Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
okay, laugh it up guys!...i can crunch on chips too! :-)

marilee, that photo is so pretty...is that near your home?...shake off the digression - it's only one day - no big deal...

abs, i just have to ask: how were the scrambled eggs and bacon this morning???...nicola's was EXCELLENT by the way...maybe when your hubby is feeling up to it, the four of us could meet for dinner there sometime - my treat...

this has been a weird day so far...was supposed to go to the gym this morning but got sidetracked by dw and have an errand to run for a friend in boston this afternoon, so it is looking like the gym will have to wait til tomorrow morning...i hate putting it off...

so far, all i've eaten today is one meatball...may get some wings for dinner...

ff, have fun at your bro's house...when will we see you again?...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/333.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
I'm not sure exactly where this picture was taken. I live in the city, but the desert is never far away. It is in the Phoenix area.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

marilee, for some reason i did not think you lived in the city...are you downtown?...in the suburbs?...

we did get wings tonight and they were good...gymtime in the a.m...gonna push it!

where's britt?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Well, Monday morning. Hope everyone has a good week! DH brought home a meat lover's pizza yesterday so I had the tops off of two slices. Am bringing some chopped up deli meat, cheese, pickles and tomatoes that were in a sub sandwich he brought home and only ate 1/4 of. I hate to see good food go to waste. Sometimes I feel like a human garbage disposal. When I am trying to lose weight and keep my head on straight I like to eat very simple food. Oh well, I will hope for the best this week.

Tony and Marilee, I will probably take my official weigh in on Saturday as Easter Sunday I know I will be eating some carbs which will make my weight go up on Monday - weigh in day.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

abs, you can weigh in any day you want to...

got some things to do and then it will be off to the gym...my tenant sent me an e-mail this morning and wants to have a "conversation" with me...i'm thinking, when they have to give me a warning first, i can only imagine what she wants to talk about... :-)

no idea what i am eating today!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone!

Tony, envision Phoenix like L.A. one city connected to and melding into another. Sun City is one of the melded cities - one giant metropolis in the middle of the desert.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

yeah, marilee...we drove through there on two of our rv trips...actually, we drove all over arizona two consecutive years and i LOVE it!...didn't spend any real time in phoenix, but it was beautiful from the road...the deserts are unbelievable...i love the southwest - spent a lot of time in utah and new mexico too - we did 33 national parks over three summers...
Old 03-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

i worry when i don't see britt for a couple of days...with the economy the way it is, sometimes the pickins in the fridge can get a little light, and there is a growing boy in the apartment after all, and he does tend to get hungry at night, in his sleep, and she is lying there all warm and toasty on her silk sheets looking good enough to......................

omg, where the heck is britt!!!!!?????
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Free lunch today but they didn't tell us what it would be. I went ahead and packed the last of the deli meat. Hoping they will at least have a salad on the side.

Tony, now you are creeping me out worried about Britt! lol Oh Britt, please check in so we know you are ok!

Miss FF when he goes out of town.

Did I mention that my 90 day review is coming up Thursday if they are not late?

Driving DH's truck today while he gets the ball joint fixed. Not as nervous as I was the last time I drove it. Have my pillows ready to sit on so I can reach the pedals. lol

Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

He saw the outline of her luscious curves in the filtered moonlight. He was filled with a desire he hadn't felt since breakfast. He grabbed the mustard...

hahahahahahaha!...i crack myself up sometimes!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

well, i just had an interesting experience i'd like to share with the only people i know who will understand it...

a couple of weeks ago, i ran into a woman at the market who used to work for me about 15 years ago - she's almost 70 years old now...at the time i saw her, she said i looked good, which made me feel good considering how much effort i've been putting in at the gym...i told her i would call her to take her to lunch one day...

well today i had some time in the middle of the day, so i thought i'd follow through on my promise and call her to see if she was free for lunch...a little background: carole and i were very close for the 10 or so years she worked for me - i took her from a cashier and trained her to become our chief accountant...she is very open and honest and direct which i have always liked...you knew where you stood with her...

well, she's been having some health problems and had a doc's appt. today so wasn't free for lunch, but during our conversation she told me that she was shocked when she saw me at the market as i had gained a lot of weight since when we worked together and that i looked like i had "doubled" in size and she was surprised because i was never heavy and was always so "precise" about everything...i have to say i was a bit flustered as i am only about 30 lbs. heavier than when she stopped working for me and maybe 35 lbs. heavier than the lightest she ever saw me...but it is what it is and that's obviously the way i look to her and that's all that matters...thank goodness she didn't see me when i weighed almost 50 lbs. more than i do now! :-)

man, i gotta get these next 30 lbs. off me!...i'm not gonna let it discourage me - it was a dose of reality i guess and i need to deal with reality here...she didn't mean it to be mean - she is heavier than i am and feels bad about it - but i'm not gonna lie and say it didn't take the wind out of me for a bit and it will be on my mind for a loooong time...hopefully, it will motivate me even more...

just needed to share that here as i would be embarrassed to tell that story anywhere else...

the gym was great yesterday and today is a day off...tomorrow i will go early before heading to ri for a lunch meeting...

had a small greek yogurt with peaches for breakfast...hope everyone is having a great day...

Last edited by tony8; 03-26-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
I'm here kiddos!!!!! Boy has not turned to cannibalism as a midnight snack yet! I was in beautiful sparkly Las Vegas. Probably one of the coolest experiences I can say I've ever had in my life. I've had a penpal for about 10 years that I signed up for a school project or something, but we continued to stay in touch, and social media has made that so much easier than just the letters we'd exchange. Penpal is my age, from Ireland, now living in the UK and back in November he got married and let me know of their honeymoon plans to make 5 stops over the west coast, one being Las Vegas. So we planned to meet in Vegas and see each other for the first time ever.

I was a little nervous thinking what if it's awkward, we know each other really well, but his wife doesn't know me or Boy, and boy doesn't know either of them... So we meet in Vegas and I don't think I've ever become such fast friends with anyone before in my life. Boy and penpal hit it off, I adore his wife, we spent everyday there together for 12+ hours/day seeing shows and walking the strip, talking about our favorite things and sharing stories.

On the last day when we all said goodbye, wife and I started crying and hugging- this is a woman I've never met or spoken to before. We went back to our hotel room really sad and feeling lonely. Like we'd lost a puppy. The next day boy told me he had way more fun than he'd anticipated and I agree. Even the best case scenario I'd imagined didn't even come close to how amazing it was to see a decade old friend for the first time, and become close with his wife. They extended invitations to visit them in the UK anytime, and we did the same but with the disclaimer that the only thing fun to do in Phoenix, is drive to Las Vegas! It sounds weird to say I feel fulfilled having been able to do that, but the whole experience was just amazing.

So that's where I've been. I'm finding it hard to make myself do work now because I want to start researching vacation packages to go see them!

I'm craving pasta. idk why! but jeez o man some thick tortellini and sauce and garlic bread sounds amazing... bad Brittany!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Britt, what an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Britt! That is a great story - I'm so happy you had a fun time and everyone got along so well.

Tony...ouch! I know she didn't mean to hurt you. She is older and maybe her memory of you has gotten a little distorted. However, you are doing the right thing by facing it and making it a positive to keep yourself motivated and lose that 30 pounds! You can do it!!!!

Isn't it great to have friends who tell us the truth, even if we don't want to hear it?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

ooo yah, marilee...every time i looked in the mirror today, i looked fatter than i've looked in awhile!...haha!...

britt, i am so so happy you had such an amazing experience...things like that happen so infrequently in life, so when they do it is good to realize how special they are...good for you!...

hey abs, i'm gonna be in brattleboro on thursday looking at potential restaurant sites with my buddy...you'll be sleeping by the time i am done or i'd try to meet up with you...one of these days... :-)
Old 03-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, you make my head spin with all the projects you are involved in! Actually, I would like to be sawing logs by 7 the latest but will be going to a Holy Thursday service at 7pm. Hope I don't fall asleep during it! Am anxious to find out what you are looking for and what kind of restaurant you may be considering?

My comcast e-mail account won't open this morning. Tried DH's account too and it said they couldn't open it and to refresh the browser. Will try later.

Free lunch yesterday was chili, salad and high carb side and a very high carb dessert. I had a small bowl of the chili which did have some beans and lentils in it and a salad. Stayed away from the other stuff. The dessert was for the March birthdays but I still resisted.

So far the scale is showing me no mercy and I would be thrilled if it just showed a 2 or 3 pound drop by my weigh in. Do not think it is going to happen.

Going to try to get back into my e-mail. May check back before 6am.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

abs, i can't sit still - that is my problem!...i LOVE having a million things going on to keep my mind stimulated...btw, beans and lentils are some of the healthiest things you can eat...we are designed to eat meat and good, healthy whole carbs...it is the junky, processed crap and sugar and salt that is killing us...

off to the gym and then to work...hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, I'm right there with you scalewise. I'm down 2.5 pounds this 2-week challenge and hope I can lose some more by weigh-in.

Tony, you have always been an upbeat, positive person, but since you had your knee replacement surgery I have detected a change in you that makes you even MORE positive. I'm so glad you had the surgery done...it has made such a difference in your life. I'm so proud of you.

ff, we miss you!

Vicki, I know you are lurking....get back here! We miss you. It doesn't matter if you are on plan or not. We want to know how you are doing.

TTYL

Marilee
Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

hey marilee, that's so sweet of you to say...i've always tried to be an upbeat, optimistic person, but it sure is easier when you can walk without feeling like a knife is stabbing you with every step! :-)

just got back from a great workout at the gym...only one day off in between seems to work best for me as it requires more effort after two days off...so i will limit my two-day-off break to once a week at most...

i hate to jinx myself, but i really can't believe that my body is responding so well to all this exercise after so many years of being fairly sedentary...i would have sworn that my knees, ankles, shoulder - something would be achy and slowing me down...it may be that all the physical therapy i did BEFORE starting at the gym, prepped my muscles and bones adequately for this...more likely, i've just been lucky...

girls, don't feel badly, i am stuck at 226 so far on the challenge...not sure what to do other than keep working hard and eating well...if i limit my caloric intake much more, i worry about how it will affect my overall feeling of well being and strength, which has been soooo good lately!

i think i will grill sirloin tips tonight - stay tuned!...
Old 03-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #560
Senior LCF Member

Tony- the fact that you GET to the gym is inspirational in itself. I can never just make myself go. I used to go regularly about 8 years ago. But I also lived at home and was single and none of my friends were 21. So evenings after work were boring. I signed up for one across the street about 4 years ago. I went in and it was so busy all of the machines were taken, so I left and went to mcdonalds. true story. lol

Speaking of plans- I have to admit that I've been strayed for sometime now. Not junking out, just off plan (well I'm sure it's someones plan just not mine...). I'm trying to low-carb, I'm STILL paying for a weight watchers online every month, and I have 180 days worth of HCG chillin in my fridge. None of the options are floating my boat, but I can say that I don't FEEL good after meals, so I need to do something. SOON! I'm not pleased with the pictures we all took over the weekend, but I got in front of the camera anyway. I tell myself sticking to a plan is a good idea because for once I'd like to like the pictures taken on vacations and outings.

Welp, it's American Idol day and Wingsday! Have fun all!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

britt, i know how you feel...we've talked about this so often here - we know what we should do, we've done it successfully at various time, but for some reason, none of us have made it all the way to where we want to be...

the good news is that with support and patience, we do change, sometimes slowly over time and we do make progress...i am 24 lbs. heavier than i was at my lowest weight (2 years ago) since starting these blitzes 3 years ago...BUT i am almost 50 lbs. lighter than the heaviest i was and some of those 24 lbs. is due to fat being converted to muscle...

you guys help me more than you know - just having others that understand what it is like to live in a body that is not the one you want is amazingly comforting...if i didn't have y'all, the story i told here yesterday might have gotten me so discouraged that i would throw in the towel...it's happened in the past...but not since i found this site and this forum...i believe i will succeed, i engage in behavior that should get me there and i have this place for support and accountability...

so britt, you are a very smart young woman and you have a long, happy life ahead of you...i have NO DOUBT at all that you will figure out a plan or series of plans that will eventually get you to the exact place you want to be...that is, if the boy doesn't devour you in the middle of the night, first! :-) but seriously, we are here for you, so take advantage of it!

Last edited by tony8; 03-27-2013 at 12:58 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #562
Senior LCF Member

I bought an elliptical machine about 1.5 years ago. Nothing fancy, just a $188 Walmart version. It's become a coat rack for all of boys dress shirts and suit jackets. So.... step 1 of the grand plan in becoming active.......... Buy boy a proper coat rack.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

hahaha!...i had a nice treadmill several years ago - not top of the line, but close...became a clothes rack too...then i gave it away because it took up too much space...the person i gave it to is now in better shape than i am :-)

today:
b: 3 oz. steel cut oats with a sprinkle of cinnamon
l: 3 oz. leftover salmon
d: sirloin tips and sauteed broccoli in evoo, garlic and parmesan plus a dollop of mashed sweet potato
Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #564
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i'm back.

1 meal a day for 2 days. Not that I could not have had more, i just did not want. Mon & Tues eve was the following: matzoh ball soup, with a piece of broken up matzoh. gefilte fish with horseradish, and another small piece of matzoh. Brisket with brussels sprouts, mushrooms, and matzoh farfel kugel. Only ONE small portion of everything. No one had dessert. No one missed it. During the day, I had 1 oz of pepperjack cheese and coffee. I am gonna get some pepperjack AND goat cheese my next trip to SHOPRITE. He gave me a box of matzoh, but I will not open. I am giving it to someone. We went to the mall on Tuesday, and while he was busy with his tech toys, I walked around the mall (Freehold, NJ), upstairs and downstairs. For a troll in my condition, it was quite a workout. All the same, it is good to be home. Oh, as u may have noticed, I broke the brussels sprouts curse. Fear not, I still will not go near a lima bean. FF
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

good to have you back, ff :-)
Old 03-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

Hey FF! Glad you are back! We missed you! Did your earth brother say you looked like you had lost weight? Can't believe you only ate one meal a day and all that walking in the mall to boot!

Tony, good luck on your quest tonight looking for a good restaurant spot! Are you looking with your old roommate from college? Next Friday on Arts Night my brother will be displaying some of his art in the Latchis Theater for a month. He is very excited about this. They come out with a booklet each month to show which venue is showing whose art and on Arts Night (the first Friday of each month) people walk or drive to see the art that interests them. Stores stay open later and restaurants stay busy.

Marilee, sorry you are having trouble getting big results on the scales too. When we get together sunday I will see some nieces I haven't seen in a long time and they will be thinking "she looks like she has put on weight" and it will be true.

Need to get some stuff done around the house. Britt, hoping we get to see the hair extension pictures soon?

Have a great Thursday all!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:55 AM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

oh yeah, what about those hair extension pics, brittany?...

abs, i am meeting my college roommate...i'm acting as his consultant evaluating sites for a potential restaurant and helping him develop a concept/plan for the type of place we think might really work in that area...i will keep you posted...

day off from the gym...i was telling dw last night that i so enjoy the period after i've worked out - for the rest of that day, i bask in the glow of my ambition and in the feeling that i have earned the food i am eating and the next day off! :-) then the next day, i feel thinner and stronger and get to enjoy the day off i've earned...the only tough part is the few hours before i head to the gym...so it is a short walk uphill and then two days of downhill bliss...at least that is how i am approaching it psychologically and it has been working now for almost three months!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #568
Senior LCF Member

I've definitely slacked on the hair extensions. They are still in the bag. Just too much going on.

Wings were tasty, Idol was very lackluster. I wasn't even paying attention by the end.

I'm feeling pretty boring today, not much new to report...
Old 03-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all! "Cable guy" just left and ran the new line for my computer. So far so good.

I took the day off to get somethings done (like the cable). For me, Thursday night TV is bad so I'm going to "On Demand" and watch "The Hobbit". Why they didn't make that one first before doing the "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, I will never understand.

Our office is closed tomorrow for Good Friday so I'm having a nice long weekend with errands thrown in here and there. Sunday is, of course, Easter, so I'm going to church and then relaxing the rest of the day. I'm hoping to knock out a book or two this weekend - I've gotten WAY behind on my reading.

Hoping to do well eating wise, but am fighting some cravings. If I can keep of the 2.5 I've lost during this challenge, I will accept that and strive for more. How about a two-week challenge to continue every to weeks? It keeps my mind focused on my goals and makes me think twice before going off plan.

Take care!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #570
Senior LCF Member

I liked the Hobbit. I liked all of the LOTR movies, so it was no surprise. Hope you enjoy, Marilee! It's something like 3.5 hours but what else is new with those movies. Why movie franchises put "pre-quells" out after the main series is mind boggling. In my mind, I already know how the movie is going to end because its going to stop where the "1st" movie starts..... Hollywood what are you thinking?!

Making a Chicken Marsala for dinner. Not the best work day today, I think a little cooking will prove to be cathartic. Plus I have not cooked a good home meal in a long time. Definitely looking forward to quiet evening and a peaceful weekend.
Closed Thread