Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Joy of Losing Together - New Year's Challenge

Hey there!! It's time for a new Challenge!! We all need a fresh start in the New Year!! So 2013!! Here's to a new year full of opportunities!!! Let's make the most of what we have and set some goals. Come one, come all!! Everyone's welcome!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
I am in for sure! 9 weeks until we leave for two weeks in Flordia and I know I have gained this month and I feel gross. Today is my first day back on plan, and I seem to be saying that way to often lately. What day are we going to use a weigh in day? I am giving myself a couple of days of eating on plan before I weigh in since today I am totally bloated and I know it won't be my real weight. Once I weigh in I am going to really work hard to get closer to my goal, I haven't been as strict in the last quarter of the year that I was in the beginning so I guess I need a new beginning. Lets do this!!! Going snowshoeing with DH right after work! I need to move more and eat less!!
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/145.8/135 (5'5', 61 yy)
WOE: 800 cals.
Start Date: 12/11/14
I'm in! I need to lose 15#, and I'm shooting for April 1. That should be doable, right?
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/141/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
I'm in too. I have 7 weeks till Florida and I have been off plan for about 50lbs worth now

My official start dat is 12/28 so my stats are ?? for now.

Here's hoping for a great year of health and happiness!!
Biochic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hi Joanne , nice name welcome to this thread and I think 15 by April is very doable. Hi Bio what would you like us to call you? You can do this, sounds like you have before. We all have and we know what to do its the getting it done part. I am restarting today after the last 3 days and I will weigh in Saturday morning and update my weight and go from there. You will be in Florida a couple of weeks before us and I know thats a good incentive for me right now. I think you will both enjoy this thread its a good bunch of girls and very very friendly! I find if I make sure to post everyday at least once I stay on track better! We can do it!!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Julie and Jo. I'm in! I need to get serious and quit messing around.

:welcome Joan and Bio
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb

Im in...will be back next thursday

just payed off both our credit cards ....doesnt that feel gooooood
going to pack..and rest night here

we have to do some rounds in the morning before handing over the phone
hope to be on the road by 10am and in America by 2..
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey there!! It's time for a new Challenge!! :
Julie thanks for the new thread

great new avi
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the Welcome!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone
I will add a signature once I'm permitted to do so but for now my name is Lisa and today I am at my highest weight ever! I need this challenge!! My initial goal wt is 150lbs. I have 7 weeks until I go to Florida. I'd like to be down 20lbs by then. That would be wonderful!!
Right now...today....I would like to get they day 1 of induction
Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

You can do it Cheryl we can all do it!!! One day at a time. Back in induction for me as thats the only way I can break the carb cravings. I know I will have a few days of feeling crappy but that too will pass. Julie thanks for starting up this new thread we all need each other to be accountable and to vent at times. What a great bunch and I love it when new people join us like Joanne and Lisa keeps things interesting, it so fun doing this as a group and the support is always just a click away. Great job on the credit cards Deb and safe travels, enjoy your vacation you deserve it. Everybody is welcome Joanne, but you just have to put up with our silliness from time to time. We all support each other no matter what your WOE is and I think we are more fun then most threads but thats ok as long as we know why were here and what our own goals are. 20 lbs is possible Lisa that is what I am hoping for in 9 weeks. I havent got weighed for awhile and I know I am back into the 180's but I will weigh in tomorrow and update my information. How tall are you? You will have to really stick with it to get to that 20lb goal but I can see you doing it!
Dh and the two boys and the dogs went snowshoeing with me after work yesterday. It was beautiful walking through the bush with all the snow. We were gone for an hour and a half and it was just what I needed. Came home and didn't eat induction but L/C had one of my Christmas Meat pies that I made for me with an almond flour crust , covered in turkey gravy that was L/C . But induction starts today and I can do this and need to and want to!!!!!!!!!!! Whooo Hoooo
Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.

Marking my Spot! And yes...I'm Freezing my behind off! It is nice to be Home.

Julie~ Thx for starting us up! Likey ur new Avi. A new Puppy?

JO~Enjoy the re-induction! Your snow shoeing sounded like Fun!

CJ~Enjoy your Tree & all this Xmas!

Deb~Have a FUN Trip!

Newbies! Joanne, Bio & Lisa!

I'm in the Feeling Bloated category too! Traveling always does that to me! Grrr!

Last edited by Rbenz; 12-28-2012 at 11:15 PM..
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Texas Cowgirl
Stats: 205/166/145
WOE: LowCal/Low Carb/H2O & Exercise
Start Date: 12/2003; 1/2006; 1/2008;1/2012
I'm in but Siiiiiick! Had a great Christmas and hope y'all did too. We spent it at our ds and ddil's ranch (near Seguin, for those who know Texas). Ddil, dgs, and her identical twin are stuck in the snow mess and power outage in Arkansas now. They went there to be with their dm and dsf. Had lots of trouble getting there -- finally had to abandon the car at the bottom of the last hill because they couldn't get up the icy hill. Parents were in the midst of moving into their new home when the storm hit. They have a whole home generator for it, but not all the furniture and clothing yet and how long can that generator keep going? On the + side, dgs is seeing lots of snow!

If I'm not around for a few days, I'm in bed trying to get over this cold & allergies. I'll make some resolutions and goals when my head is less fuzzy.

to the newbies and to those from the previous threads! Have a great weekend and Happy New Year!
Mini goal: 150 May 12
Actual goal: 140 - 145 Range

Texas Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dwambach
I am going to Cancun at the end of January so I want to lose 10 pounds by then and 40 by the end of 2013!
dwambach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
I'm back and ready for a nice fresh start. Really be off plan, mosting because of having to eat out because of traveling and it gets me every time. Haven't been on the scale in awhile afraid to see the damage. But going back on SB and getting things working again. Sounds like we're all having a fresh start. We'll do it together

Pat sounds like your back from Maui, how much snow do you come home too? We're on our 2nd big snow storm of the year today. I guess that's pretty good for us.

Jo snowshoeing sounds like fun as well as great exercise. I get tons of snow here, never tryed that. Sounds like something I'd love. You're little one in your avi is adoreable.

Lisa and Joan

Julie thanks for starting us out. Love your new Avi.

Deb have a fun trip. Congrats on the credit cards. Nice to do that at the being of the year.

Cheryl what's your plans for the new year?
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies

I'm not sure if we are officially starting no the first but I started on the 28th and I'm checking in to keep myself accountable.

Difficult day today- my mom is 88 and in an assisted living facility. My sisters have done nothing but complain about the move. Very stressful. Moms roommate is 99 and very confused. Mom is upset and I'm a mess. We have no choice really. She doesn't have enough $$ for a private room so a roommate is a necessary evil

I almost hit the supermarket on the way home to soothe my anxiety with food but I didn't do it. But how easy it was for that little voice to sneak into my brain and try to convince me

I reach for food when I feel bad. Physically or emotionally. Ugh!! I hate that but I am working on it.

Venting ....

Carry on

Goals for 2014

Remain food-sane 1 day at a time
Continue with yoga
Old 12-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Gallery: Cryssi
Stats: 316.0/316.0/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/23/14
May I join?

I plan on starting back hardcore on the 1st (just like the other 329482390 billion people in the world ) The last week or so has just been a half hearted attempt.

My first goal is to get to 299 (I am 325ish now) but I don't know what time frame to put on it.
Cryssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Lisa I'm really starting on the 1st but working my way into it all week, hoping to avoid all the cravings. I regained 10 lbs between Nov and Dec. and I was doing so good. SS about all the things you have to go through with your Mom I know it's hard. I just lost my Dad 5 days before Christmas. But good job on not hitting the supermarket I see your from NY are you getting all the snow the last few days. We got alot here.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Cryssi I'm offically starting on the 1st too.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry for your loss Misty! It is very difficult when your parents are no longer able to care for themselves. We moved mom in with us for the last 11 years but she fell and broke her arm and it is no longer safe for her to be home
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Well I weighed in and it wasn't my proudest moment! I gained 11.2 pounds since the first of Dec. Just goes to show how easy that is to do. I am back on plan now except a few drinks I will have tonight. I am going to turn this around and get back into the seventies then the sixties. Enough of this , I know how to do it and stress is not a good reason for going off plan. I have lots of ideas in my head and I will reach goal this year. Right now my short term goal is to drop 20 lbs by March 1st. It is possible since I expect the first 5 or more will be water weight. Nothing is going to get me off track thats almost scarey how fast I gained that back. I hope you all made out better then me in Dec ! Happy New years to you all and lets set our goals and stick with them we can do this. Sorry for your stresses Lisa but I am living proof that eating crap is not the answer. Get on plan and get moving even if its not alot and you will see the weight will come off. Misty we can do it we know we can, we know how and we know what works for us. It seems the last part of 2012 brought alot of sadness and stresses to many of us but now a New Year is about to begin and its our turn again!Cryssi of course you can join us are you new to the site and what WOE are you planning on following. I think you will find that you will drop the weight faster at the beginning but thats always fun. Pick and plan and stick with it. Dwambach a trip is good incentive for sure. Stick tight on your WOE and you can likely make that goal. Welcome to this thread some people are away or just getting back in the groove but its a great supportive thread and alot of fun here. Cowgirl that storm was awful and I hope they made out alright and you get yourself better we need you healthy! Pat welcome back to the cold and your seat has been waiting for you . ~Enjoy the re-induction! Your so funny and snowshoeing is fun and DH has been joining me. I am really enjoying it and it gets me moving. So as you can tell I am back and ready to fight for my health once again! Happy New Years to all of you!!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I would love to join this challege. I had to do a round of prednizone in December due to a middle ear infection and gained 7 lbs. I'm at a 10 year high of 172 and am starting induction today. I have a girls trip I'm going on in May and would like to be about 15 lbs lighter by then and 27 lbs lighter this year.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

To the thread Cathy and those are great goals you have posted. Sounds like a few of us have gained a bit of weight back and have trips in our future. The gain weight is but a trip in the winter is Its been alot of years since we went south in the winter and I want to feel my best and look the best I can for our trip. Incentive I call it! Seems like a few of us are being faced with," Enjoy the re-induction!" as Pat so nicely put it and so I won't feel alone as I get that crappy flu feeling, I sure do hate pouting alone
Old 12-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone and HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!

So far so good for me. Yoga this morning and treadmill. Spent the afternoon preparing induction friendly appetizers for a party tonight. Also threw together a crock pot lasagna. Found the recipe on line using zucchini and spinach. We'll see how that goes!
Glad to see so many people here!

Let's do this thing
Old 01-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year!

Stayed on plan yesterday and was rewarded with a gain of .8# hopefully water weight.

Are we going to post our beginning weights? Since I'm new on this thread wasn't sure about that!

I'm going to put mine out there for accountability.

1/1: 144.8 (goal - 130 by 4/1)
Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

start weight for 1/1: 185.2
Are we doing a weekly weigh-in?

Happy New Year everyone.

Today's goal is to put the Christmas decoration away and reclaim my home looks like Santa threw up in here!

I am ready with food for the remainder of the week. Back to work tomorrow which means up at the crack of dawn

Totally not looking forward to that.

On another thread, someone put their goals in their signature. I like that idea. Seeing them daily can be helpful. I'm following suit !

Last edited by Biochic; 01-01-2013 at 08:25 AM..
Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
More newbies. Yea!

I am getting back on track. Lost 20# last year and got so close to my goal. But I got discouraged when it quit working and went in to many directions trying to get that last 8 off. Threw it all to the wind and ended up gaining 10 back.
I'm going to slow on exercise and see what I can do without stirring up pain. I'm starting with Squats- they cover a lot of muscles. And triceps kick backs for my bat wings. I'm in a keep it simple and doable frame of mind.

BBL after I get caught up on what everyone has been up to
Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #28
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Gallery: Cryssi
Stats: 316.0/316.0/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/23/14
Morning!

I weighed this morning. Up 4lbs after only half committing the last 3 weeks. Not horrible, but don't want to keep going back up. I have been playing with the same 15lbs for like 3 years now

So far for breakfast today I had 15 black olives, 20 green olives and a diet Dr. Pepper. Lunch will likely be Linda Sue's Cauliflower Bisque and dinner is going to be pork roast and sauerkraut.

I am working really hard at just focusing on today for food and weight because I have soooo much to lose, it's overwhelming. I want to break it in chunks with my first goal of getting to 299 but I don't know what time frame to give myself. I tend to set unrealistic goals and expectations for myself (in everything, not just weight) and then when I can't meet them I get discouraged.

*~*A year from now you will wish that you started today.*~*

*~* A goal is a dream with a deadline. *~*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cryssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Welcome Newbies!

TC~Feeling all better yet? What a Trip 4 Family in AK!

Julie~Howzit?

Dbach~Is that U in your Avi? Wowzer...if it is! -10 by the end of Jan! Wow! Hope U can do that!

Misty~Good luck starting up SB again! +10...Oh,well. You'll get back on track! I gained some #'s while in Maui! Dang it! Cute Avi! I'd say we have about 4ft of the white stuff in the yard. How was the 2nd storm? I snow shoe. It's Good Exercise!

Bio~So Sorry about your Mom's Mess! I'd hate to have a confused roomie too! Hear ya on using food to soothe anxiety! I do Yoga too! I'm some what addicted to it. Cleanup all of Santa's Puke?

GJo~+11...will go quickly cuz you are sooo Determined & You know how it's Done! + The Snow Shoeing will help. Hey, & just Shivering in that cold will help you Lose! Still enjoying Re-induction?

Cat~A girls trip is a Good incentive to lose those #S!

Joann~Good Goal! How tall are you? Post weight anytime U want! I think Wed. would be a Good day 4 me.

CJ~+10 is better than +20! Be careful doing those squats. I have some friends who have screwed up their Knees doing squats.

Well, it's Dang Cold here! Thought about going skiing today and then that's as far as it got! Windy + Cold doesn't make a Good Ski Day in my Book! Did go to Yoga yesterday. Lots of peeps showed up. Most were Tourists and only a few of us locals.
Had a peaceful NYE. Broiled up Lobster tails, steamed asparagus, Baked Taters (yup...CARBS) & popped a cork of Champain w/DH. Danced a bit & then it was ZZZ time for me.
Cooking up a pot of Black Eyed Peas for Good Luck in 2013! It's a Southern thang. Yeah...I know...CARBS! Oh, well....
So...how is Wed Weigh in Day for Everyone?

Last edited by Rbenz; 01-01-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Joann~Good Goal! How tall are you? Post weight anytime U want! I think Wed. would be a Good day 4 me.
5'5" I figure 5# a month is doable!

Wednesday weighin works for me!