Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   Rockin' Valentine's Day with JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/792096-rockin-valentines-day-juddd.html)

svenskamae 12-26-2012 03:38 PM

Rockin' Valentine's Day with JUDDD

Welcome, JUDDD Buddies, to a new challenge thread for people doing JUDDD, to last up to Valentine's Day. Anyone new or experienced doing JUDDD, any way, is encouraged to participate. As you probably already know, the relaxing, rejoicing, and rotating JUDDDers couldn't be nicer or more supportive, so I'm looking forward to doing this challenge with them.

Please jump in and let us know your goals for this challenge. :welcome:

My goal is to do my best to keep to my JUDDD rotations (500 calories or less on down days, 1500-2000 calories on up days), every day AND to do resistence and toning exercise several times a week. I have more control over what I do than I do over how fast I lose, so that's how I frame my goals, but do whatever works for you. I also do a low carb/moderate protein/high fat version of JUDDD, but any way that works for you is fine.

I hope to see the great people from the "End of the World Challenge" here and to meet new people as well.

mom23kids 12-26-2012 04:14 PM

I'm in :)

I'd love to start working on adding some definition to my stomach, by doing crunches 5 days a week :) And I'm hoping by February 14 to be down another jean size. I just bought some size 10 jeans a few days ago, but I'd love to wear a size 8 jeans on Valentines Day :D

SlimNana 12-26-2012 04:49 PM

Thanks for starting this JUDDD challenge! I recently restarted on Dec. 10th, after 3 mos. recuperating from a hip replacement. My goal weight by Valentine's Day is 140 lbs.

(DDs on M-W-F 500 max / UDs on T-TH-S 1500 max / MDs on Sun. 1000 max. 5 days weekly exercise 30 min. on recumbent bike or elliptical.)

Best wishes for continued progress!
:high5:

Low Carb Librarian 12-26-2012 04:55 PM

Hmm... I thought the world WOULD end so I started eating everything in sight!:hyst:

I really need to get back on track.

It would be nice to be in the low 160's or high 150's for Valentine's Day.

DesertGurl 12-26-2012 05:02 PM

Marking my spot! :)

Need to think about goals for this challenge......

zagnut 12-26-2012 05:12 PM

Thank you Sven for the challenge! I'm in and ready to go.

My goal is to be AT goal or below by V-day, Keeping rotations as accurate as possible.
Also...3 days a week at least on the treadmill. I won't set a time limit for each session yet, I just need to concentrate on clearing the dust off of it and turning it on first :)

svenskamae 12-26-2012 05:12 PM

:welcome:, mom23kids, Slimnana, Low Carb Librarian, and Desert Gurl. :hiya: I'm looking forward to hearing from you over the next 6 weeks or so. Those sound like very reasonable goals, and I hope everyone enjoys great success. From what I've seen on the JUDDD board, this should be a very mellow and supportive and wise group. :)

svenskamae 12-26-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zagnut (Post 16154214)
Thank you Sven for the challenge! I'm in and ready to go.

My goal is to be AT goal or below by V-day, Keeping rotations as accurate as possible.
Also...3 days a week at least on the treadmill. I won't set a time limit for each session yet, I just need to concentrate on clearing the dust off of it and turning it on first :)

Hi, zagnut, it's great to see you here, too. :D Those sound like great goals!

For those of us with exercise-related goals, what do you think are the biggest challenges to doing the exercise, and how do you plan to get past them?

I picked a DVD exercise routine (Jane Fonda Prime Time) that is fairly easy, so that I wouldn't feel like a failure every time I do it. Now I have to get into the habit of doing it more than occasionally--either before I go to work, or, if that can't be managed, when I get home from work. I actually feel good after I do those workouts, and they don't take long, so I ought to "just do it" practically every day. I'll try to use this group to stay more accountable on that, and try to make a habit of exercising. Supposedly a habit can get very entrenched in anywhere from 18 days up to 254 days, with 66 days the average, so I've got time in this challenge to make working out reasonably "habitual." :up:

Crazy PreK Teacher 12-26-2012 05:26 PM

My goal is to be at 168 & maintaining W/I 2 lbs.

Also, to start back at the YMCA!!! I need to build up endurance & TONE-UP!!!

svenskamae 12-26-2012 05:31 PM

:welcome:, Crazy PreK Teacher! Thanks for joining us.

What sort of thing do you like to do at the Y? Do you plan to take a class, use the machines, swim, or something else, or are you still deciding about that? A friend of mine has been working with a personal trainer through the YWCA, and she says she works out much harder when someone is telling her what to do and watching what she does. :laugh:

TryingJudd 12-26-2012 05:47 PM

I'm in! Thanks Svenskamae for starting this challenge. I have to think about my goals and will come back with clear goals soon!

svenskamae 12-26-2012 05:54 PM

:welcome:, TryingJudd. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and hearing your goals when you have them worked out. Thanks for joining us! :up:

melanie09 12-26-2012 07:38 PM

Yay, I'm so excited! I've been looking for a new challenge to start and this one looks GREAT, so I'd love to join!

Let's see as of tomorrow there's 7 weeks until Valentines so my goals are..

1. Weight....184. That's < 1.5 lbs a week loss, which should be manageable. I will officially weigh in for the challenge tomorrow 12/27, and weigh in here every week after that. After DD's so every 6 or 8 days...

2. Also I'd like to be completely into all my size 14 jeans... I only have 1 pair right now that I can squeeze into.. lol! It takes me forever to drop a jean size, ugh...

3. Oh and I'd like to always be working out a minimum of 3 times a week! Though that won't start for another week or so. I have a membership to a fitness center, but my hubby is out of town right now and with school being out I don't have anyone to watch my 2 boys. Normally I go real quick after work and then go back and pick them up, since I work at their school... I did win a 3 month family membership to the same center in a silent auction and need to bring that in. If I can have that started for January I can use their childcare for my kids and go whenever I want and then even try some of the group classes! I'm excited...! :)

Low Carb Librarian 12-26-2012 07:43 PM

Agh! Thought I was starting back today... Did well until I came home...
:(

Should have just gone to bed, but I wanted to stay up with my kids for a bit.

Before I got home all I had was a 100 cal yogurt.
Now, 41 min after arrival at home I have had:
Spagetti
Garlic bagel chips
Fudge
And an apple
:(

Yvonnem2000 12-26-2012 09:04 PM

I'm in! Thanks for doing this. Today was my first up day but back on low carb after three days of overeating and huge weight gain. It feels really good to be back. My goal this first week is to track my calories every day. I started JUDDD about a month ago but I was only tracking on down days.

Sorry to hear you've had a rough night, Low Cafb Librarian.

JKat 12-27-2012 02:22 AM

Hi everyone

I would love to join. I went back to Juddd before Xmas and will be trying the potato diet with my rotations.

I will post back with my goals. I need to think and make sure I am realistic!!

wildflower 12-27-2012 05:03 AM

I need this so bad. I have all the dvd's, membership to the Y -- now just need to do it. SO,

1. Minimum of 30 minutes of home exercise a day (combo of dvd's, jogging the dogs(weather permitting)-- or the Y fitness center to work on the machines!!!

2. Two days a week, water aerobics. Both classes are scheduled and paid for. One is an intense deep/shallow water for 60 minutes including resistance and the other is called Energized Pi-Yo-Chi. A combination class of pilates, yoga and Al-Chi.

sunday 12-27-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16154185)
Hmm... I thought the world WOULD end so I started eating everything in sight!:hyst:

I really need to get back on track.

It would be nice to be in the low 160's or high 150's for Valentine's Day.

:lol: I definitely went over on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.

So good to see all of you doing the challenge! :high5:

Goals~

1. Regular resistance training (Kettlebells).
2. Fully follow/incorporate the Perfect Health Diet into my JUDDD daily life.
3. Shed 1.5 lbs per week.
4. Try to spend more time outside.
5. Love to add some HIIT. :p

More important than weight for me is to get back into a regular weekly resistance training and exercise routine. I love Kettlebells and have recently been adding them in, Callanetics, Rebounding & Walking. Walking the dogs is the only routine that I have been faithful to. :o

Oh, and to have my thyroid, hormones, & addrenals tested in January.

mom23kids 12-27-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svenskamae (Post 16154222)
Hi, zagnut, it's great to see you here, too. :D Those sound like great goals!

For those of us with exercise-related goals, what do you think are the biggest challenges to doing the exercise, and how do you plan to get past them?

I picked a DVD exercise routine (Jane Fonda Prime Time) that is fairly easy, so that I wouldn't feel like a failure every time I do it. Now I have to get into the habit of doing it more than occasionally--either before I go to work, or, if that can't be managed, when I get home from work. I actually feel good after I do those workouts, and they don't take long, so I ought to "just do it" practically every day. I'll try to use this group to stay more accountable on that, and try to make a habit of exercising. Supposedly a habit can get very entrenched in anywhere from 18 days up to 254 days, with 66 days the average, so I've got time in this challenge to make working out reasonably "habitual." :up:

Making toning/exercising a habit is going to be the big challenge for me, since right now I don't do anything and I don't have the mindset to work out. I'm hoping by Valentines Day I'll have done ab exercises 5 times a week and it will have become a habit :) Then I can start adding arm and leg toning exercises! I think I'll designate the time right after I drop my kids off to school, to do my toning. Drop them off, come home and crunch, crunch, crunch :laugh:

SlimNana 12-27-2012 05:48 AM

:welcome::shake: I'm looking forward to getting better acquainted with all you JUDDD BUDDDs!

Starting today, my weekly weigh in day will be on Thurs. after a DD

V'Day Goal : 2/14 ~ 140

Day 1 : 12/27 ~ 150

:heart:Ann

zagnut 12-27-2012 06:21 AM

You guys have some great goals! I'm excited to learn more from all of you about JUDDD as well, since I'm fairly new to it.
I also have the problem with exercise making it a habit. I feel so great after a workout but never stick with it. So if the average is 66 days to have a habit, then I'll work for it :)
I shoveled snow yesterday, does that count as 1 LOL

Lee55 12-27-2012 06:29 AM

I'm in...... but won't be able to start until January 1. I will post my goals after I give it some thought. Thanks for this challenge, just what I need to start the new year.

lynne2u 12-27-2012 06:40 AM

Good morning everyone!! It's good to be back!!

My holiday season was pretty carb-centric, and it stopped being fun at some point. I've discovered that carb addiction monster inside me is still alive and kicking.:laugh:

Back to low-to-moderate carbs and back to solid rotations to get the fun going again!

The LC standards I used to love (but abandoned to some extent for JUDDD, and definitely for the long holiday carb-fest) are feeling like coming home, like Mama's cooking. It's wonderful! Has anyone else noticed this too? Or is it just me...

Anyway.

Right now, I'm keeping low-to-moderate carb UDs with no particular calorie restrictions...just until I get my bearings again, then 2000 calorie UD limit after that. Today's a DD, 225 calories. I might go up to 500 if I need protein shakes.

I want to incorporate more exercise into my daily routine, too. More walking. Maybe an evening yoga routine.

I think I gained 10 pounds back. Afraid to look, but my pants are regrettably tight.:(

Happy Thursday-after-Christmas!!

Lynne

LoCarbGal 12-27-2012 06:56 AM

I'm in! I'll have to think about exactly what I want my challenge to be, so I'll be back to post it once I have it! Thanks for doing this Sven!

Yvonnem2000 12-27-2012 07:48 AM

It's my first down day in a week. I've already pre-tracked my food for the day. I was doing 500 cal, amd whatever I wanted for up days, but went to the calculator to get my real numbers. I included exercise, so I'll see what results I get and adjust as needed. My weight yesterday was a real wake-up call!

melanie09 12-27-2012 07:51 AM

Here to weigh in!

Valentines Day goal weight ~ 184

12/27 ~ 194.8

Carly 12-27-2012 08:22 AM

I'd love to join in, but will start on the 2nd. For my weight goal I would like to be 125 lb on Valentine's day. I don't know if it's possible, but I'll try. I would like there to be an exercise/ toning peice and I'll have to think about what I can do. See you all here on the 2nd.

KeirasMom 12-27-2012 08:34 AM

I'm in! My weight goal is to hit 160 by Valentine's Day. That's my goal weight, but I've been a little more lenient lately with my rotations, so I need to tighten it back up.

I'd also like to start exercising. DH and I have been talking about joining a gym, and have even toured several. We just need to decide which one and DO IT! So I'm going to say, 3 days per week at the gym, starting January 1.

wildflower 12-27-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower (Post 16154670)

1. Minimum of 30 minutes of home exercise a day (combo of dvd's, jogging the dogs(weather permitting)-- or the Y fitness center to work on the machines!!!

2. Two days a week, water aerobics. Both classes are scheduled and paid for. One is an intense deep/shallow water for 60 minutes including resistance and the other is called Energized Pi-Yo-Chi. A combination class of pilates, yoga and Al-Chi.

YEAAA :jumpjoy: Just came in from getting my 30 minutes of exercise in. Did 45+ minutes of shovelling the driveway - all on a hill so worked the legs. I made sure I held my core tight so I would work my stomach muscles. And my arms got some work too!!!!!

BTW, the water classes don't start till the middle of Jan so I'll have to do extra until then.

TryingJudd 12-27-2012 09:54 AM

OK - I thought about my V'Day goals and they will be:

1. complete 30 days of the 30 Day Shred but cross train with other activities as well
2. stay true to my tweaked JUDDD calorie plan to give it a good min 3 week trial
3. hopefully, hopefully, hopefully inching into the 160's which would be about 11 pounds in 6 weeks

Wildflower is off and running - the rest of us need to get going!!!