Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,372
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
So far, so good. Siggy shows my success for my first day, but I know the bounce will come tomorrow! I posted in another thread that I'm taking losses as they come and putting them in my stats. I need all the self-encouragement I can get from looking at them here instead of waiting for a weekly weight.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,182
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
WTG everyone! It's hard to start back up after the holidays, and begin new habits!

I struggled this morning - didn't want to do my Callanetics. But I did the whole hour workout (OUCH!) and feel great about having done it. I don't have any illusions...I will be sore tomorrow! That's okay. I'll wait a day or two before doing it again and just get stronger and stronger.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Good for you, LoCarbgal! And good for you, too, zagnut, in getting back into Callanetics at least until your shin splints have healed.

I worked until 11 pm last night and did the Jane Fonda upper and lower body Prime Time workouts around midnight, so I was feeling pretty smug yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to fit them in again before work, but I'm pleased that they are getting easier as I do the workouts--especially the exercises involving my arms, which I mostly rest on a desk while I type on a computer, so my arm muscles need lots of work.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 156
Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
WTG all the exercisers!

I just did my HIIT and weights, even though it's a DD and I am hungry but need to save my cals for fish and veg as my friend is visiting, even though I did not feel like it, even though

I cranked the tunes, and just did it. and now I am glad I did.

time for a bath, coffee and to pick up my friend
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!
 
Truffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mid-West, WI
Posts: 1,173
Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Jkat
I am starting to potato diet today, and started a thread in JUDDD. Please join us.

Not sure how I feel yet, this is my first day!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 908
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Start Date 1/1/13 End Date 2/14/13


-Stick to DD/UD Rotations!!!
-Stick to less than 25g Carbs per day
-Stick to DD=0-500 calories and UD=1700-1900 calories
-Drink a lot more water!
-Lose at least 10 pounds
-Have FUN

1/1 UD 198.6
1/3 UD 196.2

Yesterday, was my 1st DD in a really long time. It went great, however, once I start eating it's hard to stop. I didn't start eating until 8pm and ended up having around 520 calories. Not too bad
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #157
Junior LCF Member
 
Stitchfluffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bowling Green Ky
Posts: 44
Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
I'm in! I'm not gonna set a goal weight for myself, because my body may or may not cooperate, insulin resistance can do that for ya. My main goal is to continue the rotations with no binges or slip-ups, and to continue pushing myself in my workouts. SURELY the weight will steadily go down if I do that!
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kismet311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Having an awesome DD so far!! That said, I'm worried about my WI tonight at my TOPS meeting. I am sure I gained after New Years...but as they say, "tomorrow starts a new week" so I will try to do better for next week. I will set my goal for this challenge tonight after WI. Everyone is doing great! Rock on ladies!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!
 
Truffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mid-West, WI
Posts: 1,173
Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I got on the treadmill today! Nothing too exciting but managed 45 min of speed walking on a steep incline while I read "Safe Haven"
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member
 
angie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 483
Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
First day back ...Day 1 Complete!!! Stuck to my calories today and looking forward to adding in some exercising for the days to come!! woohoo!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #161
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,822
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Zumba again tonight. That's 3 trips to the gym this week! And negative calories for the day.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Zumba again tonight. That's 3 trips to the gym this week! And negative calories for the day.
Dawn, you and your daughter look adorable in your new Avi. And way to go on the exercise!
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Having an awesome DD so far!! That said, I'm worried about my WI tonight at my TOPS meeting. I am sure I gained after New Years...but as they say, "tomorrow starts a new week" so I will try to do better for next week. I will set my goal for this challenge tonight after WI. Everyone is doing great! Rock on ladies!
I'll bet you won't be the only one with some weight gain registered after the holidays, Kismet. And you'll lose it soon with JUDDD and that great attitude.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfluffy View Post
I'm in! I'm not gonna set a goal weight for myself, because my body may or may not cooperate, insulin resistance can do that for ya. My main goal is to continue the rotations with no binges or slip-ups, and to continue pushing myself in my workouts. SURELY the weight will steadily go down if I do that!
I can sure relate to this. I try to set goals that are behavioral rather than scale-based, though I do sometimes say I want to make progress toward a certain weight goal. Continuing rotations with no binges or slip-ups and continuing to push oneself in workouts are goals that probably everyone here could embrace and benefit from.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member
 
Sammyann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 683
Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
I did my C.S. video yesterday and had a good DD. I'm down 1lb today for a new low of 141.5! I kind of hate UD's after new lows because I know the scale will bounce up. I know it will go back down though.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!
 
TryingJudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,915
Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Got up early (ugh) and did the 30 Day Shred this morning. That makes 6 down and 24 to go! Stuck close to my UD calorie limit which has been a challenge for me.

WTG group. We can do this.
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member
 
SlimNana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 687
Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyann View Post
I kind of hate UD's after new lows because I know the scale will bounce up. I know it will go back down though.
I still have a difficult time accepting the bounce on the scale after UDs, mine's usually 2 lbs.

This week especially with TOM, and the bloat of water weight that comes along with it.

I was really hoping that I'd be long past menopause by now at my age.

Last edited by SlimNana; 01-04-2013 at 09:41 AM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #168
Junior LCF Member
 
Stitchfluffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bowling Green Ky
Posts: 44
Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
I can sure relate to this. I try to set goals that are behavioral rather than scale-based, though I do sometimes say I want to make progress toward a certain weight goal. Continuing rotations with no binges or slip-ups and continuing to push oneself in workouts are goals that probably everyone here could embrace and benefit from.
I want progress too, almost too much sometimes. But when I get to obsessive over the scale discouragement creeps in, and it can turn into something ugly, like a binge...achh!!! Not only bad behavior, but it's the reason I weigh more than when I started JUDDD this Summer! Time to get rational, haha
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Starting with you guys today! Goal weight 185 by Vday. (secret goal: 180)

Jan. 2 - 193.2 (this, after 4 UD's, so not too stressed about it)-DD
Jan. 3 - 192.6 -UD
Jan. 4 - 193.0 -DD


Posting here seems a little redundant, because I am also doing the Jan. daily weigh-in every day which is also somewhat of a challenge. But hey, I can use all the challenges I can get!!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-04-2013 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Haha put 130 for today's weight! :D
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!
 
Babsbabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,090
Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Got up early (ugh) and did the 30 Day Shred this morning. That makes 6 down and 24 to go! Stuck close to my UD calorie limit which has been a challenge for me.

WTG group. We can do this.
That is great that you have finished 6 days of the workout. Is this workout one that can be done everyday? Does it get progressively more difficult? I think it would help me if Jillian came by my house and made me do my push-ups! I am going to go and do them now. Ran yesterday for two hours and never seem to want to so tithe push-ups after, maybe I need to try to do them on alternate days.

Last edited by Babsbabs; 01-04-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
I still have a difficult time accepting the bounce on the scale after UDs, mine's usually 2 lbs.

This week especially with TOM, and the bloat of water weight that comes along with it.

I was really hoping that I'd be long past menopause by now at my age.
The good news, SlimNana, is that late-coming menopause is an indicator that your body is aging slowly, so that you'll probably be around and healthy for a good long time. (I just went to a scholarly talk about this by a visiting speaker to my workplace recently.) TOM should have some sort of compensation!
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Starting with you guys today! Goal weight 185 by Vday. (secret goal: 180)

Jan. 2 - 193.2 (this, after 4 UD's, so not too stressed about it)-DD
Jan. 3 - 192.6 -UD
Jan. 4 - 193.0 -DD


Posting here seems a little redundant, because I am also doing the Jan. daily weigh-in every day which is also somewhat of a challenge. But hey, I can use all the challenges I can get!!
, Librarygirl. I always enjoy reading your posts. I do multiple challenges, too; I get fond of people in challenge groups, want to know how they are doing and cheer them on, and appreciate support from people who have gotten to know me.

Today I fit in a Jane Fonda Prime Time Walkout workout before work, so I'm feeling virtuous and energized--a great start to a good down day.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,745
Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
I can sure relate to this. I try to set goals that are behavioral rather than scale-based, though I do sometimes say I want to make progress toward a certain weight goal. Continuing rotations with no binges or slip-ups and continuing to push oneself in workouts are goals that probably everyone here could embrace and benefit from.
Well said, even though breaking my weight goal out throughout the year, gives me something to aim for, I can only control what I do, not the result of doing it. My main focus is having a plan and doing the plan for a reasonable amount of time. If it doesn't yield reasonable results, I will adjust the plan.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member
 
SlimNana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 687
Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8
Thanks! I thought it was part of God's sense of humor and the joke was on me...with six grandkids already.


Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
The good news, SlimNana, is that late-coming menopause is an indicator that your body is aging slowly, so that you'll probably be around and healthy for a good long time. (I just went to a scholarly talk about this by a visiting speaker to my workplace recently.) TOM should have some sort of compensation!
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!
 
Truffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mid-West, WI
Posts: 1,173
Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
:Started to feel yucky yesterday, sore throat and SUPER congested today. Not looking forward to work. Nose won't stop running... Sorry, venting.
So no treadmill today, but I will spend some time stretching. And as DBF says, feed a cold, go eat some potatoes. Haha

He's very supportive!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
:Started to feel yucky yesterday, sore throat and SUPER congested today. Not looking forward to work. Nose won't stop running... Sorry, venting.
So no treadmill today, but I will spend some time stretching. And as DBF says, feed a cold, go eat some potatoes. Haha

He's very supportive!
This does seem to be the month for viruses all round. Sorry you are sick; I hope you can get lots of sleep, stay warm and hydrated, and feel better soon.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,685
Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi Judd challengers.

I woke up this morning with sinus pressure but was able to do yoga. I am feeling really crapy as the day progresses. Yuck!!! I hate being sick!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!
 
Truffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mid-West, WI
Posts: 1,173
Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Thanks so much! This is my second cold in about 2 months. And I am one who usually brags that I NEVER get sick!! I wonder what is up with that? I would hate to think that it is what or how I am eating...
Could be lack of sleep too, not much to be had this time of year in the restaurant industry. I believe this month is the slowest for us after the Holiday rush, so I should have more time to rest.
I will fight this cold!!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member
 
Sammyann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 683
Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
JKat & Truffles, I hope you you feel better soon.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
Thanks so much! This is my second cold in about 2 months. And I am one who usually brags that I NEVER get sick!! I wonder what is up with that? I would hate to think that it is what or how I am eating...
Could be lack of sleep too, not much to be had this time of year in the restaurant industry. I believe this month is the slowest for us after the Holiday rush, so I should have more time to rest.
I will fight this cold!!
I remember reading that sugar depresses the immune system, so it's possible that eating holiday treats explains so many colds going around right now (not to imply that necessarily holds for any particular individual who is suffering with a cold or virus right now). It's also the season for getting together with big groups of people to celebrate and sharing meals with multiple people (say, at potlucks and buffets and out of candy and chip bowls), which probably encourages the passing of germs. Kind of the down side of all those food-based holiday celebrations and parties ... And more stress for lots of people. I, for one, am happy to have the holiday season over, though it was nice to get time off from work.

Feel better soon, Truffles.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.