Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #1921
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Hey...wait a sec!!!!

Look at your numbers!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!! Thats such great improvement in such a small amount of time! My gosh its unbelievable!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #1922
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Wow, cool, lots of vidz!! I'm gonna check 'em out!! I think you might be thinking of one of the other Fly girls...with the epic action. I don't recall which gal it was...but it was during at time that I was ranting about tv folks constantly saying everything was "Amazzzing", "Se%y", or "Literally"....alllll of the time. I'm ok with Epic...so far. We'll see what happens after I sit thru this video!!

I KNOW, those are crazy drops in the #'s!!

Okeedokes, bedtime for you!! I'll see you tomorrow!!
*Thank you again for sharing all of the neato videos!! It's so helpful to see other folk put stuff together...rather than trying to imagine a recipe thru a cookbook!! Thank you!!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #1923
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Friday!!

Gettin' the pretty on over here...in hopes of doing some light running around in town. I've got 3 packages that need to go to the post office, need to retrieve some dope at the pharma, and the library wants me to pick up my reserved bundle of books.
I'm sure Glad that I hit those exterior yardage chores yesterday...cause now it's all about rain & wind for the day.
We'll ship CT out this evening for the 1st leg of her trip and then maybe a teaching vid from one of our fave pastor fellows.

What's going on with y'all today?!

Loty, how's the water sitch? Were you guys able to work showers in this morning? I hope this whole thing passes for you guys on the ASAP!! No one needs the added stress of it all!!

Naty, what's going on in your world? What's your chow menu lookin' like?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #1924
Blabbermouth!!!

Huh....I could have sworn that was you that hated the E word! Well it will remain a mystery because I will never remember who it was then!

The rain wasn't too bad last night. We didn't get as much as was forcasted, however, there is lots of flooding and the rivers are not expected to fully crest until 10 am sat morning. The schools are shut down today because they had to use the gyms to house people in So sad! Most people are being really good though. In light of some other tragedies...some flooding is fairly minor!

Do you have specifically your tri's #'s? All your other numbers are so great I am curious on those. I may need to join in your fun! My BP was super high at the Dr/ the other day and my tri's are high. I just don't know if I can join you fully but maybe shoot for a 80/20 split.

Are you eating salad dressing? even just a homemade oil/vinegar based one?

We all showered last night so skipped them this am. I sure am hoping the city is able to keep up! They are working hard pumping all the streets out!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #1925
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick run through, as Hunky is on his way for lunches...

Tri was 122, now...101.
And, 14 lb.'s have lost their way!!

I'll catch up with you soon!!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #1926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I be back!! Hunky wants to be a part of the galavanting in town, so I'll work on things around here till he comes back...then we'll bail!!

So, as to the salad dressing...yes I use a really good evoo & some ACV, along with a few sprinkles of this organic seasoning that I picked up, by Braggs. There are like 24 different spices/herbs in it. It's very, very good. And I add crushed black pepper, plus salt too. Occasionally I'll smash up an Avocado & mix it all up with those items I just mentioned and make a slightly chucky'ish dressing.
As of recently, I've been using the marinade/oil that comes from the marinated Arti hearts. That is sooooo Good!! I just drizzle a batch of it over the top of the goods.
Rob's trying to work his way thru a new'ish bottle of Ranch, so he's getting a blend of the same that I'm having, plus a bit of Ranch.
For the past couple/few days we've been having BIG dinner plate sized salads for lunches.

They've included--
Spinach leaves
Green Olives stuffed w/Garlic & Jalapenos
Green Olives...reg. ones
Kalmata Olives
Marinated Arti hearts
Capers
Pickled Jalapenos
Tomato
Celery
Cukes
Snap Peas
Onion
Pickles

On Rob's he's also been having a tiny bit of Cheddar & Salami.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #1927
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, annnd Green Bell Pepper!!

We just returned from the errand hopping. It is sooooo blasted windy outside!! That's my most-least fave type of weathery action. Not a fan of having even 1 strand of hair creep onto my face, much less a whole head of hair & ponytail whipping me around!!

We haven't been home for more than 5-10 min.'s and already the kids and their Pa are curled up on the reclyner, napping.

I'm fixin' to bail in about 30, to drop CT off. There's a wind warning for our area, thru till 11pm, and they're warning that all high profile vehicles, including buses/vans be verrrrry careful on the roads, because of it. I'll admit, that has me a little un-nerved...as CT will be riding in one of those bus/vans...and there have been so many tour bus crashes I've heard about as of late. Ehhhh, whatcha gonna do? *Worry about nothing~pray about everything.*

So, what's the planaroo for the weekend?!
Mine will involve a skyping, reading thru my latest borrowed recipe books, laundries and church. Oh, and surely I can fit in a nap or two!!
Btw...today's nap hit the 2.5hr mark. Nearly enough to share a chunk!!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #1928
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty, what it is that you're using your Coconut oil in/on, that you're buying the industrial strength tubs for??

Have you heard anything from the oldie but goodie, on your offer?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #1929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't wanna do this...but it seems that I'm very seriously considering running out to the market to pick up falsey eyelashes!! WHY?! I'm very afraid that it'll be a -gateway drug-, to wanting to wear them on the daily. I didn't wanna do that!!
Loty, what was your experience with them like??
Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #1930
Blabbermouth!!!

just getting home from the day! Catsup tomorrow! Night
Old 04-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #1931
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So we bonsai'ed & now I'm packin' fakeys!! I'm gonna sport them tomorrow morning, especially for my skyping action. I did a trial run on the skyper & immediately was led to the idea that lashes would likely be a real good idea. The reals ones somehow look non-existant on there.
I'm not real clear on something though...I've seen folks apply mascara to them, so it makes me wonder if that would then get in the way of reusing them or if that even matters. I wonder if a person would wash the mascara off of them, so as to ready them for a next application. Maybe Utubeage wants to enlighten me!!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #1932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe, long day in Lotyville!! Poor tired Loty!!
Well go getcher sleeps on!! I'll see you tomorrow!!

I can't wait for the lashings in the morning!! The girls on U-tubie taught me all I hope to ever have to know about it all!!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #1933
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
hey girls,
wish you all the best

probably do nothing special, but turn 26 lol...birthday today lol
Old 04-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #1934
Blabbermouth!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATY!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #1935
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Tri was 122, now...101.
And, 14 lb.'s have lost their way!!
Oh my gosh!!!! I am just stunned by this and in such a short time! 14lbs!!!! Why haven't you been saying more about that???? Are you kidding thats AWE~SOME!!!!

Have you broken back into one~derland? If not you must be on the verge of it! The power of diet it just mind blowing. I guess you know the saying you are what you eat but never truly think it is that powerful. I am just having to take a bit here to wrap my head around all this!

Quote:

So, what's the planaroo for the weekend?!
Mine will involve a skyping, reading thru my latest borrowed recipe books, laundries and church. Oh, and surely I can fit in a nap or two!!
Btw...today's nap hit the 2.5hr mark. Nearly enough to share a chunk!!
Wooohooo....a break from CT! Wish I could ship my MIL off with her! I have such little interaction with my CT she is no concern to me anymore but MIL.....

Too bad there isn't a jealous emo!!!! Waaaaa I want a nap! I just got up and I want one already!!!!!!

Quote:
Loty, what it is that you're using your Coconut oil in/on, that you're buying the industrial strength tubs for??

Have you heard anything from the oldie but goodie, on your offer?
I use CO for lots, skin, cooking, baking...whatev. DO NOT enjoy in my coffee though! Also not a fan of it for hair.

So the oldie came back with a counter yesterday afternoon. He came down to 22. I was just like...ok CT counter back at 18 firm that day. She is all ...oh no. We will make them wait and provide sold comps to justify the price. Seriously????? We are talking a tiny crappy rental I am sure the other realtor is annoyed by that! Plus what comps??? Most of these are foreclosures or tax sales so how do you compare them??? Oh well as crazy as she is she is very good at her job so I let her do whatever. She has never failed me yet in that dept. I am just looking at this with a different point of view than her. She can't get out of resale mode and I fully understand there is little to no value in the house, the value is in the monthly income.

Quote:
I didn't wanna do this...but it seems that I'm very seriously considering running out to the market to pick up falsey eyelashes!! WHY?! I'm very afraid that it'll be a -gateway drug-, to wanting to wear them on the daily. I didn't wanna do that!!
Loty, what was your experience with them like??

Well I bought the little pack from elf for a buck but didn't use them, I tried a trial run but couldn't get them to stick Curious how it works for you. ITA! I feel like it could be a daily thing if I could get them to work! I think the point of putting mascara on them is to make them blend in and sort of cover them up.

Maybe our friend Naty has something to interject here??????? Jersey is like the hub of fake lashes isn't it????
Old 04-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #1936
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATY!!

Lets have a Birthday Party for Naty!! Such an adorable cake that Loty brought!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Naty Party.jpg (9.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #1937
Blabbermouth!!!

So besides the crazy freakin weather yesterday work was nuts. Crazies coming out of the woodwork and then I leave at 3:30, well at 3 the main office calls and says ~we will be there Monday to start renovating a vacant apartment. Huh???? You call late on Friday and want to reno on Monday???? Do you expect me to pull all the materials out of my magical a**?????? So I hopped on the phone trying to order counter tops and cabinets and tile. The rest we can pick up at the store but cripe what are they thinking??? Counters take 10 days to make but the tile is in. The cabinets we went with are in stock so that should be fine. But So Monday will be nuts as well...yeah! ML had actually stopped in to my work to help me try to get it all ordered, I ended up leaving at 5. Then he was supposed to go home and get G and go buy snacks for the basketball pool party that night at 7. I had to take A to her rehearsal for gymnastics that I thought was 6:15 but when I got there she was on at 7:15. Well ML got called back to work for an EM. I didn't know it and got home and was just like what the hey is going on here??? MIL is here and no ML Anyway besides the mass confusion for awhile there it worked out. ML was able to get snacks and make it to the pool before anyone else did! Me and A got there later.

I did call 9*1*1 when I got to the rehearsal. It is at a high school and I pulled in and right in front of the school was a gun in the road So I called and was just like...hey I don't know guns. I would suspect its a toy but its just an all black handgun so thought I would let you all know in case its not. You never know these days!

Anyway then we went to the party and got to playing cards with all the parents and didn't get home till late! A's little friend ended up coming home with us too.

Today we have A's recital at 1, I have to take her friend home at 12 and then go. After that have to run to Kohls to spend my Kohls cash and also to buy G a sleeping bag, she is going to a sleepover birthday party tonight and I haven't bought her a sleeping bag since she was little and its My Little Ponies on it For a good time I should make her take that one!!!! Oh she would just be sooooo embarrassed! It would be super funny!

Then...home!!!! yeah! Whew...I am tired reading my day! Guess I better get at it though!!!

Have a great day! Naty do something fun!!!!

Last edited by lotus33; 04-20-2013 at 08:09 AM..
Old 04-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #1938
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Saturday~Birthday Party Day!!

It's gonna be Sunshineee today!! So, a Great day for an outdoor Birthday Party for Naty!!
I may take some of my reading material out to the back deck & plan to lounge with the chillin's, on the big foam *bed*.

1st up is to seek out the pretty, w/the lashes!! oOoOooOoOoh, it should be an interesting time!! Then skype it out with the research chick. Afterwards we're gonna run the kids to Petco for their spa treatment.

Loteage, it seems like all & all, you guys may be getting verrrrry close to owning that little G & A prop!! Exciting!!

Yes, check that action out...down 15.5 as of this morning!! I still can't hardly believe this is happening, ya know?! Yeah...real close to the -ones-....202.5 right now. Of course TOM is scheduled to visit...like right now...so he may jerk me around for a few days.

So what's the plan for the weekend, aside from partying with Naty today?!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #1939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love the idea of sportin' the *My Little Ponies* sleeping bag to the sleep over!! Oh what Fun can be had at anothers expense...especially if they really have been left with no other option, due to their age and lack of resources!! Yeah, Good times!! Well it could be worth a -threat- any how...just to at least get to see the straight horror cross the face!!

Whoa on the day you had yesterday!! What a time of having to scramble at the last minute, in order to help facilitate this last minute reno, at the work place!! A little extra notice would have sure gone a long way!! How frustrating!!
Oh my gosh, and then to follow that all up with the crazy balancing act of you here...us there, then this needs to go down & that...and what's that gun doing in the road?! I do not know how you stay as sane as you do...with having to endure the roller coaster action that can occur in a days time!! I'm thinking you've got nerves of steel!!

Oh yeah, have you already looked thru Kohls for your pants? Maybe you said that's where you came by your capris...I can't recall now.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #1940
Blabbermouth!!!

Back to add edited changes to the day! But it worked out great!

A and her little friend don't want to part ways but they each have things going on this afternoon so A is going to her house tonight for a sleepover! Which means.....ML and I have night with no kids!

Whoa!!! Can't even remember the last time that happened!!! Yeah fun! I am thinking diner and a movie date night may be in order!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #1941
Blabbermouth!!!

Awww....such a fun party it will be at Naty's!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #1942
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH my Goodness!! An X-rated date night party at the Loty's!! That's SUPER!! I think your plan of action sounds perfect!! DO IT!! Yah!!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #1943
Blabbermouth!!!

Yup, thats where I got the capris. And earned $30 in Kohls cash! And ya know what??? I am going to spend it on me! I hardly ever ever do! I am in dire need of clothing though!

Oh and as for being sane....if you saw me in real life you would know I teeter on the edge a lot! No thats not true. I should though then everyone wouldn't come to me for stupidness! Hmmm....come to think of it thats not a half bad idea! I think I see some crazy in my future!

Ok...I am out of here for real this time!

Good luck on your skype~ing interview today!!!! can't wait to hear how it went!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #1944
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OH my Goodness!! An X-rated date night party at the Loty's!! That's SUPER!! I think your plan of action sounds perfect!! DO IT!! Yah!!

Since when did you become a mind reader??????
Old 04-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #1945
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, here it is...the day is almost over. It never did end up warm enough to wanna go for the lounging action out on the back deck. No, instead it was just barely warm and a whole lot windy. Maybe tomorrow.

So the skypeage went for an hour & a half. Lots of questions. It went down a little different than I expected...in that I thought we'd surely stick to the facts...like when/how for the omitting/restricting of the insulin. We did cover that...but this researcher was really coming from an angle of the psychology behind it...so lots of -what are you feeling when you make the decision- sorta questions. Anyway, it went well & she was a joy to chat with. She's hoping her work will be published and said she'd share the outcome of the work with me when she was done.

While I was skyping, Rob & our Pastor fellow were chattin' it up on the phone, in lieu of the hang time they'd originally planned. In that convo, Rob & he agreed that he'd move forward with the teachola action, as long as it was understood that he really has no interest in working with the youngsters, with their lack of attention span, and rather he'd be willing to teach the older/more mature young adults. So...guess that's the plan!!

We ventured out to take the kids to their spa appt., and hopped over to H-Depot to look at kitchen faucet options, in order to upgrade ours a bit. We currently have one of those little sprayers off to the side of our faucet...but would like one that is built into the faucet...which would open up a spot for us to install a water purifier/faucet, along side the main faucet. We saw one that is a potential...but will look at their on-line selection for more options.

Once at home, we napped...for about an hour, before the Petco spa called, for us to retrieve the kids. The spa treatments did the kids Good!! Then...I napped again, for another 2.5'ish hours!! Wow...anyone need/want to share that combined 3.5 hours of napping time today?!

Throwing back a bit of the black right now...hoping to rev up enough to maybe knock out some laundries & do something about this plain jane mani I've got going. The other day I got the bright idea that if I painted the upper level of pigs a nude tone & then covered them with sparkle...I'd probably be able to get away with more wear time, for my efforts...as it wouldn't be as noticable when the paint begins to chip/wear off. Well that's true...but I think the lack of color on the them is just very aging looking. So, I may leave what I have on there...but jazz it up with maybe some colorful dots or...something.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 04-20-2013 at 07:28 PM..
Old 04-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #1946
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty, I hope you're having some luck with your shopping venture today!! I haven't been to Kohls in what seems like ages now. Just today they sent me a 30% off coupon...trying to entice me. It may have worked. I have to bonsai over that direction this coming Wednesday, for a follow up on my anaconda knee, with the vein specialist...so we'll see, maybe I'll plan to shop it out over there!!

I know exactly what you mean about being the crazy magnet!! Exactly!! I think that's really the natural order of things, ya know?! Crazy gravitates towards calm/grounded. Short of just straight up avoidance of the nuts...it creates an environment for the calm one, where they have to constantly draw the boundary lines, over & over. Exhausting!!

So the fake-ee lashes...hmmmm...maybe not soooo much. I feel like I had a fairly easy time applying the lashes, especially after hearing multiple girls on the U-tubeage complain of their initial difficulties. However...once on...they were just kinda -meh-. Could be because I went with a very conservative length, and so they mostly seemed to just give a thicker look. Well, I kinda feel like I get a thick enough look with 2 coats of the -Last Blast-covergirl mascara & the lash curler. They were fine/comfy enough throughout the day. They were not distracting, like I feared they would be. The glue kept them right where I put them, all day. Wasn't much of a fan of the removal process though. I used evoo on the tip of a q-tip to loosen the lashes & then pulled them off. Some glue stayed behind, of course, on my lash line/lid & I had to pull/pick it off. NO...I don't like the idea of the tugging/jerking of the eye area...or having to apply oil that close to the eyes. Plus...I still have the -clean up- of the lashes to deal with, as I applied mascara to them, plus the left over/stuck on glue.
No, I think that's a little much on the effort level, all & all...for what little gain there was. I'm glad for the experiment though...cause now I can stop coveting them when I'm shopping in the make up dept. of stores!!

Naty, I've thought of you and your Birthday action through out the day. I hope you've had all kinds of Fun celebrating your Special day!!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #1947
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loteage, what brand do you go with, when ordering your Coconut Oil from the A store? Rob says we need to look into what ever you're picking up & see if we might be able to get a better deal than here in town. We're going thru a lot of it!!

We just returned from letting Max in for the evening, over at CT's. He's such a special boy & just lovvvves attention. Rob has went over there a few times thru-out the day, starting at about 6am, to let him in/out & pack him around like a little baby.

The laundries are being postponed. I'll get to them before the day is up, tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #1948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I reckon I've done all the faucet searching I can take for one night. I must throw in the towel & go BACK to sleep.

Goodnight all y'allz!! See ya tomorrow!!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #1949
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! Don't have much time but wanted to drop a half a note

Had such a fun night! We didn't see a movie worth going to so we hopped over and went to the casino. It's been years since I have gone. We had a fun time and a nice dinner and......came home $260 richer! Whoohoo!!! I am excited over winning 5 bucks so you can imagine my elation when I hit for 225!! Then between that and ML little winnings we totaled the 260 Only problem is I may have lung cancer now The smoke is horrible in those places!!!!

Well that is NOT how I would have thought the interview would pan out either!! Not sure how I would have been able to deal with that! I am not a lets sit and discuss our feelings sort of person! At all! LOL Hmmm...will be interesting to see the final project!

The brand I get is Nutiva Extra virgin organic in the 54 oz container. There is a gallon size also but the price is the same unless you sign up for auto ship and I don't go through that much that fast. It is free shipping and $1 cheaper on that site than on our host site. 54 oz is 26.99

Alright....gotta run! TTYL!

Enjoy your day ladies!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #1950
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Lote, that does sound like a Fun time was to be had last night!! Total score on the winnings too!! That must have felt soooo Awesome to leave outta there with a new founded chunk of change like that...like you're being paid to go have a good time!! I know whatcha mean about being in need of the iron lung after the smoke exposure though!! That's just horrible!! It makes me think of all the kids and pets that are trapped in households where there is an indoor smoker. NOT FAIR!! I really feel that it should be -criminal- and kids/pets should be removed from that hazardous environment!! YES THEY SHOULD!!

Whew, ok...lets move on...
I do believe after researching it out...we are going to order the 54oz Nutiva, thru A...and cash in on the free shipping!! Thank you so much for the suggestion and the supporting info.!!

So TOM's been stalking me since 5am, threatening to come on strong. So, I took my time gettin' outta bed this morning. I wandered over to visit & let Max out, from CT's. He's such a character!! He was feeling spunky & hauling around the house...like a riled up stallion boy...with his tail pumped up & his ears back.
I've got some pain dope on board and makin' friends with my heating pad. The Hunk will have to venture on out to church it up by his lonely today.

What's the low down on the day for y'all?
Closed Thread