Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #121
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Cleaned a bathroom, went to see Hitchcock, went to church and home alone having popcorn and Maker's Mark for dinner!

Debbie - she's so cute!!

Cindy - I've wanted grand-kids forever!

Becky - I hate when that happens!

DH is in Chicago picking up DS20!
They'll be back tomorrow!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Should be asleep but wide awake.

MK, you will have a lot of grandchildren some day. Just hope they live near by.

How far is Chicago from you MK? I still want a real life shorty weekend!!!!
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Cindy.... Grandchildren are the most wonderful thing in the world. I hope someday you will get to experience a love like no other!

We're at the Adams Christmas. See ya later!
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #124
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post
Should be asleep but wide awake.

MK, you will have a lot of grandchildren some day. Just hope they live near by.

How far is Chicago from you MK? I still want a real life shorty weekend!!!!
Debbie - I hope so!! But they probably won't live near by . . .
Chicago is 3.5 to 4 hours away, depending on where.

Warm, cloudy day today! I've dusted and vacuumed and wrapped presents, and done laundry, and walked the do (twice) and I think I'm almost ready for Christmas! I just need to finish the Christmas letter, copy it and get it into the cards. Find something for my MIL and get her present in the mail . . .
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #126
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post
Old 12-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!

Oh my it's been busy!
Actually been a bonus that my job puts me right in the middle of the shopping district so I can run errands when I'm done.

Saw The Hobbit yesterday and we liked it. Always a good story and it was pretty to look at. We're LotR fans anyway, so we enjoy Middle Earth tales!

I did the miraculous and got the mailed gifts out yesterday, two less this year as DH has a sister staying up here this year and my dad who won't be home and off visiting over the holidays.
I THINK I have my shopping done, now only food gifts and holiday meals. We don't go to my mom's until the Saturday after, so have extra time on that.

Sounds like all of you have the holidays pretty much under control too!

Now I'm going in to see what I have for who and do some wrapping so it's not so bare under our tree!
Hugs all around!
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #128
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
...........and walked the do (twice)

How do you walk a "do"??

Did I post yesterday? Guess, I didn't.

I was up early, working on Christmas cards, then DH wanted to go to breakfast early and the grocery store.......we were home from that outing by 8:30!

I did laundry, wrapped, finished my cards, worked out.....DH and I ran a couple errands, mailed my cards......and of course watched the Packers beat the Bears!

Still struggling with my parents......but I think the divine powers from above may be trying to tell them something.....we are supposed to have a storm Thursday into Friday.....thinking they should just come on Sunday like I suggested!

Busy week ahead......cut and color tonight, dinner and Christmas shopping Wednesday night with DD25.....I am all done but need a couple more things for DSIL25. He needs clothes, so DD helping. Then we have our end of semester/Christmas breakfast tomorrow and a big Student Services Christmas open house during the day on Thursday - AND the Secret Santa reveal! My SS has been great this year - first week a bracelet (via a fundraiser on campus), last week a Starbucks Gift pack plus chocolate!!!

Yes, I am sure MK and I both will have grands someday. I so am looking forward to it!

Hope everyone has a great week!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #129
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

Cindy - I think you have a better chance of going first on the grands!! I'm being patient . . . kind of!

And I was walking the dog! D-O-G!

You finally got a good SS!! Yay!!

Today I'm off to exercise, run a couple of errands, and then hang out with DS20! He SHOULD be up by them!

Great day for him yesterday too - a Packer win and he came home!

Kaye - good to know about The Hobbit. DS20 and I are going and now DD26 wants to go too!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #130

hello and goodbye as I am off to work. yesterday was crazy and today is Monday so no high hopes. Only eight hours and I am off till Friday.

Busy week though. I have to have car at shop for oil change etc 9 tomorrow. I have checks to deliver that are donations from the club to some volunteer firestations and need to get to the grocery too. I still need to buy Isabella gift.

Wednesday staff meeting and I volunteered to pick DS21's GF up at airport at 4 and drive her to get her car at her mom's in Annapolis. She is visiting her sick grandmother in Indiana and mom will still be there. Annapolis is a good hour from my house.

Friday after work we are going to Philly for the night to break the ride up to NYC Saturday. This is the trip for Rebecca to meet her dress designer at Kleinfelds and we are taking Billy and family. We will see Don's Long Island cousins who just had the funeral last week. They are coming into NY. My niece from New Haven coming in too with her GF( partner). It will be busy and Rebecca won't be happy we are taking my oldest up with his family and not my middle son. Her mom could bring Jordan but isn't and they have dogs at home anyways. Rebecca and her mom are taking the bus. They could drive too. This is between her mom and her. I just know she will be upset and I hate seeing my DS28 in the middle of it.

I have to work Monday and Tuesday of next week and after the weekend away and all that driving it will be a bit harder but hopefully people won't be crowding the ER as usual.

Better go and face my day. My shift starts in 50 minutes. Good thing I live 20 minutes away.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning
Last week of the semester for DS15, fingers crossed that he pulls it out. Not sure how he drops his grades so quickly.

After I get out the door I'll work on our Christmas cards today, tomorrow is parent group board meeting at the HS. Hopefully, the cards for DH's clients come today so I can get those out too.

Kaye, good to know about "The Hobbit" the boys are big LotR fans here too.
I still need to figure out the last one or two things for DS19. He's low maintenance which makes him hard to buy for. DS15 was texting my mom over the weekend from both DH & my phones & actually had her convinced that I wanted "Heroscape, Battle for the Underdark" & DH wanted "Munchin". She's a little gullible, he wasn't happy when I called her & told her about his "evil genius" plan.

MK, I'm counting the days until my camper comes home. His flight gets in at 10:30 Friday morning. DH will pick him up from the office & he took the rest of the day off.

Debbie, she's so adorable! It would be really fun to have a shorties weekend!

Cindy, good luck shopping for your DSIL. Sounds like your weekend was busy & your week will be super busy too. Hang in there with your parents.

Becky, from your fb post it looked like you had a nice Adams Christmas celebration.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Lost 1.8 this week, pretty happy about that!!!

Watching grace so Kim could go to the grocery. She wanted to stay with me instead of grocery shopping. I'm knitting but stopped by to see what y'all ate doing.

Jenn, great time yesterday!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #133

Don't see a
Old 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #134

Don't see a post from Jenn. I am a bit worried about her.

Leaving work.

Out of the house early tomorrow. Well 8:30 early.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've done quite a bit of procrastinating today. Oh well, there is always tomorrow, right.
On the plus side I did get to chat with my mom, DS19, and my best friend back home.
(and that doesn't include my friends here or any of the text conversations)

Debbie, I'm sure Jenn is just crazy busy with the kids. This time of year gets that way.

Becky, Woo Hoo! You Go Girl!

Off to check on my home made bolognese sauce bubbling away on the stove. It smells SO good (and its dairy free if you want the recipe MK)
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #136
Princess Proofreader

Hi!!

Kelly - yes, I'd love the recipe!!!

I'm glad your camper will be home soon! Does he get about a month off?

I need someone to write my Christmas letter so I can get my cards out - want to volunteer?

Debbie - wow - you're going to be busy!!! It's a wonder you can keep it all straight!
Did you ever receive your gift from Jenn?

Becky - congrats on the loss!!

DS20 and I went out to lunch and to the library.
DD26 has made it to Kansas City and spending the night with her Grandma.
She's driving home - and it was a long 12 hour day for her.
Snow storm in CO, but pretty clear through the state of Kansas.
She'll only have about 5 hours tomorrow.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow... Had trouble logging in and I kept having to wait 15 minutes. On every device!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #138
Queen Bargain Shopper

End of semester yesterday.
NWTC Holiday celebration today.
Cut and color last night - DH says - "Your hair doesn't look any different."

Glad all the campers are coming home......I still consider DD23 a camper since she doesn't live at home or in town. I think she comes home Sunday since FSIL's family celebrates their Christmas Christmas eve - same with DD25 - so at least we are all on the same page for that!

MK - Glad DD26 will make it home before the storm - we are supposed to get hit Thursday into Friday......wondering if IL & you, in OH are going to get hit, Becky?
Weathermen say we are going to have some school closings........so............

I emailed my Mom - although she claims she doesn't check her email - and I know she does because she has nothing else to do..........and told her that she and my Dad better reconsider their arrival here until the weekend. I also texted my Dad and told him to tell my Mom to check her email. So, now that may put a different spin on their trip out here..........

Debbie - so now Rebecca is having her dress designed?
Becky - WTG on the loss!
Kelly - I bet you are excited for DS to get home.

I didn't do a Christmas letter this year - sent the card out......I used to write it when I worked Tuesday nights......although that will resume after the first of the year - I haven't worked a Tuesday night in about 6 weeks.....

Well gang - off to walk the treadmill.........stopped lifting for a while - did I tell you I have tennis elbow? Seeing a PT, using heat and doing stretches. She is going to reevaluate on Thursday. May need to get one of those bands for my arm.

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:29 AM   #139

Tennis Elbow is painful.

Rebecca, saw a dress in NY when she was there last time with her aunt. Her aunt lives on Connecticut and met her in NY. She will be there Saturday so I can meet her. The designer will be there Saturday so Rebecca chose three days before Christmas to go to NYC. We are staying in Brooklyn. DH is using Marriott points. His Long Island cousins coming to spend the day with us. Our niece meeting us too. Rebecca may not like it but we have made it a weekend for us and not all about her. It will still be costing us for parking, food etc.

Billy, Mirsa, and Bella coming too. Billy has friends there.

DH decided we should drive to Philly Friday night so we can be closer to NYC Saturday. We are meeting his cousins around 10 so we have to be out by 7. That includes feeding Isbella breakfast. I work till 7:15 so I need to be all packed before work. We will have dinner and go. Hopefully the baby will sleep. We are going in DHs car and it will be tight in the back. Luckily Mirsa and I are shorties.

I have to leave in an hour. Better get showered and ready to go. First stop Honda dealer.

DH is on his way to Iowa and then somewhere in British Columbia and won't be home till Thursday late.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....

I woke up a little after 5:30 and since my alarm was set to 6 and there is a lot to get done, including a meeting that I'm running this morning that I hadn't typed the agenda for yet, I decided to just get up. So, I've already been somewhat productive. I am trying to get into the habit of doing something reflective for me each day, so I made coffee and read a daily devotional by the fireplace and then I've typed/printed board meeting agendas, distributed minutes (by email) and printed same minutes for review from the last meeting. I set up a parent group page on FB for our HS and I've updated that too.

This is HS finals week and for the first time ever the semester ends before the holiday! We've always started school late and the kids would have homework/projects etc. over break and then finals about 3 weeks after the break. The teachers had to do a lot of review & reteaching in January so this year the HS decided to break at Christmas. DS15's grades are not good and it would be nice to have extra time to pull them up, but I'm sure that would simply prolong the agony so I'm looking forward to a REAL break without me saying "is your hw done" "have you started that project" "when is that test after you go back" (you get the point!)

MK, I'm just sending cards, no letter with them. I dropped that quite a while ago.

DS19's school is on a trimester calendar (next year will be semester) so they have a shorter Christmas break, he only has about 2 and a half weeks, and he will have stuff he needs to work on/study while he's here. He had 10 days for Thanksgiving and he will have 2 weeks for spring break, although I'm not sure that he is planning to come home for spring break. Their break is in Feb. at the end of the winter term and they talked about road tripping to Canada to ski/snowboard. They would stay with team mates parents if they do that. (don't cha feel bad for that mom!)

Wow, I didn't realize your DD was driving home from Co. That's quite a drive! I wouldn't want to do it in the winter. (but I'm a wimp) We did enjoy our cross country drive when we moved, it is beautiful. (my dad loves to drive here, my mom always says never again, but then he'll talk her into it at some point)

Cindy, OUCH!
It sounds like your Christmas will be nice with everyone home. Hopefully, your mom will see your email and they will think about being on the road in the weather. (good luck & you know you can always vent here)

Debbie, it sounds like you will have a very nice weekend in NYC. Hopefully, at some point Rebecca will start to feel more like part of the family so it doesn't need to be all about her. It will be fun with Bella!

Becky, hopefully your gadgets will cooperate soon!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #142

And yes Isabella is number one!! I find it hard to feel close to Becca. I care about her. I thank her for loving my son. I like her parents even though they are opposites politically.

I don't like the fact that she is spending a fortune on two wedding dresses even though she feels she will sell the first one. Just the trips to NY are expensive. That is why I leave how she gets here and her staying only one day to her mom and her.

I believe her money could be better spent. In the mean time we will have a nice weekend. I hope to get a dress for the wedding while there. I really hate the idea of shopping though. It is way too close to Christmas and if it is too crazy I won't do it!

Sitting and waiting for my car. They say it is time to flush brakes and change brake fluid so will take longer. I see they finally got wifi here but I didn't bring my iPad. I do have my kindle but I think the battery is low.

When done here have checks to drop off for the club. They are donations to fire departments that helped at he Parks Half Marathon. Local area volunteers help us with their bike units, gator units and ambulances. The club donates money to them. Both are way down in the county so will take some time. I also have to send a donation to a charity the county fire and rescue recommended for fallen police and fire personnel. That one I am mailing.

DS21 home because his GF is in Indiana. He sleeps half he day and he. Works so I don't see him much. I have gotten used to my empty nest but it is nice having him home. He is finishing up his semester this week with a test and doesn't go back till late January.

Guess I will read for a bit. I hate waiting for my car but no choice.
I just keep thinking of all I need to do.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, it became VERY clear to everyone around when DS19 was born that he was the absolute most important person in the family as far as my parents and grandparents were concerned. (He was the first grandchild and great grandchild)
Hopefully, your relationship with Becca will grow. I would have a hard time biting my tongue about buying two dresses knowing that its never easy financially as young newlyweds.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #144

And they struggle financially and now have a car payment ad Becca's car had to be replaced. They have a used Passport but still a big car. DS28 needs work on his car and says he can't afford it but what ever she wants for a dress he supports I guess.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #145
Princess Proofreader

DD is home!

And I have all the cards with letters in the mail!
Phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

MK - Glad DD26 will make it home before the storm - we are supposed to get hit Thursday into Friday......wondering if IL & you, in OH are going to get hit, Becky?
Weathermen say we are going to have some school closings........so............
I'm worried about DS23. He's supposed to leave Milwaukee Friday after work . . . .

Quote:

Well gang - off to walk the treadmill.........stopped lifting for a while - did I tell you I have tennis elbow? Seeing a PT, using heat and doing stretches. She is going to reevaluate on Thursday. May need to get one of those bands for my arm.

OMG - I do too!! (of course!)

I have an arm band, but I haven't seen a PT or doc.
What kind of stretches are you doing?
And I've been using ice, not heat.
Am I doing it wrong?

AND I've been continuing to lift!
There's only 2 more classes and then I'll have 2 weeks off to heal.

Debbie - It's hard when you're closer to one DIL than another - or even one GF!
I hope you have fun in NYC despite it all!

Becky - what's going on??

Kelly - That would be a REALLY long drive to CA!!
I understand your mom's feelings!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #146
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wednesday!

MK - DS should be fine by Friday after work. I know Milwaukee got some ick yesterday - DD worked late and said her ride home was miserable. She is going to ask Adam, one of the asst creative directors, if she can hitch a ride Thursday if it's still ok in the morning. He lives a few blocks away and drives a wrangler!

OMG about your arm!!!!
I have two stretches I have to do twice daily and she said heat......at least once a day, 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off - AND REST!!! She told me no lifting and if it was possible - no working on the computer - and we know that's not possible with work...........I am not sure how to explain the stretches! I have another appt Thursday.....she is doing some manipulations and massage.

Eating yesterday was horrible - and I promised myself I would rein it in, so back to it today......grrrrrr.

Debbie - hope your trip to NYC is uneventful with Rebecca!
Where is Becky? And Jenn must be busy with kid stuff!

I was up early again today - watching another Christmas movie I had recorded. Tonight is DD25 and I's date night to have dinner and Christmas shop! I just need to get DSIL a couple more things....been whittling away on wrapping at night - another job I just hate!

Love and hugs special ladies - hope you have a good Wednesday!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:38 AM   #147

Can't sleep. Up since 5:30 and woke many times earlier.

10am staff meeting. Need to be out by 9:25 or so.

Pick DS21's GF up at airport 4pm. Taking her to get her car on Annapolis. Lots of driving at rush hour.

DH away till tomorrow.

I am sure Jenn is busy but worry when she doesn't check in and I never got my gift from her. I am fine not getting it but this worries me.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:48 AM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Agh... I lost a long post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #149
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Exercise (yes, lifting, Cindy!), then hair and brows and I'm mailing a gift to my MIL - DH can pay me back later!

Quote:
Wednesday!

MK - DS should be fine by Friday after work. I know Milwaukee got some ick yesterday - DD worked late and said her ride home was miserable. She is going to ask Adam, one of the asst creative directors, if she can hitch a ride Thursday if it's still ok in the morning. He lives a few blocks away and drives a wrangler!

OMG about your arm!!!!
I have two stretches I have to do twice daily and she said heat......at least once a day, 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off - AND REST!!! She told me no lifting and if it was possible - no working on the computer - and we know that's not possible with work...........I am not sure how to explain the stretches! I have another appt Thursday.....she is doing some manipulations and massage.

Eating yesterday was horrible - and I promised myself I would rein it in, so back to it today......grrrrrr.

I was up early again today - watching another Christmas movie I had recorded. Tonight is DD25 and I's date night to have dinner and Christmas shop! I just need to get DSIL a couple more things....been whittling away on wrapping at night - another job I just hate!
About DS23 - it took him over an hour to get home last night.
He said the roads were horrible and the snow was pouring down!
I hope it's clear by Friday. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow.

About the arm - I know holding the mouse aggravates it - but you have to do, what you have to do!

I had a massage last week and it helped, but it was shor-lived.
Maybe I'll alternate heat and ice. The cold feels really good on it.

We might go see The Hobbit tonight and I wrapped early since it's not my favorite thing either. Actually if someone would just box everything, I don't mind wrapping it!

Debbie - Be safe driving today! And I'm also worried about Jenn - and your present!

Becky - is the computer working?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #150

I hate my laptop. I just lost a post hitting the wrong button I guess. The Ipad is easier but upstairs charging.

I am not worried about Jenn not my gift.

hope everyone's elbows get better. ice helps inflammation but heat loosens things up. they did heat before working on muscles in PT but ice after. I had tendonitis in shoulders ( or maybe rotator cuff but didn't get MRI) which still acts up some and in right elbow.

I better leave for work meeting. staff meetings don't change much and usually there is some heated discussion. we all have felt beat up at work and they won't do anything about it.