Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #61
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
thanks Zag

i am looking into JUDD
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #62
Deb

snowing here so i guess its shoveling for my workout today
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
GREAT KICKBOXING CLASS YESTERDAY, MY MUSCLES ACHE!!! I was starving yesterday, maybe from 60 minutes of intense exercise, but I stayed on plan (except for my chocolate covered almonds) LOL I love chocolate and would prefer to eat that over pasta anyday!

HERE'S A TRICKY DAY COMING UP FOR ME---CHRISTMAS EVE---Mother in Law making her traditional homemade periogies for dinner! I will eat a serving because it's once a year. I'm ok with that for dinner as long as the rest of my day is "good".

Have a great day everyone!
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to say too, that my husband and I made a great chicken white chili for dinner last night.

Chicken breast cubed and cooked with onion, yellow pepper, white kidney beans (don't add if you don't eat beans), can of diced tomatoes, McCormick white chicken chili mix, added some hot sauce and little more chili powder for our liking, melted cheddar cheese for garnish ----NO TORTILLAS--lol----SO GOOD!!! loved it, and i have leftovers for tonight!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Hi, Lindsay. Your chili sounds really good. I use Eden brand black soybeans in my chili, since they are the legumes lowest in carb, but they can be hard to find outside of health food stores. (Fortunately, my local food co-op has them.)

I've been trying to figure out what the psychological barrier is to my using exercise DVDs and decided that I was worried about feeling too big and clumsy if the workout was at all difficult. So I ordered a couple of the Jane Fonda beginner workout DVDs aimed at old people, figuring that I ought to be able to do those, at least, without feeling completely incompetent. So I'm resolved to start using those once they arrive from amazon. Once I feel competent at doing those, maybe I'll move on to Jillian Michaels or T-Tapp or Callenetics.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
We made a delicious chili last night as well! I just had leftovers for lunch -- YUMM!

We did add beans, but halved them in the recipe as my hubby is not a huge bean fan and they are rather high in carbs. We topped it with shredded cheese and sour cream.

So yummy on a cold, snowy day!!

Sven -- did you get a ton of snow? We got about 13 inches at my house... my commute wasn't bad at all, but some co-workers said it took them upwards of 2 hours to get to work -- YIKES! Hope you are staying safe and warm!

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I wish I could use dvd's....I feel too big for my living room! Yoga in the living room I could probably do, but lots of movement and I might break something or hurt myself!

Sven--I think you'll feel great doing one of your dvd's! Go at your own pace! No one will know!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Macc. I got at least 10 inches of snow, according to the weather report, and it certainly seemed like that much when I shoveled my steps, today. Fortunately, my neighborhood association pays someone to plow the sidewalk (for which we all pay association fees), and I walk to work, so I didn't have to dig out a car. I don't mind walking through snow, but hate walking when it's icy. I wear gripper/tread things called "Yak Trax" on my boots; Welna hardware and Midwest Mountaineering, and they are great for people like us who live in the snow belt.

Thanks for the encouragement about the DVDs, Lindsay. I hope to report back, soon, that I actually DID the exercises, rather than just ordering the DVDs.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

I got my 3 exercise DVDs (2 Jane Fonda ones for older people, one basic one with handweights) today, and I PROMISE that I'll do one of those after work tonight (assuming I don't fall and break something walking home on the ice).

We know that Lindsay is setting a great example with her varied exercise routines and classes. What are others here doing for exercise (or hoping to do)?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #70
Deb

everyone is working out

im still sore from my 5k tread run but i will be going first thing in the morning for another
Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Good going, Deb! Keep up the excellent work!

I'm planning to work out tonight ... and I want to avoid reporting that I didn't manage it, tomorrow ... so let's hope that gets me going!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All! Getting workouts in I think is as hard as staying on plan sometimes! Haven't been hungry in the morning these past few days, usually I'm ready to eat! Anybody skip breakfast sometimes?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Workouts? what are those? LOL You guys put me to shame! I really need to get my butt moving, hectic holidays are my excuse now, I guess that can be my one and only resolution, well that and to clean out the clutter in my house :P
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
Good Morning All! Getting workouts in I think is as hard as staying on plan sometimes! Haven't been hungry in the morning these past few days, usually I'm ready to eat! Anybody skip breakfast sometimes?
I've never really been a breakfast person, now on JUDD, I usually don't eat until around 7pm or so on DD's and not until lunch on UD's.
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

I have to confess that I didn't do the exercise DVD last night. My excuse is that I worked late, then had to go grocery shopping and cook to bring food for an office party tomorrow and do a backlog of dishes and ... well, then it was midnight, and I knew I had to be at work early today. I'll have to work late tonight, too, and to go to a play with a friend tomorrow, so I'm making a new resolution to do at least one of those DVDs over the weekend. And if I don't do it, I have to come here and confess, yet again.

Good going on holding off on eating until late in the day on your down days, zagnut! I forgot to bring my lowcarb food to lunch today, so I'll see if I can make it through work on just water, green tea, black tea with a little half and half, and V-8, and eat my lean protein when I get home.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sfmom
Stats: 176/112.0/135 5'8" tall
WOE: Low carb
Hi all - Sounds like everyone is doing well

Sven - don't feel bad I've yet to do my Jillian 30 day shred work out - I did open it and watch the level one and see if I thought I could get through it or not without dying. I hope to do it for the first time after DH leaves for work today.

Lindsay - I never eat breakfast, a typical day for me is coffee with heavy in cream in the morning (2 of those) and then I have dinner between 7 and 8 and if I get hungry later I will have a bed snack. Dinner is usually a large serving of meat sometimes with veggies on the side, sometimes not or a salad with cheese on it with blue cheese and homemade low carb french dressing mixed together. Some nights I'll have good size bowl of full fat greek yogurt with fresh raspberries and splenda for dinner. If I am hungry when I get home from work and haven't started supper yet, I will have a cheddar cheese stick to hold me over. I haven't eaten breakfast for years and I find if I do I am starving all day long and end up eating more than I normally would.

Deb - great job on the 5k treadmill run - I'd be passed out for a month if I attempted that LOL

Audrey
sfmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #77
Deb

when i had the room i did JM shred..

great workout..takes time to get all the way threw it but really kicks your butt

i did a bow-flex session this morning
Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

So, I guess you don't really have to jumpstart your metabolism with breakfast? Maybe that's another old school rule??? Sometimes I'm starving for breakfast. This week not so much, I guess I'll just go with it.

Staff breakfast today, I chose egg/bacon quiche thing--didn't eat the crust, and had a little cup of yogurt with berries.

I've been feeling motivated the past few days, choosing wisely, and I'm sticking to wearing better clothes. I wore a fushia pink button down shirt today (haven't worn it in about 5 years) and form fitting pants.

Button Down Shirts----love when they feel a bit loose and the buttons are busting open!

Have a great Friday everyone. Maybe I should look into this JM shred?

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
Old 12-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Lindsay. I think it's a good rule to not eat when you aren't hungry, so go ahead and skip breakfast if you don't wake up hungry, and eat breakfast if you are hungry.

I'm wearing size Medium (8-10) pants today! They are yoga-style pants with an elastic waist, so they accommodate my apple shape, but it's great to fit into size medium in my hips and thighs. When I started out doing lowcarb in January, I couldn't get into size XL pants from this company (Title IX), and now I've shrunk down to mediums. That's a great Christmas present to myself!

Good for you for getting back into those 5-year-ago pants and shirt, Lindsay. Are others here getting back into their smaller clothes or getting new smaller sized clothes for the holidays?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

I just made it through my workplace's holiday party, eating a lot of highfat cheese plus some of what I had brought (salmon/cream cheese dip, flax crackers, and raw veggies). I probably went over my daily protein allotment quite a bit, but I did avoid the carby stuff, sweets, and alcohol, so I feel that I did pretty well under the circumstances. Most of what was on offer was not food that I could eat on my plan, and I did skip all that.

Tomorrow's a down day, which I hope goes well. I'm not going in to work and am giving myself the assignment of doing at least one of those exercise DVDs!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #81
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
So, I guess you don't really have to jumpstart your metabolism with breakfast?
i think its so

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
I'm wearing size Medium (8-10) pants today!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #82
Deb

39 minute 5k on the tread this morning
Old 12-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, that's impressive, Deb!

I managed to do the "prime time" (for older people) upper and lower body workouts on a Jane Fonda DVD on Sunday, plus spent over an hour on the elliptical machine at the highest level of resistence. I hope I can keep up the workouts. I felt good after doing them, and I think it was good for me to do them, especially upper body, since the main exercise my arms and shoulders get is just typing and carrying groceries.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Staff Lunch---yes, another one! I chose very wisely!!!
Chicken with sundried tomatoes
green salad
fruit
water

NO DESSERT/ROLLS/PASTA/RICE/or soda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

I was eyeing up the homemade cookies, but I just took a deep breath and told myself I'll feel better later not eating the sweet treats.

I had a pretty good 60 minute kickboxing class yesterday, I was a bit tired, but still tried to give it my all.

SVEN---awesome job on the work outs!!! That's so great!

I'm definitely fitting into better sizes. Had a size L pants on the other day, they were workout pants with a drawstring, but hey....L is good for me!

I'm realizing too that this is my weight loss journey, but it's also my LIFE journey---it's not just about the number on the scale. It's my relationship to food, that food is not the enemy, food is my choice and I can control it. Controlling my food at lunch today was very big for me. Normally, a year ago I would have had the pasta, salad, and cookies AND DIET SODA. I just know now what works for my body.

I feel a sense of calmness now around food....is that weird?

My goal weight is in the 160's, I don't know when or how close I'll get to that number, if I do great, if I don't, I still know I'm feeling and looking better, and getting better labwork results!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by 4myfuture; 12-17-2012 at 10:45 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, Lindsay. Good for you on the exercise and food choice fronts.

I especially like your philosophical posts, about how this change in WOE is a life change and an attitude change and a health change for us. I know what you mean about feeling a new sense of calmness around food now. I try to remember the line "If hunger is not the problem, food is not the solution," and mostly I manage to live by it these days, and to make healthy choices.

Will you be getting some Christmas vacation time, while school is out? Have you made plans for that?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
I had to buy a new scale because I tripped over my old one, smashing it against the baseboard HARD and it's dead forever. Unfortunately, the new one, while very fancy, weighs me a full five pounds heavier than the old one. So it looks like I've gained 5lbs overnight, when I know I haven't since I was fasting yesterday. Bummer.
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs S View Post
I had to buy a new scale because I tripped over my old one, smashing it against the baseboard HARD and it's dead forever. Unfortunately, the new one, while very fancy, weighs me a full five pounds heavier than the old one. So it looks like I've gained 5lbs overnight, when I know I haven't since I was fasting yesterday. Bummer.
Bummer, indeed. Sounds like breaking the old scale was just an accident, and so not even a therapeutic experience when it refused to cooperate. But good for you for doing the fast yesterday. I'd be tempted to think in terms of the old scale weight and just subtract 5 pounds from whatever the new one says, in terms of my "real" weight.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #88
Deb

Quote:
spent over an hour on the elliptical machine at the highest level of resistence. .
see now thats impresive

for older people ..........
Old 12-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
see now thats impresive

for older people ..........
LOL, yup, that's me, an older person ... I'm 57 in February, and I figure that I can count myself as old--er, in my prime --once the AARP wants me as a member. So I think I'm doing pretty well for an old (female) codger.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #90
Deb

Quote:
LOL, yup, that's me, an older person ... I'm 57 in February:

im 50 in july

not happy about the number but i feel 35 so all is good