Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Guess the concert is over.

Becky, do you like your new phone?

The iPhone is just like the iPad.

I use my iPad instead of my kindle a lot but that uses battery quicker

Dinner time.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #272
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
The concert was Jim Brickman (pianist) and was awesome. Alyssa didn't make a peep except at intermission. We ate at Applebee's and then took carry out to Kim and Gracie. Glad to be home tho. Tomorrow I have to make the bank Run that I didn't do on Friday and get the stuff for the Reuben dip for moms, then tackle the laundry.
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #273
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, I love my new hone. It was way lighter than the old one but I've gotten use to it now. Bigger than the iPhone 4. Love love love it. I hope I don't have the problems that I did the last time with the 4... It took 3 replacements to finally get one that worked and it still game me problems.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #274
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Yay! Glad it was fun!!

I need a grocery/Target run tomorrow and finish the laundry for the new year!
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #275
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the reminder MK... I need to get gifts for my great niece/nephew and also moms gift card to Barnes and noble
Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #276

Just found out someone I know from the special Ed community and who lives in my towns son died Christmas. Zach was around 21. He had Neurofibromatosis if I spelled that right. It is Elephant Man disease. His mom was one of the first special Ed parents I met way back when we moved here. I saw her recently out shopping. I feel horrible.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
A break in the action before the birthday girl comes back with her friends.

She said 'Thank your short ladies for the birthday wishes!'

Went to our favorite Chinese place as her birthday choice for lunch because she had plans with her friends later. DH's sister who lives near the restaurant joined us as they're going back to Florida this week. The food was extraordinary as usual.

The gathering at my mom's yesterday was a lovely time. Everyone on their best behavior, all the cousins having fun, good food and lots of laughing. It was a good day and the roads stayed pretty clear for the drive there and back.

Cindy, what did the nurse say that 'opened your eyes' to some things? So many of us are veterans to many different eating plans but always want to learn more!
And curious about the blowdryer!

MK, You sure had a houseful last night! The fun continues with the campers home! Get anything good shopping today?

Deb, how much snow did you end up getting? We got off with just a couple inches.
Edit: So sorry to hear about your friend's son...that's so sad! My sympathies

Becky, glad the concert was great! Is Guinie still eating? I hope so! (((hug))) We have two elderly pets here, a dog and a cat, that we're keeping a close eye on and making special accommodations for their 'needs' lately, special food and extra care.

Kelly, you've inspired me to try homemade mayo, thank you for the recipe that looks so easy! I happen to have a source for fresh, organic, free range eggs! Like 8 steps out my back door!

Jenn, hope the holidays there have been fun!

I've taken too long to write this and I hear car doors out there...the herd is back!

Happy New Year's Eve Eve!
(she NEVER shows up on 'her' days!)

Hugs all around

Last edited by ShortKayke; 12-30-2012 at 06:14 PM..
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #278

Eve shows up at the strangest times.

We had a dusting of snow.

Watching Redskins.

My condolences on the packers loss Cindy. It was a great game.

Becky, Alyssa will have wonderful memories when she grows up. I remember special times with my grandparents.

My husband decided Paleo too restrictive. I agree we need to do something.

I hear DS21 is home. I am sure messing up my kitchen!! I am not going down to see. Took 50mg of Benadryl and getting sleepy. I keep getting hives and itchy skin. Cutting gluten hasn't helped my skin issues. My stomach is better but my skin not at all. I can't say there is decrease in inflammation in my back or shoulders. Wheat is supposed to cause inflammation. My stomach is a lot better so that is good.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #279
Princess Proofreader

Getting ready for bed - I had trouble sleeping last night!
Too many people in my house too late!

Debbie - so sorry!!
Have you had allergy tests to see what's making you itch?

Cindy - DS20 is sad about the Packers too - especially since he won't be in the country next week to watch them play!
Curious what the nurse said too!
Details please!

Kaye - You're so lucky to have fresh eggs!!!
No shopping today - tomorrow!

Becky - I need to stop shopping - I'm out of money.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:20 AM   #280

Happy New Years Eve!

I woke up feeling great. Benadryl really helped me sleep. I didn't make it to the end of the Redskins game.

Hail to the Redskins!! We made it to the playoffs for the first time in many many years.

I need to go put the dip in the microwave.

I have gone to the dermatologist but not the allergist. I should see an allergist. I did like 25 years ago. Can't remember the results but I was looking at seasonal allergy symptoms. I am looking more to food allergies. I use hypoallergenic products on my skin. No scents in anything.

DS21 didn't like Les Mis. His girlfriend did but found it long. That is what I said.

Better go put ingredients in crockpot. Also want to lie out clothes I will wear out tonight. Nothing fancy. We aren't going out with fancy people. Good friends and very down to earth. We celebrate our anniversaries together as they are a day apart.

Happy Healthy New year!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:31 AM   #281
Big Yapper!!!!

NYE... We all made it to another one together and ready to embark on a new year together. You ladies are without a doubt the best on any thread I've ever seen on LCF!

I wish, really wish that in 2013 we could have a shorties weekend. Chicago? Indianapolis? Anywhere, I'm up for most anything as long as its within driving distance.

Gotta get bloodworm done at 830 and then get moms stuff done and my side some things. Need to wrap the stuff I got for mom to give to the kids and wrap what I buy.

I ordered an iPod touch from amazon to put my music on to take to work and for walking. Anyone have the iPod touch?

Gotta get moving. Guinie isn't eating again. I don't have a good feeling about this. I don't want to have her out down if she's not on pain and she's not showing signs of it. There's still times she seeks me out to sit on my lap so I don't feel it's my choice to make if she's not in pain. I know once it's done it's final so I don't want to so it if I don't have to. I feel she'll go when she's ready.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #282
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Morning!

Trying to find a case/cover/keyboard for my iPad!

DH and I are laying low since we are heading to Nashville this weekend. We don't need to spend the $$ that we usually do on crab legs, so will take out some filet's I have....I will probably run to Walmart and pick up some sweet potatoes.

Basically the nurse said that if you eat one way for too long your body gets used to it. She also said that I need to eat before I work out - you HAVE to fuel your body to kick in your metabolism. She suggested me going back to my protein shakes and have it prior to working out - or sip it while I am working out. She said to try to eat every three hours or so..........she also told me..............don't croak now......to stop eating low carb. She also told me to stop counting, tracking and even thinking about what I can and can't have. She gave me a chart to follow with what to eat (portion wise), told me what to look for with grain products (I know some of you stay away from those products) and what the real issues with wheat are. She also told me how to bump up my treadmill work outs. We will meet again in a week and see where I am at. I am just getting tired of thinking about this all the time and truthfully, did this a few months before DD25's wedding and I lost!!!!

Becky - why don't you just use your phone for music? That's what I use - I don't use my iPod anymore. about Guinie!

Oh Debbie - that is so sad about Zach!

Yeah it was a sad loss for the Pack, and I will be out of town for the next game...probably better off...........

Time to start a new thread for the new month & year!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, I have some music on my phone but I don't want to keep charging it more than I need to and I don't want it taking up memory

Blood work done. Heading to Walmart, credit union, Kroger nd then pick up my chargers at the bank. Don't ask me why I have to sign for it!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #284

Becky send the I touch thing back. You can put your music on your iPhone. I don't know how DH did it. Even plays from his iPhone through Bluetooth in car.

Save your money!

This is a wonderful group here. We are only a thread in that we are all stitched together for what like 9 or more years.

Yes, we need to meet in real life. Chicago can get expensive but it is fine with me. I need to fly anywhere but with frequent fliers it is doable. Has to be Usair.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #285

If I don't want to use iPhone I use iPod shuffle. It is tiny and cheap.

I try not to count calories and need to eat every three-four hours or I over eat.

In the end DH and I want to eat in a way we can live with. I have been stable and 122 or under pretty much not doing extreme eating. That is what is most important to me. Yes. 5 less pounds what be great but not maintainable.

The nurse gave excellent Advice!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #286

Kelly, made the dip. It is pure fat. I am goin to keep warming in crock pot. I poured off fat that separated and still good.

Cindy, is Nashville a vacation? I have never been there. My nephew lived there for a while.

Praying I get out of work on time because dinner reservations are 9:15 and other couple coming to our house at 8:30. It work 20-25 minutes from home. DH driving me and picking me up. That way I can bring food in easier and don't need to move car to garage after unloading in front of ER entrance.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Morning-
And, oh my, that Eve does tend to show up around special occasions doesn't she.

DH's car is in the shop getting some odds and ends fixed (like the inside door handle on the drivers side that doesn't work, he has had to roll down the window to use the outside handle to get out of the car for a while now) Hopefully, they will finish up today and I can have my car back.

Kaye, also jealous that you have fresh eggs all the time. Once you make the home made mayo you won't buy it again because its so easy and I think it tastes better.
Glad everyone behaved for the holiday. Sounds like a nice weekend.

Debbie, I hope you like the dip. It does tend to separate a bit, but if you have already poured off what separated I would think it would be okay from there. Otherwise, just give it a quick stir.

Becky, for Guinie.
Our neighbor's told us in Sept. not to be surprised if we found their outdoor cat who had quit eating. (he's 14) The vet had advised them to put him down, they didn't think he was in pain and wanted to let him enjoy his few remaining "days or weeks" He has since made a comeback and is back to his energetic, friendly self and he has put his weight back on too. I hope Guinie does the same.

MK, sounds like your campers are enjoying their time at home. I got up to a sink full of dishes this morning. (at least they were in the sink, and the dishwasher was running when I went to bed so unless they unloaded it they couldn't put them there)

Cindy, we used to go to Nashville from time to time to get away before we lived here. (we were only about 3 hours from Nashville) We haven't been since we moved though other than flying in there once or twice on our way to visit family.

My carb count isn't super low when I eat paleo. I eat sweet potatoes, winter squash, and fruit pretty often. I think its just the lack of alcohol of any kind and the lack of junk food that makes it work. (I have gotten into a habit of a glass or two of wine pretty much every night and that certainly doesn't work for weight loss on any plan) I do have some digestive issues that pop up when I overdo grains. I can get away with a little every once in a while but a steady intake will leave me feeling awful. (figured out with the help of a dr probably about 12 years ago, its not just grains, but they seem to be the biggest culprit. Sodas with caffeine are a problem too, but I only drink one or two sodas a year now so that one is easier to avoid)
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #288
Queen Bargain Shopper

Becky - why do you think you would have to charge your phone more?
I use mine every morning to work out - then use it daily....if I find it running low, I have a car charger and just plug it in, otherwise I just charge it every night.

She did give great advice, Debbie - those nurses are smart people! Like you said, I want something I can live with - the whole counting thing, watching every morsel that goes in my mouth gets old...........oh and DH has business in Nashville, I am just going to to meet him just for a little getaway.

Kelly - I agree about the clean eating thing - even if I am not doing "something specific"....the alcohol plays a role, overeating grains/bad carbs. I am just going to monitor (weighing in every Friday) and see what happens.

Ran some errands this a.m., bank, gas, grocery store - stopped at Starbucks and then went to TJ and wandered around.....got some new short brown boots with wedges (was looking for a chocolate brown boot) a new candle, and a padded cover for my iPad - figure I need something protective at least for now..........having tea, watching Damages.

Last edited by Radmom413; 12-31-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Cindy, most of the paleo plans discourage weighing/measuring/counting which is liberating. They just seem to give me enough structure not to dive head first into the junk food.

I'm not crazy about my ipad cover, its just black and boring, but I LOVE my kindle cover that came from an online company oberon design. They aren't cheap but they seem to get better with age. We bought both boys kindle covers from the same company. (mine is the "tree of life" DS15's is red and has a dragon design (I don't see that one on the website anymore) and DS19 has the "camelot" design in a walnut brown.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #290

I have black leather cover for iPad. My son has the same. You can stand it up.

My kindle has red leather cover with a light. It wasn't cheap.

DH usually orders through Amazon.

On way home from work. Dip was mostly eaten. I think the orange color from the cheddar turned people off. My tech and PA liked it a lot. They wanted the recipe.

I will quickly change clothes and go back out to dinner. We will be home before midnight. Need to be out of the house by 7:30 tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #291
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
I wish, really wish that in 2013 we could have a shorties weekend. Chicago? Indianapolis? Anywhere, I'm up for most anything as long as its within driving distance.
Me too!!

DD26 has an IPod touch. She doesn't want to exercise with her phone - calls would interrupt her! She also has a Shuffle.

I have a Nano - because I listen to books when I watch and the Shuffle didn't hold enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Basically the nurse said that if you eat one way for too long your body gets used to it. She also said that I need to eat before I work out - you HAVE to fuel your body to kick in your metabolism. She suggested me going back to my protein shakes and have it prior to working out - or sip it while I am working out. She said to try to eat every three hours or so..........she also told me..............don't croak now......to stop eating low carb. She also told me to stop counting, tracking and even thinking about what I can and can't have. She gave me a chart to follow with what to eat (portion wise), told me what to look for with grain products (I know some of you stay away from those products) and what the real issues with wheat are. She also told me how to bump up my treadmill work outs. We will meet again in a week and see where I am at. I am just getting tired of thinking about this all the time and truthfully, did this a few months before DD25's wedding and I lost!!!!
Interesting!

Though I'm not sure I could eat with too many carbs anymore.
Why is LC bad?
I always eat before I go to RIP class.
I don't count or track, I just knew what I should eat.
Or . . . maybe i don't. Help!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #292
Big Yapper!!!!

Kim came here cuz I didn't want to leave Guinie. Gracie just asked if she could spend the night Kim's ready to leave cuz Alyssa is tired. So much for us party animals!

I'm glad were starting a new year. Fresh starts are always good.

Kim wrapped the gifts tonight to go to moms. I have to make a red velvet bundt cake in the morning.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #293

Happy New Year! Long day and need to be up in about 5-6 hours.

Something I ate bothering my stomach. Had one glass Riesling. Split chicken skewer appetizer. Had lamb. Three tiny chops with red wine reduction, mashed potatoes and asparagus. The portions aren't huge because no meal over 450 calories. Appetizer was even less and we split it two ways. I didn't eat desert.

Becky, did Gracie sleep over? Hope your celebration with mom goes well tomorrow.

Happy New Year.

We got an email with a picture of Isabella so she is still up. They are at Mirsa's sisters.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #294
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, Kim was here cuz I didn't want to leave Guinie. Gracie decided she wanted to spend the night. She was up til 1145 when she finally gave in and fell asleep. She didn't have a nap and was running on pure adrenaline. She woke up in a great mood, she usually does here but Kim always says she wakes up grumpy. Couldn't be that big aster starts picking on her as soon as her eyes open. She's snuggled up to Papa right now.

Going to moms in a bit. Suppose to be there at 1 but I have the money gifts and gift cards do I need to be there earlier.

Everyone have a good day, see us in a bit!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #295
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

Is there a new thread?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #296
Queen Bargain Shopper

Happy New Year!

And patience Grasshopper! (MK )
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #297

Just leaving from my run and working the club race. No plans for today.

It was fun seeing so many friends.

I will have to look for the new thread!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #298
Queen Bargain Shopper

SHORTIES - New Beginnings 2013, January Edition