Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #2101
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
aww sorry 2 hear that, i come to find out most of the time if u buy pricy things they are for long uses over the year, howevr most pricy things or junk and the 1dollar item is better lol

most things because of the name lol

oo salsa and chips yummy

my mom use to make
velveeta+salsa+ground beef dip a pot of cheesy beefy mixture with tostitos

lol

but my fave salsa is tacos/burritos

ooOOooOOhhhh I want some of that!!!! Can you just whip some up and send it? Thanks!!!!!

I have done the velveeta and rotel tomato but not adding meat Yum!

What are you up to these days????

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #2102
Blabbermouth!!!

i thought I had a brilliant idea last night.....nope turns out I pinned it forever ago on pinterest and over time thought it was my own creation Well hmmph!

Last edited by lotus33; 05-08-2013 at 08:12 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #2103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Gotta go to sleeeeeeps!! Chat tomorrow!!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #2104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Peeps!!
On the run this morning, but wanted to say Hi & wish ya all a super duper day!! I'll catch up with ya later this afternoon!!
Loteage!! I can't wait to hear how this remodel progresses!! Who knew that you'd be starting in on this right now!! I REALLY hope those work bids come in at a reasonable rate & that you guys get to jump in on it right away!! When will you know about that?!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #2105
Blabbermouth!!!

One more day!!! Then the weekend!

What did ya'll do today???

Hopefully something more fun than me! Although G started her 4H dog classes tonight with Buddy. That was fun! She is entering him in an obedience show.

Other than that...just busy with work.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #2106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiiiii!!

Whew!! Been on the go for two days now...bee-bopping around town, and will go at it one more day...tomorrow. I barely recall where I've been!!
The pups & CT and I went for a 3.25 mile walk this morning, and are planning to head out for something similar tomorrow. Oh yeah, I'm catching both the sun rise and busting the walks out during day light hours. Wakey @ 4am allows for all that to go down.

Loty!! That sounds like such a fun time for all of you, with Buddy being a 4-H boy!! Is A involved in the training as well, or is this just G's project?

So funny about your *Brilliant* idea, that turned out to be hoarked from someone else!! I can so see doing that!! So what was -your- brilliant mastermind?!

Yes, I would think you and all folks would probably *need* an Emjoy. I wish they'd hurry up & get it here!! I wanna use it!! I showed CT the little video off their site, as I'm just so excited for her to try it out too...thinking it's just gonna be -all that-...and she kinda acted like -eh...whatevv-. Yeah whatever...just part of why she's a CT.

What a crack up about showing -No Mercy- with MIL in the gaming!! Good for you!! Gotta make sure everybody knows their place!!

I think your idea of creating a 3 way beauty station is the most fantastic idea ever!! I just picture you & the girls having such a fun -gettin' ready- time together and it being a place for good convo over the years to go down. When do you reckon you'll have some ideas back from the wanna-be contractor?

Naty!! Like Loty, I wanna order up some of your cheesy-meatie-salsa goodness!! NEED!!

Friday, Dec. 5th , 2014 = 182.5

Friday, Dec. 12th , 2014 =
Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #2107
Blabbermouth!!!

the brilliant storage idea

Well, when I created the idea it was to have TP and girlie products at the ready and right there....but this idea is ok too!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #2108
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, you and I have been far too busy lately!!!! Not a fan!

Ok I will see what the emjoy is all about!!! And yup CT's can't show any emotion or make you think you had any sort of a good idea....duh!

I have no idea when the guy will get back to me ML and I are starting our portion of the project though. Hopefully they can come soon though!!! And yes, I sure do think the makeup stations would be a great thing to have! Especially with the size of these bathrooms! There is NO room at all in them! Dumb old house! Bathrooms and closets were not a priority in 1935! LOL

I have strange dynamic happening at work too. We are doing that reno. Well the boss lady doesn't know much on that stuff so rely's on my input. However the corporate maintenance guy really doesn't want to talk to me because I am not the boss lady. The boss lady doesn't want to look stupid to him so passes him off onto me. And then it goes round and round...its getting very frustrating! Very strange. Then we order from ML store so they only want to talk to me and the maintenance guy thinks I am his special parts ordering slave. Weird weird weird. I don't mind taking on the project its the strange walking on eggshells and know your role dynamic thats starting to irk me!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #2109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That work sitch IS an odd one...and really does seem to be the making of the insecurities of boss~lady. How frustrating for you!! If she could just convey to this corportate maintenance fellow that due to blah-blah...you are the *go-to* for this project....ahhhhh...life could be made a lot simpler!!

OoOOh, I like -your- clever storage idea, very much!! Boy I know about the lack of storage and itty bitty powders in the older homes!! That's so hard!! Those are such important features!!

I've found a new to me program, called "diy yardcore". Two brothers take stock of a persons interior of their home, over the course of just 5 minutes, in order to get a -feel- for the owners...and then they get to work, transforming their back yards. Incredible work they do!! So inspiring!!

Yeah, I don't like your new blown out worky schedule, at all. NO...no I don't. Do you think this will be a very temp sitch...or is it just not possible to tell? Oh let it be just verrrrry temp!!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #2110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goin' down for the count!! See ya's in the tomorrow!!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #2111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YO!! Happy Friday!! YAH!!

It's gonna be a whoppin' 84* today!! Love that!!
CT, the kids & I busted out 2.7 miles this morning. Our calves & muscles near the shins are achey, from the previous walks...but we're being *macho* and powering thru it. ROCKSTARS!! It clearly doesn't take much to qualify for that over here!!

Fixin' to get ready for the day, throw down lunches & then bonsai outta here on my solo road trip to shop it out, in the next town over.
I'll check in with y'all on the return!!

What are you guys up to today?!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #2112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
yesterday trying to plan out a shopping list lol
so decided to do few flowers

mix crochet and plastic canvas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_00006.jpg (39.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg flwer.jpg (8.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rose.jpg (9.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #2113
Senior LCF Member

do wonder if you have a low carb diet and fall in love with ribs or bacon or etc..(allowed foods) can they be eaten often/daily
since they are higher fat then say chicken lol
Old 05-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #2114
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoot! You and CT are rockin it!!!!!

Have a great day guys!

Talk to you tonight!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #2115
Blabbermouth!!!

Lucky!!! Its cold and rainy all day here! I think the high was 46! I had to turn the furnace back on!!!!

I am beat. That was a long week! My cow is done too and i didn't have a chance to go pick it up. ML will have to go get it next week. I feel like I am missing some other things that I was supposed to do too and I hate that! Oh well I will go over things tomorrow and see what the heck I missed.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #2116
Blabbermouth!!!

Which emjoy product has you excited?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #2117
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes!!! I love that show!!! Told ML if he ever ever runs into any of those type people to say YESSS!!! Bring them home!!!

Hey are you still building the greenhouse? Any progress?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #2118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey!!

I got in about an hour ago, or so...and was gonna throw y'all a note...until someone suggested it could be nap time!! I tried, but it just wasn't happenin'.

I had a productive day!! I hit all the stores I wanted to get to, and found everything I was looking for. My most fave score was this cross necklace. I've been shopping around for one for what seems like ages now. It started out at $175 <---I would never, ever pay that!! It was on sale for $140 the other day when I spotted it. I looked it up on line, and found it for $96. I took the print out of that info into the store and asked if they would consider honoring that online price. After a couple management folk being brought in to weigh in on the request...they agreed. Cool!! Then I asked them to apply the $10 off coupon I had...plus they were having a 20% off sale on all of their fine jewelry...so the end result was only $66!! In the light it looks like it has all kinds of diamonds, but it doesn't. I specifically shopped for one that doesn't, so I don't have to have a cow when one falls off.

Loteage!! I bet you're whooped from this full week!! What's on your agenda for the weekend? Are you gonna get to build in any down time or are you projecting all the live long day?
Whoa, what a diff in temps we are having!! Ours ended up actually gettin' to 89*!! I think it's supposed to be this warm for the next couple days and then dropping roughly 10-20'ish degrees for a few.

So...I had decided (last year), that I would -not- go to the Mother's Day church service, when it came back around. That would be this Sunday. So I've thought about it, as the day is approaching...and made a solid decision that I would not go, and instead...I would just have a very chill, R&R weekend here at the homestead. I've had quite enough of the "Happy Mother's Day!!" well wishes over the years, and last year, while at church...I was surprised with the Pastor asking for all the Moms to stand up, while he honored them, prayed for them...and just generally lifted them up. I think that's wonderful!! However, I didn't know how to respond. No one in this town is aware of us ever having had a son. I didn't want to stand up & have questions come later or cause confusion...and yet staying seated, I felt like I was disrespecting Christopher. Not much really throws me, ya know...but I felt so sickened by being put on the spot. I sat there & fought the tears welling up in my eyes...and didn't hear a word the Pastor spoke for the rest of the service, as I just felt like I'd been kicked in the gut, with the emo's of it all. So, I thought I'd just avoid the whole sitch this go around, and then we get a message from the Pastor on the phone today, and he's hoping we'll be available to start in with the stand in/training portion with the youth classes this Sunday.
So, suppose I could/should/will go...as we won't even be in regular service. It'll just be the regular bombardment of the chipper "Happy Mother's Day!!"

The battery operated Emjoy pedi is the highly coveted qvc item. It has great ratings!! I hope it stands up to the fat praise it's getting!!

Naty, I would think you could chow on the higher fat meats that you're wanting and probably experience being satiated sooner, because of the fat content...than say chicken or turkey...or tuner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cross Two Tone.jpg (3.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 05-10-2013 at 06:21 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #2119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Very crafty of you Naty!! I'd reckon you'd have enough goodies to open your own little booth at craft fair by now!! Is that something you'd ever consider?!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #2120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loteage, you're well on your way to some BBQ action with your cow, huh?! YUM!! You must have a large freezer for those goodies?? How much Moo did ya buy this time around??
Old 05-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #2121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yepperz, the green house is still a top priority. This will be a somewhat -long term- project though. If it's done over the next 2-3 ((seasons))...I will be well pleased. The pace of the build is all subject to the energy/ambition level around here.

Have there been any new revelations for/with SIL, regarding being put on notice about her DB?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #2122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So something that still trips me out is these THUNDERSTORMS!! It was 89* today and probably high 60's now, and Thundering & Lightening like crazy!! We've never lived in an area where it did this while it was this warm...only on a cold/rainy day did we ever see a storm as well. It's really cool, but so opposite of weather we're used to. Kiki is just having a fit, trembling, panting and just totally wigged out.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #2123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got sucked in watching a documentary (or 3) , over at Hulu, called "Fat Doctor". It tracks folks that have had the gastric bypass surgery, in order to help them lose weight. It just breaks my heart to hear of their struggles. It's really Great to see the success after their operations though!! That really seems to open the door to a fuller life for them.

<---This one needs to go rediscover the sleeping chamber!! Tired!!

I'll see ya tomorrow!!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #2124
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Very crafty of you Naty!! I'd reckon you'd have enough goodies to open your own little booth at craft fair by now!! Is that something you'd ever consider?!

that would be awesome

ty
Old 05-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #2125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Saturday Peeps!!

I just wrote out the To-Dooz for the day...and I gotta say, I think there's way more choring than play on there & I'm not a fan of that today. I wanna have more fun than I've planned. So, I will look for ways to get those dang -musts- done...but they're not getting full effort from me today. No they're not!!

BRB
Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #2126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty, I think that would be such a kick to have a little booth set up at one of your local fairs or bazarrs!! AND, you could be working on a project while you man the fort and are visiting with passerbys/shoppers.

Loty, what's your weekend looking like? Are you & ML still eyeball deep in the tear down process...in order to get your remodel underway? Are the Littles planning to spoil their Mama this weekend?
Old 05-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #2127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loteage!! I pinned a goodie onto the "Loteage Idea" board, that I LOVE & wonder if you & your Jeopardy Boy might also get a kick out of, if you guys enjoy "Scrabble"!! I wanna do it right now!!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #2128
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my....BRB!

Gotta go check that out before I get to writing!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #2129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well holy canoli...there was a LOT more to that project than I expected!! That's an overwhelming amount of steps for me to wanna take on!! I think there's an easier-softer way. I don't know why a person couldn't use the cheapie plyable/flexable sheets of magnet for their backing, in a medium/large'ish frame & then attach the little mags to the back of the scrabble pieces. So I'm wondering though if there would be enough magnet pull if a person wanted to use the glass on the picture frame. Things to ponder & run by the Hunk when he gets back in. I just think that is such a cool concept, and I'd love to maybe have it become part of the powder room, for great entertainment!!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #2130
Blabbermouth!!!

repinned! How fun!!!

Heck I have no idea what all today is going to entail. Cleaning this neglected place for sure! I was considering taking the kids and Sunday downtown to the park, they are having a dog thing there today but the weather is So probably just cleaning today and organizing. Don't think any basement work will get done.....but ya never know! Not seeing a lot of *fun* built in today though!

I still haven't heard from the guys but they did say they were super busy so if I don't hear by like Wed, I will call them.

good for you to realize that the greenhouse is going to be a long project! I wish ML could get that through his head! He gets hissy~fits when projects take too long, makes him cuckoo! He actually said to me the other day something about the basement being done before the kids get out of school...... Oye! Ya not gonna happen!

Isn't that funny how different the weather is in places. So terrible when the pups don't like it though! Soo hard on them!!! I only had that 1 dog like that. We get heat lightning too in the summer, do you guys get that? Maybe since I am surrounded by water the weather is more thundery and lightniny? I toured a couple yesterday from Montana. They were freaked right out by all the water everywhere. I was so confused like what water? Where are you seeing water? The flood water is all receded so I didn't understand what they were saying. They were actually freaked out by how many lakes/rivers/stream there are around! Welcome to MI!

Well I had got a half of a cow. DB and SIL wanted 1/4 and a friend of mine wanted 1/4. But then the friend decided she probably should have gotten the half when I offered it before SIL and DB took it. So we are splitting the 3/4 portion. I called and told the butcher there was no way I could come until next wed. Its very good meat. This will be the second year I bought from this guy but we have been doing this for probably 5-6 years now.

Speaking of DB... No, no word. She never even did respond to the letter other than a really pitiful text. The day after the letter thought DB must have known she was upset and called and left ML a voicemail basically saying yes they are having problems but he wants ML to butt out and let them handle it. I was fighting mad! Because....we had already asked for that but in his little pea brain he will think because he left a message about it will be the reason we are not involved any longer! I wanted to get that straightened right up.....but....left it alone. Was VERY hard to keep my mouth shut! First of all because he is so self righteous he will think *he* shut us up second ML is not the one in the throws of the sitch, I am. However, DB is such a chauvinistic pig he would never lower himself to talk to a female about anything. Uhg...ok my BP is through the roof right now! LOL Just thinking that he thinks just by making that call *he* fixed everything

See why i can't be involved anymore! Loathe him entirely!!!
Closed Thread