Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Hi everyone!

Yesterday was cold and rainy, and that plus Vicki's post about ham & bean soup put me in a soup mood. I was hoping for split pea, but the closest Whole Foods had was white bean & kale, so I ended up with chicken & shrimp jambalaya soup. Not very jambalaya-ish, but good.

Yesterday:
brunch - 2 sausage patties, scrambled eggs & cranberry chipotle cheddar cheese on l/c tortilla; coffee w/hwc & divinci's
d - 1/2 container Whole Foods shrimp and chicken jambalaya soup, salad (lettuce, sunburst tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese dressing)
72.9 oz water, 1 can of diet coke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post

jennifer, sounds like you have a good handle on the psychology of all this...i applaud you for knowing your current level of motivation and setting appropriate goals - that will help you avoid disappointment...
The decision to concentrate on stopping binging as opposed to weight loss was easy to make in the midst of binging. But the temptation to get back into weight loss mode reared its head a few times yesterday when my jeans felt tight, but I know me, and that would lead me into a last day to eat mindset which would lead to a binge. And undo any accomplishments from the last 5 days. On the flip side, I am not giving in to every whim. I saw cheesecake at the store yesterday and thought about how good a piece would be. But my birthday is Friday, and a piece of praline cheesecake from the restaurant we are going to that day is in the plan. I can wait.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #62

Gallery: flatferenghi
you are not alone re: binge history, Jen.

I have been fighting that battle for decades. Not as bad as it used to be, but it is always there, lurking. We WILL be successful. FF
Old 01-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abi, did i really beat you by only one freakin' minute this morning?!...wow!...how were the eggs today? - hope they didn't taste like eggs...haha!...i also hope that ham is in a hefty bag somewhere :-)

ff, i remember when you were doing that - i was stunned then and am still in disbelief of how much effort you put into getting to that gym!...hope you are having a good weekend!

vicki, i hate it when dw makes brownies - she makes the ghirardelli dark chocolate and adds chopped walnuts and i rarely can pass them up completely when they are sitting there, all warm and chewy...i try to limit it to one bite, but that doesn't always work either ;-)

having a good day...spent a chunk of it with a former employee...i had a few things i wanted to give him...we went out to breakfast and i thought of abi as i ate my two eggs and bacon...skipped lunch and had a couple of leftover chicken wings for a snack a few minutes ago...i made a baked ziti dish for the fam and i will have a salad for dinner, a little later on...

hope y'all are having a great day!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

jennifer, my sister's birthday is on friday - she turns 48...i can't believe it...i remember when she was a baby...hope you have a great one!...
Old 01-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hey Tony, can you beat 3:51am? Ha Ha

Jennifer, you definately made the wise choice to stick with the no binging and not getting into the weight loss just yet. I would have had the same reaction of "the last day to eat mindset". I have put on so many pounds over the years doing just that. Eat today because I am going to diet tomorrow and then tomorrow never comes. Your choice of foods are very healthy too. When you do feel you are ready to start to lose weight I would not even think "I am going to start tomorrow", I would just VERY slowly start to cut back so you fool your mind about what you are up to.

Tony, I did stick with my two scrambled eggs and bacon yesterday. Tony, hope you enjoyed your breakfast of the same. The eggs were too eggy as usual but filling but the bacon was cooked to perfection for me. Speaking of brownies, that was the dessert on Friday. It was sooo hard to pass one up. I keep telling myself "it just won't be worth it" and so far that is keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Vicki, you have always been so good about getting some great exercise time in! It is a good thing that my job now requires me to move around and do a little lifting. If I were still home I would be pretty sluggish I'm afraid.

FF, we will be successful as you said yesterday. This is THE Blitz that is going to do it!! We are going to get make sure you have a good retirement send off next month!

Marilee, how are you feeling now? Hope the sinus infection is long gone! Have a good day at work today!

Artemis, did you get some good rest this weekend? What did you do for fun?

Yesterday I had my bacon and eggs, an atkins crustless chicken pot pit, a big salad, pork skins and dip, coffee with cream, a diet soda and a tbl of coconut oil. Still in ketosis, scale just bouncing around the same two pounds. Not ready to change things up just yet.

Have a great Monday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-07-2013 at 01:56 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

abi, you are a NUT!...no wonder you're in bed by 6 p.m...lol...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccccck! I've read everyone's posts, but it would take me forever to comment on everything.

It seems we are all doing well for the new year. Except for being sick, I've been on plan. I didn't eat much when I was ill, but it wasn't all MF foods.

Back at work and have a lot to do!

My new weigh-in day is Wednesday...I started back on plan the day after Christmas. We will see what happens this week - I expect good news.

BTW, I watched Dr. Oz and he was talking about water. If you drink too much water, you just pee it away. I know we need water, but I think too much stress is put on it. I figure 8 glasses a day should be enough.

TTYL

Marilee

Last edited by Gibby; 01-07-2013 at 09:55 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
I had something wrong with my stomach all weekend and I spent most of it in the bathroom! It could have been food poisoning but then again my body does weird things to me and my doctors still haven't come up with a definite diagnosis on that. My stomach's not 100% still today but I did make it to work. On the bright side, I should have lost some water weight right?
While camping out on the couch, I looked up web sites for a few gyms and it seems they are more expensive than what I really want to pay right now. Especially when I know I have lots of DVD's at home that I can do for free. I really wanted to train for long distance walking/jogging though, but I guess it'll have to wait until the weather's nicer and when I have more daylight hours in the evenings when I get home. Only a couple of months so I can wait until then and make do with what I have in the meantime. I'm thinking a mixture of Callanetics, Zumba, kickboxing etc so that I don't get bored.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

artemis, sorry there aren't any reasonably priced gyms in a decent neighborhood near you, but i agree that you have a great backup plan to train and stay in shape...hope you are feeling better...

marilee!!!!...good to see you...sounds like you are gonna see good news on the scale on wednesday which is my weigh-in day too - we're twins!!!...

today:
b: 1 hb egg white
l: green banana
d: burgers
Old 01-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Jennifer, a planned treat is ok, I think.

Artemis, I hope you are feeling better.

Gibby, weigh in Wednesday, better than Mondays.

ff, you are always so positive, thanks.

Abi, are pork skins the same as the pork rinds? I used to go hog wild over those, no pun intended. But, got sick of them. At least exercise is one thing I continue to do. But, I have proven that exercise alone won't get off the weight.

Tony, Wednesdays for you too? Hmm, I suppose I could too and we could be triplets LOL

I haven't had a totally clean day yet but, who is to blame. It always starts off well, then I get into crap and it goes to pot.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #71

gettin' back to work tomorrow...good.. i need to relax.

did a lot of running around today. also, did lots of housework. got rid of old tv, and horrible looking old gray rug. Place looks more spacious. The cabinet upon which the tv sat, i moved into the dinette. It will now house THE MAGIC BULLET, EXPRESS 101, and the attachments of the RONCO (the baskets, skewers, booklets etc). The former two mentioned are still in the box. I will finally be able to start using them. The EXPRESS 101 will be great for portion control. I DID reward myself. There was of course the opera broadcast (Les Troyens by Hector Berlioz). I hope PBS will be broadcasting it later on. I also have a 6 DVD set of George Carlin, of which I watched 4 so far. Did you not hear my laughing? Jen, hope your birthday will be smashing! Not hungry today. Been drinking mostly, water, crystal light, coffee diet soda. F-39 days to go?- F
Old 01-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Had a real rough patch last night for the first time since Nov. 1st. Not sure what set it off - maybe the SEC Championship game last night between Alabama and Notre Dame. Roll Tide y'all! I had a handfull of cashews and a tbl of peanut butter. Could have been worse but I went to bed (did not watch the game) and feel strong again today. Hope it lasts all day. Our free lunches at work are going to be on Tuesdays now and in a week or two will be provided by our Farm Table restaurant. Today will be from Village Pizza so I will eat the tops off two slices.

Vicki, those pork skins are the same as pork rinds. They have been life savers for me. I know what you mean about getting sick of them. I have also over the years but these last 2 months eating them with homemade sour cream dip ( I use the ranch dip or fiesta dip packages and go easy on adding it to afew dollops of the sc) has given me the carby snacking fix I crave.

FF, you are really going to town getting your apartment organized and spuced up. We can tell you are super charged on getting ready for that wonderful retirement next month!

Marilee, good luck to you and Tony on the weigh ins tomorrow!

Jennifer, if I forget your birthday is Friday hope it is a very happy one. It will be DH's and my wedding anniversary that day also.

Besides the nuts which are a very dangerous binge food for me I also had pork skins and dip, tuna salad on a bed of lettuce, coffee with cream, a diet soda, and one tbl of coconut oil.

Have a wonderful day Blitzers!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #73

physically, i am not very super-charged at all....

after the super left, at about 2 pm. i did nothing at all for the rest of the day. i had no energy whatsoever. after work,today, i will do a very little of what i planned to do yesterday. The real work comes AFTER retirement...the thinning out of the shelves and closets. Of course, i mean the stuff ON the shelves and IN the closets. I have been threatening myself to begin vit b12. I have the sublingual tablets, but they have been sitting there for months. Pity there is no cherry flavored chewable b12. well, today is the dentist appt. there goes my lunch hour. Artemis, I am certainly no authority on exercise, but there must be a dvd for every kind of exercise one can imagine. Atr least you can use a few of those, until a reasonably priced gym opportunity is available. F-38 days to go-F
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

abs, if what you ate last night passes for a real "rough patch", you are doing so well and i'm proud of you!...congrats on the championship!...

ff, you'll have an estate in that apt by the time you retire!

vicki, seems like you are doing a little better every day and getting into the right frame of mind...

well, i jumped on the scale for a quick pre-weigh-in day picture of where i was and am in shock...i gained 2.4 lbs this week!!!!!!....i am working out almost every day and feel so much stronger, but i can't gain weight!...i am already way too heavy...

i have to just keep doing what i am doing and believe that this is temporary and my weight will move in the other direction this week...i am not eating much at all and exercising my butt off!...

had a rigorous pt session yesterday and went to the gym this morning...did over a mile on the treadmill in 23 minutes without limping, although i did hold on to one rail, and did the 30-minute strength training circuit...i was able to do twice what i could do last thursday...gonna try to drink a lot of water today...
Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #75

yes, Tony, I will...IF I live through Monday.

I am a sniveling, cowardly Troll as regards dental visits. today, i got away with x-rays only. that i could do all day. the FUN begins on Monday. Tonight, i am gonna have a few franks with mustard and kraut, and a Dr. Browns diet Cream soda. As a child, 2 franks, fries or knish, & soda, and a tip to the waiter, in a kosher deli-I still got back change of a dollar. But, owing to the sodium situation, i confine my franks to twice a year, the other being July 4th. I thought time would slow up as i approach retirement day. However, it is quite the opposite. I am in a very surreal existence. FF
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

ff, it has to be weird after all those years in one place...i got a taste of it when i sold the store, but i am too young and have too many expenses (especially tuitions!) to retire, and no pension, so i'm still working...however, it is different when you don't have to be in a particular place at a particular time every day...you're gonna enjoy that part of retirement!

i had two bunless hot dogs with chili, mustard and onions for dinner, a salad for lunch and an hb egg white for breakfast...

i have drunk a lot of water today, but haven't peed much, so i'm worried i'm gonna weigh 250 lbs. tomorrow! :-)
Old 01-09-2013, 02:09 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

omg, call the police!...put out an APB!...where is she??????...on a workday???...
Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, the fact that I tempted myself with the nuts was the scary thing. Sometimes that is all it takes to fall into the binge pit. I am going to try very hard to not do that again!

Artemis, you have a great collection of exercise videos. I think you will get a great workout doing them and will not have to spend your hard earned money going to a gym that is not in a safe neighborhood.

FF, I too am scared of the dentist. Hope all goes well for you on Monday!

Yesterday I had the tops of two pizza slices, both with lots of meat and cheese on them, pork skins with dip, and a big salad.

Not much going on here. KC has not decided for sure if or when we will go to 4 days a week. I sure hope they do. Working 4 10 hour days will be rough but the trade off will be terrific. I will feel like I am semi - retired. lol

I did just download a free anti virus program since the one I had expired and I was not happy with them. A year ago about a month after I had renewed them they went into my debit account and charged me $75.00 for an upgrade. Had to get in touch with the bank to go after them which they did and the money was put back in. Then I had to change my debit card number so they couldn't do that again. My brother has had trouble with them in the past too.

Have a wonderful day Blitzers!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:43 AM   #79

i am ready for Monday....

i have the funeral parlor on retainer...Hermann Munster is standing by. Last night I had 3 franks, mustard and kraut. They tasted better when they were 20 cents. I will and am drinking lots of water to deal with all the sodium. Next Frank will be July 4. F-37 days to go-F
Old 01-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Still having stomach issues and not able to eat much at all without feeling sick. Also having some personal problems with a friend so needless to say things have been better! They have been worse too so perhaps I should not complain...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Good morning! I had good news on the scale today. I lost 5.4 pounds this past week. So that, plus the 2.2 the first week of our Blitz totals - drum roll please - 7.6 pounds!

It is exciting, but I need to remember that this is for the long haul, so keep going steady and DON'T QUIT!

ff, I have a great dentist so I don't mind going as much as I used to. He has a great, crazy personality so we get on fine - wind up laughing through a lot of the time. Kind of hard with your mouth open and someone's hand in there

Keep strong everyone! Remember, we can do this.....

I SO WANT weight loss to NOT be a new years resolve next year.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #82

i have no problem with DENTISTS

it is the evil work they do they scares the bejesus out of me. Well, my appetite is not scared. It is in a most agressive mood. I am gonna have a little something to tide me over till lunch/sausage egg thingie (w/o the thingie.) FF
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

hey marilee!!!!!!...congrats!!!...i'm so proud of you!!!...keep up the great work!...

artemis, sorry you still are not feeling well...hope it's not the flu that is an epidemic up here...

good day today...pt appt this morning and so far today:
b: 1/2 banana
l: grilled salmon w/ a few sweet potato chunks
d: ?

off to my son's wrestling match!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

It looks like the company will do a test the first week of Feb. on going to a 4 day week. Then the second week they will go back to a 5 day week. After that we will decide which we like best. Hoping everyone likes the 4 day best!

Marilee, wonderful about losing the 7.6 pounds since the beginning of the blitz. I too do not want to be still trying to get with the program a year from now!

FF, hope you enjoyed your sausage and egg thingie without the thingie. lol

Tony, how is your son's wrestling team doing? I bet your pt is thrilled with your progress so far!

Artemis, how are you feeling today? Sorry about the problem with your friend.

Hey Jennifer and Vicki! How are things going with you both?

Yesterday I had egg salad on lettuce, pork skins and dip and a large salad, coffee with cream and a tbl of coconut oil.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

hey abs, hope you get your 4-day work week...they may also want to see how the change affects production, so i hope everyone pushes hard during the test week...

artemis, this isn't the same friend who last year wanted to be more than friends, is it?...

ff, i hope your thingy is fine today :-)
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #86

well, i am fine guys, with or without my thingie!

Wish your wrestler good luck for me, Tony. Artemis, please take care of yourself. So far, so good regarding the flu. Everyone around me has had a rather nasty bout of it though. Yesterday was the slowest afternoon at work. the "system" was down, and that made the last 2 hours seem like an eternity. It came back up in the last 20 minutes of my work day. If i had any doubts at all at retirement at this time (and I do not), my decision was re-enforced by yesterday's tech hijinx. SCREAM. I hope the cafeteria has some cow for lunch today. F-36 days to go-F
Old 01-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

well, kiddies, i don't know what i am having for breakfast or lunch, but i am making steamed clams and lobsters for dinner...my former partner, who is from finland is here visiting and he loves seafood, so we are hanging out for a couple of days and he is coming to dinner tonight...

forgot to report i was 226.4 yesterday, down 1 lb. from the day before...i also felt better after talking to my son, who recently joined the same gym and told me he gained 5-6 lbs after starting his training regimen...so, we shall see!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #88

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07

Sorry I have been scarce; been busy. Work is as stressful as ever and about to get worse. Just have to keep reminding myself that I am one of the lucky ones to even have a job.

Eating is going well. No binges but I did give in to TOM cravings w/2 chips ahoy cookies Monday night.

Yesterday:
b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter topped w/provolone cheese; coffee w/hwc & s/f torani's
l - 1 oz peanuts (I was unprepared - bad Jen!)
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, caesar salad
2 l water, 1 can of Fresca

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
I have been fighting that battle for decades. Not as bad as it used to be, but it is always there, lurking. We WILL be successful. FF
Yes we will
Your comment made me think about how long I have been binging, and it has been decades for me too. The first binge I can remember was when I was 16, and I will be 41 tomorrow, so almost 25 years. Over half my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
jennifer, my sister's birthday is on friday - she turns 48...i can't believe it...i remember when she was a baby...hope you have a great one!...
to your sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Jennifer, you definately made the wise choice to stick with the no binging and not getting into the weight loss just yet. I would have had the same reaction of "the last day to eat mindset". I have put on so many pounds over the years doing just that. Eat today because I am going to diet tomorrow and then tomorrow never comes. Your choice of foods are very healthy too. When you do feel you are ready to start to lose weight I would not even think "I am going to start tomorrow", I would just VERY slowly start to cut back so you fool your mind about what you are up to.
I finally got it through my stubborn head that I will not get to my weight loss goal until I get the binging under control. Until then it will be a constant diet/binge (sometimes purge) cycle, and I just had to stop it, even if it meant putting my weight loss on hold and even <eek!> gaining weight.
Hope you get the schedule you want. DH works 9 hours M-Th and 4 hours on Friday.
Happy Anniversary!!! How many years (if you don't mind answering)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Good morning! I had good news on the scale today. I lost 5.4 pounds this past week. So that, plus the 2.2 the first week of our Blitz totals - drum roll please - 7.6 pounds!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #89

TWO chips ahoy...that is GREAT JEN

i ALWAYS ATE THE WHOLE PACKAGE. If i had been able to be reasonable in my portions like that, I would neither be diabetic, nor obese. I am in control with certain foods like nuts, (and recently with peanut butter). I do not know how it happened. it was a gift from the gods. FF
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #90

GIBBY-congrats on the lbs lost.

You are certainly getting this Blitz off to a great start. I am so encouraged. TONY, How was the wrestling match? I hope your son did well. I would have been a great wrestler if i was competing for food, Latinum, or OOMOX. FF
Closed Thread