Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
i usually have 1/2 or 1/3 of an apple as 1 portion , again with a fat and protein. as regards WW, i completely disregard their low fat approach, and i informed my leaders of this. they were fine with it. I DID keep an honest WW point AND carb gram list, though. FF
Thanks ff, I disagree with the low fat also. I read somewhere that they don't approve of coconut oil as a "friendly" fat. Hogwash. Despite this, how did you count the higher fat versions with their points?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
marilee, apples are good for you, and like ff says, you can eat half an apple twice a day with some protein and it will give you twice the pleasure and not spike your blood sugar...guess what i ate for breakfast this morning?...a nice crisp apple!...

abi, i think you're right about ff's countdown!...vicki, he only mentions it in every post!...

ff, i have heard good things about downton, but i hate making the commitment...i just started watching "lost" on netflix - my son and i are at episode 6 OUT OF 120!!!...that'll keep me busy for awhile!... :-)

i was a bit sore from the gym yesterday so i took today off - from exercise - but i will be at pt tomorrow and thursday and at the gym on weds this week...people are saying i look thinner although i am 7 lbs heavier than i was before surgery...gotta be the exercise and muscle...

today:
b: apple
l: 4 chicken nuggets
d: roast chicken

marilee,

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, looking thinner is good! You are turning fat into muscle! The scale is just a number and you can have a low number and be all fat or a higher number and be mostly lean muscle! Great that you and DW can share the enjoyment of going to the gym together.

Today is free lunch day. They are having some kind of pasta dish with chicken, bacon and green peppers in it. Thank goodness they will also have one of those delicious green salads they put together. Ususally there is some left at the end of the day so I take some extra home for dinner.

Well, I had my 30 day review yesterday and everything they said was positive. Made me feel good. Next 30 days may not be so great for attendance as I will have to take some time off for DH's back surgery.

We had afew inches of snow yesterday while at work and people were getting nervous as they predicted some sleet late in the day. We are all still not over the stress of the slippery roads from last week. I did not have any trouble driving home yesterday. Hope no one else did either.

Vicki, I am a great fan of coconut oil also. I always think when I put a tbl in my coffee every morning I am giving my brain a shot of smarts. lol

Weather is supposed to get up to 40 today. It is already 28 at my house at 5:45. Looking good!

Have a wonderful Tueday Blitzers!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 AM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
greetings, BLITZERS! January is almost gone.

2014 cannot be far behind. WW gives you a list with point values. Obviously, those foods higher in fats, and higher in sugars and starch will have the higher point values. Try them for a while, if you feel it is not working for you, you can quit. i am an excellent quitter. I was taught by the best-Gerorge Costanza. One(meaning me) can say generally that if i enjoy the food too much, have less of it. WW does give us the chance to fall in live with veggies and salads all over again. F-17 days to go-F
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #185

i cannot over-emphasize that FAT even more than protein

should accompany the fruit. dr. Atkins says that some protein will convert to glucose, but fat NEVER will. cheese or lc peanut butter is a good accompaniment to fruit (but watch those portions!). Tony, you are really not hungry throughout the day with what little you had for bkfst and lunch? Obviously, you MUST
Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #186

cont'd-fat finger syndrome

you MUST be very busy during the day. I also can be satisfied with EXTREMELY little during the day and evening, IF I am extremely busy, or extremely unconscious. FF
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, congrats on the 30 day eval.

We are getting ready for a winter storm watch that takes effect tonight to tomorrow noon. We will see what happens.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi!...congrats on the review!...of course, it does not surprise me, but i'm happy to hear it and i bet it made you feel good :-) get ready for the big thaw tomorrow...i think it's supposed to be in the 50s!

ff, i read your countdown and still can't believe you only have 17 days to go!...i am not really hungry during the day, but i try to eat a little so my blood sugar doesn't go up...then i am pretty hungry by dinner whether i eat more during the day or not, so i figure i benefit by saving most of my calories til evening...

vicki, hope you are feeling motivated...i know moving can be stressful...

it was my second son's b-day today...i got him a power ice auger for ice fishing and he loved it...we went to dinner in maine to warren's lobster pound...emmy and her boyfriend joined us from school, my two oldest sons and their girlfriends, my 17-year-old son and sarah's best friend who just got back from 2 years in the peace corps in paraguay all came to dinner, so with dw and i, there were ten of us...all nice kids - i was proud looking around the table...

today:
b: skipped
l: 1/2 an apple
d: salad bar and lobster stuffed haddock and cauliflower with cream sauce
DELICIOUS!

Last edited by tony8; 01-29-2013 at 09:53 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Tony, even though I don't like fish that meal did sound delicious! What a great evening for your family ( which seems to be growing by leaps and bounds). I see you beat me posting first for the day. Had one of those toss and turn nights so if I had thought I could have logged on at 12:51 and beat you to it.

I had the salad yesterday which had thin sliced pears, apples and some dried cranberries in it plus large crumbles of blue cheese. It was very good. The gang seemed to like the casserole which had chicken, potatoes, cheese, bacon and peppers in it. One young fellow who just cracks me up said to me, "it looks like something my dad and I put together when we are drunk". This kid is a wood carver and makes some incredible walking sticks plus does some bears with a chain saw. Have I ever posted a picture on here of his latest walking stick?

Vicki, I hate ice storms. They really can isolate you until they get enough salt on everything. Do you have a garage to keep your car in so it does not get a build up on it? Be very careful walking on the ice as I'm sure you will.

Yes, Tony I am looking forward to this one nice day in the middle of our freezing air. It is already above freezing here at 33.3 degrees at 4:09 am.

Wishing you all a great day!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:23 AM   #190

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO 2ND SON, TONY

what kind of sauce goes with ice fish? putting the calories when they will do the most good is one of my major strategies, Tony. Another advantage to retiring, is that i can compensate during the day for the lousy sleep patterns during the night.(as i do my best sleeping at work, perhaps i should find another full time job-as a day watchman ha ha ha) Maybe, I will be able to straighten it out after 2/15/13. So looking forward to doing more of my own cooking again. It is amazing what is on the web re: classical and opera music. I spent over 3 hours on You tube listening to different renderings of 1 Russian aria (from SADKO by Nikolai Rimsky -Korsakov). I was entranced! F-16 to go-F (beg 2/1/15, i start counting hours)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, that chicken dish sounds yummy...if i were there, i might have tasted some of the chicken and maybe allowed myself a couple of potato chunks...btw, didn't i post at 11:52 last night, making you the clear "early-poster" today?...

ff, you and your arias!...haha!...

hey guys, i had an idea!...i was thinking it would be fun if i set up a conference call someday where we could all be on the phone together at the same time...it would be great to hear everyone's voice...there is a service that allows me to set up a private conference so all of you can dial an 800-number and i would provide you with a special code that puts you in our particular conference "room"...i have an account with them, so it would not cost you anything...we would just have to coordinate a day/time when everyone could be available...

let me know what you think... :-)

have to run to the building to meet my tenant - very mysterious as she e-mailed me and said she has some question and asked if i could meet her there...i'm pretty sure she is gonna want me to do something like expand the parking lot!...

i will check in later...hope y'all have a great day!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey, Tony! I'm in on the phone call. That sounds like a fun. Maybe on a weekend?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

Snow Day!! I made a spaghetti squash casserole for supper and baked "focaccia" bread muffins.

I haven't been 100% perfect since joining WW on Saturday. In fact, tracking points (food and activity) has been a bit daunting. I would just assume write it down and not figure points etc. I make so many dishes that use multiple, whole foods, that entering each item is a pain in the rear.

I also broke down and bought nonfat greek yogurt yesterday. I am a full fat gal, maybe that is why I am having weight issues Anyways, it wasn't that bad with strawberries and stevia mixed in.

My auntie Marilee gave us the cutest dishes from QVC (Marilee, I will call tonight). Thank you!! You remembered.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 01-30-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 01-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
My auntie Marilee gave us the cutest dishes from QVC (Marilee, I will call tonight). Thank you!! You remembered.
Of course, I did
Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awww, how cute!...haha!...

marilee, i will set up the call for anytime that works best for you guys :-)

today, so far:
b: 1/2 apple
l: rotisserie chicken
d: making a chicken breast in the crockpot recipe
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, it's pretty quiet in here today...where is everyone?...

btw, i weighed in at 225-even today, so i am down 1.4 lbs. in the past two weeks (didn't weigh last week when i was in nashville)...

skipped the gym today as i was very sore from pt yesterday - she really worked me over!...back to pt at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning...

where is artemis?...looks like we lost our new jeenifer and i'm wondering when we will hear from our old jenny...and i still miss kbeth - i don't think we've heard from her since blitz x... :-(
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I think my time is wrong on lcf. It is 3:39 at my house right now but when I post it will say an hour later (I think) So yesterday your time for posting said 12:52 am Jan. 30. So I am taking back your beating me to post. lol Hey good going on the weight loss!

I am game for a conference call if the time works. Saturdays are good . Sundays after 11am are good. After 6pm no good.

It is 52 already at our house. Wind is blowing and it has rained cats and dogs all night. Now just hoping the rain stops before the temperatures drop again.

My weight is still up and down the same 2 pound range so I am ok with that. Still not ready to do anything drastic with my eating plan. Eating egg salad on a bed of lettuce the last two days.

FF, you are so funny as usual. I'm sure once you are retired you will sleep like a baby!

Marilee, love the avitar. That is exactly what I would love to do my scale most of the time. lol

Vicki, what is your recipe for your foccacia muffins? The sound very good. I see people are tweeking the cheese rounds recipe. Most do not like the garlic powder in them and I did not either. But now they are using them as mini pizza rounds.http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16229875

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #198

my next trip to SHOPRITE...

I shall be getting some SMART BALANCE PB, to have with 1/2 an apple. sometimes with an oz or two of hard cheese, like KRAFT extra sharp cheddar(only when on sale), instead of PB. I have not allowed PB in the house for a long time. I think I am in control of that now. Being on a fixed, and limited income changes one's priorities. As much of a chow hound as i am, the need to cut expenses takes precedence. Soup, salad, and veggies is the way to go (keeping the carbs down as much as possible of course).Also, stretching a chicken to more than 1 portion per bird. I can use the chicken beaks to message my gums. A good cook throws nothing out. Which brings to mind that i need a salad spinner. I tried holding a head of lettuce and whirling around as fast as possible. I got very dizzy. sometimes even I concede the need to spend few slips of latinum from time to time. F-16 days to go-F
Old 01-31-2013, 05:42 AM   #199

the conference call is a brilliant idea, Tony

keep me posted...especially that it won't cost me anything, but even more important, that we will be breaking out of inner space. Have the publishers sent you any replies yet? In any case, see to it that none of the characters i heard on AI last night have a go at your songs. It was more like American MIDOL. FF
Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, I can get the recipe posted later today or tomorrow.

I didn't stay last week after the WW meeting for the instructions since I had to be elsewhere. I am going to weigh in and stay after the meeting tonight in my home town. I don't expect a loss either since I haven't really been following anything right now.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
I WAS ABDUCTED BY ALIENS BUT THEY DECIDED TO GIVE ME BACK.

HIIIIII EVERYONE!!!! Sorry I went MIA for oh the last 7 months. I went so far off plan, I honestly felt guilty logging on when I didn't have the gusto to get back on track...

Turning point: getting professional pictures done for new business cards 3 days ago and being horrified looking at the pictures of my giant chipmunk cheeks! Like a squirrel packing his cheeks full, and wearing a suit.

So... needless to say today marks day 3 of back to low carbing! And I'm feeling good so far, except for the pounding headache I've had for a few days. If I could only remind myself of the awful headache I get each time I restart, it'd be motivation to not quit in the first place.

Fortunately, I'm didn't gain EVERYTHING back, but I'm shy of 10lbs from it. Which ironically was a relief because I was terrified of seeing a scale number higher that what I started out and worked for last year.

One upside, I'm in a new job in a pretty busy area of town and it is impossible to get any kind of lunch in under an hour. So I pretty much HAVE to bring my lunch and snacks.

Glad to be back! Have missed you all!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Blondie! Welcome back

What part of town are you now working in? Some crazy news the past two days in our city, huh? I work real close to where the shooter lived - like just several blocks away - so helicopters were overhead almost all yesterday afternoon.

I've been off and on plan myself and am having difficulty getting in gear. But, I will!!!!

Keep posting - we missed you.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
I'm working in North Scottsdale so I was away from the action. I can't imagine how you felt being so close! I probably would have freaked out! It's just mind boggling that this crap happens. So sad.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You aren't that far away from me. We are at Cave Creek Road and Greenway.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey britt!!!!... back!...great to see you again...personally, i think chipmunk cheeks are cute!...

marilee, i'm not worried about you finding your mojo...you are da wo-man!

ff, i keep forgetting to watch AI - i have only seen 1 hour so far...

vicki, good luck at ww tonight...let us know how you make out...

abs, can't you fix your computer's clock?...just click on the time and it will let you change it...that's about all i know about 'puters!

i'm happy everyone likes the conference call idea!...that's gonna be fun...we all have gotten to know each other so well but have never spoken - except for ff and i, we spoke a couple of years ago...sounds like the weekend is the best time and before 6 p.m. at which time abi turns into a wax pumpkin :-) let me know when there is a day that is good for you guys and i will set it up...

pt was good today, but i swear the girl is trying to kill me!...haha!...i will hit the gym early tomorrow and again on sunday and then i have pt again next monday and weds...i have been on the same belt loop since before surgery but am about 7 lbs. heavier, so i'm not sure what that means...i am definitely more muscular under the fat...there is no way i'm gonna stop working out, as it has been soooo much work getting even to this point!

today:
b: banana
l: leftover chicken
d: grilled ribeye steak, peas and carrots
Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #206

which Aliens did you have in mind, Blondie?

I have contacts, and can make a few calls. So glad to have you back. don't waste valuable time focusing on the past. The past is the past. Welcome to the future. F-77 work hours to go-F
Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I watched AI for about 5 minutes the first night - the only judge I like is Keith, the rest make me nuts! I may tune in again after the auditions are over.

This Saturday isn't good for me, but I'm open to any one after that.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

I was going to go to WW tonight but the place was dark. Several cars drove by slowly and a couple stopped, no one showed up to open the place up.

Welcome back Blondie, glad you made it back. I am in the same boat.

Last edited by vli1127; 01-31-2013 at 07:15 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha Ha FF! Love the image of you spinning the salad around. Funny, I just bought a salad spinner last week!

Britt! so glad you are back. I have had my ups and downs too. I keep posting to not let myself fall off the deep end.

Tony, the time on my computer is correct, it is the lcf time that is not. It just posted my time as 5:05 and my computer says it is 4:05 which is correct. Do you know how to change that? Anyone?

Vicki, sorry ww was not open last night. Looking forward to the recipe when you get a chance.

Marilee, scary about the shooting in Phoenix. Glad you and Britt were safe.

I'm out of hard boiled eggs so tuna salad today for me.

Hope all the Blitzers have a great day!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-01-2013 at 02:06 AM..
Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #210

what did u pay for your salad spinner, Abi?

Hodie sunt KALENDAE FEBRUARIAE(Today are the Kalends of February)I wanna be back in bed. I do not think the caffeine will help me out today. Check in with y'all later. F-77 more work hours to go-F
Closed Thread