Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
LOL we were both posting at the same time this afternoon!

I ended up going for a 45 min walk, walked to the meat market and got some chicken for dinner. Then hung those couple lights I bought the other day. Made dinner and now just veggin a bit before I clean up the kitchen.

I tried to take pics of the lights but..they are really no good

all your pics look YUMMY!!!! I am going to have to try that chowder and the pizza, DH LOVES clam chowder and I have never made it. Did you do the cauliflower crust on that pizza?

when I make those crackers I just put them right on the glass turntable on the microwave. I make them smaller too. Maybe an inch big. I think they would be more fun to munch on big like that!

Oh....and we have the same color nails I put some sparkles just on the tips

B- nada
L-salad
D-grilled chicken, veg, slice of key lime pie.

did have a few handfuls of leftover popcorn this afternoon too.

Not the best but....better than I had been over the last week.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Goodmorning!!

Hey, Good for you for gettin' your walk on to the meat market!! I love it when I can incorporate an errand into the walky~walk. It's only possible to do that with the kids if Ma is along with us for the walk. Sometimes one of us will dip into the market for just a couple items, while the other loiters around w/the littles outside.

MMMmMMmmM...yes, that Chowder is a serious Winner of Winners!! It's very cinchy to make, and pretty quick to put together too. I'd *highly* recommend the goodness!!
As for this last LC Pizza, no, I didn't use the Cauli...although that's a very tasty choice too. I used CreamCheese, egg, italian seasoning and parm for the crusty. I bake it in the 13X9 for nearly 20 minutes at 350*...let it cool for about 15 and then topped and baked. Rob thinks it's the best food he's ever ate...every.single.time!!

OoOoooOh, we're rockin' the same polish color!! I like the color a lot & might do a re-run of it on the next go-round...cuzz the current is startin' to look a little rough. I'd like to pick up some more glitter polish. Maybe I won't be so wimpy about the big chipped glitter & just deal with the horrendous job of taking it off...like some other girl I know of.

I want some of that key lime pie I heard about!! I've never had it. I've only ever had the yogurt flavored kind.

I copy catted you yesterday eve & made the Hunk and I some Popcorn. YUM!! Likey!!

That's interesting that the salt may be a helper in cleaning up raw egg mess....or it sounds like it could be just extra added mess to clean up...bein's *someone* doesn't remember for sure if that's the deal or not!!

OH NO!! Smoked Bully Stick!! I just googled for images!! Ewwww!! So funny...your story of being a sniffy & then gettin' the word about what it was!! I educated Rob about them & then shared your story. We busted up laughing over that one!! What a crack up!!

The news on M's Uncle being awake sounds a little encouraging!!
It would sure be a relief if your friends Husband was a able to get some quick answers outta all those tests.
I sure hope the Grandma has an easy transition/passing.

As for the dope I take...I only take insulin. A fast acting and a slow acting insulin. Both of them are direct culprits to this weight gain. It just is how it is. I've pretty much got two options with losing weight...either exercise like a maniac...to lower the blood sugars some, along with low carbing...so as to keep them as low as possible in the first place...which then requires less insulin, than if I was willy-nilly with the carbs...OR restrict the insulin that I take, to less than what I need...& deal with the nightmare of high blood sugars and all of the compications that result from having high blood sugars...but drop the pounds pretty darn fast. If I stop the insulin all together, I'd drop the weight immediately...and be on deaths door, literally, in about 2ish weeks. It's just a nitemare.

So...out of frustration yesterday...I recumbented 3 seperate times @ 20 min.'s each...as fast as I could, trying to drive the blood sugars down, stuck to LC...aside from the small bowl of popcorn...and then didn't dose last night, at all. The result this morning was 3lbs down...but high sugars. So, in response to that...I'm going to jump back onto the bike & bust out some more mileage...cuzz I don't wanna dose this morning to get those #'s lowered.

Great news?! It's HAPPY FRIDAY!! You're just about to get into your big~exciting weekend!!
What's on your agenda today?!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B: Tuna w/mayo & dill picky-Coffee w/hwc-double Green Tea...<--also lowers the BSugars.
Jammed out 20 hard/fast recumbent minutes, and immediately after I got off the bike...I retested the BS & it had dropped from 260 to 229.
I'm gonna just keep chipping away at it today.
Like a lame...as I was preppin' the tuner goodie, the whole time I was thinkin' I need to snap a piccy....and then as soon as that mash was mixed...GOBBLE!! Ooooops!! Well really, I don't think tuna mash is all that photoworthy ...so you didn't miss much.

OoOoOh, I need to take a lookie at your eggy link!! Thanky~Thanky!! I'm boiling eggs right now!! Rob brought home 15 dozen yesterday afternoon!! That's on top of the 2 dozen we still had. I passed 1 dz. to Ma (it'll easily take her a month to go thru them)...we'll keep 5 dz. and he'll take the rest to the church. They make lots of breakfasts there, including the breakfast eats at Rob's mens bible study on Saturday morning. Can we pass some along your direction too?!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry I have been MIA all day!!

Work was actually busy! We decorated and put up the tree, I should have snapped a pic! I will Monday! Then we went to the Home Depot, I forget if I told you or not that the owners are going to let us start remodeling them so the boss lady and I have been busy figuring that out! Then it the time for paying rent so just lots of activity goin on! Quick grabbed kids from school, got suckered into bringing home one of G's friends, came home, Ava had ball from 4-6 but Mr. L takes her, ran to the store for the stuff to make for that mexican fiesta thing tonight. Ended up just making corn and black bean salsa since it is super easy and fast. Came home to a MESS!!!! Will post in a bit that pic Mr. Buddy can get into the trash can if he smells something in there he thinks he might need , made dinner quick (spaghetti and garlic bread) just now sitting for a bit. Mr. L took G and her friend to the mexican night. They will be gone till 9....thinking about closing my eyes for a minute but uhg...too much to do around here!

So grandma passed on today around noon. From what I heard it was very peaceful. I am giving some space today. Called BIL but will wait till tomorrow to call the GF.
No new word on the Uncle.
Friends DH is not doing well

Oh that crust sounds super!!!! If you don't mind posting the recipe for that and the soup I would appreciate it I think you gave me the soup once before but I don't think I saved it.

yeah the bully stick thing was and super embarassing!!! I blush really easily, really easily! Was 865 shades of red that day I am sure!!!

Wow your sugars are that high even on meds??!?! Thats crazy that doing some exercise lowers it that fast! Now how long do the effects last? Like if you did your 20 mins 3 times a day would it help to keep them down all day or only for a short time? You scare me skipping them though!!! Don't do that!! Your giving me palpitations!!! As frustrating as it is not being able to lose weight is waaayyyy better than all the scariness of what HBS can cause What number are they wanting you to stay under. My docs always want it under 100 fasting. I had gestational diabetes and so now they check me once a year to check. So far so good but my triglycerides are horrible and I should be on meds but I just don't want to start them. All my other cholesterol is good but my Dad's whole family has super high triglycerides. I think recommended is under 150, mine are 280 right now and Dad's and all of his siblings are over 1200 went not on meds. Uhg as I type this I am thinking I better go get that looked at. Its never going to come down on its own! LOL Not with heredity like that
Old 11-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

This is what I have been doing on the glitter sitch. Works great!!!! Adds some bling but not as hard to deal with!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Forgot to show you my little friend at the kennel the other day! LOL She sits on the computer all day and you can't do anything on it! She can type some interesting things with her bum though

IMG_20121128_144528.jpg
Old 11-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...love-thee.html
Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Santa needs to bring me a camera!! Tried to take pics so you could see. Honest they look good IRL! Scouts honor!

IMG_20121130_194203.jpg

IMG_20121130_194133.jpg
Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh your notes have me dyin' over here!! The pup shamin' piccy's are toooo funny!! Rob & I were crackin' up over them & the way you titled them!! Awesomeness!!

NEATO on the nails!! So do I need to find a glitter paint that kinda matches up to the base primary coat, or is that just regular silvery glitter polish??
I'm thinking about heading out to the market tonight...after a littttle bit more java. I wanna pick up whatever I need to get this *in demand Loty look*!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OoooOoh, so your color looks like a pinky~burgandy. I realllly like that!! Very-very pretty!! Love your wedding ring too!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

I am sure you can use whatever glitter you want. I use a multi colored glitter its got pink/purple/blue in it. I used it over purple polish as well. Might look pretty in a red with gold glitter for the holidays

Oh yeah the pups were acting very guilty for awhile!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
OoooOoh, so your color looks like a pinky~burgandy. I realllly like that!! Very-very pretty!! Love your wedding ring too!!
Thanks!!! Me too!!!

It really is pink pink....camera just stinks!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just got your naughty note.... What a trouble maker!!

I bet if we'd have been in school together, back in the day...we'd have found ourselves in a LOT of trouble together!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow!! What an idea!!! Red w/gold glitter!! THAT sounds *Fancy*!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your shelter/kennel friend looks like a softy little doll...with the potential to have some *tude*!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

I know it!!! I just came up with that just now! Feeling like a total genius
Old 11-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My oh my, your day was a busy one!!

How old is your Friends Husband? Do they know why he has the pancreas issues? I sure hope he pulls thru this ordeal.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

He is 46. Smokes A LOT! That is the only factor that they can determine that caused it! They are keeping him for 3-5 days with no food or drink, have put in a pic line to give him IV fluids and then probably transferring him to a larger hospital.

Do you guys smoke?

I don't, DH does at work. He is not allowed to at home.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH YES, you ARE a total genius!!
One more drinky of the coffee's and then I'm bustin' outta here to grab polishes!!

Oh yah, check this out...5 times on the recumbent for 20 minutes each today, and a teensy bit on the gazelle....teensy as in a bit less than a mile. I plan to get back on the bike later this eve.
I don't have the answers yet on how long lasting the effects are or aren't, on the BS. I hope to have a better picture of that as the days go on.

L: Bowl of Chowder
S: 2 hard boiled eggs
S: 5 deli Turkey slices ...yah FIVE!! What?!
D: I think that might end up being the multi-coffees

Yes, I will get you the recipes for LC Pizza goodness & Clam Chowder!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, we used to, back in the day. We were pretty light smokers ( I think )...we'd smoke about 1/2 pack a day.

Totally on the *NON* now. Can't stand 'em!! Of course that would all go right out the window if I got a little drinkie...but we've set that aside too...so no worries.

*We never smoked in the house. BLECKKKK!!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alright, I'm gonna go shop out some glitter!! Back soooon!!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Well well well....guess I am not the only genius in the world google images is full of pics LOL

Old 11-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OooOOoOooh I Likey on the Christmas nails!! Do you have the goods to try it out?!
I found two different polishes that I think I'm crazy about!! I just tried each one over my jacked up polish & they're both Neato!! I'll have to do a *real* work of art paint job on all the pigs tomorrow!! Oh yah, and got a buy 1, get one half off too!! Yippee!!
Speaking of scoring today...during the Hunks lunch break he brought home some sausage for only .75, and a bunch of angus hot dogs, hot links and deli turkey at the end of his shift, for only $5.50!! I foresee some serious BBQ'in action in the future!!

So the rest of tonights loot...the smellies...I'm just not sure of. I sprayed it on in the car...and then because I couldn't get away from it...I found it overwhelming. Have you smelled that Jucy Couture? What smelly do you like?? I don't usually EVER wear smellies. I got out of the habit way back in the M. Therapist days...cuzz ya just don't wanna put off a client smell-wise while they're trying to get their relax on. I probably wouldn't wear this, or any smelly in public, cuzz I'm a little parinoid that what I think is great, could be off putting to others. I sit by plenty ladies at church that are guilty of this.
The Basis soap...we always use it, cause it's just so basic. However, I've never tried their face wash. I'm a little askeeered...but I'm gonna do it!!
The eyelash curler...well, I was forced into that, because I CAN NOT FIND the little rubber insert replacements that they need in them, and my current one has been half tore out for a while now. I've looked EVERYWHERE for them!! It doesn't seem that they sell them seperately anymore?!

That's all there is to know about these things!!

*I'm so lame...let me go attach the photos now!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sausage score.jpg (47.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 11 30 Meatie Score.jpg (52.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Some fun loot.jpg (48.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 11-30-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

POW!! Got up & took the kids for a jog-brisk walk-trot. Just a miles worth...but hoping it can help drive the BS (274) down. Yeah...it should be nearly triple-less than that. That's gonna be the focus of the day...keepin' active!!
Rob's off to church it up with the men folk. I'm about to get ready for the day.
What's Loty~Land up to this morning?! How did G & her Pa enjoy the mexi-event? Wait, I thought she was going to be going with your BIL. Did he go to?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B: 3 scrambleds in Coconut oil, w/lots of red pepper!! Iced ACV Water and double Green Tea. Cinnamon capsule & Chromium Picolinate. Coffee w/hwc too, of course.
Just checked the BS again, right before eats and it's risen to 310. Sometimes cardio can do that. It can raise them, and thennnn it drops 'em. Hoping that's the case here.
I meant to ask you...is there anything else you can take/do/change, other than having to take the dope for your high tri #'s?
A close gal friend of mine just posted on facebook yesterday that she's gonna start taking dope for hers, as they came back at 420!! I don't know enough about it to know of any alternatives. Does exercise make a big difference with that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12 1 breakie.jpg (45.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I do use *fancy* flatwear~paperplates for my eats, a lot of the times!!
209.5 this am.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

You are right on it already this morning!! I am so proud of you for putting in all this extra effort!!!! Even if that darn scale doesn't go down or the BS numbers aren't cooperating your still doing something great for your health an I am really happy and excited for you!!!!

But.....as it stands you kicked a few lbs to the curb anyway!!!! Bonus!!!!

I forgot to weigh in this am. Again.... Don't let me forget tomorrow!!

Oh any chance I get I eat on toss away plates!!! I don't have your fancy shmancy holders so we get the plastic. Should switch so its more mother earth friendly

Well???? Did you get to the fabulous nails yet???? I the polish you got!!!! i have not smelled Juicy Couture. Is it florally?? I am drawn more towards clean scents and the unisex ones. Too fruity or floral and it gives me a headache! I still have not found one I am in love with! I keep trying though! LOL WOW the hunk finds you all the good deals!!!! BBQ in the Hood tonight!!!! If ya all find you don't like your new soap...Cindy Crawford just delivered my next shipment to the door this week! LOL I actually am happy with the product so far though! For a great price too!

Well loty land started with 2 ball games this morning, then had to stop to MIL for a bit. Home now but have a crap load of stuff to do today!!! Got off the phone with BIL and his girlfriend, I am not going to the funeral tomorrow, one I am super busy and two they are 2 hours away so its a long day! (that was why DH took G to mexifest, BIL lives far away and he isn't coming to stay this weekend because of the grandma dying ) I am going to send a food basket for at the showing, MIL will take it with her. Was going to bake some treats but thinking of just going to buy stuff. Thats so lazy huh....I should just debit out and bake OK OK ...I will bake.

On the Triglyceride front. I can help it with exercise and no sugar. Funny huh that sugar raises the level and not fats??? So I really need to be LC...better than I do!

keep me posted on the BS findings today!!! Oh and waiting for a piccy of pretty nails!!

Last edited by lotus33; 12-01-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and Mr L uncle took a turn for the worse last night. Back on life support and heart stopped last night. They were able to get it going again though.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness, poor Mr. Loty's Uncle. What a toll this must be taking on him & all you guys.

My Gosh you bust me up somethin' fierce!! Our 1st public use of *debit*!! MmmMmmM....good smell goods at the Loty's!! What would you bake for the occation? That's very thoughtful of you to send along goodies with your MIL for the event. I'm sure the family will appreciate your sweet~considerate efforts, very much.
Aaaah, yes, I see why BIL wasn't able to make the mexifest. I'm glad to hear that the Grandma didn't have to continue to linger & was able to pass along, peacefully.
And for the record...I'd totally give you a pass for anything *pre-made* that you ever did, cause you are one of the busiest folks I know...and sometimes a girl has gotta try & save some time somewhere!!

So you & I with our *old-people* health issues have the same -remedy- for our individual probs. That's kinda funny!! Gotta be sugar-free & lean mean exercise machines!! BAM!! Well, that's what we should do then!! Get our health ON!!
Thank you for cheerleading me on, in my health agenda!! It's super helpful to have you as my supportive Buddy, in my corner...and help me to debit out...when I clearly don't naturally have the wanna!!

Once Rob returned from his mens group dealy, we headed out to the Humane Society to make a drop & browse...then another 2nd hand shop, the bank & then the market. Rob rented a flick at redbox...Men in Black 3. While at the market I picked up a little $1 movie about little kitties running around. Probably send it off to our niece for her little girl, once we give it a once over.
I haven't made it to the glitter pigs yet...maybe after an over-due nap!!

Careful with your Cindy C. goodies...your Hunk may think he's boarding w/a 3rd pre-teen before too long!!

The Juicy Couture is kinda on the flowery/powdery side. I'm not a fan of that. Like you...I like a very *clean/fresh* scent. Funny that you mention the unisex frages. Rob & I have a couple we enjoy as well.
I wanna find something GREAT one of these days!! It shouldn't be so hard!!

Alright, I've gotta catch a couple sleepys over here...or a tantrum may ensue. Not especially cute when it's packaged in 209.5 lb.'s!!

Check ya back soon!!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...9-perfume.html

I had this thread a month ago or so, some good suggestions on there. Still havent had the time to actually go sniff most but there are some to think about!
I have the worst time also because the scent changes a lot on me after a bit of time has passed.
Closed Thread