Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   30 day binge free challenge (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/792302-30-day-binge-free-challenge.html)

jeaniem 12-29-2012 03:34 PM

30 day binge free challenge

12/30/12-1-30-13

We can do it ladies!!:high5: Post here daily!

Invictus 12-29-2012 04:41 PM

IM IN

Woohoo!!! Challenge here we come!

jeaniem 12-29-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invictus (Post 16159180)
Woohoo!!! Challenge here we come!

:high5: We can do this if we set our minds to it.

angie1 12-29-2012 06:49 PM

Awesome this is going to be great! I really think 2013 is going to be a great year for weight loss and sticking to plan :)

Here we go!! I am going to add it in my signature so I can keep track

jeaniem 12-29-2012 06:54 PM

Oops! The dates are wrong the 30 days will end on Jan 28, not the 30th. It is too late for editing now, so I will just start a new challenge on the 29th for those who want to continue the 30 day challenges.

Jennifer 12-29-2012 08:57 PM

I'm in!

I've been binging pretty much non-stop since just before Halloween - 2 months!! :( I just can't keep this up.

I plan to stay l/c the vast majority of the time because that is the way I like to eat. But if I really want something off plan I will have it. Feeling deprived, cravings, and all or nothing thinking = binge for me.

Stopping the binging is my main goal; even ahead of losing weight. It is controlling my life and I have to stop before I reach the point of no return.

tobelowcarber 12-30-2012 01:36 AM

Thanks for starting the challenge, Jeanie. I am in :)

Garden 12-30-2012 05:22 AM

Now this IS A VERY SERIOUS challenge !!!!!!

shirlc 12-30-2012 05:57 AM

I'm in!!! :jumpjoy:

jeaniem 12-30-2012 06:12 AM

Yay glad so many are joining in!:jumpjoy:

Today is our first day, I have faith that everyone will post later today indicating that today was binge free and on plan.:)

angie1 12-30-2012 07:48 AM

Day 1 :jumpjoy:
Today is a DD (down day for the non JUDDDs - where you eat 500 calories) . I am really looking forward to it since all these feasts over the last 2 months. I have planned to go to the gym around 3pm to do a walk/run and then go to a friend's house tonight around 7pm so I am out of the house during the "binge monster hours" lol. I am also going to go out and buy a lock for one of our closets and put the cookies/chocolates in there and give the key away ...far far awayyyy.

I will post back tonight and i WILL add a 1 to my signature!!

What are your plans to avoid bingeing?

lisabinil 12-30-2012 08:59 AM

Thanks for the invite Jeanie. Even though I am not strictly lc but healthy lower carb she invited me in for the accountability. I am recovering from some medical issues and will focus on healthier eating and starting to slowly exercise again. Of course I am looking forward to this challenge helping me control my chocolate obsession...:o :)

jeaniem 12-30-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie1 (Post 16159962)
What are your plans to avoid bingeing?

I am going to concentrate on how much better I feel after only a mere 4 days of eating better. I also made a vision board for motivation and wrote out a daily menu that will allow for an evening snack, since that is usually my downfall time.:o

tobelowcarber 12-30-2012 10:11 AM

Angie and Shirl- I am also doing JUDD. This is my 3rd try. This time I am doing it low carb and so far so good.

My binges are purely hormonal. During PMS I loose control and throw all my low carb principles out of the window. I am getting closer to this time of the month and I am already scared.

My plan is to stick to low carb (max 40 gr of gross carbs a day) and staying away from trigger foods, which for me are:

NUTS!!!
Yogurt
Any Fruit
Honey

I know that once I have just bite of any of the above I am in big trouble.

lisabinil 12-30-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16160200)
Angie and Shirl- I am also doing JUDD. This is my 3rd try. This time I am doing it low carb and so far so good.

My binges are purely hormonal. During PMS I loose control and throw all my low carb principles out of the window. I am getting closer to this time of the month and I am already scared.

My plan is to stick to low carb (max 40 gr of gross carbs a day) and staying away from trigger foods, which for me are:

NUTS!!!
Yogurt
Any Fruit
Honey

I know that once I have just bite of any of the above I am in big trouble.

Try upping your omega 3s-helps some with this.

tobelowcarber 12-30-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisabinil (Post 16160239)
Try upping your omega 3s-helps some with this.

Thanks! I already eat lots of wild salmon so I though I was getting enough. I have to see what else is high in omega 3.

lisabinil 12-30-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16160393)
Thanks! I already eat lots of wild salmon so I though I was getting enough. I have to see what else is high in omega 3.

Sometimes you have to up or megadose around that time-lc guru Johnny Bowden has a "pms cocktail" he gives his clients during that time.

tobelowcarber 12-30-2012 02:59 PM

Lisa- I have never heard of Johnny Bowden. I just googled him and like some of the books. I will look into PMS cocktail for sure. Thank you!

jeaniem 12-30-2012 03:46 PM

Been a good day here!

1/30

How is everyone doing?

Biochic 12-30-2012 04:15 PM

I'm in:jumpjoy:

And today was good but man I almost blew it. Stress from a visit with my 88 yr old mom had me wanting to head to the supermarket and grab a few pints of ice cream:annoyed: I didn't do it but that voice in my head was LOUD:sad:

Made it home. Had a cup of coffee and made sure my dinner was yummy.
The good new is I totally recognized the trigger- anxiety! Came home and hit the GABA instead. I'm really hoping these supplements will help.

Feeling bad whether physically or emotionally is usually why I turn to food. I don't celebrate with food... I medicate:o

jeaniem 12-30-2012 04:25 PM

Way to go Lisa! I would blush admitting the types and amounts of food I can eat at one sitting when in binge mode!

Keep posting!

Invictus 12-30-2012 06:22 PM

Day 1

A good day here as well. NOT FUN, but good as far as binging. I'd rather be eating Chocolate :cry:
I cant wait to get the first week over with and the cravings to go away.
Hope everyone had a good Sunday
to be continued.....

shirlc 12-30-2012 06:32 PM

I did well today! :)

lewlew48 12-30-2012 07:17 PM

joining

I'm in!!:)

Jennifer 12-30-2012 08:52 PM

DAY 1/30

Monday is going to be hard, because I know I will have the 'last day before the New Year' mentality. I am going to allow myself to eat what I want, but be very mindful that it doesn't turn into a binge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biochic (Post 16160845)
The good new is I totally recognized the trigger- anxiety! Came home and hit the GABA instead. I'm really hoping these supplements will help.

Feeling bad whether physically or emotionally is usually why I turn to food. I don't celebrate with food... I medicate:o

Good for your for recognizing the trigger and not giving in. I medicate with food too. I wish I were one of those people who can't eat when stressed or upset - I'd be a twig!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniem (Post 16160868)
I would blush admitting the types and amounts of food I can eat at one sitting when in binge mode!

Oh God me too! Just Friday night I ate 1.5 lbs of assorted chocolates in less than 30 minutes. It's horrible! :sad:

Garden 12-31-2012 04:15 AM

Yesterday was a good day. The only snack I had last night was 17 nuked turkey pepperoni with feta sprinkled on top. Eggs for breakfast, some sliced ham for lunch and steak & salad for dinner.

Got some coconut oil when I went shopping...going to increase my fat intake to see if it curbs the appetite.

angie1 12-31-2012 06:57 AM

So I am checking in... last night was not good . A friend invited me last minute over to her house where she had prepared dinner desserts and drinks :o ...well after one drink ...everything went downhill from there. I had a great time, but I don't think I will be able to commit to this challenge until Jan 2 (in which I will go FULL force! :D)

Tonight is New Years Eve ...another house party to go to with lots of food and wine. and then New Years Day we have a huge potluck and my boyfriends mothers house. I will also be throwing out all the leftovers, cookies and chocolates that day from my house!!!

Anyways I will stick to this challenge except I will change my days to 27 days starting Jan 2! :D woohoo!

AND a bigggg :jumpjoy::clap: to everyone who completed day 1 !! Awesome so motivating!!

Wishing everyone a great night tonight and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!!!

cici52 12-31-2012 07:51 AM

I need this. Starting today.

jeaniem 12-31-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cici52 (Post 16161709)
I need this. Starting today.

Hi there! Have a great day and don't forget to check back later and let us know how is going.:)

oct2667us 12-31-2012 10:48 AM

I am in!!