Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Just a quick note here. Didn't wanna leave ya hangin'.
I horribly misjudged how cutting the insulin out would effect my system. I didn't realize it at the time, but all that gurgyness that was coming on a couple days ago, and the horrible headache, were previews of the (DKA) Diabetic Keto Acidosis. It's been a nightmare, but I'm turning it around.

I can't wait to hear how your class went and how you & you crew are doing.
I'm spending most my time in bed right now...but I'll check in with you soon.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #242
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
what? You got something better to do than visit with Loty??

Well, I feel better now! Had that girl come over for 2 hrs and we busted out cleaning! She is such a good girl, I feel really bad for her though. She is a good friend of mines daughter. DF had her our senior year though so has not been a good mom to her. Very jealous of the attention the girls gets from her dad. Like mother and daughter compete for his affection. Also she has 2 little kids now, 5 and 3, and THEY are her kids. The teen is just a big oops and can do nothing right! Very resentful towards her, so sad.

Anyway she is going to come 1 time a week and help me out! Will come for 2 hrs and I told her I would give her $15.

So had work, cleaned, roller skating, and now.....ahhhhh butt to couch!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Just a quick note here. Didn't wanna leave ya hangin'.
I horribly misjudged how cutting the insulin out would effect my system. I didn't realize it at the time, but all that gurgyness that was coming on a couple days ago, and the horrible headache, were previews of the (DKA) Diabetic Keto Acidosis. It's been a nightmare, but I'm turning it around.

I can't wait to hear how your class went and how you & you crew are doing.
I'm spending most my time in bed right now...but I'll check in with you soon.

OH no!!! That is not good lady!! Oh my goodness I am super worried about you! Did you have to go into the Dr.s today???

Check in when you feel ok
Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!

just googled DKA

Oh I hope your feeling better soon!!! Is Rob upset with you for messing with the meds?

You know after reading that it reminds me about LC. Do you know the difference between ketones and ketosis? LC-ers always want to be in ketosis but ketones are bad...always confused me
Old 12-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning my little sicky friend!

Hope your feeling a little better this morning
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heya, Goodmorning!!
Feelin' almost human this morning...a very sick human...but that'll get better.
No, Rob's not mad at me. LOL. He gets that I was attempting to drive the BS #'s down with strict LC and exercise, and from what I was producing on the BS monitor...the #'s were no higher than they were when I was taking the dope...so I didn't see any problem. I still don't understand how it is that this happened, and so quickly. I'm guessing that my system is just so dependant on that junk, that even if my #'s are really high, while on it...it's still glad to have it.
So, the new plan...once I regain some strength, I'm gonna work on the biking, like before...continue w/strict LC, and thennnn lower the dope as necessary. That's clearly how I should have approched this whole thing in the 1st place.

Enough about that garbage!! How did your class go?! That's way impressive that folks are gettin' all jazzed about the new restaurant!! So was that the last class?! You have your Tuesday evenings back now?! DATE NIGHT!!

Oh man, I feel just heartsick over your friends teen girl. That's just awful that the kid has to pay the price for the mothers choices like that...and then have to be witness to the two younger kiddos being treated entirely different.
We have a guy friend, from way-way back, who hooked up & eventually married a gal that had a daughter by another fellow. Our friend who was in the role of full-time Dad, always treated that little one like she was 2nd rate. As she was growing up he'd tell her horrible things out of frustration with her poor behavior...such as -quit eating the food in this house, you're not my kid...that was my money that bought that food- Just all kinds of really awful/teardown remarks. He and his wife went on to have 2 daughters together, and he does treat them like royalty compared to his step daughter. Rob & I have always really cared for her, very much, and consider her our family. We don't have much of any relationship with our friends bio-daughters. So we try to spoil her, often and let her know that we think the world of her.
Back to your friends daughter, I think that's really cool that you're giving her a money making postion that she can feel proud of, and spend some time with someone who will treat her like she's someone of value. That's a win/win!! Good for you!!

So that's really interesting about your works volunteer plan!! Pretty neat, and very giving!! Busy week for you, forsure!! I hear ya on the 40hour thing!! Those must be super high energy folks that can juggle work, kids, home, social life, errands!! NO-WAY!!

So what's your plan for your evening?! Congrats on your loss!!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #247
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad your feeling almost human!!!! I won't even try to pretend to know what the heck happened! You theory sounds spot on to me! If the numbers are the same...whats the diff??? Weird!!!

Tonight Gracie is singing in a choir at this garden So cute....but she can't sing worth a darn!!

It is soooo pretty with snow so this year just won't be as fun without it They bring in reindeer and hot chocolate, and then spaced throughout the gardens, which is huge, are groups of carolers! We usually hit the santa house after and visit the big guy but tonight I have to bring one of her friends home after. She is coming over for dinner and the going home at 8.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #248
Blabbermouth!!!

So I ended up working all day at work, DF didn't need me today. But that means.....I get all day tomorrow off! I told DF to call me if she needs me for tomorrow so I can't say that I am totally off but no regular work

Well half of team awesomes grades are in. The power point grade was 50/50 booyah! The written portion is worth 100 , should know in a day or two. Yes that was the last class but the first week in Jan we start business law I think Jeesh....I can't remember what I signed us up for

Got home from work at 4:20, walked the boys from 4:30 to 5, and then ran out the door, had to have Grace at the garden by 5:15. We are watching her sing and Mr. Loty says hey theres your Mom and Dad up in front. He was instant high blood pressure LOL! I am just indifferent. I have no response at all when I see him. No flutters of nerves or adrenaline, nothing. So weird, that you can totally shut someone off and not think a thing of it again. Anyway, then we went out to dinner, SIL and her hubby went with us too. Did I mention I can't stand him???? Well if not let me make it known now...I can't stand him!

Was pretty happy with myself for getting in that bit of a walk today! Maybe I will get to that work out room tomorrow!!! Whats it been...2 weeks I have been trying?!?!

Had DH pick up more pills for poor Jack. He is itching still He started prednisone on Nov 19th. Was fine when it was once a day but when it went to 1 every other day he started itching again. Called and the receptionist gave me 3 more pills.....geeze thanks!!! Looks like I will be back at the vet next week! Sunday needs her rabies this month too. A little afraid to take her in, they are going to tell me she is too fat! Oh but she is so flipping cute all fat! She does need to lose like 5-6 lbs though! My chunky little monkey
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

Well got the text that DF needs help today. So going to work on planning Ava's class Christmas Party. I had volunteered to do it and still have to figure it out! Just got the list of parents who volunteered to bring stuff so I would like to get calls out to them this weekend. Oh and need to paint my nails today so may bring that along as well! I had been doing it at work but whoa...work got nutso busy this week!!! NUTSO!!!!

You know we went out to eat last night. I did not over eat and did stay on plan for my carby meal. Up 3 lbs today!!!!!! What the heck do they put in that food?????? Its sort of scary to think about!

Mr. Loty's work has adopted the pediatric unit of the hospital for Christmas, the employees donated some money and they had bake sales and such, not sure how much they earned but must have been a lot! They went and bought 1000 stuffed bears and $1500 worth of gifts! We donated games for the wii. I found a great sale!!! Got 10 games for $100! Two of the games were normally $50 a piece!! They were at toys-r-us on sale and then it was also BOGO....score!!! He is having a super meltdown right now. For the last 3 years he has tried to get all the 11 store managers in the district to not pool their money for a gift for the boss and to instead donate in the boss's name something. Anything. Toys, food, supplies to womens shelters, anything. But nope, none want to go for it. So we have to give $75 to the gift fund to give the boss a $500 gift cert and the 2 asssitants $200 gift certificates. Now all these people make over 100k, the boss guy is looking at a $60,000 bonus coming next month, do you really think he cares about that $500???? Nope! We just don't get people!

Well anyway enough of my random ranting! i am really not cranky today even though my post appears I am on the verge of a meltdown over something
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #250
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi girlie! How did it go today??? Hoping your doing better than yesterday!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My LOTY!! Oh how I've missed thee!!

That Garden you posted pictures of is sure pretty!! I'm so Glad that you all had a Good time!! Very *festive* of you guys!! Gettin' your Christmas Joy ON!!

How's your baby Jack doing? Is he going to require another vet-visit? Why do they have to be so lame, as to dose out the dope so sparingly, when he obviously needs a bigger hit of it than they'd originally prescribed?! It's one thing for us human folk to get jacked around, medically...but OH BOY...someone oughtta stand down where it comes to the little's. *-->RAGE<--*

Oh, so you may have chose something -light- for your next class...Business Law!! Yikers!! Taking Real Estate Law was part of our lives some years ago....simply riveting material.
I'd think you'd probably see your magic #'s from this last class, maybe early this coming week, huh?!

I'm with you & Mr. Loty on that horrible -suck up- program that the majority of the store managers are on, regarding lavishing the BigBossDude with a bunch of nonsense that he won't likely even truly appreciate!! I think that's just *AWWWFUL* And, I don't like it!!

Dangit, I don't know what to say about those stupid magically appearing pounds you found. Know that I'm sharing in the fun & games right along side ya!! I saw 199.5 this week, and now....206.5.
WE WILL TURN THIS AROUND & GET IT DOWN!! Pow!! That's a rockin' little jig!!

I can't wait to hear how A's little Christmas Party is coming along!!

Yesterday was a better day. I pushed myself to get all kinds of stuff done/caught up on...and just when I'd think it would be a good time to sit down/relax/catch up with my Loty...I'd think of something else that I -had- to get to. It was refreshing to have some energy to work with!! And I tell ya, I was so Thankful that I keep up on the housework thru-out the week, cause really, the house looked pulled together the whole time, even though I didn't lift a finger. <curtsy> Oh wait, except if ya had spy eyes on the area of the floors that meet the baseboards...then ya could see Kiki~furrs building.

Today I feel *Terrific*!! So...while Rob heads out to enjoy his bible study with the guys & has breakie with them, I'm gonna get ready for the day. We're gonna bonsai outta here the moment he gets back home, for some all day shopping/galavanting/dating.
Before we zip off I'm gonna pack us some snackies. So I need to bake Bacon, and make some spendy~Dip. Gonna toss some hardboileds into our pack, swiss/cheddar, ham/salami, black olives...and a ton O' water. Cukes-celery-carrots for the dippage.

B: 4 slices deli~turkey w/ a dallop of creamcheese/black olive/pickle mix-double green tea-vites

What's your day all about today?!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #252
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I am SOO SOO glad your back to feeling better!! Now lets not do that again shall we???! I am glad you got on and posted this am, I was going to have a worry wort meltdown if I didn't see ya!!

I am back down two of those pounds today I suspect the other one will be gone tomorrow morning.

We had ball games at 8:30 and 11:00 today so went out to breaky in between. Had my carby meal then so salad and meat the rest of the day. I wasn't terrible, had scrambled eggs, 3 sausage links, 1 biscuit with gravy and some fruit. Last night I made such a yummy salad for dinner. Had grilled chicken, walnuts, craisons, apples, feta cheese, and tomato. Super yummo! Do you all have Olive Garden restaurants out there? If not they have a really good house Italian dressing and I bought some and that was we used. Low carb dressing too and really good!!

you hit the nail on the head with the sucker uppers! Funny thing is the district objective is to make an impact on the community and establish emotional connections. Well don't ya think that would totally qualify for both of those? Irritating! Then his store won some award thing, anyway the company gave him $1000 to do something nice for the employees. They didn't really need anything around the store and if you just divide it and give them the cash they have to pay taxes on it which ticks the people off. So DH decided to buy each of them a turkey, a ham, and the other fixings for a holiday meal. It was a lot of work and planning but I thought a great idea. He passed them out yesterday and whoa called me fit to be tied! People really complained. He tries so hard and his heart is in the right place, I just keep reminding him your never going to please everyone! Try to let those fools roll off you back and just feel good about the ones that did appreciate the gift. Heck I appreciate it! We get a kit too, that saves me a bunch of money and time! He has right around 100 employees I think, so they all got around $100 in groceries.

Yes I am going to have to take jackie back in this week unless he makes a super turnaround! He has been taking the pills everyday again the lat couple days and still itching! They asked me if I treated my house for fleas. Uh...no none of the dogs have fleas! I really really really like the vet but his front desk staff Poor guy itches and bites himself anywhere he can reach. I just got done brushing his hair because he is giving himself knots with all the itching/biting

I know! That class is going to be some super duper reading material!! *snore* Still anxiously awaiting results on the paper

your snacks for the shopping marathon sound awesome!! What ya'll on the hunt for today???

I am going to take a much deserved nap! DH left for work and the girls are chilling catching up on a show so to bed I go Actually I am getting sick so its sort of a last ditch attempt to head off full blown cold. Throat, head and body aches are what I have. Just a cold. Not a good time to have one though
Old 12-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

slept almost 4 hrs, and now worse
Old 12-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh poor Loty...trying to get sicky!! Boy if there were ever a time to wish for the ability to reschedule that!! I hope you're able to nip it in the bud and throw yourself into some serious down/rest time. It sounds like you've gotten a good start at that, with your 4 hour stint of nappyness. I wish I could drop off some *sicky chicky* for you!!

Your past couple/few meals sound sooooooo Good!! I'd love to plow into that Breaky you had!! Especially the Biscuits & Gravy!! Whoa!! Back when we lived in Cali, in the eaty Mc Eatster dayz, there was a diner we'd hit that would serve a big ole' platter and half platter of that goodness. I made it my bizness to finish off the *full-platter* each time. I sure would like another shot a that!!
The salad you had sounds very randomly~gourmet, and nothing like ever I've tried before...but I'd be willing!! I usually have salads that are -chef salad style-, or as close as I can come to pullin' that off with the ingredients I have on hand.
Yepp, we have an Olive Garden about 15 min.'s away. Did you buy the dressing from them at the restaurant or is this dressing available at the market? Yummity~Yum~Yum!!

What a thoughtful fellow your guy is, to really give a good deal of consideration, regarding how to spend those reward $'s on his employees. It's a shame that some of those folks respond so rudely, to such a generous/thought out gift. A simple *Thank you* would be nice...if for the effort, if nothing else. Chin up to Mr. Loty, he's done the right/best thing by them...unfortunately, there really is just no pleasing self-centered-unappreciative folks.

Geemaneeze, those office-vet folk and their flea fantasys!! Just to throw out a wonder...could Jackie baby be having a humidity sensitivity issue? Our NON-fleabag boy Ace itches horribly if I don't boil water or run the humidifier every.single.day. Where as Kiki has no issue with itching at all. Just a thought.

I'm gonna toss this note on here & work on another...trying to rack my brain on where we've been/what we did today, to share with ya....so, back soon!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #255
Blabbermouth!!!

After my huge nap I had intentions of getting some chores done but just chilled out the rest of the day. Going to rest up and try to be good for tomorrow! The house is fine, just do want to get going on *extra* projects. I just get it in my head I want these things done but its not like the place is falling apart ya know. Some laundry to do but Ha! That is everyday!

MIL was gone all week and was missing the girls so she took them to see Life of Pi tonight so that they could get out of the house.

Well ya know thats worth a shot, boiling water. He has never done this before so I am not sure what the deal is. No visable rash or anything on him. Poor guy unless he is sleeping he is scratching

Oh and grades are in.......drum roll please....148/150 was my final Whooot!! Almost worth no sleep....almost ended up with an A- for the total class score.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let me start this by saying that I started the day off with a very pretty~peppy live daisy in my up-do, and now it's just a very wilted white ball, stuck to the top side of my head. And right now, I feel like it looks!!
I'll try to recount the stops we made today, in our galavants....

Fred Meyers...for a couple sweaters. Gonna try to pull off *your look*.
Hardward...Soldering wire for the Hunks Train~World.
Post Office...Rob was sending a package out to a friend. Looooong line!!
Library...to drop off & pick up reserved books & movies.
Humane Society...quick drop of empty soda cans for their recycle program.
Rite Aid...for some doping supplies...needles & testing strips.
RAPRD<--New Gym's Grand opening, just a few blocks from here. They offer punch passes, rather than contracts!!
Michaels Crafts...for a lighted wreath, red bow, pine scented stix Rob thought we needed and storage containers for his train toy stuff/parts.
Petsmart...for Greenies and canned goodness for the babies.
World Market...bought some colorful hangy decor that Ma has been coveting, as it's her 60th B-day on Monday.
Trader Joes...we picked up ACV & lots of Almonds.
Dutch Bro's...Coffees w/extra shots...
BBW's...thought we'd try one of the Wallflowers. It's a rainbow-lighted snowflake. It's supposed to cycle thru red-green-blue...but instead runs purplyblue-amber-and stark white. What?? We are trying their tree scents.
Cash-N-Carry...for lots of sliced Salami.
Local Nursery...where we picked up a little 2ft'er Blue Spruce tree for the front yard.
HOME!!
I had planned to re-do the pigs as they're startin' to look very -unkept-. Noooooo, not gonna. I'm gonna slap a little of the sparkly glitter on the jacked up tips tomorrow, before we head out to church it up, & call that the *fancy~fix*!!

I sure hope you sleep soundly tonight & feel anew tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

my goodness!!! you two were on the go today! Wowzers!!! I would feel like a wilted flower after all that too!!!

That reminded me! When we were at the caroling thing on Thurs there was a room in the lobby where you enter that had a huge christmas village set up and a train running through it. I took a pic for you Its only about half but there was so many people in there it was hard to get them out of the way!

Last edited by lotus33; 12-08-2012 at 09:19 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #258
Blabbermouth!!!

IMG_20121206_173136 (1).jpg

IMG_20121206_173218.jpg
Old 12-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am sooooooo Glad to hear that you got a chance to just do a little kicking back!! It's about time!! How are you feeling? Do you feel like the yuck is trying to brew, or are you holding steady?
Do you have any help with coordinating E's Christmas Party?

Your MIL got outta dodge for awhile?! Was this a fun trip or a gotta/havta trip?

Maybe the boiling water-steam will be good for both you, with your sicky and Mr. Jack. When I do a stove top boil, I use a Large stock pot and set it at about medium or so, so that I can let it roll at a kinda mild rumble. I add more water to it as the level lowers and let it rock on nearly all day, while I'm here. It really seems to help our boy. I find that if I don't hook him up with that steam during the day....we're all sure to pay for it alllll night, with his *constant* scratching. I hope that does end up offering you guys some relief. It's horrible to have dry/sensitive skin!!

WOW!! GENIUS SUPER STARS!! THAT'S WHAT THE LOTY'S ARE!!
You two must be floating on cloud NINE!! That's pure AWESOMENESS!! You guys should be very, VERY proud!! Cell-A-brate Good times, COME ON!!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #260
Blabbermouth!!!

Soo....are you going to join that gym then? That great that there is no contracts!!! Is it something you guys would go do together?

pine sticks sound yummy! What ya doing with them??? Will be waiting to hear how you make out with you Loty style clothes!

You know I was going to tell you about this stuff i give Sunday for shedding after you mentioned the Kiki fuzz, just went to look it up and what do ya know...it's supposed to be good for dry skin too! It helps A TON on shedding!!! Sunday sheds like nuts and maybe two weeks after starting this it stopped by at least half! Been using it for 6-8 months or so. Funny I would not have thought to look at that except to tell you about it! Didn't buy it for itchies just shedding. Going to start adding to Jacks food!! He doesn't get it because he doesn't shed, will get it now!

LOL and its called Happy Jack! maybe that was a sign huh???

Tonekote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwwwe, Lote...that was so Sweet of you to take a piccy of the train set up!! I will share it with Rob, once his manly-loud-action flick is thru. I'll tell him Loty took it for him!! You're household name here, ya know?! ~Loty~...what a Great name!!
That is such a pretty snowy village!!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL Loty the household name!!! The lady whose display it was hand painted all those houses! Not that Rob is having a snow theme but i thought of you guys and it was pretty!

I haven't even been able to tell Mr. Loty the grade yet! Party will have to commence tomorrow!

So.....it like midnight, can't sleep! Maybe a 4 hr nap was not such a good idea! So Buddy and I are watching some show on funny cats

MIL was gone all week and is leaving again tomorrow until Thursday. She has been going down to stay with her SIL while her brother is still in the hospital. He is off life support now and just on oxygen. But something is up and I can't for the life of me remember what now, but anyway he may need to have a trachea thing put in

OK, going to try to go to bed. probably just read but will try to sleep!

See you tomorrow!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yepp, we'll pick up a *punch pass*. They let the whole family that shares the same last name, use the same pass, and they don't have to be used up by any specific date. We'll be able to use the card at the same time even!! This is a community supported/operated gym. It's not a high end sorta joint, at-all. It's pretty bare bones actually. However, they offer lots of classes that we think could be fun, and have a racquet court, small weight room & some different machines, that don't really interest me much. Very clean facility...has showers/lockers. Ma would likely wanna get a pass too. So Rob & I will probably go with their $12 for 27 punches pass. Sounds alright!!

The stix are called *Scentsicles*, and the idea is to hang them like an ornament...so, I'm hangin' them all over the house. He grabbed the Pine and Fir scents. They smell just like Christmas trees!! Oh yeah, we hung one in the car earlier today too.

Neato on the anti-shed linky!! Thanky~Thanky!! I will go wonder about them!!

Ya know I heard a report on tv the other day of someone saying that cats *hate* Geranium, and they've come out with a Geranium spray to use on Christmas trees...cause apparently cats won't subject themselves to it. I don't know if it's also okay to spray on upholstery or not. Could be a good piece of info to keep tucked away, for anyone having kitty issues like that. You guys don't have cats, do you? I don't know how pups feel about it.

Rob enjoyed his train piccy.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, the lady house-painter has got some talent!! And TIME!! That's neat!! It's clear that she really enjoys creating her little treasures and sharing them with others. Rob really gets a kick outta seeing how others have put their sets together...and draws inspiration from them.

Awwwe, Mr. Loty will be so happy to hear the Good news!! And I bet he'll feel a lot of relief about it too!!

Oh man, what a heck of a time the Uncle has had. That's nice that your MIL has been able to be near him. Is she able to drive herself to & from his home, when she goes for these trips, or does she need help with that?

Awwwe, Buddy & his Ma, havin' quite cuddle time. That's Sweet.

Oh yah, that's Great that a couple of your *didn't really earn 'em in the 1st place pounds* bailed on you!!
I'm afeard of knowin' my stats tomorrow!! My ringage is tight again tonight. CAN'T.LET.THAT.BE!!

Yes, lets get our beauty sleeps on!! And your mission...make that rest count towards your good health!! Be seein' ya tomorrow!!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well how's Loty~ville feeling this morning?! Did you rest well?

I've been up since 4:30am...chuggin' double green tea, ACV waters and java. Blurp!! Saw 208 this am.
Mooooovin' on UP!! So I hopped on the bike for 22min.'s, and looked over the schedule for the new drop in gym. I've got our whole lives planned out now. We either get raptured up outta this mess or we have to go work out!! Oh yeah...and I got my #'s crossed when I was telling you about the fees for the pass. It's $27 for 12 punches...not the other way around!! So, todays mission is to talk Ma into going to an 8am class tomorrow. That's gonna probably take a little badgering, as she doesn't even kinda like gettin' up & out that early, at.all.

Oh yeah, so tomorrow is Ma's Birthday. I still need to wrap the goods, and consider whether or not I should bake her the batch of cupcakes I picked up to make for her, or let her decide when she's ready for me to bake them. She's been really strong on cutting the sugars outta her diet & seeing great results...and I certainly don't wanna stumble her on her plan. I'd figured that if I baked them, she'd probably take a couple, and then we'd pass the rest onto Rob's co-workers...but dang, I know how evil the sugar carb creep can be once ya get a hit!! What are your thoughts on this??

So the meat manager at Rob's work dumped a bunch of Bacon into a BIG pot & let it just cook away the other day. They cook Bacon every morning for the sole purpose of getting customers jones'in for eats. Well Rob has been fully fixated on the notion that we need to whip up a batch just like this fellow did, in a BIG pot. It's not my preferred method...as I know it won't evenly cook and crisp up...but okay, we can do that for ya. Problemo is that he wants to cook up a LOT of it that way...just like Dude did. So he brings home 13 packages of Bacon (on sale...a buck a piece)...and wants to do it to it. With all of it. Ummmmm, no Dude...back up...we're not gonna boil it all up!! Well anyway, I told him we'd grab the crock down after church, and dump *some* (as in NO way will there be 13 packages going in there!!), in & he can monitor his special project. These men folk are really odd creatures AND random...to the 9's!!

Rob's gotta be a worker-bee out in the yard later this afternoon, as we need to get the little spruce planted. The nursery gal said he'd need to dig a hole that's 3X as wide as that of the pot. That'll be probably 2 1/2 feet across I'd guess.

I need to figure out some edibles for this gang & then mosey on into that rainbox.

What's on your agenda for the day?!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B: BACON-scramble of eggs-sausage-cheese, topped w/sourcream & salsa.
Gotta go get ready to church it up & neeeed to disguise the ghetto~mani still!!

I HOPE you're feeling better today!! Catch up when ya feel up to it!!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning! Wish I could say i was better but not much improvement. In fact my throat feels really closed off today Do you guys watch Big Bang Theory? If not this won't make any sense but Mr. Loty is on his way home now and offered to rub some vicks vapor rub on my chest for me

The revised price list sounds more like it I was like whoa....great price!!! Still a good deal though! You must be glutton for punishment trying to get crazy town up early to go do something she doesn't wanna! Good luck!!!!

Here is the solution to the cake dilema, I served this for dinner once, only once! I thought it was cute....the fams were NOT amused! Thought they were really getting cake for dinner!

Birthday Meatloaf "Cake" - Martha Stewart Recipes

Oh for some reason I thought your little tree was a cut one to decorate in the yard! Didn't know it was for planting I never dig the holes that big...FYI. I didn't even realize you could plant a tree this time of year! Thats exciting! Just think how cute it will be next year!

Holy moly!! He gets the BEST deals on stuff! I am totally not sold on the cooking method either! Let me know how it turns out!! I like my bacon on the verge of being burnt though. I always cook it in the oven.

So going to pump some coffee into myself and try to get some stuff done around here....yeah...not!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Do you like pickles? have you tried these? yum!

Had eggs and sausage scramble, and 3 pickle spears.

DH is worried that there may be a little loty in the oven Especially since he has had the *major* operation

Oh and

Old 12-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

Well had a fun idea, well copying an idea from another thread. Since your getting your fitness on at the gym and I need to. Lets pick a place to take a faux vacation to. We'll say every 15 minutes of exercise equates to 1 mile and keep a running tally until the combined miles get us to our vacay destination!

I will go get my work out room done today!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #270
Blabbermouth!!!

Are we still 3 hours difference? Do you guys change the clock? Anyway either way your probably at the gym Hope your first day was great!!!!

Have a bit to finish up in the basement fitness land and then will take pics! Well tonight, after work I mean.

Last edited by lotus33; 12-10-2012 at 10:27 AM..
Closed Thread