Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Morning, Blitzers!

ff- you are so funny! Norton in the sewer. Cracked me up! I purchase Norton - my cable company offers something else at no-charge, but when I had it, I got a bad virus so I opted to pay for Norton.

And, ff, I had this mental picture of you and your "little red wagon". Weren't those called Radio Flyers back in the day? It made me smile. I'm proud of you for the exercise you are getting.

Well, my weigh-in day is Monday and I'm down 6 pounds! A total of 9.2 since my restart two weeks ago. I'm very pleased!

Hi Abi, Britt and Tony! I'm at work and I need to log off, but I'll TTYL

Marilee

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Go Marilee!!! That's awesome progress!!!

Something in my routine must be holding up the works, not gaining but not losing. Something is hidden somewhere sabotaging... but this weekend was total off plan. Went to a bachelorette party Saturday, so plenty of booze and drunk munchies afterward (not an excuse, I knew full well what I was piling into my mouth). Then yesterday boy and I went to the Asian market. I love it there. My grandmother was Korean, and the store reminds me of her and all the crazy foods she had around her house. I found some spicy shrimpy cracker/seaweed mix that I used to love as a kid, and I couldn't resist. And boy was on a mission to make udon from scratch, so I ate some of that. More pork and peppers and broth than noodles, but a few noodles nonetheless. So, off plan but I enjoyed the weekend eating tasties, and watching movies with boy and pup. Back to lettuce sandwich delivery.

How's the snow coming along for the New Englanders? This mornings news was saying the snow storms sweeping in that direction were going to be pretty powerful- hope everyone stays safe!

Happy Monday!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #393
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
good for you, Blondie accepting responsibility.

remember, whatever it is we have done, we are not criminals. And, GIBBY, congrats on your progress. Still waiting for my oven. I decided I will baptise it with a porterhouse. FF
Old 02-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
remember, whatever it is we have done, we are not criminals. And, GIBBY, congrats on your progress. Still waiting for my oven. I decided I will baptise it with a porterhouse. FF
Yum!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Good Morning Blitzers!

Free lunch today will be baked ziti with meat and tomato sauce and a ceasar salad. I will be having salad only with some pork rinds.

My 60 day review will be sometime this week. Wish me luck. Hoping after my 90 at the end of March I will be a permanent employee. So far they are calling me seasonal but the last 2 seasonal employees were brought on at 90 days.

Another storm lurking. I'm sure I will get the details at work today.

Can't wait for spring!

Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck on your review, Abi. I sure hope they make you permanent. I don't know why they wouldn't.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Morning All!!!

Abi- Good Luck!!! Fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted on the storm!

Yesterday I ordered the lettuce sandwich and a pickle. Delicious. Except they didn't so much wrap the sandwich in lettuce as much as laid the lettuce across the meat and then wrap it in paper... pull the paper off and I have a tumble of meats on my plate tasty anyhow.

Boy makes this butter braised pork loin with red, orange, and yellow peppers and onion cooked with thyme and red wine vinegar. It's amazing. I requested it for dinner and he delivered, and I have leftovers for lunch today

Had a few bacon slices for breakfast.

The hair extensions are IN!!! Going to my moms tonight to pick them up and then play dress up.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBlue View Post
The hair extensions are IN!!! Going to my moms tonight to pick them up and then play dress up.
We want pictures!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
okay, it's 1:28 a.m., so i think this qualifies as beating abi, although she'll be awake in about 10 minutes!...

britt, like ff, i applaud your honesty and your taking responsibility for your choices, and i also agree that none of it is a crime...i hope you enjoyed it as it sounded yummy! :-) can't wait to see your photos...

marilee, i am so so so so proud of you!...this is YOUR year!...

abs, thanks for the photo - funny that your waitress knows your menu selection - it's not like you are a creature of habit or anything!...(see article on national pork rind shortage)...there is NO WAY they don't add you to the permanent staff, but if you want to eliminate all doubt, you can always pull out my bikini wax idea at your review session :-)

ff, kudos on getting in that kind of exercise!...walking a mile is a lot of exercise for anyone....let us know when the oven arrives...

all is well here...gym day yesterday and tomorrow...i am in a great routine there...eating well too...today:
b: skipped
l: few salad veggies
d: buffalo wild wings!

beddy-bye-time...see y'all tomorrow!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 02-27-2013, 04:16 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ha!...abs, it's just one day - no need to be despondent about me beating you here... :-)

what a weird night!...not sure if it was all the mango-habanero sauce on those wings that was churning in my stomach, or the several glasses of unsweet tea, but i didn't fall asleep until after 5 a.m. and woke up at 7, so right now i'm operating on about 1:45 of sleep...don't know how i can work out unless i am able to nod off again...

hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Holy No Sleep Tony!!!! But mango-habanero...... sounds amazing! Today IS Wingsday again, but Pizza Hut doesn't have flavors THAT creative. I've never been to a buffalo wild wings even though we have several here, and I loooooove wings... I'm too self conscious to eat wings in public. I hold nothing back, and refuse to wipe my face until after the last bite. It doesn't make sense to clean off in between every bite, and I don't know how to eat a wing and NOT make a mess.

Okay, so the extensions are NOT my hair color, but not too far off and I can actually dye the extensions with store dye. I bought them ridiculously too long (no concept of 22 inches I guess). from the back of my head the ends of the hair fall about to my elbow, where as my normal hair is about 3 inches past my shoulders. I put them in blind to show my mom as it's clear I need more practice than watching a few youtube tutorials!

In related news, my sister in laws sister (what's that make our relation?) needs a hair model for a job interview at a new salon and asked me! So I get to indulge in a top notch, 100% free cut and color. AWESOME! And it's the day before my birthday so I'll be able to celebrate looking primped

Happy American Idol day!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #402

greetings HEWMON BLITZERS....

took a vacation from Mr. Computer yesterday. I have been drinking more plain water, lately, averaging 2 liters AT LEAST daily. I am rotating water, diet soda, crystal light, coffee, herbal tea. By the time I am back to plain water, I must say it is relief. I know, if history has taught me anything, as the weather gets warmer(nerts!), I will be drinking less diet soda, and more plain water. I believe that when I run out of crystal ice, i will use real juice in the water. The ratio will be 1 oz juice to 64 oz water or seltzer. As long as it has a whisper of flavor, it is enough. Also, I will be drinking plain water/seltzer in addition. Although I am neither Catholic, or even Christian, I do consider myself a friend of the Church(eastern and western). I do not expect an American to be elected. But, who expected a Polish pope to be elected in 1978? I would be so happy to see MY cardinal, Timothy Dolan to be the next pontiff. He has the charisma, seeing him celebrate mass on TV. Well, I can only hope. FF
Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, like you, i sometimes put just a tiny bit of juice in my water...luckily, my favorite thing to drink by far is plain water and it makes up at least 99% of my fluid intake...

britt, you gotta let us see those extensions...i'm getting my hair cut tonight at 7...when's your b-day?...mine is coming up in a couple of weeks...

today:
l: 6 oz fresh fruit smoothie (blueberry, strawberry, banana, coconut milk, ice and one tiny square of ghirardelli 72% dark chocolate square) it was a treat and soooo good!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

I remembered at 11 am that I hadn't posted today. Well, the thought was did I or didn't I? Now I know. lol

Britt and Tony, what are your birthdays? Mine is March 8th!

Off to bed - catch you all in the morning if I don't forget again. FF, good going on all the fluids!!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nitey nite, abs...my birthday is 4 days after yours!...how did we not know that?...

got a five guys bacon double cheeseburger tonight...i hope i sleep better than i did last night!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #406

that is quite unusual for you, Tony...

i mean the 5 Guys. I have put that place behind me. I just do not enjoy it anymore. I suppose I will make a pilgrimage in the future, but not for a long while. It is 1:11 a.m. eastern time, and I cannot fall asleep. Tomorrow, I am going to the podiatrist(hopefully my future employer, beginning 3/4/13). We never discussed the details regarding, what exactly my responsibilities will be, the hours, and the $$$. I hope I will sort that out tomorrow. Come what may, the troll is going to AC on Tuesday. No precipitation predicted for the next 6 to 7 days. Just to be on the safe side, I will get my bus ticket on Sunday. Gonna try some shuteye again. Good morning all! FF
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #407

Oh, I forgot to mention.

I just saw THE THIRD MAN on the Turner network. I will have that zither music playing in my head for several days. No complaints. One of the really great flicks of all time. I was in Vienna, and the part of it where much of the story takes place, especially that huge Ferris Wheel (called the RIESENRAHD). It has Joseph Cotten, Orson Welles, and Trevor Howard, among others. See it, whether you all have seen it before or not. FF
Old 02-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

What's going on with the lack of sleep Tony and FF? I tossed and turned all night. Maybe got a couple of hours in before 10 but after that did not sleep a wink.

Tony, that is strange we didn't know our birthdays were only 4 days apart. Now to find out when Britt's is. My younger sister's is the 4th so I am driving up to Walpole Sat. to have coffee with her. Working on another sheep painting for her as she commented last fall when I gave my older sister the first one to remember her on her birthday.

Britt, great news about the free hair color and cut. On the hair extensions you can get them cut to exactly the length you want now!

DH, almost needs a walker he is in such bad shape with the disk problem. He called Dartmouth to try to get in earlier for consultation than the 13th. They reminded him that he is on the cancellation list but no openings yet.

FF, that was a short retirement. Put in your contract if the weather is good or you are too tired you don't have to show up.

Wondering if they will get around to do my 60 day review today. One fellow I work with said sometimes they were a week late giving him his. We shall see.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-28-2013 at 12:45 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Looks like several birthdays coming up

Snuck a peak at the scale this morning and I'm down 10.2 pounds I started on 2/11. I hope for a little more by my official weigh-in on Monday.

I must be taking your sleep from you - I usually don't sleep well, but the last several nights it's been awesome! I've only gotten up once in the wee hours of the morning instead of 3 times.

Take care!

Vicki - where are you??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???
Old 02-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, i hope ya got a great review today!...i think that you, britt and i must all be pisces, right?...if you throw ff in, i think 4 out of the 6 of us were born within 6-7 weeks...

i don't know what the insomnia is - i always sleep well, so maybe it is something with the weather or moon or ???...

i skipped breakfast (which i shouldn't be doing) but i went to the gym and had a great workout later this morning and ate 1/2 leftover cheeseburger around 4, and will have dinner a bit later...it will just be dw and i tonight so maybe we will go out - not sure...
Old 02-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #411

woke up sick.

gastro something or other. better now. spent day watching tv and napping. i will be out of the house tomorrow as much as possible. Perhaps, I will go to the mall and walk around a bit. FF
Old 03-01-2013, 02:51 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

FF, so sorry you were sick yesterday. Hope you feel better today and get to go walk in the mall.

Marilee, wonderful about the weight loss! Glad you and Tony sleep well. I caught up last night which usually happens. Thank goodness it doesn't happen all that often. Makes for a very long day though.

Yes Tony, we three are Pices! Like the mc d commercial - fishy fishy lol

No review yesterday so I guess they forgot. Maybe in the next week?

Not much going on here. I did bake up some of those cheese rounds this morning minus the garlic. The gang is having pizza and salad today and since I will be having just salad I thought these would go well with it. Thinking next time I bake them I may add dried cranberries to them like a cheesy scone?http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...se-rounds.html

Have a wonderful Friday all!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday Everyone!!!! I had to run around yesterday so I wasn't able to hop on. But it was worth it because I finally got my new licenses approved for my new place of work

My birthday is on the 6th! Looks like we'll be celebrating quite a bit in the next 2 weeks!

Went to a wedding last night and the dinner was fajita style buffet. Way cool because they had salad and carne and chicken and veggies and cheese and salsa! yum yum!

I like 5 guys for their selection of burger variety. I know a lot of chains have popped up since In N Out that only focus on burgers rather than a full menu. And I hope it's not a passing trend because even though there are a dozen of the same type places, since they only serve burgers- the burgers are always fantastic.

Not sure whats on the lunch menu for today... but it's Friday! I had to record American Idol last night because of the wedding, so it'll be a nice relaxing evening on the couch with a slim jim for me.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Decided on Jimmy Johns again for lettuce wrapped sandwich and pickle... Since I placed my last order- a few days ago- they've increased their prices nearly $2!!!! $9 for lettuce, meat, cheese and a pickle is ridiculous! Yes, I did submit my order but possibly for the last time... I still have to tip the delivery person on top of the total...
Old 03-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

britt, that does seem a bit excessive, especially since you aren't getting any bread...i watched idol last night and i thought they blew a couple of calls...that's all i'll say...we are catching up on "the following"...i think we've watched 4 episodes and we're hooked...very creepy!...

ff, hope you're feeling better today and was able to get out for your walk...

hey abs, what's on the agenda this weekend, since it won't be snowing?...

spent the day in ri today as my sister's mil died and we attended her funeral...

today:
l: baked chicken and roast beef and salad
d: ?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #416

abi...it sucks that u are being forced to wait and wait

and wait and wait. I remember when my boss told me she needed to see me, then I had to wait till 10 minutes before quitting time for the day. All day long I am wondering what it was i did wrong. Of course, as you are aware, Ferenghi do not make mistakes(from our point of view that is). Then it turns out, it was just a point of information, and no big deal at all. Well, my friend is gonna call the oven people on Monday, if he does not get it by then. He got his within a week. It is 3 weeks since I gave my friend the $$$ for it. Looking forward to AC on Tuesday. I hope you are all enjoying the Kalendae Martiae (1st day of March). Winter is slipping by too quickly. Keep those arctic temperatures here for a few months longer. Where is the Ice Age when you need it? FF
Old 03-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I am thrilled we are not worrying about a storm this weekend. Just finished a sheep painting for younger sister's birthday and am driving up to Walpole at 9. They are making a quiche to go along with the coffee. Sister e-mailed me last night that they even bought cream for my coffee. lol

Off to the the store at 7 when it opens. I am going to make some black bean salsa to bring up with me to my sister's. She does not care for sweets (probably why she has always been so slim) but does love tortilla chips. The salsa is everyone's favorite so think she will be happy with that. I will have a couple of dollops along side my quiche even though it is on the carby side.

FF, I hate waiting for this review. I am trying to put it on the back burner of my mind. What I am hoping for is that they are not late with my 90 day review (March 28th) and then hire me permanent shortly thereafter. Hope that oven gets there pretty quick. Good that your friend will call them on Monday and find out the scoop!

Britt, that is pretty expensive for a hamburger. Don't blame you for writing them off your list. Our pizza and salad on Fridays has gone from $2.00 each to $4.00 each. Since I don't eat the pizza that is too rich for me. The guy ordering it told me just pay the 2 but don't tell anyone. Well, money is always tight and I think me paying $2.00 a week all year long is just not something I want to do. Next week I am going to politely decline joining in the ordering out. I will just stick with the free salad on Tuesdays! lol

Ok, need to get ready to run to the store. Have a wonderful Saturday all!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #418

Happy Weekend All!

Today is a special Metopera broadcast-Parsifal by Richard Wagner, which starts at high noon in the east.(wqxr.org) It should be over by 5:30pm. I used to stand at the Met for the whole thing. My feet worked 100% back then. Nothing else new to report. I hope everyone enjoys the weekend. FF
Old 03-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mornin' guys!...

abi, if you get a chance, i would love the recipe for your black bean salsa...hope you have fun in walpole...is your sister's birthday today?...my sister's b-day is today and we are the same age for another ten days until my birthday...

i am in a bit of a stressful state the past couple of days...i learned that my accountant may have made a huge mistake that would cost me a LOT of money! - a real game changer if it's true..ugh!

not sure of the plan for today................. :-)

Last edited by tony8; 03-02-2013 at 11:42 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #420

why should HIS mistake cost YOU, Tony?

on Ferenghinar, HE would be paying the penalty. Wish me luck, y'all. I am gonna buy my AC ticket tomorrow, if there are any seats left on the bus. The only challenge will be to wake up on time. It was a wonderful performance of Parsifal. Fortunately, I did not have to look at it. It was done in modern dress. And now, for the good news! My friend just called me. THE OVEN ARRIVED. I asked him to bring it over on Wednesday, as I expect I shall not be home Mon or Tues. I am one excited troll. FF
Closed Thread