Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Yeah he's a fun age

We went for a long walk after nap and I'm making dinner. Just relaxing tonight.
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #32
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/181/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
I'm looking at the boxes wishing the decorations would jump out and run to the appropriate places so I didn't have to do it
stews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #33
The doctor is IN

Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Hey! Just dropping by!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #34
The doctor is IN

Nice relaxing day! Slept late, went to the BIG bookstore and was going to run but stayed too long at the bookstore so had to get ready for a wedding about an hour away. Wedding was a lot of fun too, now home getting ready to watch movies Life is good!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
Random WIT

have a great day everyone. I won't be around much till this evening but may check in after church for a minute. dh and I are going to try and get some of our shopping done this afternoon before he has to go to work this evening.

I got some of my inside decorating done yesterday, will try and get a little more done this evening. we'll see how tired I am after shopping, I guess. I should have got more done yesterday but had a hard time getting myself started.

hope we get some more ideas for people. I really don't have any idea what to buy for some this year.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #36

Morning

Had a decent weekend. We took Kyle to see the light show last night. He loved it! And so did me and dh. It was pretty cool. I can't believe Christmas is in 15 days and that my baby girl is due in 19!! I have to make it through this week then I'm off! I'm planning on doing some fun stuff with Kyle the next 2 weeks. I'm getting a little sad that my time with him as our only child is ending.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm hoping to just survive it.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #37
Random WIT

SO close, DP! you are going to have such an awesome Christmas this year.

I'm so tired. slept terrible. woke up spooked and was too scared to sleep well. hate when that happens.

after work I think I'm going to run by target and get just a few gifts we have left for nieces and nephews. then all we have is some more for our kids and the adults (parents). we are stumped on that front, lol.

dd24 will be easy to buy for but we got a little overwhelmed because she wants SO much. we are going to get her a bunch of kitchen stuff for a new apartment but she mostly needs everything. she has a few things but not too much yet. we finally decided to go to Costco tue (which has now changed to either thur. or fri) because dh ended up having to work tue now. and start with some basics there then fill in some other little things after we know what we can get there for decent prices.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #38
The doctor is IN

I just ordered a furby from Amazon for a little girl on the angel tree at church. It's adorable! I wish we could see them open the presents!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #39

Sorry you had a rough night stews. I had a few of those when dh was gone. Not fun! Hope today goes fast

Aww Lucy! How cute. We have an angel tree here but we haven't picked our family yet. Dh is going to do it this week. The tree is at his work

Today has been decent here. Gone fast kind of. Nice outside so we went for a walk and we painted some Christmas ornaments to send to family and for the twins parents. I'm excited for Christmas, even if it is kind if sad that we won't be with family at all
Old 12-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #40
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
we took our toys to the track Saturday

Baby girl added a teddy bear to the collection to send them

Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Peskie, do you have a date yet when dd will be with you permanently???

Back down to 184.2 today. Hopefully I'll lose more for next week.

Working full time this week. And our sweet adelines xmas banquet is on Thursday.

Oh, I also won a week off with pay at our work xmas party!! Couldn't believe it. I never win anything!! Can't say that anymore!! lol
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
FRIDAY!!!

Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #43
The doctor is IN

MONMY PESKIE AND DADDY WAYNE!!!

::::100 million hearts::::
Old 12-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #44

Morning. I can't believe I only have 4 days with the kids left. I'm ready to be off but ill miss those stinkers for sure

Wow lenise! You are melting! And how cool about work. I wish someone would pay me not to work

They don't even have the smilies to express how I feel about Peskies daughter
Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #45
Random WIT

Lenise, that is very cool about the prize from work. VERY cool!

yeah for only 4 days, DP.

I have 8 more school day wake ups before christmas break.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Striving to do low carb this week. Would love to be at 180 by the end of the month.

dinner tonight was a taco salad w/faux rice. think I will take cheese and pepperoni for lunch at work tonight.

watching crossing jordan on netflix. love the show!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #47
Random WIT

you are doing so SO well, Lenise!

long day! near flight in class but was able to manage it before it happened. worked an extra 1/2 hour in my room doing some things I don't have time to do lately. then went and did the interviews for the position. chatted a bit after then came home. talked with dd23 for a bit then breaking news on the tv about a shooting at a huge mall we shop at about an hour from us.

got dh off to work and now relaxing a bit. dd23 left to go to her boyfriend's house for awhile so they can get the apartment application done and faxed over. the lady said she only has 1 coming open and she'll hold it till noon tomorrow for them. it won't be available till the 7th though and they have to be there earlier than that so going to be interesting for them getting their things there with them. we may drive over that weekend before to help get some of it there for them. whew, she's going to be REALLY glad when she is there and settled.

Last edited by stews; 12-11-2012 at 07:25 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

I don't celebrate xmas, but I got my winter decorations out tonight!!! So excited!! A few more things to buy yet!

Lunch is packed. pepperoni, cheese, walnuts, and sweet red pepper slices. sounds good!!

nighty night!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #49
Random WIT

dh got our tree up before he left for work today so I'll decorate it tomorrow. don't feel like it tonight. I'll get home from work earlier tomorrow so can do it then.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #50

We are putting our tree up Friday evening after the kids leave for the last time. I have 3 more days and tomorrow is a 1/2 day I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I hope I'm making some progress, thou at this point I'd almost rather wait until after Christmas to have the baby.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #51
Random WIT

you say that now but the moment she shows signs of appearing you are going to be READY, lol.

I hope my head is better this afternoon. I really do want to finish up and get the tree done. the rest is decorated enough. I didn't get everything out but I have plenty so that's fine.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #52

It's not that I'm not ready...it's just timing and date now. Our friends who would take Kyle leave next week u til the 28th and my mom doesn't come until January 4th. Plus with Christmas just about here I'm nervous it's going to happen ON Christmas!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #53
Random WIT

yeah, I get that .

finally got the tree done. just have to hang the stockings up and then I think I'm done with the inside for this year. I have a village but I don't think I'll put it up. don't feel like messing with it, really. dh usually takes care of that one but he has had ZERO time. I don't even know if he's going to get the outside lights up this year its been so crazy . I mean, its good he's working and the extra money he's making will be nice but I miss seeing the lights when we come home at night or when I leave in the morning when its not quite light yet.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Had our Sweet Adelines christmas banquet tonight. Had a really good time. Going to miss practice for the next couple of weeks. We start again on Jan 3rd.

Just relaxing tonight. Finally got the extra monitor out so I can hook up my laptop. The screen won't stay on for some reason. At least I can do it this way.

Nighty night!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #55

Woohoo. Last day of work for a few months
We are putting our tree up tonight. Kyle is excited.

Making cookies with the kids
Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #56
Random WIT

ack, was in the middle of a post and my computer restarted.

have a great day with the kids and a super family night, DP.

I get to leave a little later than normal for an unplanned late start. we are starting class at 9:30 but having a meeting at 8:00 se we can "vent" and share our concerns over some info that we got yesterday. I am not going as late as I usually do, though. my official start time is 7:30 and I usually get there 10 min. early or so. on late start days I usually get there about 1/2 later give or take.

today I'm going to shoot for right around 7:30. I asked the teacher I work closest with if I can leave early today so I don't really want to come in late too. (well, I do but it wouldn't look good even though he wouldn't care, lol). dh and I are leaving as soon as I get home from work to hopefully finish the shopping. what a weird year this has been for finding time to do that. he's worked so much that there just hasn't been any days to go. we found one other after noon before he started graveyard to look for a few things in town. I think we are going to Portland today since we have a little more time. can't be out late, though because he works tomorrow morning.

anyway, pray we find everything and come up with ideas for the few adults we haven't figured anything out for yet. yikes.

then my plan for the weekend is to maybe start baking and also get wrapping done. once the wrapping is done I can feel like I can enjoy the season instead of seeing so much of what I need to do still. baking, sometimes I don't even do until I get out of work a few days before Christmas so I'm not stressing about that if I don't end up starting. I usually do a marathon baking session and do it all in just 2 or 3 days but we'll see. it would be nice to get a head start if I feel like it.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #57

I'm putting Kyle in daycare Tuesday so I can wrap. I'm not looking forward to it!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #58
Random WIT

I'm not looking forward to it either. I hate it, lol. I used to do it all at once and get it over with and I still WANT to but it hurts my back to spend that much time on it at once.

I just printed out all the recipes (I think) that I need to make christmas goodies. I want to get all the ingredients I need so if I feel like baking at all after work this week I have what I need already.

also printed out a bread recipe to try. I kind of want to give my sourdough starter a try. we'll see if I get to it today or not.

having one more cup of coffee then I think I'll go get ready. I am going to go see if I can pick up a few more things as gifts. we got most of our kids stuff yesterday. it was SO hard to stop shopping for dd23 knowing she needs almost everything for a new apartment. we got a set of pots and pans, set of cookie sheets and a set of bowls at costco. also went to target and got a 8x8 pan, set of serving/cooking spoons (assorted), pack of wooden spoons. can't remember what else, but probably more, lol. oh and I had already gotten her a pasta pot. I need to stop looking *blush*.

I do plan on taking her sometime after Christmas and letting her pick out a few things she wants as a home coming gift. rather than me choosing for her it will give us time together and will be fun for her to choose some things. I did that when dd22 moved out and loved it!

also got the last of what we need for dd22 and ds29 and his girfriend except a couple gc to go with HER gifts. I am going to Michaels to look for drawing supplies for one niece and need a gift for another niece. also a shirt or 2 for dd24's boyfriend to finish up his gift.
also will pick up a few little things for stockings. we do still have our parents to buy for. didn't have time to look for that yesterday and we really don't have much of an idea. yikes!

Last edited by stews; 12-15-2012 at 10:13 AM..
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #59

We got up and had dhs Christmas party. Kyle had fun. I love this time of the year with him.

Too bad I'm sicker than a dog though...like worse than I was a few weeks ago. Seems I'm just picking up anything going around. We have a birthday party this evening and I want to go but I don't know if I can do it. and a party tomorrow. This was the worst weekend to be sick!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #60
Random WIT

ah, I'm sorry you are sick again. I sure do hope its a short lived illness.

I've been gone most of the day. went out and found a few more gifts. not all of them but a little more. then I came home, had some lunch chatted with dd24 then we went to the store and got all the baking supplies I need.

went back out after dd24 left for the evening and found a few more little things.

back home, had a little dinner and am sitting here watching a little tv before dh gets home.