Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
BLITZ XII Jan1 thru March 31 2013.

Incipiant ludi(let the games begin!!!). FF

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Happy New Year everyone! I am very excited about this new blitz. I am hopeful that I will be able to get to maintenance finally after all this time. But even if I don't and I only lose a little I will be happy to be able to keep the carby binge monkey off my back. I thank all of you for helping me get to this point.

I will check back later after all you sleepy heads get up and at it!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Happy New Year. Thanks ff for starting thread and Abi for posting the link. Let's do this thing.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #4

i hope hangovers were minimal!

the past is the past. whatever mistakes were made are forgotten...auld lang stein. the jokes WILL get cornier, most probably. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 01-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
happy new year!!!!!!!!!

i am very excited to start this new blitz...my beginning weight is 225 lbs. and i hope to get to 210 by the end of this blitz...i haven't been that low for some time, and it is ambitious, but i am hoping with the increased mobility i am EXPECTING, i will be able to build a better fat-burning engine here... :-)

haven't eaten yet today, but i can guarantee you i won't be touching the blueberry pancakes dw just made!...

looking forward to hearing everyone's goals...

safe travels, artemis!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Ok fellow Blitzers, here we go! I'm starting with a positive attitude for this year. Let's do this thing once and for all!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, i agree with you 100%!...we have been playing this yo-yo, see-saw game for way too long, don't ya think?...

i feel ridiculous that i have been at this for almost 3 years and am only 1/3 of my way to goal, especially since there was a time a couple of years ago, when i was 75% of the way to goal...i am stronger than that and am gonna prove it!

abi is losing in the best way - slow and steady...i'm gonna follow her lead on diet discipline and artemis' dedication to physical activity...

onward and downward!!! :-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

today, so far:
b: greek yogurt with blueberries
l: 3 oz. rotisserie chicken
d: tbd

i threw out a bunch of junk today and went shopping and got some good, healthy foods to replace it...i am soooooo motivated right now...tomorrow, i will go to pt in the morning and ask about my limitations in the gym - once i know what i can and can't do, i will try to make it to the gym three days a week and will have pt another 2-3 times per week...official weigh-ins will be on wednesdays this time, but i will not weigh tomorrow...

my gait is changing almost daily...with crutches i walk perfectly, but without them, i have been limping pretty badly...yesterday i was waddling more than limping and today i was only limping slightly - once the muscles tire, it gets worse, but i can really see the progress now...i am so excited!...it has been YEARS since i walked this well...

how is everyone else doing?

Last edited by tony8; 01-01-2013 at 03:12 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Restart tomorrow. We had a Christmas today, I don't need to say more.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, vicki, tomorrow is the day :-) i am betting on you this blitz...we need you to find the mojo you have shown in the past - you can do this, girl!...as ff says, the past is the past - forget it...we are all starting fresh right now...

dinner was some leftover salmon i took home from the restaurant last night - it had a maple glaze but was kinda salty...i only had 2 or 3 oz...

i'm gonna stick to a 9 p.m. curfew, 5 days a week, for the next couple of weeks, so i'm done for the night!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Tony, I'm with you. One of my goals this year (I don't like to call them resolutions) is to find a way to get better sleep. I'm tired of sleeping for an hour and a half and then being up for two hours, back to sleep for an hour and a half, etc. etc. I need to establish a sleep routine. I have some OTC sleep aids that will hopefully help me do that and then my body can keep it up without any help.

I'm signing off for now. TTYL
Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

FF, love those corny jokes! Keep them coming! By the way, our walmart finally got some atkins frozen dinners in. I picked up 3 to try out. One is an egg and sausage scramble, one was beef tips with brocolli and the third was crustless pot pie. They aren't cheap so they will be for when I feel a little too tired to cook or I have some feelings of temptation. I think they were $2.68 each.

Marilee, yea for feeling motivated! We are going to cheer each other on in 2013 to much success! Gibby hope you can find something that will give you a good sleep. I read different people on lcf use magnesium and melatonin to help them.

Jennifer, how is everything going with you this week?

Tony, I am thrilled your walking is coming along so well! Getting to 215 is so doable!

Vicki, hope you have a great restart day today! How was your Christmas yesterday?

Yesterday I had some chicken, bacon and eggs, pork skins and dip, a diet soday, coffee with cream and 1tbl of coconut oil. I think we are getting a free lunch today but just in case I am bringing leftover quiche with me. Tonight we are meeting at the Marina for dinner with my brother, his wife and one of his son's. I will be late for my 6pm bedtime curfew but it will be worth it. lol

My weight is doing the up and down thing at the moment. Today it was at the new low that it was last Wed. Now tomorrow it may be back up a pound or two. I don't mind this if in the next week it drops to a new low of a few oz. It will mean it is still going in the right direction.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-02-2013 at 02:02 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #13

great price Abi-$2.68

However, i am cutting down on prepared foods, with all the preservatives etc. I will not be exactly paleo, but if i want something to eat, it will have to be low carb, and something i or someone else made that very day. I am quite relieved that the holiday excitement is over. So, glad Tony, over your progress. I never liked using crutches. I always feared i would ruin my armpits. Well, best of luck to all of us! F-44 days to go-F (44...really?)
Old 01-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Dang, I forgot to weigh myself this morning. Oh well, there is tomorrow. I have been avoiding the scale. Last I weighed I was 250. Christmas meal yesterday was ham, coleslaw and corn pudding along with brownies and pizza later for supper. Ritz crackers up the ying yang. Abi, you asked LOL.

B-Protein Shake Fat Flush style

L-Chicken and coleslaw

D TBD

Exercise - 20 minutes on tread and 20 minutes on cycle

Last edited by vli1127; 01-02-2013 at 05:54 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, guys, it is DAY 2 and all is well...we are all gonna rock this blitz!...it's amazing how much better you can feel by just feeling committed and knowing you will be heading in the right direction...i am soooo over being this heavy and y'all know when you feel that way, good things happen...

i am staying away from that italian market this week...between my curfew and that, i should lose some weight! :-) the curfew is so helpful - when i eat late, i graze all night and add hundreds of calories to my intake...last night, i shut myself off at 9 and kept busy with other stuff and didn't miss the food...i feel less bloated this morning than i have in weeks...

abs, how does it feel to be a permanent employee?...i bet it feels much different!...it seems so funny to think of a "marina" in brattleboro, but i guess you can have one on a river...lol...

ff, are you sticking with ww?...if not, how will you track your progress?...

if i am honest, when i am not weighing, i am avoiding accountability and for me, that is a cop-out...no matter what, i will weigh weekly this blitz whether i like it or not...part of achieving my goal is ridding myself of excuses, and blaming my failure on the psychological impact of seeing the results of my habits in big red numbers is pretty lame...NO MORE!

where the heck is jennifer?...hey jenn, you don't have to be on top of your game to be accepted and gain support in here...USE US!...lol...

speaking of jenns, i hope jenny and kbeth show up during this blitz...where are you girls?...

pt this morning and hope i learn that i can do a lot at the gym...see y'all later on!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey vicki, sounds like a great menu today...welcome to your new life, girl...new house, new blitz, new woe, new body!...
Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Ha, Ha Tony. I see you like being used LOL.

I am dreading the carb withdrawal that is going to happen for a few days. I know when I did this woe several years ago, I "white knuckled" it. I CAN DO THIS.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS, VICKI!!!!!....and once you get past the next few days, think of how much easier it will be and how much better you will feel...
Old 01-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #19

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Happy New Year!!!!

I started the new year off on the right foot - no binging!!!

Yesterday:
b - Greek yogurt with s/f Torani's; coffee w/hwc & s/f Torani's
l - black eye peas, cole slaw, cranberry chipotle cheddar cheese
d - pork loin roast, cole slaw, small roasted potato, Linda Sue's truffle torte
2 l water, 1.5 mimosas, tall Starbucks coffee w/hwc & s/f Torani's

I need to drink more water, and really there was no excuse for me not to do so yesterday. I passed up cookies, candy, chips, crackers, dip yesterday so I am proud of myself. I could have had them, but really didn't want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Happy New Year everyone! I am very excited about this new blitz. I am hopeful that I will be able to get to maintenance finally after all this time. But even if I don't and I only lose a little I will be happy to be able to keep the carby binge monkey off my back. I thank all of you for helping me get to this point.

I will check back later after all you sleepy heads get up and at it!
We have pretty much the same goal Not sure that I can get to maintenance this blitz (not even sure what my weight goal is at this point), but I for sure want to get the carby binge monkey off my back too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
the jokes WILL get cornier, most probably. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
I'm counting in it! You remind me of my dad (not that you're old enough!) - corny jokes, love of opera and Star Trek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Ok fellow Blitzers, here we go! I'm starting with a positive attitude for this year. Let's do this thing once and for all!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
marilee, i agree with you 100%!...we have been playing this yo-yo, see-saw game for way too long, don't ya think?...

i feel ridiculous that i have been at this for almost 3 years and am only 1/3 of my way to goal, especially since there was a time a couple of years ago, when i was 75% of the way to goal...i am stronger than that and am gonna prove it!

abi is losing in the best way - slow and steady...i'm gonna follow her lead on diet discipline and artemis' dedication to physical activity...

onward and downward!!! :-)
I am soooo with y'all Marilee & Tony! Check out my start date - 2007! I've been messing around with this for almost 6 years. It's beyond time for me to work through my food issues once and for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Hey, Tony, I'm with you. One of my goals this year (I don't like to call them resolutions) is to find a way to get better sleep. I'm tired of sleeping for an hour and a half and then being up for two hours, back to sleep for an hour and a half, etc. etc. I need to establish a sleep routine. I have some OTC sleep aids that will hopefully help me do that and then my body can keep it up without any help.

I'm signing off for now. TTYL
I take Natural Calm right before dinner and I sleep through the night for the most part (work anxiety sometimes keeps me awake or wakes me up). Disclaimer: I rarely have sleep issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Ha, Ha Tony. I see you like being used LOL.
I am dreading the carb withdrawal that is going to happen for a few days. I know when I did this woe several years ago, I "white knuckled" it. I CAN DO THIS.
YES YOU CAN!

Last edited by Jennifer; 01-02-2013 at 07:38 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Back to work for me today. I was sad to leave my family but it will be better for me to get back into my routine. I guess my overall goal is to get back to my goal weight/size which is a couple of pants sizes by the end of the year. Actually, I'd like to do it by summer. I am planning to accomplish this by setting mini goals.

1. Stick to fast five WOE, and on days when I can't do this, at the very least put my calorie cap at 1200-1500 cals. I will eat mostly protein, good fats, and veggies with a few high quality carbs thrown in when I want or need them. I have come to learn that for me, carbs are like calories, you gotta make them count!!

2. Exercise, exercise, exercise! I am thinking about training for a half marathon to have something to reach for. I found a great plan online which is for jogging/walking. I know I won't be able to run the whole thing so this would definitely be more practical. But, with winter setting in, I'll have to find a treadmill I can use. The free employee gym is always too crowded because it is small relative to the number of employees and I always have to wait in long lines and then I have someone staring at me the whole time I'm on there. I have a couple of gyms close to where I live so I'm planning to check out their rates and contracts. They also both have group classes like Zumba so I hope they aren't too expensive.

3. Last but not least, WATER! I plan to drink no less than 1 gallon of water each day. I know a lot of people disagree, but for me it's critical for keeping my weight under control.

I'm not going to weigh for a while and just focus on the goals I have set for myself. I might take my measurements though, and keep track of those every week or maybe every other week. I know I will have to weigh on Jan 15 for a Dr.'s appt, but hopefully some of my holiday pounds will be off by then. Talk to ya'll later!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #21

i am not concerned about the scale, Tony.

I will notice the difference in my pants. also, the doctor's scale will be supportive of the tape measure. Now that i will be retiring (in 44 days), i will be able to go during the week. i always used to stress about getting home in time for the opera broadcast. that, in addition to the micro-examination rooms always did a number on my blood pressure. I shall go on Mon Feb 18. I have all the WW materials at home. So, ATKINS '72 for a while. I will attempt to recapture the magic of when I WAS dropping weight more easily (in the 70s). I am so encouraged. Oh, Vicki, unless it was a low sodium ham, start flushing out that sodium with lots of water. I, myself, whether i cut down significantly on diet soda, or not, am making every effort to UP my plain water. FF
Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good news, bad news, good news

Good news #1 - I lost 5.6 pounds the last Blitz
Bad news - I only lost 5.6 pounds the last Blitz
Good news #2 - Since starting my plan on 12/26, I'm down 2.2 pounds.

I've updated my stats....

Here we go!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #23

anything that is not a gain is good news, Gibby.

When i sit down, and my pants do not make noise(wardrobe malfunction), it is good news. Gonna get a chuck roast or a roast pork loin roast at Shoprite this evening-start the year off right. I will make it on Sat. Dentist appointment on 1/8/13. So not looking forward to it. I will not break the appointment, i promise! FF
Old 01-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jennifer, good to see you back and binge-free!...you are gonna do GREAT this blitz!...

marilee, from where i am sitting, that sounds like all good news to me!...nice job...i gained more than you lost!...but NOT THIS TIME!...we are both gonna LOSE big-time this time!...

artemis, happy you had a nice time with your family...you are an inspiration to me as i am trying to re-learn how to walk properly while you are training for a half-marathon! :-)

ff, you know your pants better than i know mine!...going by my pants, i thought i weighed about 219 before i hopped on the scale and it said 225!

well, day 2 has gone very well...i am a whole different frame of mind...i have no idea how this happens???...but this change is gonna be a permanent change...

so far today:
b: 1 hb egg white
s: 1 small green banana
l: salad topped with feta
d: sausage and peppers

i think i'm gonna try to drown myself drinking water tonight!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, so i wasn't 100% perfect. But, a far cry from what it has been. Tomorrow we have meetings all day and a catered lunch. I will do my best at what is offered. Not wanting to take my food.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! Everyone sounds so motivated and upbeat. All the goals are so positive!!

FF will be eating sort of paleo or fresh food made that day with no preservatives
Tony will be sticking with his curfew and has that miraculous - "whole new frame of mind"
Artemis will be drinking her water and preparing for a half marathon
Jennifer will not binge
Vicki will survive carb withdrawal and settle in for low carb eating
Marilee is starting this blitz already down 2.2 pounds!
and I am going to try to go for the gold by hitting maintainence by March 31st

As Vicki says "We can do this"

Have a wonderful Thursday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-03-2013 at 02:10 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

So, I weighed this morning and I don't like the # but, that will change as I adjust to this woe. See stats.

B-Fat flush protein shake

L-deli meat, cheese, veggies (I decided to take my lunch)

D-Ham, squash etc. Cleaning out fridge.

Burn & Firm video Karen Voight (50 min)
Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, abs, that was quite a recap! ;-)

feeling less bloated every day...i love it when i am feeling this way...they worked new muscles at pt yesterday so i am a bit more sore today...still gonna try to make it to the gym for the first time...the first time is always the hardest, as you don't know the people, the machines, the protocols etc...

the pt says i can do the treadmill until i tire and start limping, the bike as long as i don't bring my leg up to 90-degrees, any upper body stuff and leg lifts and curls...ambitious enough, i guess, unless you compare me to artemis! :-)

i so want to be able to walk normally that i have to restrain myself from overdoing it!

will have an hb egg white for breakfast and play the rest of the day by ear...

have a great day #3 blitzers!!!

Last edited by tony8; 01-03-2013 at 05:48 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, Tony, you and I must keep the same hours LOL
Old 01-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, this is two days in a row that we posted at the same time!...

i'm proud of you for bringing your lunch - way to TAKE CONTROL, girl!
Closed Thread