Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
sigh of relief!

I just finished the dentist. There are other things that need to be done, but there are sizable out of pocket costs that go with the procedures. If lady luck should pay me a visit, I will make a bee line to have thoase issues properly addressed. Meanwhile, my mouth is pain free, and feels kissibly fresh. My 2nd ex-wife had perfect teeth, all 3 rows of them. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
I just finished the dentist. There are other things that need to be done, but there are sizable out of pocket costs that go with the procedures. If lady luck should pay me a visit, I will make a bee line to have thoase issues properly addressed. Meanwhile, my mouth is pain free, and feels kissibly fresh. My 2nd ex-wife had perfect teeth, all 3 rows of them. FF
I'm picturing Coneheads and sharks
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Ranch dressing is a bad bad thing

The cucumbers served only as a spoon to my ranch soup. I ate the entire cucumber. I'd still be going had I not run out of said cucumber.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #304

cukes ARE very low in carbs.

it is mostly water anyway. I am more of a celery, broccoli kind of guy. I could easily consume an acre of each even without dressing. FF
Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
good to see everyone posting and doing well...

ff, i'm betting you have been a remarkably steady and competent employee over your career and although they may be able to replace you physically, they will not replace the unique personality and sense of humor you have brought to the workplace!...you had shared the story of the credit card before, and i completely understand - it is easy for those balances to creep up to the point where they become like another mortgage or rent payment :-) your decision to do without one is yet another testament to your discipline and common sense...

britt, i can't believe how few ingredients are in those muffins...i love cheesecake, so i'm sure they are good...happy to hear the boy is paying as much attention to your face as he is to your hips :-)

my official weigh-in is weds but i climbed on the scale this morning and screamed!...i was up to 228.8 lbs...i haven't weighed that much in 2 1/2 years...i'm hoping it is fluid as it is 4 lbs. heavier than i was last wednesday and i have been eating on-plan and not very much!...if this is the result of working out, i don't know what to do...

my waist is the same and several people have told me that i look like i am losing weight, and i can feel and see my muscles growing, but i am only 5'9" and need to be 30-40 lbs lighter...i hate to give up the weight training as i feel so good and strong, but i may have to consider cutting back until i drop some weight...

today:
b: skipped
l: 3 oz. roast turkey breast
d: slow-cooked dry-rubbed boneless pork rib meat

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Tony, do you have access to any type of scale/method that would determine body fat percentage? Something like that along with your workouts could be better than the traditional scale. Instead of seeing your muscle weight creep up, you could be watching your body fat percentage decrease?

At the same time if workouts are legit, you could easily be packing around several extra pounds in water weight to help your muscle tissue repair.

I'd say if you can tell your body is transforming, and others can see it as well, let the scale collect dust.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for the encouragement, britt...i think i'm gonna keep doing what i am doing for another week or two and see where i stand...i didn't know there was such a thing as the scale you described - gonna have to try to find one...thanks!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
DH is taking my car today to have some work done on it. Wish me luck driving his truck to work. The last time I drove it I could hardly reach the pedals. Have some pillows to help prop me up. lol And this is a small truck! The plow pushed more snow into the end of the driveway which is real crusty now from the rain and sleet from yesterday. I may not be able to even get out of the driveway.

Tony, I think Britt's idea for a scale that measures body fat is a good one. We know you haven't gained any fat weight for sure! I think I heard you scream all the way over here in Hinsdale!

FF, glad you got the main work done on your teeth! No pain is good!

Free lunch today is several kinds of salads like chicken and ham with wraps. Sounds like I will be able to eat more than the usual green salad.

Wishing all the Blitzers a great Tuesday!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:09 AM   #309

thanks, Tony for your support.

i WILL be hard to replace; not because of the work, but because i AM unique. what sort of dry rub do you use on your critters? Enquiring trolls would like to know.Yesterday was a typical Monday-dismal, depressing, and rainy. I woke up this a.m. thinking: THAT WAS MY LAST FULL TIME MONDAY. Ye Gods!!! F-28 work hours to go-F
Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

FF- must say, I'm jealous of you. Being able to wake up and have that thought would set a very good mood for the rest of the day!

Tony- ask some of the trainers at your gym. There are a few at home scales you can program, but there are other methods that trainers use too.

Dinner last night consisted of a few bacon slices and a few sausages. Was not wearing my wonder chef hat. I was too engrossed in a new book. Amazon gave it a lot of hype around "the twist you won't see coming"- well guess what, just that statement alone I'm pretty sure I know what's ahead. Good book so far, regardless.

B: coffee w/ splash of SF sweet cream flavored creamer
L: cup of chicken tikka masala and cucumbers (did NOT bring the ranch as I clearly have NO self control)
D: Probably will try to finish off the pulled pork.

I ordered a few items from Waldens. I got a garlic & herb pasta sauce, a hickory bbq sauce, and an Asian dressing/marinade. All SF and 0 carb. I haven't tested them out yet because there is no room in the fridge to store the bottles once opened. REALLY need to clean out the fridge...
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #311

that makes 2 of us Blondieblue...

i have stuff in the back of my fridge left from my home world-Ferenghinar. I will do 1 shelf at a time. 1 in 2013, the next one in 2014 etc etc etc. FF
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

britt, i am waaaaay too shy and self-conscious to talk to the trainers at the gym!...i try to be anonymous in there - i don't even know who the trainers are...haha!...i have to do some research on the % body fat thingy...

ff, i use different rubs depending on the meat...on the ribs, i used mccormick mesquite seasoning this time...and you most definitely are UNIQUE...

abs, how was the commute in the truck?...and how was the lunch?...

emmy came home for dinner and brought her boyfriend...he's a nice kid and i like him...em is studying to be a teacher and works in an after-school program and at least one of the kids has head lice...nh requires that the kids stay in school - i don't understand that...17 years ago, my two daughters got lice from a girl at school and it took us a month to get rid of them...it was traumatic...my head is itchy just thinking about it!

time to watch the state of the union address...

today:
b: 1 scrambled egg
l: burger king $1.49 double-cheeseburger
s: 1/2 apple
d: grilled steak tips, chicken and veggies
Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I white knuckled it all the way to Bernardston! lol The roads looked iffy and I couldn't figure out how to move the side mirrors. My car has an automatic button. I tried to move the whole casing and then drove with only my rear view adjusted. A guy at work said just try to move the mirror itself. Whap - I could have had a v8! Of course that was what I should have done. Anyway the trip home was fine, roads dry etc. I did have to sit on pillow and put one behind my back to be able to reach the peddles!

Here are some examples of body fat scales. Never have used one myself so don't know how they work.Body Fat Scales | Overstock.com: Buy Weight Management Online

Lunch was so so. They did not have chicken and ham salad wraps. Mine had rolled up bologna and cheese in it. Ate it out of the wrap with mayo on it. Oh well, it was free and filling.

My old department came and requested my help from my supervisor for the last hour of the day. We were also short handed but he said go ahead. I guess he took over for me. It was funny, people from both dept. were yelling at each other that other dept. could not keep me and good luck to me for having to go over "to the dark side". It was very funny. My super said for me not to let them talk me into staying.

Well, today is Ash Wednesday for me. No meat and two meals need to be very small, not to equal the third meal. No snacks. I have a couple of hard boiled eggs to bring for breakfast and lunch and afew crackers made totally from parmesan cheese. I may make Linda sues spinach lasagna without meat for dinner. I'll see how much energy I have when I get home.

Have a wonderful Wednesday Blitzers!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #314

i was so wrapped up in my retirement that i forgot that today is

MY BIRTHDAY-62 years as measured on your world. i am officially old. I got a letter from my local nyc councilman congratulating me on my birthday (how did he know?). He also said to call him if i needed anything. I did. I did not talk to him, of course, but some functionary. this was regarding some transportation difficulties I had been having. He promised he would look into it and get back to me in a few days. as it is my birthday, i will try to be optimistic, and not my usual cynical self (until tomorrow, anyway). Now I am gonna continue cleaning out my work station desk drawers. Later, Blitzers, all! F-21 work hours to go-F
Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

FF!!!!!!! so what are we doing to celebrate?

abs, i am so happy that you are getting that acknowledgement at work...you waited a LOOOOONG time for it and deserve it...

as a certified heathen, i no longer follow holy day restrictions, but there was a time when i would walk around with ashes on my forehead and not eat meat and i hated all fish but tuna as a kid...happy ash wednesday, abi!!!...

i actually have a pretty free day today - thinking about what kind of trouble i can get into
Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/333.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
ff!!!!!! Wow, your birthday and almost retired...how good does it get?

I've been reading the posts and am glad that everyone is doing well. I discovered that my stomach/intestinal issues were related to my diet. I'm sure it works for others, but I had to stop and since I did, I feel so much better!

Last night for dinner I had lamb loin chops sauteed in a little oil and butter and garlic and I sauteed some kale (I never had it before and wanted to try it) in evoo and garlic and then steamed it. Yummy!!!!!

With my tummy issues, I have managed to gain a few pounds, so, I figured the first day of Lent was a great time to see if I can stay on plan without breaking my diet through the Lenten period. I hope so! I found that I can do any plan for a couple of months and then I get bored.

Marilee
Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Abi- that's always a nice compliment to receive at work!

Happy Birthday FF!!! What a week of celebration for you! You need to demand 2 parties. I would.

I think I may have mentioned a long time ago that my dear dear boy has this affliction... He sleep-eats. Middle of the night, no consciousness, no recollection the next morning. The few times I have actually witnessed said sleep-eating kept me laughing for hours.

I woke up to all my bacon, sausage, and cucumbers devoured. And a good deal of my ranch. So my meals today will be a little dicey, to say the least. I had coffee w/ leeeeetle sf creamer. My lunch box contains a 1/2 lb of deli turkey (still in the deli bag- just brought the whole lot), a whole cucumber (hopefully there is a knife in the work kitchen that I can chop it up with...) and the bowl of ranch with what little is left.

I'm tempted to just call up a sandwich delivery and see if they can deliver a sub, but wrap in lettuce.

Normally I get a good chuckle out of his sleep-eating because it's usually he that discovers he night-ate something that he planned on eating the next day. Not happy this morning however. He may be sabotaging today on purpose. Today is 3 year anniversary since I met the lil slug.

At least it's American Idol day! Happy Wednesday All!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

The sandwich delivery place won out. I just couldn't be reeled in by my lunch box of random consumables. I got a big Italian style sub with vinegar and oil and oregano. Wrapped in lettuce of course. AND a giant dill pickle.

Also just realized it's Wingsday! (Pizza hut has 50% off wings on Wednesdays) There is a mass amount of buffalo sauce in my future.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday FF!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
ff!!!!!! Wow, your birthday and almost retired...how good does it get?

I've been reading the posts and am glad that everyone is doing well. I discovered that my stomach/intestinal issues were related to my diet. I'm sure it works for others, but I had to stop and since I did, I feel so much better!

Last night for dinner I had lamb loin chops sauteed in a little oil and butter and garlic and I sauteed some kale (I never had it before and wanted to try it) in evoo and garlic and then steamed it. Yummy!!!!!

With my tummy issues, I have managed to gain a few pounds, so, I figured the first day of Lent was a great time to see if I can stay on plan without breaking my diet through the Lenten period. I hope so! I found that I can do any plan for a couple of months and then I get bored.
What diet was causing the problems??
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #321

Thanks all for your birthday and retirement wishes!

I am confident they will all come true. I went to the eye clinic today. Thank the Gods, no glaukoma, no macular degeneration, no damage due to DMII and HTN. His professional opinion was merely that I am a SIGHT for sore EYES. Yes, the jokes get CORNEA & CORNEA. When my oven arrives, I will be doing a turkey, and then ribs with the mesquite dry rub.Oh, I lost 5 lbs in 30 minutes. I got my long overdue haircut. Now my ideas reach the outer world so much quicker. F-14 work hours to go-F
Old 02-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/333.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
What diet was causing the problems??
MF
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

britt, i don't remember ever hearing about sleep-eating...in fact, i've never heard of it...that is funny...i assume it is like sleep-walking - are you not supposed to wake him up?...does he appear to be awake?...how can you tell the difference?...

ff, did you celebrate your b-day in some way?...

marilee, that's too bad about the mf upsetting your stomach...i hope you don't have a lot of their food left over...

i drove to ri today to visit my uncle who lost his wife a couple of weeks ago while i was in nashville...pretty sad - he is 83 and she was 90 and they were together over 60 years, so he is a bit lost...that being said, he is sharp as a tack and moves like he is 40 - still runs the little store my grandfather started in 1950 and where he has always worked...i hope i inherited some of his genes!...

before i saw my uncle, i had lunch with my brother...the first thing he said to me after i took off my jacket was, "have you lost more weight?"...i am dumbfounded, as i keep hearing that question as the scale is going up...

i made the decision to skip this week's weigh-in, as i was worried that a high number would cause me to change my current regimen...i have to focus on my workout and rehab and not my weight or i may never get full function of my hip...

my pt session yesterday went well...she wants to see me once next week and then not again until what may be my last appointment two weeks after that...i'm almost done!...i took today off but will hit the gym tomorrow and friday and sunday and then pt on monday...by next wednesday, i should have a good idea of where i am...

today:
b: a greenish banana
l: salad topped with chicken salad
d: leftover grilled steak and chicken

Last edited by tony8; 02-13-2013 at 07:39 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

time zones?

Just popped in to read updates and wondering about the time stamp deal... it's 1035 AZ time (idk zones... but maybe 1235 am est???) Did I beat you east coast early risers? If I did, HAPPY VAMLUMTIMES DAAAAYYYY!!!!! if I did not beat you, I don't really mean it. I will mean it tomorrow. In my time zone
Old 02-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Valentines Day Blitzers!

Britt, you did beat me today! That does not happen very often. Ususally it's Tony when I get to puttering around the house before I get on the computer.

Every day one or two people are out sick at work. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Marilee, sorry about mf giving you stomach issues. Hope you feel good now!

FF, great on good eye exam! I bet you look spiffy with that hair cut! Are you working a full day Tomorrow?

Tony, if people say you look like you have lost weight, you know you have lost fat! Good going and stay off the scales!

Vicki, happy moving day tomorrow! Get a good night's rest tonight!

Have a wonderful day today all you wonderful blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-14-2013 at 01:16 AM..
Old 02-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #326

yes, i am working a full day today.

not sure what happens tomorrow. i never retired before. i have been fired a few times (previous employs). not quite as pleasant. I had a very large meal last night-totally zero carb. I started with the blue danube waltz, then, some arias sung by Feodor Chaliapin, and some selection by Richard Wagner from live performances, all on Youtube. But, this weekend, I will get a large and thick steak. F-some work hours to go-F
Old 02-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

happy valentine's day back at y'all!

ff, wish we could all be there to celebrate with you!...

abs, you are so sweet!...

britt, hope the boy didn't sleep-eat you out of house and home last night...

gotta head off to the gym to put on more weight - ugh!...i will check in later...

p.s. started the day off with a scrambled egg...
bri
Old 02-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #328

actually, the barber was closed.

Fortunately I remembered that my vaccum cleaner has a lawnmower attachment. Improvise! You will all be in my thoughts on quel jour de fete (this festive day). It is a foregone conclusion that the food (THERE BETTER BE FOOD)will not be within the parameters of ATKINS Induction. I will do the best i can w/o guilt. I will not go hogwild, until i make my own ribs. I have adhered to the spirit of ATKINS, rather than the rules, during this very stressful and unreal period since 1/1/13. Saturday, I will begin doing it to the letter and the spirit. I am pleased I have gained no weight thus far. Now, beginning Saturday 2/16/13, i am in it to win it. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #329

what a day!

It was a wonderful sendoff. There was enough food to feed India. I ate very little, as I was too busy socializing. I ate very little carbs. Then at 3 pm, they brought out the desserts. I had 1 small piece of cake which had a letter from my name (which, by that time, I no longer remembered.)Very many friends came to wish me adieu. I am exhausted. Tomorrow is the official last day, which I found out, I will not be finishing at the usual time. All in all, a beautiful experience. FF
Old 02-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

i'm so happy for you, ff!...i bet there will be some tears tomorrow...you earned all this simply being who you are...

great workout at the gym this morning...and my menu has been:
b: 1 scrambled egg
l: skipped
d: steak, mushrooms and onions on a small onion roll
Closed Thread