Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #2191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Yepp, the kids go on the morning walks. If it's cold out, than I dress them in their Halloween type get-ups. Ace is a bright yellow submarine. They look so rediculous & cute!! There's a bus lady driver that passes by us each morning, comments and chuckles at them/us.

Yeah, Rob & his train buddy had a fun/hour long or so visit & exchanged emails. Alot of what Rob has, track wise & trains, have now came from this fellow...so he was real curious as to see how it's been reworked by someone else.

This GPS updating is stilllllll going down. I'm so afraid it's gonna bump me off, while I'm trying to ship this out!! Nooooooo!! Let's see what happens!!

Let it be know that this message had to transport in 2 pieces...because of the major Emo's that were NEEDED, and even still....I had to cut a couple Emo's from my insurance rant. So let it be know....FURIOUS!! IRRITATED ....that's what I think about that!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #2192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

It's rainy-gray-blustery here this morning. So...the thought has been that we will all just go ahead & wimp outta that action...as far as trecking out in it is concerned. Fine by me!! Kinda looking forward to a slower paced/loungie morning. However, it looks like this sorta weather may continue on & fully interfere with the plans the Hunk & I had for our tomorrow evening. We were gonna go watch the dirt track-stock car races, in a town up North from us. But, not a fan of sitting in soaking wet stands & getting poured on. I think the back up plan is to just play around the house & for the sake of the Hunks wonderings...go see if any of the thrift stores have any new toys for him.

So...I guess I'm gonna concentrate on making this palace sparkle today and hit all those goodies on my *To-Dooz* list.

What's everyone else up to?!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #2193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ewwwe, update. I've been choring all morning...that's good...but CT just phoned & has me roped into a bike ride, in the rain, to hit the market. I feel like this was a brilliant idea, when it was warm & sun-shining. Ahhhh well, I can't deny that the exercise will do us some good.
On another note...-someone- doesn't know how they ever lived without their Emjoy Pedi-file now. Quite the contrast from "HmmMMmm...I don't know if I really need that."
So, I was just gonna stay rowdy today...and I still will to some level...but I do need to pull it together & at least find my out of this robe.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #2194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, the sky cleared & we went for it!! Our round trip had us totalling 3.65 miles. We each took our back packs for our goods. I tried to teach CT how to use the self check out system, at the market. Eye-Yie-Yie!! She's such a peice of work, and on so many levels!! We rented her the "Lincoln" flick & headed on home.
I still need to tend to so many loose ends around here!! I'm gonna start with wielding that vac!!

What's the happs with the rest of ya's?!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #2195
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Lots to say....no time to say it! LOL

Lincoln is a good movie! You should borrow it from her!

I just got the load of drywall and wood delivered. Have about 20 min before I have to leave again and take my CT out for mothers day dinner. I didn't do anything for her yet

BBL!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #2196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think the *diy* backyard folk are trying to upset me. I've watched 3 or 4 or their programs back to back this afternoon, and they make it look so easy...to come up with an Awesome plan & put it into place. SHOWOFFS!! I'm just having such a hard time invisioning what should go down back there!! And HOW?! I went onto their website...to see if there was anyway that they wanna hear from us...they don't.

Oh boy, yay for you & the CT dinner/visit!! I hope it goes well, and that dinner is delish!! Speaking of which...maybe you'd like to consider having a full load of Onion rings for me...with a load of ranch...and a diet coke. Thanx Cupcake!!
Are you guys planning to diy through the weekend??
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #2197
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh goodness...that was fun

Well I feel your pain! I am still trying to figure out my yard! Is not even that you can't figure it out but cripe those yard crashes have to be 50+ thousand each!

Tomorrow I have to be to work at 8 am. its flower planting weekend..yay. But they did the property across town today while I stayed and watched the office so that was awesome! Tomorrow we are doing the big property but we get a bunch of volunteers from a church to help so its ok. Still a lot of work though!!!

Gotta go get some sleep for the event!

See ya tomorrow!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #2198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I found this little note very helpful this evening...as I was reflecting on a load of nonsense from CT. She would just do anything to sabotage my efforts to lose this extra weight...even at the cost of the quality of my life, and fully including all of the complications that arise with the out of control blood sugars, when I chow even slightly wrong. Today & this past whole week, it was that she was taunting me & testing my will, regarding all of the foods I need to refrain from. Sorry Charlie...not about to cave & give ya the satisfaction. Before she'd left out for her trip last month...she insisted, while we were at Safeways, that I come into the bakery and look at all of the bakery items that I -couldn't- have. WHY?? What an evil-disgusting heart.

So I take it your CT visit was equally enjoyable?? Yikes.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with your thought...that those TV dyi'ers have an enormous amout of dough to work with, to make it all happen.

That is SUCH a drag that you have to go in to work tomorrow!! That just blows!! How's a girl ever to get any down time in at this rate?! How are you doing with this go-go-go schedule? Are you hanging in there...adjusting? I don't know how you do it!! You're a Super-HERO!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exactly.jpg (33.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 05-17-2013 at 08:52 PM..
Old 05-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #2199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
hi girls,

ok well i'm on my sisters computer so don't want to say much because he got this for her and I don't know if anything could be well on it like the phone etc..

but as I see it my sister does seem to be ok.....maybe I forgot from not being with my sister how tough she can be and that maybe I was wrong to come

she has this attitude side I forget everytime until i'm with her

and honestly he was as kind as can be

however I did have a horrible day yesterday, when I fell to tears after her yelling at me in a public area about stuff.....
now I remember why I don't hang out with her for a long time she can be very harsh

I love her but honestly i think my help here was worthless she seems like she can take care of her self

he was a gentleman and very kind i guess they make the perfect couple they both can tolerate each other

me i fall into tears if being yelled at or i just shut down and feel depressed as i did yesterday

got so sick

today feeling better had more rest then just 3hours yesterday and feeling much better

we are going to be leaving this noon time but hoping so because i really don't feel like sticking here any longer.. i think even tho i was being kind i felt as if i made a foolish thought to think she needed me...

oh well now i know, he was kind to invite me more and such cause i'm mainly here to protect her from the people of PA since a lot of bad things happen in this neighborhood
only reason he had me come no one else would and he wants to pay me

in that sense i was like i would come shes my sister but he says if i he didn't pay me be like they didn't care?? that's werid but ok

well i guess now i know to not get pulled into help if i'm going to be get yelled at

hope you girls are good i so can't wait to go home
Old 05-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #2200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Saturday!! Happy Wedding Bell Anniversary Weekend to the Hood's that could-should-would!!
And Hi to Tom, who I do believe may be lurking in the shadows.

I don't know what this day will be made of quite yet. Hunky left out for his bible study with the guys, and probably won't return till just before 9am. I have a very full *To-Dooz* list that I can pay some attention to today, or not...mostly...except I really should consider fashioning some deviled eggs together, for tomorrows churchy BBQ, and at least pop a load of laundry in. I've got some cleasner working over the base of the tub now & will wrap that up before I pop meself in there. *Meself*...will always remind me of Loty, and cracks meself up to use it!! Reminds me of that little leprechaun that floats around & goes on about his Lucky Charms. So Funny!!

Oh yeah, hittin' the races tonight is still on the radar. We're just gonna play that by ear.

Loty, are you yard crashin' diy at work for a full day today, or is this just a partial day inconvienence? I hope you're left with a good portion of your day and energy left, to get to what -you- wanna get to. Will todays appearance enable you to cash in on taking an extra day off next week, or is this just heaped on top of the now regular sitch/schedule?

Naty, I hope you get to head home soon too. Again, I think it was very kind of you to want to help your sister & ensure her safety, by being present & getting a front row view of the relationship. It sounds like for as much as your sister & the fellow would like for people to believe they are a happy/well balanced couple...the truth does reveal that they're masquerading to some degree & covering what at times could be described as quite volitile between the two of them. When it's good, it's GOOD...but when it's bad...it's Ugly-Dangerous BAD. Your visit has likely left them both with knowing that you will be there to support her, when she needs it. It's a real shame that she's lashed out & hurt you. I think you're right to just go on home & get back to -your- life. Her's is going to play out however she allows it to. I'd bet that she knows that when all of the pieces come crashing down...it's her sister who will still be there in her corner. So, it sounds like your visit was not altogether futile...although I bet it kinda feels like it was. It wasn't...you sent a good/strong message to them both. Now go on home & put Naty 1st!!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #2201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quickie Wave!!

The Hunk seems to wanna continue on with galavanting some more. We've already hit some garage sales, the post office, Wally, Petco...and now it seems we are off to the next town over. We found that latest Chris Kattan flick at Redbox, for a little movie action later this eve. We decided against the races, as it's looking like it could end up rainy. That's fine...by the time we return from the running around...we'll wanna just chill with the kids & hunker in for the evening.

I hope your day's going Good Peeps!!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #2202
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, hi peeps!!!

Loty is pooped! Been a busy all day! Well minus the 45 minute nap that is

Here is a pic of the flowers we planted for work! Got there at 8 and left at 2. When I took my shower I had dirt in places that ought not to have dirt

robin oaks.jpg

The since I was dirty anyway I ran to the store and bought some more replacement plants for things that died over winter. Also changing the bed right in front of the house so was rearranging that. Not done so tomorrow I will get up and finish that. I might....oh who am I kidding...I will go tomorrow and buy a bunch more for the backyard. Kmart had nice bushes for 5.00 but on sale for 2.99! I got 9 azaleas today for the front but I will go and get like 30 shrubs tomorrow. ML is gonna freak! But when they are usually about 7 at other stores and I found them for 3.....well I *have* to get them!

But all that work came at a price! My feet are killing me right now! I am down for the night. But it is 10 so its not like I was going to be doing much more anyway
Old 05-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #2203
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Anniversary Hood's!!!

How many years are you?

Sure sounds like you had a fun day!!!! What all did ya get done?

Last edited by lotus33; 05-18-2013 at 07:13 PM..
Old 05-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #2204
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Naty! What a tough sitch! Your instincts are probably right. But there sounds like maybe there is promise that she is at least sticking up for herself! The whole thing is just weird though huh?

hurry home!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #2205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty~Miester!!

Well Holy Canoly, you have been rockin' these outdoor projects...like there's no tomorrow!! You're gonna have yourself one of those fancy diy yardcord/crasher yards in record time at this rate!! So jealous!!
You're getting in on some excellent deals too!! Of course you -have- to scoop those up while the gettin' is good!! You're gonna have the *show house* of the block, no doubt!!
Your poor feets!! Ouch!! Bet they'd enjoy a little soak. So good that you were at least able to fit in a little baby nap today!! Maybe one can be built in to tomorrow too!! That IS a good plan!!
Your work flowers are so pretty!! That's gonna be -yay- for everyone!!

So we ran off to a few more stores and then came home for naps & coffees. I man'ied while we watched that Chris Kattan flick. It had so much potential...but sadly fell flat...even though favee Mc. Favestor Kattan was in it.
We've plugged in a tried & true goodie...*Dumb & Dumber*...to console ourselves.
Oh yeah, the Hunkie & I are headin' into 23 yr.'s of weddin' bell ringin', tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #2206
Blabbermouth!!!

23 years!!!! WOW! I knew you are 20 something but couldn't remember what one it was.

So whats the plan for tomorrow? you doing anything special?

What movie was it? Bummer that it was no good. I am always bummed when I am loyal to a fave actor and they disappoint

Oh shoot, i already have the best yard on the block. yup gonna toot my own horn but dang it I have TONS of blood sweat and tears in that thing so *toot* I just can't leave it alone until its perfectly what my vision is! This is the 3rd summer I have worked on it! Then i have the whole back yet to do

Oh I wish you had told me about a foot soak earlier! you really dropped the ball on getting me that idea while it was still early in the night! I will for sure do that tomorrow night!

Last edited by lotus33; 05-18-2013 at 09:24 PM..
Old 05-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #2207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh you smart alec!! I gotta tell you everything!! Yes to the foot bath today/tonight!! It'll be so Good for you. You probably know...(or I've told you before!! ), but using Epsom salts in your footie bath is really good for helping to sleep at night, because your feets soak in the magnesium from the salts. Another tid bit...some folk enjoy adding a few drops of Lavander essential oil along with their bath salts...for a soothing spa type experience. OR...maybe you'd enjoy something more medicinal...like Tea tree oil ....(pee-u...but works well as an antiseptic/healer). I don't use scortching water or soak for anything longer than 20 min.'s...30 min.'s max if you're just totally diggin' it. I get bored/antsy pretty quick...so I'm usually out closer to the 20 mark. Dry the pigs, slather your lotion goodie & throw some comfy sockies on. There ya go!! The rest is in your hands!! Use the knowledge you've gained here, wisely. Oh yeah, and you might enjoy planning to have some reading material handy, while you soak. Clearly my work here is done!!

What a total Toot-ee!! *I sure do have the finiest lookin' yard on the block!!* I bet you do, really. With as much as you put into getting things -just right-...you're bound to. It's really gonna look like a magical park at your pad.

The Chris Kattan flick was called "Crazy Enough". I assure you...Chris Kattan can do nothing to dissapoint me. Nothing. There's still all kinds of love & adoration...from this side of the relationship. I'm blaming the entirety of the floppage on whomever directed that. Now, if we should discover that Chris Kattan was the director...then he must have been heavily influenced by someone that didn't know what they were doing...cause clearly, it wouldn't be his fault. No. It was deff just a one time watch...and glad we didn't pay more than the redbox fee.

Today's plans are to go find pretty......church it up with the youth..., and then settle back in at the homestead. We'll likely just mill around here. I have tasks I'd like to knock out...and Hunkie will likely -play- or task some yard works out. It looks like we're BBQ'ing some chuck eye's/rib eyes this afternoon for lunches. I'll probably have very little of that action...and supplement with a salad. It'll be the 1st time that I've had cooked food or meat in nearly 2 months!! So...with that being said...I hope to stick to that notion that I'll give it very little of my time. We'll see!!
Down to 193.5 this am. So I'll try to use the excitement from that to keep on the straight & narrow. Of course then there's Tom who is suggesting he'll be stopping by very soon too. No!!

What's going on with y'allz today?!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #2208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Quickie Wave!!

The Hunk seems to wanna continue on with galavanting some more. We've already hit some garage sales, the post office, Wally, Petco...and now it seems we are off to the next town over. We found that latest Chris Kattan flick at Redbox, for a little movie action later this eve. We decided against the races, as it's looking like it could end up rainy. That's fine...by the time we return from the running around...we'll wanna just chill with the kids & hunker in for the evening.

I hope your day's going Good Peeps!!

ty both honestly i feel i can never win..
i think she'll be fine , in away she can shout back or well is wealthy made getting 1000s of dollars a week. anything she wants etc.. i think her poor me act to get the family scared is just an act, the gun is true he mention it being under seat but as incase of defense, he was also so kind. she was on the other hand hurtful and made me feel like i don't belong anyplace..i try to be there but get slapped in the face like i'm not doing her no good just getting in her way....

my depression much worse,..if i'm talking to myself and answering/.. can prove my health decreasing that and bunch other things..now i'm more insane these days

tmi sorry..just so upset how she said so much rude things of my mom my grandma..etc..

and how i always fall for her lies feeling she maybe right but nope theres always something she leaves out...

have a good sunday all

xox sorry for this disturbing post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #2209
Blabbermouth!!!

For Naty =)

I sure hope you had a good day! Try try try to not let that eat at you too long! You can't control other people so try not to let their actions control you! You can only do what you think is right and then move on or it starts to eat at you!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #2210
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Anniversary Rob and Shawna!!!

Old 05-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #2211
Blabbermouth!!!

Well you will be happy to know that most of your foot soak advice is in progress as we speak!

Confession time...

I don't know where my foot soak tub is so I am sitting here with my feet soaking in my utility mop bucket

yay for white trash foot soaks!!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #2212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wellzerz...we churched it up as planned this morning. Today was the 2nd observation day for us with the youngins. As I sat there watchin' the whole *show* go down and silently enduring the little darlings lack of impulse control...I thought -Ummmm...just NO-. When we were finally able to bail, I asked Rob to break his thoughts down for me. I've wanted to refrain from unloading my own full on distaste for this whole nonsense, until he had an opportunity to experience it & come to his own conclusions. We chatted it out & he decided to give the pastor a call and let him know...<Thank you for the opportunity...but it was very clear to us, when we were both dying to get outta there just a quickly as we could...that this is not a good match for us.> Ahhhhh....so that's over with!!

We had too big of loaded salads to then want to dive into BBQ'ing...so we just shoved the marinating steaks into the freezer and will consider it again for next weekend. Beings it's a 3 day weekend, we may think about inviting some pals over. Will think about it.
I got a nap in, while Hunky popped over to a thrift shop. Tom did indeed show up this afternoon...so I was extra tired.
I've got some laundries whirling & will need to get them put away. Kitchy is sparkly.
Hunky attached my new water bottle/holder to my bike frame, so I'll be raring to go next time. I'm kinda thinkin' about adding a 2nd bottle as well...just for good measure...in case I go on a real long treck.

Alrighty, for the Emo concerns...I will ship this one out, read back & shoot out another.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 05-19-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Old 05-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #2213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OooOOOoooh, a Fancy Washbucket Soak!! That is sooooo funny!! I think whatever you'll use & works...is a fine choice!! That perspective may come from a person who chooses to use a roasting pan for their own soaking. I have indeed had 2 traditional, fancy...with bells & whistles bath tubs...but passed the 1st along to the step mother, and the 2nd, CT thought I needed...and I passed it along to the thrift store. I just don't care for them, in that each of them had all those little knobbies on the base (not a first choice for a diabetic who has foot nerve pain issues), and I find the areas for the feets to be somewhat restrictive. Well compared to my BIG roasting pan anyway!! This pan is just designated for this purpose, by the way.

Loty, Thank you for the Happy Anniversary wishes and cute little web card!!

Naty... I agree with Loty's wisdom on this. The quicker you can let this roll off your shoulders...the better. This is not the sort of thing that you should dwell on. It's totally unhealthy and no good will come of it. Yes it hurts. You're right in feeling hurt by being blasted by someone you love so much. There's no denying that it stings. However...you've gotta turn this around, and quick. Don't allow yourself to fall into self destructive behaviours/patterns.Do something different with this set of circumstances...then maybe you've ever done before. Maybe take care of yourself in ways that you don't normally. Like pamper yourself, treat yourself like you'd treat a person of very high value...because you are.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #2214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Yoz!! Ewwe, Happy Monday!!

It's only 31* out this morning. We're not gonna do any trecking this morning. No, instead I'm just hittin' a couple tasks, and will hop in the rainbox, as CT is hoping to get Max in for an early am appt., to get his footie checked. After observing him over the weekend...the suspicion is that it's broke. That poor baby. So, I will go to help get him/her thru the process.
Aside from all that jazz, I am anxious to get to my full list of *To-Dooz*!! I did so little this past weekend, that I'm just very ready to knock some stuff out!!

Who's doing what today?!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #2215
Blabbermouth!!!

~Stop the nonsense~ part deux

New thread

This one will be getting shut down, its getting too large.

See ya there!
Closed Thread