Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Jo amd Bio Way to go!

At LH. No heat. Working on it.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #92
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Debs teasing because some parts of Canada are actually warm, like where she is and very cold where I am. We don't all live in Igloo's in fact hers would melt mine would be just fine as well as the sled dogs!!

ya but you wouldnt beleive how many ....you know who's.......

think we are all with dog and igloo

gotta love it

Jo.. on the kids
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #93
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post

At LH. No heat. Working on it.

i would lend you my snuggy

does LD have a coat?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/138/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post

ya but you wouldnt beleive how many ....you know who's.......

think we are all with dog and igloo

gotta love it

Jo.. on the kids
Who thinks Canadians live in igloos or anyone else for that matter
I've never meet anyone that misinformed...
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Well scale is moving down very very slowly, actually by the ounce. But it's moving. Staying right on plan and not giving in. Going out for chinese tonight with friends and the darn sodium get me everytime so pounding down extra water today.

Cathy wtg 2.2 is great. Slow and steady is my plan too.

Jo wtg on the 5 lbs I think 15 by March is great. And with all you snowshoeing your get great body workout. I bet the boys are so excited for the florida vacation. It's very very cold here during the winter. I live up in the Berkshire Mts. we get so much snow because of the high elevation. I go down to see my sons and it like a different world down there and it's only a little over an hour away.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Jo- where is Florida are you going? We have a place on Marco Island. I cannot wait to go!!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We have heat!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
Cheryl hope you get that heat working burrrrrrr and thanks I was happy this morning when I got on the scale although I know its pretty much all water weight this week.Do you want to borrow my parka and snow pants. Lisa we are going toOrlando to Disney for a week then we rented a condo on the beach in Sarasota for the next week. Its funny but we do get questions there are lots of people that are not sure what its like in Canada. There are even shows about it on tv and you should hear some of the answers but we all know thats not everyone or even the majority but its fun to joke about. We are a odd bunch in alot of ways! I have indeed been inside a igloo, use to live in the NWT's and dog sled up there are a way of life. Just like ice roads and getting excited for freeze up and break up are apart of my life. I live in a remote island in the north even for Canada but it keeps life interesting. My oldest son flys into NY and my middle one wants to go there so bad. So I expect that will happen one day Misty I believe as long as the scale is moving down no matter what speed instead of up its a good thing If you can stay on plan and eat chinese wowwww I am impressed We dont have chinese here so its no temptation unless I am away. But I love it and its a downfall for me when I am around it. Stay strong you can do it!! Water water water
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Lisa I just noticed we are at almost the same weight and with the same goal! Cool we can do this
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

My nephew lived in Alaska for four years!! The sun came up for 45 minutes a day needless to say we did not visit I'd like to see Alaska one day... In July... From the deck of a cruise ship
Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Jo we have friends that have a cottage across the lake from us and they used to like in Canada, they still have a home there and go often. Not sure of the town gonna have to find out. I know it near the water. But once our lake is totally frozen solid the come up and taught up the sport of Curling. They paint the ice and everything. I love it. I guess it a big sport in Canada.

Lisa yikes I never make it with only 45 min of sunshine. Glumes ville. I'd be so depressed. but they say it beautiful there certain times of the year. Yes the name makes me think COLD
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #102
Deb

steaks on the new grill anyone?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl WTG on getting heat! You could of made a bonfire Lisa we lived in a place once that on Dec 21 it was dark all day and on June 21st it was light all day. Confuses the mind but thats an easy thing for me My dad went on that cruise last year and the pictures were beautiful! Misty curling is a blast, my parents were avid curlers..and golfers. What fun to play it outside , never thought of that but your right its very Canadian. Wonder where your friends are from were are from Nova Scotia , in a little lobster fishing village. I know that the Northern states can get just as cold as Canada sometimes even colder! Deb steaks sound good but its porkchops and salad with homemade radish dressing for this girl . Then movie night with my guys! My favorite Saturday nights
Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #104
Deb

LOVE me new grill !!!!

off to do some shopping...bought a meat slicer thats crap so return and get a new better one

then off to meat draw

maybe win something to grill

im feeling like a big ol burger
Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sooz
Stats: 171.8/157.9/145 (5'6")
WOE: LC/IF
Start Date: Over and over and over
Hi Everyone and Happy New Year! Looks like we have a few new faces here which is AWESOME!

Welcome Lisa, Joanne, Cryssi, Cathy and Mary! This is a great place to get support, chat and make new friends!

Deb, Cheryl, Pat, Misty, Jo, Julie and TC.... I've missed you!

Things have been crazy here as usual. Grand-twins and DH were sick over the holidays but so far I've avoided it. DH is officially retired and my company got bought out on 12/21 so I now work for a new big company called Simpson Strong-Tie.

We found out some really bad news about DS and DIL's baby girl due on 5/11. Haven't sorted it all out yet but it's been very difficult and we know there are some real issues for her. They are still in Norway with her family for the holidays but will be back this week.

Sounds like a lots of traveling planned! We hare headed back to Puerto Vallarta for 2 weeks April 13 - 27! At least I hope we are.... with the new company I started with zero vacation... :-( The other company paid me out for 128 hours but I'd rather have the PTO!

I started a "Biggest Loser" competition with one of my dear friends on 1/2. I weighed in at 153.7!! Gotta get back on track!

We can do this!!! NEGU ladies!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I NEGU! Do you?
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb wtg on the new grill, did you find the one like the picture? I use mine all winter and then even in the summer if it's raining. Love it. Hope you win at the meat draw. Don't forget BL starts tonight.

Sooz we missed you. SS on the news for DIL and the baby. Hope it all works out and things work out with good news. I'm so glad that it's the beginning of a new year. I had enough bad things last year. Plus didn't know if I told you but my Dad passed away a few days before Christmas which did make for happy holidays. Wtg on DH retiring and your new job. At least the paid you for your vacation time but your right it would of been nice if they transfered it over.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Misty! It was a difficult 2012 for my family too. DD losing custody of our grandson, DH had his stroke and brain aneurysm, and now this with the baby. I did see that your beloved Dad passed an offered my condolences one of the times I popped in but I'm sure that you were busy during that time! I am so sorry for your loss which must be especially difficult during the holidays. I've thought about you often over the holidays and hope 2013 is a much better year!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Texas Cowgirl
Stats: 205/166/145
WOE: LowCal/Low Carb/H2O & Exercise
Start Date: 12/2003; 1/2006; 1/2008;1/2012
y'all! We're back from a bit of travelling -- not far, but just out of Net connection for a few days. Sooz, for your family and the baby.

Tired out tonight -- early bed and back to the workout routine tomorrow -- plus a great massage after the workout! Inspiring way to get the New Year started!
Texas Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Deb glad you love your new grill and I am betting you will get lots of use out of it, what kind did you buy? Did you win at the meat draw?Sooz welcome back and prays for the unborn baby. You had such a tough 2012 and deserved a much better 2013. Hopefully things will turn around for you. You have been missed around here. No fun getting holidays paid out I much rather have them to take. You will get your weight back done we all know you can do it. I started in on another 8 week challenge yesterday. It ends the weekend we leave for Florida so perfect. Hoping to drop 15 lbs by then. Misty we can do this were a strong group of amazing women. Cowgirl getting back into routine is the best thing we can do for ourselves. I was exhausted last night too but that was after one hour of yoga in the morning and two hours of snowshoeing in the afternoon. Overall it was a fun day! If I didn't have to work I would have time to do this everyday A massage will be nice for you, my muscles were yelling at me last night telling me I pushed them to hard! Love that feeling.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Nice sunny brisk day today so already went for a nice long walk with my dog Rocco. Making corned beef and cabbage for dinner. Haven't had that in a long time.

Sooz yup we're going to go for a great 2013. New year new views.

Tex hope your got all rested up last night, I'm sure you at the gym and enjoying massage.

Deb did you win any meat?

Jo love your pic with the snowshoes, do you follow a trail? Last year I did alot of cross county skiing with a friend and it was great exercise for my legs. But I don't have the skis I used hers. I'm hoping she comes back up alot this winter too.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone and thanks for the thoughts on the baby. We know for sure that she is missing the bone in her lower left arm and has no thumb on her left hand. Often there are other very scary issues that go with it. The very least she will have to have her first surgery almost immediately after she is born and at around 2 years of age they will move her pinky to be her thumb. And that's only if she doesn't end up with some of the other often unsurvivable issue. All we can do as a family at this point is pray that we can handle whatever comes our way!

Here's to a BETTER 2013 for everyone!!

TC: Glad you are feeling better! Sleep is a good thing when you're getting over being sick. And a massage is ALWAYS a good thing!

Jo: Florida will be awesome! You'll for sure have those 15 lbs gone by the time you leave! And you are so right about no vacation time.... UGH!

Cheryl: Glad you have heat back! It's cooooolllllddddd right now!

Deb: How was Bellingham? I'll bet you had a blast! What is your new grill like? on your son! You are a great Momma and he is off pursuing the dreams you raised him to follow! It'll be a great reunion when you see him!

Lisa: You are off to a GREAT start for the new year! I have heard a lot about Marco Island but have never been. It must be beautiful! That "binge free" goal is a good one! I think I'll steal it!

Cathy: how did your beach body workout go? Good DH is doing it with you. Slow and steady is good. I too always lose my weight fast and then stop coming to LCF and then..... well I come back with all of my weight gained every time!

Cryssi: 6 lbs is a great start! I know it feels like you are far off from goal, but I promise that time will go by fast and soon you won't feel like it is such a big climb! Your boys are adorable!

Mary: on the cliche thing! But cliche or not, starting is the important thing! Your son sounds awesome! Busy season is definitely an easy time to eat the wrong things for me! I find I justs have to be very prepared with all of the right foods!

Pat: Hope you've adjusted to the weather change! Your NYE sounded lovely!

Julie: Thinking about next January.... You are such a great planner! I have trouble thinking about next month! But if I really think about my health goals would be the same as yours. Solidly in the 140's and more active. With DH retired we are hoping to start walking again every day!

Misty: Cheers to New Year New Views! I love Rocco's picture. Is it cold there for your walks?

Okay.... back to work for me! Are we weighing in on Wednesday? You girls are an important part of my success so I need to come here more! to all!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bsyqnb
Stats: 194/190/124
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Thanks, Sooz! I am down to 190.0 and looking forward to moving that scale into the "80s". How do I get one of those tickers? That is very cool!
bsyqnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Mary here is how you add a ticker,Instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature (pictures included!) haven't done it in awhile so I had to check it out myself again. Misty yes we have trails everywhere that have been cut for skidoo to follow so the guys up here can go cut firewood for their stoves. You can follow them for miles and its beautiful. I haven't cross country skied for years but I love shoeshoeing. Its snowing out now so fresh snow!! Sooz I hope you are right I do intend to work on it big time and I agree the trip should be a blast. So sorry to hear about the baby, I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #114
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bsyqnb
Stats: 194/190/124
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Yer awesome, Grandma Jo! Thanks!
bsyqnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #115
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Deb wtg on the new grill, did you find the one like the picture?.
YES YES
no meat

Jo................

we bought the indoor hamilton beach with the removable grittles...easy clean

and you can flip it for a smooth grill surface

SOOZ is here

we missed you Sooz

Last edited by Deb; 01-07-2013 at 04:06 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #116
Deb

I love everyone new avi`s
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Checking in.... doing really well with my plan. I have the whole family eating healthier and DH is being a real good sport about it. The Beach Body workout kicked my but- or rather my thighs. I can hardly walk today but I know that it will get easier with time. I was down another .8 lbs this morning but my official weigh in is on Friday so we will see how it goes. TOM is due in a day or 2 and my feet and fingers are swollen today.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Texas Cowgirl
Stats: 205/166/145
WOE: LowCal/Low Carb/H2O & Exercise
Start Date: 12/2003; 1/2006; 1/2008;1/2012
all!

Yep, I had a fantastic day today at the healthcenter! I did Pilates, walked on the indoor track, rode stationary bike, recumbent bike and recumbent stepper with friends, had a lowcal/carb lunch, hottubbed, dry saunaed, and then had my massage! Woo-hoo!

Pilates instructor asked me to be one of her students demonstrating Pilates at the local megasupermarket Saturday morning -- they are having a "health fair" and are scheduling different exercise class demos all day, and they will present each participant with a gift card! Those of us who said we would do it laid down a few ground rules -- no Dead Bug or Happy Baby positions! You know, the ones with our, um, private parts elevated and our legs spread!

We are in the watch area for several days of storms. They are saying up to 4-6 inches of rain for us. Bring it on!

Waiting for the storm...
Mini goal: 150 May 12
Actual goal: 140 - 145 Range

Texas Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #119
Deb

TC....oh yours is rain coming in and ours is snow
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're supposed to get rain too. But only 1-2".