Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
I carry a phone charger but in NYC didn't have many places to plug in when out. I found a plug in one restaurant and in Kleinfelds.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Becky, for John. Hope everything is okay. Good for you for listening to your gut when it comes to taking care of the people you love.

Debbie, I'm happy that the boys friends like hanging out here. It gets noisy and can be expensive at the grocery store, but its so worth every penny!

Stay safe and warm! I just talked to my mom, my dad is out shovelling snow for other people. She worries, but I remind her all the time that dad is super active and I always feel like its the people that don't do anything all year long that have heart problems when they go out to shovel their driveway. (which is why he is cleaning up other people's driveways)

Cindy, I'm cleaning up my eating habits (again) in January. I didn't eat horribly over the holidays, but a little too much here and there and it adds up.
The halo charger sounds great, except, I assume you actually have to remember to charge it or it won't do you any good. That would probably be me. I would have it in my purse and both the charger and phone would be almost dead.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #213
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
I'm still alive, just running around with the kids!

I definitely need to rein in my eating, that's what the new year is for, right!

Cindy - great idea for a new couple!!
I'll remember the Dave Ramsey kit for my kids!

Becky - John update please!!!!

Kelly - I'm so glad you're having fun with DS and his friends!

Debbie - did you get out today?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Basically, we think his sugar is up cuz his iron is up AGAIN... however the ER isn't equipped to handle iron testing. They said his hemoglobin was up which could be because of his iron. His fasting on his own meter was 148... it was 112 there. I guess he will have the 4 hour glucose test, i'm so tired of the running around. the tests show one thing but I see another and I don't know what to do about it.

Then Mom tore me a new one tonight. I offered to postpone "Christmas" on New Years Day to the next available weekend that Kim has the girls. She doesn't have her shopping done BECAUSE she didn't ask sister in law to do it for her grandkids. THEN SIL's brother died last week so she really doesn't want to ask her now. She wants to know when she's going to the grocery and she want's to know when she's getting the cash for Christmas gifts for the family. ai yi yi!!!! I'm going crazy between JOhn and Mom.... I'm just gonna go and do the shopping tomorrow. End of story there. Gonna get the money out on Friday when I get my paycheck cashed AS I told her I would. As for the grocery, I'll be damned if I know when I can do that.

Going to bed and I wanna warn the dream maker, he gives me a nightmare tonight theres gonna be hell to pay in slumberland!!! lol. NIte girls!!!

On the upside, we snuck by without a blizzard. Just about 3-4" of snow, a little blowing, hope the roads don't freeze over tonight tho. We got out of that snowstorm pretty well. SORRY Kaye, I'll redirect it somewhere else, definitely not to MD or NJ!!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:13 AM   #215

Becky does he see a hematologist for the iron problem? How about an endocrinologist for the elevated sugar. 148 is a high fasting sugar. Not horrible but elevated.

DS21 and GF were driving to Deep Creek Lake up in the north west corner of MD near West Virginia. They got stuck in traffic due to bad roads and turned around and went back to Hagerstown to get off the roads. He has a credit card attached to our account for things like this. I am just glad they are safe. The blizzard effected up that direction. Here we ended up with tons of rain. Now very high winds.

I got a lot done yesterday but only got to grocery store. It was a hard very cold rain so I went to the store where you can park underneath.

I cleaned some nd need to do the downstairs. I want to run again today but too Indy out there. Meeting someone tomorrow morning and Sunday morning.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #216
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Off to work.
DD25 meeting me for lunch, DD23 has multiple appts today and DF is chauffeuring!

MK - the Dave Ramsay thing is a great gift and has made a huge difference for DD25 and DSIL - we highly recommend it - wish someone would have done something like that for us.

Becky - take care of YOU and John!!!

Debbie- good thing the kids were able to stop somewhere!

Have a great day all!!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-

Don't know if I mentioned, DS19 is working while he is here. He asked for a "few" hours, he has almost full time hours. He thought he had traded today's 5:30am shift and they went to see the hobbit at 8:30 last night. Anyway, he did have to go in this morning at 5:30. DS15 has a water polo clinic all day today, so they'll spend the day at the pool together. LOL

Becky, wondering the same things that Debbie asked...
Take care of you guys. You both spend so much time making sure everyone else is taken care of.

MK, I'm doing a whole 30 in January (starting the 2nd) want to join me?
I haven't stepped on the scale, but my jeans are a little snug.
Have fun with you campers!

Debbie, glad they were able to stop and get out of the weather.

Cindy, it sounds like you are still enjoying your girls.
I would think your office would be fairly quiet at this time of year.

Kaye & Jenn,
Old 12-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #218
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Waiting on DS20 to wake up ~ we're going back to the mall for me to exchange some presents and he needs tennies. DD26 will join us at some point too.

Cindy - remind me of that gift again (if/when I get a wedding!)

Becky - Big hug!! Stay strong and only do what you HAVE to do!!

Debbie - I'd love a grocery store with underground parking!
Novel concept!!

Kelly - I should do it!! Email/text/personal message me the info you use so we're on the same page and I can check it out before Jan 2!!

run...run...run

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°

Last edited by TuscanGirl; 12-27-2012 at 07:50 AM..
Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Kelly - I should do it!! Email/text/personal message me the info you use so we're on the same page and I can check it out before Jan 2!!
I just FB messaged you a couple of links
Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #220
Queen Bargain Shopper

Things were insane at work today!
With only two of us working - we were swamped!

I had to postpone my appt with the nurse till tomorrow - going to discuss eating plans.....maybe I will be switching to paleo.

I did have a pt appt and she massaged my arm again - omg did that feel good!

Becky - how are things going?

Half day tomorrow - lunch with the girls, then meeting with DD's dressmaker.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #221

Saw Les Mis nd loved it!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #222
Princess Proofreader

Thanks Kelly!

Cindy - might as well join us!!

Debbie - I saw it today too!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #223

I need to diet too but my husband would hate me giving up more foods. I think he deals with the gluten pretty well now.

Can't sleep. Slept an hour or two. Running at 8:30. My day with Isabella starts at 11:30. Mirsa going to get brows done then coming home to get ready and then we go back to my house where Bella will stay while they are at wedding. They are all sleeping here since they don't want to wake the baby. I hope she not too unhappy being with us. She hates bing left with us. She is at that age.

I guess I should read up on Paleo. Maybe my husband can deal with it. He cooks when I work till 7:15.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

My old girl Guinie, isn't doing too well. She hasn't eaten forb3 days, only taking a little water. She did this in September. I worry that she won't make it and I worry she will. Her eyes look so sad when she does this. Mia is a pacif maniac. F
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

My old girl Guinie, isn't doing too well. She hasn't eaten forb3 days, only taking a little water. She did this in September. I worry that she won't make it and I worry she will. Her eyes look so sad when she does this. Mia is a pacif maniac. For a cat that doesn't like Guinie, she sure worries about her when she takes these turns.

Gracie is spending the night. She knows now that I don't work on Fridays. It gives Alyssa some one on one time with her mommy. Kim works tomorrow so Alyssa will be back at here at 11.

I think I can get a new phone tomorrow, I'm going to Verizon and ask but from the computer it looks like I'm eligible. Won't be til after Kim picks the girls up. I also have to make the credit union run to get the cash out for Kim's Christmas that she gives everyone. Also have to get a buttload of gift cards for her. I think she knows that I was pi$$ed and hurt.

Did I tell u guys that I got a 5th piercing in my ears the day I got my hair cut? No one has even noticed yet. Just like the bird! Took 3 weeks and I finally told Kim, John doesn't know what I have unless its a different color.

Also, I did a bucket list thing today? I signed up to be a MaryKay consultant. I'm sure I won't get a big business, I'm not pushy. I'm too chicken. But I can get mine at cost and maybe do a few facials here and there. I'm excited!!!!

Going to bed, nite short friends!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #226

Becky, hope your kitty is alright.

Not sure why you were pi$$ed at Kim. I guess I am confused.

You would be a very good Mary Kay consultant. I am sure all your friends and co workers are a start and then you branch out fom there. I would come to a Mary Kay party if I lived by you.

I am up to run at 8:30.

I did finally fall asleep for another 5 hours, thank God!

Busy day.

DH working from home today and Monday. I work Monday 11-7.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:18 AM   #227

Paleo eating restrictive. I am not good at skipping my Crystal Light, Splenda and dairy products. My goal would be portion size and eating healthy. Honestly I wasn't eating any junk till Chrstmas time. I just need to cut back in general. I think Weight Watchers probably the best diet idea because you stay within points but can eat anything just the total amount is an issue. First I will cut back on my own.if my weight doesn't stabilize then I will see.

I honestly don't know what I weigh. Guess I should get on the scale. Facing the scale is #1.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:20 AM   #228

I weigh 121.2. That is the same as I have been. I feel fatter.

I want to get closer to 118 as usual. I love food and eat too much!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #229
Queen Bargain Shopper

Yeah - not sure why Kim was Po'd either Becky!
I would come to a MK party too if I lived by you!
I used to use ALL the products - a friend sold in Minneapolis.....they have some great stuff.

Not sure how I want to tackle this weight thing - meet with the nurse this morning and I will see what she says. I somewhat agree with you Debbie regarding WW - everything in moderation......I have had success with WW, SB and Atkins.....as my friend said yesterday - she thinks the key is sugar and I have to agree.

Off to work - but a SB run first.............then DDs and I have lunch, dressmaker, errands and eye appt for DD - I think we are just hanging out at home tonight!

DH asked about NYE - I said I think we are staying home. I do not need to go anywhere - DD23 will be out - DF has a show in Oshkosh - I think we just need to do our normal crab leg dinner.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 12-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #230
Queen Bargain Shopper

Debbie - if I weighed 121 - I'd be doing a happy dance. Although for me, now, that would be too low. But you are much tinier than I am.....
Old 12-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm not pissed at Kim. Lol. That was a "my phone took over again" moment. It's mom that knows I was pi$$ed and hurt! I'm the one she retaliates on when she has a "Roy did this to me" (the guy that hit her) and I'm the one he takes it out on. Maybe he feels our relationship is strong enough to endure it but it hurts when she does it.

Gotta watch the girls for about 4 hours today, Kim will be here a little after 230. Then I run to the CU, get the money out, buy gift cards (that is it then for moms Xmas, still have to wrap hers), buy something or great niece and great nephew, something for my niece that I always sneak something too, go to Verizon and see if I'm eligible for a new phone, run to Walmart and pic some collages up that I got from the photo dept, and I'm hope ing we can go to Applebee's tonight.

Guinie is the same, no better-no worse, I'll take it. She's cuddled up to Gracie now.

Debbie, Isabella will get better and ur right, it's the age. The experience separation anxiety a lot at that age. You're building a wonderful bond tho with her. I wish Alyssa would spend the night, she remembers all too well the time before they left an her daddy would be verbally mean and physically aggressive with her, I think he's a little afraid to leve her alone. Plus I think she likes tr alone time with her mommy. It worlds out tho for everyone so I'm not going to upset the pot.

I'll be back... I hope on my new phone tonight.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #232

I am only 5 feet. I have plenty of fat on me!!

We will stay in New Years. I have to bring appetizer to work. What is easy to make and healthy??? Ideas ladies. I could splurge and buy a bag of shrimp and cocktail sauce but don't get much for the money. DH could make chicken wings for me but not really cheaper and a sticky mess to eat at work.
I may do a taco dip or something like that. Need to go on a recipe hunt.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:02 AM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

I would be happy to be 135 at this point. I've been doing good this week, minus Christmas Eve, ehad a better Christmas eating than I ever have even though I had chicken an dumplings made with biscuits. But I know what I put in it and that's good. Kim loved the dumplings and Alyssa asked for the leftovers. She comes in my house sniffing the air and will say "what's that good thing I smell". Her personality. Is a lot like johns, Gracie is definitely a lot like me, probably cuz she's my Siamese twin!!!!

Better go, I'll be back. Where's Jenn?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #234

All my kids had separation anxiety. I think Isabella's dad used to stand and scream at the door when her dad left for work too. She may cry but it isn't a baby cry. It is just an unhappy cry. Last time she had me put her to bed. I may take her for a walk in the stroller. She would fall asleep there I bet. It usually works. She slept a long time in the stroller in NYC. Fresh air is good for her.

At day care she never cries accept when it is time to go. She has gone there since she was a few months old and every one that works there is like family and many are family.

I have to leave to run. I haven't seen running friend in many weeks. We need to catch up.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

What about spinach dip made with ff sour cream and ff mayo? I'm making that plus about 4 other things to take to moms for our Christmas/new Years.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #236

Becky you can do it!! Set small goals and if you do WW you can eat things just count the points right.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

I get the packaged Knoors veggie soup mix and follow the recipe in the back. Lipton makes one too (In a. Box) if they don't have Knoors but I prefer Knoors. It makes a lot and would serve several staff members!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep, I'm doing WW Debbie. There was a pic on fb of a guy that lost over 100 pounds, his 300+ pi he looked 50 years ok'd, his after pic he looked the 28 that he was.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #239

I use knorrs too. Sour cream, knorrs and frozen chopped spinach. The peppers, carrots, celery, other veggies and ingredients add up. People live shrimp.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Shoot, wish I would think of these things before I hit send...

Cindy, I ordered 2 halo batteries for Kim and I... They take AA batteries. I can't remember the brand but they were $7.95 plus shipping, ran around $12 for each. I'm always panicking cuz my battery goes low from playing so many games!

I got my acceptance email for MK so now I just wait for my kit. Laura, one of Kim's Clint's and friends that I used as my recruiter said he would come ofer and explain everything in my kit when it comes.

I hope my new phone is better at not being possessed. I just caught a word that it replaced.