Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #2071
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Oh and random pic of Jack...He says Woof! I think he thinks he is a cat

IMG_20130426_165358.jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #2072
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
OoOOooooOOOOh, those flowers are sooooooooo pretty!! They're so dainty & such a pretty pink!! What an Awesome choice for that area!! They're going to look outstanding!! So Great that you got in on a sale too!!
So...are ya gonna have the *excited one*= ML, drop his gear, in the spirit of WNGD & start in on planting for you?!
I tried to talk mine into mowing the lawn, in the buff, but he was scared of flying rocks!! I tried!!

The winds are whipping thru here at 40mph today. Wind is my least fave -weather-. It makes me nervous and MAD when my hair whips me in the face/eyes, and sticks to my lip gloss!! To clarify...it doesn't make me nervous that those things happen. That's a seperate psychosis all on it's own. So...1. nervous AND 2. mad.

We ran over to the Home/Garden show today. Waste.of.time!! It's just a bunch of vendors who are jacked up & trying to sign up everyone for services. No good ideas to be had.
Then Hunky got the notion that we should stop in at a couple thrift shops. I found a cool picture frame that I'm gonna use like some of the pinteresty girls do, and put a background in there & write something like *To-Dooz* and draw some lines. Then I can use a dry erase markers on top of the glass to fill it in each day. Yay!!
At the next stop, Rob spied a large box of train goods for only $50. Apparently what he found in that mish-mosh was just outstanding stuff & he's stokered. He'll keep some, pass some along to his internet train pals and maybe ebay some things as well. Score!!
I happened upon a Hamilton Beach food processor for $6.50. The blades look brand new...so I thought I'd give it a shot. They're real good about allowing returns...so no risk. It'll give me some play time with one while I continue to mull over what I may wanna do with a -real- purchase, and then I'll just donate this one back to 'em. The cashier fellow paid me the nicest compliment on our way out!! Said all kinds of mushy stuff about being so pretty and that the Hunk was such a lucky guy to have such a pretty wife to be with him AND he gets to play with trains!! Wow...it doesn't take much to please some fellows!!

I wanna squeeze Jack & make him my friend!! He looks so soft!! He's cute!! I think he thinks he's a cat too!!

I just stopped in over to let Max in for a nap...and might have taken a short one myself, while I was there. That boy is shedding soooo much. He's got cat hair everywhere in there!! If his mother saw that...she would *flip a switch* and he would be kicked out so fast!! I'm gonna do a SUPER clean up & get rid of the evidence tomorrow, so as to preserve his indoor privvy's. Seems that she's still on target for returning this Monday afteroon.

<---Resents being limited to 30 Emos...when I clearly needed 34 to get this properly conveyed!! AND, don't even have any Emo's left to show the madz about it right now!! <<MADDDD!! about that!!>>
Old 05-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #2073
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know what I'm talking about!! The processor is a black & decker. Where'd I come up with the other name?! Lame!! Cuzz it really matters, huh?!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #2074
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
I don't know what I'm talking about!! The processor is a black & decker. Where'd I come up with the other name?! Lame!! Cuzz it really matters, huh?!
Well yes it does, especially when your dealing with the kind of cash you are!!!!

I think mines probably a Hamilton Beach. IDK its some cheapy but works!

Awwww.....doesn't that just make your day when someone says things like that? So true though!!! You are a gorgeous lady! And double score that the hunk found those things! I am amazed that he keeps finding things in stores like that! I would just never think you would find anything like that there!

so he was a total wimp about nude mowing hey? I tried to talk my BIL into doing the same but he declined as well. ML and I will be gardening fully clothed tomorrow! I had him pick me up just a few more things today

5 of these-Don Juan climbing rose. I have one already on the pergola but I think I need one on each pillar ...yup NEED

Then also 4 golden shower climbing roses to go along the fence into the back yard

and.....3 of these yellow knock out roses

and 2 of these purple rhododendrons

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 05-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #2075
Blabbermouth!!!

Good plan to do a good clean up of little Max's evidence! Wouldn't want to get him into trouble!!!! So only 1 more CT free day! What are your plans for it???

Oh wind is scary! I hate it because of the trees around here. They are HUGE and would surely kill us in our sleep if they ever fell

Whats the weather tomorrow, is it going to be nicer?

Yes, little jack is very fuzzy! In fact that is his nickname. Fuzz, fuzzy, fuzzyboy, or dummy. LOL I left his face a little longer than i normally do on his last cut but I like it. I think I will keep it that way!

Last edited by lotus33; 05-04-2013 at 08:44 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #2076
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh random fun pinterest things I did today...

Today I rubbed the couch down with EVOO and it looks fab!

Also made a non toxic ant killer 50% borax 50% sugar. Stirred together and put it in an empty parm cheese shaker container and had A go around and shake it on all the ant hills. Will let ya know if it works! The rotter buggers eat my Hosta up all the time!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #2077
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wowzer Lote, you have been a busy bee!!

I've got too many tireds on me to stay & play!! I'll catch up with ya tomorrow!!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #2078
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I had just a wonderful day!

Spent 5hrs outside. Got most planted and moved some things around. The hose was leaking from the spicket part, not where you screw on the hose. I told ML to take a look. We were both just like....uhg add it to the list and kept about the day. Well, never thought to look in the basement to see if water was leaking in there. got done outside, then went out to dinner. Came home to a flooded basement.... I suppose about an inch of water, enough that all the carpet in the whole basement is soaked but not deep enough where you see standing water. There was a bust pipe about 2 feet in from the wall and water just spraying everywhere!

I think we should try to have people over to suck it up and save the carpet, there is nothing wrong with it but ML is freaking and so we are tearing it out and replacing it. I suppose there was a reason that I didn't buy a house huh???

I've had enough fun today....going to bed!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #2079
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness Lote!! What a nitemare of a sitch with your basement!! That' is so overwhelming!! Like you, I'd absolutely wanna salvage the carpet, if it was in fair condition...and see it as an opportunity to give it a good cleaning, thru it's extraction process. That must be a drag to be on opposite ends of that line of thinking with ML. Is it a concern for him in that there may be an issue with bacteria growth in there, because of the dampness?
Are you two doing this job yourselves, with the tear out & replace? Or hiring out?
Geez, your day sounded really ideal up until that point!! I bet your yards look fab with all of your new flowers!! That's gonna feel so yay to come home to that beauty everyday!!

We churched it up today, came home & made lunches, took the kids to the pup park, ran to the market, I napped, the Hunk played -trains-, I went out to another market for groceries for our place and CT's, as I know she'll be exhausted when I pick her up tomorrow afternoon, and she purposefully left her fridge empty. We played & tucked baby Max in for the night, and now I'm trying to wrap up the work clothes/laundries.
Tomorrow will be all about choring in the morning over here & getting ready for the day. Then I'll turn the focus over to doing damage control/cleaning over at CT's, before I go to pick her up. Hopefully keep her boy in good graces with her.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #2080
Blabbermouth!!!

Hola!

working working working but thought I would drop in to say HI!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #2081
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yo, Goodmornin' Peeps!!

So, up & at 'em this morning!! Made the man some steel cut oats for breakie, using a method I found on you tubeage, of cookin' 'em up the night prior & then lettin' 'em sit & think about it over night. I doctor'ed 'em up with butter, cinnamon, vanilla & maple extracts, and stevia. I also added in a bit of flax. Hunky liked it, a lot!!
Oh yeah, he's down 8lb.'s so far...since maybe 2'ish weeks ago. I finally inched below the 200's by 1/2 lb. Yah!!

Well, in the interest of shaking off the anxiety I was having about CT's place needing a sprucing...I decided I'd shirk off -getting the pretties together- and just go on over there haggard. Made sense, bein's I was just gonna be cleaning anyway...all by myself. NO...that's why one should plan for the unplanned!! Some fellow drove by, with his landscapee truck & trailer and spotted me out on her front deck, sweeping...annnnnd decided he'd stop so we could chat. Ahhh well, he was a super nice fellow & we had a very nice visit and he gave me some ideas on how he'd tackle some of her problem areas in both the front & back yards. Gave me a loose estimate & headed off. His drop in was quite timely, really...in that she is looking for someone to handle that sorta stuff for her.
I cut 1 medium size vase & 2 smaller vases worth of some of our pretty yellow and red tulips & took them over to her pad. The largest set of yellow is on her kitchy table, a smaller yellow batch in the kitchy window and the reds are in her main bath, as that room is deco'ed red & heavy pinks. PRETTY!! Her place does indeed sparkle now!!
After lunches, and goin' to pick/drop CT off...then I will come back & finish the sprucing that these diggs need. That's the plan!!

What are all y'allz doin' today?!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #2082
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah!!!!!! Aren't you super stoked that you broke on through to the other side????? Whoooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!! Your getting closer to being way more healthy and happy every day!!

Awesome for Rob tooo!!!!! Share some of those emo's up there with him too!!!!!

That just made my day!!!! The rest of it has been a total PITA!!!!

Last edited by lotus33; 05-06-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #2083
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh well, if you were out doing yard work no body expects you to have your pretty on! Well not in my hood anyway! I suppose the guy was just lucky it wasn't Sat! At least you had your clothes on!

Very very nice of you to go do that for CT today though!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #2084
Blabbermouth!!!

Well the carpet extractor peeps just left. They wanted to charge me 1300.00 to bring in some blowers and a dehumidifier....uh no thanks! Told him if the insurance adjuster said yes then I would call tomorrow. For now I am good thanks!

But they sucked all the water out so it will be easier to tear away tonight.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #2085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dang!! A $1300 blow!! WHOA!! I should think that would come with a whole lotta bells & whistles for that!! Smart of you to put the breaks on!!
Oh you Heathen...you so funny!! Yeah, I kept clothed for my impromtu visit with the landscaper....this time. Wait, of course I did...he was -only- a middle ager. You know I like the seniors, for the reverse Coug-Action!!
Thank you very much for the Emo-Party!! Yes, I will share a fraction of the Happy Stokered Emo's with the Hunkage. It's just what I believe in!!

So I've got the 1st appt. of what could be a few...for the anaconda study, scheduled. We've arranged for me to go in on June 3rd. It'll take another 1.5+hr.'s, as they will need to do another ultra sound & that will help these folks make their decision as to whether I'll make a good canidate for them & vice versa. Yippee!! I'm excited that the resolution day for this whole matter is getting closer, cuzz this dude on my leg/knee -hurts-!! It's especially painful in the morning, right when I'm getting up & moving around. I'm guessing because of the gravity factor. It feels like those bulged veins on my knee cap are gonna BURST!!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #2086
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So what's the plannage for the recarpeting? Have you started looking at what you'll put in there?
This reminds me!! I saw something on Pinterest that I'd wanted to show you!! I'm gonna go track it down real quick & bring it over here to ya!!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #2087
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

New plan!! I'm making highest/best use out of Pinterest & create you your own file, "Loteage Ideas...", that's where you can find things that may or may not be of any interest to you, specifically.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #2088
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I am so super tired!

Oh I the Loteage board!!!! IT!!! I want that floor! A LOT!!!

We found the greatest thing under the carpet today. Apparently someone years ago though that they would like to pass on the fact that they like pie

IMG_20130506_210920.jpg

Lots more to say but I gotta get to bed!

TTFN

Last edited by lotus33; 05-06-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #2089
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
got up wee bit early today==hungry lol

made a huge plate of eggs 2, bacon 3 turkey,
cheese 1/4cup cottage 1%fat and lite mozzarella
veggies trinity lol tomatoes grape handfull and baby bella mushrooms, plus brussel sprouts rest of bag

sauteed in pan with eggs and seasoned lol added hot sauce too lol

i added pat of butter since low fat meats/cheeses and think my hunger coming from using lowfat choices

feel better just about why would the scale go up if your eating low fat low carb and less calories hmm.. so would adding like butter or high fat meats/cheeses change it to go down even tho high in calories?
Old 05-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #2090
Blabbermouth!!!

Naty! I want some of that too! Thanks! Wowza! You did get up early, better make sure you get a nap in today!!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 AM   #2091
Blabbermouth!!!

Whine fest over here.....

my feet hurt
my back hurts
I am still tired
Oh and bonus TOM finally showed up last night, great timing!

OK whining over. Gotta pull on my big girl pants and get to the day!

Ins guy is coming today and the plumber is coming.

Shawna!! $1300 blow! Smarty pants!

Well you know how things happen for a reason? I am so so so so so glad that pipe burst!!!!! Along the one wall under the carpet is what appears to be black mold! The tack strip for the carpet is all but disintegrated and some sort of mold or mildew is growing. Now that the carpet is up it is stinky down there! So, glad it happened now before it got super bad! Who knows how much longer it would have gone on before I found it! Not sure on replacement flooring. The whole basement is tiled in asbestos tile. Some people won't deal with it. I need to see who will lay flooring over top of it. I don't even want to deal with removal, well I don't think I do. I don't know
Old 05-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #2092
Blabbermouth!!!

Just came back from the store. I pulled a Shawna Went out in grub clothes to work in and minimal make up. Powder, liner, and mascara. I hear these people in line behind me at the check out say "oh no its not her, looks like her a little but its not"

I turn around, its 2 residents from the apartments. I am like "oh hey, yeah its me...just a gross version!" oops!

Enlisted MIL to help do some normal housework. She will be here shortly. I forgot to tell you I am now working 4 days a week Not a fan at all! Wasn't really given a choice though. Its because we are so busy and we really are very backed up on paperwork, I really do need to I am just not wanting to! Especially with summer just around the corner! So this is my only day off and I have a ton to get done!

Hey! Awesome you got into the anaconda study!!!!! I guess I didn't realize it was that painful! What a bad place to be hurt too! Maybe if it was mid thigh it wouldn't be as bad but right in the knee area

Last edited by lotus33; 05-07-2013 at 07:16 AM..
Old 05-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #2093
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My oh my!! Loty you are certainly due a ~Whine Fest~!! By all means!! What an ordeal that whole leaky pipe sitch has turned into!! Sooooooo Glad though, like you said, that it's something you guys discoverd now, vs. just continuing on your merrily way and having your household become sick over it & not know how to pinpoint the cause!! I'd say y'all dodged a hefty bullet there, really...healthwise. Now, for the cost of all this and the time it's taking to remedy it all.... I know that's not easy. I'd say you get to tack these extra physical efforts that are taking a toll on ya, onto your *exercise* for the day points!! So you're Winning, really!! WiNNer!!

It sounds like you should consider scheduling in some R & R, with all the aches/pains and now Tom too!! Loty needs some down time & a nap!!

What are you doing with the rest of your day?!

The kids & I went for an early morning walk (1.2 miles), and now they're gettin' their crash on. I need to get myself put together, as it'll be time to throw lunches together soon & then CT & I are headed to Bend (our larger town...the next town over) to shop it out. Soooo, another words...there's no foreseeable nap...just a lot of GO!!

Naty!! What a superb breaky you had!! That sounds like restauranty eats & something I'd like to dive head 1st into!! Mouth wide open & fork in hand!! So!! Ummm, well, I guess I'd wonder if you're getting extra sugar in your low fat products...as to there being a shift upwards on the scales?? I've noticed that the lower the fat content of products...usually the higher the sugar. PLUS, the less fat and more sugar...the more cravings and larger appetite after chowing on the stuff. Just some thoughts. In any case...maybe ya wanna slide that plate over this way...while you ponder these things!!

Over & out...like a scout...not a trout...POW!!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #2094
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yo!! I'm back!!

We hit quite a few stores, but not all that I need to get to, so I'll probably bail out on my own (on the sly), on Thurs or Friday. It just occurred to me that the Mother's Day packages that I've yet to wrap up & ship out...may not make it in time to their destinations, this late in the game. -Someone- lagged!! I'm sending out to my step-muth & MIL. Well, supposedly I am!! I'm just gonna shop local for CT & put something together within the next couple days.
Lote, do you get the special treatment on Mother's Day?
I can't believe the resident folk that saw you in the market, spoke so loudly as to be heard!! How embarrassing!! Yes, the makeups really do make a world of difference don't they?! At least you put *some* effort into it...and didn't go totally without!! Like some peeps do...sometimes!!
Oh my goodness on the whole 4 day a week nonsense!! Yikes!! So what days are you slotted for? What are the hours? I'm not any sort of a fan of this plan. No, not at all!!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #2095
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So qvc has a pedicure device named Emjoy & I think I -NEED-it!! Actually I think I'm gonna try to snap one up for CT too. There's a little video on their site, showing how it works. I've also seen it advertised in live time & was impressed. I've tried the cheapie versions that I've found available here in town, and have returned them right away, cause they are CHEAP & not effective, at all. This Emjoy tool looks like it may be heavy duty though, and has very favorable ratings. I think that's the plan!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #2096
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee!! It's Happy Winzday!!

The kiddos & I trotted out 1.7 miles this morning!! I'm really enjoying the -early- morning, haggard , walks. No one else seems to be up & about that early, and once it's all said & done...I feel like the exercise obligation/kid adventure is actively being fulfilled & that feels Good!! WIN!!

So excited!! I hear that the local veggie stand will be reopening for the season on May 21st!! Yah!! And in other news...I ordered up the Emjoys!! Qvc wanted me to accept their credit card...that I didn't want...but they convinced me that I did, when they told me they were offering $20 off my order. Ummmm......OK, I WANT that card!!
My heels are in much need of the -help- of the Emjoy!! I'll letcha know if it's worthy or not.

Today is domestic-day!! Mz. June's up in the house!! I've got choring on the agenda & wanna test out that freshly cleaned foodie processor, by making a vat of spicy salsa. Gotta handle some office filing & bizz calls. SHOULD think about pulling some weeds out front. We'll see. There's so little -wanna- about that...I just don't really see it. It's gonna be 81*'s today!! Awesomeness!!

What are the happs around here?!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #2097
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There is weeping & nashing of the teeth!! My Great $6.50 food processor find is indeed a piece of junk. I got it all ready to rock & roll out the salsa goodness, and do you know that beast doesn't even try to pretend to turn over & work!! So disappointed!! DISAPPOINTED!!
There will be no salsa added to the lunch salads today & not until further notice, which might be never!! FINE!!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #2098
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, so maybe there's a safety feature that a person needs to be aware of locking in on...with their new food processor. And maybe if it's (totally)locked in...then the whole thing actually runs like a champ!! While Hunky was home for lunches, I was sharing my grief over what -could have been...had my processor worked- and of course being the cape wearing hero that he is...he fiddles with it for just a moment...while I'm telling him how certain I was that I tried everything & made sure that lid was on tight...just in case it's smart enough with a safety feature, to not run if it's not on there tight....and then BAM...he's got it runnin'. I'm like ....what?? How?! He say's -Yeah, it is smart with a saftey feature...and the lid has to be *locked* into place...not just on there tight-
Then he busts out with some lame sing/song about -Saving the Day-!!
Well that's YAY!! But now after making lunches & such...I don't wanna play with that thing and make salsa!! Maybe later...or tomorrow.

Are y'all out livin' it up today?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 05-08-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Old 05-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #2099
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
There is weeping & nashing of the teeth!! My Great $6.50 food processor find is indeed a piece of junk. I got it all ready to rock & roll out the salsa goodness, and do you know that beast doesn't even try to pretend to turn over & work!! So disappointed!! DISAPPOINTED!!
There will be no salsa added to the lunch salads today & not until further notice, which might be never!! FINE!!
aww sorry 2 hear that, i come to find out most of the time if u buy pricy things they are for long uses over the year, howevr most pricy things or junk and the 1dollar item is better lol

most things because of the name lol

oo salsa and chips yummy

my mom use to make
velveeta+salsa+ground beef dip a pot of cheesy beefy mixture with tostitos

lol

but my fave salsa is tacos/burritos
Old 05-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #2100
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey!!! Hi!

I came on here earlier and then MIL showed up and we played cards .....I kicked her butt....hard!!! Show no mercy

So I am not not not a fan of this working one bit!!!!!! It is eating up all my time for very little in return But we are so busy I really need to be there. Grr....Oh well. Oh and the 2/3 raw thing...no go the last 2 days! I will try tomorrow!

I am super anxious to hear what the quotes are going to be on the remodels I hope to be able to do everything I want to all at once while everything is torn out. All the mess at once! So the basement is broken in 3 areas. The laundry room is when you first go down, then the bathroom is off to the side and its the work out room (which is now being referred to the room of good intentions LOL) and the kids play room. We are going renovate everything but the laundry room I think. Taking out a storage cabinet and adding a beauty station. 2 or 3 make up stations with the mirrors and light bars Won't that be nice for us 3 to get ready?? Hopefully this can all be done! Told the contractor we would do all the tear out and the finishing if he just did the bones of the job. its all in the budget!!!

Ahhhh!!!! FuNnY! I have done that a couple times. Just not shoved it over quite far enough to lock and engage! I don't know if I would have thought to even tell you that! Yay for the Super Hunk to figure it out!!!!

I have to go see what en emjoy is! Do I need one too????

Hey thats so awesome that you are able to get up and take the kiddos for a walk and get that in before the day starts!!! Is it light out when you go? Or are you watching the sun rise? I can't remember the last time I saw that You know what a fan I am of getting up early and all!

dang...BRB...at my emo limit
Closed Thread