Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
yesterday i was NUMB GUMS. today I am TWINKLETOES

just got back from the podiatrist. feet feel fine. He is, barring the unforeseen(and my life is full of unforeseen)my future employer 2 days a week. beginning March 2013. No doubt about it, my appetite IS returning. However, I am in control. Gibby, did the plants survive the cold snap? I am equally in danger during the warm weather. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
marilee, congrats on the big loss!!!...that's awesome...and thanks for the kind words :-)

abi, i'm happy they brought something you could eat...the salad sounded yummy...

ff, you are a marvel...you are such a veteran of all this, and are not subject to the same "need for validation" that some of us are...good for you...

just got back from the gym...i am able to do more and more on the treadmill and have upped the weights i am training with from 50lbs. on everything to 70-100 lbs depending on the muscle group...i am proud of my commitment to training and rehab - i had to dig myself out of the snow to go this morning...

i just chopped up the leftover grilled chicken and steak tips and threw them in the crock pot and am making chili out of it...i think it will be good...

have a great tuesday, blitzers!!!

p.s. weighed in at 226.4, same as last week...i'm hoping it's the weight training!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
Gibby, did the plants survive the cold snap? I am equally in danger during the warm weather. FF
Too soon to tell. I did bend the end of one of them and it didn't snap off, which is a good sign.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ouch! :-)
Old 01-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

what happened to jennifer?...
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

personally, i think abi scared her off by eating pork rinds every day for a month...
Old 01-17-2013, 03:29 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Ha Ha Tony!

FF, did I read your post right? You are going to work 2 days a week for your podiatrist starting in March? That sounds so terrific! You will be getting some time out with the folks, making some extra money and still have enough free time to make those trips like the one to Las Vegas you want to take. Will you be doing some billing and office organization for him?

Marilee, sure hope the plants are ok and that you are getting the warmer weather now! What's on the ms menu for today?

Tony, I'm sure the lack of weight loss is from the muscle gain from working out. Do the waist bands on your pants feel looser?

We are off on Monday and it is not a paid holiday. I am hoping when they come around and ask if we want to use one of our paid days off that I am eligible. If we go to the 4 day week that will give me plenty of time off over the year and they already said we will be closed 4th of July week.

Had a terrible time driving to work yesterday. I was fine until I got into Massachusetts and then started doing some slipping. Everyone had the same experience even those with 4 wheel drive and snow tires ( which I have neither). Wanted to kiss the ground when I got to the parking lot ( which had not been plowed). Oh well, roads are clear today so all is well.

Had meat balls with sauce, pot roast, pork rinds with dip, coffee and cream and coconut oil yesterday. Weight is maintaining up and down the same 2 pound range. Will have to make some adjustments if I am going to get to maintenance by the end of March. Just not ready yet.

Have a wonderful Thursday Blitzers!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #128

i do not know what i will be doing for him, Abi

as long as i get paid for 2 days work, i will do anything legal. off today. gonna catch up on some dvds, etc. otherwise no QUALITY time consumed, present website excepted. I hope everyone has a great day. I have the fan off, for a change, so that is good. I hope it gets even colder in here so that i can don my oversized navy blue terrycloth robe. I ask for so little in life! Oh yes-i will be ON PLAN, but y'all knew that. F-29 days to go-F
Old 01-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Abi, I don't miss those icy streets one bit - I grew up int he Midwest and East so I am aware of black ice and regular ice

Today's MF menu is:

B-MF cinnamon crunch cereal
S-MF caramel crunch bar
L-MF chicken noodle soup
S-MF chocolate shake
D-round steak and green beans
S-MF barbeque chips

Catch ya later!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, i hope you at least have front-wheel drive!...you ain't in alabama anymore, girl...i think you are smart to not make any changes until you feel ready...you have done so well getting to this point and you deserve some time to maintain and not feel stressed...

i wish i could say that my pants feel looser, but they feel a little tighter...i think i am building muscle under the fat...there's not much i can do except to be patient and wait for all this exercise and muscle to lead to fat reduction...

this exercise has increased my appetite but i have been restricting my calories, so i'm hoping it pays off...my body may be completely confused because i have not worked out this much since 1989!...

ff, i hope the podiatrist doesn't put you in charge of toenail fungus...

marilee, nice menu again...hope you are enjoying the warmer weather...

good day today...had a rigorous pt session this afternoon...had some salad veggies for breakfast and about 2-3 oz. of tuna for lunch...not sure about dinner yet...

tomorrow i have the surgeon appt in the early a.m....i think he's gonna be happy with my progress...i'm hoping i don't have to go back for a long time :-)
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday Blitzers!

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend. May see if my younger sister wants to go and visit the shops at Kringle on Monday. I still have 30 dollars left on my gift card which we could use towards lunch. Other than that I don't have much planned for the weekend. Always plenty of cleaning and washing to be done.

Tony, let's hope the podiatrist doesn't put FF in charge of toenail fungus even though that would be under the legal things he could do. Good luck at the surgeon's today!

FF, hope it cooled down enough for you to wear your navy terry robe all day as you listened to your cd's.

Marilee, your menu sounded delicious as usual yesterday. Glad you are back in the groove!

Yesterday I had pot roast, pork skins and dip, coffee with cream and coconut oil. Today I am bringing my last 3 meat balls with sauce for lunch. May make some more this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #132

fungus pays, tony!

cold weather is here and i am enjoying it. some housework this weekend, and the Sat Matinee Metopera Broadcast. F-28 days to go-F.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmmm, ff, maybe it will be bunions!...

abs, enjoy your 3-day weekend...pretty soon they'll be paying you in "kringle kash" which you will be required to spend in the company-store :-)

saw the surgeon's apprentice (fellow) rather than the surgeon today, as he was interviewing new "fellows"...the young doc was happy with my progress and said i was ahead of schedule...

b: bacon and eggs
l: clam chowder
d: veal and marinated chicken

have a great friday night, kids!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i bet abi is trapsing around the house right now, thinking that there's no hurry to log in here because i am probably snoring away, but NOOOOOOOOO!...here i am!!!...
Old 01-19-2013, 05:01 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is exactly what I was thinking. lol

Getting ready to run to Keene to CVS to pick up some of those as seen on tv coffee filters you can use in a keurig machine. Going to save me alot of money not using the pre made cups. I have been using some paper filters in a little plastic cup but you have to order them on line and just the shipping makes them almost as expensive as using the pre made cups.

Had a slip last night. I think it was brought on by DH saying his Dr. is recommending surgery for his disc problem. He will be scheduling an app at Dartmouth with a neurosurgeon in the next few weeks.

Back on the wagon today! Will check back after I make my store rounds.

Have a great Sat. all!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #136

yes, i am in my navy blue terrycloth robe!

it is an icebox in here...and i am loving it! lots of coffee today. tomorrow a.m. is haircut and SHOPRITE. Monday is President's Day, so I am off till Tuesday. Yes, I wil find some time to do some housework. I haven't had fish in a while, so I shall be looking for some nice pan saute-able fish tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. F-27 days to go-F
Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi kids,
quick check-in...all is well...may go to the outback steakhouse tonight...

abs, you have hardly slipped at all in the last 4 months, so last night you were human...congrats on getting back on plan... :-) p.s. that'll teach you to trapse!

ff, abi wants to know what you're wearing under that robe?...
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chicken and gravy turned out well so will fix the same for dinner tonight. I cooked the chicken in a couple of containers of unsalted chicken stock and added some carrots and onions for added flavor. Added the salt when I made the gravy. I have plenty of stock left over and am sipping some now to stave off hunger until breakfast at 9:30 at the Backside. Which by the way Tony will most likely be scrambled eggs and bacon!

Temperature here this morning is 33.4 but seems colder. I think the forcast for the week is back in single digits. brrrr

Will check back later to see what everyone is doing today. We know that FF is getting his hair cut and shopping at shoprite.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi abs, chicken and gravy sounds yummy... :-) hope the backside was fun and delicious...

i'm a bit worried about the weather impacting my flight to nashville on tuesday morning...my plane is supposed to leave at 8:50 and land at 1, and i have an important meeting on music row at 4, so i cannot afford a delay...if it looks like the weather might be bad, i may have to leave tomorrow...

good day today:
b: tangerine
l: salad with evoo and acv and feta cheese
d: taking dw out?

also, went to the gym and did more than ever!...today i walked without a limp all day...i am so so happy that i am feeling normal for the first time in many many years!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, that is so wonderful about walking with no limp all day! When I think back to last summer of all the anxiety we all had about your upcoming surgery it sure was all worth it.

I hadn't really checked on the weather for the week until you mentioned it. Tuesday does not look all that great. Do you fly out of Manchester, Boston or Hartford?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg next 48 hours.jpg (32.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 01-21-2013 at 02:40 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Reading some interesting posts from a uk site called mums.net that was mentioned on new posts this morning about mosley's 5:2 diet. It is similar to judd but you only fast on 500 calories 2 times a week on non consecutive days. If you google mums.net 5:2 diet there are hundreds of posts about it.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, all. Happy MLK Day! Our office is open so I'm working away.

Tony, that is such great news about your hip. Not walking without a limp is a wonderful thing. I am having EXCELLENT results from that supplement I'm taking. My knee pain is pretty much gone - just have an occasional tweak everynow and then. I'm walking so much better now. It is great, isn't it!

Abi, your food sounds so yummy! I wish we lived closer, I'd be at your house for meals all the time.

ff, I'm glad you like the cold weather. I guess it's all relative....I wouldn't like your Summers either with the high humidity. Enjoy! We are going to hit 79 today - record breaking high. So a week ago we broke cold records and now we are breaking heat records. It's no wonder people are ill!

Have a great day!

Marilee
Old 01-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, come on down! Or I guess I should say come on up! I will have dinner on the table for you. What's on your menu for today?

My sister and I had a great time going through the Kringle shops yesterday. We got the best table in the house for lunch. A corner table with high back leather chairs and nice views from the windows. I had a salad with crumbled blue cheese, dried cranberries, candied walnuts and different kinds of lettuce. The dressing was clear but very tasty.

We didn't buy a thing! lol My sister saw a table lamp at the candle shop she is interested in. She took a picture of it to show her DH. If she decides to get it I will run up after work some day and pick it up for her

We had a little snow early this morning. I am hoping the drive to work will be alot less stressful than it was earlier in the week.

Tony, did you fly to Nashville yesterday? Good luck on your meeting today on Music Row at 4!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #144

good for you, Tony! I expect to see you in the next Olympics.,

I hope you get to Nashville w/o incident, and that goes for the return trip as well. This weekend, I had the computer AND cable out on me. The cable guy (not Larry)came yesterday. The computer is fixed, but i have no liquid assets to pay. I need to be off on Friday to get to the bank. Otherwise, i will have to wait till Jan 24, to visit my money again. No, I do not have (nor do i want)a credit card/debit card, or an ATM card. At least i was able to watch DVDs, and listen to music this weekend. So, it was not a total loss. However, i missed the most recent episode of Downton Abbey on PBS. As far as food goes, the clothes are getting gradually larger. I will probably get more structualized when i retire. i abandoned ATKINS 72, recently, because I love veggies/salads too much now, and I do not want to limit myself to the really small portions of the beginning of ATKINS 72'. Diets are for tweaking. F-24 days to go-F
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #145

Sorry, Abi...the files are closed on that subject!

oh, by the way, it is inderesting you mentioned feta cheese, Tony. I ALWAYS wanted to like feta. i tried it several times, when i was in Greece. Much too salty. Yet, I like it in cooked recipes, like Greek Tiropites(Cheese pies). I guess it lost some of its saltiness in the cooking. there was also kaseri, and a delicicous Cretan gruyere. 1971 was a discovery year foodwise. Before my trip to Greece, i was your basic meat and potatos troll. Tomorrow, it is forecast i will be waking up to 8 degrees Fahrenheit. Lucky me! FF
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

ff, are you still doing WW's? And if so, have you opted for the LC way? What is the new 360 plan? As you can see, I'm very curious
Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #147

i am not going to meetings.

i have not looked at the new literature extremely carefully. there is no change in the food values, since last year. i AM doing low carb, and watching my portions. Not in a mood to write down what i eat. I have decades of experience in food value points. I do count carb grams. I do read labels. My pants are getting less tight. I am happy with my progress. FF
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, thanks for the info and congratulations on the loose pants!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #149

finding it difficult to exhale today.

had a lousy day at work-COMPUTERS-aaaaaaaagh! I was so beside myself with rage, that i cancelled today's dental appointment. i rescheduled for Feb 4. No way i could have done it today even with a truckload (and i mean a different expression than TRUCK) of novocaine. In an effort to cut down diet soda, somewhat, (i already have already, but doing it by degrees), i began using crystal light/crystal ice.I have no desire to end diet soda consumption, just consume much less (kaching, kaching wise) Now i am overdoing crystal light. FF
Old 01-23-2013, 03:43 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Extremely cold here this morning. 7 degrees. DH got up during the night to put more wood in the stove so the house temp is 70. That sounds warm but does not feel warm. I have my jacket on! lol FF, I know you are loving this!

Our free lunches are on Tuesday now. They provided chili, corn bread and salad. I had salad only which was very good. My other meals consisted of a small bowl of homemade chicken soup, pork skins and dip, another salad, coffee with cream and coconut oil.

Roads had plenty of salt and sand on them going to work yesterday. I think they heard alot of criticism from people about the roads earlier in the week.

FF, sorry about your computer problems yesterday. Hope all goes smoothly today!

Hope you all have a great Wed!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-23-2013 at 03:44 AM..
Closed Thread