Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
no beef for the troll today.

so, i got jerk chicken and string beans. Tony, congrats on the 1 lb loss. that is 3,500 calories beyond the regular thermogenesis. I will be running around again tomorrow. I hope the rain holds off till i get home. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Tony how did you know?! And it was about the same exact thing as last time!

Making chicken for dinner tonight and I hope I can eat it because I am getting weak with all this sickness! Also hoping to get at least 30 min of exercise in tonight too.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, my son did well and always has fun hanging with his teammates...his school won an exciting match 37-36...

jenn, sounds like you are really thinking all this through...i think that is an important step...it's not always easy figuring out what is causing us to do what we do...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in 41 minutes!)...

the lobster and steamers were great!...took the day off from the gym but will go tomorrow morning...no pt til next tuesday, so i will do another gym session over the weekend...
Old 01-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Happy Birthday Jennifer! Hope you have a wonderful binge free day!

You asked how many years DH and I have been married. A long, long time. We started dating in high school at 16 and married at 21. Our oldest grand child will graduate from high school in May. I will let you all do the math.

We have reservations to eat at the Farm Table tomorrow evening. Very glad I got that $100.00 gift certificate for there after printing a sample menu with prices off the computer.

Yesterday they announced the two seasonal people had been hired permanently. They had both worked 90 days for the company. So we shall see what happens the end of March for me.

I also had wondered if it was the same friend you were having problems with before, Artemis. Hope it all works out for you both. Also hope you were able to eat something nourishing last night so you can get your strength back!

Several sites this morning say they can't find the server so I am going to sign off before I lose this site too.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi everyone. Happy Friday!

Happy birthday, Jennifer! I hope you have a marvelous day.

Well, we are in for a cold weekend. It hasn't been as cold as they are projecting in years - freezing and below freezing tomorrow morning through Tuesday (time to cover up my plants) and then then highs on Friday and Saturday will only be in the 40's....Yikes! I much prefer the heat.

Holding steady on plan - hope to get good news on Wednesday.

Tony, I love steamers and lobster. I so wish I could have joined you. It's hard to get good sea food here in the desert.

ff-counting down the days? Holy cow...time sure does go by quickly.

TTYL!

Marilee
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, jenn!...hope you have an awesome day...

artemis, that just proves that you are irresistible - it's flattering, but i guess it's hard to feel flattered when you have to deal with the fallout...keep your chin up...

marilee, we are getting that weather and they are calling it a heat wave!...haha!...congrats on staying on plan...

abs, i enjoyed breakfast at the farm table - i imagine dinner will be fabulous!...

ff, what is the date of your retirement?...have a great weekend...

had another good day today...went to the gym this morning - skipped breakfast, had a salad for lunch and baked haddock and veggies for dinner...my hip is feeling better every day - today was 5 days without any crutches...

have a great friday night!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I am enjoying our heat wave. Much better than the less than 10 degrees last week. I like lobster but not steamers. I used to like lobster with melted butter but I prefer it now as a cold salad with mayo.

Marilee, I never thought I would hear you say you preferred the heat! lol Happy to hear you are holding steady with the plan and love your "determined" avatar. You find the cutest ones!

Yesterday I had egg salad on a bed of lettuce, a large salad, pork skins and dip, diet soda, coffee with cream and 1tbl of coconut oil.

Other than dinner out tonight not much planned for the day except get caught up on house work and wash. What is everyone else doing today?

I will check back later and see how you all are!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
16 lb turkey is in the oven and berry rhubarb crisp made (LC beowolf's recipe). Clearing freezer space for 1/4 beef.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's 29 degrees outside! Dang! Yep, Abi, I know it gets hot here, but i don't like being cold....so I'm ready for winer to be over. BTW, my current avatar is one that this site has as an option, in case you are interested.

Wow, Vicki, a 16-pound turkey - when's dinner?

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. Needless-to-say, I'm not going out.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, I never think of turkey except on holidays. I love it - good idea!

I just put a batch of Linda Sue's meat balls in the oven to bake. FF, I have victoria's marinara sauce to simmer them in after they cook. Also picked up some more waist watchers diet vanilla cream soda today.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys...great to see y'all...

abs, i had three lobsters left over and cut them up and chilled them with mayo :-) one of my sons is eating it right now...can't wait to hear what you have for dinner tonight and how good it was...

vicki, i love turkey too...maybe i will make one soon - i think i will!...

marilee, you are too cute...can picture you all bundled up with the heat on...

i haven't eaten yet today but am making a spaghetti sauce as my cousin and his family are coming...i will have a few bites and some chicken and eggplant parm...

have a great afternoon, kiddies!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I had a warm pecan crusted goat cheese and roasted beetroot salad with arugula, orange segments and lemon honey vinaigrette and a prime grilled ribeye steak with red wine demi glace and sauteed autumn greens. In case you think I have a fantastic memory for details, we printed the menu before we went to decide what to order. It was all very good and I got 20% off the bill so have $30.00 left on my card. My sister and I are going down on a Sat. in afew weeks to look at their shops and will use that toward lunch.

Your homemade spagetti sauce and eggplant parmesan sounds delicious. Hope you had a nice visit with your cousin and family.

We are hoping sister in law from Georgia will be able to meet us today for breakfast. I think she will be flying home this week if her mom is doing ok from the broken hip. They were going to try to hire someone to come in and help her dad out. Give him a break to get out of the house some. I'm sure I will be having my standard bacon and eggs! lol

Still loving the thaw going on here. Roof is almost clear of ice. Now drive is another story. Once ice gets on that dirt it takes forever to melt. Walking down to get the mail yesterday was treacherous!

Weight still hovering around the same area and I'm not sure I am in ketosis any more. Not ready to do any thing drastic yet to shake things up. Just made the meat balls yesterday so will be bringing a couple of those with a little victoria marinara for lunch this week. (they are big meatballs) Just put a pot roast in the crock pot for dinner for the next few nights. After the steak last night I am craving beef.

Will check back later. Have a great Sunday all!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was glad we went while they still had all the Christmas lights and trees around the restaurant. So pretty. No, I didn't take this photo. It was on their facebook page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Farm Table.jpg (59.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 01-13-2013 at 02:41 AM..
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, that is such a beautiful place and your dinner choices sound awesome...i might have chosen the same thing!...we have a stone/gravel/dirt driveway too...my 17-year-old was on ice chopping duty yesterday...it can get so slippery and there is a slight downward slope from the house to the mid-way point, so that makes it even worse...it's about 125 feet long!

debating whether to go to the gym today, but i think i will...i hate a crowded gym and that is what i am afraid of...my son and i may see a movie today and i took some marinated chicken breasts, steak tips and sausage out of the freezer to throw on the grill later...

hope everyone has a great, on-plan day!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #105

THE BLOOM IS OFF THE ROSE!

What I mean is that the magic is gone. That is a GOOD thing. i went to 5 Guys on Friday. It felt like garbage in my mouth. It may be only temporary. Food consumption this whole weekend was not enjoyable. I DID enjoy the Metopera broadcast. It was a wonderful cast, especially the baritone (a Russian)who sounded very much like the late Piero Cappuccilli-one of my all time faves. Also, by Wednesday, the winter temps will return. This balminess is most unsatisfactory. Glad your son, and his team did well, Tony. The last day will be Feb 15. Also, there is something I had not realized since recently. In Kirk's time, a Klingon Bird of Prey can attain a speed of warp 9.8 unless there are 2 hump-backed whales aboard and the water needed to contain them. Even at my advanced years, I never stop learning. F-33 days to go-F
Old 01-14-2013, 03:44 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Blitzers! Hope you all had a good weekend, all rested up and motivated for a good week.

Had a fun breakfast with sister in law from Georgia yesterday at the backside restaurant. She will fly back to Georgia today. I had my two scrambled eggs and bacon Tony as you can see in the picture. lol Sister in law is the blond in front on the right.

I also had two of linda sue's meatballs with a little victoria marinara sauce, pot roast with a carrot and actually some potato which I haven't eaten in years. It tasted pretty starchy and not all that great but I was extra hungry and I want the small roast to last for at least another meal for DH. I could have eaten the whole roast myself. lol

My dept will be busy in production today, the other departments will be at the gift shop doing inventory.

Have a wonderful Monday all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (67.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 01-14-2013 at 03:45 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #107

i thought i was the only being on lcf....

who uses Victoria Marianara sauce. I have been telling everyone (HEWMON and otherwise). So many uses. Also, much impressed with the 16 lb turkey. i love turkey all year round. I still have my $15.00 raincheck for a turkey. Sometime after Feb 15. I will not engage in any culinary enterprise before that date. Too tired after work. That includes housework too. I want to do a roast beef too, but I do not have the patience to scrounge through the meat section to find one. I am still not hungry anyway. Today is the dental visit, the one with the pain. May the Gods see me through this. F-32 days to go-F
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Well, I popped on the scale this morning for a sneak peak and if I don't start holding water, I should see good news on the scale.

Abi, that dinner you had sounded awesome! Are you in the picture? If so, which person are you?

Tony, your dinner sounded great too! It's not even 8AM and I'm hungry.

It is so cold here - I covered my plants the last two days, but they still sustained some damange. Two more mornings in the 20's and then I won't have to cover them any longer. I don't own clothes for this weather

Well, butter get to work. Just for you Tony, here are today's eats:

B-MF fruit loops cereal
S-MF fruit and nut crunch bar
L-MF chicken and wild rice woup
S-MF dutch chocolate shake
D-chicken breast on lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions, with ranch dressing
S-MF brownie

TTYL

Last edited by Gibby; 01-14-2013 at 08:50 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #109

Gibby, i never knew it got that cold in Phoenix.

i hope the plants survive. Abi, I could think of a number of reasons why it is called the BACKSIDE restaurant, but I think the owners had a reason different from what i could imagine. Please enlighten us. As I am working, I am listening to my new 4 cd set of Wolfgang Windgassen, who, like his father before him (Fritz Windgassen)was a great Wagner tenor. Try not to be jealous. FF
Old 01-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, it hasn't been this cold since 1988 - at least that's what the news is saying. I watched the Weather Channel and apparently there is a cold front that has dipped way down to northern Mexico, so those of us in the SW are actually colder than some parts of the rest of the country. Weird.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hi all! I have been emotionally out of sorts the past few days thus the reason for my lack of posts. But I have stuck with my eating window very strictly and have been doing good with workouts. But, I probably have eaten too many calories during my windows, especially this weekend. The weather was cold and nasty which always makes you want to eat. I guess you win some, you lose some! It started sleeting this afternoon so everyone tried to leave work and it took me 1.5 hrs to get home! I will try to resist the urge to stress-eat. Tomorrow I have a dr's appointment which means they'll be recording my weight, so I'll weigh at home in the morning. Sounds like you all are doing well.

Gibby, sorry you are having to deal with the cold. It is freezing here too! By the way, what is "MF" in your menu??
Old 01-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, that mf stands for medi-fast - a program marilee has gotten good results with...sorry you have felt out of sorts, but happy you're back!...sarah has been on vacation in puerto rico, so she has missed the cold...she's having a blast - she went sailing and snorkeling yesterday...

abs, that's a cute group...so when are we gonna see you in one of these photos?...lol...not that your breakfast isn't beautiful!...btw, how are things at the wax museum since you became an employee?...does anyone treat you differently?...

ff, i can't believe how quickly your retirement is coming...are they planning a party for you?...

marilee, i LOVE that menu!...can't believe they have mf fruit loops!!!...you're doing great, girl!

good day today...went to the gym yesterday and skipped today...still feeling stronger every day...i will do pt tomorrow, the gym on weds, pt on thurs and then back to the doc on friday...i will also try to make it to the gym on sat and mon before i leave for nashvegas on friday...

today:
b: skipped
l: salad
d: grilled chicken, sausage and steak tips
Old 01-15-2013, 03:44 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, I am always the one who brings the camera and takes the pictures so am hardly ever in them. I don't like to have my picture taken so don't ask someone to take the camera and include me in a shot. This makes my daughter e-mail me back " Why aren't you ever in these pictures?" lol

Tony, I would say the people at the plant treat me the same. They are a great bunch of "kids" for the most part. Mainly under 30 and my supervisor is 22! They all said "it's about time" when I got hired. I feel different though. Not like at any moment I will get the call that they don't need me anymore. It is a good feeling.
Will Sarah be back home when you get to Nashville? I know you want to see her. What movie did you see with your son the other day. I never go to the movies but I know there are several very good ones showing right now.

Marilee, I am sorry some of those beautiful plants are damaged for the cold. Wow, in the 20's - that is cold for New Hampshire too. Do you have a good heating system at work and home? Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow!

FF, I think it is called The Backside because it faces what used to be Brattleboro's only big parking lot behind the main shops. You can get to the restaurant from the street but you have to go down a long hall with other shops on the way and the restaurant is at the end of the hall. Most people park in the parking lot and climb up some stairs. So the restaurant is on the back side of the building? Hope you enjoyed your cd as you worked. Now that you will be retiring in afew weeks, what exactly do you do at the hospital - billing or something similar?

Artemis, those ice storms are terrible. In the 80's we had a very bad one in Huntsville, Alabama. We got several inches of ice that lasted for weeks. They let us go home at 9am and what usually took me 30 min. to get home took me 3 hours! ugh Hope your Dr.s appointment goes well today.

I had 3 meatballs yesterday with sauce, pot roast with one onion and one carrot, pork skins and dip, coffee with cream and my coconut oil.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-15-2013 at 03:46 AM..
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 AM   #114

billing and something similar, Abi.

THE MIRACLE IS HAPPENING. I am showing them carbs who's boss. Now ALL my pants are loose. I am eating now, not because i am very hungry, or because my appetite is aroused, but because it is not good to go beyond 6 hrs of waking time without solid food. Yesterday, I forgot to bring my amoxicillin, 4 capsules of which i need to take 1 hr before any dental procedure. This is because of invasive procedures from the past. So, today I remembered (drat). If i do not survive today's episode, let me say it was a joy having y'all as(non-inheriting) family, and I nominate Tony as Blitz leader. However, i shall try to be optimistic. I hope to be here tomorrow at this time. F-31 days to go-F
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations on the loose pants, ff! That's wonderful. And only 31 days more. Yea for you! I hope you dentist appointment goes well.

26 freaking degrees this morning! One more morning like that and then the cold front will move over to the rest of you guys. The high is supposed to be 51 today but by Friday, we will be back at 71! Yea!

On plan and excited about weighing in tomorrow.

Today's eats:

B-MF fruit loops
S-MF strawberry shake
L-MF chicken and wild rice soup
S-MF caramel crunch bar
D-chicken and green beans
S-MF chocolate chip cookie

Last edited by Gibby; 01-15-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Old 01-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #116

part 1 is over. part 2 next tues.

it will be a different dentist, as this one(Dr Chen) will be in the OR for 2 weeks. He is great. I will miss him. Tonight, i will consume some turkey breast. I would ordinarily be starving, as I had nothing yet today. But, i am fine. FF
Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i'm happy you survived and i didn't have to try to justify your vote of confidence! haha!...you are rocking this blitz, my brother and i am proud of you...too bad you can't weigh in - i think the scale would give you a lot of encouragement now...

actually, i am proud of everyone right now... :-)

marilee, i am betting you have a great weigh-in tomorrow...hope the plants survive...mother nature has a way of taking care of things...once again, your mf menu sounds great!

hey artemis, i am gonna be in town next week, flying in on tuesday afternoon and back home again on saturday morning...i will pm you my cell number, and if you find yourself with a free night and want to hang out with sarah and i or wanna meet some very nice songwriters, holler at me...

had a great pt session today...my therapist took a bunch of measurements of strength and range of motion and she said i have made remarkable progress...i still need more pt to build up some muscles and balance, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!... hopefully the surgeon will concur with that when i see him on friday...tomorrow i will hit the gym and thursday it's back to pt, so i should be walking pretty well by friday...the limp is becoming less and less noticeable...

barring a major setback, i will NOT be taking any crutch to nash-v, which was a major goal of mine!... i may even use the gym at my apartment complex in nashville next week...

today:
b: banana
l: salad
d: leftover eggplant parm

hope everyone is having a great night!

Last edited by tony8; 01-15-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had our first free lunch provided by The Farm Table yesterday. Unfortunately it was a big pan of pasta with a tomato sauce and since I don't eat pasta I figured I was out of luck. But they also brought a big pan of salad and it was similar to what I had Sat. night. Very good and I put their blue cheese dressing on it. Now if they will bring a salad each week I won't have any worries a bout going hungry!

It just started snowing pretty hard. Will call work at 5:30 just to make sure they haven't called it off. It still surprises me that other than schools, they call off things for snow. I don't remember that happening while I was growing up in the north.

Tony, terrific that you won't have to use crutches or a cane to make the trip to Nashville. Your buddies down there will be surprised to see how great you are doing and not have to watch you walk with pain any more.

FF, fantastic about the loose pants. Better get some suspenders before you start to feel a draft! lol

Well, I will check back later if I end up not working today.

Yesterday for eats besides the big salad I had two meatballs with sauce, pot roast, pork skins with dip, coffee with cream and coconut oil.

Have a wonderful day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-16-2013 at 03:36 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #119

don't want suspenders.

still serving a suspended sentence ha ha ha. i will see the#s on the scale soon enough, when i go to the Dr. on 2/19/13 (2/18/13 is Presidents' Day). scale #s never lifted my spirits, whether they were up or down. Several times a year is enough. Listening to one of my fave tenors on this computer-Peter Anders. He died in his prime in a car crash on the autobahn in Germany in 1954. He was only 46, and left a wife and children, and put to rest a truly golden voice. F-THIRTY DAYS TO GO-F
Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning and good news! Dropped another 2.8 pounds for a total of 10.4 since 12/26. Feeling good this Blitz and so want to accomplish my goals.

Tony, I'm so proud of you and the work you have put in to our pt. You are amazing.

Abi, the salad sounded great! Maybe you could keep some atkins bars on hand "just in case".

Hi Jennifer, Arti, Jen and Vicki! We miss you......

Thank goodness after 5 mornings of below freezing temperatures, it's over! High shoudl be 65 today, whew!

Have a great day everyone. I'll check back later!
Closed Thread