Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
I'm feeling tired though....not sure I was sneezing my head off yesterday, just allergies from cleaning my dusty house..but I'm tired today!
Yeap! My sinuses are killing me. I stopped by the drugstore and picked up a decongestant. Hopefully that will knock it out before it becomes something worse.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The scale is my friend this morning! Down to 232.4 AND I worked out last night. I am reading a new book by Dr. Steven Gundry who is a heart surgeon. I listened to him on Jimmy Moore's podcast last week and was interested in what he had to say. Has anyone else read his book? I am really interested in finding out exactly how he does his workouts. I thought it was in the book but it's not. He just briefly talks about it.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I woke up to 229.4 this morning!! So glad I didn't give up on my exercising. I knew that eventually the scale would have to move

How is everybody?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
awesome number cfine! I'm excited for you!

I was at the gym yesterday over an hour, and had a good time! I have my tunes on when I'm on the elliptical, and people probably think I'm crazy, b/c sometimes I'm dancing too!

I have to stop myself at the gym from comparing. I see thin people and immediately think if only I could be that thin.....I have to stop that thinking! I am thinner than I was a year ago, so I'm happy with that.

My mom said that my dimples are back in my face! Whenever I get heavier, my face loses the dimples....wish I could get rid of the dimples in my thighs!!! hahahah!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day.

My daily mantra: Think healthy.

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Woohoo for more losses, even with excising, cfine! You're almost to the 50 pounds lost mark, and doing great!

If I were in the gym and saw you dancing, I'd think, "I want to be happy and uninhibited like that woman" more than I'd envy the super skinny. Dimples back are a great non-scale victory, too.

I got a bunch of new workout DVDs from Amazon that I'm eager to try out: Miralai Holland's "Fabulous Forever," Jane Fonda's Prime Time "Firm and Burn" aerobics, and Joel Harper's "Firming after 50." I think I'm getting addicted to working out; I'm eager to finish up some stuff at work and get home to work out.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Woohoo for more losses, even with excising, cfine! You're almost to the 50 pounds lost mark, and doing great!
Thanks Sven. I was down almost another pound this morning. I will be so glad to be back to where I was before my DD went into the hospital and I went into a carb tailspin.

Quote:
If I were in the gym and saw you dancing, I'd think, "I want to be happy and uninhibited like that woman" more than I'd envy the super skinny. Dimples back are a great non-scale victory, too.
I agree completely. I'm sure that you are an inspiration to others around you Lindsay!! Keep it up.

[QUOTE]I got a bunch of new workout DVDs from Amazon that I'm eager to try out: Miralai Holland's "Fabulous Forever," Jane Fonda's Prime Time "Firm and Burn" aerobics, and Joel Harper's "Firming after 50." I think I'm getting addicted to working out; I'm eager to finish up some stuff at work and get home to work out.[QUOTE]

You exercise fiend!! LOL! Go get 'em Sven!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

That is a good perspective, enjoying myself while getting healthy, is where I will put my focus. Thank you.

WOA (work out anonomys) Hi, my name is Lindsay and I ...work out.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning all! So, It's FRIDAY, my favorite day! I'm feeling good, wearing size 12 jeans, L shirt and a smaller BRA! LOL My rings are spinning so much now that it is frigid in NJ. I had my rings resized after my daughter was born, now five years later----they are way too big,yay!

My dinner last night was weird, but good. My husband had to go out, so it was just me and my dd. She had her little noodles with red sauce and a meatball. I pan sauteed salmon and lima beans, with garlic, butter, evoo, and salt/pepper. It was really good! My lima beans tasted like mashed potatoes! WEIRD!

After work, I'm going to the gym and yoga...excited for my night of exercise!

ttyall soon, Lindsay
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon!! I LOVE to make my salmon in a pan with some butter. Yummo! I bet it feels wonderful to be wearing those size 12 jeans. Hopefully one day I will be wearing that same size Keep it up, Lindsay!

I did a workout last night that was SO intense(for me.) My workout buddy and I decided to do 30 minutes on the ellipitical and I thought I would die(but obviously I didn't.) I had to go into that zen place in my head just to make it through it. I was very proud of myself after it was done. The longest I've ever done the ellipital was 14 minutes. I slept like a baby last night.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

cfine you are awesome! Zen place is great! I go to my zen place every other minute of my day! Keep up the great workouts!!! I'm off to the gym right now from work.

You will get to the size you want. I never thought I would be wearing 12's ever again. Slowly but surely my fat is melting, just like the butter in my pan!!!!! Working out has done wonders for me
Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Great job on that intense workout, cfine! Great job on fitting into size 12 jeans, Lindsay! You guys rock!

The scale is just bouncing up and down the same 3 pounds for me, so I'm trying to be patient and keep working out and staying on plan. That I can control (better than the scale, anyway), so that's going to be my focus.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok..here I am and I feel like crap. It all started on Friday with a trip to our accountant. Things did not go so well for us. It did, however, go very well for the IRS. Anyway, you get my point. I ended up going into a food tailspin. I stayed in bed all day yesterday just eating carby junk all day. It was not a pretty sight.
Now..fast forward to today. I can hardly move, my feet hurt, my arms hurt, my lower back hurts. Why would I ever do this to myself?? I am really trying to figure this out in my head so that I don't continue this horrible habit to comfort myself.
I am back on track today. I refuse to wallow in self pity. I will be at the gym with my workout buddy today(I bailed on her yesterday.) I KNOW that I have it in me to do this because I did it for five months without destructive behavior and I had stress during that time too.
Gotta go and tackle the kitchen now Watch out eggs, here I come!!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Slowly but surely my fat is melting, just like the butter in my pan!!!!!
Love it!! And so true.

Quote:
The scale is just bouncing up and down the same 3 pounds for me, so I'm trying to be patient and keep working out and staying on plan. That I can control (better than the scale, anyway), so that's going to be my focus.
Seriously, you are my hero!! You keep on going no matter what.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Ok..here I am and I feel like crap. It all started on Friday with a trip to our accountant. Things did not go so well for us. It did, however, go very well for the IRS. Anyway, you get my point. I ended up going into a food tailspin. I stayed in bed all day yesterday just eating carby junk all day. It was not a pretty sight.
Now..fast forward to today. I can hardly move, my feet hurt, my arms hurt, my lower back hurts. Why would I ever do this to myself?? I am really trying to figure this out in my head so that I don't continue this horrible habit to comfort myself.
I am back on track today. I refuse to wallow in self pity. I will be at the gym with my workout buddy today(I bailed on her yesterday.) I KNOW that I have it in me to do this because I did it for five months without destructive behavior and I had stress during that time too.
Gotta go and tackle the kitchen now Watch out eggs, here I come!!
Oh, sorry about the bad day with the accountant and the carby food. But here are two good things:

1) you are getting right back on plan today!!!
Hurrah for those eggs! Hurrah for that workout!

2) You had a very vivid reminder that carby crap makes you feel like crap, which is a great reason to stay away from it in future. And a great example of how you can keep falling off plan down to just 1 day, not weeks or months.
I'll bet those will help you during especially stressful times in future.

You're my hero today, cfine!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aww..Sven, you're going to make me cry. Thank you!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #226
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: neeleyo
hi there

I just started reading though this thread. I know I am very late, but is it ok if I join?

A little about my situation: I am not new to LC, but after my last LC bout 3 years ago, I switched to a vegetarian (and at times vegan) diet. I did it for animal cruelty reasons. When I was on LC before, I was at my lowest 146 lbs. At my highest I was 218. Oddly enough, being a veg/vegan I put on a bit of weight. I believe it is because I have a serious addiction to bread and hot tamales (the candy-- can you believe it is vegan?). Anyway, one of my biggest regrets is at my wedding last year, I wasn't ready to commit to LC and was my current size walking down the aisle. What a shame..

Anyway, I have come to terms with the fact my body responds best to a low carb lifestyle. I was healthier then; more energy, more control. I have tinkered with LC a few times over the past 3 months (never more than 3 or 4 days) and am ready to really do it. I always stopped because the animal cruelty stuff got in my head. I have since found a "certified humane" chicken source (Smart Chicken Company) and buy Phil's Farm Fresh "certified humane" eggs. I know it sounds nuts, but the whole animal thing has been really hard for me.

Anyway- that is a little bit about me. I feel empowered to do LC again since I found a source of food I feel comfortable with.

So- I have my first Valentine's with my husband on the 14th and then have an event Feb 21. I am not sure how much I can lose by then (any ideas)?

I'd love to be part of yalls group!

Thanks!
neeleyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

, neeleyo! We're glad to have you join our group. We've been doing 3-month-at-a-time challenges together, and after Valentine's Day, we'll start another 3 month challenge (Thinner by Memorial Day, maybe?), and it would be great to have you join us.

I can relate to your concerns as a vegetarian/vegan. I was a vegetarian from adolescence until about a year ago (and I'm age 56). My motivation was the "Diet for a Small Planet" idea of feeding more of the world's people, less environmental impact, and concerns about animal cruelty. Unfortunately, I am very insulin-resistent/carb sensitive, and I gradually became about 100 pounds overweight while eating a "healthy" high carb (but low sugar, no junkfood) diet, so I've begun eating meat again.

I am lucky to live close to a food co-op that emphasizes products from local, organic farmers and stocks grassfed meat, free-range eggs, and free-range poultry. I am pretty confident that the animal products I eat are raised humanely and allowed to eat the sort of diet that is natural to them. (I especially like free-range duck eggs, and I have met the duck egg supplier, who clearly cares very much about the welfare of her birds.) I'm glad that you have found a humane supplier of poultry and eggs. I also eat a lot of organic dairy (heavy cream in coffee and recipes, raw milk cheeses and triple cream cheeses, full-fat organic sour cream and cottage cheese), and that is very consistent with the vegetarian diet I used to eat, and a fair amount of wildcaught fish.

We can accomodate all sorts of plans on this challenge thread, but I suggest that you pick a plan and follow it exactly for a few weeks. Most of us here at least began with Atkins induction; would you be willing to try that? The Atkins website has a description of induction and the foods to eat on it (though I suggest that you avoid the processed Atkins brand bars and shakes); you can also find the Atkins books at your library or available cheaply at used book stores.

If you have been eating relatively high carb, then you will probably have a whoosh of water weight at the start, which will help you go down in size by Valentine's Day and by the event on Feb. 21. After that, most people lose at most 2 pounds of fat per week, with some of us (like me) being slower to lose weight. But we can all control whether we stay on plan, even if we can't control how fast we lose weight, and we all make progress as we stay on plan.

A lot of us have also felt healthier eating low carb, especially if we give up wheat/gluten/grains and sugar; I no longer have IBS, indigestion, acne, eczema, circadian rhythm disorder, mood swings, as well as having lost over 50 pounds over the past year. I think the health benefits are wonderful and reward us even if our weight loss is slow or stalls from time to time.

Let us know what plan you decide to follow and check in often--every day, if you can--so we can offer you support and you can support us in return.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #228
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: neeleyo
Thanks, Sven! Glad you understand... I think it becomes a huge mental battle for me when it comes to the animals, but knowing that they are humanely sourced helps a lot. I've never had duck eggs, but I hear they are good. That is really cool you know the farmer though! So cool..

So I am going to do Atkins Induction. I ate eggs this AM and ground chicken for lunch (with jalapeno mustard 0carbs). I have this diet Arizona Green Tea I am obsessed with. I know sugar free stuff you have to be careful with, but I just cannot NOT drink it!

When I did LC before, weight dropped off relatively quick. First couple of days I lost 5 to 8 lbs. When I lost a lot of weight before on LC (a few years back), I lost about 25 my first month and then dropped about 8 per month after that. I total lost about 40 and then did maintenance which quickly turned into a total diet shift to vegan. lol. Then the weight ...came sneakin' in.

Anyway- I will post here in the morning when I weigh. This morning it was 196.2. I did eat an ENTIRE (I repeat, ENTIRE) loaf of italian bread last night. It was one of those round ones. I didn't do it because I was going to go on LC today-- I have actually been thinking about doing LC for a while and went ahead and sources products I felt comfortable with-- but I woke up this morning and just said to myself, "This is the day!"

I hope I get the water whoosh. (that sounds like labor ) Will let yall know in the morning. Thanks for letting me in your group! I might be new but if there is one thing I am ... I am a good friend! Lookin' forward to helpin everyone along on their journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
, neeleyo! We're glad to have you join our group. We've been doing 3-month-at-a-time challenges together, and after Valentine's Day, we'll start another 3 month challenge (Thinner by Memorial Day, maybe?), and it would be great to have you join us.

I can relate to your concerns as a vegetarian/vegan. I was a vegetarian from adolescence until about a year ago (and I'm age 56). My motivation was the "Diet for a Small Planet" idea of feeding more of the world's people, less environmental impact, and concerns about animal cruelty. Unfortunately, I am very insulin-resistent/carb sensitive, and I gradually became about 100 pounds overweight while eating a "healthy" high carb (but low sugar, no junkfood) diet, so I've begun eating meat again.

I am lucky to live close to a food co-op that emphasizes products from local, organic farmers and stocks grassfed meat, free-range eggs, and free-range poultry. I am pretty confident that the animal products I eat are raised humanely and allowed to eat the sort of diet that is natural to them. (I especially like free-range duck eggs, and I have met the duck egg supplier, who clearly cares very much about the welfare of her birds.) I'm glad that you have found a humane supplier of poultry and eggs. I also eat a lot of organic dairy (heavy cream in coffee and recipes, raw milk cheeses and triple cream cheeses, full-fat organic sour cream and cottage cheese), and that is very consistent with the vegetarian diet I used to eat, and a fair amount of wildcaught fish.

We can accomodate all sorts of plans on this challenge thread, but I suggest that you pick a plan and follow it exactly for a few weeks. Most of us here at least began with Atkins induction; would you be willing to try that? The Atkins website has a description of induction and the foods to eat on it (though I suggest that you avoid the processed Atkins brand bars and shakes); you can also find the Atkins books at your library or available cheaply at used book stores.

If you have been eating relatively high carb, then you will probably have a whoosh of water weight at the start, which will help you go down in size by Valentine's Day and by the event on Feb. 21. After that, most people lose at most 2 pounds of fat per week, with some of us (like me) being slower to lose weight. But we can all control whether we stay on plan, even if we can't control how fast we lose weight, and we all make progress as we stay on plan.

A lot of us have also felt healthier eating low carb, especially if we give up wheat/gluten/grains and sugar; I no longer have IBS, indigestion, acne, eczema, circadian rhythm disorder, mood swings, as well as having lost over 50 pounds over the past year. I think the health benefits are wonderful and reward us even if our weight loss is slow or stalls from time to time.

Let us know what plan you decide to follow and check in often--every day, if you can--so we can offer you support and you can support us in return.

Last edited by neeleyo; 01-27-2013 at 12:19 PM..
neeleyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Neeleyo. We are glad to have you.

Hey Sven, I have already been thinking about our next challenge. I think a cute name would be...Marvelous by Memorial Day. You have to say that in a nice southern drawl to get the effect though. What do ya'll think?

It's been a hard day today because of all of the pain I'm having from the carb binge yesterday. I am REALLY hoping that I remember how this feels the next time I have a notion to have a binge day. I have been in the bathroom all day and my knee was throbbing when I went to the gym. At least I got a good workout in today. My workout buddy and I had a FABULOUS workout and we found something that we really like. That's a stretch for us LOL! We are doing thirty second bursts on the elliliptical followed by ninety seconds of just normal speed. We did that for twenty minutes and plan to work up to thirty minutes. The time went by so much faster and we had sweat flying off of us. It was great.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Hello all! I was able to finally drop the weight I gained over the holidays... so frustrating! And I didn't even eat off plan -- it was just the amount of food and drink! I'm never doing that again...

Now I am starting to think about my trip coming up -- I am going to St. Thomas, St. John, and the British Virgin Islands in April -- for 11 days!! EEK bikini time!!!!!

I am starting to do strength training now to tone up. I hope to be down to about 120-122 by the time we leave. I think that is do-able if I continue what I am doing. I found some videos to follow... but really, I know all of the exercise so I can do them while I watch TV. We have lots of different size weights and an exercise ball.

This weekend we went to Brasa in St. Paul for dinner - it was delicious! I had the pulled chicken with their creamed spinach with jalapeno. YUMMM!! Probably one of my favorite meals ever. I wish I could re-create their peppery cream sauce on the chicken... I'm not sure what is in it! Sven?? Have you had it? Any ideas? Next time I will try their rotisserie chicken... it looked amazing too.

My hubby and I got some amazing looking steaks to grill this week, and I have a pork loin waiting to go in the crock pot one of these days. Last night we had chili... probably leftovers again for dinner tonight.

Happy Monday!!!

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Macc, I'm jealous Sounds like a fun trip. Glad you lost your holiday weight. A few weeks ago I went out of town with a friend. I usually don't drink much, but we drank quite a bit. When I got home I had gained six pounds, and I believe most of that was from the alcohol. And your menu sounds yummy.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday All! TOM for me------------------AGHHHHHHHHHHH. Anyway, once my cramps subside, I'll be a happy camper. Unfortunately Advil is my friend today.
Sorry if TMI.

Welcome Neeleyo and enjoy the ride!

Today I'm in the mindset that the overall picture is so much more important than a number. I'm living a lifestyle that is not a fad, not a quickfix, nor a gimick. I'm living a healthy lifestyle that I can do, forever. It's working! I'm not worried about gaining weight every year anymore, I'm freed of that. We have to relish in the little moments each day that make us happy, like today, my skin doesn't look too bad considering TOM---I think my eating is helping with that. Also, I understand that losing lbs is not easy, and what I'm doing for myself as far as food choices and exercise makes me a stronger woman, a good role model for my daughter. Oh a side note...my five year old, says the other day....mommy this food only has 5 carbs.....she's really catching on to me!!! I must say the word...carbs... everyday, what five year gives a hoot about carbs, let alone knows what they are!!?? She made me laugh!

Ok, I know I get a bit corny about life in general, but it's what keeps me going. I'm really not in this just for the number on the scale or size of pants. My husband said at 155 on our wedding, you looked skinny, but right now, I REALLY like your curves! He's so funny too sometimes! I think he just likes that I'm taking care of myself again.

Have a happy day and smile from the inside out.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

cfine, I think that Marvelous by Memorial Day is a great challenge name. I'm really impressed that you did a good workout despite pain from carbs the previous day. I the think "fast as you can/normal/fast as you can/normal" pattern you and your friend did is "interval training" and it's supposed to be much more effective at building muscle and losing fat than just plugging along at a moderate pace for a long time. So that's a great strategy--keep up the excellent work.

Macc, congratulations on losing the holiday weight gain and on the upcoming vacation. How lovely to be somewhere warm during a Minnesota winter. I've never been to Brasa but I've heard good things about it. I'll have to see if I can convince my best friend to go there for our next meal together. I'll order what you did and see if I can replicate it; one can make a lovely cream sauce by just cooking down light (or heavy) cream until it's thick (with added spices), so it might not be too hard to approximate with meat from rotisserie chicken and my usual creamed spinach recipe plus some jalapeno.

Lindsay, I hope your cramps get better soon. I always really appreciate your positive perspective on things, and I'll try to remember that and appreciate the health benefits when the scale doesn't move. You have a lovely family--what a sweet daughter and husband--which is exactly what you deserve.

Neeleyo, how is Atkins induction going today? If you feel bad, make sure you drink broth or generously salt food, and consider taking magnesium and phospherus supplements if you get muscle cramps. The worst is at the start--it really does get easier.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Macc, I'm jealous Sounds like a fun trip. Glad you lost your holiday weight. A few weeks ago I went out of town with a friend. I usually don't drink much, but we drank quite a bit. When I got home I had gained six pounds, and I believe most of that was from the alcohol. And your menu sounds yummy.
Yes I was shocked at how quickly the weight went back on... I think it was mostly the alcohol. We had literally 6 days straight of 'holiday' celebrations in a row... eating and drinking of course. I gained exactly TEN pounds from December 21st to December 27th!!!!!! The first five pounds came off within 48 hours, and the last 5 or so took me exactly a month. SO crazy how quickly weight fluctuates....
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

So, I got my pain medication going ahead of the game with my cramps, so they never got too too bad. I have to do that with my migraines too. I can feel one coming on, so I don't hesitate. Migraines and cramps, two of my horrible TOM side effects! Lucky me.

Had a wonderful Atkinesque dinner. Steak with a salad topped with bacon, cheese, ranch dressing, mushrooms, cucumbers. My hubby makes a great steak. He tops a little melted butter on it right when it's done!

Today is a gym day for me. So, I head there right after work. Excited about the elliptical, never thought I would say that! I used to have an elliptical at home, but I like going to the gym and leaving my sweaty workout ---at the gym.

At home I do different exercises, cleaning, cleaning, yoga, cleaning.

Have a great day everyone!

My daily mantra: Keep your eye on the prize.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun at the gym, Lindsay. I was planning to lay off exercise for a few days, to see if the scale would finally move, but I find that I'm missing working out. Well, I'll give it a few more days of not working out (in case my muscles are hanging onto water, thus explaining my stuck scale) and do something else healthy instead--maybe read "The Perfect Health Diet" book and take a sauna when I get home. And/or watch some of the workout DVDs that I own but haven't tried out yet, so I'm more prepared when I go back to working out.

I'm afraid that I don't get much exercise cleaning. I pay a very nice person to clean my house thoroughly once a month, and she gets a great workout. But there's just me (who spends a lot of time at work) and my elderly cat (who sleeps a lot), so we don't mess things up too much.

I've been trying out various flavors of tea from a company called David's Teas (check it out on the Internet, if you are a tea fan). My favorites so far are "Chocolate Orange," "Red Velvet Cake," and "Chocolate Chili Chai"--yummy with some cream or half and half, and my personal lowcarb dessert these days. Any other tea fans here?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Lindsay, you sound like me with the whole ellipitical machine! I couldn't wait to get on that thing today. My friend said the same thing. We are loving our new routine. I NEVER EVER thought I could do it, but I am. It's such a great feeling.

Sven, I hope that your little break on the working out results in a loss. It usually does the trick for me I love reading books on nutrition and weight loss. As far as tea goes, my DD is the tea fan around here. I have never really liked hot teas. She has every kind known to man. I bought her a beautiful cast iron teapot for Hannukah this past year and she loves it.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:05 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that I checked this thread this AM. I've been very discouraged this week because the exercise I've been doing seems to have greatly slowed my weight loss. Last week I purposely took the week off to see, and the loses definitely came faster. But I like exercising. At the same time, I really like the scale moving! I'm sore this AM, which I know can cause water retention. Arg!
Adoug4ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

I can only offer sympathy about the exercise versus faster weight loss dilemma, Adoug4ho. This is my fourth day not exercising, no whoosh, and I miss working out. I'll give it a couple more days and then go back to working out this weekend, if no losses materialize.

I'm doing a sort of JUDDD fat fast today--tablespoons of cream in flavored tea, for up to 500 calories, plus lots of water. I guess I'll try doing the JUDDD-style fat fast for a few days if I stick with it today; I see lots of macademia nuts and tea with cream in my future. I hope that might get the scale moving down again.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Hey cfine! My work out was good yesterday, was sweating a lot! ELLIPTICALS RULE BECAUSE YOU CAN PUMP YOUR ARM FLAB! ha!!!!

Sven---I have 3 cats! I love my cats so much. I have two dogs as well and love them to pieces, but I'm partial to cats I think. I believe I was a cat in my other life because I LOVE my sleep.

I'm feeling like I need to mix things up a bit too. I think I'm gearing up for an Atkins 2 week induction to see if I can get things moving again.

I'm going to Atlantic City with husband tomorrow night and I will eat well, but I'll probably start the induction on Saturday or Sunday when I can really monitor my food.

HAVE A FAB DAY.