Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i have been quite self absorbed lately. yes, it is true.

that character trait is locked into the Ferenghi genome. I DO, in fact, read everyone's posts, even if i do not comment about them. I am sure I will come off my high horse, after a few days. Right now I am listening to some albums by the Divine Miss M. Then, I am turning in. My colleagues made a platter for me to take home, sliced grilled skirt steak, and some incredible ribs. (when i get home, i will take some paper towels and remove as much bbq sauce as is possible.)Also, some olives, and tomato wedges. I did not take anything home tonight because I was not going home directly. I will make 1 last meal on the RONCO,this weekend, then put it in the recyclable bin. BYE BYE RONCO. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, it sounds like you had a wonderful retirement party. Will it be hard to have to go in one more day or are you still busy trying to train someone new?

Tony, that was so funny about your going to the gym to put on more weight. We can tell you have been hanging out with FF for a long time.

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend and Monday will be a paid one. Yea!

Egg salad on a bed of lettuce for lunch and afew parmesan crackers for snacks today. Dinner will be the last of the Linda Sue's spinach lasagana without the meat.

Have a great Friday Blitzers and FF, can't wait to hear from you tomorrow on day one of retirement!!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 AM   #333

well, here it is...DAS ENDE!!!

there will be very little real work. just the process of finalization, and removing my personal chachkies to take home. Then there will be just the memories. gonna take home a big salad from the cafeteria to go with the beef and the ribs. Then i shall be learning to make my own ribs. Talk to y'all thies evening. FF
Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
ff, I'm sure you have mixed feelings about retirement. Your party sounded like so much fun! It was so nice of them to give you such a great send-off.

Vicki - it's moving day!

Have a great Friday everyone.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Happy retirement day FF!!!

Hope everyones Valentines day was what you wanted it to be, romantical or otherwise. I had an offsite class yesterday so I wasn't in the office at all and I came in this morning to a little vanilla candle and 2 cookies from one of the girls in the office. Awe

I made the boy an over the top meal of 2 petite lobster tails and shrimp scampi. My first time cooking lobster, went surprisingly well- much easier than I thought it'd be. Very tasty! He got me 3 charms for my Pandora bracelet. 3 years and the bracelet is almost full

Tony- it is like sleep walking, except it goes directly to the fridge and he eats rather savagely. With his fingers, taking a piece of chicken or steak out of a baggie and chomping large bites out of it. Or fistfuls of potato chips. you'd think he was in an eating contest with the huge mouthfuls he opts for. The first time I saw it happen I was in awe. I thought he was playing a joke on me, because we'd just recently moved in together. After a few minutes I said something to him and he responded lightly as if he was in a fog, so I just stood back and watched. I followed him back into the bedroom where he flopped back down and resumed snoring. I shook him a bit and called his name and continued to watch, to see if he really was sleeping or pranking me- did what I just saw actually happen???? But he was solid out asleep.

The funniest incident: I had been keeping a wall to wall baby gate in the entry way to the kitchen, to corral the pup. It comes up to about knee height and we were in the habit of stepping over it for a few weeks. I took the baby gate down one day. A FEW DAYS LATER- I'm awake late reading when the sleep-eating time occurs and I watch him walk towards the kitchen and lift his knees up so high- stepping over the now imaginary baby gate that was no longer there. He did it again upon exiting the kitchen. oh this man of mine.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

I should note; this boy who gorges himself after midnight (don't feed them after midnight!) is skinny as a rail!!! We hates him.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, congrats on your part-time retirement!...you have a month or so off before you start the other job, right?...have you ever had skirt steak before?...it is the most delicious steak, but be careful when you re-heat it as it gets tough when you overcook it...just take the chill off it and it should be great...

britt, that is so funny!...i imagine he has no memory of what he does, right?...how often does this occur?...did he know he did this before you witnessed it and how old was he when it started?...this is really intriguing to me...

abs, i love egg salad...enjoy the long weekend...i think the weather is supposed to be a bit sloppy...

hi marilee!...how ya doin' girl?

vicki, happy moving day!...best wishes on your new home!

took the day off from the gym today but will go very early in the morning before i have a meeting at the building with my tenant...

b: strawberry, blueberry, coconut mik and ice smoothie - delicious and filling, even though it was a small one...
l: skipped
d: chicken parm

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 02-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

is there a blackout in hinsdale??????????????....
Old 02-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha Tony! Thinking about my 3 day weekend got the best of me and I lost all concept of time. Went over to Brattleboro at 6:45 to the grocery store to get a pot roast, then home and peeled vegetables to go in the crock pot. Did a wash and then remembered I hadn't posted. Figured I'd sneak in here and no one would be the wiser!!!

FF!!! Wake up and don't sleep away your first day of your retirement. There is cooking to be done and opera's to be listened to!

Tony, what are your plans for the day? Did you get a dusting of snow this morning?

Will check back later! Have a great Saturday Blitzers!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

ff, we want a full report on your last day of work and first day of retirement...

hey abs, you should know if you give me a little daylight, i'm gonna slip in ahead of you! :-)

well, it's 3 p.m. and so far today i had a 2-hour meeting with my tenants, which went very well and then i came home, changed and went to the gym - i wasn't in the mood at 7 a.m. (who woulda thunk it?)...had a great workout and just came home and hopped in the shower and HERE I AM!...

my youngest son is going to a dance at school tonight, so we'll stay close by - no real plans at this point but we're pretty spontaneous, so ya never know...

so far, today:
b: 1/2 small apple
l: leftover grilled chicken and veggie kabobs
d:??????
Old 02-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Have a good evening Tony. Looks like the gang were just chillin today.

Talk to you all in the morning. Hope to beat Tony this time around! lol
Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

hmmmmm...everyone but abi and i have been soooooo quiet today...hope y'all are busy having FUN! :-)

ff, may still be sleeping in and vicki may be so sore from moving that she can't type...britt may still be searching for food after her boy devoured everything in the house last night, and marilee might have done some peyote and is staring at the sky...

Last edited by tony8; 02-16-2013 at 05:30 PM..
Old 02-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Well, it's 4:09 am. Where is everybody? lol Hey, I beat Tony today hands down.

The animals let me sleep in for an extra hour today so my day is off to a good start. Don't have to do any cooking today as we have leftover pot roast to warm up in the crock pot.

I'm sure it will be breakfast at the Backside unless my brother and sil are going to the ski jumping competition here in town. My brother was asked to help out at some point running stats from one point on the hill up to the group at the take off.

I just looked at the weather map and it looks like we could be getting some snow before too long. Let's hope it is not more that a few inches.

What's everybody doing today? Have a great Sunday Blitzers!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

drats!!!...and i had such high hopes!...LOL... :-)
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

well kids, i haven't weighed in several days and i'm happy i haven't because i stuck to my plan and am feeling thinner and more lean...don't get me wrong, i think i am still carrying 40+lbs. too much fat, but i have built a lot of muscle weight and my overall health is improving...

my blood pressure is regularly in the 112/68 range these days and i feel more energetic and alert...the better functioning of my bionic hip, in conjunction with my new, higher level of fitness is really becoming life-changing...and i believe that all this new muscle is slowly eating the fat on my body...

i know this is not a quick fix and it may take me another year to get to my weight goal implementing this method, but i think it will provide me with the best health consequences...so i am going to stay on this path and plan - lean meat, lower-glycemic fruits and veggies and reduced processed and junk food...as kbeth taught me - food as medicine, food as fuel...

on a fun note, i have been shopping around for a hot tub...i have been thinking about it for a few years and i may just splurge and do it...anyone have any experience with them?...

have a great sunday, kids!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

i've read where drinking a big glass of ice water as soon as you wake up helps accelerate weight loss as it revs your metabolism to warm all that cold water...seems logical, so i'm gonna try to do that, starting this morning :-)

my pt appt tomorrow will be my last one for two weeks and hopefully my second-to-last for at least a few years (until my other hip deteriorates)...i plan to hit the gym every other day as that regimen seems to work best with my body...
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #347

the last day was just going to different areas of the facility

to sign off. they let me keep my photo id as a souvenir. And, of course all my passwords to the different computer programs i used are all null and void. Then, i shmoozed with people who could not make it to the party because of work. Work does not stop just because a troll departs. I went to the cafereria to get a salad to complement the skirt steak and ribs platters. they gave me enough for 2 meals. Then, i went home. All the pix that were taken, will be forwarded to my email. Someday i may figure out how to post them on LCF. I am expecting Amin(of our building staff) in about 1/2 hour. He is helping me with some of the housecleaning, that i cannot do myself. I have him come on Sunday afternoons, once a month for 3 hours (from 1 PM to 4 PM), right in time for his 4-12 shift as doorman. Tony, you will outdo the Schwartzenegger before long. I am confused.
Who is moving...Gibby or Vicki? More later, FF
Old 02-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

vicki is moving, but marilee (gibby) is her aunt...

sounds like a nice last day, ff...so what time did you leave the hospital?...

just saw "identity theft" - pretty funny movie...melissa mccarthy is just hysterical...went with my two younger sons...

today:
b: small glass (6 oz.) of fresh fruit smoothie with coconut milk (strawberries, blueberries, banana, pear, pineapple, lemon, ice)..i LOVE my ninja!
l: skipped
s: 5 handfuls of popcorn
d: popeye's fried chicken
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Hey all....yep, love peyote! HA! Just busy doing things this 3-day weekend. My tax appointment is next Saturday so I'm going through all of my files - getting them current and then looking for things to deduct. Had my hair cut and colored Saturday. Just stuff.

I'm starting a new bible study on Wednesday evening, so tomorrow I will be reading the first chapter of the book and working on the study questions. Will make a dent in the housecleaning and finishe the laundry.

Haven't been good on plan, but haven't been overly bad.

TTYL.

Marilee
Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers! I've been busy already cleaning out DH's closet. It is a large walk in and so ends up being a holding area for all kinds of stuff. Have pulled all the stuff out, now what to do with it? lol

I think we are going to work on our taxes today. Have the folder with all our info on the kitchen counter so that's a start anyway.

Still have enough pot roast left for one more meal. Yea!

Today is DH's birthday. I bought him a memory foam pillow as he is doing alot of reading in bed at night since he can't sleep with all the pain. He really does not need a thing so hope he will like this.

My sister e-mailed me yesterday with 3 photos of an owl that had landed on top of her trellis. It stayed there for quite awhile. Neat!

Will check back in later. Have a great Monday all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg owl.jpg (24.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

wow, that owl photo is cool!...happy b-day to your hubby, abs, and good luck with your taxes...

marilee, good for you for not going too far astray...it is a new week, so maybe you can think about designing your own new plan that is moderate and one you can stick with and not feel deprived...

let's all stay strong - we've held our own this winter and we have a nice long holiday-free stretch between now and summer - let's look and feel better in time to take some of these clothes off! :-)
Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #352

i left "work" about 1 pm on Friday.

Abi, does that pillow really improve your memory? I must REMEMBER to look into that. Today I will just lay back and listen to music. Tomorrow, I will get out of the house, and do some errands. That is all for now. FF
Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha FF. At least retirement hasn't slowed down your wit!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

hmmmm...ff, you sound retired! :-)
Old 02-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Well, it feels like monday morning even though it's tuesday. Have my coffee made to bring to work and a baggy with bacon in it for 9am snack. It will be free lunch day but since we were off yesterday I don't know what it will be. Usually they have a salad on the side so I won't starve.

How is everybody doing today? Did you all have a relaxing weekend? We know Vicki didn't with her move. Vicki, is there still alot to be done to get settled in?

I finished cleaning out storage items from Dh's closet. He was quite surprised and pleased. Told him that was one of his birthday presents. DD called to say that DH's gift had just got delivered. She always follows the tracking. I looked out on the steps and there was his book from amazon. Amazing how that works.

Tony, we didn't do the taxes yet as Dh was feeling under the weather. Probably next weekend. Are you still thinking about the bbq place for the warm season?

Hope you all have a great Tuesday! FF, I feel like this is really your first official day of retirement. Am curious if you woke up, remembered you didn't have to go to work, and rolled over and went back to

Have a great day all!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

abi, how are you so "perky' at 3:54 a.m.!?...ha!

everyone's quiet, which i hope doesn't mean everyone's struggling...but if it is, today is a new day and a chance for a new re-start...digressions are necessary at times - don't beat yourself up - just start with one good snack or meal and take it from there...

if everyone is simply busy or having fun, ignore what i just said! :-)

abs, i have a lot of great ideas for the building, like the barbecue...my problem is that i can't sit still and need to be challenged all the time, so i have to be careful that i don't start saddling myself with all kinds of time-consuming operational business things that put me back where i was when i owned the lumber yard...the point was to be free to be in nashville etc...

to be honest, what is happening is that now that i have the freedom and the apt in nashville, etc., i have a 17-year-old son who is at a point where he needs me around...he is a good boy and a good student, but he just starting dating for the first time and is getting a bit distracted...she's a sweet and smart girl - he has good taste, but his grades have dipped a bit and so i am trying to guide him as best i can so he doesn't limit his options next year when he applies to colleges...

it's tricky, but i don't feel comfortable being away as much as i need to to do the songwriting justice...some of these business ideas at the building would be partnerships with my son to teach him some entrepreneurial skills AND to keep him busy...:-) we have a great relationship but i know what i am up against - nature...none of our other kids dated til they were in college - they were too busy with school, work and sports...i know he will work out the balance and be fine, i just don't want to be too far away too often at this point in time...

today is my day off from exercise - hope everyone has a great tuesday!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday! I enjoyed a nice 3 day weekend, and stayed away from the computer because I can't resist the compulsion to check work emails...

Strayed a bit this weekend, but not too horribly. Bag of chips. Cheesy garlic bread Lays (I really couldn't resist that one) and as horrible as I felt for cheating, they WERE that delicious.

Chinese take out for dinner last night. Beef with Broccoli. I don't eat the rice- never have. Just a filler for the good stuff. So I have left over Beef with Broccoli for lunch today. It's sitting on my desk next to me, taunting me. Early lunch will mean I'm starving before the workday is over, can't give in to tasty, tempting, beef and broccoli.....

Tony, I think I realized he was sleep eating around when he moved in. Prior times when he'd stay over, I'd hear him get up and I'd pop my head out, see him munching and just assumed he was hungry for a mid-night snack. It didn't dawn on me until later that he was actually asleep and unaware. Usually when I ask him about it the next morning he does not remember. I'm not sure how long he's been doing this for, but at least the 2 years that we've lived together. I sleep through it now, unless I'm up late and catch him in the act. Every now and then I'll pop out and have a quick bite of whatever he's enjoying. Once he was eating bbq pork slices and I snaked one, he gave me a dirty look/scowl. lol I suppose of all sleep walking habits, he could be getting into more trouble than just ransacking the fridge.

Abi, That is a really cute owl! I wish I lived somewhere that happened. I have friends in WA and they find baby deer in their yard all the time. They feed them bread. So beautiful.

FF, did you get the new super-wonder-cooker-machine-thing yet? Reviews???
Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #358

oy, back to work!

these TG weekends go by awfully fast, don't they? I had the weirdest dream, which seemed to last an awfully long time. I was almost late to work, this a.m. I dreamed I had decided to retire in 2013, and that I began a long count down beginning on TG 2011 (4 days ago). Ah, how foolish that decision would have been! GOTCHA!!! Loving idleness. I guess you might say I am the real American IDLE!!! It is raining now, but tomorrow will be almost perfect FF weather, sunny and crispy cold. I am going to get in some much needed walking. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #359

Not yet Blondie!

I expect it before the end of February. So looking forward to baptising it, and trying out the self cleaning function. Everyone's off-plan essentials is different. I would have included sesame seed coated bread sticks in my soup and salad. Chocolate as in Russell Stover would have been high on the list, as well as #1 which is pistachio ice cream with the dark red cherries in it (does anyone still make it?). Well, the instinct to save $$$ should stem the lust for such temptations. I am on a fixed and limited income. FF
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

britt, that is hilarious!...i would pay to watch the movie that takes place in your apt. in the middle of the night...ummm, not sure that sounded right! ;-)

ff, i was totally confused by your post - you are just crazy enough to have made the whole retirement thing up!...
Closed Thread