Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Just went back and counted 10 days bi.ge free.
18 days nicotine free.

Have been taking the supplements daily. Seem to be coming out of the depression.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Yay, Cici!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #573
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
You're doing great Cici! I am inspired by your tenacity, I was only able to tackle one thing at a t time, I first quick drinking, then smoking and well the binging has yet to happen. I do think some of my problem is depression maybe hormonal as I do fine for a couple of weeks and then I feel down and want to eat.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #574
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxymom View Post
Jeanie, Shirl is exactly right. I shudder to think where my eating would be without this thread.

BTW Shirl, you are doing so great!

Lisa, what is a chocolate peanut butter pop? Is it like a Reese's? Wait don't tell me, it's better that I don't know. Oh! And your abstinence from bingeing is inspiring. You should be so proud!

Does anybody else find this time of year as frustrating as I do? What with those dang Girl Scout cookie pushers on every corner PLUS the return of the Cadbury eggs? I dread the grocery store and wal mart!

DH did me a big favor the other day, apparently those little demon scouts convinced him he needed 2 boxes of those freakin' cookies. Good man kept them in his car and ate them when he drove alone. I found the evidence after they were gone. Wait a minute, it occurs to me that this might not have been as kind a move as I initially thought. Is it possible that he knows me so well that he knew to bring them in the house would be to sacrifice them to BrandiBinge ? Hmmmmm, yeah, probably cookie preservation on his part. *sigh*

Elaine, are you reading this? Hope you are ok and you get back to us soon!
I think grocery stores, tv and radio commercials, girl scouts are all out to get us. I mean how is a addict supposed to react when her fix is around every corner? I am joking I think....
Old 03-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I think grocery stores, tv and radio commercials, girl scouts are all out to get us. I mean how is a addict supposed to react when her fix is around every corner? I am joking I think....
It is totally true. They only want our money. They don't care about our health.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/138/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Just went back and counted 10 days bi.ge free.
18 days nicotine free.

Have been taking the supplements daily. Seem to be coming out of the depression.
excellent!!
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

I weathered the storm both literally and figuratively. Those pops (my DD concoction of Nutella and peanut butter on a stick living in my freezer since December). I threw together a chocolate silk substitute fat bomb thing and set thing right again...
That was the strongest urge I've had in a very long time. Damn, always just a hair away from falling off the cliff
Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Start - 2/10/13

2/10-3/8 - 23 days binge free and 4 NOT
Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I had a very long work week and was super tired today. Laid around the hotel room and finally got up and went out. Went to a grocery as I am tired of restaurant food and kept going to the "biscuit" and "sweets" (cookies and candy) aisles. I typically am not a big sweet eater and will normally go for savory/salty tastes in food. So this was clue #1 I was off. Circling around the store I kept going back reading the labels for everything. I think this really helped me see that I did not really want those carby/sweet foods and that I was probably dehydrated. Somehow just reading the nutritional labels on all the packages kicked my brain into gear. It was like a visual kick in the butt. I really wanted those foods until I saw the proof of how bad they would be for me and how hard it would be tomorrow if I ate them. I found some diet coke and sugar free hard candy and some popcorn that I do eat regularly on my plan. Not the best foods in the world, but they are all within my plan and won't set me off on a binge.

Brandi- He did a very nice thing not bringing cookies into the house.

Lisa- WTG on diverting your urge to eat those nutella devils and finding something equally as satisfying and on plan!

Cici- Congrats on becoming a non-smoker!

Last edited by Phranquie; 03-09-2013 at 01:01 PM..
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Frankie you're doing great! KUTGW. When will u be heading home?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doxymom
Stats: 162/162/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: 2/5/13
I blew it again. I absolutely cannot believe I am writing this. Today, one of my clients brought me a present. A bag of 7 types of tastykakes. We can't get them here in California, so being from the east, she decided I needed to experience them. Why oh why do I convince myself that I will just give them to DH and not eat them? Why do I not just throw them away? Well, I ate 4 of the 7 before DH took the rest away.

I am embarrassed to be reporting this, but if I don't, I know I will not get back on the wagon for days. My weight is very upsetting for me. I am not at my heaviest, but I am about 25 pounds over weight and although that is not an enormous amount, at this moment it seems like an impossible goal. I know EXACTLY what I need to do to lose it, but I keep allowing outside influences to derail me. I feel like I am very weak willed at the moment. I keep trying to remember all the times I have been successful at weight loss (very successful at times) what was the catalyst? What caused me to be so strong and dedicated that nothing could derail me? How did I manage to reach the goal? (regaining the weight is another discussion altogether). I can't seem to remember. So now I am trying to recapture that strength, but thus far I keep failing. I am also finding that for the days I am on track, the weight does not seem to budge. That is disheartening. So that's my situation. Thanks for allowing me to vent. Tomorrow is another day.
Doxymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:56 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I blew it again. I absolutely cannot believe I am writing this. Today, one of my clients brought me a present. A bag of 7 types of tastykakes. We can't get them here in California, so being from the east, she decided I needed to experience them. Why oh why do I convince myself that I will just give them to DH and not eat them? Why do I not just throw them away? Well, I ate 4 of the 7 before DH took the rest away.

I am embarrassed to be reporting this, but if I don't, I know I will not get back on the wagon for days. My weight is very upsetting for me. I am not at my heaviest, but I am about 25 pounds over weight and although that is not an enormous amount, at this moment it seems like an impossible goal. I know EXACTLY what I need to do to lose it, but I keep allowing outside influences to derail me. I feel like I am very weak willed at the moment. I keep trying to remember all the times I have been successful at weight loss (very successful at times) what was the catalyst? What caused me to be so strong and dedicated that nothing could derail me? How did I manage to reach the goal? (regaining the weight is another discussion altogether). I can't seem to remember. So now I am trying to recapture that strength, but thus far I keep failing. I am also finding that for the days I am on track, the weight does not seem to budge. That is disheartening. So that's my situation. Thanks for allowing me to vent. Tomorrow is another day.
Hi Brandi
We've all been there or we would not be here. I don't know why we self sabotage. Maybe setting short terms goals is the key that "one day at a time" thing seems to help so many.
I appreciate your honesty. You did not have to post this. Any one of us could be posting the very same thing tomorrow.
Have you tried taking supplements? I'm not sure if they are the key to my success this time around. I have other motivating factors like being diagnosed with high BP. I had a real white knuckle moment a few days ago but they are rare now. If you have not read the diet cure it may be worth your time. There is a website too. Check that out, you may find a piece to the puzzle there...

Goals for 2014

Remain food-sane 1 day at a time
Continue with yoga
Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Start - 2/10/13

2/10-3/9 - 24 days binge free and 4 NOT
Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doxymom
Old 03-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #586
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I hope you're feeling better Brandi I ask myself the same questions repeatedly.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #587
Big Yapper!!!!

I am trying a seven day challenge in hopes that the prospect of making my goal doesn't seem so overwhelming. Also, I am going to commit to first throwing on my headphones and getting out for a walk/jog before I overeat or binge. I know this won't work in all situations but I tend to binge at home in the evenings and the weather is getting nicer so hopefully it will work. I am hoping that this may train my brain to not want to binge? I just recently have gotten back to where I can jog a little over a mile w/o resting and it makes me feel really good, so if I can just get out and do it I think it will work.

7 day challenge

3/10-
3/11-
3/12-
3/13-
3/14-
3/15-
3/16-
Old 03-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a good plan.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I am trying a seven day challenge in hopes that the prospect of making my goal doesn't seem so overwhelming. Also, I am going to commit to first throwing on my headphones and getting out for a walk/jog before I overeat or binge. I know this won't work in all situations but I tend to binge at home in the evenings and the weather is getting nicer so hopefully it will work. I am hoping that this may train my brain to not want to binge? I just recently have gotten back to where I can jog a little over a mile w/o resting and it makes me feel really good, so if I can just get out and do it I think it will work.

7 day challenge

3/10-
3/11-
3/12-
3/13-
3/14-
3/15-
3/16-

Sounds like a good plan!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #590
Big Yapper!!!!

7 day challenge

3/10-
3/11-
3/12-
3/13-
3/14-
3/15-
3/16-[/QUOTE]
Old 03-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Jeanie, your plan sounds good. I honestly hope it helps you feel not so overwhelmed.

As for me, today was a much better day. I stayed really busy, got a lot accomplished and didn't binge. I had 3 normal portioned meals and 1 snack. To be honest, I didn't worry about the carbs, just the portions, (I tried to be easy on myself for once!). So today I am going to count as day 1. Although the food wasn't perfectly L/C, there was no overeating or bingeing and right now that is an accomplishment!

I also want to thank you all for your very kind words and the hugs you sent. You really lifted my spirits and I appreciate it.

Brandi
Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Start - 2/10/13

2/10-3/10 - 25 days binge free and 4 NOT
Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

Struggling today

Hi everyone
I'm really struggling today. I'm feeling depressed. I have not felt this low in 72 days
It may be because I ran out go my 5htp and didn't get more for 2 days. Perhaps stopping abruptly is not a good thing.
I'm feeling like i'll never get to my goal. The scale is not moving but going up and down every few days. I ate out both lunch and dinner on Saturday so there may have been hidden carb (sugar)? Not sure but maybe that has triggered my feelings/mood.
Anyway, I fighting the urge to soothe myself with carbs. Just posting this has helped. I'm so glad you guys are here.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you posted, Lisa. Sorry you are feeling low. I so admire your progress and how great you have been doing. Even the fact that you posted first instead of carbing out first shows you have learned some great tools. Hang in there. 72 days I'm guessing is how long you have been in control. You still are in control. You can make it through.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Lisa, 72 days. What an amazing accomplishment. It's interesting though, how we can be going along so well but the depression can still get to us. Cici is absolutely right. I never had the forethought to post here first, before consoling my depressed moods with food. But you did. That is huge.

Maybe you're right, maybe it is simply because you ran out of your suppliment. You seem to feel that they really help. So chalk this up to a valuable lesson. Always have a backup.

Restaurant food is also loaded with sodium. Even when I choose well, I almost always see the scale go up with fluid retention. So please don't panic!

I am in the same boat weight wise. Ok, lately I have been screwing up royal, but even when I am doing really well the scale doesn't hardly move at all. Sometimes it even goes up. It is so upsetting and depressing, it makes me want to throw in the towel. But I am telling you I have seen people persevere month after month, continuing to eat on plan despite no weight coming off, then all of a sudden, it starts to drop off again. It will with you too. Please don't get discouraged. You WILL get to your goal. I have been so discouraged lately and you always have a kind and helpful and supportive word for me. I hate to think you are feeling badly. Stay strong, tomorrow will be better.

Brandi
Old 03-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member

No binge day 2
Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you everyone. Made it through another day.

I had a thought- maybe counting the days isn't a good thing for me to do. I started doing it as part of my daily journal but I wonder...
If this is a true life change, why count the days There will be/should be no end so what am I counting for? Meh, just a thought

I'm hoping today is better. 2 days back on 5htp so if that was a contributing factor it should start to settle things down.

Wish me luck
Old 03-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Start - 2/10/13

2/10-3/11 - 26 days binge free and 4 NOT

So my 30 days are over again. I'll keep reading and posting here because it really helps me!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochic View Post
Thank you everyone. Made it through another day.

I had a thought- maybe counting the days isn't a good thing for me to do. I started doing it as part of my daily journal but I wonder...
If this is a true life change, why count the days There will be/should be no end so what am I counting for? Meh, just a thought

I'm hoping today is better. 2 days back on 5htp so if that was a contributing factor it should start to settle things down.

Wish me luck
I don't think counting has changed my behavior but acknowleging it and sharing ideas with others has helped. Good nutrition including supplements is the biggest factor.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I figured out today that my depression is situational- now I just have to figure out how to ignore the negativity that I have allowed to impact me

I cannot change how people perceive me but I always feel so badly when they see me in a negative light. I shouldn't care but I do!
Now I need to figure out how to not give a flying fig. Once I figure that out, the urge to binge will go away. Easy, right?