Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Afternoon slimmers!

Our Christmas Eve plans are going to change. Ds15 has ran a fever since wednesday and now dd14 is running a high fever. I think we are going to stay home and watch movies. Dd18 and i may still go to church tonight. We wont be eating anything special since i am not going back to the grocery store.

I think dd18 is going to dip some pb crackers and pretzels later. Also might have her make some pb cookies. Still have 2 presents that need wrapped. Everything else is ready to go.

Charlene: yum homemade rolls!

Beth: what is chinese new year candy?
hhhmom74 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/228.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Hi Everyone!

All of you east of me are pretty well into the Christmas Eve. I'm taking a short break before I go take a shopwer and then deliver some goodies to a few friends. All the baking is done. I'm done!

Rachel--sorry to hear your kids are sick--that's no fun for Christmas. Chinese New Year Candy is incredibly easy and delicious. Its a package of semi sweet chocolate chips and a package of butterscotch chips melted in a double boiler. Add 1 c. chow mein noodles and 1 cup spanish peanuts (I used cashews). Drop small balls (about 1 tbsp) on wax or parchement paper, refrigerate till set. Its wonder ful.

Anyway--off to the shower.

Have a great holiday.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

Been up since 4:30 waiting on my kids to wake up. I'm still more excited than they are when it comes to Christmas! However, I did give dd14 a benedryl last night for allergies. She's probably in a medicine fog. lol!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! We are staying home and enjoying the day with just us.

Rachel - so sorry your kids are sick. Hope they feel better for Christmas morning.

Beth - your candy in the sleigh looked awesome.

Diane - hope you are enjoying yourself. Your cookies looked wonderful too!

Last edited by sports_mom; 12-25-2012 at 03:58 AM..
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Merry Christmas everyone! I am exhausted, and I didn't even have that much to do! Well, the baking took a lot out of me that's for sure! The most "Christmasy" I felt was when Meadow was here.. watching Rudolph together, baking cookies, dancing in the kitchen to Jingle Bell Rock. Leave it to a child..

I haven't weighed yet today, but I know its still baaaaad.. very bad! I am retaining a LOT of water.. I can tell, my hands feel puffy! After today I am getting on track and drinking LOTS of water. Im not waiting until New Years.. I have no plans anyway, so no time like now! (... or tomorrow)

Beth: Wow, all the goodies you made looked so yummy! I thought about doing some sort of candy as well, but was so bogged down with all the cookies, there was just no way! I think Im going down to make the cinnamon roll sugar cookies in a bit. The recipe makes 6 DOZEN though.. looks like Ill be giving a lot away!

Charlene: I remember many years I was up until it was almost time to GET up wrapping presents! Even when I tried to get as much done ahead of time, there was still SO much to do. It's nice to actually get some sleep Christmas Eve.. but.. the past three days or so I still wake up feeling really tired! I dont get it!

Rachel: Awww, so sorry the kids are sick. I hope they feel better enough to enjoy the day!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you are having a great Christmas. I've put the potatoes in the oven for double baked blue cheese potatoes. We're having prime rib. My db and sil sent us one for xmas, but I was going to make a standing rib roast anyway so it was a great gift. I'm already for the gym. I received a personal heart monitor, workout gloves by b-grl, and yoga pants! It has been a very nice christmas. My db sent me texts/pix of the family opening gifts last night and we did the same. Zora was so very funny, she was like having a toddler around, wanting to carry around the presents and open them. My nephews used to be like that with everyone's gifts. She had me laughing.

Diane--Children really do make Christmas. You must have had so much fun with Meadow! The candy was really easy--the easiest thing that I made, took about 15 minutes. I gave away just about all of my baking so there will be less to tempt me after today. And they will all be gone by the new year!

Charlene--how did your kids enjoy their christmas morning? I still get excited by Christmas. My nephews are really excited about seeing snow in Dallas. Growing up in California they haven't seen much of it.

Rachel--how are your kids feeling today? Have a great day!

Have fun all!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #66

Merry christmas slimmers!

We had a very nice christmas. Dd14 is still running a high fever. Ds15 seems to be doing better. Everyone seemed to get way too many presents.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I haven't exercised since last Friday so I am going to hit it today. As soon as I have my coffee. It is coooool out there. The wind is whipping and it's reading 27 so with the wind, I'm sure it feels much cooler. There is a snow dusting on the ground but we didn't get what they did in the Dallas area. I was reading about lots of wrecks too. If the roads clear up, I may take my dds shopping and let them spend some Christmas money plus I need some groceries for everyday living.

Rachel - glad your kids had a good Christmas and I know exactly what you mean about too many presents. Sure hope those fevers break.

Beth - so glad you had a fun Christmas and isn't technology great for keeping up with relatives?!? The dig sounds like a hoot!

Diane - let's get back on this healthy food wagon! I'll go fill my water up as soon I send this off.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I hope you all had a great holiday. We had a huge winter storm yesterday--lots and lots of rain. After dinner dh was cleaning up the kitchen and started the dishwasher when the nasty downstairs neighbor came up and said that water was shooting out of their sink. We turned off our dishwasher but they were still having a problem. They've had plumbing problems for the entire year that they've been here. The owners better get this fixed immediately because I'm not washing my dishes by hand while they screw around with it. This morning I wake up to the landscapes "trimming" a bush on the side of the hill. There is nothing but sticks left--that's not trimming that's butchering. We have bigger fish to fry than trimming one little bush on the side of the hill. I need to call our property manager who never ever returns our calls. I'm going to nominate myself for the Board because I've had enough of the do nothing board we currently have.

Charlene--they had about 2-3 inches of snow in Dallas and my nephews were out having a snowball fight. They've never been in snow. I sent my db a picture of the rain and he said it made him homesick. Time for us all to get back on the exercise wagon. I've been checking out my new heartrate monitor so I'm ready for the gym today.

Diane--how was your Christmas?

Rachel--are the kids doing better?

Off to the day!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:09 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. So much for sleeping in during the holidays. DH got up at 4:00 to go hunting. I downloaded some books on my kindle fire, so I am in the reading mode again and have been staying up late, getting up early to read. I did a good workout yesterday and ate very clean, but did not get in my water. I spent the day in Waco shopping. Found a cool second hand shop called Another Season and bought me a couple of dressy outfits for church/work. I also went to Hobby Lobby and stocked up on Christmas wrapping paper, tulle, cookie tins, etc. for next year at 66% off. Then I did my grocery shopping at a big HEB. It was just me - my girls have no desire to shop. LOL

Beth - stay warm and dry! So sorry about the plumbing issue - not like you needed something else to worry about in that department.

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying your day!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I got struck with the stomach bug or something. Not doing well keeping anything in my stomach. UGH!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #71

Afternoon Slimmers!

This virus is nuts!! DS15 is on day 9 and he sounds like he is going to shatter his lungs. DD14 is on day 4 and her cough is getting awful. DD18 is on day 1. She has been in bed the entire day. My brother and nephew are on day 1. This is crazy stuff and seems to last forever.

I got all the Christmas decorations put away this morning. Still working on laundry.

Charlene: hope you feel better soon!

Beth: yikes on the dishwasher/rain mess!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel
Has your ds been to the doctor? Has he been tested for pertussis or pneumonia? 9 days is a really long time.

Charlene. Hope you get over this soon

I'm not having a good day. Still no sink. I'm having a very difficult time. The problem is from those nasty pigs below me and impacting us again. I want to take a baseball bat to them. Good thing I don't have one.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #73

Beth: i havent taken DS to the dr. The virus seems to be lasting 10 days. Alot of show choir kids have had it. I am watching him closely because he does tend to get pneumonia easily. How soon are your nasty neighbors moving?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All!

Its 5:30 and I still can't use my kitchen sink and the plumbers, who finally showed up at 2, have left and the drain isn't fixed. It is blocked so badly that they can't get it cleaned out. They have to come back tomorrow and cut into the walls and cut out the pipe. At least it is in the nasty neighbors unit and not in mine. I sent the first guy away this morning because he wanted to come into my unit and take apart my sink to get to the drain, rather than down stairs, closer to the problem, and they were asleep at 9 am and not answering the door. And the other guys that did show up have done work here before and know about what some of the problems are in this development. They will be back tomorrow but who knows if the lazy so and sos wiill be up to let the plumbers in. I am so over them. I broke down big time today because once again, for the upteenth time, they have interfered with my life. They have to be out by the end of the month.

Rachel--have your kids been vacinated for pertussis (whooping cough)? It is making a big comeback, particularly in younger kids. If he isn't better by tomorrow I would take him to the doctor. Better safe than sorry. Poor kid, being so sick on break--and the rest of your kids too. Have they quarentined your house yet?

Charlene--how are feeling?

Diane--How about you?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #75

Beth: yes my kiddos have all been vaccinated. Actually we had a scare several years back the drs thought i had it. Pediatrician gave meds to my kids but said they should be fine since they had their vaccines. I will probably call his dr tomorrow to see. So sorry you are having to continue to deal with your nasty neighbors.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I am much better. Stayed in bed until 4:00 p.m. yesterday then went to bed for the night at 8! I feel rested. I did get down some shirataki noodles with spaghetti sauce last night even though I had broth on hand in case I couldn't stomach it. Nasty stuff, that virus!

Beth - I am so sorry about these neighbors. They are certainly making sure they are going out in style, huh? *rolls eyes* I hate that you have to deal with this. Just a few more days....

Rachel - wow, y'all have it bad there. I bet you are going behind everyone with Clorox! Poor kids. Poor you! Hope they start feeling better soon and you don't get it!

Diane - are you enjoying your time off? I got in a lot of water yesterday - mainly because I was afraid to get dehydrated, but now I'm in that mode that I want water...so my cup if full.

I may take my kids to the movie later and then dh is at the boats gambling and he texted me at midnight and wants to know if we want to join him a few days - sooooo.....that means he won. hehehe This is an every Christmas trip but I sent him alone yesterday when I was ill. And, found out last night dd14 has basketball practice this morning, so I'm glad we didn't.

Have a great day!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I had a post yesterday, but in the middle of it I got distracted with something on another page, and then by accident closed the browser! Anyway, the past few days I have been easing into better eating, and while I have lost a couple lbs, I still have a LOT to go! After 4 days of no gym I went back yesterday for a step class since pilates was cancelled.. it felt great to get back to it! Today was another step class, not as intense as yesterdays though. I got new gym shoes since my old ones were DEAD and hurting my feet bad every time in step class for the past few weeks.. my new shoes are AWESOME! They are the most comfy shoes Ive ever had.. there's gel in em! Love them! I wore them today for the first time and OH what a difference!

Charlene: Glad you are feeling better! A lot of people here in Cinci that I know have had a reeeeally bad stomach bug. One friend of mine took his wife and daughters the hospital because they were dehydrated. Yuck.. Ive been lucky so far! (For some reason in step class today I had to sit down for about the last 10 mins because my stomach aches for a short time then I felt really queasy.. I finished the ab part of the class and have felt find since.. weird!) ... yes! I am really enjoying my time off! I spent some time yesterday cleaning out dresser drawers and cleaning my bedroom.. getting re-organized. I hope to get some art done today!

Beth: Oh man! That sounds like what happened with my kitchen sink at my old house.. I didnt have use of my sink or dishwasher the last month I lived there! My plumber came out and worked on it for an hour straight and couldnt get it cleared! It was awful. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Rachel: Hope the kids are feeling better! I had thought of pertussis as well, but yeah you would think as kids they would be covered. I know as adults, it wears off over time. My boss recently had pertussis AND pneumonia!

Last edited by Annie64; 12-28-2012 at 07:31 AM..
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I'm feeling better today, not great but better. Must take my jeep in for an oil change and to have the brake light fixed. I have to turn in my leased car on Monday and then will drive the 12 yo jeep until I find a new job. It runs well and its not like I'm going very far. And there will be no car or insurance payment on it for a while. Gym later. Grocery shopping. Not that I can cook or anything. Which means I can't bake either. I guess that isn't all bad.

Charlene--glad you're feeling better. Have fun today. And take it easy, it takes that bug a while to get better. Look at how long Hilary Clinton has been out with it.

Rachel--Christmas decorations already put away? Wow! We leave ours up, usually until after January 7th, which is Serbian Christmas. We don't do the same traditions that dh did when he was growing up, but we try to acknowledge it (it is also dh's mom's birthday)

Diane--glad you are easing back into better eating. I have 4 more days and a lot of baked goods to get rid of. But mentally I'm getting ready.

Off to get ready for the day. Have a good one!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Beth: I miss my Jeep! I love my Taurus X, but I really miss that "zip" a jeep has. Needless to say, I do not pull out in traffic unless I know I have plenty of room to do so. I need to get an oil change and my tires rotated.. Ill get that done after New Years when I have to money to do it. .... I am feeling more "normal" after eating better the past few days, but ohhh my on Christmas night I felt like I was going to literally explode! I felt every pound I had lost over the past four years banging on the door to come back! I felt SO gross and bloated and I dont ever want to feel like that again!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:43 AM   #80

Good morning slimmers!

I think my kiddos are finally starting to all feel better. DS15 is coughing less finally. I am still watching him closely just in case pneumonia sets in.

Today we have a big day planned for all 5 of us. We are heading to springfield to do some shopping. My kids got gift cards to Scheels (think bass pro shop times 10). I am sure they will be buying under armour and north face stuff. I also want to hit up hobby lobby for some crafting supplies. DD18 and I are going to do some pinterest projects this week.

Beth: yes i already took all my christmas stuff done because show choir season is starting and i wont have any free time until the end of march. I hate that it is all put away but its nice to have my house back in order. My dad drives a Jeep Rubicon. He is talking about trading it in for a truck but DD14 is begging him to keep it until atleast march 23 when she turns 15. She will get her learners driving permit that day and wants to drive the jeep so bad.

Diane: yikes about your boss. Thats scary! What kind of new shoes did ya get? I am going to need some new ones soon.

Charlene: glad you are feeling better! Chlorox wipes and I have been best friends lately! Lol. Any chance you are on facebook?
Old 12-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning from Bossier City, La.!! The girls and I decided to join dh after dd14 got out of bb practice. He took us to a Cajun place to eat dinner last night called Crawdaddy's Kitchen. Wonderful food and most of what I ate was pretty legal. We also brought along an extra girl friend just to hang out with the girls. Our bill at the restaurant was about $115 and the girls were mortified at the cost, but dh said, "Thank the guy at the casino for this meal, because it's his money I'm spending." Last Christmas when we came to the boardwalk, dh won enough money to pay for the whole trip plus gave each of us girls a $100 bill to go shopping. We are planning on taking the girls back to the boardwalk today. I guess all those poker shows he watches on TV help because he doesn't come here very often and he only plays cards, but he usually does really well. Dh was kind of excited because he sat at a table and talked with Jerry Van ****, brother of Dick Van **** and a member of the TV show Coach, if any of you use to watch that. Pretty cool!

I'm, of course, up before anyone in the hotel (which I got free with my Wyndham rewards points!) and so I'm in the lobby having a legal breakfast and coffee, typing on the IPad.

Beth- so the sink is now unclogged? What the heck was blocking it that it took so long? What an awful experience for you!

Diane - glad you're on the food mend and getting back on track. Boy the holidays can take it out of you, huh? I know it took me a while to get back on track. I haven't exercised like I want but I have been doing better eating.

Rachel - glad your family is better. Y'all have fun shopping! Yes, look me up on Facebook! I'm listed as Charlene Kageler Stony Coffman. Dh likes to look but doesn't want his own page so we share.

What's everyone's plans for New Years? We have an annual get together with a old friend fellow coach taking turns having it at our homes. This time it's at ours - yay since we are in the new place! We do snacks and games on New Years Eve and then cook a good New Years Day dinner. We've done this for the past several years and its become a tradition and it keeps us off the roads and with our families.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

I can't believe it bleeped out d y k e as a name! Lol
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

There is a gang of guys outside who I believe are there to move the nasty neighbors. They loaded the truck yesterday so hopefully today everything else will be gone! It will just be the best present ever to have them out of here. The last year has been like chinese water torture. I've only once every had a neighbor as bad as these (actually they were worse because they brought cockroaches so bad that it grossed out the exterminator). Living next to these people is like living in the ghetto. If I were to drive by to look at a place to buy and saw the cars they drove, I wouldn't even consider it. I finally was able to talk to the Owners (who were our friends). We will have conversation about the items they include in their lease (like no smoking at all). Any way--I'll be so relieved.

I am hoping to go to the gym today but am not feeling that great, and wasn't so much yesterday either. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted. DH said he wanted chicken and dumplings. I've never made it before but I am going to find a good recipe and make some.

DH is playing a gig on NYE. We've played the last two years at the same place and it pays pretty well. They have 3 other gigs between now and valentines day, one is corporate party that also pays well. We need more of those.

Charlene--have a great time. I remember Jerry Van****. How fun to see him. I hope your dh wins some more. We went to Tahoe a few years back and went to a casino on the NV side. I like to play the penny slots. DH comes up to me and says "How much money do you have?". I said about $100. He says "Give it to me". Ten minutes later he comes back, gives me my $100, gives me another $200, hands our friend $100 and is still holding $200. He played the $10 slots and won. He said he was feeling lucky.

Rachel--glad you kids are feeling better and you're heading off for some fun shopping.

Diane--how are you doing? The guys who worked on our jeep (its a grand cherokee) told us not to get rid of it, it was in really good shape and we wouldn't get what it was worth. We use it for hauling gear to and from gigs. When we do get my next car it is going to be a Honda CRV. I turn in my car on Monday.

Have a great day all.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Home safe and sound - arrived about 9:00 last night. The girls and I shopped all day on the boardwalk and then drove home and got a few geocaches along the way. I got a couple of cute tops but the bulk of the money dh gave us I spent on the girls. Ate totally legal yesterday but felt I ate a lot. Now to get ready for our company. They will arrive here between 12 and 1 today. I have been on Pinterest finding good recipes, plus I know I'll make some of my old favorites. I'm sure the guys will do football all day, and hopefully, the gal and I can pick up where we left off. Haven't seen her since this time last year. We may visit the old junk store down the road for Pinterest ideas. hehehe

Beth - I am so glad your peaceful atmosphere is about to return! I know you are going to be ecstatic. I wonder how nasty their place looks when it's all empty?

Rachel - yay you found me on Facebook! Can't wait to go look at pictures. I haven't had time yet with all the driving and playing we've been doing. How was your shopping day? Are the kids any better?

Diane - how are you doing? Nothing feels better than a good new pair of workout shoes! Hope you enjoy them.

Well, I'm off to prep for company and make a run to the store for essentials like milk and bread. Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

just lost a long post ARGGGG!

Anyway, went to the gym yesterday, met my goal of 12 workout in December (and I may get another one in too).

The nasty neighbors are gone, although their nasty@$$ cars are still here, but should be gone by the end of the day tomorrow or they will be towed by the end of the week.

Charlene--sounds like you had a good time.

Rachel--how are the kids.

Diane--loved the pix of Meadow, what a cutie!

Have a great day. Putting on my Roadie and Sound Chick hats today, setting up for tomorrow's gig this afternoon.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #86

Just a quick post. Kids seem good except DS still has a lingering cough. Now me on the other hand, i am fighting it. No fever yet but sore throat since yesterday at lunch.

Tomorrow night we are having DHs family over for supper. So lots of cleaning and food prep to do tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! All my guests arrived yesterday and we had good homemade chilli for supper last night. My friend and I hit the junk store and found a few items. I didn't find anything for Pinterest, but I got me a plyo box for my step ups and a mirror for my exercise room. I also grabbed a few items I thought would make great geocache containers. She got an almost brand new ice cream maker for $5!

Rachel - glad everyone's on the mend. Praying you don't get it! Have fun with your company.

Diane and Beth - Are either of you having any New Years Eve plans tonight? Oh, Beth - see you're playing a gig tonight - have fun with that!

Food prepping today - making some buffalo chicken dip, bacon wrapped chicken for the grill and other snack foods for this evening. Then tomorrow, I am baking a ham, making a cabbage potato dish and black eyed peas plus homemade rolls.

Have a great day! I think I'll hit the treadmill while everyone's asleep!

Last edited by sports_mom; 12-31-2012 at 05:54 AM..
Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh happy day! I finally got my school money, so I went food shopping and bought things to eat after tonight (roast turkey, sausage, chicken, tuna, etc... Tomorrow I am going STRICT. It felt great to feel normal shopping.. to not worry about counting every dollar! I DID go back to Shoe Carnival to get another pair of workout shoes so I have an alternate pair.. but of COURSE they have the BOGO 1/2 off.. so I got a great pair of pink shoes, and a pair of blue ones! They are light and comfy too, so I cant wait to wear them in step class. I plan to start really putting my all into my workouts, so the shoes are kind of an investment. One reason I am investing in shoes is the fact that my feet were really starting to hurt from my old ones, and Im wondering if that is why my knees were hurting so much more lately! The first time I wore new shoes it was like night/day difference! Live and learn!

Rachel: Glad the kids are feeling better! I hope you fight it off!.. The shoes I got are Asics. I went back today and got another pair of Asics! I can't remember the brand of my 1/2 off pair, but they are really nice. Other than some new shirts to workout in I am done shopping for me!

Charlene: Actually I DO have plans tonight! A friend from painting class invited me over. Its just her and a few other gals I dont know, but it will be my "last hurrah" since there will be pizza and wings, lol.. we are going to play games too, so it sounds like my kind of fun! I NEVER go out on New Years, well, not late anyway, Im usually safe at home at midnight, so this will be different for me! I get a bit freaked out driving after midnight on New Years. She only lives about 15-20 mins away, and I plan to be super careful!

Beth: Yay! They are gone! Great way to start the new year! Have fun at the gig tonight!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

Hope you're have a great last day of 2012. I'll be so glad when it is next year. The neighbors are gone but they still have their nasty@$$ big panel truck and decrepit old pontiac (that he thinks is worth $37k) sitting here. I've alread sent an email to the HOA so if they are still here on the 2nd they can start proceding to tow them since they don't live here anymore. DH went down under their balconies and picked up all the garbage and cigarette butts. I left it next to the front door so the owners can enjoy it too. .

Not feeling great today. Had more band drama last night and I walked out. I only agreed to go back and run the sound tonight because dh asked me to. The guitar player is an absolute diva, shows up an hour late (we've already been there two hours setting up and then he starts being an @-hole about the sound setup). I've dealt with men like that all of my professional life and I WILL NOT put up with that It was just too disrespectful for words. ARG.

Diane--I have Asics too! I've asked for another pair of shoes for my birthday because they are starting to get a little sloppy and we really do need new shoes more often, they make a big difference in how our body works. Have fun tonight! Glad to hear that you got your school money and can relax a little bit. What's going on witht he child support?

Charlene-have a great time tonight.

Rachel--you too!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah ! Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah!

They are gone, gone gone gone gone!

All the nasty cars are gone. Dh and I went out and literally scrubbed the driveway and stairs and swept out the parking places and put our cars back where we always parked them for the last 15 years before they took over. Then we took 2 essential oils that are good for clearing negativity and sprinkled them all over the driveway, down the stairs, over the balcony and around our cars to clean out the bad juju.

Yeah