Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #2041
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
no lunch, ty girls.

lol was fun to get out I sort of felt like happier to be with my sister and going out more..I just hope it lasts she is known for lies and only need us if she needs something so i just hope i still have my sister back.

my mom went for a 7:45 movie
think called the big wedding looks funny

i use to watch scary movies with my mom as a child now i hate them, nightmares..lol

prefer fantasy, medevil like, disney, and animation types family related and funny thrillers adventure types lol NO SCARY

i still dream of spiders since i was young my mom had us watching trantulascin aracmaphobia. i was super scared
now still dream of them all over me
like once a week or every other week lol hate it.
Oh I hope she sticks around too!

I wouldn't watch a scary spider movie for all the tea in China!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #2042
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Loteage, you diet coke heathen you!! And going to the corner market for it, of all places!! Wild Women!!
What a deal you scored on the Little's summerwear!! I used to wear that sorta get up when I was a kiddo, and would love to now. Somehow I don't think they would look as cute as they once did.
I hear ya on gettin' worn out over the house hunting. It IS wearing!! I sure hope you score something soon!!
Yeah, the garbage folk -forgot- to pick it up. Supposedly they were gonna run back over here & grab it. I'll check here pretty quick when we head over to tuck Max in. If the can is indeed empty...then I will likely *think* about resuming my efforts to fill it, tomorrow morning...while I'm still sporting my tore up from the floor up ghetto look.
So tomorrows hippie tacos will be made with soaked walnuts & BLACK OLIVES , for the meatie. Plus all the other seasoning junk he mentioned. And for the cheese...I couldn't track down the macadamia nuts, so I'll use a mix of brazil & cashew...plus the nutritional yeast & lemon & salt. Let me tell ya something...cashews are goooood, IF they're both roasted & salted. However, if they're not....if they're -raw-....YUCK!! The salsa will be easy peasy to copy of theirs. SPICY...YAH!! But, the Almond-Coconut Yogurt/Sourcream...is NOT gonna happen!! NO!! You know why?!?! Cuzz they involve those stupid coconuts again!!
I gotta say...my expectations are hovering just barely over puddle level right now...after this Lushious shake experience!! Actually, I wonder if I shouldn't consider putting this off till Saturday...so that if it's really bad, I could just whip us up something else...instead of on a work day for the Hunk. Ahhhhh, I don't know...what fun would that be, huh?!

Naty, I'm so glad to hear you had such a good time!! I agree about not wanting to watch freaky/horror movies anymore. I used to totally dig those kinda flicks too...when I was much younger...like teen years. I think I don't like that stuff these days cause there's already so much crazy/scary stuff that really does happen in the *real world*, that freaks me out!! But you know what, I used to really be all about roller coaster rides & such too, at that age. Now...noway Jose'!! Done with that!! So maybe some of it is an age thing?
I hope your Mom enjoyed her movie time!!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #2043
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh...did I tell you I found out about the neighbor across the street? I can't remember
Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #2044
Blabbermouth!!!

Hiya....LOL we are posting at the same time again!

Well, you could have a salad on stand by in the fridge....just in case!

Oh yeah, I have never eaten unroasted, unsalted nuts Blech!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #2045
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We just returned from tuckin' the step-child in and havin' some squirlly time with him & his fishing pole toy.

I'll have to check your your video!! Too funny about your overwhelming lushious~ness!!

NO!! I didn't hear the scoopage on the neighbors!! Drop us the 411 action on 'em!!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #2046
Blabbermouth!!!

Well the hoodlum looking peeps were just helping. Thank goodness!!! We were really confused how the house sold so fast though. Its in just desperate need of lots and lots of work. But then when I found out who bought it, it made sense. The guy that bought it parents live right next door to it! So him and his partner bought right next door to his Mom and Dad!! No thanks!!! However I at least know they will behave! LOL He is mid 20's the partner is older, I would say by 10 years. This causes a slight conundrum for us though. We have never discussed any sort of untraditional relationships with the kids. G made a statement the other day and I just let it go. She just said that our new neighbors must be roomates. Yup! Your right!

OK, I started a raw board for us I will try to go raw for breakfast and lunch, bit dinner is off limits! I only have so much support in me to give!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 05-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #2047
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Room-mates...yeah!! Oh boy...some things are just tricky aren't they? I'm so Glad to hear that you don't have full on thugs living over there!! Annnnd, not even young fellows that you have to be concerned about!!

WOW, I'm impressed!! Two outta three chow downs are being committed to Rawniss?! I'm blown away!! Wait a minute!! Of course -somebody- doesn't even consistantly have breakfast!! Alright smarty...what's your breakfast chow plan for tomorrow? YOU get to have fruit!! You can totally do this!!
Are you gonna weigh tomorrow for your 1st day?
I'm gonna have to see what you came up with on the board!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #2048
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe man, it's bedtime!! Fine!! I'll be happy I'm there, once I'm there. It's just tough gettin' there sometimes!!
Okeedokes...I'll see you tomorrow!!

*So glad your air is fixed at work!! Annnnd that you were able to have a drama free day today!! I hope it goes just as smoothly tomorrow!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #2049
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning!

action packed day today,

house tours at 10
then I *need* to get groceries or we may all starve LOL
pick up kids, they are both having friends over for sleep overs -another reason I need food!
clean and chore it up the rest of the evening. I have have have to go scoop the backyard!

Miss Shawna.....too smart for her own good! you caught that little glitch in the raw food system right off the bat!

Yes, this is going to be much easier for me since I can add fruit. I am currently enjoying a smoothie U will have to research if fruit sugar effects tri#'s too

Now that your numbers are so much better have you tried any low GI fruits at all to see what happens? maybe a spinach and strawberry salad with just a few berries and lots of nuts?

Hey have you broken into the *ones* yet??????

I didn't weigh in, I really have just been trying to do it at TOPS, but seeing that I have worked the last 3 meetings I suppose I should take a peek!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #2050
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Fridaaay!!

I woke up at 3:30am to take Kiki to the *Nature Center* , and then crash back to sleep. At that time...I knew it was Friday=work day. Fast forward an hour later, and I've slept thru the alarm...and was fully convinced that it was Saturday...and soooooo happy that it meant that I could continue to lay there & sleep. And then the Hunk imparts the blasted truth to me & shines the bright light!! Nooooooo!! Well, an hour & a half later and I'm still feelin' a little grievee over it.

So no worky for Loteage today!! Score!! It sounds like you're gonna be on the hop though!! YUM on the Fruit Smoothie action!! MmmMMmmMmm No, I haven't added any fruits. Even though the #'s look pretty good, the sugar numbers will bolt right up if I take in anything like the fruits. However...if there were to ever be any wiggle room for me in this area...I would add it in just like you suggested. Just a couple berries, along with chow that's more benign. I WAN-IT!!
I will send you a page (pm), you may find interesting, regarding diet-fruit sugars...related to the tri's.

My *Saturday* sleeps this morning wrecked up my weigh-in. I've been doing it daily, in the morning. No to the Ones yet. Nope, not yet. As close as I've been is a straight 200...but that was nearly at the height of my salmonilla-diet!! So it's like 201-202 now. I am soooo stokered over that too!! It's allowed me to get into some of my capris that I couldn't get into just a few weeks ago!! With the warmer weather coming on & my fave raptore black strechy pants being tore up from my thigh shredding........I REALLY needed to come up with something!! Another bonus is that my shirts are hanging (a little) nicer.

I suppose I need to give some thought to whether I'm gonna force myself out to do the yard clean up. I don't know...I'm not really feelin' it today!! I *wanted* to do it yesterday!!

Check in when ya get a chance!!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #2051
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hippy Tacos are in the house!! They turned out GREAT!! Truely they were so good!! And I kid you not...had those ingredients been in a -real- taco shell...I think it would be tough to tell that it was what it was. Except for the texture of the *cheese*...but whatevv!! The Hunk was fully shocked by the tasty deception!! Undoubtedly he'll spend the rest of the afternoon at work ravin' about his Hippy Tacos.
It's a good thing I decided to shirk the backyard clean up, in order to allow enough time to prepare this masterpiece!! It took a long time!! Of course if a person were to have and be using their food processor, for the food processing parts of the job...that would likely help!! I only have a weak powered blender at the moment. I'm really jazzed about how that turned out!! That's a keeper of a recipe!!

I've got a headache that started to creep in on me. I'm thinking of offering it a nap. I'm gonna shut the phone off & hope that no one trys to foil my plan, by dropping by. Speaking of dropping by...the JV's came over while I was prepping lunches in the kitchy & I had only the storm/screen door closed. But Ha!! Ha!! Can't see me in the kitchy from there!!

Ok, over & out!! I'll check ya back soon!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hippy Tacos.jpg (55.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #2052
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I alllllmost made that a 3 hour tour, in Napsville....if it hadn't been for the mail deliverer...doing us a *favor* & dropping our packages at the door and RINGING THE DOOR BELL!! It really is kinda funny...(in retrospect)...that this sorta thing goes down like this all of the time. Also, if I hadn't turned the phone OFF, then I'd have been awoken by a call from CT. Instead, she left a message & I was able to snooze it out. So...maybe I should cover that stupid door bell up!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 05-03-2013 at 03:26 PM..
Old 05-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #2053
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey hey!!! Yay for almost uninterrupted naps!!!

I only have a bit of time....just really dropping in to say

Thanks for the link! I just read the whole thing! Going to forward onto some other peeps as well!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #2054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<--- Frustrated with typing my note twice now, as the 1st flew off into internet-space.

As I was saying!!

Yippee and yeah, that link/page seemed to be packed with good info.!! I sent it along to CT as well too.
When do you reckon you'll go in for that sorta blood work again? Is that on your radar at all, anytime soon?
I go in every 3 months for labs and follow up with the Endo. So, I'm due to get that done again in mid July.
I've been thinking for awhile now...when I was at my lowest weight, 134, back in July of 2011...I was very sickly, because of the diabetes complications at the time. If not for being so ill, I'd have likely maintained a weight closer to 150-165+. I'm almost thinking that I'm going to aim at those #'s for my goal/finishing weight, at the lowest. When I was at the 134, I felt like I'd lost all of the fem curves. I'm not a fan of that!! I always figured I kinda would be....but no.

How did the home touring go today?? Anything of interest??
Yippee for the girls getting to have a little slumber party tonight!! What a fun time!!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #2055
Blabbermouth!!!

Ooohohhoh...that burns me when posts fly away! I have more trouble on this site than any other for freezing up too....really irritating!

Oh you know I have done that too! Mess up the waking up time or just plain ol mess it up all together! I always seem to do it when ML is the actual person that is supposed to open the store...without fail! He very rarely puts that pressure on me anymore He schedules a back up person with keys to the store also He never gets mad at me though.....good boy! Cause you know I would probably flat out refuse to wake him up anymore! Well not really, that was probably all trash talk! Was the Hunk super late or just a bit late?

Whoohoo! the maco~taco look good!!!! What was it that took so long?? Just that you didn't have the right equipment? You better go get one! I just have a cheapy one and then a mini one also. Anymore I only bust it out for salsa. I make killer salsa fresco in the summer! I used to sell it to the guys in the shop when me and ML worked there for $3 a jar. I was probably making 100 jars a week!

Ok, gonna post this and work on another!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #2056
Blabbermouth!!!

The house hunt was another bust. In fact now that the weather is warm it was weeding them out really fast! I looked at 9 houses today in two different towns and it was less than 3 hours and that includes the half hour drive one way to the town over! Open door, get blasted in face with hot animal urine stench, shut door. LOL

The problem is I am just not able to be fast enough. Or they are sold before they ever make it online, or its offered to occupant only and sold. I think I am done looking. My lungs were on fire all afternoon from pee, dirt, mold stench! Told ML I think we should just pay off his vehicle and then put that payment away into the G&A bank account since we are used to making it anyway and save up and maybe in a year buy one that is in our town in the 50-60k range. That won't buy much in this town but if we can find a fixer upper, fix it and rent it, the home values are more stable here and we would def recoup the investment. Where that town is very unstable and I knew I would not make any money on the sale of the house and that the initial investment may be lost even. But this is sucking too much time with too many odds against me so change the plans up i guess
Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #2057
Blabbermouth!!!

I think that is a great solid plan for your goal weight! There is a fine line there where you just start looking unhealthy and old when the weight is too low. How tall are you? I know I knew but not I forget

I haven't got a clue as to what I would like to be at. I thought 130 but who knows??!

Oh I was sort of good today.

B-smoothie
L-smoothie (ironically CT showed up with a smoothie when she came to pick me up so I called that one lunch)
D-pizza
S- I started eating crackers this afternoon because they were just sitting there. I think i had 3 before I even stopped to think what the heck i was doing

So not a great balance of a day, however i have for sure done worse! I was able to make it to the grocery store today as well and so now I am stocked! I bought some dates or figs ...well shoot now I can't remember what it was but anyway was going to try one of those ball recipes on the raw board on my pinterest.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #2058
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I think you've done a fine job for your first day makin' a go at it!! I can't wait to hear what you think of your new pinteresty inspired goodie~treats!! I'm thinking that anything with dates/figs, is highly likely to be delish!! WANT!! I wonder if a oats/granola type goodie could be made, using your figgy dates. Hmmmmm...

I'm 5' 4 & 3/4 inches...but claim 5' 5"...in order to fall within the next weight bracket. There...I said it!! But you can't tell anyone!!

I fully agree with your -hang up the hat, for now- on the housing sitch. Yes. You did your homework...you've invested a lot of time and energy into this research project & have came to a good/solid conclusion. This is a GOOD plan!!

Oh no, Hunky wasn't late this morning. Not at all. He woke up right on time & stayed awake. It's just that I slept thru my normal 1 hours worth of wake up time w/coffee in bed. So come 5am, when he's turning the bedroom overhead light on & singing about it being *Friiiiiidaaaaay Morning!!*...reality crashed down onto me.

Yes, I do need to consider pickin' up a grub processor. I've been looking at the *Ninja MEGA kitchen system* w/a couple upgrades...in the way of blades that snap into the processor container. So it's both a blender and has a container for the processing. It looks like a large enough one too, and runs on 1500watts. Thinkin' about it. It has a good warranty.

Making the *nut meat* took some time, as did making the *cheese* and then the salsa. Just all the steps to put it all together. But it really was worth it!!

Rob is so funny. He's such a sap with pets!! When he thinks Max might wanna be in his own house for a mid afternoon nap, he packs him over there...like he's holding a little baby. If I go over to let Max in for the night, by myself...he'll follow after us, so he can tuck him in too. Sweet guy.

I'm partying tonight!! Stayin' up late & watchin' Dateline!!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #2059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Isn't this a cute swing?! It's available at a garage sale tomorrow morning. I think we may see if it's still there, by the time Hunky gets home from his time at church.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swing.jpg (32.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #2060
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
LIKE that swing looks great for relaxing and swinging.

today be getting the free comic books lol
first time ever participated lol. figure have my family try something new lol

plus walk the mall since its inside

have a great day girls
Old 05-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #2061
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Saturdaaay!! It's *World Naked Gardening Day*!! I'm totally gonna participate!! From the neck up, elbows & ankles down!! Ummmm, lemme' guess, it was a dude that came up with this brilliant idea, wasn't it?!

What are you girls up to today?

Naty!! Have fun treckin' around in the mall!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #2062
Blabbermouth!!!

You chicken! I am going full blown elbows and knees baby!

I get poked and prodded and scratched enough with clothing on...imagine all the wounds if you were in the buff! OMG its just so funny the whole thing!!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #2063
Blabbermouth!!!

The swing!!!! I hope its still there! It will look cute with the kids house too!

OMG! I will BRB. There is an informercial on right not that is so goofy even I won't buy it!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #2064
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #2065
Blabbermouth!!!

Well getting up *early* on a weekend (before 8...gasp!) lets you get all sorts of things done!

Got ML off to work after he had breakfast, made all the kids breakfast, now they are all dressed and off to the park across the street.
I did partake in breakfast. Eggs, toast, and pancakes where what they had requested. I may have to have one extra cook meal on the weekends. We usually have 1 big breakfast day. I am set for the rest of the day to be raw though for today. So just switched out breakfast for dinner. We are babysitting a 1 year old tonight and his fav food is fish sticks so I am pretty sure I will be able to turn those down fairly easily!

I am having some quiet play online time and then off to do a full day of chores. Wish I didn't have so much indoor things to do so I could to garden in the buff but what do you do!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #2066
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Loty, Ye of little faith!! "You could have it all", if you'd call right now & order your *Air Curler*!! Yeah, that's a little reachee!!

I'm guessing those nudies aren't tackling brier bushes or scooping up yard waste piles on May 4th. Ouch man!! I'm with you, I get all cut up & scratched out there....while fully clothed!! That would take some serious cujones to just bare it all & go about your gardening bizz out doors!! It embarrasses me to even think about it!!

As for the swing...there's no tellin'. Their garage sale starts at 8am, and Rob probably won't be home till some time after 9am, as it's not just bible study/breakfast this morning, but also the day he cleans the church. Ahhhh, we'll see, it might just need to belong to someone else.

What's goin' down in Lotyville today?!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #2067
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my gosh...apparently I just have lots to talk about this morning

Anyway...

Glad the Hunk wasn't late! I was misreading it and thought you pulled my trick of just oops~ing all together!

Talked to ML about the house sitch and he is on board with the new plan. Just a bummer, was looking forward to starting the G&A empire but...it can wait a year. The problem is I can't keep looking because I know that I would nickel and dime that money away and then have nothing for it! So I can't keep waiting for a house. Soon I would take a few hundred for this and then that and ..... you know how it can happen We have been trying to implement some of that Dave Ramsey financial plan so get everything all set and not have to worry about retirement. I have some more homework to do on that though.Actually ML really wants to buy a house on the water. Although fun and our grandparents all did it, it is just not practical at all! He works too much and its the complete opposite of making money..its a money hog! Uhg! I thought that was the point of the pool I know its not the same as a beach house but you can still go relax and its 30 feet away not 30 miles

Oh...your taller than I thought! LOL well not that tall! But your the height I want to be so it seems tall! I am 5'2" and yes 130's would be very thin. Well I think it is anyway!
I like you claiming that 1/4 inch to boost your stats!

I go in the fall again and will get blood work. I get it once a year. I should probably go to a doc and have physical or something. I only ever see my gnyo.

OK....better get at it!

Have a great day gals!!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #2068
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your breakie sounds sooooo Good!! I bet your homestead smells delish!! What a special treat for all the Littles & their pals to have such a gourmet dining experience!! Way to go, June!!
Keeping with the family eats over the weekend sounds like a very good match for you. Also something you will probably come to treasure even more, as the bulk of your eats turn raw!!

That is so neato that you guys have a park right across the way!! FUN!! Does it have swings...like something we could swing on?? I LOVE swings!! Rob & I alllllways go down all of the slides, over & over & swing when we hit a park. Oh and if there's a teeter totter...ON IT!!

How is it that you came by watchin' after a tiny baby tonight? Who does he belong to? I want some fish sticks with him!!

You know *they* say that 20 minutes of direct sunshine is worth 20,000 btu's. I think it was btu's?? Anyway, it's a matter of good health keeping, that you buff it out in the sunshine today...for at least a few minutes.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #2069
Blabbermouth!!!

ML responded to the WNGD..he just suddenly became very interested in gardening!

Confirmation....a man surely made up this holiday!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #2070
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, you know how things go....

The baby is sick today so not coming but that opened up all sorts of gardening time So...in honor of WNGD I ran out and bought 6 rose bushes! They are similar to knock out roses but not a double bloom. Much cheaper though and they were buy one get one half off

IMG_20130504_142748.jpg
Closed Thread