Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #91
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Debbie - Gorgeous Dress!
Sounds like you had a great day!!
Love the pics on FB!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
I have a sh*tload of gifts to wrap!!!! Holy moly! WHY do I buy so much? And what's on our spare bedroom floor... CONSUMING the WHOLE floor (bed is still at Kim's from when Gracie used it before my mom got them their beds) and its totally covered!!! And it's only for John, Kim and the girls. I might do about half today, maybe the toys. Both girls are getting cherry wood vanities (Alyssa is very into her makeup tutorials.... Don't ask!!!!). Alyssa has fallen from a chair she's been using to look in a half mirror at her dresser and the last time she wiped out pretty good. I found these at amazon for 99.99. I'm sure the wood isn't great but if they treat these ok and they don't lady by no fault of theirs, we will get then nice ones when they're older. I got some wooly vests that grace is addicted to, got one for each of them. Kim's gonna leave sometime during the 23rd and I'm gonna run a bag over for each of them with their Christmas Jammie's and new slippers for them to sleep in that night (we open on the morning if the Eve... Brad gets them on Christmas Day) so they have new Christmas Jammie's from the elves. I was originally gonna put them on their doorstep but I think I'll put then by their Elf on the Shelf (Laura). I love creating traditions, one with Kim that I STILL do is take one present ad make it from Dooley and Patch Elf, they were the 2 main elves in the Santa Claus movie that Dudley Moore was in. He played the part if Patch. This year Kim's gift from Patch is the tablet and cover for it. The girls get one too from the elves. Laura's bringing a new tradition this year for them.

I called off, killer cold has me down and almost to the count.

Debbie, can't wait to hear about the White House!!!! Soooo exciting! When Johnson was president my dad sat next to him in downtown Dayton for a democratic talley he was at. That still gives me a thrill to this very day. What an awesome thing for ur kids and grandkids to have to remember when they reminisce about u and Don!!!!

Gotta run, going back to bed for a bit! Security was calling all night for John, he's gotta be tired too!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #93
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
I have to wrap this weekend, but don't have alot. Kids get older and they want $$ or gift cards! Now when we have grandkids that may be different!

12/12/12 today - which means AARON RODGERS DAY in Wisco!
We all are wearing our #12 jerseys or packer clothing!
I will try and get a pic of my team!

Also - my team's Christmas dinner is tonight after work.

Still having issues with my parents of sorts......my Dad called me - said they will come out here Thursday (yeah, 5 days before Christmas). They will stay in a hotel till Sunday. Said they need to get away and out of town and want to go to the hospital and visit all the folks there, shop some.......then come here on Sunday. I said we are working and have stuff going on - my Dad said he understands.......I cannot have them here till Sunday - that would put them here a week before they would leave. I really need to talk to a counselor which I may at work. I am feeling guilty but can't do it - my parents are miserable people - bottom line. As much as I love them - they are negative, unhappy, sulk, complain, nothing is every right - I just can't do it. And of course my brother has no part and I am responsible for them every year.

Thanks for listening......this is not easy.

Debbie - again - how awesome - and the pics on FB were fantastic!!!
Becky - feel better!!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, u and I need to get together and council each other over coffee. I'm serious!! I have the guilty kid complex too... More on that later! I just told Kim the other day that I had such mixed emotions right now, I'm fighting to keep her with us cuz I know when she's gone I will never have her back again, yet I am so damned exhausted both physically and emotionally. I know I'll heave a sigh of relie when she's fine but I know there's no ping back and bringing her back. I hate this!!! And my bro is like yours, he's wiped his hands of it, if I even ask him for help he throws up "there's the nursing home if its too much for you@. I hope his kids treat him like he treats mom... His daughter won't but his son just may.

I feel bad that you're going through this, I only have mom but u have 2 at your throat. Dad was the total opposite of mom. She blames Roy for everything. If he hasn't hit her she wouldn't be in this shape, she says. She's 85.5 now, he MAY have been like this. I know it's not easy but she's alive, my aunt wasn't as lucky. Sad never once got bitter for his Parkinson's... He never got angry at the works, never got angry at God. Never got mean with me... I can't say the same for mom. The only thing he ever said was if he was an animal he would have been out down and he thinks society treats animals been humanely when there's a terminal illness. That was just his opinion but he never took his illness out anyone. He had nurses coming to hi funeral cuz they fell in life with his cute, little old man personality. The hospice unit said they rarely encounter people like he was. I hope I'm like he was hen I get old.

Going to run to the CU to get Kim some money, mom is getting her a 2nd cord of wood today. It's obvious we got screwed last year with the cord we got her for Christmas. And this guy had decent prices too.
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Debbie, beautiful pictures! I love your dress, you must have been so excited!

Cindy, parents are tough, I think the best thing with my mom is not living so close. I still get the guilt thing, usually its you don't visit often enough. and hang in there!

Becky, you are such a good grandma! The girls are lucky to have you and John to spoil them rotten.

MK, Jenn, Kaye,
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
In NJ for funeral stayed in Philly last night and drove around 2 hours. Now heading to cemetery.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Just got home from our anniversary dinner
22 years on 12/12/12
Just went to Outback for some filet Mignon and shrimp then did some Christmas shopping for the girls. Youngest already got a new laptop last week since my hand-me-down one died, so got oldest a new LCD TV for her rec room downstairs. Makes it kinda fair.

Debbie, I'm so thrilled about your White House visit! That is too exciting! Fabulous dress and fabulous day!

Hugs about yet another parent visit Cindy..Holidays are already hard enough! (((hug)))

MK has wrapping under control, Becky has a whole room of stuff and Kelly has another housefull of boy coming! LOL
Jenn, are you finished shopping?

I realized I have to have most together by this weekend and get stuff in the mail on Monday! I have about 7 gift packages that have to go out of state. Yikes.
It's my weekend to work and we want to still see The Hobbit!
It will all happen somehow?

Tired now and must get up early for work.
Hugs all around.
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Cook Kaye... Last year it was our 33r on 11/11/11! Special one! Glad u had a good time!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #99

I am back home.

Today is another busy day. I first need to get a run in. Then hair and nails. Need to buy a teddy bear to bring to the Open House at a friends Saturday. They asked for this instead of gifts to donate to the pediatric unit at my hospital. While at toy store I need to find a Christmas gift or two for Isabella. I just bought her more clothes in Rehoboth. This will be toys.

I have my usual laundry,banking,bills, to do too. Tonight I have the big charity event to go to. The people who attend are wealthy big givers. I have to decide on a dress to wear. Nothing seems nice enough or it is too dressy.

I never got a manicure the other day. Hopefully today.

Cindy, it seems like your parents are staying out of your hair till Sunday.

Becky, your dad sounds like he was wonderful. That is where you get your giving nature.

MK, good for you getting everything wrapped. I used to send cards.

Kaye, sounds like your packages will get out on time.

Kelly, you must be excited for your son coming home.

Jenn, you must be super busy as we haven't seen you. Hope everything is alright.

Up early here. Think I was exhausted from our two very busy days. Got home from NJ around 7. Think I was asleep by 9:30 so up by 6 as I don't usually get 8 hours sleep. I feel great after sleeping so well. It is rare.

Waiting for the sun to come up to run.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #100
Queen Bargain Shopper

Debbie and Jenn - we never heard from you regarding Secret Santa!
Pics and what you got please!

Had a great time out for dinner last night with my work peeps. Lots of laughs - some people weren't happy though because we didn't do it at someone's house.....it was easier - no fuss, no mess, and no obligation to stay late!

Today is a big Mexican fiesta at work to say good bye to our Assistant Financial Aid Director who is moving to another Tech College towards Minneapolis.

Debbie - hope you can get caught up on your rest and things slow down.

Becky - I agree about your Dad. We sure have family issues, don't we?

Speaking of family issues - I went and talked to one of our counselors yesterday - I love this guy and just needed to bounce some things off him. He gave credence to all my anxiety and told me that I was doing the right thing with my parents. He said your home is not a resort that they can come and set up camp at. There was a more lengthy discussion, but bottom line is - if they need to come that early, they can stay in a hotel.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:27 AM   #101

I haven't received mine yet. I said I would be away and not to worry.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its a rainy icky day and Gray Puffball is super happy to be sleeping on my window seat in the kitchen.

DS15 has a nasty cold so I drove him to school this morning which means I'll have to go pick him up too.
Other than that, I think we ALMOST have our big fundraiser wrapped up and ready to hand over (Yeah!) Its been frustrating this year for a variety of reasons!

We've cut way back on what we're spending for Christmas, which means being a little more creative and putting more time into some of the gifts. One of the things that will be for both boys will cost less than $10, but I think they'll get a laugh and have fun with it... (I'll fill you in after the holiday in case DS15 decides to read over my shoulder at some point, he's quite the little Christmas snooper, kinda like I was at his age)
Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the compliments about my dad. He was a wonderful father!!!

Got the Gracie-girl for the night. This is the 2nd Thursday night she's spent with us. She's learning that the last day she goes to preschool, I don't work the next day so she wants to stay with us. Lol. I hope were building memories for when she grows up! We've watched Disney Junior since about 6:00. She's been sick all week and went back to the doc today... Full blown ear infection. Her sleep is all thrown off, she's cuddling with papa right now.

Going to start making my Christmas grocery list in a bit so I can add things as I think of things. If I don't I always forget something important.

Cindy, did u get ur package yet? Has everyone said what they got?

Kelly, in glad u liked ur stuff. When I paid the water bill today the fire department was training their rescue dogs, 2 of ours went to NYC for 911, those dogs have retired but still living, they have a black lab now like Hunter and a German shepherd. Those dogs amaze me!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #104

Forgot about Gray Puffball Kelly.

Becky, i am sure your granddaughters will have wonderful memories.

Cindy, cute picture of you in Packers gear!!

Don't think MK checked in today.

Kaye, Lord of the Rings looks great but I never read the books. My youngest has or he listened to them.

Had a very busy day but got a lot done. Tonight went to Hebrew Home of Greater Washington's Starlight Lounge. It is where all the big givers come out for their biggest fund raiser. We were guests of the CEO. Years ago DH started his local career there as Food Service Director then District Manager for the company that provided the food and nutrition services. It was very nice. Saw one of my neighbors I haven't seen in a while and a lot of people DH knew back when he worked there. Sara Barrielles performed without her band. Just the piano and her voice. She was very good and we had a prime up front table.

Better get to bed. Tomorrow is a work day. It has been a very crazy week.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #105
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

I'm still here.
Marathon shopping day with a friend and I bowed out of the Parish Council Christmas party.
I'd already been out 3 nights this week and
I just needed to stay home.
Only the Deacon texted me to find out where the wine was I was bringing!

Cindy - The counselor is so right! I'm glad you had someone to talk to.
I need someone like that.
So much guilt about not spending enough time with my mom.
Tis the season, I guess!

Kelly - I can't wait to hear what your $10 gift is!!

Debbie - Did you find something to wear?
More party pics please!!

Kaye - dinner sounds great!!
DS20 and I are going to see The Hobbit together.
I love the special effects (even if I've never read the books - the story is fun too!)
Basically I'm just going to be with him!

Becky - bring your presents over and I'll help!

DS23 and I are going to see a friend of mine about the engagement ring.
She's a gemologist and designs amazing jewelry with precious stones ~ she doesn't care if he buys from her, but he can get some pointers.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 12-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #106

MK, you are going to have a wedding too.

I didn't take photos of last nights party. I took some of Sara Barielles playing but they aren't very clear.

I feel guilty for not going to Florida to see my mom enough. The same for my dad.

My dad wants to come to visit a weekend I can't take off as I am off 6 days before that weekend. I can't take more time off. I hope he comes Memorial Day. I will push for that.

I have to see when I can get to Florida.

They will all be here in October for the wedding.

I forgot to answer about what I wore last night.

I wore the second dress I bought at Talbots(outlet).

It was fine. Women were dressed in fancy to pants and jacket. A dress was fine.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

That was a chance of a lifetime, Debbie!!!! Did u tell Obama I vote for him and was verbally at take on fb by cousins for doing so, ad he better not let me down? Lol. John is still playing with me, wont tell me who he voted for (funny man!) just says "I voted for the right man for the job". I'm glad I don't have to see Romneys fake smile and mug for 4 years!!!!

Meeting Kim around 10 for breakfast at mcd. I want to get somethig for Kim from her girls but I'm not sure what! Maybe I'll look into a mug with their pics on it. Gonna go do that now!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #108

Not sure if I posted this photo from Tuesday.

No photos from last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (36.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went to yoga this morning. It was chilly with the wind after yesterday's rain, but still nice. After that it was a quick stop at the library to grab "The Lord of the Flies" for DS15 for next week's final and then DS19 called shortly after I got home, so I'm still sandy.

We had a little mini-family meltdown last night after DS15 texted me from an extra credit thing that he needed craft stuff for a project that was due TODAY! Of course, I couldn't find what he needed anywhere in town. I ended up getting leftovers from one of his more organized friends and his slapped together DNA model went to school this morning.

Debbie, sounds like a great party!

Gray Puffball is in my avatar under my tree before there were any presents there. Lately Gray Puffball has gotten some new nicknames. DS19 tells us we offend the cat when we don't use the "full given name" He's a goofball. Anyway, DS15 frequently calls the cat "Blanket" since its perfect to do homework with a cat stretched across your lap and the nickname I have for her is "Princess Puffball" because she has gotten very spoiled and she just looks very regal most of the time.

Becky, I'm sure Kim would love a picture mug from the girls. The only police/fire animals here (in town, not in the county of course) are on/around the military bases, but they are all amazing animals.
I hope Gracie feels better soon!

MK, so you're saying if you had dropped off the wine, no one would have missed you at all.

Cindy, glad you have someone to talk to about family stuff. Its hard! Sometimes I think you just need to say things out loud to move on.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Beautiful pic Debbie!!!! U look very good in red!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #111
Princess Proofreader

Kelly - the Deacon had to drink beer until someone else brought some good wine!
Poor guy!

Debbie - gorgeous!!

Becky - a mug would be great!!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #112

Up early to meet friends and run. Then two parties. One in the late afternoon and one tonight.

DH up to bake 6-8 more pies.

The dress in the picture is from Talbots Outlet. I constantly look for dresses because of functions I must go to. Every once in a while I get lucky. I bought two that day.

Better get ready to go. Need to leave in 55 minutes.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:55 AM   #113

New Isabella photos. She is wearing UMD PJ's some bought for a gift.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (33.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #114

What her hair will do if not put into barrettes or pig tails.

Note the finger sucking. She does that when she is tired or anxious. My DS28 and fiancé baby sat last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #115

Last one was taken in Guatemala last month.

She knows how to model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (39.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #116

Those are her Guatemalan shoes. The girl has tons of shoes. Lots of clothes too.

I think I need an Isabella fix but no time.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #117

Ran 10 miles with a group of running friends. All women and Phil the only guy.

I think all the pies are made. I need to go wrap them all and put gift labels on them.

I think we will give some out today as we will see some friends at tonight's party.

This tragedy in Connecticut is really bothering me. Senseless!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #118
Queen Bargain Shopper

Been busy.
Favorite things party was a success.
Pic on FB.

Got: Cool dishtowel and Cookie cutter (DD25), Trivet and TJ bag, tights, texting gloves and lotion, lotion/shower gel set and note cards. The food was awesome!

Today I went out and shopped for my Mom and Dad - if they don't like their gift, well......well, you really don't want to know how I feel about that.... They are each getting some fleece PJ's - they always complain about being cold, and I also got them a single serve Mr. Coffee coffeemaker that uses kcups. Then DH and I got coffee and went for a drive in the rain, coupled with some errands along the way...........

The tragedy in CT is gut wrenching.......I can't even fathom the mind that does something like that.

Debbie - Isabella is The pics make me want grandchildren. Listening to you and Becky talk about them...........

DH grilled some steaks and we are going to put in a movie!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #119

Today, sitting at computer.

Got a good Bella fix today. They are going to NYC with us next weekend. Rebecca will be jealous because they are spending the night and she is going up and back by bus. We are driving. Not sure how to handle.

Just left second party of the day. I am ready for bed. Twelve hour shift tomorrow.

Cindy, hopefully you will have grand babies in the next few years.

I guess we are baby sitting Dec 28. Billy and Mirsa have a wedding( on a Friday). Billy is a grooms man. They guy was his college roommate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (33.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

I lost my entire post! Going to bed, see us all tomorrow!!!