Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SOUTH BEACH VETS - Ho Ho Ho - It's December!

New month! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go - holidays, parties, food, drinks...........we can get through it.....
TOGETHER!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Bad eating weekend.
Not off the charts, but toooooooooooo much sodium, not enough veggies!

Need to rein it in again......before the holiday hoopla heats up!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Morning Beachers!

Can't believe its December already!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hey gang!

I ran about 4 miles this morning (with no boardwalk to run on, I don't have a defined route any more so I have to guesstimate.) And I have a Phase 1 day, actually all week, planned. No booze, no grains, lots of water and veggies. You know the drill!!

I have a lot of work to do...
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/190/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
I need to reign it in as well, I stepped on the scales this morning and I am up 3 pds from my low weight, I am only supposed to have 2 pds to play with during maintenance, so I have to nip this in the bud right away, so super clean eating week for me planned! Im hoping I can get back down to my low weight again.

Not much else going on this week, house is all decorated and all the presents I have purchased thus far are already wrapped and under the tree.

This next weekend I have rented a mini van and Michael and I are taking all the boys xmas light viewing, everyone is super excited! They have a light display at the racetrack here that is the largest west of the Mississippi and the best part is you just stay in your car and drive thru it!

Yesterday I was able to get into the Nike Employee store and do some shopping, Michaels roommate works for Nike so she can get people in for free, basically you get 50% off everything. SO I was able to get both the boys new shoes. Wish I had more money to spend there, but I have already spent a ton on them for xmas, done with both of them, need to finish getting everyone else stuff.

Lets make it a great week ladies,

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Well I guess my good day of eating yesterday paid off, I am back to my low weight again as of this morning Woohoo. I am going to keep eating healthy all week and maybe I will even drop below my low weight, I could handle that

Does anyone have any holiday parties to attend? My company doesnt have one, but I think Michaels does, although he hasnt invited me to it lol. Maybe he isnt planning to go, who knows.

I have a bunch of new shows I am hooked on, Sunday night is Sister Wives on TLC, Monday night is Catfish on MTV and then Tuesday night is Ink Master and SOA, but they are on at the same time and kinda late at night so I usually just catch them on the DVR later.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great week!!

Kelly
Old 12-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice work Kelly!

I was also down 2.5 lbs this morning. I am sure it all water weight, but hey, it's a start. I am really trying to be diligent in drinking lots of water. It really does fill you up.

Our "free" turkey breast from the supermarket is in the oven, smells great! Tomorrow night I will use the leftovers to make a SBD friendly broccoli turkey casserole for dinner....
Old 12-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Sorry for being MIA. There just hasn't been that much going on and backing away some was what happened. Thanks again Cindy for looking me up.

I've noticed lately I've been having trouble getting my veggie quota in so this morning I decided to have a green smoothy. Boy did that hit the spot and so filling. It was very simple I just took green leafy veggies and put them in my blender with some chicken broth enough to start it going and added some cubed cucumber, and little colored peppers. Then when it was liquified I added one scoop of vanilla whey protein powder and drank. Today's green leafy was romaine lettuce and kale. Tomorrow I plan on having spinach with the spring mix lettuce. It's if you can eat it raw it's good to blend. Let your imagination be your guide kind of thing.

Have a nice evening ladies.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #9
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love your photo Sharon!!

OK, I gotta tell you...there's no way I would eat a green smoothie Not my cup of tea at all. LOL.

Still doing Phase 1, I'd like to be down 4 lbs this week and maintain over the weekend. We'll see!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Since changing to having a GS the past couple of days the scale is now going in the right direction. I was skeptical but love them now. LOL!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #11
Queen Bargain Shopper

YAY! Sharon!

Kelly - you are doing well!
We have a team "Christmas party" and are all going out to dinner next Thursday. DH's company has one, but we don't go. DD25 is having a "favorite things" get together - like Oprah on the 14th, and am going to that! I can't wait - we all walk away with one of everyone's favorite things! Mine is a very cute coffee mug with coffee in it!

Eating has been better this week but feel so bloated. Ugh.

Off to work early today! Glad it's Thursday!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #12
Queen Bargain Shopper

Oh and Kelly - I am OBSESSED with SOA!
DH and I watched seasons 1-4 over the last many weeks and downloaded season 5 from Amazon. We have epi's 10-13 to watch. I heard season 6 isn't on till next September. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.
I am in love with Jax even though he is probably young enough to be my son.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #13
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holiday party #1 is this Friday. Our town has a Christmas Tree lighting with all the shops open late. Our friends have an open house afterwards. It's nice because we all just walk up town and then over to their house. And because our downtown is on the west side (i.e. not by the ocean!), our big evergreen tree is still intact!

Holding steady with the 2.5lbs gone, I was hoping to drop 4 lbs this week - but that was probably unrealistic. I need a whoooosh.

Kelly, Cindy: the last thing I need is another TV series to be hooked on, but you guys are making me interested in SoA. May have to check it out.

2014 Running Miles: 224
2014 Walking Miles: 214
2014 Biking Miles: 380
Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Dr. appt this morning. Got a lovely scope ran down my nose! Turns out I have acid reflux with NO symptoms.

Tonight DD has a basketball game. The whole 7th grade team is afraid to dribble, lol. Its quite fun to watch.

Tomorrow I took off of work because DS is having his wisdom teeth removed.

It's been quite a week.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF!! I was out sick yesterday, went to the doc, my Vertigo is back, havent had it in over 3 years, its the worst, constantly dizzy and spins. I came back to work today, but still feel in a fog, but its not as bad as it was, as long as I am sitting still its ok, but just when I change positions like sitting to laying that is the worst. There are no meds for it and they gave me at home exercises to try and if that doesnt work, then I have to go see a physical therapist, its a huge pain!

This weekend is my kids weekend, renting a mini van tomorrow to take them all to see the lights, should be fun, I just hope Im feeling better.

Cindy- Glad you like SOA, I love it too!! Cant wait for Season 6. And that favorite things party sound totally awesome! What a great idea.

I weighed in this morning, still at my low weight, which is a good thing I like that I am able to maintain fairly easily, that is a good feeling. I dont feel like I have really been depriving myself of having things I want.

Back to work for me!! Have a great weekend ladies, will check in on Monday.

Kelly
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry to see your struggling right now. Be careful with those balance problems. Have fun with the kids this weekend.

I haven't see SofA but heard a lot about it. I love Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, True Blood, Downton Abby... I'm sure glad for my recording feature. I wouldn't be able to keep up without it.

Off to Walmart so best be at it. Stay safe and well.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #17
Queen Bargain Shopper

Oh Kelly!
Weird thing - one of my very good friends has been dealing with that for several weeks!!! What the heck?? She has been seeing a PT as well!

DH and I saved the season finale for Season 5 till this weekend. I am sooooo sad to see our SOA viewing coming to an end. I am so obsessed I have been watching different interviews on line.

Sharon - I watch Downton Abbey!!! It starts up again January 6th!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can hardly wait Cindy. I'm so hard up I'm watching Season 2 now so I'll be ready for it.

I bought a Healthrider bike and it came yesterday. Dh put it together and now there's no excuse. Hopefully with low impact my knee will get stronger. We shall see.

I'm losing slowly. I have to be so careful when it comes to fruit. That is a hard one when I don't measure servings with my berries. I like to put in a medium bowl with yogurt or ricotta and top with walnut pieces. That's the one time a day that I eat fruit so thinking I'm ok. I've been having green smoothies to get more veggies in. I use Jay Robb whey protein powder, 1 scoop. That is filling and I use it for midday meal or breakfast.

Have a great weekend and take care.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #19
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gang, heading out to San Francisco for work bright and early tomorrow morning...hopefully the last business trip of the year. I feel like I had a pretty good eating weekend, but the scale will tell the story tomorrow morning!!

Tina, any dietary restrictions with the acid reflux? My Mom has it, I know there are some foods she is supposed to avoid.

Sharon, Cindy - I also love Downton Abbey! Maggie Smith is super, but really the whole cast is excellent.

Kelly, what causes vertigo? It sounds like it really impacts you, hope you are feeling better and the home exercises work for you.

Talk to all later this week...
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #20
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Gang!

Safe travels Wiz!

I am taping Downton Abbey revisited tonight - interviews, etc with cast prior to the Jan 6 premiere of season 3.

How are things going Kelly?

Eating was ok over the weekend. I just need to make my mind up to eat ONE way and that I do not need grains........I have been reading SO much about how they have changed over the decades and how all these things we deal with are directly related to the mutation of wheat over the years.

Busy week ahead AND we got snow........ick. So back to the long, heavy coat and careful driving.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning,
Things are much better today, no dizziness at all!! I am so happy Veritgo is caused by the crystals in your inner ear getting stuck, so the exercises they gave me were different head movements to try and get them unstuck! Most of the time it goes away on its own, but can take a few weeks, Im glad mine is gone for now!

Weight was up slighty this morning, but not surprising, I had loaded nachos for dinner and popcorn at the movies last night, so back to strict eating this week so I can get back to my low weight. I only have about 3 more weeks till I go back on my stuff again. I am excited to lose a bunch more weight.

I plan to finish my xmas shopping this week, heading out tonight after work to get more stuff!

The movie Ted comes out tomorrow on DVD, so a bunch of us friends are getting together Wed night to watch it, its def an adult film, but looks super funny!

Michael and I went and saw Life of Pi in 3d last night, what an amazing movie!! I cried. Anyone read the book?

Back to work for me.

Kelly
Old 12-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. Glad to see you are not dizzy now Kelly. I loved the book Life of Pi. In fact I was so surprised to see they made a movie out of it. It's playing here and it's on my bucket list.

Cindy I haven't had a problem losing wheat and grains of all kinds at all. I have been finding almond and coconut flour far more satisfying and no cravings . I've got Dh drinking green smoothies now. Every time I make one he wants half.

I'm having fun with my Healthrider bike. Only doing 10 mins at a time for now as I have knee problems. It's a gradual progression because of that. We are also getting our walking in.

Take care driving in that white powder Cindy. It's a real pain with the roads so slippery. The salt put on the roads is not good for the cars either.

Have a productive day see you soon.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Wiz - no food restrictions for me since I have no symptoms of acid reflux. The only things the doctor told me was go to bed on an empty tummy and cut back on the caffeine. My caffeine intake is CRAZY high, lol.

kel - Glad the dizzy was gone yesterday! That would be AWFUL!

Cindy - I am NOT ready for snow, lol. We are getting a dusting here today.

Sharon - Have fun on the bike!

Hopefully wrapping some more christmas gifts tonight!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #24
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick fly-by!! My weigh-in on Monday morning was good - hit my 4 lb mini goal!! Can't believe I lost weight over the weekend. I've been on what I like to call "Phase 1 with wine on weekends and fruit in my yogurt" diet.

Cindy, snow - Yikes!!

Kelly, very interesting about the vertigo and then those head movements should help you avoid it happening again.

Sharon, I don't eat a lot of grains, maybe about twice a week. I find that doesn't impact me much at all.

No word from Tina in a few days, hope all is well.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wiz. You sure are on your game. Whatever you are doing is right on and your body loves it. Do you try to stay low fat? Or do you just keep it monounsaturated?

Hi Tina missed you where's Neese?

Cindy are you still getting snow? Don't hit me but we're still in the 70's.

Getting ready for the day. See you later.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Had a busy day yesterday, headed out shopping after work, was able to finish all my xmas shopping, but did eat fast food since I was on the go, which means my weight stayed the same this morning, so I am still slightly up from my low. Hopefully it should be back down by tomorrow.

I started my gym membership back up yesterday, mainly for the tanning lol, but the classes are fun to attend as well!! I plan on going tonight.

Not much else going on in my world, getting busier at work, so back to it for me!

Kelly
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Beachers!

Dh christmas party is Saturday. Going tomorrow after work and having a gel polish manicure. Never had one before.

Eating has been over the top bad. Just waiting til the new year.

I will also be seeing and endocrinologist in January for my thyroid. I'm pretty excited about that!

Have a great Thursday!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm cutting out fruit and dark chocolate treat for the next 2 weeks. Gotta get moving. Everything seems to be stuck again! I get so frustrated with this body! Have a fun time at the manicure Tina. Your appt. in January will get you on top again.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Ladies,
TGIF!! They are doing a bunch of fun xmas stuff here at work today, ugly sweater contest, pictionary tournament, cube decorating contest and white elephant gift exchange, should be fun!

I weighed in yesterday and was at my lowest weight again, Im so happy that I have been able to maintain and pretty much eat whatever I want, I just dont eat a lot of any one thing.

I am going back on my stuff Jan 4th and I am super excited!! Im hoping to drop another 30 pds which will put me just about at my first original goal of 150, I will figure out from there if I want to go any lower, but I always thought between 140-150 would be good for me, I have never wanted to be super skinny, I like having curves

Well time to get my day started, I hope everyone has a great weekend!! WE are taking the boys to a Bob Marley Laser light show tomorrow night, they are super excited and so am I, its going to be super cool!

Kelly
Old 12-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are doing so well Kelly. I wish I could say the same. I've been eating on plan but just too much of it. I'm still looking for my shut off valve. Have fun at the concert. Can I tag along. I like Jamaican music. I can be one of the kids.