Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Merry Christmas!! Kyle had a great morning and is busy busy busy playing!!

Stews- the chicken dip is good- cream cheese, blue cheese, chicken and mozzarella cheese. :yum:
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Hope and pray everyone has had a wonderful Christmas.

We went to my aunts for movies and appetizers last night. Ate way too much, but I was actually down to a new low today of 193.4. If I don't overeat this week, maybe I'll be down to 192 by next weigh in.

My goal for next year is to be down to 164 by the end of the year. Doesn't sound like much, but I'd rather lose it slowly and permanently than lose it quick and put it back on. I'm learning how to eat as I go. I love to eat low carb, but it just doesn't always work.

I was just checking in a log I keep on another site, and last year on Dec 26 I weighed 200.2 lbs. Today I weighed in at 183.4. So almost 17 pounds lost forever!!

Off to work soon!!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #123
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/206.4/135
Start Date: August 1, 2012
good morning friends!

guess its time to get serious and work out again. we bought a set of dumbells that go up to 30 (we can use the kind that came with our weight bench if we need heavier than that), and dh got me a set of 3 kettle balls for christmas (he knew I was looking at them). add the fact I got 2 pairs of pajamas that I'm sure won't fit yet...yup, time to get serious, lol
stews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #124

Ill be with you soon stews! I can't wait to get back to running
Old 12-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #125
Random WIT

I'm not worrying about it today. I want one more day to just relax and eat what I want but i did get my kettle balls up in my exercise room and plan on working out and eating better starting tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #126
Random WIT

going to be a busy week. dd23 is getting ready to move on the 2nd. she is probably going to need help getting some of the things she wants her boyfriends parents to bring in the trailer to their place. we will bring the rest up the following weekend after they get in their apartment. she also wants me to go to a movie with her.

we have my aunts wedding on Saturday and now with dd22's car broke down we are going to have to help her with transportation to and from work...ugh! we are going to have an empty next and still be running our kid around, lol not funny, yet what else can I do but laugh, I guess.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #127
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
only 363 days til Christmas

time to start shopping
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #128
Random WIT

Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #129
Random WIT

I had to giggle. of all the things we got the kids, the thing that got one of the best reactions was the little dollar gadget I put in their stocking. its a little plastic piece that is an orange peeler from pampered chef. we had one years ago and the kids loved it. it has an end that you use to score the orange peel and then you flip it over and the other end easily slips under the skin and it comes right off in 4 big pieces. no mess and fast. just cracked me up that the dollar item made them go OOOOOH!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #130
Random WIT

I really don't feel good. dh is working out now and I'm waiting on a phone call. I think when he's done I'll go work out or at least go in there and do a little. probably won't be great today but I will go through some motions somehow.

I told dh I think tonight would be a great night to relax with a movie or something after we get dd22 home from work (she works till as soon after 7 as she gets closing things done).

tomorrow we were supposed to take the car in for an oil change. dh has always done it himself up till this car but with this one he's been taking it in to have it done. anyway, he changed the day to next Thurs. that will work better with having to help dd22 with transportation and getting dd23 ready to move and do things with her too. tomorrow dd22 has a psch appointment and dh is taking her to exchange a pair of boots we bought her for work. he wants to take her because the ones she will get will probably cost more. dd23 is hoping her and I can go see a movie together. she suggested the 4:00 one because its a LONG movie. we could go at 8:00 if we had to but since its so long 4 would be better. I didn't know if it would work out since the car was going to be in the shop but now we should be able to make it work. dh can taxi dd22 and I can spend some time with dd23. sure hope I feel better.

Last edited by stews; 12-27-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Old 12-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #131

I hope you feel better too stews

I'm getting very tired of waking up with all this rib pain. So glad I only have 10 days at the most left. 10 days seems like such a long time though!

Nothing going on today. I might go get some groceries but dh is going to put together both the new strollers.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #132
Random WIT

thanks. still not feeling good this morning but I'll live. and my butt and thighs are SORE from those kettleballs. can only imagine what I'll feel like when I do a real routine, LOL! oh my!

10 days is really not long at all. its going to go fast but I also remember that feeling. you are SO ready at the end.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #133

I'm scared to start working out again too! Just think how good you'll feel once you start to conqur those workouts!

Yes I know the 10 days will go fast. I plan on doing a lot of nothing because as soon as Stella comes it will be hectic. We have my mom coming, then my BFF the day my mom leaves, then MiL and dhs grandma a few days after that. Oye!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #134
Random WIT

you are going to love when you get your house back to just you and your little family after all that, even though having family come see you is nice.

I know. I just have to keep going again with the work outs. I can't believe how sore my butt is. I told dh too bad my butt doesn't look as tight as it feels, LOL!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #135
Random WIT

so my menu yesterday...

rice krispies (no sugar added)
1 slice of ham and cheese
movie popcorn

very healthy, huh?
Old 12-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #136
Random WIT

what's up today for all of you?

I got up about 5 this morning to run dd22 to work. she stayed here last night since she had to be to work so early and her car is broke.

dh and dd23 just left to go meet one of his friends to go shooting. dd really wanted to go before she moves and it gives her some time with dh. I didn't really feel like going this morning after being sick plus wanted them to have time together.

will pick up dd22 from work at 1, bring her back here to get ready then take off for my aunts wedding.

no other plans. dd will go back to her place tonight I'm sure but will be staying here mon. again because she has to work early tue. the rest the week she closes so it won't be so bad to pick her up from her place to get her to work.

oh and I just ate breakfast and am going to do a work out in a bit. still don't really feel up to it but am going to at least go through the motions. between being sick (although, I feel better this morning than yesterday morning) and still sore from my last "going through the motions" work out, LOL I really don't wanna! oh well. I'll feel good about myself for doing it, even if its not a great work out.

Last edited by stews; 12-29-2012 at 09:38 AM..
Old 12-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #137

Me and Kyle went to SAMs club and michaels. Rainy dreary day here so probably just hanging out the rest of the day.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #138
Random WIT

hope you got to relax some DP. get that rest while you can, sistah!

heading to bed. dh is working early tomorrow morning. i wish his vacation wasn't over. I'll probably get up with him. about noon I'm going to go pick up dd22 so she can come bury her rat here. not sure, but I assume her roommate will be bringing his also that died tonight .

had a nice time at the wedding. still seems weird to think of my aunt married now. ended up taking the girls out to dinner after we got home but here is my menu for today:

*rice krispies (no sugar added)
*a pinwheel sandwich (you know those tortillas or flat bread with meat/cheese/cream cheese, rolled up) w/some sort of pesto I think
*a couple baby carrots, a small snowpea, a small broccoli w/small amount of ranch
*1 cookie w/frosting
eggs benedict w spinach and pesto (guess I was in a pesto mood today, lol), fresh fruit

I did NOT even have a piece of wedding cake!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 AM   #139

Morning.
I'm pretty impressed that you passed up wedding cake!

We all slept in until 8 which was nice. Taking down the Christmas decorations today and doing a little cleaning. I think dh will take Kyle to get a haircut so I can get some things done unbothered. Going out to dinner tonight. Last family dinner before my mom and Stella come
Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #140
Random WIT

enjoy your day. I am probably going to leave my decorations up a few more days.

started the sniffle stage of my cold now. boooo! I thought I was going to get to skip that phase when I was feeling better yesterday.

actually, I am impressed I passed up the cake too, LOL!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #141

I'd have kept them up longer probably but not with the baby due any second. If she came tomorrow then I'd never get them down! Plus my mom comes Friday afternoon so I wanted to start some cleaning. I'm nesting big time. I want to clean everything! I did my baseboards downstairs with all the little dusting/surface cleaning. I'm going to run the vacuum and then clean the guinea pig and liter box and be done for the day. Ill tackle the bathrooms tomorrow when Kyle is in daycare

Sorry you got the sniffles.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #142
Random WIT

I'd do the same if I were you on getting them put up now. you are gonna have that baby SOON!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #143
Random WIT

oh and thanks. I probably should go get ready in case dd23 gets up for church. its her last Sunday before she moves so if she gets up to go I'll go. if not, I'm staying home.

I can't get warm either. sipping on hot lemon water (actually is pretty good, lol). at least I can manage to get my water in if I heat it up and drink it like tea. and it has plenty of lemon flavor because I used the water from my pitcher in the fridge that had lemon slices in it from yesterday.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #144

I can drink warm lemon water too if it is flavored enough.

I think I'm done for the day. Dh is watching football and Kyle is about to nap so I'm going to read an nap too
Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #145
Random WIT

this is definitely flavored enough. Its been soaking in a whole sliced up lemon since yesterday morning.

enjoy the rest of the day relaxing. I just got a big batch of caramel corn in the oven. I had all the popcorn popped but hadn't made it before Christmas. I promised dd22's roommate I'd give him some but he'd have to wait because what I had made was just enough to take to both family gatherings. I will give a big bag away and leave a little here but if I have any myself I will limit it. I'm really trying to eat mostly good choices.

also measured out the leftover cereal/nuts/pretzels to make 1 more batch of chex mix. I'd rather make a batch of the mix and match cereal left then to let it sit in open boxes and get stale. it doesn't have the exact ratio of all the correct chex types but I was able to put together enough of what I do have to have a full batch. dd22 loves chex mix and that was her request this year of what I HAD to make. both places I took it to kept what was there when we left. (which was fine, I'd rather leave it if they wanted it).

I will touch base with dd22 in a short while and see if she is still going to be ready around noon for me to come get her to take care of the rats . I hope the rest are okay now. I can't imagine losing them at once. yikes.

dd23 and I also have to run out to my dads to pick up a small table they are giving her. she wants to be all done packing today and then we'll take the kitchen stuff she wants to her boyfriends so they can bring it up with the trailer when they come. we'll bring the other boxes down on the 12th. also need to swing by costco so she can exchange the bowls we got her for something else they need instead.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #146
Random WIT

OH and somehow over the holidays even with my eating junk I managed to lose weight? I know my weight was UP from my pre holiday low but I've now hit a new low. I'll take it, but I sure didn't expect that. now to keep going and get back into the teens.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by stews View Post
OH and somehow over the holidays even with my eating junk I managed to lose weight? I know my weight was UP from my pre holiday low but I've now hit a new low. I'll take it, but I sure didn't expect that. now to keep going and get back into the teens.
good job!!

I can't wait to get back to some plan honestly. Tough I did MUCh better this pregnancy and gained exactly 35 pounds (vs the 50 I gained with Kyle)
Old 12-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #148
Random WIT

that is better! nice!

I have the caramel corn bagged up. going to send a big bag home with dd and her room mate. hopefully I can stay out of the rest. I had a taste but that's it. one taste.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #149
Random WIT

had an early dinner with dd23. after taking dd22 and her roommate back home dd23 and I went and picked up the table. on the way home she said we should have pizza from one of the best pizza places EVER!!! who am I to deny her, lol. we brought it home to eat it, though. I did order a garden salad and ate that first before even putting pizza on my plate. we also ordered buffalo wings, so I had 2 wings and only 1 small piece of pizza.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #150
Random WIT

today's menu:
*rice krispies
*garden salad w/blue cheese dressing, 2 buffalo wings w/blue cheese dressing, 1 small piece of pizza (all ordered from the yummy pizza place).
* a bite of caramel corn and a bite of chex mix (not even a serving. it really was just a taste of each as they were cooling on the counter.