Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! Got in a band concert and another bb game last night. I just realized, we don't get one stinking night off this week. Monday night open house and bb. Tuesday night bb and band concert, tonight church, tomorrow night dd12 bb tourney, Friday night dd14 bb and Saturday dd12 tourney. Plus I told the girls they could have a group of friends and I'd take them geocaching. LOL I'm going to be soooooooo ready for next weekend and my Christmas break! I have wanted to fire up the fireplace in the new house but we are never home to do it.

Beth - so glad you got all that stuff figured out. I know you'll be glad when it's all settled and you don't have to deal with paperwork anymore. Yes, I have always gotten up early - before 4:00 a.m. and if I know I'm going to bake or something, I will get up 3:00ish. Even before I began my working out and eating right, I would get up and do household chores. I LOVE the early mornings....this is my time.

Diane - what what!?? hehehe Well, that's awesome you got to chat. Let us know when the Starbucks thing happens.

Y'all have a great day!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Regardless of what happens... it was nice to wake up and actually smile for the first time in soooo long. (Obviously I have smiled this year, but I haven't woken up and smiled).. I had to think for a second if the video chat actually happened, but then I smiled... I felt like the Grinch when he smiles for the first time

Well if anything lights a fire under my booty, knowing Ill be seeing him soon has! My went back up just a tad, but TOM started last night! How did I not know again? I guess I haven't been keeping track as well as I was. I thought I had at least another week! Well, that explains some of the weight and eating the past week. Being good now! Just watch that scale go down!

Charlene: Believe me I will let you know how it goes. Wow, you are busy! My boss has a schedule like that every week, with four boys in sports and scouts.. EVERY night there is something. I remember those days! Em turns 18 on Sunday.. then ALL my babies will be adults! That is going to be weird!

Beth: I too love a real tree. Last year was the first time I had a fake.. it was small and free and pre-lit.. I actually liked it, but I had no place to store it and it didn't fold up or come apart that I could tell anyway, so I had to get rid of it. Back to real this year! My parents always got real trees too.. so its tradition.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/229.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning all!

Today is a gym day. It is also a significant day for dh--it is is 26th sober birthday on 12-12-12. 12 is his lucky number. I'm very proud of him, he is a miracle. I'm heading out to do some more xmas shopping in an hour. I went yesterday and they didn't have what I wanted and I didn't have a lot of time. I have a little bit more time today (but not a lot since I must get to the gym) and there is rehearsal tonight.

Diane--glad to hear that you woke up smiling! And that its was a little kick to help get you back on track.

Charlene--you are one busy person. Kudos to you for working full time, raising your family and going to all of their events and taking such great care of yourself. But how much sleep do you get?

Gotta get moving. Have a good day.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE GIRLS! I'm up 5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not done this since the beginning! "OH, one piece" has led to two, then a totally different way of eating! I have not had this bad of a slip up in over a year!!! I absolutely have to stick to plan. I'm not an "oh, one piece" kind of girl. Doesn't work for me. I'm sick. Absolutely sick!!! I guess it started with Thanksgiving because I had a few tablespoons of this and that, then chips at a restaurant where I use to never touch them, and then last night I ate 2 pieces of pizza. Took my L-Glutamine this morning and am putting a stash in my lunchbox I carry around. I have got to get this under control! Heading to my "gym" out in the poolroom now to sweat my patootie off! UGH!!!

Diane - you go girl! Come on, we can do this!!!! So glad you've got a smile on your face!

Beth - you are really rocking the gym workouts. Keep it up!! That is so cool about the 12-12-12 thing. Your dh should have bought a lottery ticket last night. hehehe I actually went out and got a geocache yesterday and got a virtual souvenir for the 12-12-12 thing on my profile page on the geocache website.

HERE I GO!!!! By this time next week, these pounds WILL BE GONE!

Have a great day!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:07 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Got a good workout in and downloaded the Atkins app on my phone and tracked my morning so far. Gonna get back to induction level foods until I see my siggy number again.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:58 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick check-in.. have to run to pilates class. I am down about 2 lbs since yesterday, so from my highest ridiculous weight of 191 I am down about 4.5 lbs. TOM is here with a vengeance this time, and Im guessing its because I didnt take the BC pills for a week. Yet another reminder why I need to keep taking them! Once I get back to around 182 I will feel somewhat "normal" but then I hope to NEVER see the 80s again! (and CERTAINLY not the 90s!)

Well I got an A on my biology final, which is great but Ill end up probably with a B in the class because of a couple times I didnt do my work.. I fell asleep not feeling good.. shouldnt have waited until the last night! Good thing the final was online and that I am VERY quick at looking things up or I would have been in trouble! lol

Charlene: Dont feel TOO bad, 5 lbs is a lot better than how much I was and am up! If I go by siggie weight I was up 16 lbs! Holy Cow! I am going by 178 ish which if where I was hanging around after a brief visit at 175. (even so thats still 13 lbs!) I did really good yesterday and I know I will today too. This is a hard month to be good in! We can do it! After having a HUGE reminder of how easily and quickly I can gain, I hope I never fall that far off the wagon again!

Beth: Hi, have a super day, Ill check back in later to see if you've posted.

Last edited by Annie64; 12-13-2012 at 05:00 AM..
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon all!

This will be short since I am typing on my iPad. My laptop broke when it was dropped yesterday. Just took it in.

I am seeing boxes and furniture appear in the neighbors garage, which is a really good sign that they are moving!

Working on Xmas cards today and resting my knee. Even have a brace on it.

Bbl for personals
Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Up early to ice a cake I baked last night for DD14's coach. It's called Too Much Chocolate Cake. Today is her birthday and they have an away game and so we did that from the team as well as a Coach's Survival Kit with things like Hot Tamales candy (saying " to help your team warm up quickly"), Laffy Taffy (to help you remember to keep your sense of humor), Extra Gum (to help your team stick together and show our appreciation for all the extra time you put in).....etc. It's a bag full of goodies. DD really likes this coach and so do I! She's the same one we stayed up late hand drawing and painting an elf for her school door.

Diane - wow, I didn't realize how far you were from siggy! I bet you were stressed out about that! But, look, you're already heading back down. I'm down 1.2 from yesterday. Ate totally legal. I caught myself once reaching for that "one bite" and slapped my hand. hehehe

Beth - I've done the old typing on the Ipad when all the devices are used. Heck, I think I typed from my phone once while away on a trip. LOL I'm EXCITED you see boxes!!! Yippee!!!

Heading to the treadmill. Have a GREAT day!!

Last edited by sports_mom; 12-14-2012 at 02:34 AM..
Old 12-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Down a tad more at 185.8. I worked hard in step class this morning.. whew! TOM should be leaving soon so I hope he takes a few more lbs with him! And good riddance!

I thought of something.. a friend of mine who used to tutor the autistic boy I take care of had told me a while back about training to tutor like she does.. I think she said its 6 weeks long (I think on Saturdays), and it would be something I could make my own hours AND that might allow me to continue on in school and go for the degree I REALLY want.. art ed! Just a thought... a possibility..

Beth: Woo Hoo! It IS looking good about the neighbors moving! Awesome! My car honker hasn't been honking lately.. I guess the office manager finally DID say something to her.

Charlene: See! I told ya! You've got nothing on me! (scale being up-wise). The only way to go is down, right? Thanks goodness I have a fire re-lit under my booty. I dont care what the reason is, its working! lol
Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I've jacked dh's laptop to use while mine is being fixed. I hope that I get it back by Monday so that I can get a few things off of it that I need for xmas gifts. I have my shopping done for those things I have to send to Texas. A few things have been ordered and should be here early next week. I just need to order one more thing for DH (they don't have it in the local store). It will be a simple holiday. I am going to finish xmas cards today and decorate the tree. Oh, and go to the gym.

Diane--glad to hear the scale is on the way down. You should be there soon. The tutoring sounds like a great idea!

Charlene--you baked a cake? Man you are amazing! Good for you for staying on track and slapping that hand!

Its cold today and may rain. I just chugged down the first 2 1/2 c of water for the day. I've been reading this book called Younger Next Year and it talks heavily about exercise. Glad that I'm into the groove on exercise. Thursday was my 100th visit to the gym since I joined!

Have a good day all!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

In a funk all day yesterday with the news of the Connecticut shooting. Cried off and on all day.

Made Orange Cookies last night (started baking for this upcoming week- school platters and such) and 2 batches of cinnamon rolls (one for the group of girls I'll have here this weekend and one for dd12's bb tournament. I will be baking a lot over the next few days for various functions and then come next Friday, I'll be off for the holidays and I can't wait!

Beth - it's raining here as well. I'll have to look that book up. 100 visits - that's awesome! I guess I'll head out to my little workout room this morning and do some kind of movement.

Diane - that's a good thought about the tutoring. It's certainly something worth checking in to.

Busy day ahead. DD12's game this morning. DD14 to a church function most of day then home with a large group of kids to go geocaching and then they just want to hang out and play XBOX and Wii. I think I'll order pizza for supper and then cook breakfast the next morning. Then Sunday, my sis and I are supposed to go shopping together to get the last of our lists. I need only some Chinese gift exchange gifts and one for my Pokeno night.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was such a funky day, with the tragedy in CT. I made progress on my
holiday cards but am not quite finished. And I made it to the gym. I may go today just to do cardio with dh. I upped my weights a little so my muscles in my back are sore today. Interesting that they are sore since I've actually been at higher weight before. I swear, you just fall apart quicker as you get older. And I hope to get the tree decorated today. And we have a massage scheduled, which may mean I don't go to the gym tomorrow. I'm usually really sore after a massage and its been six weeks since I've gone.

Charlene--you are a baking fool! In a good way. I'm .amazed that you can bake all that and then not eat it. I'm sure the shooting in CT but feel even worse for teachers everywhere--feeling really close to home.

Diane--congrats on getting an A on your final. Awesome! How is the scale treating you today?

Have a good day everyone!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, yesterday was a dark dark day huh? I was actually in the best mood Ive been in in a while, then boom.. I checked facebook and the posts were just beginning.. so I turned on the news. Wow. Just wow.

Anyway, I didnt do that bad yesterday, but the scale went up about a lb today. I did step class this morning, but once again skipped yoga. I forgot to take my Prilosec this morning in the rush to get out the door and I was feeling it in step class.. no way I could have done yoga.

I may start the cookie baking soon myself.. Im just afraid if I make them too soon, with three of my kids living with me, that they wont last until Christmas even in the freezer!

Beth: You're doing great getting to the gym!

Charlene: Im nervous about making all the cookies I have to make.. because I know I WILL eat some of them.. just hopefully not too many. I ate them last year and actually LOST weight in December.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Well, I had a house full last night. dd12 decided at the last minute to have 2 girls over. dd14 had 3 girls and 2 very good guy friends. After their big day at a trampoline park in Dallas, none of them wanted to go geocaching so they hung here. They seemed to have a blast playing wii, playing hide n seek outside, sitting around in big circles having teen conversations. I'm sure some weren't appropriate because they would whisper and laugh but, hey, they were here and safe, and I loved listening to the laughter and fun they were having right here. I took the boys home at midnight and all the girls slept over. Pizza was perfect - no cooking for me - except a batch of cookies for them to munch on afterwards.

Out of the blue, my step dad called me and asked if we would come see him and my mother. He promised in the conversation that everything is "water under the bridge" and no bad stuff from the past will be brought up ever again. They just want to see us. My heart is so guarded, but I told them I would bring the girls by next weekend. Sure stirred up some emotions. Lil' sis was a little upset by it because she and I are the ones who steer clear, but she told me I have her blessings but she doesn't think she will go with me. Especially in the wake of the tragedy, I am willing to go in hopeful....but with shields up.

Beth - hope you got those cards done and are enjoying looking out your window to the moving boxes. How are you feeling today? Is the soreness subsiding? I'm about to get out in my workout room and get sore myself.

Diane - Yes, I've tasted, but very limited. I think I'm going to do for the two schools - this tray of "dustpan cookies". There's a poem I copy onto a card and set the cookies spilling out over a new, washed dustpan on the tables. It's such a cute idea. I also copy a cute broom and dustpan clip art on the card. Here's the poem:

I was in a hurry,
‘Cuz time was running out.
I’d baked a batch of cookies for you,
And when I turned about,
I saw they’d fallen on the floor,
It made me want to shout!
How could this happen at this time,
When time was running out?
I couldn’t throw them in the trash.
Whatever could I do?
I quickly swept them in this pan,
And rushed them off to you!

Have a good day! Making breakfast for this crew, taking them to church where hopefully they will be picked up, and then heading out to do my last shopping.

Last edited by sports_mom; 12-16-2012 at 05:16 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening everyone!

I was supposed to go to the gym today but decided to give it a break today. I was really sore since I had a massage yesterday (first in 6 weeks). We also trimmed the xmas tree today. Its been up since Tuesday when we brought it home but hadn't gotten around to finishing. I have 37 silver snowflake ornaments from the Metropolitan Museum of Art that my mother gave me me each year since 1975. I decided to actually polish them this year (I haven't done that for a while) which took a little time. And then we put up ALL of the ornaments that we had from our childhood and those received over the years, including some that my mom made. Each ornament has a story and we talked about most of the stories. I was really comforted by putting up things from my mom and others. It felt like she was here with us and dh was really enthusiastic as he unwrapped them. I had forgotten about a lot of them. I really wanted a tree this year even though we will not have much of a Christmas. The year that Kona died we didn't bother with any decorations, I just didn't have it in me. But this felt good. I've been really emotional the last few days, and I'm OK with that, its part of the process.

Charlene--sounds like a really fun night, listening to your kids and their friends. They grow up too soon. Good for you for going to see your mom. Family relationships can be really tough and complicated and messy and difficult. I've had my share of those things with my family. But you never know how long we have. I am very fortunate that I have no regrets with my mom, and I can tell you it wasn't always the case.

Diane--how are you doing today?

I'll check in with you all tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, my weight has been up and down and all over the place! It was back up to 189 this morning! I didn't do that great at work today either, but I feel like Im craving healthy food now. On the way home I stopped by the store and got stuff for salad and Im going to make a bunch of taco meat for salads and to maybe mix with scrambled eggs.. Also got tuna and a few other things. Hopefully I can be REALLY good the rest of the week! I have got to get this weight off FAST! I'm going to lowcarb it for a while. (Im not sure how to handle my Starbucks sugar free mocha light frappucino addiction though... they are low calorie, and normally I can still lose drinking them, but if Im LOWcarbing, I dont know if I can get away with it!

Boy when they started showing the pictures of the children, it made it all so much more real. Poor sweet babies..

Charlene: Dustpan cookies! What a cute/funny idea! I hope things go well with your visit with your mom.

Beth: The tree the girls bought still isnt decorated.. no one wants to put the lights on! I guess I'll have to do it, then I'm sure they will decorate it. I usually do most of it myself, and they have certain ornaments they like to put on, but this year I really have no, and I mean NO desire to do anything Christmasy. Ill bake the cookies but unless I get a bonus that will literally be IT. Sucks!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. I've been baking morning and evening and still have so much to do. I sat huge trays of cookies out at both my girls' schools yesterday and they were demolished by the end of the day. I was asked for recipes for several items. I also will make candy popcorn and cookies for both daughters' friends for gifts and then one of my past student who was paralyzed last year, I am going to see him and take him cookies. I haven't seen him since graduation. Two coaches have asked for oatmeal raisin cookies as well. hehehe

Beth - the tree sounds fantastic and you have such great memories. What a blessing you have all those ornaments with all those stories. Hope you get un-sore soon. .

Diane - Prepping my food is the sure fire way for me to stick to plan. Hope that helps you too.

Working out and doing a tray of cookies for dh's school also. Have a GREAT day!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning All!

I went to the gym yesterday and worked out hard, so hard that I was literally shaking when I left and felt spent the rest of the day. I really didn't work out particularly harder than normal but I was really feeling it. I slept for 10 hours last night! Today I must hang around the house all day waiting for the guy who is coming to inspect my car since my lease is up at the end of the month. We've had a series of things not working lately--the drain in our kitchen since fell apart Saturday night, the undercabinet light in 1/2 of the kitchen, our special remote that controls everything, my laptop dropped, our water heater went out,and the brake light on our jeep (the car I will now be driving until I go back to work). The guy that installed the sink came out Saturday night and put it back together but since he isn't a plumber, we've called a plumber who is coming on Thursday, as well as the electrician. My laptop is in the hands of a friend who is going to fix it, we have to get the jeep in this week (we tried to change the bulb and that didn't fix it so its more complicated), and we've tried fixing all of the parts on the remote (its expensive). Now we're getting a new battery. Geez--I could do without all that. Today I'm also wrapping the gifts so I can send them all to Texas tomorrow. I made a photo book of all of the family pix I have for the last 15 years and am giving that to my brother's family.

Charlene--you are a baking machine! So what type of cookies/baked goods do you make. I'm thinking about making a rolled pastry that my mom always made, one with poppy seed and the other almond.

Diane--I'm going back to induction right after the holiday. Hope you are having a better day and that tree gets trimmed.

Have a good one all!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

I did SOOOO much better today! I took a salad with me to work, and some taco meat to put in it. I didnt touch even one cookie, chip, candy or anything else all day! I DID have a taste of the pasta I made the kids though.. feeling guilty about that, but glad the day went pretty well. I drank a PowerAid Zero, and then refilled it with water.

Found out tomorrow is my last day of work...... until after the 1st! What that means is I DO still have my job after the first, BUT I still need to find a new job ASAP.. I cant imagine them keeping me THAT much longer.. but heck even a few more weeks is awesome! And it also means I have the next two weeks off (with pay as usual). I'm going to get Meadow tomorrow night and keep her the next day to make cookies and hang out. Can't wait! I still dont know if Christmas here will be anything more than cookies, but that depends on if I get a bonus or not.

Charlene: Oh my gosh! I thought I had a lot of baking to do! Wow! Yes, preparing food in advance sure does help! I have a ton of lettuce in the fridge, so I hope the kids help eat it given I have another head of lettuce waitng!

Beth: Wow! Sounds like you DID work hard at the gym! Step class Monday was latin music again.. yay! I had mentioned the last time how much I loved it, so I think she is going to try to do it more often. I have so much FUN when she does the latin stuff.. we do cha cha, etc.. that I forget Im exercising! lol.. well, almost! I wouldnt say Im doing induction, but I am trying to eat mostly if not all lowcarb rather than my usual good carb eating. I too plan to get even more strict after the holidays.. but for now Im trying to be as good as possible. There will be cookies though.. oh yes.. there will be cookies!

Last edited by Annie64; 12-18-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Just a short quick in. Went to the gym but only did cardio. Picked up my laptop and am reloading software on it, so it's unusable for a while until its all done.

Bbl
Old 12-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Baked well into the night - night before last and then yesterday morning and last night and I THINK I'M DONE! LOL These kids. That's what they love to give and they both have semester exams so I couldn't ask them to help because they were studying. My dd14 said her two huge bags of cookies and 6 smaller bags of popcorn were gone before their 10:00 break. I bet those teachers love me. hehehe I sugared them up for sure.

Beth - wow, I'm so sorry all the stuff is falling apart at your house. Hope things start piecing back together soon. You better be careful with working out so hard. But good job on working out! I'm about to do cardio this morning as well. I need to sweat off some extra bites over the last few days. Over the last week, I have made orange balls, double chocolate brownie cookies, caramel praline cream cheese squares, pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing, too much chocolate cake, candy coated popcorn and then last night a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies for another coach whose birthday is today.

Diane - good job on the staying legal day and taking your lunch. I actually have taco meat left over and a taco salad sounds good. I may do that today. Whew you scared me for a minute when you said your last day is today. Glad it's just a break, but still hoping you find something soon. Did that other place ever call back? Didn't they say they would tell y'all either way? Your lil' Meadow is a doll! Such a sweet face!

This is the last school day for the kids and they are pumped! DD12 and I have endocrinology appts in the morning and then I have to work, but I bet our boss lets us off early. This weekend we will have my dh's stepfather's 90th surprise birthday party, we will stay the weekend in my hometown and then have dh's side of the family Christmas on Monday at noon. We will travel home for our Christmas and stay put because it looks like a pretty major winter storm is going to blow through right on Christmas day or soon after. Brrrrr.

Have a GREAT day!! I can't believe it's almost Christmas!!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

How are you all doing? I finally got my laptop back but then was having trouble with the cursor jumping all over the place. I think I found a software fix and am going to try it out before I let dh know, because he's had a lot of trouble with his and thought it was his bad hands. But it now appears to be working really well which is why I'm typing a lot of nonsense. Of course, now I can't blame the jumping cursor for my bad typing. Anyway, today is a stay at home day to wait for the electrician and then the plumber. The electrician has already come and gone and the plumber will be here in an hour. I've finished almost all of my xmas shopping and I think I am going to bake this year. I'll start that tomorrow I think. I did go to the gym yesterday and limited my workout to cardio only. I only had so much time and I think I may have overdone it on Monday. I'm not feeling that great today.

Charlene--I bet you are looking forward to having the time off. Your baked goods sound so yummy. I'm still deciding what it is I want to make.

Diane--that's great that you're off for the next few weeks with pay. Enjoy the time! How are things going with getting the child support resolved.

Anyway--have a great day everyone!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! IT'S MY LAST DAY OF WORK for the Christmas break! Woohoo! I am SOOOO ready! dd12 and I have endo appts this morning and then I'll go into work - probably only for a couple hours and then I bet they let us off early. I went ahead and got up early like I always do so I could sweat off a pound or so before I weigh in today. I wish I was down that extra 5 pounds. I'm still going to be down over 10 pounds since my last appt, but was really hoping for the 180's but I screwed that up these last couple weeks.

Hope you guys have a great day!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I was really not feeling well yesterday so I did absolutely nothing! I took an epsom salt bath last night and drank some mint tea. I feel much better today than yesterday. So I am heading out in a bit to go to the grocery store and in the afternoon I will go to the gym with with dh. I'll start baking today. I just feel like baking even though we certainly don't need all the baked goods in the house. I'll probably give a lot of them away.

Charlene--I hope your appt goes well and don't forget how great you have done, even if you're not quite where you want to be. You'll get there.

Diane--how is the time off going?

Have a good day all.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Whoop! I was 194 at dr. so I am only 2 away from my signature weight. I was down 17 pounds since June, so he was happy! What I was shocked about is dd12 was down 13 pounds since June!!! I knew she looked slim and trim and that athletics had made a difference in her figure, but no idea she was down that much! Plus, she was 4 inches taller than the last time they measured her (I think a year ago). He high-fived her for her good exercise. Both of us had to increase doses of Synthroid but just got bumped to the next level. My iron was better and he was happy about that but my vit. D was deficient, so I will start my drops again. Overall a good visit. I was a little late getting to work, so I stayed after everyone left and finished all my case notes and documentation so I wouldn't have to worry about it over the holidays.

I did an hour of cardio - HIIT, incline, running, walking for 4 miles. I was a sweaty mess when I was done. That probably helped with the scale numbers this morning.

Beth - glad you're feeling better today. The baking to me is just so fun to do. I gave most of mine away as well.

Diane - how's your first day off? I hope you are enjoying it!

My son and his wife are on their way and so I guess we will have our Christmas with them this weekend so they don't have to come back and she can go see her family. I'm so excited to see them and the puppy, Penny!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I may not get to visit the site again for a few days as we are leaving today for my hometown for a surprise 90th birthday party tonight, then stay until Monday for Christmas with Dh's family. In between, I am taking my son and his wife's gifts to celebrate their Chiristmas because he has to work Monday and a winter storm is supposed to blow through Christmas day. Also, I am supposed to try and go visit my mom and step dad (praying that tensions are low and we can talk and be civil to each other). Headed in this morning, I am stopping at an outlet mall to purchase a couple fo toys for my baby nephews and a niece and grab my son and his wife something they want as their "big gift". I had every intention of exercising this morning, but think instead I'm going to clean house a bit so when I do come home Monday, I come home to a clean place to just enjoy Christmas.

The granddog is a mess. She is so funny. Enjoying having her here as well.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will stop in once I get back.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #57
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good afternoon slimmers!

I know i have been MIA forever and i am sorry! I have thought of you guys often and missed each 1 of you lots. The last 4 months have been a challenge. Dd18 going away to college just about did me in. Things that use to matter to me just dont seem to matter now. I no longer take for granted that all 3 of my kids will eat a meal with me every day. I treasure (and have spent 4 hours in a car to do so) eating a meal together!

The scale is at 138 this morning. I am not very happy with that # but know that it could of been worse. Dd18 and I walk a 5k (completed in 38 minutes) this morning. Something clicked again while i was walking. I am ready AGAIN to do this. I am already looking for my next race.
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone!

I went to the gym this morning and it really tuckered me out, not to mention that my leg and hip are really sore. I took some prescription medication to help with the pain-and it seems better. I have more baking to get done and being in pain makes it difficult.

Rachel--so glad to see you back! We've missed you!

Charlene--have fun! I look forward to catching up with you on Monday.

Diane--what's up with you.

Have a good one all!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Good Evening all!

I went to the gym today to do cardio since they will now be closed until Wednesday. Then I made a quick stop at the grocery store and came home and made Chinese New Year candy--its cooling now and should be really good. I am going to make up a few plates of goodies to share with my nice neighbors and friends. I made two more batches of rosemary chocolate chip shortbread cookies today. And I'm going to make kolachy for dh. The fudge didn't come out well so I'll try again tomorrow. Its still edible but you need a hammer to get a piece.

Diane--you are a cookie making machine. Is Meadow having fun helping? How sweet that she will have the time with you!

Charlene--are you having a fun weekend?

Rachel--How is your holiday preparation coming?

See ya all tomorrow!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I'm up early baking homemade rolls for our dinner today. I'm the only one up and my dough is rising so I thought I'd say hello from my phone! The birthday party was a hit! Such a fun surprise! Then the last two nights I've hung with my sister and we have cooked and played games. Spent several hours at my mother's yesterday and it was a great visit. She cried when she saw all my kids and dh as well. No tension but when we got in the truck to leave my son joked "we aren't out of the woods yet- we still have to get through the locked gate at the end of the driveway!" lol Even my kids know the atmosphere can change in an instant when it comes to my family. However, it made me feel good to see her again. Maybe we can make it with no more stress and tension and hurt. That's my wish.

Sounds like everyone is enjoying the kitchen these last few days. Yum!

Rachel - it's so great to see you post again! Love those 5Ks! I need to find another one soon myself.

Have a great day!!