hey!" and I have to go easy for a while. I really think it is mostly due to the old dead shoes I was wearing for too long. === Good idea to do weights and cardio on different days, that's what I used to do when I did the weight machines. I kind of miss those machines, but we do so much strength training with bars, bands, and arm weights in my classes, I don't know if I should do the machines!

Charlene: What are you up to today?

Rachel: Hi! how are ya?

Tom: I know, it's confused a lot of people. They usually call me Annie at first until I correct them Annie is a nickname my dad has called me my whole life. === I'm just not GOOD at making steak! I have made a decent sirloin on a gas grill (with guidance) but if I want a steak fix, I usually just get a steak burrito bowl from Chipotle. Sometimes I get the little individual beef filets and broil them, but not quite the same as a grilled steak Anyway, I mostly follow South Beach style eating mixed with Atkins, and sugar free mocha light frappuccino's (I think I get away with it because I work out 6 days a week an hour a day (two hours on Sundays and sometimes Sat). I'm a divorced mom of 4 grown kids (my youngest JUST turned 18), and I'm going back to school... almost done.=== To add a picture, click on "user control panel" in the blue bar above, and then click on "edit avatar" under settings and options, and you can upload it from your computer.

Last edited by Annie64; 01-06-2013 at 11:51 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon!

I made it to the gym and did 25 minutes on the rower and 30 on the bike. But I gotta say, I just can't do the intensity thatwas doing before until my body kicks in fat burning, my muscles were not feeling very strong. and it might be that I'll have to modify my diet for more carbs to support the working out. I'm definitely in ketosis though.

Tom--I must have missed you earlier. We had steak last night. We had a big ole porterhouse that we threw on the grill, had some homemade coleslaw and some broccoli. It was mighty good. I just had tuna salad after my workout since I was feeling a little weak.

Diane--I totally understand that your frap is a part of your plan and not a cheat. I'm going to try to go for a while before succumbing to SBX. When I'm doing weights there is a lot of work on balance and core as well as strength. I'm so much more flexible then I've ever been. Maybe someday I'll be able to go to a class. While I've come a very long way, my knees are going to be a limiting factor until I get them replaced some decade.

Hope you're all (or all y'all as they say in the south) having a good Sunday.

Last edited by bethr; 01-06-2013 at 04:50 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Up and at 'em and back to work today. I so enjoyed my time off and as we sat and watched a movie last night, dh said, "I'm ready for spring break." LOL I told him I'm ready for summer. My sister came in and has been here a couple days. Actually filled out a couple job applications as well. Maybe this time she'll stay....
Spent several hours geocaching Saturday. Pretty fun and we saw some great wildlife while out. Yesterday I was so lazy! Didn't get up and get going until I had to take the kids to youth. I was truly enjoying my last free day at home.

Diane - yay for the 80's! I know even if it's right on the edge it's a great feeling to see what you're doing working. Glad you got your hair cut again - and are feeling great with the fish oil. Those pot pies are the bomb, huh!? I actually grabbed about 3 of those when I got my stash because I had already heard from someone else on here they were good. My sister cooked squash casserole last night and with the remainder that wouldn't fit in the big pan - she made me three little pot pie tins for me to freeze and take for lunches. I have a lot now to get me through the first couple weeks back at work. I also love Biggest Loser and am pumped Jillian is back. I record it and watch it later so I cna fast forward through commercials.

Beth - Sounds like you had a good leg workout. I bet my legs will be screaming this week as I get back into the routine of working out again. It's supposed to be rainy here for a couple days. Can't wait - love the rain and we need it - our little lake needs nourishment. Proud of you for hitting the gym!

Tom - Diane explained how to put an avatar - that little pic to the left every time you post. You can also post right here in the thread. To do that, you also go to user control panel - pictures and albums - add album - name it and submit it - then click on the name of the album and click upload pictures. Browse to find the picture to upload from your computer. Upload. Save changes. Click on the picture you want to include in the post. Scroll down and see BB code. Click it and highlight and copy it. Paste it in here where you are typing. Viola!

Hiya Rachel!!

Heading to my makeshift gym! Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a drive-by posting.. gotta run to step class! The scale was down .6 this morning.. at least it's something, and its during "the visitor" Went back to Walmart and the pickings were very slim on the Atkins meals.. I was able to get the last two pot pies and one more italian sausage meal.. no breakfast meals in sight!

I'll check back in later at work...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

The scale was down another 1/2 pound today! Boy am I feeling tired today. I woke up at 6:30, meditated for a little while and then went back to sleep for another 2 hours! I am supposed to go to the gym today but I am really groggy. I'm sure I'll feel better after I eat something. I didn't work out all that hard yesterday, at least not according to my heartrate monitor. Today I am going to take in all of my mom's writings to have them scanned into pdf form so both my db and I will have them. She wrote and published her first book right around the time I was graduating from college, her second a few years later. She was really scr*#ed over by both publishers and she had all of her correspondence nicely organized. I didn't really know that much about what she went through. It was enlightening. Today is Serbian Orthodox Christmas. I'll take our tree down tomorrow. It is also my mil birthday. She would have been 101 today.

Charlene--maybe I have today what you had yesterday? A touch of chillaxin'. Hope your first day back is grand. Its sunny here today.

Diane--the atkins meals are absolutely no where out here yet. I'll just have to take you word for it. And the closest walmart is 30 miles away so its not a place that I usually shop. We have Target, and Safeway, and Lucky's. Have a good class.

Tom--good morning--have a great day.

I better go eat something to get my energy up and get ready for the day.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Afternoon Slimmers!

My weekend flew by. Lots of shopping on Saturday with DD18. Then Sunday was 10 hours of show choir work at the school. 1st competition is Saturday in Crete (south of Chicago).

I weighed in at 136 this morning. Still hanging in there with a 5 lb loss. I am really hoping to lose a couple more lbs this week. Eating is going great! Drinking water is going pretty good. Exercise is so so.

beth: Congrats on the scale moving downward!!

diane: When does school start back for ya?

charlene: My kids went back to school last Thursday. Not much of a Christmas break for them this year.

tom: Hiya!!
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Well, yesterday turned into a looooong day! After my first day at work after the break - which was hard enough to get back into the swing of things, my sister needed to go home to get some bills and important items but was afraid to go alone with the ex who is abusive and mean in the same town. I didn't want her to go alone either so I volunteered to take my car so he wouldn't recognize the vehicle. It's a 2 hour trip one way, so our night was busy. But, we accomplished all we set out to do, including cleaning out her fridge and tidying up the place and it also ensured she couldn't go home and stay like she always does. She needs this and I am happy she's here.

I did a monster leg workout yesterday and my patootie was feeling it in that 4 hour car drive! LOL I am so sore! Today I'm going to do a treadmill workout with arm weights. Basketball tonight and I think dd14 might have strep! Calling the dr. today - her nodes are swollen on her neck and her throat is killing her. We are in for two days of 100% rain.

Beth - glad you got some rest! That is neat about the books and the writings. My mom actually wrote a book about my dad and went through many publishers but no one ever published it in the end. She still has the manuscript. Enjoy the memories of mil on her special day while you're taking your tree down.

Diane - I was at Walmart last night just to grab a couple of cheap sweaters and I should have looked for more Atkins meals! That never occurred to me. I know they are disappearing though. Hope you are having a great day!

Rachel - glad your shopping trip went well. Back to the long show choir days! I know y'all love it, but I bet it's exhausting at the same time. Glad your eating is going well.

Hiya Tom! Hope you're getting the hang of this board and this way of eating and things are going well for you. Didn't know if you knew this, you can also click that user control panel and it will show you whether or not the threads you're posting in have new posts. You just click to the little check mark next to the name of the thread you are posting in and it will take you to the newest post since you last read/posted.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by sports_mom; 01-08-2013 at 02:43 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Darn visitor is messing with the scale! That 1/2 lb I lost came back today. Boo! Today is my day off from the gym, but I am tempted to do some pilates here at work.. I just don't want to do anything that involves my knees. They seem to be getting a LOT better after getting the new shoes. I wore my bright pink Asics yesterday and got several compliments. They ARE cute.. very BRIGHT though! I don't usually wear such bright colors! People will see me coming a mile away!

Well, moving on with the job search, I applied for a part time job at Children's Hospital. It is farther than I want to drive, but if it's part time it wouldn't be so bad. AND it would be a foot in the door... and med. office experience. I also applied for a place very close by, but that is part time also. Most of the job postings are the same old posts that are ALWAYS on there.

Not very excited about my psychology and intermediate composition classes.. they don't look like they are going to be very fun. The first two essays look like they are going to be HARD.. even for me who has gotten A's on all my essays. Yikes. I was REALLY hoping for fun subjects that would be fun and easy to write about. Oh well, we shall see! Painting II starts tomorrow night!!! First painting is a still life from things from home.. hmmm. Not a big still life fan, but I'll figure it out!

Beth: Being a Cali girl I know Safeway and Lucky's! Don't have them here. My Walmart is about 10 or 15 mins away, but there are two Krogers 5 mins away. I hope Kroger gets them soon! There is another Walmart not that much further I could try too.

Rachel: School started yesterday for my two online classes, and painting II starts tomorrow night! Not looking forward to the homework (except painting!) Feels great to be back on track doesn't it? I just felt so.. WRONG when I was eating bad. Yuck!

Charlene: Wow! Sounds like your sister made the right decision to come stay with you! Jeez, there are SO many things going around right now.. I have been lucky so far that I haven't gotten sick. I need to get through Jan-Feb though because that is when I usually get sick if Im going to get sick, and its usually a doozie.

Tom: Hope you are doing well!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

The scale was down a pound this morning, so that's 3 pounds since I weighed. I didn't weigh in the first two days so I can guess I may have been up another pound or so. Anyway, its great to see it heading in the right direction. I didn't do nuttin' yesterday, I wasn't feeling well at all. I thought I was just groggy but I was also feeling weak and dizzy. I actually made one of the smoothies that I had during that cleanse and added a lot of protein, thinking that my workouts have just stripped the glycogen out of my muscles and that's why I was weak. The smoothies have some carbs in them (1 c raspberries and 1/2 banana). But it didn't make a difference, I was just not feeling well. I feel much better today. I was in ketosis yesterday anyway. I hope to head to the gym after breakfast. I'm getting my hair done today and then we are taking down the xmas decorations. Today is the 14th anniversary of my dad's death. Last week was the 28th anniversary of dh's dad's passing. I'll be glad to get out this time of year with all these anniversaries.

Charlene--I understand those screaming muscles! And sitting in the car for a long time can make it even worse. After reading my mom's files on the publishers she worked with, maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that your mom never got her manuscript published. But you know, she could self publish it through one of the many online sites (blurb. com) is the one that I use. Its pretty easy. Even if she only prints a few books and gives them to family it would be a cool thing to have.

Diane--bright pink shoes, huh? There are some really cute shoes out there and anything that can get you to work out, no matter how bright it may be. Your classes sound fun, I love pyschology. It was one of my favorites. I'll be getting new shoes the end of the month. I've been eyeing a few art classes at the community college that start in a few weeks and I may take one.

Rachel--how are you doing? You seem to be really busy. When does your DD head back to school? I'm sure you're loving having her home.

Tom--Hi! Check in and let us know how you're doing.

Gotta get myself to the gym in the next 15 minutes or I won't make it.

Have a great day.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Pouring rain here. Rained all day yesterday too but today it's suppose to be heavy rain. Potential flooding. We need the rain badly though...so not complaining.

Down another pound even though I had some awful cravings yesterday. I think our visitor friend must be around the corner for me as well. I literally dumped out 2 items this morning that I don't need the temptations of...

My dh surprised me with Bernardi jewelry for our anniversary. It was a beautiful silver necklace and earring set in a drop circle pattern.

Diane - My sister has been on the computer for days applying for jobs. She even drove to one about 25 miles away to fill out an application on their kiosk but they were all full and the guy there said that she could do it online so she came home and did it. I hope something jumps out at you soon as a potential place of work.

Beth - the smoothie sounds yum. I love to put some berries in my protein shakes occasionally. Hope you get to feeling great again soon. You must be eating right to be in ketosis...so good for you.

Hiya Rachel and Tom! Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

The scale was down about a 1/4 pound this morning. I went to the gym yesterday and did cardio, then had my hair cut and colored and then came home and took down the tree and packed up the ornaments and lights. Today I have to take down the rest of the docorations. I was feeling much better yesterday but now dh is coming down with a cold. There has been one going around and he doesn't do sick well. I hope I can miss this one. I don't know if my immune system is really good or really bad right now. Guess I will find out. So today is gym for weights (and maybe cardio), and I must finally take in my mom's writing for scanning which I didn't do on Monday. And there is rehearsal tonight, to get ready for a big gig on Friday.

Charlene--what a nice anniversary gift. My dh has given me some beautiful jewelry over the years, but I rarely wear it. I just don't wear much jewelry other than earrings and only my studs, and my rings. I have two wedding rings, one which is my engagement and wedding ring when we got married, and then dh and I have matching wedding rings that we got on our first anniversary. I also have a beautiful diamond and ruby ring he gave me (it was an estate piece) a few years ago. And I wear my mom's mother's ring, which she wore until the day she died. Its a pinky ring on me.

Diane--we don't have Kroger's out here. We used to have them in Chicago but they seem to have left the city. How are you doing today? Painting class tonight?

Rachel--what's up girlfriend? How are you doing?

Hi Tom-did we lose you?

Have a good day. I'm going to finish my tea, have some breakfast and get going.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been stuck in the 189 range all throughout "the visitor".. which should be packing up and leaving by tomorrow I think.. hopefully a few lbs go with it!

Three of my kids were supposed to meet me at the gym after my step class to change to a family membership.. it's only about 25 bucks more per month to add all of them. Only Em showed up! She said she tried to wake the boys up, but no luck. I gave their names and they can go get their membership cards later. Slugs! I know DS20 especially wants to go back - he loves that gym, so I am kind of surprised HE didn't get up.. but not so much surprised DS22 didn't. It's awesome, they let you add kids up to age 23, so DS22 will have at least until his bday.

I felt icky in step class and I did it without risers. I felt slightly queasy again, but feel fine now. Not sure why that happens but I am keeping track of it, to see if I can figure it out.

Beth: Well, psychology might be interesting, I just hope its not HARD. I don't need a hard class right now.. and I think Eng. Comp is going to hard enough! My first essay, I have to choose an article about my major, and then write 5 pages about it! UGH! Oh you should def. do the art class!!! Can't wait for tonight, but Im not sure if we will start painting anything or not. The syllabus said something about a color wheel, but we did that in painting 1.. oh, maybe we have to do a BIGGER color wheel. Hmm.

Charlene: It's scary looking for a new job, for sure. I have been doing this nanny stuff for so long, I feel out of my element looking for an office job, but I just need to find something and soon! === The weather is strange here, especially this week. Its been really cold, like, the 20s or 30s.. if lucky maybe 40s, but it's supposed to get up to the 60s for several days, and it might even reach as high as 70 on Saturday! I'll take it!

Rachel: How are you doing?

Tom: Hope you are doing well, and haven't given up! If you fall down pick yourself right back up!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #54

Good Afternoon Slimmers!!!

Scale is hanging tough at 136!!! Glad it's not going up but disappointed that it hasn't been down anymore. I know that 5 lbs in 8 days is good though.

Crazy busy with show choir!!! Maybe I can breathe again at the end of March. LOL 1st competition is this weekend. WOO HOO!!! I will post a link for their youtube video whenever it gets posted. I am sure there will be one in the next couple of weeks.

beth: Good job on the exercsising!!

charlene: We are suppose to get rain for the next 3 days starting tomorrow. Then temps are suppose to drop and it might turn to snow.

diane: Enjoy painting tonight!

tom: Hi!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #55

Hi again!

I have so enjoyed having DD18 home for the last month. I seriously blame her (not her personally) going to college on me spiraling out of control with my eating. I take her back to college on Sunday. I am worried that I am going to spiral out of control again. I will be 2 days shy of being back on plan 2 weeks. I know taking her back to college is going to be like starting all over emotionally. Whoever told me it gets easier LIED. lol I am looking for tips, suggestions, whatever to keep me from losing control of my eating.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I did not exercise yesterday because I realized I had paperwork to do for a meeting and worked on that instead - then the meeting got rescheduled.

I signed up for a 5K January 26 close to one of the places we used to work. One of our ex students is fighting cancer - a young mother who just had a baby. This is her second go round. Anyway, it's a benefit run and maybe that will help motivate me to train better.

My sister is still plugging along daily on the computer looking for jobs. She is having to charge her phone in her truck right now and missed 2 calls from a potential employer. It was too late to call him back last night. When she's here, I do things I don't normally do - like last night both dds wanted to watch a scary movie. That thing was creepy! So, dd12 got in the shower and made dd14 stay in the bathroom with her. I couldn't resist - I went to my shower stall which is on the opposite side of the wall and banged and yelled. dd12 jumped out of the shower toward dd14 and took the shower curtain with her. We laughed and laughed....BUT, we had finally calmed down and I got into my evening routine of doing laundry, etc...dh had gone to dinner with an old coach friend and when he walked into the door, I screamed so loud! I had forgot he was gone. We had 2 full days of straight rain. I had to backwash the pool to let water out. Now I think we'll get two sunny days and into the 70's by Saturday!

Rachel - can't wait to watch the show choir video - I think I watched one last year you posted and remember them being very good. I'll be thinking of you Saturday when you take dd18 back. I think it may be different with boys - I cried and felt sad every time my ds left, but I have 2 good friends with dds who had a much harder time. They both spend as much time as possible with them during their stays and then one stays up very late with hers the night before and they watch their favorite taped shows together and have a great talk. But, there are tears every time. I'll bet your dd18 is having conflicting emotions as well - torn between the past, present and future. Do y'all skype? Maybe y'all can 5K train together from afar and keep each other accountable? One good thing about this time vs. last August - You are very busy. I think that will help.

Diane - that's awesome your kids want to work out too. That's a great boost for you too, I bet...and what an example you are being for health and fitness. How was art class?

Beth - it seems you and your dh just pass stuff around...may be time to quarantine each other and disinfect. Hope it doesn't become a full blown flu or anything. I think one of the things that saved me where all my friends got sick was I holed myself up in the house most of the holidays and wasn't exposed to anyone or anything.

Tom - hope we didn't lose you! Keep posting - we'll hold you accountable. Have you learned the picture trick yet?

Have a great day!!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #57

Good Morning Slimmers!

Scale is down to 135 this morning! I actually woke up feeling slimmer!! Hoping the scale continues downward. It is going to be tough staying on plan at the competition Saturday. I do plan on bringing some of my own food.

charlene: Thanks! I know that it will help that I am so super busy with show choir. DD18 and I are super close. She's like my best friend. My other 2 kids do a pretty good job trying to help me cope. I think your rain is headed my way. It's suppose to rain for the next couple of days.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Boo! Boo! The scale went UP! Not by much, but with "the visitor" gone I was hoping for a drop. I plan to drink a LOT of water today and really be careful what I eat. I was a little too relaxed yesterday, I was snacky, and it hurt me for sure. I just can't believe my weight is up THIS much from a couple months ago! And that it's being VERY stubborn!

Found out the boys didn't get up yesterday to meet me at the gym because DS20 is sick with a head cold. I hope I don't get it. I have been lucky and avoided things so far. (knock on wood)

We didn't do anything in art class yet, and were only there for about 30 minutes. I know everyone in there (painting 2 is only allowed 7 or 8 people max because of space), but there is one new guy, a young guy we were giving a hard time We were saying the guys are supposed to bring cookies, hehehe, and Bev (who is prob. in her 70s) gave him the rules.. never to leave early or she gets out the yard stick and hits people! Two spots opened up because two girls couldn't get into painting 1, so they signed up for 2.. that's not really fair since 2 is so small. Anyway, the prof. let them do 1, so I let my good friend Angel know there was a spot open for her since she really wanted to take the class. It is going to be a FUN group!

I just found out there is a THEME to my Eng Comp class. Ohhh maaaan. It's writing about our majors. How BORING!!!! Why couldn't I have a more interesting major? I am beginning to wish I had just stayed in the class from last semester that I dropped because it was all sports writing!

Charlene: How funny! Sounds like some wacky fun! Reminds me of an old movie we watched when the kids were little, I think it was one of the "House" movies.. anyway, a guy delivers pizza, and they open the box and the pizza has a face and sings.. the mom freaks out and puts it in the disposal. Later on pizza sauce comes out of the shower faucet! My DD was afraid to take showers for a while!

Rachel: Congrats on being down on the scale!!! You are doing better than me! But maybe now I can get it down now that TOM is gone. One tip that has worked for me in the past is to put up a picture of yourself at your heaviest weight on your fridge! I would do it, but the kids have too many friends in and out of here and I don't want everyone seeing that! Another thing I did once was I photoshopped my face on a very VERY large body, and put THAT on the fridge, and it said "Dont let this happen to YOU" It was pretty funny looking, and most of the time it worked! I am going to take some Metabolife today to keep me from feeling snacky at work. I only take it on days I need a little extra help.

Beth: How are you doing today? I'll check back later and see if you have checked in.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Good morning everyone, almost afternoon actually. I've been away on business in Dallas and have been negligient on checking into the group. My sincerest apologies. I will report in that I have been faithful to the commitment of watching what I eat and staying no/low carb, which for me is like becoming celibate. There was one incident when lunch was brought in one day that I had a choice of barbeque ribs or nothing and I had some ribs with minimum sauce, but the rest of this time I've been a lowcarb soldier. Rest asured folks, I am here for the long term and really want to lose the weight. I also realize that once I lose the weight, if I don't make changes to the way I ate previous, the weight will just come right back like an unwanted house guest.

If you could of only seen what I saw when I looked in the mirror this morning when I got out of the shower (sorry), but I think in the past I avoided mirrors and now I think I need to confront the truth . . . . . Tom you are really fat. "The mirror is a true and best friend because it won't lie to you." quote 01/10/2013 attributed to Tom on Low Carb Friends

I did read the helpful instructions on posting a picture of me and promise it won't be the view from this morning. Everyone have a great day and text to you soon! T
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Man its cold here, but at least its sunny. I never made it to the gym yesterday. It took several hours to finish packing up the xmas decorations and get the house back in order. And then we had a 4 hour rehearsal last night prepping for Friday's gig. We have a substitute vocalist so we needed more prep. DH has a cold and last night had a fever. He is staying home today. I am going to try to get out of the house within an hour get my errands done and then get to the gym. My weight is up a 1/4 pound, I'll attribute that to daily flucuations. I'd be so happy if I dropped a pound by tomorrow.

Charlene--I hate it when I change my schedule to meet a deadline and then it have it changed. I remember in college staying up all night to finish a project and then getting a call in the morning that the university was closed due to snow (which rarely happens in Illinois). So I went to bed. I hope your sister gets a job soon. Seems like she is putting a lot of effort into it.

Rachel--I would suggest that you check in on LCF everyday, even if you're not perfect with your eating or exercise. It can hold you accountable or inspire you. You are an important part of our little group and we miss not having you around all the time. We've all been there.

Diane--Maybe having to write about your major will help you inspire you about why you made that choice and make it interesting. You can always take an ironic approach to it and make it funny. Its still gotta be better than sports writing.

Breakfast and on with the day!