Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #31
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #33
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi All!

Busy day yesterday - I was up early, working on Christmas cards, then DH wanted to go to breakfast early and the grocery store.......we were home from that outing by 8:30!

I did laundry, wrapped, finished my cards, worked out.....DH and I ran a couple errands, mailed my cards......and of course watched the Packers beat the Bears!

Still struggling with my parents......but I think the divine powers from above may be trying to tell them something.....we are supposed to have a storm Thursday into Friday.....thinking they should just come on Sunday like I suggested!

Busy week ahead......cut and color tonight, dinner and Christmas shopping Wednesday night with DD25.....I am all done but need a couple more things for DSIL25. He needs clothes, so DD helping. Then we have our end of semester/Christmas breakfast tomorrow and a big Student Services Christmas open house during the day on Thursday - AND the Secret Santa reveal! My SS has been great this year - first week a bracelet (via a fundraiser on campus), last week a Starbucks Gift pack plus chocolate!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Morning beachers!

DH christmas party was a great time this year! Attached a pic of me and DH by our christmas tree

On thursday my work is taking us to Fusion Japanese steakhouse for dinner. I've never been so it should be fun/interesting!

Still have all of the kids and DH gifts to be wrapped! I need to get busy!

Have a joyous week!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (37.4 KB, 9 views)
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #35
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!!

Just finished up a great 5-mile run. Sounds like you guys were just as busy as we were this weekend. Shop, wrap, plan menus, write cards, mail cards, etc.

Tina, cute photo of you two!!

Cindy, I feel your pain with the parents. Mine will be here as well and I feel like I have to lay out this elaborate plan for when to arive AND when to leave!

But the weekend coming up is a doozy for us: My family Christmas in PA on Saturday, Wiz family celebration on Sunday with my SiL, a Polish Christmas Eve dinner in north Jersey (that is the one time a year, I go off plan completely - to eat the home-made pierogies: potato, sweet potato, cheese, sauerkraut, apricot. Unbelievably good) and Christmas Day at my house!!

For Christmas, I am serving a Cauliflower and Stilton Cheese soup, Roast Tenderloin of Beef with a Port Wine and Shallot sauce, Butternut Squash Scampi (VERY SB friendly), Grilled Asparagus, and of course a Potato/Mushroom gratin that is not remotely SB friendly. And a Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake with a Dark Chocolate Crust. OK, that's not very light either, but hey, my husband loves this dessert.

I love when a menu comes together!

Are any of you entertaining for the holiday?

2014 Running Miles: 390
2014 Walking Miles: 308
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Good Morning Girls,
The weekend was ok. I had a rough night Friday night, after all the sad news during the day and then me going home to an empty house, I was super depressed, started crying and it was just crappy. Michael felt bad and told me to come over to his house cause he didnt want me home alone when I was upset, he lives 30 miles away from me though, so at 9pm Friday night I drove in my jammies to his place and stayed all weekend, it was much better than being alone!

Saturday we ran errands and did a lil shopping, then took his boys to the laser light show Saturday night, it was a lot of fun, they loved it!

Sunday we slept in and then went to the gym and worked out, Michael joined the same gym that I go too, there is one right by his house and one by my house, so it works out! This was the first time we ever went to the gym together, was kinda fun. Then I was lazy the rest of yesterday, even took a nap which I dont get to do very often lol.

Not a lot going on this week, xmas potluck at work on Wednesday, so I will prob be off plan that day, but really I have been eating whatever I want, had pizza and cinnabon cake over the weekend, choc chip cookies last night. I am really suprised my weight isnt going up, its kinda nice lol.

Saturday is new hair day for me!! You guys saw the color I posted on FB awhile back, I am really doing it, 11am on Saturday, I cant wait!! Then we are doing the kids xmas exchange, Michael is calling it Brady Bunch xmas lol. So the boys are excited they get to open a few things early!

Michael and his roomates are having a white elephant gift exchange party Saturday night, so that should be fun too. The guys drink beer and the gals drink wine and we all laugh and have a good time! I just have to think of what the heck I am going to bring lol.

Time for me to get back to work, have a great week ladies,

Kelly

Last edited by heahyou00; 12-17-2012 at 09:38 AM..
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #37
Queen Bargain Shopper

All this news from out east is SO sad.
I just can't wrap my head around it.

We entertain my parents Wiz. My counselor friend told me I need to quit making my house a resort for them! Now their is a storm coming in Thurs/Fri, so trying to email/text them that they shouldn't come till the weekend (I would prefer Sunday) like I suggested. I will have to call today since I haven't heard from them.

I am still trying to figure out dessert for Christmas. Christmas Eve it's just DH, my parents and I.....we will go out. DD's are at the IL's. I am trying to keep things a little simpler....for my sake!

Great pic of you and DH, Tina!

Off to the treadmill and work - end of semester yesterday and college holiday breakfast this morning!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #38
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, how about some dark chocolate covered fruit? Easy to make, simple to eat, and pretty much on plan?

Ladies, I am off to NYC for a day of shopping at the Union Square Christmas market with some friends. We'll have a nice lunch out and do a LOT of talking!!

Then only a day and half of work left until my Christmas vacation...woo hoo!!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

DH parents are coming home today! Kids are very excited to see them. We haven't seen them since the summer.

DD tells me every day how excited she is about christmas, lol. I always ask her why cuz she's been bad this year and santa is getting her coal.

Wiz - have fun shopping in NYC!

Cindy - Did you get confirmation of your 'rents arrival time?

Kel - Sounds like your weekend turned out to be pretty nice!

Happy Wednesday!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
I weighed in this morning at my low weight, woohoo. I will tell you I have been eating a lot of Dreamfields pasta, apparently it doesnt affect me I have been having spaghetti with turkey meatballs everyday for lunch. Last night i used some of their Rotini and made a tuna pasta salad, had it for dinner, good stuff!!

Work is boring this week. We have our potluck today though, so I am sure I will be eating off plan items, but trying to keep it to a minimum.

I have an xmas party to attend Saturday night, white elephant, I gotta figure out what the heck I am going to bring!

Wiz- Have fun shopping, I am jealous, I still have never been to NYC, gonna check it out one of these days.

Not much else to report, we were supposed to get snow last night but we didnt and I am totally ok with that lol.

Back to work,

Kelly

Last edited by heahyou00; 12-19-2012 at 10:05 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies!

Jack Frost visited us last night. Want to get out today and get some exercise. Dogs are doing everything but getting their leashes to let me know they are getting cabin fever.

The Hobbit movie is playing at our Drive-in. Would love to see it there but it's been raining off and on so that's not a good idea. We will go to an inside movie. A couple theaters have it on several screens. I hear it's a 3 parter too. Jackson is really milking the Tolkien movies! Les Miserables is another one I can't wait to see. Love the music and it's going to be fun seeing Russell Crowe sing.

Kelly that's great news about you being able to eat Dreamfield's without a spike. I'm not eating anything wheat or starch but remember way back when I did and loved that pasta.

Tina I love hearing all about the kids getting excited about grandparents coming. I don't have that ability as my grandchildren are off in all parts of the world. One is in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii. We do keep in contact tho. Thank goodness for fb.

Wiz I love to dip strawberries! YUM!

Have a pleasant day and make it jolly.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 12-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #42
Queen Bargain Shopper

Blizzard here today and everything is closed..........except our college.
I am responsible for an orientation today so need to get in, reschedule and will probably turn around and come home. Conditions are supposed to deteriorate as the day progresses.

My parents were supposed to leave today and spend a few days in a hotel - they wanted to shop, etc and we are quite busy till the weekend. They are now on hold till the weather pans out - they are supposed to get hit harder tomorrow...........they may not head this way till Saturday!

Eating has been ok, just keeping things in moderation...Kelly - glad you are doing so well!
Have fun Wiz - I envy your yearly pilgrimage to NYC!!!!

Off to get ready - will head in early and work out later today!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #43
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had great time yesterday in NYC!! We only had half of our usual group for a variety of reasons, but that actually worked out well. I felt like I really had a chance to talk with the other 3 girls in depth throughout the day.

And...Wiz did a little (OK, more than a little ) shopping for herself. Merry Christmas to me!! Got a great sweater and hat at Anthropologie on sale (although still ridiculously pricey...but I do love that store.) I also picked up a beautiful sterling silver agate ring at the Christmas market. And I got some nice hostess gifts for the weekend's festivities.

Kelly, super news on the loss!!

Sharon, I cannot believe Peter Jackson is milking The Hobbit into 3 movies!! That book (which I love) is relatively short compared to the LOTR books. But in any case, we will be going to see it. I am a serious Tolkien fan.

Cindy, You guys are getting walloped! Talk about a white Christmas. Stay safe...

Tina, enjoy the visit with your in-laws.

Later!!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #44
Queen Bargain Shopper

Finally Friday! OMGosh was this a long week.
All schools have a two hour delay this morning.
It is BITTER cold now this morning.

Wiz - sounds like a nice trip.......I have done a bit of my own shopping as well recently. I bought a new black wool coat and showed it to DH and said "look what you bought me!" And then bought a ring too - story behind it - but excited to get it!

Off to work and then off until possibly Wednesday - going to see when my parents are leaving... If they don't leave till 12/27, I will probably work at least a half day.....it's for my sanity more than anything.......

Hugs to all of you lovely ladies!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #45
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, we're getting your weather from yesterday but thankfully all rain here. But wow, it is pouring and the wind is really intense. 50 mph gusts!

FYI. I'm finish up at Noon today and am off until Jan 2nd! Although in fact, I know I will have to do some Q4 stuff. But at least I am not tied to my desk and can do things when I have time...

I will try to check in when I can but we have family commitments Saturday through Tuesday.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Today is my last day of work until Jan 2nd as well Although on Thurs and Fri next week I have some important installs going on, so I have to log into my laptop from home and make sure things are going smoothly, but I am ok with that!! I am looking forward to the time off

Tonight after work I have to head out of town and pick up DS13, then home to do laundry and get things packed up. Hair appt at 11am tomorrow, then off to Michaels for 2 days with the kids, we are doing our gift exchange with his kids and mine tomorrow since we wont all see each other on xmas. Then Sunday we have a white elephant xmas party for the adults, then Monday I have to do grocery shopping and make the treats for my families party, then Monday night me and a couple of my single friends are going out for dinner and drinks since we have no where else to be and no family around here to hang out with. Then Tuesday up early to get the boys from their dads and back over to Michaels for awhile and then off to my families event in the afternoon, whew!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Kelly
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

See everyone on the flip side. Nice to see we're still here.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #48
Queen Bargain Shopper

Merry Christmas all!
It will be a busy few days, but I will be in and out.
I chose to work next week so others could have off - I will be off possibly Wed afternoon and for sure Friday afternoon.

Hugs to all of you!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Well we made it through xmas!! Woohoo. Michael finally met my family yesterday for the first time, so that was cool. I was like we only only known each other close to a year and you have never met them, its time lol.
The kids got everything they wanted, so they were happy.

I am working from home half days for the rest of this week, which is cool cause I can do it in my jammies The kitty is happy too, she is snuggled up next to me purring very loudly lol.

Going to see the new Quentin Tarantino movie tonight Django, I heard its pretty long though and very racial, so not sure if I am going to like it, his movies are kinda hit and miss I think.

No snow in my neck of the woods, but they got hit hard an hour away where my mom lives, thank goodness I dont have to drive my son home today, my parents are going to take him and they have a big 4 wheel drive truck, my car just wouldnt make it.

Well back to work for me, have a great rest of the week ladies,

Kelly
Old 12-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #50
Queen Bargain Shopper

Went to the nurse today to weigh in -not pretty here. I am up 3.7 from my HRA in the fall......that has to be stopped. I was up at my HRA - another UGH. SO, there are three of us right now who have a challenge going on......we are going to put it out to my team - based on percentage....$10 in and 6 or 8 week challenge. I seriously would LOVE to lose 12 lbs........ugh, ugh, ugh. I have an appt tomorrow with the nurse and we are going to evaluate my eating habits. Although they are pretty good for the most part - something has to change............I have a wedding next June and I refuse to feel puffy!!!! So after leftovers tonight (tortellini) I am DONE DONE DONE and time to get serious!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

had a wonderful holiday! Hope you all did as well.

I'm going back into full swing healthy eating on 1/2/13.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

From the Daily Dish Today

10 Great Greens for You

If you’re following the South Beach Diet lifestyle, you already know the importance of eating dark greens. Research shows that consuming dark greens may help you maintain good health by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and reducing your risk of heart disease. Dark greens are rich in beta-carotene, folate, and vitamins C, E, and K, which help protect against free radicals (unstable oxygen molecules that can damage cells). Those in the Cruciferae family (a.k.a. cruciferous vegetables) — such as beet greens, bok choy, collard greens, kale, and Swiss chard to name just a few — have also been found to protect against macular degeneration and reduce age-related memory loss. For better health, make a point to include these 10 nutritional powerhouses in your diet:

Arugula
Beet greens
Bok choy
Collard greens
Kale
Mustard greens
Romaine and red-leaf lettuce
Spinach
Swiss chard
Turnip greens
How Much Is Enough
The most recent dietary guidelines released in 2010 by the USDA and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recommend that Americans fill half their plate with fruits and vegetables at every meal, and that includes dark leafy greens. On the South Beach Diet, we encourage you to enjoy even more vegetables than that. But the real point is that eating a wide variety of vegetables — green and all the other colors too — throughout the week will put you well on your way to getting many of the essential nutrients you need for optimal health.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

HI girls,
My weight is up slighty too over the last couple days, too many goodies. I am going to start my stuff again exactly 1 week from today!!

Went to the movies last night, but didnt get to see Django, it was sold out. So we saw This is 40, it was super funny!!

Cindy- good luck on your challenge!!

I am working from home again today, I am totally off on Monday and Tuesday, then back to work next Wednesday. NYE is gonna be low key this year, just having a party over at Michaels house, will do some drinking with friends and chill. Much more low key than my last years night of clubbing lol.

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Kelly
Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #54
Queen Bargain Shopper

New year, new month!

SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 1, January 2013