Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, have you ever thought of writing short stories or a novel? You certainly have the imagination to do it! Enjoy your walk in the nice weather today in NY. I heard it raining last night and the temp right now is 32.7 so hope the roads will be ok. That black ice can develop pretty quick if the temps drop just a little.

Free lunch yesterday was mac and cheese and salad so I just had a big plate of salad with ceasar dressing. Had leftover pot roast for dinner.

Tony, you are a good father to be around for your teenage son. They have so many pressures now and it is easy to fall off the right track.

Britt, I would love to see an owl sometime. I hear them but it is rare to see one. I used to see alot of deer when we moved to NH in 2008 but hardly ever any more. Most of the time they were either in the middle of the road or running in front of my car so it is just as well they seem rather scarce now.

Marilee, have you settled into a plan that does not upset your stomach yet?

Vicki, are you getting pretty organized in the new home?

Wishing you all a great Wednesday!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-20-2013 at 12:40 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Happy American Idol day! And Happy Wingsday! mmmmmmm!

It's rainy here today. Which I love. But I had to drive 35 miles on the freeway in the rain, which I do not love. Marilee can testify this. Phx drivers do not know how to drive intelligently. I think the rain must have just picked up alot because in a 3 story office building, I can hear it as good as sitting at home.

My dog inherited a dog igloo when his uncle Archie had to go down, and he's fought it for a few months. Last night he finally saw it's benefit and this morning he was still curled up inside. I feel better at work knowing he's not out shivering in the rain because he was too stubborn to shelter inside the dog igloo.

Boy and I just started watching The Following this weekend. Anyone else watch??? It's so awesome, and a good dose of crazy killer show while we have to wait for Dexter to start up.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Whew, we got internet installed last night but I have been so used to being without it that I didn't get on the computer LOL. The move went pretty uneventful. Most boxes are unpacked, but there is still much organizing to do.

We are waiting for a contractor to come tonight to trim the countertop in the kitchen so the new free standing oven can be placed. I have been cooking with the electric skillet and crock pot since Saturday. The house is about 300 sq feet more than the other one; maybe more walking and steps will help with weight loss HA.

Apparently we are in for a big snow storm that has been predicted for days. The onset and snow totals keeps changing hourly. I better get back to work gang, will check in later.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #364
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
vicki...congrats on the move.

i hope everything went smoothly. Abi, I do not see myself as a writer. Too much work. I suppose, I might sit down one day and try to write a short "stand up" routine. I put that in quotes, because I would need to sit down to perform. Standing is too painful to endure. I can walk, but I cannot stand.Go figure! I know that Tony is the greatest dad. I am sure all of Tony's kids are wired right on that account. F-still waiting for the SUPER WAVE OVEN-F
Old 02-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Yep, it's a rainy/overcast day and I love it. I started watcing "The Following" but stopped because it is so scary - and I'm pretty tough.

I've been on plan faithfully for almost 2 days now and feel inspired and motivated. I found that looking at the huge amount of weight I needed to lose was depressing me and filling me with hopelessness so I kind of gave up. I am now just setting goals of 5 pounds and trying not to think beyond that.

Vicki, I'm so glad the move went without any major complications. I'm so happy for you.

Tony, you are a great dad. Sacrificing your wants for the good of your son is very admirable.

Abi, I so admire you for being strong on the "free lunch" days at work. I don't know if I would be as disciplined as you are.

Well, lunch break is over. Time to get back to work.

Marilee
Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi guys, thanks for the kind words - i appreciate them...i guess we all do what we think is right by our kids and then cross our fingers...and when they struggle in any way, it takes the joy out of everything else, doesn't it?...

marilee, i am so happy that you have found your mojo again...you are an amazing woman and have been an inspiration to so many of us over the last couple of years...i look at the folks on tv who have lost way over 100 lbs and every one says the same thing: they took it one day, one week, one month, one pound at a time...we are gonna do the same thing, girl!...

vicki, congrats on the move - you must be pretty organized to start with to be in such good shape already!...

hi abs!...get your snow shovel out and be ready to climb out on the roof again, crazy lady... :-)

britt, i am watching idol now - some great performances...angela miller comes from a town pretty close to us here...i haven't seen "the following" yet, but i plan to catch up on it soon as it looks soooo good!

ff, did you get out today?...did you walk?...we know you didn't stand around!

had a good day today...i got to the gym at 8:30 and had a great workout...i feel so good when i am working out - being unable to move easily for so many years has given me a whole different perspective and appreciation for exercise...i had gotten to a point where i would look at other people doing simple things and feel like i would never be able to do those kinds of things ever again...so, now that i CAN do so much, i LOVE it...it's almost like being younger again!...i want to put off feeling incapacitated again for as long as possible and i know that exercise will help with that...

today:
b: 2 oz. fruit smoothie
l: chicken wings at a mexican restaurant
d: pizza toppings

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 02-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, you even sound younger again! I used to cringe when you would talk about your hip pain. We are all so happy you can exercise and enjoy it. I sure hope that storm misses us! I rely on the folks at work to keep me updated at I don't have time to catch the weather updates at home.

Marilee, I can't watch anything scary. If DH turns on even Criminal Intent I have to leave the room! Give me a nice hgtv show on decorating and I am in hog heaven. lol

Vicki, I rarely am distracted enough to forget to get on the computer eventuallly. I think it is a good thing now and then to be that distracted. Hey, 300 more feet to the house sounds wonderful!

Britt, I am so glad your dog decided to use his dog igloo. I'm sure you feel so much better about that.

FF, ok, so maybe you will write some sit down comedy. That will work. Oh, wait, haven't you been doing that on this site for several years? We sure enjoy it. Too bad the rest of the world is not as fortunate!

Egg salad again for lunch, pork rinds for snacks. Dinner, don't know yet.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Driving home last night was dicey - you Easterners would laugh, but for us hail, snow and traffic lights that aren't working aren't fun! But, I made it home safe and sound.

Abi, I do have some favorite crime shows - Criminal Minds, CSI (Vegas), CSI New York, The Ripper (BBC show), etc. I really do like dramas and there aren't too many really witty sitcoms out there...I miss the vintage ones like Fraser and Everbody Loves Raymond, etc.

Thanks for the kind words, Tony. I hope my mojo keeps on working. I've been posting on this site for over 2 years (I think) and I've managed to gain weight since then. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?????!!!!! Enough already.

Have a great day everyone - TTYL
Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

we must be fattening, marilee!...ha!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just for yuks I changed my avitar picture to show yesterday afternoon in Phoenix.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Yup Marilee that picture is all too familiar!!! I left the office at 330 hoping to get a jump on traffic and weather and get home safe. I live in Peoria and usually take the 101 from Scottsdale. I got halfway across the parking lot before getting pelted with hard, cold, wet stuff. Whatever it was that we got! lol Best part was it falling into the seat of my truck as soon as I opened the door. I tried swiping it off the seat so I would not have to sit on ice pellets as they melted but I couldn't keep up with it coming down. Note to self: Don't challenge mother nature... Just to be safe I took Bell Rd all the way home and the further west I went, less snowy stuff. From the pictures I'm seeing from the adot cameras and stuff I left about 15-30 minutes ahead of the storm thank gawd!

There are some good people on Idol this year- I think it's gonna be a girls year! Tony- definitely get into The Following! It's WAY better than the awesome previews. I cover my ears and eyes when the previews come on, I want to be mind blown when I watch the show. I haven't gotten into a show like this in a while. I'm usually a comedy girl with a few scattered dramas.

Wings were delicious last night. Ate 2 garlic parmesan wings for "breakfast". Lunch I ordered a Gargantuan sandwich: salami, cappy, roast beef, turkey, I think another meat I'm forgetting, provolone, and tomato with oil vinegar and oregano wrapped in lettuce. It's not here yet. I was in the mood for more sandwich and less jumbo pickle today.

In other news- possibly the dumbest and most frivolous purchase I've ever made, but I couldn't seem to talk myself out of it, so...... that just happened. A set of 22 inch clip in hair extensions. If they look decent I'll post pictures. I wanted them for special events or glamming up. Nothing daily or permanent.

Happy Friday Eve!!!

Last edited by BlondieBlue; 02-21-2013 at 11:35 AM..
Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

hey britt, i'm sold!..."the following" is on my schedule!...i hope you post your hair extension photos...

thanks for the photo, marilee!...i never expected to see something like that in phoenix!...

today:
b: banana
l: baked chicken
d: barbecued chicken
Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Britt, I take Greenway west and then cut up to Bell on 67th Ave. I got caught in the hail at Greenway and 19th Avenue. It was nice to get home. I don't know about you but I'm ready for winter to end.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

These "winter storms" are really throwing a wrench in the works, I don't like driving on the freeway period, but when you add some rain, and hail, and other drivers... oi. But I'm not ready to get rid of the cool temperatures! I'll take a high of 60 ANY day
Old 02-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Marilee and Britt! What a surprise that you got snow and hail! DH was watching a golf tournament yesterday and mentioned Arizona had gotten snow but I didn't know it was in the Phoenix area. Had they predicted it or was it surprise?

We are going to get a storm this weekend. I am not looking forward to that all over again. Tony, looks like as you predicted I may be up on the roof again.

Daughter and son in law are both sick with the flu out in Missouri. They posted a picture of the two of them on fb wearing surgical masks trying not to spread it to the 4 grandkids. You could tell by their droopy eyes they were not feeling well. The storm went through their area yesterday with lots of ice. No school yesterday or today. So glad of that. Don't want any of them out on the roads if not necessary.

Britt, looking forward to seeing the pics with the hair extensions!

Ok FF, we know you are retired from work but not from us!

Egg salad on lettuce and some of those parmesan cheese crackers for lunch today.

Wishing you all a great Friday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-22-2013 at 02:25 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

abs, sorry to hear about the missouri flu...hope the grandkids are spared...we have pretty good luck stopping the spread by dedicating one of our two bathrooms to the person(s) who's sick...

today is a gym day, but i may skip and go tomorrow instead - my hip is still sore when i first stand up, so i am thinking it might benefit from a two-day rest...it may be a good idea to limit my gym days to 3 per week until i am fully recovered...

did i tell you i got completely released from pt when i went on monday?...they said i had made amazing progress, was way ahead of schedule and didn't need it anymore!

ff, don't make us send you back to work!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF! Down 5 pounds since my restart on 2/11.

Abi, we were expecting rain, but the snow and hail was a surprise.

Tony, congratulations on no more PT! You did a great job.

ff - where are you? out having fun enjoying your retirement. I hope you computer isn't giving you fits.

Mine is - the cable company has to come out and see why it won't connect to the internet. Thankfully, I have this computer at work so I'm not out of touch with life and the world.

Take care everyone - TTYL
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #378

it is LUCIANO time again, HEWMON BLITZERS

I wonder for how much I will get soaked this time. I am using the computer at the public library, free for 30 minutes at a time. I think I should have done this from the start. I have been drooling over your food choices these past few days. I make a mean wing myself. Which will I do 1st in the new SUPER WAVE OVEN (when it arrives), a turkey, a Porterhouse with grilled mushrooms, onions & peppers, and celery, or wings? I guess I will have to flip my 3 sided coin (my last possesion from the home world.) They are all heads. I do not like to lose. We shall be precipitated upon, this weekend as well. Great opportunity for some housework and laundry. You should find some of my gems in the LOUNGE & PLAYGROUND parts of LCF.I am in need of a kick-a$$ anti-virus program (free, of course). If any of y'all know something about that, please share. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Looks like Phoenix was worst than here. They had been predicting huge amounts of snow etc. We got 4-5" which is pretty typical but schools dismissed early yesterday afternoon and so on. I think they called "wolf" on this one. What a farce.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Yes normally when they say "winter storm" we expect Flagstaff (150 miles north where ski resorts are) to get snow, we'll get some chilly temps, maybe rain-we never expect snow or hail. It might hail for approx. 30 minutes maybe 3 times a year- seems like every few years we get a huge burst of some unexpected storm.

I saw a blunt card on FB that said something about Pope retiring, meteor hits Russia, snow in Phx...the mayans got the year wrong.

I went to the Dutch Bros this morning for a fancy coffee drink. Felt like it was a good day for one, it is Friday... 1/2 way thru I realized that I haven't ordered fancy coffee in so long I did not specify anything to be sugar free. FML... My bad. My teeth feel like they are growing fur from the sugariness.

Marilee- congrats on the 5lbs!!! No better way to start a Friday!
Tony- congrats to you too on the shortened PT. I think proper rest is as important as the workout, so smart decision to not over do with the gym.

I'm excited for my extensions to arrive. When I told boy about them last night, he sat down, shook his head and said, "There are so many reasons I love you, and not one of them makes any sense." I know.

FF- I can't wait for your Super Rockin Oven of Awesome to arrive! We've been faithful Nuwave Oven users for about 2 years, but from what I read with regular use it may be approaching the end of it's life. The self-cleaning abilities of your oven appeal to my inner couch potato.

Happy FRIDAY!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBlue View Post
I'm excited for my extensions to arrive. When I told boy about them last night, he sat down, shook his head and said, "There are so many reasons I love you, and not one of them makes any sense." I know.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

hi all!

marilee, congrats on the 5 lbs!..you rock, girl...this is gonna be the year for you - i know it!

britt, that is a very cute quote from the boy :-)

ff, i think you need virus protection...you can get it through your cable tv provider if that's where you also get your internet...since i did that, i have not had any problems...

they have downgraded the storm we were supposed to get here, which i am happy about...

i decided to go to the gym today after all...i had the time and felt good and decided "what the heck!"...it was a great workout and i am happy i did it...i feel more fit each time i finish a workout...i think i am starting to see some results when i look in the mirror...either that or my imagination is running wild...i've been going for about 7 weeks now, so i probably should see some improvement, right?...

today, so far:
b: 1/2 apple
l: leftover bbq chicken
d:???

Last edited by tony8; 02-22-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I hope we are as lucky with the snow predictions. 4 or 5 inches is doable but 1 foot or more is the pits!

FF, so sorry about the computer problems but at least you are keeping the wolves away from Luciano's door. Great you can get on line at the library! Can you walk there or do you have to take a bus?

Britt, that storm must have really been a shock to you and Marilee if you were thinking only rain or little hail! I have messed up eating something before that I thought was sugar free only to find out later it had sugar in it. I bought some greek yogurt once and thought this is really delicious only to find out it was flavored with honey.

Tony, wonderful your pt has released you from further sessions. She can tell you are going to be motivated to continue on your own. How much snow do you think you will be getting? I plan to go to church this afternoon in Hinsdale and not worry about trying to get to Brattleboro in the morning. Will sure miss those scrambled eggs and bacon and chit chat at the Backside though.

At our Christmas pot luck the plant manager brought a meat crockpot dish that I liked. Asked him what was in it the other day. He said just a cheap cut of meat, some garlic(a crushed clove or just some garlic salt) and dump a jar of pepperocinis with juice over it and cook until tender. Might try this this weekend. If I do, it will be just a small experiment because I don't want to ruin a large cut of meat. I only had a small portion at our dinner so not positive I will like it all that much.

Everyone chipped in 2 dollars for pizza and salad at work yesterday. I had a large plate of salad along with my egg salad from home and the top off a slice of cheese pizza.

Hope you all have a great Saturday Blitzers! Will check back later!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-23-2013 at 01:27 AM..
Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Saturday! Down another pound today so doing the happy dance

My car has been in the shop since yesterday morning. They will finish it to day, come pick me up and I will be mobile again. I had to change my tax appointment which is a bummer, as I'm ready and want to get that over with. I hate car issues!

Not much else to report - it's beautiful and sunny outside. High around 65 or so.

Have a great day! I'll check in later.

TTFN
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #385

I'M BAAAAACK!!!

I already have an anti-virus program provided by my cable co. it ain't doing too good a job. very hot in here today. no energy. When the rain stops tomorrow, i will take my wagon out shopping. if i go in the rain, i have to get car service to get me home. Glad you got home safely Gibby. I do not drive, but I DO walk. I do not own anti ice, snow or slush footwear. So, now that I am retired, I can stay in. FF
Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, you are doing so well! Wonderful about being down another pound!

FF, we are happy Luciano got your computer working again! Be careful if you go out walking todayl

Well, after watching the weather reports throughout the day yesterday I decided that it wasn't going to be bad. So back to regular plan of Church at 8 and then breakfast at the Backside. If the roads are ok my sister from Walpole is going to drive down to have breakfast with us. Now if I can just decide what I will have to eat? lol

Have a great Sunday Blitzers!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

hey guys,
no excuses, i was completely away from the computer yesterday...missed y'all!

abs, happy you could get to the scrambled eggs this morning...this whole week would have been messed up...

ff, i have norton antivirus through comcast and it works great...i don't open any mail i am not familiar with and never click on links from unfamiliar sources - even from friend's e-mails unless there is some explanation as e-mail accounts get hacked all the time...it takes a pretty perverse person to take pleasure in planting a virus, even if it is to steal info...

marilee, sooooooo proud of you girl - THIS IS THE YEAR!!!!

good day yesterday...slow cooked a dry-rubbed pork butt in a covered turkey pan with beer in the bottom of the pan for 7 hours at 250-degrees...then spent 30 minutes removing the fat and pulling it apart...it was UNBELIEVABLE!!!...tender and moist and delicious!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #388

we had Norton at work, Tony.

I wonder if I can jettison what I have, and put Norton in its place. I wonder if he is willing to give up his seniority in the NYC sewer system. I got quite a workout today. I have not used the shopping wagon (and yes, it IS red) for over 3 years. It was loaded with all kinds of things. I emptied it out. So, now I am using it for its original function. I walked up and down all 22 aisles, some more than once. And wheeled it back home. All together, at least 1 mile. For a troll in my condition, that is the OLYMPICS! I will do my laundry tomorrow. I am pooped!!! FF
Old 02-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

FF, (snort - Norton in the NYC sewer system) Hey, good going on getting your little red wagon emptied and doing all that walking in shoprite! I bet you are pooped! But then tomorrow you can recouperate. Nice thing about retirement.

Tony, that pork butt sounded so good. but I would have eaten the fat first. lol We are having pork roast again tonight. I like it especially if it has a layer of fat on top but having butt all pulled with rub I would like much better. We had a bbq place near us when we lived near Huntsville, Al. It was just called Meridianville BBq and had a kind of vinegar based sauce with it. Loved that tang! DD and SIL would always request it when they came to visit.

Well, it was just the 3 of us at the famous - ha, ha backside today. I had an e-mail from my sister at about 5am to say she had insomnia last night so if she managed to get to sleep right then she would never make it for breakfast. Just to make you all jealous of how the other half lives I am posting a picture of the restaurant at the bottom that I took this morning. The waitress now says 2 scrambled and bacon, coffee with cream when she sees me. lol

The bank of windows is the restaurant and it overlooks the Harmony parking lot. It is not much of a view but when I get a chance, remind me to tell you of the VIEW we had 3 weeks ago!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (74.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers! Happy Monday!

I have my lunch packed, some housework done and I am ready to go make some candles! I made a kind of spinach souffle using part of Linda Sue's lc spinach lasagna. Just cream cheese softened in microwave, one egg, one thawed and drained pack of spinach cooked for 20 min. at 350. So I have packed some of that and some leftover pork roast and coffee with cream for breaks.

I am so happy we got really nothing from the storm. Next one up is Wed. I think. Have not looked at the weather but once I get to work I will get a full report for the week. lol

What did you all do yesterday? Hope it was a good day! Have a great day all!
Closed Thread