Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #181
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
So busy and here it is!

Have NORAD Tracks Santa up and he's on his way!

I have couple small things to still wrap, and a LOT of food prep to do, but have everything I need (I hope!).

Hope all my favorite ladies have a great day before the big day tomorrow.
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:15 AM   #184
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Eve is here!
Say hello!

Well, here we are with my Punits under the roof. They seem well and my mom looks good. My patience will be tested as it always is......it's helpful to have DDs around - but they will be off to their inlaws tonight. The thing I struggle with the most sometimes is how they both play the martyr.......no one should do that.

Hope Debbie is home safe and sound.
Kaye - I think I have been back to the store everyday and have to go back again today - it's not like me!

Hope you all enjoy your families and Santa is good to you!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:23 AM   #185
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Hello Eve! Nice seeing you again!!
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #186
Queen Bargain Shopper

So.....do I want an iPad?
Dd23 is selling hers.....brand new in May.
Decided she doesn't use/need it and is saving for a new camera to start her new business.

I'm test driving it now on the treadmill.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #187

I use my IPad all the time. It is basically a big iPhone minus the phone.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Love my iPad too
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

I sooooo want an iPad, after the holidays i'm gonna start buying a gift card each paycheck as buy one WHEN the supplies are restocked on Dayton!!!!

We had a wonderful Christmas... So happy to see Eve came to visit all of us. She won't stay and then we can talk about her!!! John got me a Keurig Platinum and a red solo cup to make my own k-cups with my own coffee. I had the gray one but he thought this one would be easier to clean. The girls loved their gifts, Kim cried when she saw her woven photo throw. I had pics of the girls, mom, my dad, John holding Alyssa for the first time. All the people she loves. And one of hunter too. I left the girls each give her a photo mug, I got her a white one and a black one. They turned out great. John and mom loved theirs.

Going back to bed, just got up to get done cold meds. Nitr, gotta make a run to Kim's around 9 for dipsh*t to get the girls for Christmas.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #190

Merry Christmas Dear Friends!!!

It is 5:25. I am getting ready to work.

After today no work till Monday.

Friday we baby sit Isabella so her mom and dad can go to a wedding. DS30 is in the wedding. He has to go early for pictures. I told Mirsa I would help watch the baby when she got ready too. Ultimately we will be back at my house and they will spend the night because the wedding is close to here and they don't want to move the baby once she is asleep.

Better get dressed. Hope people stay home today but yesterday was pretty crazy.

It snowed yesterday and in north area it stuck even though not a lot. Some people over joyed to have a white Christmas.

Hope you have a wonderful day full of good family times today.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #191
Queen Bargain Shopper

Merry Christmas Friends!

I was up early - more to enjoy the calm before the storm.
Went to mass last night and then out to dinner - it was a nice evening.
We came back here and enjoyed our "fire" and music and DH made Grasshoppers and Brandy Alexanders.

DD, DSIL and DFSIL will be here around 9:30. Gifts, caramel rolls, and Italian for dinner. I am probably working in the morning.....we will see.

Becky - glad you enjoyed your time with Eve - sounds like it was a nice evening.
Debbie - hope people behave today for your sake.

I am loving the iPad more and more........

Love and Hugs, my friends!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #192
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just stopping in to say Merry Christmas to my friends.
Santa came very early this morning since the boys were up late last night playing video games together.

Since the inexpensive present was opened already I'll share...
DH put together a "kit" to replace the save batteries in their DS & GBA games, so batteries & tools needed to "fix" all of their old Pokemon games which they still love & play. (we had some of the precision screwdrivers already so that helped make it cheap)
Old 12-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

The snow has starter, can hear the wind roaring past the bedroom window. We have a blizzard warning, I'm praying we don lose power sobibdodnt have to take the birds and cats to Kim's, especially with her cats. I Guess I would have to out them in er spare bathroom so her card don't bu the crap out of them. I would rather her lose power and her bring the kids and the 3 cats/hunter over here.

Fever has broke but head is still hurting and some pain in my right ear. I don't think it's an infection, I think it's part of the virus.

Going back to bed. I got up at 200 and couldn't sleep. Today will be a perfect knitting day!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #195

Slept more then I ever do. I think working two 12's after being away all weekend really tired me out.

I am off till Monday. I really need groceries. No one has said they can run tonight so I might head out this morning before the heavy rain comes. I haven't run since lat Thursday. I have eaten terribly and need to get back on track.

I have two sweaters I want to return to Nordstrom. Wonder how the mall will be with people making returns.

Becky, you should get your ear checked if it keeps hurting. I have seen. Tons of flu or other viruses. People are so sick!!

DH off to work. Having the holiday on a Tuesday is kind of strange. People worked Monday and then go back today. The federal government did give people off Monday. Schools off till next Wednesday.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 AM   #196
Queen Bargain Shopper

Happy day after Christmas!

We had a nice but loud day!
Having 8 people here all concentrated in one area was
DD25 wasn't feeling well so she and DD23 disappeared after gift opening and they took a nap. The rest of us watched "The Bourne Supremacy".

Everyone did well with gifts ranging from PJs (every single person got some - and from different people!), to Halo chargers, food, coffee, clothes, Dave Ramsey starter kit (from DH to DD23 and DF), and of course $$! I think this was the first year that my mom liked everything!

The only sad note to the day was that my brother didn't call. He and his family are at Disney from the 21st through the first. I guess he thinks that the text he sent to me was sufficient. Hmmmmm - you couldn't take 5 minutes out to call your parents to say Merry Christmas?

Becky - hope you feel better and the storm isn't too bad!
Debbie - enjoy your days off - kinda wish I would have taken Thursday and Friday off....I think next year I am going to put in for it early!

Hi MK, Kelly, and Jenn and Kaye of you peek in!

I think I am off to work for the morning - my parents are leaving and DD23 is going over to DD25's......I'll go in and not waste half a day and then think I am going to Target to look over the clearance paper goods.........then back home to pick up my house and enjoy the quiet!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #197

What is a halo charger and Dave Ramsey starter kit?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #198

I have 5 days off not 6. Oh we'll. I will get to watch the Redskins play the Cowgirls for the division championship. I also have Bella and family here Friday and Saturday.

Going out to run and then errands, laundry and groceries.

I have to try to return and leave the mall without buying. We spent a fortune last weekend.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Happy Day after Christmas!

The Indiana/Ohio blizzard is pushing to us! Thanks Becky!

A lovely Christmas here. Mostly needed gifts here, but all were very thoughtful. DDalmost18 got a new laptop a few weeks ago because her hand-me-down one died, so to make it 'fair' (though really didn't need to, I don't agree with 'equal' stuff for the girls because they have such varied tastes and interests it's a moot point) but DD20 really needed a TV upgrade for her rec/gaming room downstairs so she got a new 32" flat screen. She was very surprised as it was unexpected, but is thrilled because now she can read the small print on the newer games! The resolution on the old monster just wasn't enough for the new stuff.

Our plan was to go to the 1 pm showing of Les Miz, and found it was only playing at ONE theater in a 50 mile radius and only on one screen (while the Hobbit had 3 screens!) Even though we're big fans and have seen it live 6 or so times, we thought it would be a limited interest thing and were surprised to see the showing SOLD OUT. I think the theater underestimated local interest as well. Musicals are usually not a big draw. We didn't want to buy tickets for the 5 pm then drive all the way home then back again, so we came home and had our wonderful hot oil fondue Christmas dinner and played with new gifts. Will try to catch it in the next few days.

I also slept. I was SO tired from the past month 'making the holidays happen' and needed a nap more than the movie! LOL

I work tomorrow through the weekend and will have to try to finish early Saturday as we go across the state to mom's. Will do my paperwork during the car ride. My sister, brother and families should be there. I hope the weather/roads stay clear.

Time to cut the crap as I'm up to 124 *gasp* and all my clothes are tight. Though I did enjoy taking a break and indulging in anything I wanted for a while.
Have I mentioned I work for a bakery?

Have tons of ham and need to use it up or freeze it. Scalloped potatoes and split pea soup?

Off to get dressed to run to the bank and store before Becky's Blizzard gets here..
Hugs all around!
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-
And, Happy Day After Christmas!

We ended up just having "munchies" yesterday. We had planned to do a nice big Christmas dinner with tri-tip, mashed potatoes/gravy, hot rolls, proscuitto wrapped asparagus, and a salad (of course) but DH cooked a (half) ham early in the day and desserts, summer sausage, cheeses, fruit... got put on the table and well at 5:30 no one was hungry yet, at 5:45 DS19 started getting texts from friends asking if it was okay if they came here for "Gauntlet" (N-64 game that they love to play) by 6:30 I had a house full of 19 and 20 y/o guys. Needless to say, boys are kinda like a swarm of locusts when it comes to leftovers so the only stuff still here is the stuff we haven't cooked yet. (and one pecan pie they somehow missed)
(friends and colleagues of DH's with older kids told us not to plan on seeing much of DS19 over his break, that he would come in and head right back out with his friends. I hoped his friends would just show up here and so far that's been the case, and yes Kaye, I've already used the $25 gift card from the pizza place)

We have quite a bit left in our flex account, so I'm taking DS19 to get new glasses today. We really should have gotten them before he left for school, but oh well...
He was actually counting that as a Christmas present when he was talking to his friends last night.

A lot of the stuff on the kids lists here came from ebay since they wanted old or no longer in production games. DS15 had been asking for the "underdark hero scape" set for a while. I mentioned the battery replacement kit, they got ice hockey for the NES. DS15 got a replacement lap top as well before Christmas, but he wanted one that worked well for gaming so we made him pay for part of it.

Kaye, your DD20 would love our "mancave" the boys have a large projection screen tv for the "new games" It has multiple splitters since they have an x-box, N-64, Wii, and playstation hooked up to it. Then they have an old tv (they call "Blinky") that has sega genesis, NES, and Atari. (things like "duck hunt" won't run on the new tvs) They have decided that a lot of the gaming stuff is becoming collectible so they are collecting playable versions of the "old" stuff. There is a "retro video game store" they love and they like to get the cheap games. It took forever to convince my mom that it was okay to buy used games for them.
(the heroscape set DS15 wanted is also collectible, it took quite a bit of patience to find that set open, most of the ones DH was finding were new and expensive, they want to play with it not leave it in a sealed box to look at)

Debbie, I'm assuming the Dave Ramsay starter kit is a budgetting plan/books. He is a financial guy that is very popular with couples starting out and figuring out how to pay their bills and have what the need without going into debt. (From what I understand his stuff is also a good tool to help people dig their way out of debt)

Cindy, glad the visit with your parents went well. It sounds like you had a nice Christmas. I'm sure there will be some nice bargains at Target.

Becky, hope you are feeling better and your power stays. Stay warm!

MK, Jenn, and other need to check in shorties, hope you are still enjoying your holiday!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #201

Was going to return sweaters at mall but snowing and before that rain and freezing rain. It is supposed to be slippery out. May wait and do it tomorrow.

Has a nice run but experienced all of the above weather.

DH may metro home if roads are bad but I would have to drive to get him. We are taking a dusting of snow.

Kelly, it sounds like your house is the place to be!!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #202

Kaye, I hear you on the weight thing!!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

I think we're running to Miami Valley a hospital with John, finally convinced him to go. Signs of diabetes and his doc won't be back til the 7th, I told him LIFE doesn't STOP because a doctor is out of town for 2 flipping weeks!!! We were at try doc last week because of these same issues and he felt so bad, and the doc said not to have tr glucose text done Til closer to when he gets back. I told John that's bulls**t!!! Ed missed 2 days for this, 1 last week and today. Hope he gets some answers.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #204

Becky keep us filled in.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

Were here now Debbie, I wish they would do blood work today.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #206

They can do blood work in ER.

In triage they can check a blood sugar.

The doctor will order blood work if blood sugar by finger stick warrants it.

What symptoms is he having? Increased thirst, urination and fatigue?

Keep in touch
Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #207
Queen Bargain Shopper

Anxious to hear about John.

Kelly was right about Dave Ramsey, Debbie. We gave DD25 and DSIL a kit before they got married and it has made a huge difference - probably why they were able to buy a house before they were married a year. We are hoping it has the same impact with DD23 and her DF....although I don't think they have a clue.

The Halo charger is a charger that you charge - looks like a small flashlight. It will hold a charge for 4 months. You charge it and throw it in your bag, desk, car - and if you need a charge for your phone - you have that. The girls phones are always low on juice.... They said it was more for me than for them.

Worked till noon and went to Target - wasn't looking for anything other than paper goods.....got bags of all sizes and napkins and plates - different sizes and designs....all 50% off. I came home, ate lunch, did towels, cleaned up the house, mopped, vacuumed, and watched the season finale of Rizzoli and Isles.....now I need to work out.........ugh.

Went to the nurse today to weigh in - Kaye - not pretty here either. I am up 3.7 from my HRA in the fall......that has to be stopped. I was up at my HRA - another UGH. SO, there are three of us right now who have a challenge going on......we are going to put it out to my team - based on percentage....$10 in and 6 or 8 week challenge. I seriously would LOVE to lose 12 lbs........ugh, ugh, ugh. I have an appt tomorrow with the nurse and we are going to evaluate my eating habits. Although they are pretty good for the most part - something has to change............I have a wedding next June and I refuse to feel puffy!!!! So after leftovers tonight (tortellini) I am DONE DONE DONE and time to get serious!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Where did u get the halo charger Cindy? Sounds like something Kim and I would be interested in.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #209
Queen Bargain Shopper

I got them from QVC Becky - I will email you the link.
I thought they were worth it - I bought myself one too!

ETA - they are sold out!

Last edited by Radmom413; 12-26-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #210

Becky, news please!!