Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/145.8/135 (5'5', 61 yy)
WOE: 800 cals.
Start Date: 12/11/14
Quote:
Joann~Good Goal! How tall are you? Post weight anytime U want! I think Wed. would be a Good day 4 me.
5'5" I figure 5# a month is doable!

Wednesday weigh-in works for me!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
I hope you all had a great New Years and lets start 2013 off right! I spent yesterday snowshoeing in the bush with DH for two hours. It was freezing at -28C (-18F) but it was warmer in the bush. It was a great feeling to be out and moving! I ate right on plan for the past couple of days other then some wine and I feel much better now. I will weigh in on Saturday and see how my first week went. I think I am back in Ketosis, I can tell by how smooth my teeth are, weird I know but it works for me. Lisa great idea with the induction friendly appetizers , I did the same thing yesterday in fact thats what I ate for supper we got our decorations down expect the tree and it feels sooooo unclutter now. Back to work for me today also at the crack of dawn, I start at 7 am Joanne I am sure that gain is just water stick with it and you will lose. Cheryl you know you can do this , we know how and getting in some exercise does help. I find when I am being lazy is when I make bad choices. We are going to have a fun 2013 my friend and we are going to lose the weight Cryssi don't let the amount get you down, we can only do this one day at a time. You will see 299 before you know it. I remember my excitement of seeing 199, its possible. Stay on plan and just say NO to the foods you arent going to eat. We are here for support and we are a great cheering Squad! You can do this , we all can!!! We will have days that we feel like but we will have more days that we feel like Pat you always bring so much sunshine to this thread, glad you are back and on track. I should be losing weight through shivering we hit -40C or F this morning . Funny at -40 they are the same Coffee got a little cold walking to work but its all good!I need to get back at yoga and I think today is the perfect day for that. DH got me some new yoga clothes for Christmas and I haven't even tried them on but that is my goal for today now! Yoga!! Good for the heart, mind and soul!Of course I am still enjoying Re-induction? Joanne five pounds a month is doable and we are the same height Hope your all having a good day and Deb hope you enjoying your well deserved vacation.
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

I need to be like Deb and write one liners then I could have a 1000 post too!!:
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

My new mini goal its to get to 165 by March, its doable if I behave!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Today was my first day back to work after being off for 11 days and boy am I sleepy. To make matters worse, when I left this morning it was only 25 degrees. Brrrrr.

Weighed in today and lost 1.8 lbs in the first 2 days. The first weeks losses are the best. My plan this new year is not to try and rush things. I am going to take it slow and just learn to make a lifestyle change. My problems in the past was I would plan jump all over the place. This time I picked a plan and I'm going to give it six months before I will even think about weather it's working or not. I'm not going to do Atkins but a lower carb lower fat plan and I'm going to start exercising at least 5 days a week. Even if it's just a 30 minute walk, I have to get myself up and moving.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

I agree Cathy the first week or two are the fun part as weigh normally comes off quickly. I agree about sticking to a plan although for some people changing the plan does work. I follow Lc and high fat and know I would have trouble with low fat. We are all different and we all have to find the WOE that works for us. Cold here today too! Before I started a year and a half ago I never exercised but I feel so much better when I do. WTG on that first 1.8 lbs , every single pound counts
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #37
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Happy New Year everyone
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Made it to the gym this morning. Got called into work or I probably wouldn't of gotten there that early. It was only 2 degrees this morning. Not happy with my 10 lb gain over the holidays, so going to work extra hard and no cheats to get the weight loss rolling again. So glad to see so many joining, I think it really helps to keep us all accountable and I see we all have different plans. I few months ago I switched from Atkins to South Beach.

Deb welcome back, hope you had a great trip.

Pat your New Years Eve sounded great, we had a nice quiet night too. Yup it cold here today too 2 this am and going to be -7 by tomorrow morning.

Cathy I agree the first weeks losses are the best but keeps me motivated to go on. I always did Atkins and lost my original weight before I regained. But this time I gave it a try again and it wasn't working much at all so I'm on South Beach but a lower carb version.

1-1 135.6

Last edited by misty1028; 01-02-2013 at 03:13 PM..
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/138/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
Day 6
Returned to work today. Ate on plan and went to the gym after work. Having my food ready to go is a big help

Btw: the crock pot lasagna is delicious!! Found the recipe online at the lighter side.
Hope everyone had a successful day

Good job hitting the gym Misty!

I'm on day 6 and have lost 8 lbs already. I'll change my stats after a week but you're right... Great motivator

Last edited by Biochic; 01-02-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Lisa fantastic on the 8 lbs. Going to have to look up that recipe. I look at the Lighter Side alot. Do you ever go on Linda's low carb recipe site. I make alot on there too.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Texas Cowgirl
Stats: 205/166/145
WOE: LowCal/Low Carb/H2O & Exercise
Start Date: 12/2003; 1/2006; 1/2008;1/2012
y'all! I'm still dragging around, but getting better from my cold and bronchitis. And Hi Cathy! we have the same stats, 205/166/145. I need to change my profile stats -- blew that 152.5 back in Sept on vacay and have been going up ever since! Time to turn that around!

Jo, you're amazing. 40F here and we think we are dying of the cold!

Rbenz, we're hearing more about ddil, dgs and ddil's twin and their Arkansas trip -- they had to help their dsf and dm backpack frozen meat from the freezer in the old house at the top of the hill down to the car (icy road, couldn't drive up there) and make more trips until they filled the car and took the meat to the new house where dsf had a whole house generator. They coulda used Jo's snowshoes or skidoos!

Stay warm, y'all!
Mini goal: 150 May 12
Actual goal: 140 - 145 Range

Texas Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Lisa fantastic on the 8 lbs. Going to have to look up that recipe. I look at the Lighter Side alot. Do you ever go on Linda's low carb recipe site. I make alot on there too.
Yes!! Love Linda Sue!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
I'm off for the rest of week It is still cold here but not G Jo cold.We will take off for the lake place Friday. We have the walls up and started painting the living room and kitchen. New ceiling and floors and we can put the furniture back in

Bio-great weight loss

TC sorry you are still dragging

Misty I need some help with SB Rocco looks good in your Avi

Deb Happy new year too! Hows treadmilling going?

G Jo . I have trouble with low fat too. You behave?? Wow its cold up there. We lived in North Dakota for a year. Got cold. I didn;t like it. I guess it's a good thing you do!

Cathy sounds like you are off to good start

Joanne 5# a month is my goal too

Pat from the tropics to cold and snow Brrr. Can you ski with your Knee?

Cryssi Breaking it down to 5-10# intervals helps. Hang in there. you're still finding you way.

Julie hope you are feeling better
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #44
Deb

On my way to do my rounds...

just got back from the ymca..5k tread run done !

catch up later..hope everyone has a great healthy day
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Happy New Years Deb, hope this is a great year for all of us and hope your having a blast!Missy way to go getting yourself to the gym, I am hoping since we gained these lbs fast they will leave us fast! Lisa 8 lbs is remarkable and good job on getting to the gym as well. You are doing great! Texas glad you are starting to feel better, bronchitis really does give a persons body a kicking. You will be back to yourself before you know it. I am thinking both the skiddo and sled and snowshoes would of come in handy for the kids. Glad they were all ok and it will be a funny memory in the future, betcha! Cheryl have fun getting the lakehouse back to normal I am sure you will be happy when its all done. Enjoy your days off you deserve them, I am already ready for my March vacation. I am hungry when I eat low fat and can't stick to it. I think we all have to make our own choices in our WOE and stick with it. It will be interesting with all the different WOE's to see how everyone does. And for the record I always behave!!
My scales are saying they are moving but I will report on Saturday. I am such a believer in only recording my weight once a week as it changes daily sometimes up and down.
Have a great day out there and make your own right choices
Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Deb I guess you are back ,though you were gone longer. Sounds like a good run, have yourself a healthy day as well.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi guys!

new challengers!! Glad you're here!!

I'll do personals later. Posting from my iPad, which I hate to type on.

I'm back on Atkins induction too. I'm up to 157! I was all he way down to 143 last year, but will be content to get back to 147-148. Hopefully soon! Sigh. I gain so quickly and easily!

You all sound good. I'm feeling better, now that the Christmas tree is gone. My MIL is here visiting, which is slowing my return to exercise. A bad excuse, I know, but a hiccup to be sure. Walking a bit, need to ramp it up though!

We are off to a good start! Slow and steady wins the race. Next Jan where do you want o be? What are your goals?

I'd like to be solidly in the 140's and active and fit(more so than I am now!).
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
And thanks for your sweet compliments on my avi pic! you're so kind!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #49
Deb

Jo i wish we had more time off..yes back..6 days flies by

Cheryl i hate tread..BUT if the weather is bad i dont have a excuse

Julie that is a nice avi !!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #50
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochic View Post
Yes!! Love Linda Sue!!

agree..and i check for updates almost every day
Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm testing the water on exercise. Trying to do just a couple and see how my body puts up with it. Right hip had a toothache yesterday after doing squats but it is ok today. I'm doing just squats with no weight and triceps.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #52
Deb

Good for you Cheryl...and testing the waters is a good idea

Biggest Loser starts sunday

anyone watching?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I will. I read they will have kids this time. Jillian's team. And they can't be voted off
Old 01-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

I've never watched biggest loser I must be the only person in America

Gym today. Starting out slow. I do a walk incline run thing for 40 minutes. My goal is to get up to a full mile run and build from there. I was never able to run for long periods of time even when I was young and in shape. The best I ever did was a 10 k race. I finished but time was ridiculous!! Now 25 years later I'm still trying to get this run thing down.

This day 7 of induction for me 1 week down and lived to tell the story

Kutgw everyone. And btw - how do you all remember what everyone writes? I would love to write personals but I not sure how you all keep track of everyone

Goals for 2014

Remain food-sane 1 day at a time
Continue with yoga
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I've never watched biggest loser I must be the only person in America

Gym today. Starting out slow. I do a walk incline run thing for 40 minutes. My goal is to get up to a full mile run and build from there. I was never able to run for long periods of time even when I was young and in shape. The best I ever did was a 10 k race. I finished but time was ridiculous!! Now 25 years later I'm still trying to get this run thing down.

This day 7 of induction for me 1 week down and lived to tell the story

Kutgw everyone. And btw - how do you all remember what everyone writes? I would love to write personals but I not sure how you all keep track of everyone
For me- a lot of the posts are right below where you write your post. I just scroll back and forth. Or rather up and down
Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Tex glad your starting to feel better. Wow that's alot to have to move in all that ice. Glad no one feel. Did they there furniture moved too.

Cheryl no work for me either, all next week off. Sounds like you got you house almost done. We just spung a leak in our roof, so now it the spring we have to paint the ceiling, so I figure I'll just paint the whole little cottage, it really need it. Not many walls all windows so after the ceilings it should go fast. It really cold here too, it was -4 this morning and the lake is frozen solid.

Jo I hoping we get the gain off fast too. Been drinking plenty of water and that usually helps. Where you going on vacation, somewhere warm I hope. Sounds like we're the only ones getting the fridged cold weather.

Julie I'm up too, did really good the beginning of Nov. 124 now back up to 135. And I promised myself I wouldn't let that happen, but oh well back on plan since the 1st. I'll do it again for sure. You had a good excuse, you went on a wonderful enjoyable vacation, so you'll get it back off.

Deb yup I watch BL and am so glad that Jillian is back, she's great.

Lisa wtg 7 days and going strong. 3 days for me but no cheats and the cravings are starting to end. What I do is going on the thread and then shrink it down to my tool bar and the I go back a find the thread and click on the page before and read and then go back and post, don't know if that makes any sense.

Last edited by misty1028; 01-03-2013 at 05:05 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Moms been having problems with the new house. We have power surges and outages as they continue to fix the tornado damage. Also building new substations to expand and or replace the ones blown away. She walks into the kitchen and sees black smoke billowing out the bottom of the microwave. It really fried it good. Got the new washer too. And maybe her alarm system. She called the builder because a lot of things weren't working. They came out and flipped some breakers off then on and almost everything came back. While he was there she mentioned she had been waiting several weeks for them to come fix cracks etc. so he showed up bright and early today to fix all the other problems. Someone told her to call the electric company and file for reimbursement for the appliances. She did and they came out and filled out paperwork. We will see. This stuff is only 6 months old. We have been having a lot of this the past couple months. Good thing we all have generaters.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #58
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
I will. I read they will have kids this time. Jillian's team. And they can't be voted off

kids that cant be voted off

not sure about that

and Jillian and the other trainers are on Oz tomorrow

im excited Jillian is back

hope its Allison for host?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #59
Deb

Quote:
I do a walk incline run thing for 40 minutes. My goal is to get up to a full mile run and build from there. :
couch 25k is a great program

i have done it twice..once on tread and once outside and i havent stopped running since
Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
couch 25k is a great program

i have done it twice..once on tread and once outside and i havent stopped running since
I may take a look at that. A few people have suggested that but I'm resistant. Not sure why.