Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #1891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Happy Tuezzday!!

Snowy & wearthery again today!! Very pretty & looks like Christmas!!

We've ran out of a batch of important vites & coconut oil...but I DON'T wanna leave the homestead today. NO!! So, we will -fast- for a day from those goods.
Mostly I just don't want to dedicate the time to gettin' full-on purty & take the time from all the choring I wanna get done around here today, with shoppin' stuff out.

B: Avocado & Almonds-Coconut Coffee & Iced T.

So, just finished unloading the dw & need to reload + clean counters. Then I'll move onto sparkle the powders/scrub a tub, make a bed, dust & vac. I may consider going all out & bust out the mop , and at least hit the muddy path the kids have made thru the kitch/dining area.

Those are the planz man!!
What are all y'allz up to today?!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #1892
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
all fruit day 2
fun fun mainly miniumum is 2500 cals however 4000 + is great lol

i have appetite but hard to eat so much raw fruit..detox=happening
cleaner gut and energy..

today at 960cals and 11:30 lol

hard but after feast digestion 30-45mins appetite is back

no more toxins constipation easier to concentrate/think.
however tire fast lol cause digestion

doing well so far
Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #1893
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yummy Naty!! Do you think you're feelin' on the low side of energy due to lack of protein? Could you pop some nuts/seeds on this plan? What about the Designer Whey protein powder. The vanilla flavored batch we has is just 2 or 3 carbs and can be blended right into fruit shakes/juice. Just a wonder.

Oh this reminds me, Loty, are you still thowing back the quantums of Grapefruit?

Kitchy is done (aside from those jacked up floors ). Movin' onto powders/tub.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #1894
Senior LCF Member

feel so sad for boston..HORRIBLE TRAGEDY.. God bless all that got hurt..
wonder what terrorist attack this is

...true i am happy for the detox, but need to figure another approach

fruit= costs alot to buy everyday ..i have to shop every day with pounds of fruit llol..get stared at like i'm having giant smoothies lol

plus i don't know thinking things through...

mainly

80carbs
10fat
10protein percents

no added fats or high protein allowed just raw fruits
fruitarian way lol
Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #1895
Senior LCF Member

my thing is smells seem to turn me to crave lol
Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #1896
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Hey hey hey whazzup????

Well Miss Ninja Kitty!! You were highly productive today!!!! I totally need to follow in your footsteps tomorrow! This place is a dump! Someone is way behind on homestead choring!!

So how is the menu planning going? I can't believe Rob volunteered to do that with you! How amazingly supportive! Speaking of the Hunk....hows the choo~choo~room going? I *think* maybe updated pics may be in order Sewing is one thing I have never learned to do. Maybe I should learn, a homemade quilt would rock! I still use the one we got as a wedding gift and I love it!

Do you ever buy your CO online? I usually get it from amazon in a big tub. I probably should order some more soon too!

oh I am not happy to hear your Dad is still causing such stress to himself and you guys! Don't you wish you could get people to see the error of their ways before it causes so much problems!?
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #1897
Blabbermouth!!!

Naty! How long are you going to be a fruititarian??? Your right it is bloody expensive! How in the heck are you getting 2500-4000 cals from fruit???? Holy cow you must really be throwing it back! So what smells are getting your craving goin?

Its tragic and horrible about the attacks!! I am just sickened by it all!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #1898
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I had a very productive day!

worked until 11:30
ran to the bank to replace a debit card I *thought* I lost (found it after i had already cancelled it)
ran to another bank to open a G & A account and found out I need some other paperwork So ran to the county building and made bunches of phone calls
stopped and bought tickets for A's recital this Sat.
Went with CT to look at 9 houses.....and put in an offer on one!

It is only a 1 bedroom and small, however its already had windows, siding, roof, electrical, plumbing, kit, and flooring redone in the last 4 years. Its listed for 26,900 I only offered 15,000 because we found out that they are close to being evicted by the city for owing 5 years back taxes. They bought it for 6,500 and probably has 10,000 in upgrades. Soooo....They have until Thursday to counter
Old 04-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #1899
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning!!!!

I am just up waiting for kids to get ready. Then cleaning cleaning cleaning day today! ML is home so he gets to have fun too!

This afternoon A has a concert, so we have to leave at 2 for that. Which means....no nap for me today No nap yesterday either Not cool!

I am going to skip Tops this am because I have too much to do here. And lets be honest I dont want to get my purdy on just yet
Old 04-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #1900
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Wednesday!! It's H--p Day...

Loty, that's super generous of you to let ML get in on the reindeer games with ya today!!

You know I don't care for plays/musicals & the such, but I'd go to see Little A!! And be happy about it!! Too bad that it does come at the cost of a nap though!! I won't get to partake in one either. I'm gonna go out with CT to track down the charter bus station that will drive her to the Amtrak station, which is 2+ hours from here, as it looks as though she might actually take her bonsia Calfornia trip after all. I can't count the amount of -plans- that have been made for this this jaunt. But, it looks as though she's committed to bail on Friday. We'll drop her off at this station that we're on the hunt for today.

Yes, TOPS should wait till next week. Give yourself some time to recover from this whirlwind you've been thru!!

Boy I feel for ya on the replacing of the debit card that was not actually -really- missing at all. I've totally done that!! What a PAIN!!

How exciting to have put an offer in on a potential winner!! It sounds really Great!! And how Awesome is that to find that it's already been brought up to tip-top shape!! The sellers would be wise, given their sitch, to take your offer!! NEATO!! I can't wait to hear what comes of this!!

The meal planning for the Hunk is slow going. Thankfully he's had a fridge full of foodies to get him thru the past few days, as I'm still in research mode. So much to be considered...in trying to find a recipe I -want- to put together, out of so many that just sound so YUCK...and what will he actually be willing to chow... What a pain!! I'm Glad that he wants to shift on over to this...forsure, but I suppose I feel a little overwhelmed at needing to get things figured out & edible...where as when it was just me chowing this way...I could keep it very basic & yuck tasting, without caring much.

Yes, I agree, it is time for an updated piccy of the play room. Maybe I'll snap that this eve. It took me a bit last night, but I read thru the whole manual on the sewing machine...figured out all the odds/ends & I think I'm ready to put it to use. With as crafty/creative as you are in other ways...I think it would be fun to see how much you might enjoy being a -sewy- too!! As for quilting...Rob made us one mannnny years ago. He made it with realllly small squares...and he made it very, very large. What a huge undertaking!! That was during a time in our marriage when we had the hardest time communicating. I recall trying to read to him a part out of a -relationship improvement- book, and as I was reading, he starts in sewing, with the loud sewing machine, right over me speaking. I was so ticked OFF!! I flew up off the couch, stormed into our bedroom and hucked that stupid relationship book at the wall...a few times.

Must ship out to you before the smile limit comes about....back in a sec.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #1901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I guess I need to round myself up over here & start thinking about tracking down the pretties. Haven't really had the -wanna- for putting in all that effort the past couple days...but whatevv...the freak-show must go on!!

Naty, what's on the menu today? How's your energy level?

Allllllright!! Doing it.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #1902
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, no, I hadn't ever considered ordering the coconut oil, off the 'puter. That may be the route to go!! For this last batch we paid about $7.50, for a jar. I've certainly paid more too!! However, I think there may be a shop that sells it for right around $6. I'll have to look into your internet findings on this.

B: Avocado-Black Coconut Java & Iced T.

It's Garbage morning!! Today is also the day that they'll take away the big ole yard waste garb & leave me with an empty can to refill. Perfect timing, as the weather is just starting to shift to what is supposed to be drier, sunnier days...edging on up to mid 60*s even!!
Pathetic that this sorta thing is found to be a stoker!! I couldn't have cared less about anything in the above paragraph back when I was kid. Now it's part of the -Good Times-!! OLD!!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #1903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa, well that all ended up taking so much longer than I'd planned!!
We scoped out the location that I need to have CT at Friday eve, for the drop off and then ran around town. Stopped off at the latest & greatest brand new Goodwill shop. Then Wally, an optomitrist shop & Fred Meyers. I replaced out my Vile G drink, with another. It was sooooo tempting to go with another kind, that one of the other gals in the isle was raving about, as it tasted "soooooooo good". But it didn't have quite as many super foods/vites in it...so NO!!
Anyway...that's been the afternoon so far.

What are you chicks up to?!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #1904
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning my Frenz!!

Prayers for all these folks who are going thru such hard/devestating experiences right now!! My heart just aches for the pain they're surely in. Just woke up to news on the radio of the sitch in West Texas I think they said...where there was some sort of -fertilizer plant- explosion that has killed 15 or so and injured well over a 100 people...not to mention that they're still in -search & rescue- mode, so the tallies for each are really not known quite yet. Such hard times.

I've been a *Do-ee* around here...all morning!! The kids & I went out back for yard clean up & filled the big yard waste container again, pulled weeds, swept the front of the house webbies, and the cement of the Hunks plywood cuttings/sawdust. Oh yeah, and took care of all the recycles.
Next up is to hit the dailys in the house, and then move into some random tasks & some bizz calls, before making lunches. Notice there is no -Prettifying- built into the morning. NO!! I don't want to!! I just wanna get stuff done. I'll get cleaned up when I feel like it!!

What are you chicks up to today?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 04-18-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #1905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah...and last night, Thanx to the Handsome one...I know how to Skype now!! I had to be able to pull that together in order to be able to follow thru with that interview, with that researcher who's compiling info on the Diabulimia. We're looking to skype on Saturday.
That may be the extent for me & the skyping though. I have many friends/some family that have bugged me about gettin' it together so that we could -visit-, but I don't know that I want to.
Do you all skype?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #1906
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty, today is the day to get the word on the 1st possible G & A prop!!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #1907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just finished with lunches and restoring the kitch to norm. I've got the kiddos blankets drying right now & baking their cushions out in the sunshine...where they too are baking...atop the cushions. Finished up on vac'ing the whole homestead & furniture... and making the powders sparkle. Now I'm off to replant a little tree/houseplant that CT nearly killed, by giving it too much sunlight...even though the info/directions clearly said to give it IN-direct sunlight, she put it in FULL all day long sunshine. She NO risson!!

You guys act like you've got -real lives- or something!!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #1908
Blabbermouth!!!

Well well well....let me tell you what a fun day I have had!

We have had rain for days and days so now we are under flood warnings. The police were goin around last night evacuating folks. So the apartments have a pond and it has overflowed and came up the sliding windows of about 4 of the apartments. So....I spend the day evacuating people Actually not really, I had to run with a company truck and buy pumps and bags of sand and deliver that. Then go back to the office and field all the crazy phone calls! People sure to get nuts! And we are expecting 2-4 more inches tonight OH AND......I know you will feel my pain, the ONLY store in the entire city and surrounding cities that had these pumps we needed was ML store So I had to go and meet some of the work peeps....not a fan!

Oh, I don't know if I will hear back about the G & A house. They were supposed to get back to me by 6 tonight. Well thats in 15 min and no word. His realtor really dropped the ball. Only told the old guy this morning at like 11 The offer was submitted at like 9 am yesterday. So we will see.

I am just whooped! And I have so much to do here too, I will have to pull up my big girl pants and get to it!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #1909
Blabbermouth!!!

So CT is actually going on this trip hey!? Well at least your not having to drive 2 hrs at night to get her where she needs to go! How long is she going for, or did you say and I missed it? So are you in chargge of Max while she is away?? Will he come over to your house?

Well I been reading all the stuff you been up to and the amount of chores you been cranking out....Do you feel like your new diet is giving you more energy? Or is it the lowering of the meds or what? Cause you are from what I can see like the dang energizer bunny these days!!

oh I just cant even keep up on all the tragedies going on! I guess last night there was a bomb set off in the next town over. And last week a 13 yo boy that goes to the school that G will go to next year shot himself. It is soooo scaarryyyy!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #1910
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Oh yeah...and last night, Thanx to the Handsome one...I know how to Skype now!! I had to be able to pull that together in order to be able to follow thru with that interview, with that researcher who's compiling info on the Diabulimia. We're looking to skype on Saturday.
That may be the extent for me & the skyping though. I have many friends/some family that have bugged me about gettin' it together so that we could -visit-, but I don't know that I want to.
Do you all skype?
Well that is so cool! I am curious what they are going to ask you. How did they find you?

Nope I don't skype but G does it everyday with her little friends
Old 04-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #1911
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL I keep forgetting to reply to things..... I am going to have like 8760 posts on here just because of brain farts!

Yes I always buy CO from the website starting with an A and ending in zon.

I find much better deals on there!

i have to figure out dinner. I was running errands after work . I had to go buy water. The streets are so flooded and waste water treatment plant can't keep up so they are expecting that our water will be contaminated soon
Old 04-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #1912
Blabbermouth!!!

Well got off the phone with CT and she said the seller needs a day to think on it. Well... I gave two. His realtor just didn't tell him Oh well anyway I should know more tomorrow evening. He is just the cutest old guy I feel a little bad low balling him. All he has to do is counter though. I don't know what the hold up is.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #1913
Blabbermouth!!!

OK I am starting to feel crazy

But....have you youtube'd raw food diet??? Well this guy I had watched a bunch of his vids when I was looking for nasty green shakes....remember that crazy 30 sec fad? Anyway he has tons of vids

Old 04-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #1914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa, rapid fire post by the Loteage!!

Dangity Dang Dang on the sellers realtor for dragging his heels on this!! Yes, a night for the sweet oldie to sleep on it & consider his plan 'O action. I totally understand the -feel bads- for coming in low. I once tried to encourage my folks to buy a house that none of us were crazy about, for many reasons...because the seller, (recently widowed ollllld fella), wanted to move to be closer to his family/children after his wife had passed. That kinda stuff gets me all the time!!

YUCK on the contaminated water sitch!! So are you to be concerned with shower water too? Oh my goodness, what a mess of an ordeal for you guys and the resident folks at your work!! What happens to the resident folk in a situation like this, if their rental is unhabitable for a time? Do they look to move into another unit on the property if there are vacancies or is that not the way it goes down? The whole thing sounds pretty stressful!!

The researcher gal had an ad begging for help on a diabetes site. So I replied & agreed to help out. They seem to want to gather info on diabetics that restrict/omit their insulin doses. I guess they're hoping to get a better idea of why they would do such a thing. Ummmm, the NON-STOP, unrelenting weight gain my friend...that's the why & the how come!!

Yes, I'm very Thankful that we don't have to treck cross country to get CT to the train!! You know that idea came about all because she didn't thouroughly look to see what alllllll the options were, before making her reservation. Lame.
She hasn't bought the return ticket yet...as she's waiting to see how she's feelin' & how much fun she is/isn't havin'. Yeah, I'll hop over to her place each day, a couple times a day for Max. He comes over once in awhile (today as a matter of fact), to cuss some of the other kitties in the hood & lounge in the grassy yard. CT's yard is all rock...so not as comfy for those kinda naps.

So, as for any extra energies...I'm gonna guess that it's got more to do with more normal blood sugars than the diet. I'm running low on protein...because of the diet...so I'd think that's probably holding me back from being a full-on sprinter over here.
How's your chow plan going?! Is Grapefruit still a BFF?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #1915
Blabbermouth!!!

Ahh....well thats pretty cool! Maybe you can help them out with all your experiences! Have you been able to lower your dose again?
How are you getting protein? Just nuts?

We did not have any vacant apartments but our sister property did so we put them there.

And YES! We are all taking baths/showers tonight! Just in case!!!! Otherwise I will boil water and sponge bath I guess Oh my....don't even want to think of it!

My diet has been awful since before the wedding! I need to make the grapefruit a friend of mine again! I feel like lately I have been on a roller coaster of stuff going on! I want off this ride ASAP!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #1916
Blabbermouth!!!

Now you have me watching all these things!

Can you tell by watching him he used to be a drug addict? Hes a little out there still hey?

Some good bits of info though

Old 04-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #1917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

COOOOOL man, I totally dig it!! Yeah, I love me some hippy action!! What a GREAT video!! Thank you for sharing this!! I am totally going to build my first Hunky Raw meal around this Taco-Mexico idea!!

I forgot to share with you my cholesterol #'s!! Gonna go grab them now & throw them on here for you to see. BRB
Old 04-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #1918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So...all the #'s from 3 months ago were all status quo...had pretty much been ridin' that way for at least the past couple years now. The Cholesterol had inched up a bit...enough so that the Endo suggested that I could/should go on statins. I'm very anti-statins, because of all of the conflicting research that mostly seems to point to it being a HORRIBLE idea. So, I didn't take him up on the offer.
Also, just wanted to note that I started in with the raw green on March 24th, and this last blood work was drawn on April 9th. That's only 16 days, I think. But, it's been every.single.meal...straight up raw-green.

Cholesterol 241, now...153
LDL 162, now...95
Non-HDL Chol 186, now...115

Trippy!!

I'm gonna check out your other video!!

You've had SO MUCH going on...I know it's overwhelming and frustrating...just trying to catch your breath thru it all, much less stay on top of a strict chow plan. You're gonna turn this around!! Your days won't always be so chaotic...and you will be able to put you & your goals at the top of the list!! You will!! You're gonna do it!!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #1919
Blabbermouth!!!

Oooh...your NOT going to like this chic! She says the *E* word all the time!

But the sauce looks good...over zuchinni noodles

This has interesting *cheese* sauce.

OMG...tons of work but the hunk may like it for special treats

Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #1920
Blabbermouth!!!

OK my dears I am off to bed! Well shower first..then bed!

Catch ya on the flip!
Closed Thread