Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
I watched the whole superbowl. Was a bit let down by commercials. But the pony commercial made me and my mother tear up, while the rest of the family ridiculed us, and my boyfriend tried to egg us on for his own amusement, turning us into full blown sob. "The pony was his friend. He remembered his friend..." He got called a few 4 letter names. The Doritos goat commercial was pretty freaking funny. Now I want a goat so I can teach it to scream.

Jalapeno Poppers came out SOOO good! I ended up laying the bacon across the cream cheese rather than wrapping the jalapeno. Whoever made up that recipe must be somewhere where the jalapenos are teeny tiny. Safe to assume they are plentiful here, and my jalapenos were about 4-5 inches long. They were so tasty and they didn't last long at all. I grabbed the last one and was afraid for the safety of my hand. I also made pulled pork in the crock pot and a LC bbq sauce with mustard. MMMMMMMMMM!!!

I'm proud to say I did not eat anything off plan this weekend, but yesterday I did indulge in quite a lot. It felt like cheating by volume. Was a little scared to get on the scale, but I didn't gain and I'm actually down .8! ROCK!

Tony- I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE my ninja! It's so amazing for making anything and everything. chopping, mixing, mincing, smoothie-ing... Endless possibilities. My mom gave me hers because she didn't use it. But after having it, I can't imagine NOT using it. I used to have an Ultimate Chopper by Chef Tony but lost it in a move at some point. Ninja is better

I'm trying an egg fast for the next few days. Kind of mixed feelings about it, I love eggs. I hope I still love eggs in 3 days. I also hope it serves to kickstart after this weekends mass consumption.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
oh ff, i was hoping that you would adopt me!!!...the pork chops and apple sauce sounds so yummy!...

abi, the party was fun and right now i am trying to avoid starting a restaurant business - actually i have been thinking about opening a healthy smoothie, snack and organic coffee internet cafe next door to the planet fitness in my building - something funky and cool......and then maybe start up a separate seasonal barbecue pit business outside in an area adjacent to the parking lot...could be open thu-sun and have a simple, easy menu of chicken, ribs, steak, burgers and hot dogs - reasonable prices so families could afford to go out to eat...

vicki, i LOVED business law...one of my favorite classes!...lots of very practical knowledge about the law and contracts that affect average people every day...at least my course was like that...that class was the deciding factor in my decision to attend law school...and the unexpected arrival of my first son was the deciding factor in my leaving law school! :-)

had another rigorous pt session today and planning to go to the gym tomorrow and then pt again on weds - thursday will definitely be a day OFF...i feel so good after a day off...no muscle stiffness and i feel quite normal, but the work i'm doing on the "on" days is what is creating that strength and progress...

just took my blood pressure and it is 107/65 and my heart rate is 69...i take meds, but i think this exercise is helping and if i can ever start dropping some weight, i am hoping i can reduce the need for pills...

hope everyone is feeling strong today!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 02-04-2013 at 02:43 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

hey britt, didn't see your post...congrats on the .8 lb. drop!...and good luck with the egg fast if you do it...if there are any recipes or ideas for the ninja, feel free to share...i'm just getting used to it and i love it...planning to make a small fruit, yogurt and ice smoothie later when i want something sweet and refreshing...
Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

NINJA!

Well first, anymore I will only coarse chop veggies with a knife. Anything that needs to be fine chopped into tiny bits- goes in the ninja. LOVE this for onions. The only exception is green onions. Their texture doesn't chop evenly. Once, I had from scratch homemade veggie soup from the produce bags to the pot within 5 minutes. Everything done, ready to cook.

Also use it to mix together batters that stay liquidy, think pancake batter, not cookie dough.

Make pesto's, salsa's, sauces. I have a hollandaise recipe that used to be difficult to keep from butter-separating, until I began blending everything in the ninja and now when it heats, no separating!

DON'T PUT MEAT IN YOUR NINJA. One of my boys more dense moments, he put some ground beef thru the ninja thinking it'd make for a tender burger. WRONG. It made for burger the consistency of pate. bleh!

I've used it for margaritas and pina coladas, but not for smoothies or ice cream making yet.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Congrats Britt with staying on plan.

I saw some of the super bowl, not much though. I did see the Volkswagon and Taco Bell commercials, they were funny. I thought the half time show was crap. Too loud and I couldn't understand what she was saying and what was up with strutting around in lingerie? The Sandy Hook kids were amazing though.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Free lunch today at work will be chicken cacciatore with rice and a ceasar salad. Hoping the chicken and rice are not all mixed together.

Liking the clear roads and not much ice on the driveway. All that rain earlier in the week really cleared things up.

Still have not had time to watch the SB commercials. It sounds like there were a couple of good ones in the bunch.

Need to leave a little early and get gas for the car.

Hope all the Blitzers have a great day!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #247
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
actually, i enjoy chopping veggies....

that is why i got my RONCO knife set. I sit down at the table, put my plastic block down and cut away. I will be making a veggie soup after i retire. i have countless lc recipes to choose from. No taters or turnips in mine. the first is obvious, the 2nd is because i just do not like them, although i wish i could. There are so many foods (especially Italian)that i would love to like, especially in the cheese and cold cut dept. I have tried to, but it just would not take. I wonder, if knowing that, the Italian government would let me in. F-63 more work hours to go-F
Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

and just what is wrong with strutting around in lingerie???
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

If I looked like Beyoncé, I'd strut around in my undergarments too...

...And I have never been able to watch a Ronco infomercial and will never buy a Ronco product. His face and voice creep me out. It started when I was a child.

EGG FAST UPDATE:

3 hard boiled eggs is a tough meal to make peace with. I was in a hurry yesterday morning boiling my eggs, so I just stuck them in a bag and brought them to work as is for lunch. I was itching for some meat when I left work last night but stuck to my guns for dinner and made egg salad with 2 hard boiled eggs, some mayo and dill weed.

Surprisingly, I wasn't really hungry at any point in the day. Which kind of amazed me. But I was tired earlier in the evening than normal and got 9.5 hours of solid sleep.

***drumroll*** I step on the scale this morning and it reads 203! WHOOOOOP!!! I always weigh a few times for consistency and the second time read 202.2!!! I inched that little devil over every tiled surface in the house for about a dozen weighs to make sure I was seeing things correctly. For future potential heartbreaks sake, I'm going to "believe" the 203. -1.8 after day one! My will power is reinforced for today. And lunch today marks the halfway point, I can do this, I am already doing this.

B: 2 scrambled eggs, topped with a pat of butter (low carbers, ever try this??? It's delicious!) 2 cups of coffee w hwc, extra strong cup of green tea.
L: Egg salad consisting of about 3 eggs.
D: Likely to be more egg salad.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #250

i will, Blondie, knowing that you are happy with your plan AND

your progress. I went to the cafeteria, and i could not believe the hot food line. I only get an hour for lunch. so, i went to the salad bar, and made me a nice salad incl 1 scoop each of tuna and chicken salad. I added a few baby peas for color....just a few. Yes, it is gonna be a salad wonderland after 2/15/13. FF
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Something special about a salad bar...

I don't know what it is, but if there is a salad bar nearby- it's usually the tastiest salad I could imagine having. I can't buy a store salad, or even make one at home that is as fulfilling as a salad bar salad.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #252

what i like about salad bars is...

even though it is pricy, there is no waste. although i will be making my own salads at home, i can't buy 25 different ingredients. So, the solution is to buy very fresh and actually USE it within a few days. I hated to have to toss stuff past its prime. Of course, some stuff can be sauted, if it is not fresh enough for raw consumption. I am only 1 person, so I will probably consume 2 heads of romaine a week plus a few other salad veggies. Perhaps, once a month, i shall head to the salad bar as a 'pat myself on the back' reward for staying on plan. FF
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

i'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with strutting around in lingerie...
Old 02-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
i'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with strutting around in lingerie...

Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #255
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
OK, Tony. You can strut

Blondie, the good ole' egg fast. I haven't done that in a long time. Maybe that is what I need. I have also done a 3 day protein shake thing in the past too to get going.

ff, I will be over for the veggie soup.

Abi, did you make it through lunch?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

hit the gym this morning and got a great workout in...then did some work at the building...it's amazing how much i can get done now that i can walk!...i haven't felt this good in 20 years...i guess that means i'm likely to get hit by a bus tomorrow :-)

today:
b: 1/2 banana
l: 2 hot dogs
d: leftover steak

p.t. in the a.m....hope everyone has a great night!

gotta go and get into my lingerie ;-)
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, the lunch went well. The rice was not mixed in with what they were calling chicken cacciatore. It was alot of stuff mixed together like chunks of chicken, spinach, tomatoes, squash, and bacon. The only down side was it had a smokey flavor probably from the bacon and I am not a big fan of smokey. But it was filling and the ceasar salad was good too. Hey, it's for free so I am not going to complain when they ask how did you like it?

Britt, good going on the egg fast. Hope day two went just as well and with some good results on the scale!

Tony, your smoothie internet cafe sounds terrific, and you know what a great business that bbq place does in Brattleboro. Your imagination and energy amazes me!

FF, romaine is a good choice for your salad base. It is the one leaf that does not go bad very fast. Making your own "salad bar" will save you a bundle!

Marilee, I think you told us all your plants made it through that cold snap you had. Are they all still looking good?

I have some of Linda Sue's meat balls with a little sauce to take for lunch today. They are going to order out for pizza tomorrow at work. I told them no thanks. I can't see spending a couple of dollars on 2 slices and then not eat the crust.

Unless there is a cancellation the soonest the neurosugeon can have a consultation with DH about his back surgery will be March 13th. So no relief for his back pain any time soon.

Wishing all the Blitzers a wonderful day!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-06-2013 at 02:46 AM..
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #258

Tony, do u find that your lingerie pinches in some spots?

i am so happy for your elevated energy levels. i hope that will improve for me as well. HOWEVER, I do not foresee that i shall ever have LEFTOVER steak. Lately, life has been somewhat of a blur. No doubt that will change soon. I am actually having a porterhouse tonight, pathetically thin cut(supermarket). I will go to a butcher in the future, and perhaps, once every 2 or 3 months enjoy 1 very thick cut porterhouse. I will also be able to make my DREAMFIELDS pasta. One of the things i want to learn how to make is a nice low carb chili with a tang. I can pour that over the lc pasta. Linda Sue has at least 1 chili recipe. But, it is simply a matter of tweaking any recipe to bring it in line with lc w.o.e, regardless of what food it is. F-56 work hours to go-F
Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

abs, i am so proud of how steady you have been for the past several months...you are an inspiration to me!

ff, you too!...wish we knew how those looser pants have translated into your weight loss as it surely has...you've been a good boy for a long time...and yes, my lingerie pinches in a few spots...haha!

yeah abs, i'm amazing myself a bit too! :-) i am now able to think about so many things that would have been unthinkable a few months ago...it's funny how your whole world changes when your ability to MOVE improves...i LOVED going to work yesterday and cleaning out my truck which required me to climb all over it - i had not been up in the bed in years...this morning i am taking it to vacuum it out and wash it and get a quote on repairing the body which has rusted quite a bit...

pt and a haircut this afternoon, but before that and after taking care of my truck, it is off to work to check on the job the boys have been doing cleaning up for an insurance inspection that takes place on friday...

this is weird: the increased exercise was making my appetite more voracious for the first few weeks, but the now it seems to have diminished it...anyone got any explanation for that?...
Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #260

i do not have an explanation, Tony....

just accept it as a gift from the Gods. I have not been a saint, just not as bad as i was in the former blitz periods. Things WILL take a marked improvement immediately after 2/15/13. The party food will not be a low carb fare. However, I will be too busy socializing to eat more than a reasonable portion of anything. FF
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

stupid thin steak

I hate that. If I'm going to enjoy a steak, an inch think minimum. I hate showing up at Safeway and all their meat trays are filled with thin cuts and a sticker that reads, "thin cut! serves more!" NO IT DOES NOT! I have to eat 2 to equal a proper steak, tell me wise butcherman, how is that serving more? stupid meat trickery...

yesterday wt 203
B: 2 scrambled eggs w butter
L: egg salad
D: 2 scrambled eggs & a few bites of egg salad

today wt 201.8
B: 2 scrambled eggs
L: egg salad with approx 3-4 eggs (I put ranch powder in the mix this time!)
D: egg salad with yellow curry powder

Last day of the egg fast. I'm a little scared to go back to normal low carb since I've seen consistent losses last few days, but I certainly can't eat eggs forever, no thank you! But I have been surprised at the lack of hunger I've felt last 2 days. I'm reading some people eating a dozen eggs a day and I've only averaged about 6-7. Which when I hold an egg and think 6 of these a day is all I can eat, I would assume I'd be starving. But by the time I get home and eat the eggs for dinner, I feel stuffed.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #262

if u want to keep the hunger down, Blondie....

keep the fats high (except for transfats, of course), and the carbs down low. that's the ticket!!! I think 3 days are enough for the egg fast;so does Dr. Atkins. FF
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

100% agreed. That might be why I haven't felt hungry between the yolks, the butter and the mayo... goooood fatty fats! slow getting the water in today though.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

I must say, adding the ranch powder to the egg salad was splendid. om nom nom nom! but I had a little 8oz gladware container of it, I could barely finish it.

Hope everyones day is going great! I have 2 more hours of work with not a ton to do, so.....

Happy American Idol Day!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

britt, congrats on making it through 3 days of eggs...that's a testament to your commitment!...i agree about the thin steak - it's only good on a sandwich smothered in onions and mushrooms and peppers and cheese...haha!

had a busy day...my pt went well and she said i have progressed so much, she only needs to see me once next week...it's winding down...she says i can start using other gym equipment too, so that will be fun...

today:
b: 1 scrambled egg
l: small fruit and yogurt smoothie
d: 4 ravioli, a meatball and a small piece of eggplant parm

tomorrow will be my first off day from exercise this week and it will be welcome as i am kinda sore...i think my muscles need a day or two to recover...

i'm so happy that everyone seems to be motivated and on track!...oh, i weighed in at 224.6 today, so only down .4 lbs for the week, but i'm hoping all this new muscle is gonna keep delivering regular losses, even if they are modest...

nitey nite!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers!

The big talk at work is how bad a storm are we getting tomorrow, when will start and will we have work. All I am worried about is how much shoveling I am going to have to do if the snow blower acts up like it usually does! Oh well, it will be good exercise for me!

Tony, those extra muscles will for sure start to offset the extra fat and eventually start moving the scale in the right direction. It is terrific your pt said you can just have once a week sessions. I bet he/she would love to have the same results with all their patients!

Britt, what was your total loss for your 3 day egg fast? I wish I could make myself do that!

Vicki, you never gave us the low down of the business law course. Inquiring minds want to know. lol

FF, how many hours left to go?

Hey Marillee!

Artemis, how are you feeling?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

abs, if you see a plow guy pass by, wave him down! :-)

the pt yesterday asked me how much weight i've lost since surgery as i looked "slimmer"...when i told her i actually gained 6 lbs. she was very surprised, but said that the muscle would be burning more and more calories moving forward, even at rest...i hope so!

i am really feeling MOTIVATED...this getting in better shape has a snowball effect...now i have another goal of reducing meds when i go to my doc in april...

not sure what to make for dinner tonight...
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 AM   #268

Tony, the tape measure tells the real story.

too much emphasis has always been placed on the scale. I am feeling better, and I risk no wardrobe malfunction. Went to bed early and woke up precisely at 11pm, just in time for 2 episodes of SEINFELD. Incidentally, in the PLAYGROUND section of LCF there is SEINFELD QUIZ QUESTION thread which has been going on since July 2012. A certain Bklyn bound(bound in Bklyn, not bound for Bklyn) ET generated that thread. I had to toss the steak. when it defrosted, it was definitely past its prime. So, I had my traditional fare. Ordering in is soon to be a thing of the past, as I will now have more time to spend in the kitchen. A ytoung fellow I was training just became another cog in the January layoffs. He showed a great deal of promise. I hope they take him back soon. F-49 more work hours to go-F
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

And the scale reveals a total of 4 lbs lost since Monday mornings weigh. I'll take it!!! I'm surprised I did it. After lunch on day 1, I was convinced I needed a rotisserie chicken from the store. And an indirect victory, I saved money! The boy and I go to the store every Sunday and get our food and house stuffs for the week. But inevitably I end up at the store after work a few times a week to get something that we need for dinner. There is no room in the fridge or freezer. And yet we continue to go to the store. I wish the boy would start extreme couponing again.

Tony congratulations on all that you're accomplishing! Working out and losing weight is definitely a mental battle and one that you really do have to push the scale away and judge progress on how clothes fit, your mobility, and how you feel. I think it's awesome you told the Dr you'd actually gained. Go muscle! My mom used to bodybuild when I was very young and her trainer always told her, "it doesn't matter if you are 200 lbs, if you are fitting into a size 6."

I wish I had to get up and go to start working out. There's a gym across the street from my house, a pretty big one that I used to belong to, but EVERY time I'd go, no matter how early or late, it was so busy I could never get to my machines. I asked someone if I could work in with them while they rested between sets, and I got the stink eye in response.

B: 1 scrambled egg with butter & a piece of bacon
L: cup of pulled pork (no sauce)
D: ????? definitely NOT eggs lol probably something of the chicken persuasion. I have a lot I don't want to have to toss...
Snacks: I brought 2 cheddar cheese sticks to work, a few pieces of bacon, and a few sausage links.

American Idol is getting better. I think I found the few that I'll be voting for this season.

Happy Thursday!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

hey britt, thx, and a huge congrats on the 4 lbs...it's the equivalent of not having to carry around an 80% full 5lb. bag of sugar all day!...that is not insignificant!...keep it up, girl...

ff, is next friday your last day???...you're right about judging progress by your clothes...my belt is still in the same hole for the last ten lbs. i've gained...i really do want to lose another 30 lbs. though regardless of how much muscle i have...i hope i can do that...

today:
b: 1/2 pear
l: 4 oz. grilled salmon
d: baked haddock with a lobster cream sauce (OMG!)

hope y'all have a good night!...
Closed Thread