Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
It off when they aren't there.

Mirsa has to take three classes bed semester and not only one. The state says she needs a higher level algebra class for her teaching degree. The school is trying to get that changed as she is certified to teach age 2- grade 2. She likes Kindergarden and is student teaching in a K class now. Her instructor was supposed to observe her 3 more times but she told her only once more because she does so well.

On our way to Rehoboth. Cold and rainy. At least we get to be right on the ocean. I love the little town and all it's small shops. Plus there are tons of outlets on he way into the town on the main road. Delaware is a tax free state. I printed out all the coupon codes and deals.

There is a Talbots outlet on the Easten Shore just over the bridge about an hour into our three hour ride. We will stop there too.

I want to look for a dress for the parties next week.

Our shopping is minimal but I do get he kids something. Often clothes or gift cards.

I am sure they prefer gift cards.

Not sure what to get he two girls that work for Don.

We still have 6-7 more pies to make. I want to bring one to a party we are invited to next Saturday so need one more then planned.

I guess I will peruse the deals at the outlets and see if anything I will want to check out.

Meeting friends for dinner. Being gluten free is hard because we like to carb load a bit before the race. We are going to Nicola Pizza and all I can eat is the salad with chicken or their low carb bola( like a calzone) but all it is is meat, sauce and cheese for me. Friends want to go there so I am trying my best.

I really want Dolley's Carmel Corn. May have to tempt fate and see how my tummy handles it after the race though.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Becky, thank you so much! I love EVERYTHING! I'm not sure I'm gonna let anyone else use my new Christmas mugs.
I'll get a picture posted but I got...
2 Christmas mugs, one chunky mug, one clear glass
2 different flavored coffees. (hmmm, maybe I need a pick me up coffee now)
a candle that smells so good, like cookies.
And-
the cookbook from Becky's local firehouse. I LOVE to look through cookbooks especially the fun local ones. I'm going to have fun with that one!

Debbie, that sounds like a lot of fun! Our sales tax is pretty high here so occasionally the stores will have a "tax free sale" where they pay the sales tax portion.
I hope Mirsa is able to make her math class work out. That sounds a little frustrating.
Its hard to skip the treats this time of year.

I'm procrastinating and getting nothing done for whatever reason today. (well, actually I paid bills, but the house really needs to be cleaned since I've been out and about pretty much every day this week.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #63
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
TGIF!

Thankfully, I have no other packages to mail. DH does mail order for his family and I don't have to deal with it!
The packages I mailed were to DS20 - a final's survival box - DS23's GF for Christmas since she's all alone in New Orleans, the one non-family member we buy for - my Goddaughter, and my BFF because her birthday is next week. We don't exchange for Christmas but do birthdays. And now I can't remember where the others went . . . .

DS23 is talking wedding rings! Yikes!
There might actually be a wedding in my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post
I have a duck as his ring tone on my phone and he called me Tuesday during yoga class. I heard it, but yoga is on the beach and I actually thought I was hearing real ducks.

Love this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post
Went to Isabella's last night. I made meat loaf and homemade mashed potatoes. I never make them anymore. I was able to leave some leftovers there. They are so busy and have no time to cook. I should make more meals for them. I have their key. I could drop it
What a nice thing to do!!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Can't believe it's almost 2 am... Been ordering things for my mom that the stores were out of. We got a good chunk done on her hopping. Now Kim and I will go out tomorrow when the girls are with brad. I need a big button for her scarf.

I'll chat more tomorrow night. Agh... Still got stuff to order!!!
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #65
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

DS23 is talking wedding rings! Yikes!
There might actually be a wedding in my life!

Does that mean you will have a son and DDIL in Wisconsin?

I have to take a pic of DD's Save the Dates and post a pic. They are beautiful.

Off to workout, then groceries at sometime, some errands and then I invited DD and DSIL for dinner and think I am going to make homemade pizza!
Radmom413 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Shopping and lunch with Kim. Her list of stores are growing!!!l
Old 12-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #67
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

Does that mean you will have a son and DDIL in Wisconsin?

I have to take a pic of DD's Save the Dates and post a pic. They are beautiful.

Off to workout, then groceries at sometime, some errands and then I invited DD and DSIL for dinner and think I am going to make homemade pizza!
Who knows!! She still has to find a job AND he thinks she should live on her own before they get married, so she knows how to pay bills etc!

But he's asking questions about how to ask her dad and buy rings!

There is gluten-free pizza crust at the store - it's individual size, but then everyone would have their own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Shopping and lunch with Kim. Her list of stores are growing!!!l

Have fun!!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 12-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #69
Princess Proofreader

All the gifts in the house that should be wrapped are wrapped!

Now for the cards . . . .

It's raining and cold here and supposed to only be 33° tomorrow!
Where can I move where it's warm?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #70

Home and unpacked. Got a ton of clothes at the Talbots Outlet. They have more then the store. Bought two dresses, a few sweaters, tight,pants, and a few shirts.

It is 6 and were ready for bed. Have laundry to deal with. All unpacked. Mail sorted and mostly tossed into recycling.

We had a great weekend with friends but Saturday I developed a bad migraine after the race and after 4-5 hours of rest it got better.

I actually have had a headache off and on since Friday. Just yesterday it became really bad. Thankfully we could still go out last night.

I are way too much over the weekend!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Finally sitting for now.
Neglectful poster Kaye here!

Our trip to Norfolk last week went flawless. Though a long way to go for about a day and half. 16 hour drives each way, ugh.
Got to our tour of the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier about noon on Friday and DH was thrilled to be on his old ship again after 30 years. He knew the ship better than our 'tour guides' and they enjoyed seeing parts of the ship they had never been! LOL It was very nostalgic for DH and glad he got to see her one last time.

Going to our tour:

Me on the flight deck:

Looking down from the tower behind the bridge:

Me and our 'tour guides', such nice young sailors!

The inactivation ceremony on Saturday was touching, sincere and bittersweet. All the Navy top brass was there and 12,000 veterans that sailed on her over the last 51 years, friends and family there to say goodbye. She will have to be dismantled since once they take the nuclear power out it will no longer be structurally sound. It was very sad when they turned off the number '65' lights and had about 50 crew in dress blues disembarked down the gangplanks....

I'm so glad we put everything aside and went to this 'once in a lifetime' event, it was very important and special for DH.

Got home late last Sunday and having focused so much on making that trip happen, it put me behind on my homemade holiday gifts and had to hit the ground running on Monday. Even though I was so tired! Has been a busy week but got quite a bit done, but not enough to be able to get packages to family out of state anytime soon!

I need to go back and read your posts more carefully, but sounds like everyone is busy with holiday prep too and excited that campers will be home soon!
Have another batch of candles ready to pour....
Hugs all around to my favorite short ladies.
Will try to be better about updates!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USSEnterprise.jpg (25.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg FlightDeck.jpg (17.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Islandtower.jpg (41.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg HangarBay.jpg (24.3 KB, 34 views)
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #73

Kaye, what a wonderful trip and great photos.

My husband's aunt died last night. We knew it would be soon as she stopped eating a few days ago. She was 98 and the oldest of the three sisters. The funeral is Wednesday. I will have to take off of work and we will drive to NJ where she will be buried and then to Long Island where his cousin her daughter lives. I think we will leave Tuesday night after we go to the White House.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #74
Queen Bargain Shopper

It's just another Manic Monday!

Kaye - what an awesome trip and experience for DH - that really is so, so cool.
You look great! Hope you will pop in a bit more!

Debbie - trip sounded great and you got quite a few things at Talbots! Sorry to hear about the migraine AND DH's aunt. So excited to hear about trip to White House.

MK - I was wondering as I was driving in the snow yesterday, why we stayed here! We should have moved along time ago!

DD23 photographed and is designing our Christmas cards and so I am waiting.......last year she could print at work (was still in school and worked for housing at the time). This year we have to send out to Shutterfly, Vistaprint or Snapfish......hoping their turnaround will be quick. Anxious to see them. The pics she did of DH and I turned out so cute that I want to get a reprint made for my desk/home.

I didn't wrap a thing. We were in and out all weekend. Then yesterday DH and DSIL went to the range, while DD and I went shopping. We met for lunch and didn't get home till like 2:00. I had been up so early, that I took a nap, worked out, and then showered, crawled in bed and flipped back and forth between "The Mistletones" on ABC Family and the Packer game.

NEXT weekend will be catch up for Christmas....some cleaning, grocery shopping, and wrapping......

Busy week ahead - my team has dinner out on Wednesday for Christmas, then Friday night DD is hosting a new event........after Oprah's Favorite Things. We are doing "Our Favorite Things" and there are about 8 of us getting together for drinks, food and each bringing 5 of our favorite things and then will do some sort of drawing and each walk away with 5 new favorite things. MY favorite is a cute coffee mug with coffee inside!!!!

Ok, enough from me.......gotta stop at Walmart before work, so won't work out till tonight......have a good week all!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #75

I am not sure what my favorite thing would be.

Little things make me happy. Regretfully they are often food. What things in your daily life are your favorites ladies? May mke good shorties gifts for next year.

Super foggy here. DH hasn't left for work. It will be a long slow ride.

MK, I use a frozen pizza crust at home. It is OK. Not really like real crust.
Can you do a vegan type cheese?
You may have a wedding! How exciting.

Cindy, the weather looked horrible for the Packers game. I am sure your Christmas cards will be perfect. Hope you can share here.

Becky, sorry you couldn't go to your concert. How are you feeling?? Didn't I read you are sick on FB or here?

Kelly, does your son have a winter break? My son has about a month off.

Jenn, hope you are slowing down and enjoying the holiday season. I am sure your little ones are excited about Christmas gifts.

Kaye, I never realized your husband was in the Navy. Your trip was really special.

I need to go work out my schedule for January/February for work. Needs to be handed in this week. March will be my most challenging month as I have to take time off for annual convention for DHs association. It is in Beverly Hills!!

Put away my new clothes and found out the women who bagged it up must have dropped an earring and I only have one. They were only $18 minus 60% but I liked them. The outlet is over 75 minutes away.

Tomorrow is White House day. I have a new red dress I bought at Talbots. Hope no one else will be wearing the same dress. I don't think it was in the regular stores.

I will also need to pack for the funeral. I think my black mock wrap dress is good for that. Wish I bought some new pumps. Will wear my old ones. They are in god shape as I only wear them a few times a year.

Tomorrow will be a very busy day!!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #76
Princess Proofreader

Morning!
I wrapped all but one gift, and am waiting on Amazon so i can finish!
I also have to buy DS23 and DD28 some new clothes. Did I tell you that DD28 lost 35lbs?
She's doing Paleo and still at it! I'm so proud of her!!

Kaye - what an amazing trip!! Glad you had fun and really hope to see you more now!

Does anyone besides me think that Jenn was there too?
Am I making this up??
Jenn?

Debbie - wow! You're getting to go on some amazing trips!! Fun!!!
I can't wait to see White House pics!

I used a gluten free crust by Udi I think It's in the deli aisle. I use a cheese called Veggie Shreds. It has a little casein in it - so I have a little trouble, but the others don't melt.

Did we see pics of everyone's presents?

Cindy - the party sounds great!! Can't wait to hear about it!
I have friends from college that immediately moved to FL or CA after school. That would have been the right thing to do! DH and I are looking for a place to spend a few months every winter after he retires (in a few years, or course) . . . . .
There's no need to be cold and miserable all winter!

Shutterfly did our cards and we received them very quickly!

Becky -

Off to exercise and possibly lunch AND dinner out with different sets of friends.

BBL!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Good morning!
Already rolling with gift projects, and glad all the snow they predicted went north of us!

Yes, it was a very special trip which is why we moved mountains to make sure we could go see DH's ship he served on in the early 80s. Misty eyed just thinking about it.

I don't know if Jenn went, as she lives very close to there, and would have loved to have met her, but we knew our time was short and already filled with official events. My sister and husband came down from the DC area for the event and did dinner with them on Friday and they went back home after the ceremony on Saturday.

Deb, you'd be pleased to know I had found a beautiful new dress for the ceremony. I had lost my 'little black dress' to my daughter since she realized it looked fabulous on her and I needed another for me. Got very lucky at a consignment shop and found a gorgeous Talbot's Petite that fit me like it was made for me (well, it DID the week before we went....got a bit lax lately with food, see below VVV ) )

We will not discuss that I'm up a few pounds from not watching what I'm eating. Too much fast food with less time to cook, and my bakery has introduced some new products I've been obligated to try, to provide better customer service of course.
My clothes are snug and feel blobby...ugh.

Hugs and hellos to all, I will try to make sure our thread is a more regular part of my internet routine again. "Check weather AND LCF!!"
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-
I got out for my morning walk pretty quickly this morning.
I won't mention the weather, but DS19 is looking forward to coming home for the weather.

DS15 worked the girls water polo tournament on Saturday all day. (I'm sure it broke his heart to be stuck at a pool with HS girls including his gf) DH and I took advantage of the fact that it was just the two of us and mostly finished our Christmas shopping. We still need to figure out remaining stuff for the boys, but most of what they want will come from ebay because it is "vintage"

Kaye, so great that you all were able to be there this weekend. I'm sure it was a really special weekend.

MK, I'm spoiled, DH does most of the wrapping here. He worked retail in HS and is much better at it than I am.
Congrats to your DD! I haven't really been watching what I've been eating since Thanksgiving and (like Kaye) I'm feeling blobby so need to change that. I just did a dinner plan for M-Th so that will help alot!

Debbie, DS19 has a little over 2 weeks off. He is ready to come home. His boss told him and one of his friends she would give them first choice of hours if they want to work while they are home over break. I thought that was super nice of her.

So sorry to hear about your husband's aunt.

Cindy, we have done snapfish cards for a while. They usually come pretty quickly AND there are usually some decent coupons on the website.
The favorite things party sounds really fun!

Becky, I'm sure you had fun shopping with Kim this weekend.

Jenn, I'm sure you're busy with your little ones. Don't forget to breathe and enjoy them in all the craziness.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My gift from Becky. I took a picture when I opened it, but just now synced my phone.
Thanks again Becky!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0539.jpg (43.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #80
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Kaye - so glad you're back!!

Kelly - thanks for not mentioning the weather! I need to tell DH how lucky he is to have me do EVERYTHING for him!

Time for dinner!
BBL!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Kelly - thanks for not mentioning the weather! I need to tell DH how lucky he is to have me do EVERYTHING for him!

Time for dinner!
BBL!
He's a really good cook too... (told ya I'm spoiled!)
Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #82
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post
He's a really good cook too... (told ya I'm spoiled!)
Sigh.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #83
Queen Bargain Shopper

Yeah; DD25 is the same way - she NEVER cooks.

Working on getting this Christmas card figured out.
DD sent it but won't download or upload.
GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 12-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #84

DH working from home but mostly running errands.

I am going for a run then a mani/pedi. My nails are short and fingers will be French.

Then off to White House. We then have dinner with a gentleman and his wife who are also going. He is the President of a bigger organization that represents aging services whereas my husband's is small and Jewish. My husband has three offices within his office they rent.

After dinner we drive to Philly 2.5-3 hours away and spend the night and get up and drive to NJ maybe another 60-90 minutes to the funeral. The after funeral part is back in LOng Island and we aren't driving there and then trying to come back at rush hour to drive the 5 plus hours home. We will have lunch after the funeral with BIL and SIL and drive home.

Thursday I have hair and brows and the charity thing in the evening.

This is a crazy week.

On top if that DH may drive to Long Island for the weekend with Billy,Mirsa and Bella to see his cousins again. I have to work Sunday.

I also said yes to an open house Saturday and we were invited to a party Saturday evening. I would only go to the afternoon one.

He still needs gifts for his to employees and to bake 6-8 more pies. Not sure when he will do this.

I better go run if only to relieve some stress. I packed for our day tomorrow. Easy since it funeral dress and pjs. I did bring jeans to change into or the ride home if I want.

Need to dig out my winter coat and gloves since the funeral is graveside and it is probably older in North Jersey.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning-
Trying to get DS15 moving. He didn't feel good last night so I let him miss his early class today. (he has PE for "E" period-aka zero period)

Cindy, sounds like your DD is a lucky girl too!
Hope the Christmas cards decide to cooperate soon.

Debbie, wow, busy week! The holidays can get expensive!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #86

Across from the White House at Willard Hotel. The lobby is decorated so beautifully for Christmas. We have about 45 minutes till party starts but have to go through security.

Decked out in new red dress. Stopped and bought expensive black low pulps because none of my home shoes were comfortable. Didn't look at the price and yikes!! Just needed shoes quick and something I could stand and walk in.

Won't be home till late tomorrow.

The funeral is graveside so I went to TJ Maxx and bought a scarf and gloves and a small black purse that can be clutch, shoulder or cross body made by the Sak.

I am so excited and hope for lots of photos.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #88

Off to Philly. What a surreal and wonderful day. I was close to the front of the cordoned off area and shook President Obama's hand. Don shook both their hands. Posted some photos on FB. Will try to do it here. It was beautiful. The Christmas decorations, music, food all amazing!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #89

Not sure if this photo wll upload from phone. I will try
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #90
Queen Bargain Shopper

OMG! Debbie! You got to shake his hand????

How cool is that!!!!!!

You and Don look great!