Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
There's a chia seed thread on the main board, with a link to some sort of chia seed pudding that several people seem to like. I haven't tried it myself, but my sense is that it might be a bit like tapioca pudding, since the seeds get gelatenous when put with water. You could also search the board for "chia" threads, Zagnut. Let us know if you try them out. I have eaten sugar-free granola that had chia seeds as an ingredient (after picking out and throwing away the raisins and berries). I really didn't think they added much taste; I couldn't have guessed they were present, in a blind taste test, so you probably have to add other flavoring to the seeds or toss them in for a little fiber, like you might do with flax seeds in a salad or other dish.

Zagnut has done callenetics in the past, and there's a JUDDDers doing callenetics thread on the JUDDD part of the board. It sounds very effective for toning, but also, from what I've seen, calls for a fair amount of coordination to get the form right. Since I'm a klutz and feel especially klutzy with 50 pounds still to lose, I probably won't try that out until I lose more weight, though I do own a Callenetics DVD. Let us know how you like Callanetics, if you try it out. I think that Youtube has some instructional videos about it, also.

Cfine, can you work with a personal trainer or, maybe better, a physical therapist to get advice on which exercises would help, rather than exacerbate, your joint problems? I recall Literate Griffin saying that about the only equipment she could use with her bad knees was a recumbent bike and rowing machine. I can't seem to get myself to the gym, so I do better with working out to DVDs. The Jane Fonda Prime Time ones are gentle and have modifications you can do, if you can't easily do a particular posture. I just did the easy workout on "Fit and Strong" and the lower body workout on "Firm and Flex" Fonda videos. Qi Gong is also very gentle and many of those exercises can be done sitting down; I like the Ken Cohen DVDs. I hope you find something to do that helps and doesn't cause you pain.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 05:04 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stepinthyme
Stats: 289/???/190 - 5'-8"
WOE: Low Carb/Counting Calories
Start Date: Restart January 2014
Happy Last Day of 2012 everyone!

Welcome, Cfine and Adoug4ho...

I'm not sure what's happening, but for some reason, I've managed to gain nearly 4 pounds in the past 12 days. While I'm not thrilled by the number on the scale, I can honestly say that I have NOT consumed an extra 14,000 calories--so something else has to be causing the gain.

I suspect that restarting my fitness program (I tend to gain a couple of pounds in the first month of working out regularly) may have something to do with it, along with the joys of being perimenopausal...

I'm hoping my post helps to assure other people out there that the scale often has a mind of its own, and I believe you really should stick with a plan for a while, even if you have some speedbumps along the way. Just like life, not everyone's weight loss journey is strewn with rose petals and streamers!

On the other hand, I'm delighted with my NSV's for December...
  • I have worked out a food plan that works for me, and that I can stick with indefinitely.
  • My clothes are fitting better.
  • I have a fitness plan that works for my physical limitations right now, my schedule and my budget.
  • After almost a year of struggles and setbacks, I'm back in control of my weight loss journey--I cannot tell you what that does for self confidence!
I wish everyone a very Happy New Year--be safe, have fun, and I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's posts thru the rest of this challenge!

Diana
Old 01-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: 2 meals low carb, 1 meal my choice no snacks
Hey everyone! Happy New and Healthy Year!

Started the new year off well, ate very well and went to the gym. Had pork and veggies at my grandmothers for dinner and sf pudding and fruit for dessert.

I'm looking forward to this year as another step in my health journey. My workouts will be more often and my calories will be better tracked. I do think I'm eating too many calories even though I choose wisely way more often than not.

Oh--- I will always keep chocolate In my plan. Is it a main food that I need to eat---no, but I will not forbid it.

@Diana - you sound very empowered and that is awesome!

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: johnsa37
Stats: 155.4 (post-partum) /155.4/130
WOE: Low carb to drop the baby weight :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2014
Happy New Year, all! Welcome to 2013

I am doing well. I haven't cheated with my newfound wheat allergy. I haven't touched wheat because it's just not an option anymore! I made it through Christmas and New Years without ONE bite of a cookie or pie! That's definitely a first for me!

I did gain a few pounds --- TOO much food and alcohol in general... but I will get it off. I already lost a couple pounds since I weighed in right after Xmas. It WILL come off

I have an appointment with my allergist today. Not sure what it is for, but it will be interesting to hear what he says about my wheat allergy.

My resolution is to incorporate yoga and pilates to tone up. I will find some videos tonight

Have a good day everyone!
johnsa37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepinthyme View Post
Happy Last Day of 2012 everyone!

Welcome, Cfine and Adoug4ho...

I'm not sure what's happening, but for some reason, I've managed to gain nearly 4 pounds in the past 12 days. While I'm not thrilled by the number on the scale, I can honestly say that I have NOT consumed an extra 14,000 calories--so something else has to be causing the gain.

I suspect that restarting my fitness program (I tend to gain a couple of pounds in the first month of working out regularly) may have something to do with it, along with the joys of being perimenopausal...

I'm hoping my post helps to assure other people out there that the scale often has a mind of its own, and I believe you really should stick with a plan for a while, even if you have some speedbumps along the way. Just like life, not everyone's weight loss journey is strewn with rose petals and streamers!

On the other hand, I'm delighted with my NSV's for December...
  • I have worked out a food plan that works for me, and that I can stick with indefinitely.
  • My clothes are fitting better.
  • I have a fitness plan that works for my physical limitations right now, my schedule and my budget.
  • After almost a year of struggles and setbacks, I'm back in control of my weight loss journey--I cannot tell you what that does for self confidence!
I wish everyone a very Happy New Year--be safe, have fun, and I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's posts thru the rest of this challenge!

Diana
I'm sure that your muscles holding onto water, as they get used to your new fitness workout, is the explanation for the scale going up, Diana. Once your body gets used to your workout and your muscles are accustomed to that exercise, I'm sure you'll lose that weight in a whoosh.

Sounds like you are starting out the new year with a great attitude and a plan that works for you. I hope you have a wonderful 2013. Those NSVs you report are excellent--worth more than a drop on the scale, IMO.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
Happy New Year, all! Welcome to 2013

I am doing well. I haven't cheated with my newfound wheat allergy. I haven't touched wheat because it's just not an option anymore! I made it through Christmas and New Years without ONE bite of a cookie or pie! That's definitely a first for me!

I did gain a few pounds --- TOO much food and alcohol in general... but I will get it off. I already lost a couple pounds since I weighed in right after Xmas. It WILL come off

I have an appointment with my allergist today. Not sure what it is for, but it will be interesting to hear what he says about my wheat allergy.

My resolution is to incorporate yoga and pilates to tone up. I will find some videos tonight

Have a good day everyone!
Good going, Macc! It's really hard to avoid wheat in at least trace amounts, so congratulations to you for doing that. I hope you are carrying an Epipen with you at all times, just in case, though. It's awfully hard not to gain some during the holidays, with so many events organized around food and drink. I know you'll get to your goal, and look even better with your yoga and pilates routines.

There are clips of lots of videos on the "college video" website; I use that to help me find exercise DVDs that seem workable. I've been doing the Jane Fonda Prime Time DVDs with 8 pound weights, most days, and I'll try to keep that up.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
Hey everyone! Happy New and Healthy Year!

Started the new year off well, ate very well and went to the gym. Had pork and veggies at my grandmothers for dinner and sf pudding and fruit for dessert.

I'm looking forward to this year as another step in my health journey. My workouts will be more often and my calories will be better tracked. I do think I'm eating too many calories even though I choose wisely way more often than not.

Oh--- I will always keep chocolate In my plan. Is it a main food that I need to eat---no, but I will not forbid it.

@Diana - you sound very empowered and that is awesome!
Hi, Lindsay, I hope you have a great 2013. I've had to be very disciplined about tracking calories on JUDDD, and it's surprising how fast calories can add up, even when one is avoiding carbs and making healthy choices. Have you gotten used to eating chocolate that has a high percentage of cacao (such as 75 percent or 85 percent)? When I absolutely, positively have to make a dessert, I make truffles by melting 85 percent cacao chocolate, combining it with grassfed butter, HWC, and vanilla, and pouring it into mini-muffin tins and chilling it. Yum!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Good going, Macc! It's really hard to avoid wheat in at least trace amounts, so congratulations to you for doing that. I hope you are carrying an Epipen with you at all times, just in case, though. It's awfully hard not to gain some during the holidays, with so many events organized around food and drink. I know you'll get to your goal, and look even better with your yoga and pilates routines.

There are clips of lots of videos on the "college video" website; I use that to help me find exercise DVDs that seem workable. I've been doing the Jane Fonda Prime Time DVDs with 8 pound weights, most days, and I'll try to keep that up.
Thanks!! I had six days in a row with food-related holiday events. Family in town, lots of separate celebrations with different people... it was ridiculous! I never eat that much!!!! I feel SO much better today getting back to my routine -- coffee and CO/HWC for breakfast, with my hb eggs and cheese stick for lunch. Tonight we are having shrimp and broccoli for dinner. YUM!

I always carry two epi-pens with me... always have since my allergist scared me about my vegetable/fruit allergies several years back when he said "you will die"!! My allergist didn't have much to say today. Although he did say that if I eat trace amounts of wheat (one of my questions, since lots of things say "may contain wheat"), there is a good probability that the allergy could get worse. He said to avoid ALL products that contain or may contain wheat. I am being very careful. I am supposed to go back in 2-3 years to get re-tested.

I usually like to try out some of the workout videos that are "On Demand" through our cable provider. I find a couple that I like, and then order their DVDs. That's my plan for tonight!

Have a good rest of the day!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I finally made it to the gym today for the first time in a long time. I did the stretching machines and all of the weight machines for my lower parts that I used to do at the physical therapists. It made my joints feel so much better! I still am not sure what to do about exercising my arms and upper body because I have such bad mid-back pain when I try to too much movement(even just at home doing too much work in the kitchen.)
I have managed to lose 2.5lbs since last Wednesday which is pretty good considering I had a horrible high carb day on Saturday. I'm happy with it. My energy levels are back too.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad to hear that you are taking the precaution of carrying Epi-pens with you, Macc. I know that it's a pain, but I guess you'll have to avoid a lot of processed food to avoid traces of wheat. There's an article on Livestrong called "Additives containing gluten" that says "modified food starch," "hydrolyzed vegetable protein," "flavor additives" (including bouillon, rice syrup, malt) may all contain wheat, and I guess that may be true for beer, also. Thanks for being careful; we don't want to lose you.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
I finally made it to the gym today for the first time in a long time. I did the stretching machines and all of the weight machines for my lower parts that I used to do at the physical therapists. It made my joints feel so much better! I still am not sure what to do about exercising my arms and upper body because I have such bad mid-back pain when I try to too much movement(even just at home doing too much work in the kitchen.)
I have managed to lose 2.5lbs since last Wednesday which is pretty good considering I had a horrible high carb day on Saturday. I'm happy with it. My energy levels are back too.
Good for you, cfine! That trip to the gym and the 2.5 pound loss is a great start. Is there anyone--a physical trainer at the gym, a physical therapist--who could advise you on safe arm and upper body exercise that wouldn't cause you a lot of pain or exacerbate any health problems? I'm glad you are feeling better in lots of ways, including getting your energy back.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that you are taking the precaution of carrying Epi-pens with you, Macc. I know that it's a pain, but I guess you'll have to avoid a lot of processed food to avoid traces of wheat. There's an article on Livestrong called "Additives containing gluten" that says "modified food starch," "hydrolyzed vegetable protein," "flavor additives" (including bouillon, rice syrup, malt) may all contain wheat, and I guess that may be true for beer, also. Thanks for being careful; we don't want to lose you.
Yes... it seems that wheat is hidden in everything!! I haven't had much processed food at all really. That seems to be the easiest way!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Today I woke up feeling optimistic, again. Last night I think I realized I was in maintenance mode, because I'm eating well, but still have peanut m&m's here and there, so last night instead of reaching for them, I had two spoonfuls of cream cheese. It satisfied my late night fridge raid and I felt good this morning. I'm definitely not ready for maintenance mode-so I've got to make better decisions all throughout the day. I also just got a great book called Perfect Body Diet (Women's Health) by Cassandra Forsythe. It totally promotes low carb in a way that looks appealing to me. It also makes you add glucommanan, so I might be trying that soon too. It talks about the importance of fats, the correct amount of carbs for certain body types, some good recipes too. For Example:

Chocolate Cake Smoothie:
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
1/3 cup water
1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
4 grams glucomannan
Ice cubes

BLEND TILL SMOOTH! 10 carbs/8 fiber/6 fat/250 calories/39 PROTEIN!

Seems pretty healthy and easy!

How's everyone feeling today?

Last edited by 4myfuture; 01-03-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

I'm feeling good about myself since I made myself do both the upper body and lower body Jane Fonda Tone and Flex workout last night, when I got home at 11:30 pm. My arms are a little sore from hefting those 8 pound weights, but I guess that's a good thing.

Today's a JUDDD up day for me, so I started the day with 1/4 cup HWC in my coffee and 2 T. of coconut butter, and I doubt that I'll need anything but water or green tea for most of the rest of the day, I feel so full now.

Lindsay, are you doing the higher fat, lower carb version of the Women's Perfect Body Plan, or the one higher in carbs and lower in fats?

Last edited by svenskamae; 01-03-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Hey Sven---I'm still reading the book and will incorporate a bunch of stuff, but I think I'm liking the higher fat version. "Greens and Berries", I think is what I'm liking! I like the book a lot and the approach seems very doable.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Made this last night before dinner! It was so yummy!

Portobello Mushroom Cap (scoop out gills) Drizzle with EVOO
Put a few slices of tomato on top Drizzle EVOO
Mozz cheese slices on top of tomato Drizzle EVOO
Sprinkle with Italian spices, salt, pepper

Toaster Oven 400 degrees till warm and bubbly!

Just thought I would share!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Made this last night before dinner! It was so yummy!

Portobello Mushroom Cap (scoop out gills) Drizzle with EVOO
Put a few slices of tomato on top Drizzle EVOO
Mozz cheese slices on top of tomato Drizzle EVOO
Sprinkle with Italian spices, salt, pepper

Toaster Oven 400 degrees till warm and bubbly!

Just thought I would share!
Yum! I've been thinking about making a portobello pizza sometime soon but hate heating up my oven to cook one mushroom cap. Oh, of course, the toaster oven would work great. Thanks, Lindsay, I'll try that. I have a big supply of frozen pesto in little containers, that I made with friends last August, and I could put on a slathering of that, too.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Cfine, someone on the JUDDD page who has problems with her shoulder said that she's been doing the Classical Stretch program (which began as a PBS program and is sold on DVD now). Maybe that would be good for you for upper body work. There are back pain relief videos called "Classical Stretch--The Esmonde Technique: Back Pain Relief Volume 1" and "Classical Stretch-The Esmonde Technique: Back Pain Relief and Prevention" that one can order from Amazon.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Quote:
There's a chia seed thread on the main board, with a link to some sort of chia seed pudding that several people seem to like. I haven't tried it myself, but my sense is that it might be a bit like tapioca pudding, since the seeds get gelatenous when put with water. You could also search the board for "chia" threads, Zagnut. Let us know if you try them out.

Zagnut has done callenetics in the past, and there's a JUDDDers doing callenetics thread on the JUDDD part of the board. It sounds very effective for toning, but also, from what I've seen, calls for a fair amount of coordination to get the form right. Since I'm a klutz and feel especially klutzy with 50 pounds still to lose, I probably won't try that out until I lose more weight, though I do own a Callenetics DVD. Let us know how you like Callanetics, if you try it out. I think that Youtube has some instructional videos about it, also.
Thank you Sven, I found the chia thread and will be ordering some. I basically want the health benefits of it, don't really care if they any flavor I guess, lol. I've shied away from them because of what they look like when soaked, slime But will let you know how they go once I get some.

I love callenetics, I always felt wonderful after a session, I just didn't stick to the entire program like I've wanted to, I still do some of the stretches EVERY day, my neck pain has completely disappeared. I used to get bad pain from the work I do right at the base of my neck every night.
When I started callanetics, it was hard to do the ab crunch exercise because of it, i had to keep taking breaks because it hurt the back of my neck, after a few sessions, my neck obviously got stronger and now I can do them without any pain and never have pain at work anymore. So some I stick with because they don't take that long and really are miracle moves

And you don't have to be graceful or perfect in the moves at first, you eventually know the right way to do them and they are all low impact, they are designed to be super gentle on the back.
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the reassurance about callenetics, zagnut. That's really helpful, and I feel much more comfortable trying it out, knowing that I don't have to be graceful or perfect in the moves at first ... cuz that would definitely not happen in my case. (Looks for emoticon of little face tripping and falling on its butt. )
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

GOOD MORNING! Freezing here this morning in Jersey. Slipped into my 14 slim kahki colored jeans and nice pink shirt with scarf and felt good. I had another good night last night, just had a little bowl of pineapple with whipped cream for a snack. I'm not afraid of fruit, but I understand how others don't like eating it.

Today I'm going to focus my thoughts on Valentine's Day---picturing myself in a red outfit a size smaller! It's not that far away. These challenges seem to go by so fast!

Not sure what's for dinner tonight, what are you guys having?

ttyall soon! Lindsay
Old 01-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
I'm excited for you Lindsay! Clothes that fit are the best feeling
I've added more fruit as well. Pineapple, blueberries and every now and then 1/2 a banana. Blueberries are my absolute favorite, so I'm happy to have them back. I've also added small amts of oatmeal on my down days with JUDDD, load it up with fruit and I'm happy!
Not sure what we'll be doing for dinner, I think I'm going to finally try to make the Oopsie rolls today and see how they work. I have cream cheese in the fridge that needs used up. I'll also make a batch of pina colada muffins for the weekend.
May not feel like cooking after those two, so we may go out lol, a nice big chef salad from the local pizza place sounds good right now!
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

I really miss fruit, but I don't trust myself to exercise portion control with it and worry that it will stall me. If I get to the non-obese category and am still successfully doing JUDDD this summer, I'm going to cautiously try a small serving of fresh fruit plus fat on one up day per week and see how that goes. I don't miss most sweet things or carby stuff, but I do miss yams, beets, carrots, and fruit ...

I'll bet you look great in that outfit, Lindsay, and will look even better on Valentine's Day. I'm wearing a fancy silk dress (that I got for very little at the Amherst Salvation Army) at work today, because I'm hoping that it will get too big by summer, and I want to get some use out of it while I can. And I fit in a Jane Fonda walkout workout this morning before work, so I'm feeling upbeat and energized.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes... it seems that wheat is hidden in everything!! I haven't had much processed food at all really. That seems to be the easiest way!
I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with an allergy this serious. My DD has a peanut allergy, so I can totally relate. It's scary eating out but I have never wanted her to be afraid to live so we just make sure she always carries her epi-pen. She has had to use it on one occasion which was very scary!!

I am down four pounds since last Wednesday. Not bad!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for the advice on the exercises, Sven. By the time I get finished in the kitchen every day, my upper back is on fire and I am miserable. I'm so hoping that this problem doesn't get any worse.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It seems that everybody has been busy this weekend since no one has posted. I hope you all have had a good one. We have had pretty weather here in Tennessee today. I went and exercised yesterday AND today!! I did six minutes on the elliptical, seven minutes on the bike, and five minutes on the treadmill today. That's more than I did yesterday. I am going to try and keep adding minutes until I get up to a combined total of 45 minutes. Plus I do my weights for my legs and stretching.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

That's great, cfine! You are doing wonderfully with exercising, and I think your plan of slowly adding minutes to the elliptical, bike, and treadmill is very sensible.

I've been making myself do a Jane Fonda Prime Time workout or 2 or 3 every day, and it really does get easier, the more I do it. In part, it's just less mental effort to make myself do it on a given day if I've been doing it on previous days, and in part, it gets easier because my muscles are getting stronger and more flexible.

I hope you keep checking in here with your exercise successes, and we can inspire each other.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

cfine and sven!!! great exercising, you'll see how you will crave the workouts! Awesome!
A body in motion stays in motion!

Happy Monday, yes the weekend was busy, took down 5 hours worth of decorations...LOL Planet Fitness is great, I've been getting in 50-55 minute workouts in regularly. Won't go today, but planning to go Wednesday.

The holiday chocolates are officially out of my house today ---my goal is to stay away from it for a while!

My husband and I were trying to think of after dinner "sweet" snacks besides sf pudding. Any ideas?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Daily Mantra: Thinner feels good.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
cfine and sven!!! great exercising, you'll see how you will crave the workouts! Awesome!
A body in motion stays in motion!

Happy Monday, yes the weekend was busy, took down 5 hours worth of decorations...LOL Planet Fitness is great, I've been getting in 50-55 minute workouts in regularly. Won't go today, but planning to go Wednesday.

The holiday chocolates are officially out of my house today ---my goal is to stay away from it for a while!

My husband and I were trying to think of after dinner "sweet" snacks besides sf pudding. Any ideas?
I eat a few frozen black cherries when I long for sweets, letting them melt in my mouth. I guess that chocolate isn't an option for you, but sometimes I eat a square of 85% cacao chocolate when craving. If you drink diet soda, you could try the "root beer" (or other flavor) float by adding a little HWC to a diet soda. Sometimes a small serving of nuts--such as marcona almonds or macademia nuts--feels like dessert to me, and so does a spoonful of Artisana coconut butter. And there are lots of lowcarb baking options for sweets, like cheesecake and sweet fat bombs, if you don't mind using artificial sweeteners, or coffee with some cream and sugarfree flavored syrup (Torani or DaVinci). Do any of those appeal to you?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

One of my favorite after-dinner sweets is a spoonful or two of cream cheese with some sweetener... sometimes I add a splash of lemon juice or SF jam to make sort of a cheesecake concoction

Quick, easy, and yummy!